Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) (63490 Views)

How To Force Enable 4G Only Mode On Your Infinix Note 4 And Other Android Phones / Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! / How To Network Unlock MTN S730/s720i Phones And Other Android Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Abiodunspectre(m): 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
Most Tecno users have been making complaints about their hotspot turning of by it self whenever they put it on and I also have a caption below of a brother whom have made same complaints to me, just so you know this software related issue is not peculiar to TECNO devices alone, even Infinix users are affected by it.

Most times this hotspot, WiFi and bluetooth issues are caused by third party applications installed or updated on our devices like; babel font

HOW TO FIX HOTSPOT ISSUE ON TECNO DEVICES

Go to your phone settings
navigate your way to "Apps" and click on it.
Now tap on the three dots on the screen beside the settings symbol and a pop up will appear like the one in the attached image

as you can see there are two options being displayed there, so just tap on "reset app preferences".
once done, reboot your device and turn on your hotspot.
Should in-case the problem does persists;
go to "Settings" locate and Click on "Apps" show system apps and reset "OOBE" if that does not work
Locate Babel Font" and uninstall updates made on it..
but I am certain one of them will work most especially the first step, it worked for me and other users I have tried it on.

Source: http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/camon-aa/119470-how-to-fix-hotspot-issues-on-tecno-devices

11 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Abiodunspectre(m): 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
Mod Should help push to front page
Worked on my CAMON CX and can help other Tecno and Infinix users on Nairaland fix their WiFi hotspot issues.

cc:

honeric01

semid4lyfe
lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Ennyholar: 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
Was gbayi OP
The second tips actually worked on my Camon C7
It should work on other androids too not only Tecno

2 Likes

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Realboygenius(m): 3:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nice one OP
But this problem seems peculiar to Android 5.0 and higher
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ennyholar:
Was gbayi OP
I uninstalled Babel fonts through Playstore
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by wildcatter23(m): 3:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
Let book a space

6 Likes

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ennyholar:
Was gbayi OP

Thank you the feedback
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
Realboygenius:
Nice one OP
But this problem seems peculiar to Android 5.0 and higher

The problem is rampant in Nougat
Alot of Infinix devices also has this problem
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by paolokonqueror(m): 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2017
I don't even like hot-spot sef, too dey chop data hian!
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
paolokonqueror:

Looooool
Hotspot is actually good when you have enough data
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
Very educative

A plot of land in Enugu for sale.

Price: 2.8M

Call 0-8-1-0-5-8-6-6-4-7-3*
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
wildcatter23:
Let book a space

Was it this father in the picture that said it?

If not, you have broken the 9th commandment and borne false witness

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Ugoeze2016: 6:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
What is the meaning of hotspot?

paolokonqueror:
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by muller101(m): 6:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
SHOULD IN CASE. Op wrong grammar.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by henryobinna(m): 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Does this only affect Tecno phones?

I'm not a fan anyway.

By the way here's fifa 14 apk with latest players https://www.droidpost.com/2017/07/unlocked-fifa-14-apk-2017-players-update.html
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Cutezt(m): 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Deicide: 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Xame way windows 10 has WI-FI issues
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by owaeghianye(m): 6:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by cyborg123(m): 6:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
grin
og2711:

Was it this father in the picture that said it?

If not, you have broken the 9th commandment and borne false witness
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
okay

if you see it click like

4 Likes

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by ggiz: 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Thank u for dis post, mine didnt work. Can u do me a favour by given me a detail explanation on d 2ns n 3rd step? especially on "OOBEE n Babel font"

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
When this happened to me I formatted my phone lol
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by dhaking(m): 7:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
tnx OP, I jux solved d same P wit my Tecno L8+ with the last step and its now working perfectly.
tnx a lot...very very helpful

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by pweshboi(m): 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
Asin ehn, op tanx for this info... I have the same problem on my infinix hot note.
I just resolved the problem on my phone, was actually thinking of formatting it before. thanks once again for this info @OP

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Oluwaplumpie(m): 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
How do u reset OOBE?
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by ITbomb(m): 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
It's mostly an Android 5.0 problem

Solution?

Next time get a device that you can upgrade to the latest Android version
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
I'll try the tip on my S8+ tongue
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Gealman: 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
Op thanks for this information... It has save me the stress of doing factory reset on my infinix phone
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by zealed64: 7:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
How do you reset OOBE I use C9 tecno ....my Bluetooth sometimes misbehaves...it will be on and sometimes it won't show the Bluetooth icon above the screen indicating it's on... Turning it off too is difficult, in some cases too turning it on too doesn't work...

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by tojahh(m): 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
Mine..... The bbm cannot work on my phone unless I connect via hotspot in another phone same thing with my bank app.

When I connect via hotspot I can only use the bbm and the bank app never worked with my subscribed data.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics / Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.