Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers (35063 Views)

How To Make Seafood Okra (photos) / Foods And Recipe / 5 Delicious Soups And Delicacies You Should Try! See Photos.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by CrustandSea: 11:00pm On Nov 07, 2017
Still trying to master this art. i'm usually very mincy when I use garlic. I can't shout. But always ready to learn, wouldn't mind your trick smiley

BlaqCoffee109:
Thing is,people don't know how to cook with garlic to not get that garlic smell...If you know how to get garlic in the mix,you could put a bowlful of garlic in your dish all you get is a rich aroma one wouldn't know its garlic!
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
CrustandSea:
Wow! This is assorted.. But i'm not so much a fan of bitterleaf, I would easily replace it with another vegetable. Banga soup is just heavenly, sadly I haven't had it in a while

you know mixing okra with seafood is ultra sweetness...using other vegetables will not cut it...hence the need to blend the sweetness with bitterleaf...just wash the bitterleaf till the foam is reduced and near white then its fit to add in the soup
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
CrustandSea:
Still trying to master this art. i'm usually very mincy when I use garlic. I can't shout. But always ready to learn, wouldn't mind your trick smiley

try this method...for grill,frying etc...mash with butter and curry,a dash of soy sauce with chilli to paste...that should do @elsomm

1 Like

Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by CrustandSea: 11:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
you know mixing okra with seafood is ultra sweetness...using other vegetables will not cut it...hence the need to blend the sweetness with bitterleaf...just wash the bitterleaf till the foam is reduced and near white then its fit to add in the soup

Okay! will try this..
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by CrustandSea: 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
try this method...for grill,frying etc...mash with butter and curry,a dash of soy sauce with chilli to paste...that should do

Oh amazing! this totally blends in the garlic.. on point! grin
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 07, 2017
CrustandSea:

Oh amazing! this totally blends in the garlic.. on point! grin
yup
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 07, 2017
CrustandSea:

Okay! will try this..
Sure...
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by CrustandSea: 11:34pm On Nov 07, 2017
I will continue with more African seafood recipes tomorrow. Have a goodnight everyone! And don't for get to add your if you have.. thanks to @Blaqcoffee109 for the lovely contributions. Cheers! smiley

1 Like

Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by olowobaba10: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2017
DO WE REALLY KNOW OR EAT SEAFOOD IN NIGERIA? I COULD REMEMBER CHATTING WITH A NIGERIAN LADY (A GRADUATE) SOMETIME AGO AND SHE ASKED ME WHAT I ATE FOR LUNCH. I TOLD HER SEAFOOD, SHE ASKED ME WHAT IS SEAFOOD AND AND AT THE SAME TIME SHOUTED OK CATFISH.
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by CrustandSea: 11:20am On Nov 08, 2017
Very true! But that is why this platform was started to educate people and share recipes then go further to making available.. Seafood is a very healthy and enjoyable delicacy.

olowobaba10:
DO WE REALLY KNOW OR EAT SEAFOOD IN NIGERIA? I COULD REMEMBER CHATTING WITH A NIGERIAN LADY (A GRADUATE) SOMETIME AGO AND SHE ASKED ME WHAT I ATE FOR LUNCH. I TOLD HER SEAFOOD, SHE ASKED ME WHAT IS SEAFOOD AND AND AT THE SAME TIME SHOUTED OK CATFISH.
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by CrustandSea: 11:21am On Nov 08, 2017
So I'll share a few seafood delicacies today. Please comment, like, share and give feedback
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by CrustandSea: 11:24am On Nov 08, 2017
SEAFOOD SOUP WITH OKRA

Seafood and okra pair incredibly well together. Enjoy on its own or with your choice of swallow.

INGREDIENTS

Oil OR palm oil
Tomato, chilli, pepper mix
Tomato paste
Water
Knorr chicken cubes, crumbled
Paprika
Crayfish powder
Freshly chopped Okra
Seafood of choice

PREPARATION METHOD

Place a pot on medium heat and add in half of the oil or palm oil. Leave for 2-3 minutes

Add the pepper mix and tomato paste into the oil. Stir. Add the crumbled KNORR cubes and crayfish powder and 2 cups of water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes

Add in the chopped okra- stir. Add in the parboiled seafood and left over palm oil. Simmer uncovered for another 3 minutes.

Serve seafood okra with your choice of solid or by itself

Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by elsomm(m): 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
nah,i am just an epicurean who loves to cook! say,i enjoy the finer things and appreciate fine food.

I'm in love!
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by elsomm(m): 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
Thing is,people don't know how to cook with garlic to not get that garlic smell...If you know how to get garlic in the mix,you could put a bowlful of garlic in your dish all you get is a rich aroma one wouldn't know its garlic!

Please tell, how can I do that? I like cooking with garlic
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
elsomm:

Please tell, how can I do that? I like cooking with garlic
revert to my earlier post hereon.
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2017
elsomm:

I'm in love!
yeah
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
CrustandSea:
So I'll share a few seafood delicacies today. Please comment, like, share and give feedback
oysters?
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Speak2klein: 9:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
Interestingly I haven't done something with oysters before but let me consult my Delphi smiley

BlaqCoffee109:
oysters?
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 08, 2017
[/quote] kiss
Speak2klein:
Interestingly I haven't done something with oysters before but let me consult my Delphi smiley

smiley
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Speak2klein: 8:02am On Nov 09, 2017
This is awesome! Crustandsea please continue
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Speak2klein: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2017
Would you like to have this? Grilled octopus in sauce??

Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Enoquin(f): 9:43am On Nov 09, 2017
CrustandSea:
More Nigerian recipes coming! please show support by liking or commenting.. thank you wink

You haven't replied my question regarding the cocoyam used in one of the recipes you dropped either on the first page or page 1
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by CrustandSea: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2017
The two common types of cocoyam in Nigeria are "Colocasia esculenta" and Xanthosoma sagittifolium root". Although these two varieties are edible, Xanthosoma sagittifolium roots are always boiled, roasted, steamed and sometimes pounded to make fufu meals while Colocasia esculenta (Ede ofe) is commonly used in Nigeria to thicken soup and some are know to itch the skin. So I'm referring to the second

Enoquin:

You haven't replied my question regarding the cocoyam used in one of the recipes you dropped either on the first page or page 1
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by CrustandSea: 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
Quinoa Shrimp Stir-Fry

The very beautiful Atim of Afrolems.com inspired lunch for today. This dish was inspired by her Suya chicken Quinoa Stir fry, you should check it out. For my variation, I decided to make use of Shrimp and coconut oil to bring it all together. I have always been a fan of quinoa; I have tried several recipes.

The most important thing to remember is that quinoa should extremely fluffy, water logged soggy quinoa will definitely not work.

COCONUT CURRY QUINOA

Some Quinoa basics:

1 cup raw quinoa = 3 cups cooked quinoa
Quinoa cooks in approximately 20 minutes
Rinse your quinoa before and allow enough time for it to drain completely
Medium-low heat produces better result
1 part fresh quinoa require 1.5 equal parts liquid
For best result, use some type of broth as your base – NEVER USE WATER
Allow time for quinoa to cool after cooking and always fluff with a fork

What you will need:

2.5 cups raw quinoa
2 cups chopped carrot and peas mix (frozen or canned works just fine)
1 cup chopped mushrooms (optional)
3.75 Cups Chicken or Beef Broth
2 tablespoon butter – Divided
2 cups raw shrimp ( Cleaned and deveined)
3 tablespoons Coconut oil (substitute olive, peanut or vegetable oil)
2 cloves of Garlic – Finely Minced
1 teaspoon dried pepper ( ata gigun)
2-3 cubes Maggi*
Salt to taste
**Note: If you do not have broth, boil 3.75 cups of water with 1 cube maggi, salt and your favorite spices.

Direction:

Cooking the quinoa

Start by generously washing the quinoa under running water, you want to get rid of as much “top foam” as possible. Pour the washed quinoa into a colander (sieve) and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes (this is to get rid of excess water)
Quinoa1

Place a pot with a tight fitting lead on high heat, add in the broth. Cover and bring to a rolling boil. Add in one part butter and quinoa. Stir. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 15-20minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool (uncovered)

Season the shrimp with some salt and pepper. Set aside
Heat up the coconut oil in a large pot or wok. Add in the minced garlic and stir fry until fragrant. Add in the shrimp and cook for about 1 minute.
Stir in pepper. Add maggi and salt.
Stir in the peas and carrots
Fluff the cooked quinoa with fork, add quinoa into the pot. Add in the left over butter . Stir fry for 1-2 minutes

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by CrustandSea: 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2017
Cc; lalasticala
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by CrustandSea: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
mynd44 please do the needful. This is too valuable not to be on front page
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by CrustandSea: 10:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Speak2klein: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2017
Seafood supplies available. SHoot me a message
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Speak2klein: 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2017
H guys! Check out Shrimps Fried Rice recipe

Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by bilag17(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2017
CrustandSea:
Thanks for your mouth watering posts. Which varieties can I make with fresh Catfish?
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by bilag17(m): 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2017
The posts create appetite by force. Seafoods are extremely delicious with the appropriate delicacies. Please keep up the thread.
Re: Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers by Speak2klein: 10:24am On Dec 14, 2017
Thank you dear

bilag17:
The posts create appetite by force. Seafoods are extremely delicious with the appropriate delicacies. Please keep up the thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? / See My Delicious Tomato Stew With Grilled Chicken. (Photos & Video) / I Decided To Cook Jollof Rice Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.