Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,682 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen (13081 Views)

When She Says She Has Not Seen Her Period (photo) / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by olanajim(m): 6:13pm On Feb 07, 2010
Ujujoan:

I think it's very possible to fall in love with someone you've not met in person. Aside from the physical appearance preferences, wat we fall in love with is his or her personality and that can be detected over the phone, especially if both parties are sincere.

I never thought I'd say this but the way guys go on and on about intimacy these days, I think online dating is the best. That way you can study the person from far and get to know him or her before the intimacy comes! Most of the time, all we ever think of when we meet a girl or guy is intimacy and we all know how that can cloud your judgement.

So yes, people can fall in love without seeing each other . . . . If they are sincere!

This is my opinoin, thanks for the input. You have just won my heart.

@poster,
No one has evver seen God picture of hear his voice neither has anyne claimed to have seen him before. But we not only believe him but also love Him.

Same with Jesus and all.

Secondly, if the above assertion is to be true, have you not heard of blind men and women falling in love? I believ that is where you need to learn.

The truth is that love is not about the face. It is about personality. That is why ladies can fall in love with poor ugly guys and guys can also love ugly ladies. The situation where people have to see before loving is a result of lact of sincerity and desire to gratified our lusts. Lust is most prevalence today whichh explain why we have many heartbreaks.

The most important thing is the person you love and not the appearance he/she wears.

YES, you can love without seeing the person, but that is if bother of you are sincere!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by keeptalkin(m): 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2010
@post
its called infatuation
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by prudentcy(m): 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2010
[email]
unitee:

@poster I dont think its possible to love someone you havent seen,,,, but Its possible to like them or be drawn to them with some force you may want to meet with the person and take it from there, but not before meeting because you may faint when you meet the person and you already in love only to be confronted by a monster

yeah,you may faint when you see d person face 2 face but at least after seeing his/her picture u can be attracted to him/her cos love has nothing 2 do
with seeing each other,luv is about feeling and it can travel 2 anywhere no mata d distance,
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by yme1(f): 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2010
nah i can never love some one i havent seen but attraction,hell yeah cheesy
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by RecentPost: 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2010
It's possible and makes sense to love someone you have never seen,it has happened to me before and still happening and it really works
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 08, 2010
Yes, its possible. It works provided both of you are sincere and have the commitment to make the relationship work. Have faith and Pray.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Tochibre: 5:34am On Jul 01, 2010
It is possible to fall in love with someone you have never meet. I have been talking to my friend now since 2006. we lost contact for a while but this year we started talking again. I first had no feelings for him but soon I found myself paying attention to his words. We started viewing each others webcam and I felt myself falling for him.
Now Im finding myself giving him all my attention. He has now mentioned marriage. Has not ask the quetion but we talk about it.
He wants me to come to country to meet him. Im afraid to go to a strange place with no back up but i long to meet him because he has now found my heart.
I believe if he ask me I will say yes,

So Please advise
this is not infatuation, I believe I have falling for this gentleman!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any comments grin[color=#770077][/color]
Tochi
This is the pet name he has given me
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by aayusha655: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
Loving the person whom you have not seen ever sounds crazy. Just seeing the photo or guessing his character by his words is not enough. To know the person very closely you must meet him personally and talk to him face to face. If that person is far from you, he may cheat on you and can tell lies. You can't trust blindly to a person you have never seen. It is just a certain attraction to him/her but its not love. What you hope in that guy, in reality he may not possess any such qualities. Its only a fake love or time pass love but not 'true love'
So, its just impossible.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by preeky: 10:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
Three years ago,I made that mistake of my life and let me advise nairalanders against this. This is my story( the man on phone was such a gentleman, well educated and his voice was to the point.This was after he dialled a wrong number thereafter we felt love for each other .We talked often and he became the last person to call before I slept and the first to call when I woke up.A day came when he was to come to my town for some errands and he was to stop over at ma place.He called and there I went to pick him and behold the man was quite opposite from what I had imagined.he was so emaciated,tall and very dark more so cos of the accumulated dirt on his skin I dint like what i saw.To hide ma shock i welcomed him to my room and when he removed the shoes I would have thrown him out.It was so smelly that i decided to wash his clothes had a nice bath plus favourite meal.I also made him some comfortable beddings since he had indicated to sleep over.In the morning he left but left behind the wet clothes against my advise.Since that time I refused to pick his calls and thats when I realised the guy was an emotional wreck.He sent me over fifty bad texts and made more calls just to make me burge and wanted to use the two clothes he left behind as an excuse to show up.It became a police case after he started threatening me and they put him out of my life.please people dont fall in love especially on phone
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 19, 2013
Out of nowhere an old topic appears grin

You can love the person they can to be... but truth is, they are probably lying..
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 19, 2013
Ujujoan: I think it's very possible to fall in love with someone you've not met in person. Aside from the physical appearance preferences, wat we fall in love with is his or her personality and that can be detected over the phone, especially if both parties are sincere.

I never thought I'd say this but the way guys go on and on about intimacy these days, I think online dating is the best. That way you can study the person from far and get to know him or her before the intimacy comes! Most of the time, all we ever think of when we meet a girl or guy is intimacy and we all know how that can cloud your judgement.

So yes, people can fall in love without seeing each other . . . . If they are sincere!
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Urine: 11:19am On Jul 19, 2013
↑↑↑ kiss
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by splaka(m): 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
dis hapend to me...i met ds girl abt two and a half yrs ago altough we didnt cee initaly bt gavin communicated for a while,exchangrd picturres on facebook...i thot she was gud to go....bt nt knowin i had made a mistake until i finally saw her wen i went for a biz trip in lagos....lo and behold i tod her to meet me at a popular busstop in lagos....i cudnt bliv my eyes...i was dumbfounded...watvi saw was highly difrmt frm dos pix she semt me on facebook.to cut d whol story short..dat was d end of d frndship
bliv its beta to see sumone physically dan all ds social netwok datin sites.i learnt my lesson.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Iilyblinks(f): 10:59am On Jul 20, 2013
[color=#550000][/color] yes i tink is possible to fall in lov wit sum1 dat u hav nt seen. Cus sum tyms God cn make u to find ur mr 2tru social networks. Dat if is destiny to be. Sum tyms God do tins in a mystrious ways in tink u cn lov sum1 u hav nt seen. I wil stop here 4 nw.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Iilyblinks(f): 11:01am On Jul 20, 2013
Wat wil be wil be.
Iilyblinks: [color=#550000][/color] yes i tink is possible to fall in lov wit sum1 dat u hav nt seen. Cus sum tyms God cn make u to find ur mr 2tru social networks. Dat if is destiny to be. Sum tyms God do tins in a mystrious ways in tink u cn lov sum1 u hav nt seen. I wil stop here 4 nw.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Lot Of Men Act Like They Are Doing A Woman A Favor / Help, My Girlfriend Wants To Kill Me With Sex / Nigerian Ladies. Una Still Dey Wear This "Underwear" Or Half Slip?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.