Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:02 AM

Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins (4516 Views)

144 Virgins To Organise Birthday Party For Olumba Olumba Obu In Calabar / “I Am Gay. And God Loves Me.” / Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by luvbooks(f): 7:41pm On Feb 03, 2010
Hey people ,

I want to ask about something that a preacher taught in my church last week. He said that that loss of virginity before marriage has negative consequences on the destiny of whoever does it.  I was also told that it is a spiritual transaction and that some good aspects may be taken out of your life and other evil things may be deposited in it.

Also, we were told that God favours the prayers of virgins more than that of those who have engaged in premarital intimacy. This sounds extremely strange, even to me, but either way, I would like to know the opinion of nairalanders on this.  Is this true or false ?  And could you please give reasons for whatever your opinions are? The topic just bothered me because it partly says that God's love is conditional and something about the things he said doesn't sound right.

Anyway, all views are appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 03, 2010
Whatever. I am sure that same pastor thinks God loves the rich more than the poor since the former bring in more money.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by eyzhvntsn: 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2010
Hey people ,

I want to ask about something that a preacher once preached in my church last week. He said that that loss of virginity before marriage has negative consequences on the destiny of whoever does it. I was also told that it is a spiritual transaction and that some good aspects may be taken out of your life and other evil things may be deposited in it.

Also, we were told that God favours the prayers of virgins more than that of those who have engaged in premarital intimacy. This sounds extremely strange, even to me, but either way, I would like to know the opinion of nairalanders on this. Is this true or false ? The topic just bothered me because it partly says that God's love is conditional and something about the things he said doesn't sound right.

WOW!!!!! So not true. So not true. Everything is not true.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by sulad82i(m): 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2010
Omo I can't stop laughing. I think that pastor is looking for a virgin to nack. All he need to say is that he needs a prayer that will be surely accepted so he'll call on virgins for individual praying sessions
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by InesQor(m): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2010

Also, we were told that God favours the prayers of virgins more than that of those who have engaged in premarital intimacy.

undecided undecided undecided

Nah. undecided The only thing that matters to God is your current state-of-heart. God will rather have a non-virgin whose heart is NOW sold out to Him than someone who is physically a virgin but does not live for God.

Wake up, people. Life is not all about sex. Virginity is not the end of all purity, although I have never advocated for pre-marital (or extra-marital for that matter) sex, and I'm not starting now.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by LagosShia: 10:08am On Nov 20, 2010
Numbers 31

17Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

35And thirty and two thousand persons in all, of women that had not known man by lying with him.

HOW DOES A SOLDIER IN THE BATTLE-FIELD IDENTIFY A VIRGIN?HOW DOES HE KNOW A FEMALE IS VIRGIN?!!!!
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by Joagbaje(m): 10:11am On Nov 20, 2010
Old things are passed away

2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore if any man[ be] in Christ,[ he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by InesQor(m): 11:03am On Nov 20, 2010
@LagosShia:
Why not think or try to research the matter? Knowing you and your penchant for taking things out of context, my reply may not help you. This post is for posterity's sake.

The Midianites were a people with strong se[i]x[/i]ual influences, deeply embedded in their culture and religion. Non-virgins were higher-caste citizens than virgins and for women their dressing showed evidence of their virginity status. Thus it was blatantly easy for a soldier to tell the virgins amongst them just by their dressing, outlook and conduct. God ordered that the non-virgins should be killed because they were active participants in the cause of the war.

So strong was the ero'tic influences, the said war was because God was angry because the Midianites sed'uced the Israelites and as they took their women on the condition of participating in sacrificies and org'ies and other festivities, thus they became subjected to the worship of Baal of Peor. Read Numbers 25 for more context.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by LagosShia: 11:08am On Nov 20, 2010
InesQor:

@LagosShia:
Why not think or try to research the matter? Knowing you and your penchant for taking things out of context, my reply may not help you. This post is for posterity's sake.

The Midianites were a people with strong se[i]x[/i]ual influences, deeply embedded in their culture and religion. Non-virgins were higher-caste citizens than virgins and for women their dressing showed evidence of their virginity status. Thus it was blatantly easy for a soldier to tell the virgins amongst them just by their dressing, outlook and conduct. God ordered that the non-virgins should be killed because they were active participants in the cause of the war.

So strong was the ero'tic influences, the said war was because God was angry because the Midianites sed'uced the Israelites and as they took their women on the condition of participating in sacrificies and org'ies and other festivities, thus they became subjected to the worship of Baal of Peor. Read Numbers 25 for more context.

Dey Nor Dey Write Virgin for face n Cloth ooooooooo!!!!

if not to plunder the lives of innocent girls by r.aping them,how else can a soldier know who is who?your method to identify who is a virgin is just another means to cause more suffering by killing innocent women thought to be "not-virgin".not being a virgin is a crime!!!
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by InesQor(m): 11:13am On Nov 20, 2010
As usual, LagosShia has not disappointed me.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by metro10: 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2010
Its true that if a man is in christ, he is a new creature. That is the righteousness of God in christ Jesus. Tix is a gift of new birth, not of works. Their is another dimension to righteousness, which God is demanding 4rm His people, work out ur salvation wit fear nd trembling-phil.2:12. Tix is a demand 4 maturity in ur walk wit God. Tix is what genuinely saved virgins has operated. Enoh walked wit God nd he was not; for GOD took him- Gen. 4:24. There r blessings 4 chastity - titus 2:5. When u gain mastery over ur emotions by stayin virtues, u gain. Mary was one nd she was single out 4 her chastity. Luke 1:26-28. Consider d reinteratn of d word- virgin in verse 27.
It takes a process of inner healing nd renewal 4 a prosmiscious-background xtian to b free from d pain nd memories of d past nd b ready to be used of God. D chaste has no needed struggle in dat area.
In conclusion, God has no special favor for any but He respects His covenant when obeyed. Are u a virgin, dont loose it, God honors ur obedience. Are u a non-virgin, get saved nd if u r saved, walk in righteouness nd b hungry 4 God. Peace!
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by UyiIredia(m): 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2010
@ topic >>> SMH head at the pastor and his bias
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by Rhino4dm: 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2010
^^^^^^^^^So God was angry with the mediniate women because they are seducing the isrealite army and order them to be killed?
*Ssmh*
Ok. What happens with remaing virgins he orders them to keep for themselves? ?
What kind of God is this.  e gba mi o. Just tell this is a joke.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by InesQor(m): 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2010
@Rhino.4dm:

^^^ It's too bad if you didn't understand the point I was making. Maybe you should read it up from the scriptures before making hebetudinous and purblind assertions. I usually reply people who query my beliefs, but your second-to-last-statement above was an unnecessary insult on my God's person, so I will leave you to your devices.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by UyiIredia(m): 2:05pm On Nov 20, 2010
InesQor:

@Rhino.4dm:

^^^ It's too bad if you didn't understand the point I was making. Maybe you should read it up from the scriptures before making [b]hebetudinous and purblind assertions. [/b]I usually reply people who query my beliefs, but your second-to-last-statement above was an unnecessary insult on my God's person, so I will leave you to your devices.

lol
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by Rhino4dm: 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2010
@InesQor
first time am editing my post just for the fact that i have sense sincerity in majority of your posts i have read on NL.
Okay. What you wrote up there dont add up because every nutjob can lay claim of receiving massage from his God and commit murder e.g islamic suicide nutjobs killing for 72 virgins and Rev. Fr. King. 

So what do gonna do now, i think you should  soft edge your post too abi? Fair exchange.

Apology for even posting in the first place.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by InesQor(m): 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2010
Here is my post from another thread where the same verse was quoted. Just this afternoon, maybe that post was even inspired by this thread. I think that's all I will have to say for now.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-552568.32.html#msg7181848

InesQor:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-392373.0.html#msg7181005

This was a war situation in which Midian used sexual prowess to infiltrate Israel so that they can get them to be subject to Baal of Peor. If they succeeded in doing that, Israel's spiritual line AND polity AND intellect would be corroded. The Midianites were not impure people (DNA wise) like the Canaanites (see [2] above), but they were threats on other levels. So it was a WAR position, and here Moses asks them to spare the young children (innocent ones) and the virgins (who obviously couldn't be elements of war used against Israel in the past).

So here, your point is that IN A WAR SITUATION, keeping the children and young women (thus necessarily virgins) as slaves is not better than killing them off or abandoning them without men to take care of them? How much sense does this make? Keep them as slaves OR destroy them in their innocence?
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by Image123(m): 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2010
My dictionary wan tear o. werin be dis?
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by InesQor(m): 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2010
@Rhino.4dm: It's okay. I just think if you have problems with someone's religious beliefs, attacking the person's personality is bad enough, I hardly do so. Making vacuous jokes about the person's God is an entire no-no for me.

As much as I do not respect Al-ilah who the Muslims worship as God, I won't be found making such a statement about him.

Thanks for redacting that part of your post.  smiley
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by InesQor(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2010
@Image123: In the past, someone once said I have a very bad mouth for yabbing people. Nowadays I try hard not to yab people anymore. So when I get angry big words start dropping out of nowhere. Something has to absorb the anger. LOL  grin
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by Rhino4dm: 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2010
@InesQor
i catch your drift even in the first place. my worries is how majority of christains act/say if this was quoted from other holy books. Simply because you are envolped in doctrine of christainity does not/cannot justify this act of terrorism.
E.g if a country like iran says they are stonning an adultrer because thier holy book and God instruct them what will be your reactions? think man think 'barbaric' 'savages' abi?

Hope you get where am coming from. Beside dont you guys have rules of engagement?
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by Rhino4dm: 4:23pm On Nov 20, 2010
And by your calculations all women that have slept with a man should be killed even if that man is not an isreali army? How many of the women do you think must have slept with the isreali army in the cause of the war? ?
Dude thats plain wrong. Rules of engagement man! "Those that are not in should be left out". Hope i was there to advice moses grin
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by InesQor(m): 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2010
Rhino.4dm:

@InesQor
i catch your drift even in the first place. my worries is how majority of christains act/say if this was quoted from other holy books. Simply because you are envolped in doctrine of christainity does not/cannot justify this act of terrorism.
E.g if a country like iran says they are stonning an adultrer because thier holy book and God instruct them what will be your reactions? think man think 'barbaric' 'savages' abi?

Hope you get where am coming from. Beside dont you guys have rules of engagement?

If it is after Christ has come (like it is now), then I believe it is wrong for Israel, Iraq, the US, Nigeria, anyone in fact to do any such regardless of whatever divine injunction they claim to have received. That is ONE reason Christ was called the prince of peace. He came for THIS very reason. To establish peace.

Once again let me paste a post from the other thread to explain my viewpoint on OT wars and murders by Israel.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-552568.32.html

InesQor:

I believe God had to take special care to ensure the Israelites kept a pure line:

1. Spiritually
2. Biologically (pure Human DNA)
3. In understanding and intellect
4. Politically (to remain a nation)

It was also important that they had a geographical location to call their own.

This was because Jesus was coming thru that line. Satan, like other angels, knew that, at the least (though the entire dynamics were unclear).

God's strategy was to preserve a people for himself while his plan unveiled in time. Satan's strategy was to sabotage the little he knew of the plan by directing other nations (non-chosen by God, but would soon be chosen when Christ came on earth. Like it is now), using them to try to snuff the life out of Israel in one of those 4 aspects so that God's plan wont work out.

In biology, medicine/pharmacy and computing, there is something called Quarantine. Here, a valuable element that is representative of the entire data set, corporeal entity or group is carefully kept away and guarded to the death from likewise valuable elements because the latter is corrupted. Even if the ones outside quarantine get destroyed in the process of safe-guarding the quarantine, the quarantine is adequate to re-develop the entire system when the equilibrium of well-being has been achieved.

After system health is restored and the antibodies, antivirus or otherwise health regulation feedback system is established, there is no more any need for a defensive quarantine that attacks any threat to it. Since Christ has come now, there is no need for any of these "murders" and "wars" anymore.

Preserving Israel by all means was all about Christ.

But if you disagree that it was not all about Christ, then all well and good. I can agree to disagree with you smiley since I dont have all the answers.

Rhino.4dm:

And by your calculations all women that have slept with a man should be killed even if that man is not an isreali army? How many of the women do you think must have slept with the isreali army in the cause of the war? ?
Dude thats plain wrong. Rules of engagement man! "Those that are not in should be left out". Hope i was there to advice moses grin

For the Midianites, those who have slept with a man will definitely have participated in the ritual and orgiastic festivals, which was an integral part of their culture. It was a matter of peddling influences, if they were spared they would corrupt the innocent ones and everything would start again WITHIN Israel even as slaves.

I don't think I want to expand further on this.

You can google on this but this is one link I found using Google's "Im feeling lazy lucky"
http://www.innerself.com/Sex_Talk/SEX_IN_ANCIENT_CULTURES.htm
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by aletheia(m): 8:20pm On Nov 20, 2010
Rhino.4dm:

How many of the women do you think must have slept with the isreali army in the cause of the war? ?

The statement above shows just exactly where the problem lies. You make the claim indirectly that the Israelite soldiers have sex during the course of a military campaign. Not so. I think it would pay you better if you actually went and studied the Bible before engaging in disputations about it. As for rules of engagement: they are all stated in the Bible. Now if only you would just read it!
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by seyibrown(f): 12:29am On Nov 22, 2010
I think it's either the Pastor did not deliver the message right or you did not hear him right.

The Bible condemns fornication but God tells us to come as we are and then sin no more! Heaven rejoices over one sinner that repents. We can therefore say the heaven rejoices over every 'non-virgin' that repents of fornication and stays pure (till marriage). Forgiveness is complete in Christ. There is no condemnation for them that are in Christ Jesus!

Ask God to forgive you of any sin that you think may stop your prayers from being heard. Read your Bible and Let the Holy Spirit guide you. CHECK THE BIBLE & ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT as regards anything that seems unclear to you!
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by Sweetnecta: 2:29am On Nov 22, 2010
@Seyibrown: If a none virgin straightened him/herself and gets married. Then for some reason, instead of killing his/her partner get divorced, after less than 2 years of marriage. The newly divorced and now single is just 25. Are you saying that there is no more marriage for this person, or only the man can marry and the woman is not sexual leper or untouchable? Please explain how it works. If the can marry, then the woman must be able to marry, unless there is inequality in christianity? if neither can marry it is a terrible law and it lacks mercy, and allowance for mistakes and forgiveness, forcing people to stay in a relationship that is intolerable. That is oppression of the soul.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by seyibrown(f): 3:04am On Nov 22, 2010
[b]Firstly, a child of God WILL NOT HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN KILLING THEIR PARTNER OR LEAVING THEM. Children of God are bound to love their partners no matter what. Even if there are serious problems, they may separate temporarily to work towards coming back together.

The scripture below applies to Christians:

1 Corinthians 7:10-16 (King James Version)

10And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

11But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

15But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

16For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

There is NO INEQUALITY in the scriptures as provided. Both partners, male and female, have same obligations to stay!
[/b]
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 22, 2010
God shows no partiality.If any man is in Christ,he is a new creature;old things has passed away and behold the new has come.What matters most is not what you have done in the past.Its what you are doing now.But dear sister,I disagree with some guys who claims that the man of God is a fake.The reason he said that was to put fear into the minds of those who are still virgins so that they won't be eager to defile themselves because as we all know,virginity is a pride.Moreover the posts above linking to Israelites,Virgins and Medianites are only diverting the theme of the forum.May the peace from Jehovah Shalom be with us.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by Sweetnecta: 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2010
@Seyibrown: « #27 on: Today at 03:04:59 AM »
[Quote]Firstly, a child of God WILL NOT HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN KILLING THEIR PARTNER OR LEAVING THEM. Children of God are bound to love their partners no matter what. Even if there are serious problems, they may separate temporarily to work towards coming back together.[/Quote]Then all the mega church pastors are children of the devil, males and females of them. Even the Catholic priests caught in bed on a video by the husband of the woman he was having sex with. This religion that places a hard to obey law about what is natural and lawful between man and woman, if they are married is lacking in mercy and natural inclination of man. And you found your way into marriage? May God make your marriage a trouble free affair (Amin). If the kitchen is on fire, it is natural that people step away from it to safety, because one may be consumed if it becomes a raging inferno. marriage, which is a contract, is like that; some irreconcilable difference do occur since we are humans. Should a woman hang around and become a punching bag or killed for sticking with it? Or should a man lay down fast asleep in the home where his wife is now his worst enemy, who can just end his life to easily just as he can ends hers?

[Quote]The scripture below applies to Christians:
1 Corinthians 7:10-16 (King James Version)
10And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
11But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
15But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
16For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?
There is NO INEQUALITY in the scriptures as provided. Both partners, male and female, have same obligations to stay![/QUote]And from the mouth of a one who cant get it on shall capable people learn about husband and wife affairs? This is similar to a little child any manners telling adults how to be an adult. Worse if you ask me. It is similar to a parrache/parrot (bird) tell humans how to be humans. A person who do not seek shelter from destructive elements that is heading towards him has himself to blame.
Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by Jenwitemi(m): 1:12am On Nov 23, 2010
No surprise there. Ancient pagan gods worshipers also love sacrificing virgins to their lords because, alas, them gods and the jewish god all have the same affinity. Are you all making the connection?
luvbooks:

Hey people ,

I want to ask about something that a preacher taught in my church last week. He said that that loss of virginity before marriage has negative consequences on the destiny of whoever does it.  I was also told that it is a spiritual transaction and that some good aspects may be taken out of your life and other evil things may be deposited in it.

Also, we were told that God favours the prayers of virgins more than that of those who have engaged in premarital intimacy. This sounds extremely strange, even to me, but either way, I would like to know the opinion of nairalanders on this.  Is this true or false ?  And could you please give reasons for whatever your opinions are?  The topic just bothered me because it partly says that God's love is conditional and something about the things he said doesn't sound right.

Re: Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins by seyibrown(f): 3:03am On Nov 23, 2010
And from the mouth of a one who cant get it on shall capable people learn about husband and wife affairs? This is similar to a little child any manners telling adults how to be an adult. Worse if you ask me. It is similar to a parrache/parrot (bird) tell humans how to be humans. A person who do not seek shelter from destructive elements that is heading towards him has himself to blame.

You raised a very important point, Sweetnecta (as bolded in your quote)! Why should you who is a Muslim tell Christians which 'Christian Laws' to obey?

Allow me to use your own very words (substituting a few) to make this clearer to you:

Sweetnecta:  It is similar to a parrache/parrot (bird) tell humans how to be humans
seyibrown:     It is similar to a MUSLIM tellING CHRISTIANS how to be CHRISTIANS

Which 'Christian Law' that you follow do you base your 'marriage and divorce' advice as you give in your post on?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Countries And Prophets. / Hamas Hangs Young Children On Fence To Use As Human Shields / Scientist Who Dug Into Hell In Siberia And Recorded The Cries Of The Damned Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.