Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:34 PM

5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People (46921 Views)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions / 5 Interesting Things About Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by MisterKings(m): 1:11pm On Jul 16, 2017
BabaIbo:

abum nwa a for o... correct Igbo guy but born n brought up in d west sha

Lol ooooohhhh nwanne. Hapu ofe mmanu ppl jare

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by BabaIbo: 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
MisterKings:

Lol ooooohhhh nwanne. Hapu ofe mmanu ppl jare
smiles... na so bro
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
Nikita1:
If you are not a Yoruba, you are wrong cheesy.
Omo kaaro ojiire, awa Omo oduduwa ti ko ni Fi owo osi describe ile babami cheesy.
Mo ki yin oo Omo iya mi kiss

As a an Omoluabi, we don't make others feel small in order to magnify ourselves. The bolded is wrong on all levels. The very essence of Omoluabi isn't to aleniate our compatriots from other parts of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
akaahs:
Yoruba people are the most ritualists in Africa. In case dis one escape ur memory.

rit·u·al
/riCH(o͞o)əl/
noun
a religious or solemn ceremony consisting of a series of actions performed according to a prescribed order.
"the ancient rituals of Christian worship"

Ritual doesn't always mean beheading a living subject for sacrifice. Rituals happen all the time in Churches and Mosques, and the most famous Nigerian ritualists are Kumuyi, Oyedepo, Adeboye, Adeyemi, Onaiyekan. Looks like you may have a point here.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2017
ayenitre:

As a an Omoluabi, we don't make others feel small in order to magnify ourselves. The bolded is wrong on all levels. The very essence of Omoluabi isn't to aleniate our compatriots from other parts of Nigeria.
J.O.k.E bro
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by SuperSuave(m): 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
success1smyn:
u just place a curse on someone (ojiire)
isn't it "hope you slept/wake well" again? angry
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by herich(m): 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
MisterKings:

You are wise...

In as much as i am shading yorubas. I dislike ibos girls (my own ppl). And have sworn never to marry anyone of them. Cos when they are uneducated jeez you will hate their money monging nagging personality with passion.

Lol.
Haven't really enjoyed a smooth and nice friendship with any Igbo girl.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by AbidjanOjukwu: 6:38am On Jul 17, 2017
essence1:
Oh and I forgot to add, they are tribalistic and a lot of their women are victims of domestic violence. What's that you peoples social media title again... Yourba demons right! Lazy people

So you cannibals that eat human flesh aint tribalistic? You are all worst including your parents, they feed you animals with hate and reason most of you wake them up with sliding tackle every morning. You better go eat your human meat and stop disgracing your mother online.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by goldenarrow: 10:34am On Jul 17, 2017
osahon360:
yorubas can conspire among dem selves against non yoruba
especially if u dont understand the.language
they are born traitors even in the nigerian political scene

Osahon, pls mention one instance.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
Emmaxx:
With all those Bible quotes? shocked Hypocrite!
grin
But I wasn't lieing Na, so how am I a hypocrite?
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by success1smyn(m): 12:41am On Jul 18, 2017
SuperSuave:
isn't it "hope you slept/wake well" again? angry
it should be oojiire bi?
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by SleekyPosh(m): 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yorubas are known for great investments and Men of honour and Billionaires

Notherners are known for Alms Begging and Cow herding

Ibos are known for Kidnapping.and Prostitution.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Ennyforeal(f): 12:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
SleekyPosh:
Yorubas are known for great investments and Men of honour and Billionaires

Notherners are known for Alms Begging and Cow herding

Ibos are known for Kidnapping.and Prostitution.
my dear no tribe is perfect, every tribe have its prons and cons and this is to show us that its only the most high God is perfect

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by riczy(m): 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
celestialAgent:
Yorubas are accommodators grin

Eyintemi, bawo ni
Dts nt true
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by celestialAgent(m): 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
riczy:
Dts nt true
with about 200likes and 10shares, I refuse to take you serious.

grin tongue

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by tarano: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEVZZTwJ24

Culture is the way of life of people. Fulani take over Ilorin
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Elitestar(m): 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2018
Yoruba are wicked people they are wolves in sheep clothing they know how to pretend a lot and they are very dirty people and back stabbers they practice ritual killing but yet if you ask them they will say that
they do not
Re: 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People by Elitestar(m): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
dulux07:
Yorubas are highly educated
Yorubas are smart. grin

see let me tell you Yoruba are not smatter than igbos Igbo are very smart if you don't know the first Nigerian to be a vice Chancellor was an Igbo man the first female pilot was an Igbo woman this facts has shown you the prestige of Igbos

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

East African Coast | Culture And People / Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi And Her Beautiful Friends / Indigenous Hausa Tubali Architecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.