Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging (10507 Views)

I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz / Get Adsence Approval Within One Month Of blogging. / 8 Things I Have Learnt From 3 Months Of Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by DPlanter: 11:36am On Jul 16, 2017
between blogger and WordPress which one is better please
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 11:46am On Jul 16, 2017
Icedprince1d:

Go to sora templates and download any template of ya choice
dd u re-edit ur template?
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 11:47am On Jul 16, 2017
DPlanter:
though i am usin blogger coz it is free.. Buh pple say wordpress is d best

1 Like

Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 16, 2017
I
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 11:54am On Jul 16, 2017
Akachy:
If you like this my template http://www.gistkick.com call 08164097797 to get it.
free?
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Aragon: 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2017
oriflamebaby1:
Make Money, look good and have fun! Ask me how?

You look good! Wishing you lots of success in your business. Have a Blessed Sunday
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Aragon: 12:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
holuwajobar:
Truth be told, it isnt easy but blogging about your passion is really fun. I started blogging on the 5th Of this month.

Though i am using free blogger platform which has .com, but the blog has really progress alot. Within one week and three days of blogging, i have 3.1k users and 6.8k pageviews, up to 15 comments.

I have also recieve alot of mail by students requestin for advice. I am really happy i have making impact to nigerian students. I do get my traffic from facebook groups. I am only lacking one thing which is the template.

Though the template of my blog is a neat one but i need someone to help me wit a professional template. As for the sub domain, i am planning to buy a custom domain when i have some cash.

My blog

www.admissiontipz..com

I have gone to your blog and it is good and professional enough. Don't change anything for now even if you have the means. Rather concentrate your time and energy on putting out good articles and Driving Traffic. When you are established and know, then you can change. That is what Linda Ikeji and Stella Dimoko did. Even when Linda is very popular she still hosted with Blogger so leave your blog as it is and continue working on your articles
Dont spend a dime on anything tou can get for Free that is how it should be for now. Keep me updated on your progress. Wishing you lots of success
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
I said they barely do that

OK boss
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 16, 2017
This advice is so dangerous. Dude.. This is not years ago when no one barely know what's blogging. From my tab here.. His blog needs lots and lots of work. Content is king, but make your readers feel at home when they ststumblon your blog. He should work on the design. His homepage is cluttered too..

Aragon:

I have gone to your blog and it is good and professional enough. Don't change anything for now even if you have the means. Rather concentrate your time and energy on putting out good articles and Driving Traffic. When you are established and know, then you can change. That is what Linda Ikeji and Stella Dimoko did. Even when Linda is very popular she still hosted with Blogger so leave your blog as it is and continue working on your articles
Dont spend a dime on anything tou can get for Free that is how it should be for now. Keep me updated on your progress. Wishing you lots of success
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by cotzywitzy(m): 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
Check this out twinsblog77..com
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by donblade85555(m): 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
Rick9:
I will soon start blogging,
Entertainment Niche Most especially music
u better work hard because that niche is saturated
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Julius2214(m): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
EntMirror:
This advice is so dangerous. Dude.. This is not years ago when no one barely know what's blogging. From my tab here.. His blog needs lots and lots of work. Content is king, but make your readers feel at home when they ststumblon your blog. He should work on the design. His homepage is cluttered too..

Too much sense you made there bro...
Tiri bottles of orijin for u �
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Rickymaino(m): 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
Please how can I monetize my blog. I want to make money with my blog
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
EntMirror:

ok... I think my content are good and also they are all unique.....
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
holuwajobar:
ok... I think my content are good and also they are all unique.....

Yes they are.. But don't leave your homepage like that. Use that (read more) feature to cut your post..

The image sizes is not cool too.. Work on that.

Try and implement a sidebar.. Will make the blog look more cool..
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2017
EntMirror:

Yes they are.. But don't leave your homepage like that. Use that (read more) feature to cut your post..

The image sizes is not cool too.. Work on that.

Try and implement a sidebar.. Will make the blog look more cool..
yeah i am planing on changing the template n d domain to a .com dz week by God grace....

As for pple who keep saying my traffic are jez bot.... I cnt convince u as i av done...
Let the hustle continue
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2017
DPlanter:
Wordpress bro. google crawls a wordpress blog faster and quicker than a site. you can try it, post the same content on a blog and on a blog and see the one that pops up first in google.

1 Like

Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
The sky is you're starting point. If you need any help, pm me.

holuwajobar:
yeah i am planing on changing the template n d domain to a .com dz week by God grace....

As for pple who keep saying my traffic are jez bot.... I cnt convince u as i av done...
Let the hustle continue
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Emmysky(m): 2:47pm On Jul 16, 2017
prettyboi1989:

Wordpress bro. google crawls a wordpress blog faster and quicker than a site. you can try it, post the same content on a blog and on a blog and see the one that pops up first in google.
What are you even saying? There are two different variants of WordPress CMS. There is and Self-hosted wordpress blogs. The idea of quicker crawling varies on different factors like how many links and images are in that post, The amount of no_follow tags on your blog and Domain authority e.t.c. All this and more contribute to the speed of indexing on your blog and not the platform.
Have you ever wondered why Nairaland's post/topics gets indexed fast? That's because it is a forum with more than 3.6Million topics and every 5 minutes, at least 6 new topics are created and Google bot considers this when it comes to indexing. If you wanna try, Create a thread and wait for 1 hour(Sometimes 30minutes), Then go to google and search for that topic and you'll see it on google. Now do same on your blog and see if it won't take more than a day.
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by bedfordng(m): 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2017
hmmm
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
Emmysky:
What are you even saying? There are two different variants of WordPress CMS. There is and Self-hosted wordpress blogs. The idea of quicker crawling varies on different factors like how many links and images are in that post, The amount of no_follow tags on your blog and Domain authority e.t.c. All this and more contribute to the speed of indexing on your blog and not the platform.
Have you ever wondered why Nairaland's post/topics gets indexed fast? That's because it is a forum with more than 3.6Million topics and every 5 minutes, at least 6 new topics are created and Google bot considers this when it comes to indexing. If you wanna try, Create a thread and wait for 1 hour(Sometimes 30minutes), Then go to google and search for that topic and you'll see it on google. Now do same on your blog and see if it won't take more than a day.

You nailed it.. Wanted to enlighten the dude but the strength to start typing an epistle was lacking. grin
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by chizyann15(f): 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
I can to go into blogging,just lost my job,but I know nothing about blogging,who can put me tru,chat me up on Facebook,chizy ann
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Cutezt(m): 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
holuwajobar:
simple

Bro, if you are serious about blogging, there are many websites where you can find free professional blogger templates to use, the only thing is that you have to leave an attribution link to the template source at the end of your site, check out https://gooyaabitemplates.com/ www​.soratemplates.com etc for free professional templates, just download and upload in your site, and edit as you want, don't let anyone discourage you.

1 Like

Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by JKisOK(m): 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
oriflamebaby1:

How?
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by seuncyrus(m): 4:05pm On Jul 16, 2017
Nawa for nairalanders oh....6k pageviews is not a big deal for a Niche blog. The guy writes about admission and by promoting in fb groups he gets targeted traffic.
If he joined at least 5-8 groups about admission and he sells himself well (or just posting daily sef ) u'll understand that 6k pageviews is no big deal in a week because jambites are looking for every little info they can get ...

you can try to join at least 2 (Open Facebook groups ) , provide answers to 2-3 questions and you'll see how many messages will flood your inbox the next day.

Its like most nairalanders don't even know a thing about promoting your blog
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 4:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
seuncyrus:
Nawa for nairalanders oh....6k pageviews is not a big deal for a Niche blog. The guy writes about admission and by promoting in fb groups he gets targeted traffic.
If he joined at least 5-8 groups about admission and he sells himself well (or just posting daily sef ) u'll understand that 6k pageviews is no big deal in a week because jambites are looking for every little info they can get ...

you can try to join at least 2 (Open Facebook groups ) , provide answers to 2-3 questions and you'll see how many messages will flood your inbox the next day.

Thank you fr understanding
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
holuwajobar:
free?

cheesy Maybe
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by seuncyrus(m): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2017
holuwajobar:
Thank you fr understanding

you're welcome , just one question tho...did you ping your blog or submit to any directories ?
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by elmas(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
oriflamebaby1:

How?
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by damaestro: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2017
Please check my www.lovegodblog..com
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2017
holuwajobar:
Truth be told, it isnt easy but blogging about your passion is really fun. I started blogging on the 5th Of this month.

Though i am using free blogger platform which has .com, but the blog has really progress alot. Within one week and three days of blogging, i have 3.1k users and 6.8k pageviews, up to 15 comments.

I have also recieve alot of mail by students requestin for advice. I am really happy i have making impact to nigerian students. I do get my traffic from facebook groups. I am only lacking one thing which is the template.

Though the template of my blog is a neat one but i need someone to help me wit a professional template. As for the sub domain, i am planning to buy a custom domain when i have some cash.

My blog

www.admissiontipz..com

I would have loved to send you some CSS codes but I am a bit busy.

Blogger has some very new neat templates which you can use with little to no customizations. Search for the under themes.

That's a great decision, don't let anyone discourage you.
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
seuncyrus:

I was stunned when reading some of those guys' comment. lol

That kind of monthly traffic from Facebook groups is not out of place in the least bit.

I know someone that doesn't get search traffic at all. She's either too busy or too naive to implement SEO.

Yes... all her traffic come from social. Yet she pulls nothing less than 150k monthly page views.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get Facebook Page And Twitter Verification For Nigerian Businesses. / 25 Quotes From Blogging Experts At West Africa Bloggers Conference / Top 10 Nigerian Education Resource Websites [@2015]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.