Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,433 members, 7,781,267 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:30 AM

22 Bible Verses About Love Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God (14559 Views)

28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another / 14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by olamkas: 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
I need a sound bible scholar to reconcile these two bible verses please;

Numbers 23:19 New King James Version (NKJV)

“God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

second verse:
Genesis 6:6 King James Version (KJV)

And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

please pay attention to the words in green

1 Like

Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by dinomcjohn: 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2017
Nice one Op, my memory verse for today is Mark 12:30
And Jesus said., thou shall live the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and all thy soul, and all thy mind, and all thy strength: this is the first commandment

1 Like

Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by dinomcjohn: 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2017
Nice one Op, my memory verse for today is Mark 12:30
And Jesus said., thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and all thy soul, and all thy mind, and all thy strength: this is the first commandment
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by okomile(f): 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2017
Scammer. Return all the money you collected and gave
Incorrect games. U r a scammer from ikorodu. Don't make me mention your name. 419

[aquote author=surefixed54 post=58516159]This afternoon winning was good thank God we made it for more information call or Whatsapp on the number showing below[/quote]
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by moses93(m): 4:05pm On Jul 16, 2017
I don't see any reason to go to church talk more of to read and understand Bible. if na for ma life, is even better God take it than this hell of a live that am living.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by KinzyeWriter(m): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2017
olamkas:

Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

second verse:

And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Anybody Bold Enough To Take Up This Challenge? Ayam Waiting shocked
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by D1official: 4:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
hahn:
Op, is that not the old testament I see?

I thought Christians do not quote from the old testament undecided

Well, in the spirit of truth and fact here are some other verses in the bible that might interest you

ND if dis d kind of commandment we believe, why are ur likes still alive.
It would hv bn my delight to take off ur head myself!!!.
Bt thank God Dat he is love, ND in him there is no darkness at all!!!.
So therefore kwontinu!!!!!!!!!.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by D1official: 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:
WOW, NICE.
VERY INTELLIGENT AND THOUGHTFUL OF YOU TO LEAVE OUT THESE PARTS, ESPECIALLY FROM YOUR EVERYDAY SERMONS!

Deuteronomy 17:2-7
Kill everyone who has religious beliefs that are different from your own.

Numbers 31:17-18
Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves.

Exodus 23:19
Thou shalt not boil a kid in its mother’s milk.
(Lol, who the fucck ever did this.. Jesus and his entire crew of bald carpenters must be insane! grin)

Deuteronomy 22: 28-29
If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver.
(Then you proceed to rape every single virgin in the hood, as long as you're loaded with enough shekels of silver to dish out if you're caught or reported grin)

Deuteronomy 22:21
Ok guys tell me how you'll like this on your wedding day to your beloved girlfriend, the most beautiful woman in the world.. A group of elders comes to halt the wedding in order to check her virginity status, and discovers that she's not a virgin.. well here's what the Lord you serve commands;

The woman must be taken to the door of her father's home, and there the men of the town must stone her to death, for she has committed a disgraceful crime.

Deuteronomy 22:13-22
If your husband decides he doesn’t like you, all he has to do is claim you weren’t a virgin on your wedding night. Then you’re dead and he’s free to pick somebody new to darn his Bronze Age socks. cheesy

THE LIST IS ENDLESS PEOPLE..... LET ME WAIT FOR THE ATTACKERS AND PROTECTORS OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH TO COME CHOP OFF MY HEAD AND GRIND MY SKULL TO BITS, BECAUSE THE ALMIGHTY CAN'T DO SHIT, HE'S HATE IS TO WOMEN ONLY SO.. tongue
D question is, Y will Jesus waste his time bashing you, when you hv already bn finished by d devil.
Deir ain't any beta punishment for ur likes, worse Dan the one u already in to (Blindness).
So therefore kwontinu!!!!.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by wilyparker(m): 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

Lalasticlala
must you quote the entire post to make your point
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by 0b100100111: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2017
avaa:
These darn heathens have invaded this thread, you are all gonna be[i] roasted in Yahweh's celestial oven for making him look bad.[/i] All of you, Hah.n, CAPS.LOCKED e.t.c.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but yourself can free your mind.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by CAPSLOCKED: 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2017
D1official:

D question is, Y will Jesus waste his time bashing you, when you hv already bn finished by d devil.
Deir ain't any beta punishment for ur likes, worse Dan the one u already in to (Blindness).
So therefore kwontinu!!!!.

undecided
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by avaa(m): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2017
0b100100111:

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but yourself can free your mind.

Marcus Garvey (1887-1940).
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by avaa(m): 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
D1official:

It is called empathy, and the fear of the law. It beats me how most of y'all Bible wielders manage to overlook the evolution of character that took place in Yahweh in the space of the new and old testament. From a murderous, misogynistic, simple minded, hateful and dictatorial dick of the old testament to a loving, persevering and civilized deity in the new testament.

As in, this nigga supposedly drowned the whole world, murdered thousands of old people and kids, and then you call him a loving god? No, he is a recovering psychopath who is adjusting his ways in the light of civilization and modernization.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by chuksjuve(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
When looking at Bible verses about love, there are many different types of love to consider.

Here are some verses to describe our love of God:

Deuteronomy 6:5
A And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. (NLT)

Matthew 22:37-39
Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.
A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ (NLT)

1 John 2:15
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. (NIV)

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (NIV)

1 John 4:16-21
God stays one with everyone who openly says that Jesus is the Son of God. That’s how we stay one with God and are sure that God loves us. God is love. If we keep on loving others, we will stay one in our hearts with God, and he will stay one with us. If we truly love others and live as Christ did in this world, we won’t be worried about the day of judgment. A real love for others will chase those worries away. The thought of being punished is what makes us afraid. It shows that we have not really learned to love. We love because God loved us first. But if we say we love God and don’t love each other, we are liars.
We cannot see God. So how can we love God, if we don’t love the people we can see? The commandment that God has given us is: “Love God and love each other!” (CEV)

1 John 5:1-3
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has become a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too.
We know we love God’s children if we love God and obey his commandments. Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome.
(NLT)

Mark 12:30
And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. (NLT)

John 14:15
If you love me, obey my commandments. (NLT)

John 14:23
Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. (NIV)

Ephesians 5:1
Do as God does. After all, you are his dear children. (CEV)

Ephesians 6:24
May God’s grace be eternally upon all who love our Lord Jesus Christ. (NLT)

Mark 12:29-31
Jesus answered, “The most important one says: ‘People of Israel, you have only one Lord and God. You must love him with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.’ The second most important commandment says: ‘Love others as much as you love yourself.’ No other commandment is more important than these.” (CEV)

1 Peter 1:8
Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory (ESV)

Hebrews 6:10
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
(NIV)

Jude 1:21
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. (NKJV)

Luke 10:27-30
So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’” And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.” But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” Then Jesus answered and said: “A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him,and departed, leaving him half dead. (NKJV)

Psalm 1:1-6
Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers.
Thoughtful Faith for Your Life
Sign up to receive study aids and practical answers to help you grow spiritually and pursue an authentic, purposeful Christian life.
But they delight in the law of theLord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do. But not the wicked! They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind. They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly. For the Lord watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction. (NLT)

Psalm 91:1-16
Live under the protection of God Most High and stay in the shadow of God All-Powerful. Then you will say to the Lord, “You are my fortress, my place of safety; you are my God, and I trust you.” The Lord will keep you safe from secret traps and deadly diseases. He will spread his wings over you and keep you secure. His faithfulness is like a shield or a city wall. You won’t need to worry about dangers at night or arrows during the day. And you won’t fear diseases that strike in the dark or sudden disaster at noon. You will not be harmed, though thousands fall all around you. And with your own eyes you will see the punishment of the wicked. The Lord Most High is your fortress. Run to him for safety, and no terrible disasters will strike you or your home. God will command his angels to protect you wherever you go. They will carry you in their arms, and you won’t hurt your feet on the stones. You will overpower the strongest lions and the most deadly snakes. The Lord says, “If you love me and truly know who I am, I will rescue you and keep you safe. When you are in trouble, call out to me. I will answer and be there to protect and honor you. You will live a long life and see my saving power.” (CEV)

2 John 1:6
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
(NIV)

2 Thessalonians 3:5
May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ.
(NLT)

Philippians 1:21
For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. (NKJV)

Philippians 3:8
Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ (CEV)

https://www.thoughtco.com/bible-verses-about-love-of-god-712094

Nice biblical research, but don't forget He's also a consuming fire..
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by jamace(m): 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
Love, the missing aspect of today's christianity.

LOVE has been replaced with looting, godfatherism, nepotism, bribery, favouritism, mammonism, deceit, selfishness, greed, stealing, cheating, covetousness and many other vices.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by D1official: 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2017
avaa:

It is called empathy, and the fear of the law. It beats me how most of y'all Bible wielders manage to overlook the evolution of character that took place in Yahweh in the space of the new and old testament. From a murderous, misogynistic, simple minded, hateful and dictatorial dick of the old testament to a loving, persevering and civilized deity in the new testament.

As in, this nigga supposedly drowned the whole world, murdered thousands of old people and kids, and then you call him a loving god? No, he is a recovering psychopath who is adjusting his ways in the light of civilization and modernization.
He is nt a loving God, he is love!!! he is d perfect description of Love!! LOLZ.
Save d explanations to urself ND at most ur family.
D kingdom of God hv no time for debates, we re right on d streets doing what we do best (Changing lives).
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by patrickkkk: 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2017
olamkas:

second verse:

please pay attention to the words in green by

If God said d sky was blue and u looked up into d sky to c it red. What does that mean? Does it mean he lied? The question u should ask yourself is what makes d sky red that u don't know of? God sets the standard for us to follow, he sees what we can't see when he expresses itself. GOD CAN NOT LIE!!!! wink
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by Michaelpresh(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
Michaelpresh:
He took my pains, paid for my sins, was crown with thorns, bled for my sake, cried for my happiness, died for me to live, The greatest love is the love shown on the cross...

quote of the day!
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by avaa(m): 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2017
D1official:

He is nt a loving God, he is love!!! he is d perfect description of Love!! LOLZ.
D kingdom of God hv no time for debates, we re right on d streets doing what we do best (Changing lives).

Kingdom of god kwa. Perfect description of love? naso. Honestly, debating abstract ideas such as the monster called Yahweh is a waste of my time, but then again, I can't help the amusement that comes with watching you folks wallow in your delusions and engage in frantic mental gymnastics when the true picture of your deity is laid bare before you. Enjoy my friend, and do say hello to Yahweh when you do get to your Disneyland, sorry, kingdom.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by avaa(m): 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
patrickkkk:

If God said d sky was blue and u looked up into d sky to c it red. What does that mean? Does it mean he lied? The question u should ask yourself is what makes d sky red that u don't know of? God sets the standard for us to follow, he sees what we can't see when he expresses itself. GOD CAN NOT LIE!!!! wink

Abeg, wetin you dey yarn like dis?
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by olamkas: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
Is that all you can say?
I'm sorry to say, you do not sound scholarly. If you believe that God cannot lie, then you should not believe those were the words of God.
patrickkkk:

Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by hopefulLandlord: 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2017
D1official:

he loved the Canaanite infants and loved the Midianite male infants and non virgin girls, ordering their killing was a loving action

1 Like

Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by hahn(m): 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
D1official:

Who knows? I probably would have become a Christian again and chopped your head off first grin

Too bad you are too blind to see the irony

1 Like

Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by keenness: 12:10am On Jul 17, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Anybody Bold Enough To Take Up This Challenge? Ayam Waiting shocked
Its well bro. The bible is not a logical book, it is completely spiritual. Your brain could only comprehend the literal meaning of the bible verses, the interpretation of the above bible passages is beyond the comprehention of your brain. It takes the Spirit of God to understand the word of God just as you can not understand and see Him through your natural senses ( Now u see the problem). Give your life to Jesus and the mystry would be revealed to you. I would have love to explained it to u but i doubt if u've got the Spiritual capacity to understand it, God can not lie.
God bless you.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by keenness: 12:15am On Jul 17, 2017
olamkas:

second verse:

Its well bro. The bible is not a logical book, it is completely spiritual. Your brain could only comprehend the literal meaning of the bible verses, the interpretation of the above bible passages is beyond the comprehention of your brain. It takes the Spirit of God to understand the word of God just as you can not understand and see God through your natural senses ( Now u see the problem). Give your life to Jesus and the mystry would be revealed to you. I would have love to explained it to u but i doubt if u've got the Spiritual capacity to understand it, God can not lie.
God bless you.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:47am On Jul 17, 2017
keenness:

Its well bro. The bible is not a logical book, it is completely spiritual. Your brain could only comprehend the literal meaning of the bible verses, the interpretation of the above bible passages is beyond the comprehention of your brain. It takes the Spirit of God to understand the word of God just as you can not understand and see Him through your natural senses ( Now u see the problem). Give your life to Jesus and the mystry would be revealed to you. I would have love to explained it to u but i doubt if u've got the Spiritual capacity to understand it, God can not lie.
God bless you.
cheesy , This is what we call formatting, you're made to believe in trash by telling you it is above the power of the brain - WTF... Meanwhile you are against if someone do wrong and said it is the work of the devil --- Kwantinue ooo, oshi. wink
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:51am On Jul 17, 2017
patrickkkk:

But He wants us to understand what he is telling us, so why telling us the sky is blue when we see red, abi what are people saying now, Ayam not getting it. grin
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by keenness: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
cheesy , This is what we call formatting, you're made to believe in trash by telling you it is above the power of the brain - WTF... Meanwhile you are against if someone do wrong and said it is the work of the devil --- Kwantinue ooo, oshi. wink
You call it formatting ? You are right! But am happy about it, cus it make me know my true identity. What you call brain formatting makes me know that i am not like an ordinary animal lik goats, sheep that dies away without hope of what happens after death, the brain formating gives me access to the reality of who my maker is instead of the lies science told me about evolution, it gives me inner joy that i now know who i am, where i am coming from and where i am going. Truely, i deactivated my brain and humble myself before Jesus Christ so as to know my God. My friend, i understand your plight, how that your understanding does not agree with what people say about Jesus or who God is but if only u can take a step outside of your reasoning and just Believe in Jesus like i did if only u could believe, i bet you, the truth of about your personality will dawn on you. Its well with you and take care bro...

1 Like

Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by KinzyeWriter(m): 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
keenness:

You call it formatting ? You are right! But am happy about it, cus it make me know my true identity. What you call brain formatting makes me know that i am not like an ordinary animal lik goats, sheep that dies away without hope of what happens after death, the brain formating gives me access to the reality of who my maker is instead of the lies science told me about evolution, it gives me inner joy that i now know who i am, where i am coming from and where i am going. Truely, i deactivated my brain and humble myself before Jesus Christ so as to know my God. My friend, i understand your plight, how that your understand does not agree with what people say about Jesus or who God is but if only u can take a step outside of your reasoning and just Believe in Jesus like i did if only u could believe, i bet you, the truth of about your personality will dawn on you. Its well with you and take care bro...
You're Your Best Friend --- For instance, you're asked 2x2 and you answered correctly 4, now you're asked to explain how you arrive at the answer but you can't that means you've failed.

Jesus Said Don't Call Your Fellow Humans Fool, And yet he did call the Pharisees Fool, --- Can you spiritually explain undecided ?

Jesus 3rd hour he died, at the sixth hour he died - I need you to answer spiritually please

Eloi eloi lama sabacthani exclaimed by Jesus which is interpreted to My lord My lord why have you forsaken me, please clarify why he made the statement as a son of God who knows how close God is with him, who believed the prayer he made before he was caught was answered. Please tell me why yelled in that anger to God.

He said no one has never heard the voice of God, and yet John said a voice was heard after Jesus was baptised that he is His beloving son.

And Lot of lots more just too numerous to mention

EXPLAIN, I'M WITH YOU.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by keenness: 11:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
You're Your Best Friend --- For instance, you're asked 2x2 and you answered correctly 4, now you're asked to explain how you arrive at the answer but you can't that means you've failed.

Jesus Said Don't Call Your Fellow Humans Fool, And yet he did call the Pharisees Fool, --- Can you spiritually explain undecided ?

Jesus 3rd hour he died, at the sixth hour he died - I need you to answer spiritually please

Eloi eloi lama sabacthani exclaimed by Jesus which is interpreted to My lord My lord why have you forsaken me, please clarify why he made the statement as a son of God who knows how close God is with him, who believed the prayer he made before he was caught was answered. Please tell me why yelled in that anger to God.

He said no one has never heard the voice of God, and yet John said a voice was heard after Jesus was baptised that he is His beloving son.

And Lot of lots more just too numerous to mention

EXPLAIN, I'M WITH YOU.
Very funny you, you talk as one who is fraustrated and that whats happens wen u try to reason out what is beyond your understanding. Here is my whatsapp number 08160009368 u could hit me up so we can talk. God bless you sir.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:16am On Jul 18, 2017
keenness:

Very funny you, you talk as one who is fraustrated and that whats happens wen u try to reason out what is beyond your understanding. Here is my whatsapp number 08160009368 u could hit me up so we can talk. God bless you sir.
Lolz, The book is meant for people to read and understand, what you read and dont understand is not making sense
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by olamkas: 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
keenness:

Its well bro. The bible is not a logical book, it is completely spiritual. Your brain could only comprehend the literal meaning of the bible verses, the interpretation of the above bible passages is beyond the comprehension of your brain. It takes the Spirit of God to understand the word of God just as you can not understand and see God through your natural senses ( Now u see the problem). Give your life to Jesus and the mystry would be revealed to you. I would have love to explained it to u but i doubt if you've got the Spiritual capacity to understand it, God can not lie.
God bless you.

If you say the bible is a spiritual book when we are not spirits, then it might not be for us here, but bro, are the writers of bible spirits? Of course NO. If I will not understand God's message literally, how then can I come near?
The earlier you stop using this as excuses the better. Tell me how God will even regret or repent in the first place if you believe He knows the beginning and the end of everything.
Now that you are in spirit, explain it to me. Then explain these other verses

proverb 31 verse 6-7

Give strong drink to the one who is perishing, and wine to those in bitter distress;7.let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more.

Psalm 137 verse 9

Blessed is the one who grabs your little children and smashes them against a rock.

Let me stop here first because I don't want to choke you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders / We Are All Aborisha / We Won't Resign, Pastor Iluyomade, Wife Tell Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.