Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

22 Bible Verses About Love Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God (14577 Views)

28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another / 14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by keenness: 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Lolz, The book is meant for people to read and understand, what you read and dont understand is not making sense
Not wen u dont have the capacity to understand the book: you dont give the thesis of a professor to primary school student to read he will never get anything out of it. Friend, i know what am talking about, u need to know Jesus, u need to have the Spirit of God before u can fully understand the bible, thats the criterion else u read it lik a literature book and your main goal will be logical consistency. Christian read the bible by faith in God while others read it for criticism. Christians continue to read the bible becrause they are getting results from it while the critics give up because they are not seeing what they wanted. Thats the difference.Brother if only you can humble yourself and accept Jesus, the power that is above all power then you will have what u truely needed which is the truth about the whole univers. This is a personal decision and not what people say. God bless you sir.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by KinzyeWriter(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
keenness:

Not wen u dont have the capacity to understand the book: you dont give the thesis of a professor to primary school student to read he will never get anything out of it. Friend, i know what am talking about, u need to know Jesus, u need to have the Spirit of God before u can fully understand the bible, thats the criterion else u read it lik a literature book and your main goal will be logical consistency. Christian read the bible by faith in God while others read it for criticism. Christians continue to read the bible becrause they are getting results from it while the critics give up because they are not seeing what they wanted. Thats the difference.Brother if only you can humble yourself and accept Jesus, the power that is above all power then you will have what u truely needed which is the truth about the whole univers. This is a personal decision and not what people say. God bless you sir.
I will like to talk this out with you. Misterkinzy@gmail.com
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by keenness: 11:41am On Jul 21, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
I will like to talk this out with you. Misterkinzy@gmail.com
Praise God! By the Grace of God, i will send you a message. And to all reader of this post, i must tell you with all conviction that the only way to truely know God is by accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and saviour and never by reasoning, reasoning will only get you in a void where you are in total darkness and confused. But if you accept Jesus, u will receive the power and divine wisdom needed to know God and believe Him without wavering. Jesus make God clear to your heart. God bless our generation.

1 Like

Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by olamkas: 10:32am On Jul 22, 2017
keenness:

Praise God! By the Grace of God, i will send you a message. And to all reader of this post, i must tell you with all conviction that the only way to truely know God is by accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and saviour and never by reasoning, reasoning will only get you in a void where you are in total darkness and confused. But if you accept Jesus, u will receive the power and divine wisdom needed to know God and believe Him without wavering. Jesus make God clear to your heart. God bless our generation.
In your post above, I could read the phrase " accept Jesus as your personal Lord and saviour".
Where did Jesus say this? If you fail to bring the proof, then throw it out and never say it again.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by olamkas: 10:43am On Jul 22, 2017
keenness:

If you say accepting Jesus is all we need, was that his mission on earth? Was he sent to the whole world or ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel. Please note the word ONLY
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by D1official: 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
olamkas:

If you say accepting Jesus is all we need, was that his mission on earth? Was he sent to the whole world or ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel. Please note the word ONLY
Broda d spiritual realm is higher Dan it's physical counterpart, u can never use the physical realm to understand D spiritual bt rather d spiritual to understand D physical.
ND for dat to happen u must accept Christ Jesus wholeheartedly for his spirit which is d revelation of d word(Rhema)to Kom into u for proper revelation.
Dat is y God is d ultimate, he can't b scammed, if u aren't sincere in accepting Christ forgt it.
No matter what we explain to u as an unbeliever u can never have a revelation, cos d spirit aren't in you, so d first step is accepting Christ or keep on bn carnally logical.
1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
I pray these helps, God bless u sir.

1 Like

Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by oaroloye(m): 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
SHALOM!

All talk of "LOVE" is a JOKE, and a DECEPTION, when it is not HONESTLY DEFINED.

I have so properly defined it.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by olamkas: 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
D1official:

Broda d spiritual realm is higher Dan it's physical counterpart, u can never use the physical realm to understand D spiritual bt rather d spiritual to understand D physical.
ND for dat to happen u must accept Christ Jesus wholeheartedly for his spirit which is d revelation of d word(Rhema)to Kom into u for proper revelation.
Dat is y God is d ultimate, he can't b scammed, if u aren't sincere in accepting Christ forgt it.
No matter what we explain to u as an unbeliever u can never have a revelation, cos d spirit aren't in you, so d first step is accepting Christ or keep on bn carnally logical.
1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1.Stop deceiving people with this physical and spiritual stuffs. God's message is for humans not spirit. Listen to these commandments from Jesus and tell me if you need any spirit to understand it:

Deuteronomy 6:4-9King James Version (KJV)

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

All these verses you quoted above does not even point to the message of God. If God sent Jesus to call the people from there evil ways, how then will they get a single thing out of it if the message is ''spiritually coded''? It's just like someone sending you a letter in japanese language. How then will you know to even accept the messenger into your house if you can't deduce anything from the message?

If you insist we should accept Jesus into our life, as what? but make sure you bring a bible verse to back your answer.
If not, your argument is baseless

In addition, since you are in the spirit, maybe you can help us interprete the following:

[Proverbs 31:6-7] “Give strong drink to him who is ready to perish, and wine to those hthat be of heavy hearts. Let him drink and forget his poverty and remember his misery no more.”

Matthew 10:34

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Genesis 6:6

And the LORD[b] regretted[/b] that he had made man on the earth, and it[b] grieved him to his heart.[/b]

Genesis 6:2

The sons of God saw the beautiful women and took any they wanted as their wives.

You are in spirit and you will understand them better, but let me advice you on one thing, bear in mind that God has no other punishment than hell fire. STOP INSULTING GOD
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by olamkas: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
D1official:

YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON WHATSAPP (08156066958) FOR FULL DEBATE.
WE CAN DIALOGUE ON ONENESS OF GOD, WHO IS JESUS, CRUCIFIXION MATTERS E.T.C
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by D1official: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
olamkas:

1.Stop deceiving people with this physical and spiritual stuffs. God's message is for humans not spirit. Listen to these commandments from Jesus and tell me if you need any spirit to understand it:

Deuteronomy 6:4-9King James Version (KJV)

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

All these verses you quoted above does not even point to the message of God. If God sent Jesus to call the people from there evil ways, how then will they get a single thing out of it if the message is ''spiritually coded''? It's just like someone sending you a letter in japanese language. How then will you know to even accept the messenger into your house if you can't deduce anything from the message?

If you insist we should accept Jesus into our life, as what? but make sure you bring a bible verse to back your answer.
If not, your argument is baseless

In addition, since you are in the spirit, maybe you can help us interprete the following:

[Proverbs 31:6-7] “Give strong drink to him who is ready to perish, and wine to those hthat be of heavy hearts. Let him drink and forget his poverty and remember his misery no more.”

Matthew 10:34

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Genesis 6:6

And the LORD[b] regretted[/b] that he had made man on the earth, and it[b] grieved him to his heart.[/b]

Genesis 6:2

The sons of God saw the beautiful women and took any they wanted as their wives.

You are in spirit and you will understand them better, but let me advice you on one thing, bear in mind that God has no other punishment than hell fire. STOP INSULTING GOD

Itz so dis-heartening hw people who re nt part of us think dey knw beta.
Bro by his grace m nt just a theoretical Xtian, I hv seen multiple sicknesses vanish into thin air in seconds just to mention a few, I hv seen over tangible manifestations of d power of God, nt to talk of d peace, joy ND oda goodies it comes with.
Or u think m a believer of fear, running away frm hell? Lolz.
M nt here to debate anything with u, Christ never called us to.
He simply asked us to preach the truth, d truth needs no compulsion, it's either u believe it or u don't, still it changes nothing abt d truth.
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
First step to knowing God, is first accepting U knw nothing.
D gr8tst enemy of atheists ND unbelievers, is d same issues d devil had PRIDE!!!.
God bless u bro ND I pray u understand.

1 Like

Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by olamkas: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
D1official:

Itz so dis-heartening hw people who re nt part of us think dey knw beta.
Bro by his grace m nt just a theoretical Xtian, I hv seen multiple sicknesses vanish into thin air in seconds just to mention a few, I hv seen over tangible manifestations of d power of God, nt to talk of d peace, joy ND oda goodies it comes with.
Or u think m a believer of fear, running away frm hell? Lolz.
M nt here to debate anything with u, Christ never called us to.
He simply asked us to preach the truth, d truth needs no compulsion, it's either u believe it or u don't, still it changes nothing abt d truth.
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
First step to knowing God, is first accepting U knw nothing.
D gr8tst enemy of atheists ND unbelievers, is d same issues d devil had PRIDE!!!.
God bless u bro ND I pray u understand.
It's a shame that you never answer any of my questions. the bible fights against itself,so pathetic. The good thing is, I can debate you with your own ''corrupted'' bible
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by keenness: 1:09am On Jul 23, 2017
olamkas:

Jesus was sent by the most High God to the Whole word. First, you must know that he was sent by God to every creature, " and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved son, in whom i am well pleased; hear him."Mathew 17:5b. Secondly, you must know that God created all man- " so God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created He them" Genesis 1:27. The purpose of Jesus' coming to earth is to fulfill the will of God, which is that ALL MEN SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE AND BELIEVE IN HIS SON JESUS CHRIST. For God so love the WORLD ( everybody) that He gave His begotten son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH in him should NOT PERISH, but have everlasting life. John 3:16. verse 17 says " For God sent not His son into the World to condem the world but that the world through him might be saved.
Now you see from the above bible passages that it is ONLY JESUS that was sent by God to save the world from the power of sin and everlasting condemnation. Jesus confirmed this by himself in some bible passages:
in John 14:6, Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life: NO MAN COME TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME. He said this with power and authority and not secretly. Jesus is the only way to God because he is the Only son and he is sent by God to the whole world not some set of people or race not even to a religion but to everyone that believe in Him.
The bible passage you quoted was carnally mis-intepreted, Mathew 10: 5-6 " These twelve JESUS SENT forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the gentiles, and into any of the samaritans enter ye not: but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." This was a special assignment given by Jesus to his disciples while he was on earth and not him been sent. He was only given out a special task to his disciples and gave the restrictions to where they should go at that time. When he was glorified i.e resurrected he gave them power to fully go into all the world and preach the gospel to all nation. Act 1:8 " But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be WITNESSES unto me both in Jerusalem and in Judea and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Now u see him sending them to Samaria he initially commanded them not to go to. That assignment was for a special purpose. Mark 16:15 also says" And he said unto them go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. "Jesus came for the whole world. If Jesus Christ has not come for all, i would not have known him and believed on him, i mean i would not have been saved because by natural descent he is an Israelite and i am a Nigerian -a gentile. Listen to this: Jesus is preached everywhere and in every tongue and many in the whole univers are believing on him irrespective of nationalty. I invite you to believe in Jesus because there is no salvation anywhere but in him and him alone. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by olamkas: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2017
keenness:
Jesus was sent by the most High God to the Whole word. First, you must know that he was sent by God to every creature,

here you agreed that Jesus was sent by God, meaning 1.Jesus is a messenger from God 2. Jesus is never God 3. There was never a trinity or you rather agree your trinity concepts is worshipping three gods.

keenness:
" and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved son, in whom i am well pleased; hear him."Mathew 17:5b. Secondly, you must know that God created all man- " so God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created He them"

here you quote about a voice been heard, from where? "the cloud". whose voice? that was never mentioned anyway but I'm so sure it was not God's voice because 1. God is not in the cloud 2. John 5:37 And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen,. Further you quote that God created man in his form but john 5:37 said we have never seen God's form. Jeremaih 10:6 says "There is none like You, O LORD; You are great, and great is Your name in might."

keenness:
Genesis 1:27. The purpose of Jesus' coming to earth is to fulfill the will of God, which is that ALL MEN SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE AND BELIEVE IN HIS SON JESUS CHRIST. For God so love the WORLD ( everybody) that He gave His begotten son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH in him should NOT PERISH, but have everlasting life. John 3:16. verse 17 says " For God sent not His son into the World to condem the world but that the world through him might be saved.

1. Can you explain the word "begotten" in the verse John 3;16
2. What message did Jesus brought that we are to be believe?
3. If believing in Jesus as to his teachings, what then is the essence of his death?

keenness:
Now you see from the above bible passages that it is ONLY JESUS that was sent by God to save the world from the power of sin and everlasting condemnation. Jesus confirmed this by himself in some bible passages:
in John 14:6, Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life: NO MAN COME TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME. He said this with power and authority and not secretly. Jesus is the only way to God because he is the Only son and he is sent by God to the whole world not some set of people or race not even to a religion but to everyone that believe in Him.

1.Jesus was the way just as Moses, Abraham e.t.c were because God sent them to save there people
2. Did you just say Jesus is the only son of God? either you or the bible is telling a lie here.exodus 4;22 "Then you will tell him, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son."
2 Samuel 7:13-14 "He shall build an house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son"
Luke 3:38 "Adam, which was the son of God"
Genesis 6:2 "That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair"
3. Now tell me where Jesus said he has come to die on the cross because what you quote above doesn't indicate it and it is the pillar of christianity

keenness:
The bible passage you quoted was carnally mis-intepreted, Mathew 10: 5-6 " These twelve JESUS SENT forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the gentiles, and into any of the samaritans enter ye not: but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." This was a special assignment given by Jesus to his disciples while he was on earth and not him been sent. He was only given out a special task to his disciples and gave the restrictions to where they should go at that time. When he was glorified i.e resurrected he gave them power to fully go into all the world and preach the gospel to all nation. Act 1:8 " But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be WITNESSES unto me both in Jerusalem and in Judea and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Now u see him sending them to Samaria he initially commanded them not to go to. That assignment was for a special purpose. Mark 16:15 also says" And he said unto them go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. "Jesus came for the whole world. If Jesus Christ has not come for all, i would not have known him and believed on him, i mean i would not have been saved because by natural descent he is an Israelite and i am a Nigerian -a gentile. Listen to this: Jesus is preached everywhere and in every tongue and many in the whole univers are believing on him irrespective of nationalty. I invite you to believe in Jesus because there is no salvation anywhere but in him and him alone. God bless you.
Re: 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God by olamkas: 2:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
Dear keeness, I won't mind if you can drop your whatsapp no here or privately in my box @ olamkas0001@gmail.com for a steady conversationn.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dolly Parton & Dionne Warwick Team Up For New Gospel Song 'Peace Like A River' / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. / 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.