Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,019 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:34 AM

Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region (43008 Views)

South-South Governors To Establish Regional Security Outfit / Marwa Alleges Plan To Manipulate Election Results In Southeast, South South / Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Amberon11: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2017
If there's any tribe who has spread the most hatred on this forum, its the igbos. You people just cannot take what you give. If you don't want to be insulted , don't insult others. All urhobos did was create a thread dissociating from Biafra and your minions started the e-brawls as usual. And on this thread , you have personally insulted the urhobos over and over again.

Keep creating enemies for yourselves and very soon the entire south south will totally dissociate from you like we are already doing.
Nonaira1:

I know but some of the urhobo on this forum have made me seriously wary of una especially the mother fucker that preached he'll go and commit genocide on Asabians. Their Igbophobic ranting and insults just does not cut with me anymore but you're right, shouldn't judge all and should shine my eyes some more.

1 Like

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Deadlytruth(m): 6:50am On Jul 20, 2017
cumbak60:

This your come-back story is stale. You've been beaten several times by Pazianza, on this rout you're about to take. Why are you this pathetic? Don't you think is high time you take a back sit, because you don't have anything new to say other than what you've been drumming from time immemorial.

Don't you think your brothers are actually the ones guilty of comeback stories by always terming others friends of the North when actually all historical evidences indict them more of friendship with the North?
Please note that any Igbo man who calls any other Southern people friends or slaves of the North must have me to contend with any day hence this response of mine will always greet such claim as has happened here once again. How has Pazienza beaten me to it? You mean he has been able to prove that Igbo did not go into alliance with the Hausa-Fulani in 1959 and 1979 to the rejection of southern alliance in both cases? Or that he has proved beyond reasonable doubt that it wasn't Igbos that invented "One-Nigeria" sloganeering ironically at a time the Hausa-Fulanis were slaughtering them in thousands in the North?
I know you know how shameful it is that your Igbo tribe committed these suicidal blunders hence your discomfort with my constant revisit of the historical facts. But if you honestly want me to stop repeating it then ask your brothers here to stop hypocritically terming others as slaves and friends of the North since we know the truth about it.
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Deadlytruth(m): 7:14am On Jul 20, 2017
pazienza:

NCNC was left with no option but to align with NPC after this Awolowo treachery, not even the North could align with him. Alliance needs trust to thrive, no one can trust a treacherous fellow. Awolowo pushed Zik into alliance with the North.

AG didn't set out to be in opposition in 1959, she wanted to be central and was sounding out both NPC and NCNC to find out which of them offered more chance of victory, which obviously backfired on Awolowo, forcing him into opposition politics. It wasnt by design that AG ended up in opposition, forces beyond their control forced their hands.
https://www.nairaland.com/3780719/politics-first-coalition-govt-nigeria

In 1964, Zik and NCNC aligned with AG, since they were sure of Awolowo loyalty, seeing as Awolowo had fallen out entirely with Akintola that was now the leader in SW.
Zik and NCNC aligned with AG. Yet Yorubas led by Akintola aligned with NPC out of Akintola desperation to consolidate his power and emasculate Awolowo.
So, we see a Yoruba-Northern alliance built out of political immaturity of Akintola, at a point in history Zik was ready to work with AG. NNDP was in alliance with NPC in 1964 and it was Yoruba-Arewa alliance that happened pre elections.

You don't pick and choose your own facts.

Yorubas were also in alliance with Arewa in 1967, as Awolowo was the de facto prime minister in Gowon government.

NPP never aligned with NPN, they formed the majority at NASS with NPN, after NPN failed to win enough votes to become outright majority in the house. The agreement was post election and not pre election. You lots are good at obfuscation of facts.

Since return of democracy in 1999, has a Yoruba man by name OBJ not formed an alliance with the North and cleared the polls in SW in 2003? Was OBJ not massively supported by Yorubas in 2003 when he was up against Buhari?

Nothing in your post to answer that I had not cleared up in the past, however I realize there is no separation of wild dogs from faeces. So I'm not surprised whenever you lots go back to regurgitating your usual lies.

Reasons why the visit of a part of AG to the NPC leadership to broker a deal could not have been at Awolowo's instance:
1.The AG delegation that went up North to negotiate with NPC was at the instance of Akintola and led by him without Awolowo's approval. As at 1957 (two years before the 1959 elections) the about-to-depart colonial government had already set up a precursor independece government for which they made Balewa the pseudo Prime Minister with Akintola being offered a ministerial portfolio which he accepted. By that development it was clear that Akintola already had always been in engagement with Northerners against Awolowo's approval even before independece. So obviously Akintola and his minority supporters within the AG had already had a taste of the filthy lucre of power positions sharing with the North and therefore could not afford to be out of power post independece, hence their preference for the apparently more promising dominant North which, knowing would not sit well with Awolowo, they had to seek without his approval.
2. Had Akintola told Ahmadu Bello that his visit had Awolowo's approval and backing, Ahmadu Bello, blunt and frank as he was, would have later mentioned it when Awolowo continued to reject all olive branches extended to him by the Balewa Government during the times of crisis which later came.
3. The fact that Akintola himself in all his later speeches laid on Awolowo all the blame of Yorubas' loss of portfolio opportunities in the Balewa administration to Igbos logically testifies to Awolowo's anti-North position. Had Awolowo approved of the visit of those AG members to Ahmadu Bello and it had failed all the same, then Akintola would not have later accused Awolowo of being responsible for Yorubas' loss to Igbos.
4. Given his consuming quest to drive home his anti-Awolowo propaganda through any available means, Akintola could not have missed the opportunity of telling the whole world that Awolowo was a hypocrite for feigning anti-North overtly after covertly delegating him to broker a deal with the same North.
5. Zik was not only a professing Christian but also read Comparative Religious Studies together with Anthropology in the University. Therein he learned of fair hearing as exemplified by God who, even though actually saw Adam eat the fruit courtesy of His omnipresence and omniscience, did not pass judgement until He had asked Adam whether he had eaten from it. What just stopped Zik therefore from just putting a phone call to Awolowo to confirm his knowledge and approval of Akintola's visit before believing Ahmadu Bello?
6. It usually reported by the pro-Zik elements that on being told on phone by Ahmadu Bello that some AG delegates were with him in Kaduna to ask for an AG-NPC alliance, Zik started moving downstairs and while in transit he said to himself, "So this snake we are trying to kill even has two heads?" This means that even before the issue post 1959 election alliances ever came up, Zik and his followers had been trying to kill Awolowo politically only that they just discovered at the point of alliance that he was more "dangerous" than the reason why they ever had to kill him in the first instance. That meant they were already prejudiced against him and had already closed their minds to any objective assessment of any accusation that that would later be leveled against him from any quarters. Is it not now clear why they, without any leading, chose to see Awolowo's hand in Akintola's visit to Ahmadu Bello even though Ahmadu Bello did not explicitly or implicitly say that Akintola confirmed Awolowo's knowledge and approval of it? It was simply a case of giving a dog a bad name in order to kill it.
7. The fact that 4 years later, the same Zik later sent Okpara to visit Awolowo's wife with the task of mending fences with incarcerated Awolowo through his wife towards forging the AG-NCNC alliance which he (Zik) had rejected 4 years earlier was a development that made nonsense of the claim that Awolowo' played double game to inspire Zik's preference for the North earlier on. It would be recalled that while Zik was proposing the UPGA (AG-NCNC) alliance to Awolowo through Okpara's visit to his wife, Tafawa Balewa was simultaneously proposing to release Awolowo from prison on the single condition that he rejected Zik's UPGA and accept for once a merger of AG and NPC towards the 1965 Federal Elections which Awolowo turned down again and preferred to remain in prison rather turn Zik down. If Awo were double dealing as Zik's appologists would have us believe, he would have at least accepted Balewa's terms of release but joined UPGA on regaining freedom or better still accepted Balewa's release and really joined NPC to pay Zik back in his own coin especially given the fact that Zik had become politically destitute, used, disgraced and dumped by the North so much that he and Balewa were no longer in talking terms at that moment.
If Zik was truly convinced that Awolowo played double game in 1959 alliance proposals, then why did he turn round just after 4 years to even make conscious efforts in search of alliance with the same man at a time when the same Northerners were courting him with release from jail. Was it not a repeat of the same scenario as that of 1959 that was playing out again? Why did Zik not suspect this time that he, being a snake according to them, could play double game again?
8. The Five Majors, four of whom were Igbos, were averse to the Northern Oligarchy and their Southern Collaborators, and that was their main source of impulse for the coup. As young army officers who keenly followed the events from the swearing in of the NCNC-NPC Government, they knew quite well that Awolowo was wholeheartedly anti-North hence he was not in their hit list unlike Zik, Okpara, Osadebe and Akintola whom they penned down for liquidation for being Southern Collaborators to the Northern Hegemony.
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by nonaira: 8:16am On Jul 20, 2017
Amberon11:
If there's any tribe who has spread the most hatred on this forum, its the igbos. You people just cannot take what you give. If you don't want to be insulted , don't insult others. All urhobos did was create a thread dissociating from Biafra and your minions started the e-brawls as usual. And on this thread , you have personally insulted the urhobos over and over again.

Keep creating enemies for yourselves and very soon the entire south south will totally dissociate from you like we are already doing.

Oh spare me your miserable cries. I've been on this forum since 2012 so I've been here to witness EVERYTHING that made this forum the shithole it currently is. Are you going to pretend you weren't here to witness SEVERAL of your urhobo people who insulted igbos on daily basis under the claim of "WE SS" even before IPOB came in place? Are you going to pretend you were not there to witness it? Infact prior to the igbos on NL INSULTING una back, several, myself included, labeled the Urhobos doing so yoruba or in my case, ijaw, as they didn't believe it was una doing it.

So funny how your eyes only see when your useless asses are in the receiving end, not when you monkeys are the aggressors.

Infact here's the Goddamn thread where your urhobo brother started screeching his xenophobic tendency and chest beating about killing igbos
https://www.nairaland.com/3476091/why-niger-deltans-wont-subscribe/84

Like I asked the animals there to quote which igbo insulted urhobo before your clan came to act like a bunch of Savage buffoons. Your primitive thinking monkey of a bro who acted like a fool wasn't able to do so despite reporting on the freaking thread that pazienza caused him and the rest of your urhobo claim to act as fool and wishing death on people. I even screnshoted pazienza first comment on the thread and the ones before your clan came to display their hate or rather maybe in your mind "love" and posted it for him to point it out and he still was not able to do so. Maybe you can help us out and show us EXACTLY where you guys were insulted before your Igbophobic laced clan decided to act like animals on that thread since your only fault was "urhobo denouncing biafra". Funny enough that was not the only thread, this was the one I recall lately vividly as it showed me EXACTLY the demons that is you Urhobos. As you can see on that same thread, I was actually nice to you people as I continously deluded myself you lots were decent set of ppl. Even tried to get the igbos insulting back to stop as you lots fake behaviors in person blinded me, well can't help but say I am grateful as f2k about NL creation as it opened my eyes about tribes in the so called "one niggeria" and "one delta".

Like some have said on this forum, you Igbophobic animals have gotten so used to insulting, degrading and stereotyping igbos without a single reply and turning the other cheek by our parents and grandparents, it now surprises you when you getting back exactly what you lots have been dishing to igbos for years now. and I'm glad as F2k it hurting una like crazy. That fucking hate you've been dishing and deluding una Goddamn head it's love and creative criticism and only able to see it as wtf it is only when you're getting it back would continue to manifest until you lots learn that passive igbo our parents allowed una to put them as are no more. We give back exactly WTF una give and don't see two f2ks how much it hurts you and how "keep creating hate" you lots cry about. That Goddamn "hate" you lots birthed is awake and breathing. Say hello to it instead of pretending it manifested out of nowhere tongue

Secondly NOONE, not one single fucking person,opposed urhobo denouncing Biafra as you were NEVER included. People became irritated over you lots constant attention seeking. You lots opened threads upon threads for 2 years straight denouncing biafran even after many supported your first article of denouce. Even when informed the map you lots posted to try and give yourselves a pat was made by Massob and Massob, the creator, have long stopped using that map, you lots still kept disturbing Biafrans every fucking month with attention seeking articles. You wanted attention and they gave una that attention since 2 years of being civil and calmly telling una that " you weren't included" does not seem to get una thick head. Noone gives two f2ks if urhobo denounces biafra as noone cares. The people who would have reacted if anyone cared is IPOB but despite una 2 years of straight disturbance, not once did they reply una. That should have told you exactly where you stand with them but yet it never did.

Lastly, funny you wrote the bold under a thread talking about igbos and SS minorities assimilating together. Never mind I forgot, your people on NL do act like kings of SS. Whatever you weren't involved in or thoughts means others are the same. My bad I completely forgot. You are so right, please do totally dissociate from us, you can start by supporting anioma state creation. Please do totally dissociate from us. Gracias!

5 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by pazienza(m): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2017
Lol!

1. There was no telling who Akintola was working for in 1959, he was Awolowo vice and hence his representative. Even when AG plan to play the NCNC was busted AG got busted by Zik and Saraduna following a tip off from Zik spy in Saraduna house, Awolowo never had issues with Akintola. They never clashed over Akintola visit, so it's fair to say that Akintola represented AG or atleast that Awolowo had no objections over his visit to the North.
Either way, Zik was right in turning down AG, as no sane person would like to work with a person with a questionable loyalty and alliance. Better be safe than sorry.

2. Saraduna need not mention anything. Awolowo might not be a wise man grin But he was wise enough to know that Saraduna was a puppet master with imperial agenda, and that he Awolowo can never be subservient enough to work with Saraduna without betraying Yorubaland. Saraduna would have soon or later eliminated Awolowo and replaced him with a subservient leader. Awo refusal of Saraduna was a matter of self preservation.

3. Lol! What were you expecting, Akintola wanted to be the numero uno, he wanted the people to accept him, so it's only normal for him to vilify Awolowo before the people and accuse him of being the cause of Yoruba problems since Kiriji, we see this with Buhari and his Arewa-Oduanistani supporters against GEJ.
Awolowo was Akintola arch political enemy, vilifying him is only normal.

He was also courting the North, and had to prove this loyalty to them by coming hard on Awolowo.

It had nothing to do with Awolowo being against the North. It was about Akintola selling himself.

4. Again, Akintola need not mention about the Northern mission of Awolowo, because Awolowo himself was in the East same time. Awolowo had no problem working with the North under the right conditions, he was only in his misguided ways looking for the best for West, as we later saw in his alliance with Gowon and the North.

5. Lol! Even if Awolowo was the one that sent Akintola, he was not going to admit it, treachery was Awolowo stuff, Zik had Awolowo figured out to a T. It would be naive to expect Awolowo to own up to sending Akintola, just as it would be stupid to accept Awolowo apologies for sending Akintola. Trust is a delicate thing, and once broken, can't be repaired.
Either way, the point remains that Yorubas(Akintola and Awolowo) killed the Chance of AG-NCNC alliance. They through their political immaturity killed the South and pushed Zik to North. Yorubas must understand and internalize this fact and stop trying to twist history for us, like we are demented.

5. Lol! Like seriously, you clutching at straws Now?

The statement was "Agwo anyi na ya no nwere iru/isi abuo "
Literally Meaning : The snake we are hosting is one with two heads "
Zik knew of the slimy treacherous non trustworthy nature of Awolowo and rightly avoided him. No need dealing with a man whose Yes can be No or Yes, or No is not really No.
Nobody was trying to kill Awo. Zik was giving benefit of doubt to Awolowo, which Awolowo killed with Akintola northern visit.

6. Again, Awolowo was not stupid, he knew the North only wanted him because he controlled a significant proportion of Yoruba populace.
Zik was ready to work with Awolowo then because he knew Awolowo had been cornered and had no option but to work with NCNC. Alliance with NPC for Awolowo wasn't an option. Zik was a tactical politician.
Again, Zik working with Awolowo AG later showed that his case with Awolowo was more about trust. After Awolowo ordeal at the hands of Saraduna, Zik could guarantee Awolowo trust. NCNC represented the lesser evil for Awolowo then.

7.The four majors , amongst whom was a major Yoruba player, Ademoyega, an Igbo Niger deltan grin Nzeogwu , an Igbo of Bini decent Ifeajuna, and an Igbo of SE origin. were misguided and brainwashed by Awolowo. Awolowo was not on their hit list because their coup was masterminded by Awolowo himself .

That Awolowo had no problem becoming the de facto prime minister in Gowon Arewa military dictatorship government, even re inforces the naivity of the four majors.

4 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by pazienza(m): 9:04am On Jul 20, 2017
Deadlytruth:

[b]AG didn't set out to be in opposition in 1959, she wanted to be central and was sounding out both NPC and NCNC to find out which of them offered more chance of victory, which obviously backfired on Awolowo, forcing him into opposition politics. It wasnt by design that AG ended up in opposition, forces beyond their control forced their hands.[b/]

[b/]https://www.nairaland.com/3780719/politics-first-coalition-govt-nigeria[b/]

AG had two factions - The majority Awolowo-led anti-Arewa faction, and the minority Akintola-led pro-Arewa faction. Evidence that these factions existed was that at the point of wanting to proceed to the central legislature, Awolowo, sensing Akintola's pro-Northern establishment leaning, was not comfortable with the prospect of Akintola taking over from him and so made efforts to hand over to someone else. But he however had to bow to the pressure of the pan-Yoruba elders group who were, unlike himself, not foresighted enough to see danger which an Akintola Premiership would later pose to pan-Yoruba interest. It was the Akintola-led pro-Arewa faction that visited Ahmadu Bello to seek a deal with the NPC and without Awolowo's approval. Akintola factions independent mindedness in its pro-Arewa leaning would later be more underscored by Akintola's visit to Ahmadu Bello on the eve of the January 15 1966 coup with the suggestion that they both fled the country that very evening​ which the latter turned down out of disbelief in the possibility of a coup.

[b]In 1964, Zik and NCNC aligned with AG, since they were sure of Awolowo loyalty, seeing as Awolowo had fallen out entirely with Akintola that was now the leader in SW.[b/]

Contrary to your claim that Awolowo fell out with Akintola in 1964, the fall out actually happened as far back as 1957 when the former expressed his apprehension about the danger which latter's acceptance of a ministerial portfolio in the pre-independence Balewa-led pseudo regime put in place by the colonial authority that same year of 1957.

[b]Zik and NCNC aligned with AG. Yet Yorubas led by Akintola aligned with NPC out of Akintola desperation to consolidate his power and emasculate Awolowo.[b/]

This sounds illogical. If Yorubas aligned with NPC under Akintola's control as you claim above, then who was left in the AG which the same you claim Zik and NCNC aligned with?
The truth however was that the Akintola-led faction of AG ( composed of few Yorubas and the Igbo members of the Western Assembly) aligned with the NPC to form NNA while the residual majority Awolowo-loyal AG faction aligned with NCNC to birth the UPGA which Zik later dumped for NNA.

[b]So, we see a Yoruba-Northern alliance built out of political immaturity of Akintola[b/]

Zik initially assisted Akintola in his mission of trying to build that Yoruba-Arewa alliance because he felt such was the only way to crush AG for the NCNC to take over the Western Region. Recall that it was with the support of the Zik-backed Igbo (NCNC) members of the Western Region Assembly that Akintola successfully weathered the storm of his attempted impeachment by the Awolowo-loyal faction of the AG.

[b]at a point in history Zik was ready to work with AG.[b/]

This was only after NPC had begun to pummel him with the blatant rigging of 1962 census against the South and especially his Eastern Region.

[b]NNDP was in alliance with NPC in 1964 and it was Yoruba-Arewa alliance that happened pre elections.[b/]

There were two alliances as regards 1964 election:

1. The UPGA which was composed of Igbo, Awolowo-loyal Yorubas who were in the majority, and Midwest majority, hence UPGA won the election convincingly in all these regions except in the West where Akintola rigged openly to please Balewa to the eliciting of Operation Wetie.

2. The NNA which was composed of Akintola-led minority of Yorubas with his loyal Igbo members of the Western Assembly which won massively in the North and may be Lagos. Unfortunately Zik would later cross over from UPGA to NNA after Akintola accepted the fraudulent results declared for the Western Region by the Balewa government at the centre.

1. Not true! Awolowo fall out with Akintola was much after 1961, Akintola visit to the North was before 1960. Awolowo never had any problems with Akintola for his visit to the North. Because relations between the two remained smooth and normal.
Awolowo major problem with Akintola started because Akintola refused to be a yes man, he wanted to be the numero uno, he wanted to be the one steering the Yoruba ship, he wasn't going to leave that role to Awolowo. And also, there was a case of love for lucre and economic interests, as it was wildly reported that Awolowo wife and Akintola wife fought fiercely for the lucrative post of being the sole distributionship of Coca Cola products in the West, further straining the relationship between Awolowo and Akintola.

2. Well this is the dilemma in assigning the activities of political parties and politicians to ethnic groups, but this is the dangerous game Yorubas played in their media propaganda to vilify Ndiigbo, so I would also use it to bury Yorubas themselves and with no mercy.
Akintola is Yoruba, so his actions must be perceived as those of Yorubas, because often times, Yoruba history revisionists would have us believe that Akintola was killed in the Jan 1966 coup by Igbo soldiers, because his NNA party win represented a Win for the Yorubas and a loss for Igbo political class grin. Katsumoto and his Yoruba disciples had pushed this agenda on this forum, So in that moment, Akintola becomes a Yoruba rep when it suits their narrative, but he becomes a renegade when it doesn't suit their narrative, as you are currently attempting to do. grin
Infact, the whole Igbo coup agenda by Yoruba history revisionist is built on the pillar of Akintola being a Yoruba leader and rep who Igbo soldiers eliminated because the victory of his NNA alliance meant the replacement o Igbo persons with Yoruba ones by NPC in federal institutions and parastatals. grin

You lots can't eat you cake and have it.

Akintola was an Igbophobic human being. Igbo members of the Western House were mainly in the NCNC, how exactly could Akintola AG faction Now be composed of few Yorubas and Mainly(yes you didn't add it, but you were subtly promoting it grin) Igbos?
NCNC was in UPGA alliance, with NNA as the enemy, how exactly could NCNC members in western region be under NCNC and still be in alliance with NNA together with Akintola ? grin
Your Igbophobia is getting out of hand, it's blocking your rationality. grin

Akintola actions would always remain Yoruba actions, and we would continue to view them as such, just as Awolowo actions would continue to represent Yoruba actions.
Unless Yorubas are willing to change their narrative of events of those era,ours won't change.

5 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 10:04am On Jul 20, 2017
pazienza:
Lol!

1. There was no telling who Akintola was working for in 1959, he was Awolowo vice and hence his representative. Even when AG plan to play the NCNC was busted AG got busted by Zik and Saraduna following a tip off from Zik spy in Saraduna house, Awolowo never had issues with Akintola. They never clashed over Akintola visit, so it's fair to say that Akintola represented AG or atleast that Awolowo had no objections over his visit to the North.
Either way, Zik was right in turning down AG, as no sane person would like to work with a person with a questionable loyalty and alliance. Better be safe than sorry.

2. Saraduna need not mention anything. Awolowo might not be a wise man grin But he was wise enough to know that Saraduna was a puppet master with imperial agenda, and that he Awolowo can never be subservient enough to work with Saraduna without betraying Yorubaland. Saraduna would have soon or later eliminated Awolowo and replaced him with a subservient leader. Awo refusal of Saraduna was a matter of self preservation.

3. Lol! What were you expecting, Akintola wanted to be the numero uno, he wanted the people to accept him, so it's only normal for him to vilify Awolowo before the people and accuse him of being the cause of Yoruba problems since Kiriji, we see this with Buhari and his Arewa-Oduanistani supporters against GEJ.
Awolowo was Akintola arch political enemy, vilifying him is only normal.

He was also courting the North, and had to prove this loyalty to them by coming hard on Awolowo.

It had nothing to do with Awolowo being against the North. It was about Akintola selling himself.

4. Again, Akintola need not mention about the Northern mission of Awolowo, because Awolowo himself was in the East same time. Awolowo had no problem working with the North under the right conditions, he was only in his misguided ways looking for the best for West, as we later saw in his alliance with Gowon and the North.

5. Lol! Even if Awolowo was the one that sent Akintola, he was not going to admit it, treachery was Awolowo stuff, Zik had Awolowo figured out to a T. It would be naive to expect Awolowo to own up to sending Akintola, just as it would be stupid to accept Awolowo apologies for sending Akintola. Trust is a delicate thing, and once broken, can't be repaired.
Either way, the point remains that Yorubas(Akintola and Awolowo) killed the Chance of AG-NCNC alliance. They through their political immaturity killed the South and pushed Zik to North. Yorubas must understand and internalize this fact and stop trying to twist history for us, like we are demented.

5. Lol! Like seriously, you clutching at straws Now?

The statement was "Agwo anyi na ya no nwere iru/isi abuo "
Literally Meaning : The snake we are hosting is one with two heads "
Zik knew of the slimy treacherous non trustworthy nature of Awolowo and rightly avoided him. No need dealing with a man whose Yes can be No or Yes, or No is not really No.
Nobody was trying to kill Awo. Zik was giving benefit of doubt to Awolowo, which Awolowo killed with Akintola northern visit.

6. Again, Awolowo was not stupid, he knew the North only wanted him because he controlled a significant proportion of Yoruba populace.
Zik was ready to work with Awolowo then because he knew Awolowo had been cornered and had no option but to work with NCNC. Alliance with NPC for Awolowo wasn't an option. Zik was a tactical politician.
Again, Zik working with Awolowo AG later showed that his case with Awolowo was more about trust. After Awolowo ordeal at the hands of Saraduna, Zik could guarantee Awolowo trust. NCNC represented the lesser evil for Awolowo then.

7.The four majors , amongst whom was a major Yoruba player, Ademoyega, an Igbo Niger deltan grin Nzeogwu , an Igbo of Bini decent Ifeajuna, and an Igbo of SE origin. were misguided and brainwashed by Awolowo. Awolowo was not on their hit list because their coup was masterminded by Awolowo himself .

That Awolowo had no problem becoming the de facto prime minister in Gowon Arewa military dictatorship government, even re inforces the naivity of the four majors.

Will you shut your stupid lying mouth? I thought Akintola was the premier like you claimed? Now he's the vice? You're so shameless, even as your political harlot, Zik!

Moreover, Awolowo paid you eediots back for having the audacity to attack Ore, Lagos and the midwest. In fact, I've never been so grateful for his tact because greedy eediots as yourself and ilk needs to put in their place! Bunch of self entitled losers, cry me a river, no one is interested in your woes. The Karma that's coming Ibo's way would be a child play to what happened in the civil war for all the atrocities you caused in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 10:16am On Jul 20, 2017
pazienza:

1. Not true! Awolowo fall out with Akintola was much after 1961, Akintola visit to the North was before 1960. Awolowo never had any problems with Akintola for his visit to the North. Because relations between the two remained smooth and normal.
Awolowo major problem with Akintola started because Akintola refused to be a yes man, he wanted to be the numero uno, he wanted to be the one steering the Yoruba ship, he wasn't going to leave that role to Awolowo. And also, there was a case of love for lucre and economic interests, as it was wildly reported that Awolowo wife and Akintola wife fought fiercely for the lucrative post of being the sole distributionship of Coca Cola products in the West, further straining the relationship between Awolowo and Akintola.

2. Well this is the dilemma in assigning the activities of political parties and politicians to ethnic groups, but this is the dangerous game Yorubas played in their media propaganda to vilify Ndiigbo, so I would also use it to bury Yorubas themselves and with no mercy.
Akintola is Yoruba, so his actions must be perceived as those of Yorubas, because often times, Yoruba history revisionists would have us believe that Akintola was killed in the Jan 1966 coup by Igbo soldiers, because his NNA party win represented a Win for the Yorubas and a loss for Igbo political class grin. Katsumoto and his Yoruba disciples had pushed this agenda on this forum, So in that moment, Akintola becomes a Yoruba rep when it suits their narrative, but he becomes a renegade when it doesn't suit their narrative, as you are currently attempting to do. grin
Infact, the whole Igbo coup agenda by Yoruba history revisionist is built on the pillar of Akintola being a Yoruba leader and rep who Igbo soldiers eliminated because the victory of his NNA alliance meant the replacement o Igbo persons with Yoruba ones by NPC in federal institutions and parastatals. grin

Akintola was an Igbophobic human being. Igbo members of the Western House were mainly in the NCNC, how exactly could Akintola AG faction Now be composed of few Yorubas and Mainly(yes you didn't add it, but you were subtly promoting it grin) Igbos?
NCNC was in UPGA alliance, with NNA as the enemy, how exactly could NCNC members in western region be under NCNC and still be in alliance with NNA together with Akintola ? grin

Akintola actions would always remain Yoruba actions, and we would continue to view them as such, just as Awolowo actions would continue to represent Yoruba actions.
Unless Yorubas are willing to change their narrative of events of those era,ours won't change.

Lol! Bunch of bullshit as usual!

Always conjectures without basis, just the way Pazienza's life is..

The real cold fact out there is the fact that ibo has always been a foot soldier for the North. Eck! The North helped to make the harlot, Zik president in 1963. Even Zik would be cursing you in the grave for daring to paint him what he was not. He was proud as the beautiful bride and he boasted of it countless of time but this foolish revisionist wants to claim otherwise.

Your lots even danced liked eediots for Abacha and you here saying nonsense. How about Ekwueme and Shagari in the 80's? Lol! If not that we have these cold facts everywhere, this eediot would have come up with his lame conjectures as usual!

Pazienza, and revisionism, very synonymous!

2 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Curlieweed: 11:51am On Jul 20, 2017
pazienza:

Good points.

Your friend stated that Zik led the UPGA alliance. Not true. MI Okpara led the alliance because at this time as President, Zik was retired from partisan politics.

He also mentioned something about Igbo members from the Western house aligning with a clearly Igbophobic Akintola. I don't have the facts but this doesn't seem plausible. The NNPC leaders I know in the west were not Igbo but people like Fummilayo Ransome-Kuti, TOS Benson and Adeniran Ogunsanya.

1 Like

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by cumbak60: 11:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
Kagawa10:

Will you shut your stupid lying mouth? I thought Akintola was the premier like you claimed? Now he's the vice? You're so shameless, even as your political harlot, Zik!

Moreover, Awolowo paid you eediots back for having the audacity to attack Ore, Lagos and the midwest. In fact, I've never been so grateful for his tact because greedy eediots as yourself and ilk needs to put in their place! Bunch of self entitled losers, cry me a river, no one is interested in your woes. The Karma that's coming Ibo's way would be a child play to what happened in the civil war for all the atrocities you caused in Nigeria.
May God return back this woes hundred fold to you and your likes.. ngwa, say Amen. Anuvia sad
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 12:20am On Jul 21, 2017
cumbak60:

May God return back this woes hundred fold to you and your likes.. ngwa, say Amen. Anuvia sad

This is no curse but Karma. Ibo caused many atrocities in Nigeria yet keeps lying to turn history on its head, not to mention your attempt at blackmail.

It was an Ibo man who plotted the first coup in Nigeria, killing off every political leaders from several tribes apart from the ibos and this eventually snowballed into counter coup and the civil war!

Or should we even talk about the civil war? How Ojukwu attacked the Midwest, Ore and the incessant bombing in Lagos before Awolowo eventually had no option than to join and save his folks from the Ibos who wanted to drag Yoruba into their battle even when we were never part of the war between the Fulani and the Ibos in the first place.

It was an Ibo man, Ironsi who truncated our true federalism which brought us into the mess we're in today.

It was an Ibo man, Zik who opted for the no secession clause in our constitution yet your lots keeps screaming about it today and disturbing our peace.

It was Ibo men who have always been the North foot soldiers even at the detriment of the South from time memorial. Not forgetting your folks turned Jonathan regime into a tribal mess. Tsk tsk Arthur Eze calling Yoruba an Ewedu Amala folks in front of Jonathan who was even laughing at the derogatory remarks..

But people who knows little about history would think Ibos were saint with the way you people blackmail, play the victim and lie about history (cough cough the lies about Ojukwu releasing Awolowo from the prison even when it was Gowon who did it). However, know that God aint a sentimental, lying and emotional being, whatever you sow is what you shall reap! Kapish!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Maj Ayangbesan, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Insurgents (pic) / Why I Can’t Dethrone Nnamdi Kanu’s Father – Governor Ikpeazu / Give An Explanation To This Cartoon Illustration (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.