Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Nigeria Would Have Been Better If We Had Our Independence In 2000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Have Been Better If We Had Our Independence In 2000 (650 Views)

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Would Have Been Dead And Gone If Buhari Wasn’t Elected / Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Would Have Been Better If We Had Our Independence In 2000 by Darksider131: 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
The biggest mistake ever did in this country is having our indepedence early.
Look at south africa, if they had their independence in 1960 or earlier than that their country would be a sh*t hole
they got lucky white people stay long enough to develop it for them

Mandela should be thanking this white people cause if without them South Africa would be worst than Nigeria..

Nigeria wasn't that lucky, think of it if we had our independence in 1990 or 2000 trust me Nigeria will still be the giant of Africa
Good road,good electricity,cheap internet connection,good houses
Here will be a dream for other countries

Africans are not meant to lead by themselves

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Better If We Had Our Independence In 2000 by Lukgaf(m): 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
I don't like how we got independence in 1960. we ain't mature yet.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Better If We Had Our Independence In 2000 by Darksider131: 9:46pm On Jul 16, 2017
Lukgaf:
I don't like how we got independence in 1960. we ain't mature yet.
thats the fact

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Better If We Had Our Independence In 2000 by Okoroawusa: 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
Thank u ...
Now go n sleep.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Better If We Had Our Independence In 2000 by Rossikki: 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2017
Darksider131:
The biggest mistake ever did in this country is having our indepedence early.
Look at south africa, if they had their independence in 1960 or earlier than that their country would be a sh*t hole
they got lucky white people stay long enough to develop it for them

Mandela should be thanking this white people cause if without them South Africa would be worst than Nigeria..

Nigeria wasn't that lucky, think of it if we had our independence in 1990 or 2000 trust me Nigeria will still be the giant of Africa
Good road,good electricity,cheap internet connection,good houses
Here will be a dream for other countries

Africans are not meant to lead by themselves

You are totally deluded. In fact your thinking is TOTALLY UPSIDE DOWN.

Just look at you. You are literate, well fed, and exposed. You even know how to type!!

Did your grandparents or great grandparents have all that?

Were they not illiterate peasants?

OF COURSE THEY WERE.

How do I now?

Because they grew up under colonial rule, when illiteracy was at 95%. At independence. After 63 years of uninterrupted white rule.

Today that figure is down to 25% after just 50 years of black rule, following massive investment in public education by the Nigerian government.

In other words, had the British still been in charge, YOU would have most likely been an illiterate, barefoot palm wine tapper, or a hunter, or a farmer, in the village. At most a tailor, or shoe shiner.

Many of you ignorant, white worshipping slaves don't realise that the whites came here to loot, and nothing else.

COLONIALISM WAS ABOUT LOOTING OUR RESOURCES. THAT IS WHY THE WEST ARE RICH TODAY AND WE ARE JUST STARTING OFF.

Ask yourself, What happened to all out export proceeds from cocoa, palm oil, groundnuts, tin, rubber, iron ore, coal, etc between 1897 and 1960?

These commodities commanded premium prices on the international market.

Why were we an underdeveloped bush at independence without a single full fledged university, after 63 years of white rule? With no roads, and near zero infrastructure.

Name me one power plant the whites built.

Do you know that they used to import industrial generators to power their GRAs, then occupied by whites, leaving the rest of Nigeria in darkness?

Name one major hospital they built.

Or even one stadium.

FACT IS THEY DID NOTHING IN 63 YEARS IN POWER.

COUNT YOURSELF LUCKY that you were born after independence, and have the lifestyle your forbears under colonialism could not even dream about.

NONSENSE.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Better If We Had Our Independence In 2000 by Darksider131: 6:49am On Jul 17, 2017
Rossikki:

You are totally deluded. In fact your thinking is TOTALLY UPSIDE DOWN.

Just look at you. You are literate, well fed, and exposed. You even know how to type!!

Did your grandparents or great grandparents have all that?

Were they not illiterate peasants?

OF COURSE THEY WERE.

How do I now?

Because they grew up under colonial rule, when illiteracy was at 95%. At independence. After 63 years of uninterrupted white rule.

Today that figure is down to 25% after just 50 years of black rule, following massive investment in public education by the Nigerian government.

In other words, had the British still been in charge, YOU would have most likely been an illiterate, barefoot palm wine tapper, or a hunter, or a farmer, in the village. At most a tailor, or shoe shiner.

Many of you ignorant, white worshipping slaves don't realise that the whites came here to loot, and nothing else.

COLONIALISM WAS ABOUT LOOTING OUR RESOURCES. THAT IS WHY THE WEST ARE RICH TODAY AND WE ARE JUST STARTING OFF.

Ask yourself, What happened to all out export proceeds from cocoa, palm oil, groundnuts, tin, rubber, iron ore, coal, etc between 1897 and 1960?

These commodities commanded premium prices on the international market.

Why were we an underdeveloped bush at independence without a single full fledged university, after 63 years of white rule? With no roads, and near zero infrastructure.

Name me one power plant the whites built.

Do you know that they used to import industrial generators to power their GRAs, then occupied by whites, leaving the rest of Nigeria in darkness?

Name one major hospital they built.

Or even one stadium.

FACT IS THEY DID NOTHING IN 63 YEARS IN POWER.

COUNT YOURSELF LUCKY that you were born after independence, and have the lifestyle your forbears under colonialism could not even dream about.

NONSENSE.

this people alongside with the Christian missionaries brought education to us in 1842

Dont say they did nothing they built schools which still the best among others today
Road, rail ways etc

Lemme tell you fact: Without this white men coming to Africa
You will be wearing leafs by now.....they stole our resources (that's true) but they opened our eyes too

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Better If We Had Our Independence In 2000 by Darksider131: 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
Cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

I Was Not Appointed To Develop Other Economies – Lai Mohammed / Dear Buhari, Nigeria Is Not A Daycare — Open Letter To Buhari / It Is Not Igbo For Nnamdi Kanu To Call His Igbo Critics Pigs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.