Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

"GLOOMY SUNDAY" A Song That Claimed 130 Lives.. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "GLOOMY SUNDAY" A Song That Claimed 130 Lives.. (427 Views)

Na Dem Dey Rush Us -Song That Started The Slang (Audio) / The Suicide Song That Claimed The Life Of 130 People / Top 10 Gospel Rap Song That Will Change Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"GLOOMY SUNDAY" A Song That Claimed 130 Lives.. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
THE SUICIDE SONG/ Gloomy Sunday
Who else has listened to the Hungarian suicide song - GLOOMY SUNDAY
A song responsible for over for the death of 130people.
In Vienna, a teenage girl drowned herself while clutching a piece of sheet music. In Budapest, a shopkeeper killed himself and left a note that quoted from the lyrics of the same song. In London, a woman overdosed while listening to a record of the song over and over.
Creepy right?? yeah
ABOUT THE WRITER
née Rudi Spitzer a.k.a Seress.
The story goes that after his girlfriend left him, he was so depressed that he wrote the melody that became “Gloomy Sunday.”
years after, Seress himself did commit suicide in 1968, jumping from the window of a Budapest apartment building.
Even the girlfriend that left him, committed suicide too leaving a note behind with (Gloomy Sunday written on it)
The song was allegedly banned for 66years, also in the USA , U.K and many other places
I've played this song over and over again.. play at your own risk

cc: airmark
cc: lalasticala
Re: "GLOOMY SUNDAY" A Song That Claimed 130 Lives.. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 16, 2017
grin

Drop the link..lemme listen..it may put me to sleep..
Re: "GLOOMY SUNDAY" A Song That Claimed 130 Lives.. by Davidson267(m): 6:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
link to the song please
Re: "GLOOMY SUNDAY" A Song That Claimed 130 Lives.. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

Drop the link..lemme listen..it may put me to sleep..
kashybaby i go teach u pidgin even dey come ur house at every opportunity.i dey gidigba
Re: "GLOOMY SUNDAY" A Song That Claimed 130 Lives.. by greatbrian(m): 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
This is the full lyrics of the song

Sunday is gloomy,
My hours are slumberless.
Dearest, the shadows
I live with are numberless.

Little white flowers
Will never awaken you.
Not where the black coach
Of sorrow has taken you.

Angels have no thought
Of ever returning you.
Would they be angry
If I thought of joining you?

Gloomy Sunday

Gloomy is Sunday,
With shadows I spend it all.
My heart and I, have
Decided to end it all.

Soon there'll be candles
And prayers that are said, I know.
Let them not weep,
Let them know that I'm glad to go.

Death is no dream,
For in death I'm caressing you.
With the last breath of my soul,
I'll be blessin' you.

Gloomy Sunday

Dreaming, I was only dreaming.
I wake and I find you asleep
In the deep of my heart, dear.

Darling, I hope that
My dream never haunted you.
My heart is telling you,
How much I wanted you.
Re: "GLOOMY SUNDAY" A Song That Claimed 130 Lives.. by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 17, 2017
Google it

(1) (Reply)

Davido Ft Young Thug & Rae Sremmurd – "Pere (Official Video) / Pls Don Jazzy, Davido, Etc Make My Dream Come Through By Signing Me {emyxcel}. / Jesszbling - Baddest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.