Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,724 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (388752 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Mayorboi(m): 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2018
cheinu:
@ macky naija, please which company did you use for your transcript evaluation, I read on another thread, that TAMUK doesn't accept WES evaluation.

You don't need to evaluate your transcript when applying to Tamuk. Send your unofficial transcript alongside other application documents then get your uni to send an official transcript upon admission.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Joohan: 6:53am On Feb 11, 2018
Weldone, oga macky
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:27am On Feb 17, 2018
I felt I was too tired and busy to continue the thread but...

I am back baibay! cool

Let's go there.

9 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:29am On Feb 17, 2018
Toppytek:

abi wetin u won make I talk.. is there a chance for a proudly 2.2 like me (2.5 to 2.7) on the scale of 5.0 undergraduate to do masters in the US?

So you have work experience?

If yes, this can augment the low GPA.

Give it a try, who no go, no know.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:32am On Feb 17, 2018
mamatwiny:

The chances of getting good job without papers is said to be slim. I also heard H1b visa is on the decrease.
I like USA but my fear is what happens after studies?
They don't have legal pathways for getting prv like Canada.
Please shed pathways to legalise stay after studies.
Legal pathways...

Try your luck with H1B or continue to PhD.
Marry a US citizen

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:32am On Feb 17, 2018
lyrondee:
@mackynaija

is it true that you must work in state you studied?

I just want to clarify an issue
After graduation, you are free to work anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:33am On Feb 17, 2018
Babysho:

Hello. Sorry to disturb you, how much would you estimate your total spending (including tuition/rent/ every little other thing) throughout the 4/5 years you'd be there to be?

Also, how much is tuition without scholarship for the full 4 years and how much is tuition with scholarship for the full 4 years?

Thanks
I am running a Masters program.

I have previously talked about the costs, undergraduate programs cost more.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:35am On Feb 17, 2018
Satansadvocate:
Mackynaija how far nah

no more experience and updates?

Your thread done scanty excess

hope you are doing fine,hope to hear from you very soon
Thanks man. I am good, I took a short break off.

P
THEPOTTER:
finally i complete the whole story. Macky your educational prowess amazes me pls keep it up make buhari proud.
I will make myself proud. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:36am On Feb 17, 2018
orbis:
Macky where you de na....abi spring semester work don pin you down? Lol
I am back boss.

I need to be gingered to deliver this semester like I did the last one.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:37am On Feb 17, 2018
cheinu:
@ macky naija, please which company did you use for your transcript evaluation, I read on another thread, that TAMUK doesn't accept WES evaluation.
My school doesn't accept Evaluated transcripts for my program and I personally avoided schools that did accept that, the WES wahala too much.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Satansadvocate(m): 6:57am On Feb 17, 2018
MackyNaija:

Thanks man. I am good, I took a short break off.

I will make myself proud. smiley

Ok

just imagine that guy talk,Buhari done bath?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by hammed71(m): 9:58am On Feb 17, 2018
Macky welcome back bro
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lyrondee: 12:09pm On Feb 17, 2018
MackyNaija:
After graduation, you are free to work anywhere.
Thanks bro.... Long time How studies bro?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
All has been fine here.

Today is a volunteer activity Saturday...
Preparing to go to school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by beezyblaze(m): 1:44pm On Feb 17, 2018
MackyNaija:
All has been fine here.

Today is a volunteer activity Saturday...
Preparing to go to school.

Hello boss.
I appreciate all you've done on this thread... You might have no idea but you've inspired alot of people with this thread.
Please i have a few questions you might want to help me answer
1) when is the right time to pay tuition fee??
2) Is there a deadline for tuition payment??
3) can one attend classes without paying the tuition like here in nigeria?
And finally does not paying tuition fee make one out of status??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2018
beezyblaze:

Hello boss.
I appreciate all you've done on this thread... You might have no idea but you've inspired alot of people with this thread.
Please i have a few questions you might want to help me answer
1) when is the right time to pay tuition fee??
2) Is there a deadline for tuition payment??
3) can one attend classes without paying the tuition like here in nigeria?
And finally does not paying tuition fee make one out of status??
You are welcome sir,

1. Tuition is best paid after you are sure you have cleared POE and you are going to attend the school

2. Here, you can owe till thy kingdom comes.
You just need to pay up to be ready to register for the new semester.
In UK, school deh call and mail my guy upandan, they even lock his online profile. Blocks his access to school work.

3. Whenever you stop registering for courses, you fall outta status. Normal semesters here require you to take 3 courses, you can do less with authorization e.g final semester of thesis work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by beezyblaze(m): 2:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
MackyNaija:

You are welcome sir,

1. Tuition is best paid after you are sure you have cleared POE and you are going to attend the school

In UK, school deh call and mail my guy upandan, they even lock his online profile. Blocks his access to school work.

3. Whenever you stop registering for courses, you fall outta status. Normal semesters here require you to take 3 courses, you can do less with authorization e.g final semester of thesis work.

Thank you boss....
I appreciate
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lyrondee: 11:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
MackyNaija:

You are welcome sir,

Thanks macky... i just understood something better bro....
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by beezyblaze(m): 12:27am On Feb 18, 2018
Please one last favour...
Can i send you a pm please?
Just one
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:28pm On Feb 19, 2018
beezyblaze:
Please one last favour...
Can i send you a pm please?
Just one
I rarely check the mail attached to this account.
E fit reach december before I open am. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by beezyblaze(m): 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2018
MackyNaija:

Chai...
So there's no way I can message you outside this forum??
Chai...
Alright bro.
Thanks for the thread so far grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lyrondee: 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
MackyNaija:

Bro... i wan ask....
For somebody resuming during the spring session which i heard its like second semester,does he/she have to pay total tuition for the complete year i.e fall&spring?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by adesbaba: 9:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
Macky

Can I apply to any business or mgt science courses without gmat...
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2018
lyrondee:

Bro... i wan ask....
For somebody resuming during the spring session which i heard its like second semester,does he/she have to pay total tuition for the complete year i.e fall&spring?

Don't see it like a second semester, it's a freshman semester like every other semester.
You pay for what you consume, Spring first then the next Fall after that.

adesbaba:
Macky

Can I apply to any business or mgt science courses without gmat...
How do you standout from other applicants??
By taking standardized tests and blasting them.

Also, tests make you desirable in the eyes of the visa interviewing officers at the embassy.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lyrondee: 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2018
MackyNaija:

Don't see it like a second semester, it's a freshman semester like every other semester.
You pay for what you consume, Spring first then the next Fall after that.
Thanks bro... So what if i apply for the spring session and i got a good scholarship which is reneweable... say a $12000 scholarship while tuition per semester is $8000, dat means d scholarship go cover the whole spring semester before going into the next academic calender?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by beezyblaze(m): 3:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
Bro...you've been in the states for a while now... Please how's football over there??
I'm an amateur footballer and and 18 years of age... I'm considering coming to the states to play football... Probably for a semi pro team or an academy but dont know how to go about it.
I thought of applying for an f1 visa but I'll definitely be out of status because i might not go for classes and i don't want anything that will jeopardize my stay in the states or that will come back and haunt me later in the future...
Please do you have any advice for me??
Probably if there's any academy around or something.
My flight fare and all is intact.
My plan is to enter usa in the rightest way and with my mind at rest ...Nothing else.
sorry if my question might be silly..
I just dont want to make any mistake..
Thanks.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2018
lyrondee:

Thanks bro... So what if i apply for the spring session and i got a good scholarship which is reneweable... say a $12000 scholarship while tuition per semester is $8000, dat means d scholarship go cover the whole spring semester before going into the next academic calender?
I gave an example earlier based on how it happens in my school - scholarships have terms that differ based on the institution.

If you get it before resuming for Fall 2019 -
You get to pay in-state tuition for Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020.
Plus a $1000 that is split into two semesters and subtracted from your fees.

If you get it before resuming for Spring 2020 -
You get to pay in-state tuition for Spring 2020 and Summer 2020.
Most people don't take summer classes or take just one course instead of two.
The effect of the scholarship is reduced here.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
If you get it before resuming for Summer 2020 -
You can shift and activate it for Fall 2020 and get to pay in-state tuition for Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021.

At any point you can't maintain a 3.25GPA, you loose the scholarship.
I have seen several people loose it.

Find out if your $12k scholarship is per semester or per academic year.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lyrondee: 5:13pm On Feb 21, 2018
MackyNaija:

I gave an example earlier based on how it happens in my school - scholarships have terms that differ based on the institution.

If you get it before resuming for Fall 2019 -
You get to pay in-state tuition for Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020.

If you get it before resuming for Spring 2020 -
You get to pay in-state tuition for Spring 2020 and Summer 2020.
Most people don't take summer classes or take just one course instead of two.
The effect of the scholarship is reduced here.

I Now understand bro...
Thanks for the detailed response
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lyrondee: 5:15pm On Feb 21, 2018
MackyNaija:
If you get it before resuming for Summer 2020 -
You can shift and activate it for Fall 2020 and get to pay in-state tuition for Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021.

At any point you can't maintain a 3.25GPA, you loose the scholarship.
I have seen several people loose it.

Find out if your $12k scholarship is per semester or per academic year.
Its actually per year... Buh some of these schools wont put these terms on their website...
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2018
lyrondee:

Its actually per year... Buh some of these schools wont put these terms on their website...
So prepare to pay the balance.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lyrondee: 7:51pm On Feb 21, 2018
MackyNaija:
So prepare to pay the balance.
Thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.