Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? (12282 Views)

Who Was Nigeria's Bravest Soldier? / Trade By Barter Market Effective In Cross River After 63 Years / Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by ezeagu(m): 6:15am On Jul 20, 2017
Rossikki:
You must be drunk. Is any of that crap you posted comparable to Abuja, Calabar, Uyo, Enugu, and many parts of Lagos?

D you think any of those pictures are impressive or stand out from any other selective stream of images of an isolated affluent area in any third world country? Show us the downtown night life of Abuja, not clubs, something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYfPAoEW19o

I hope you're not talking about Lekki that doubles as a river and a lake every year or neighbourhoods in Abuja with mansions and huge heaps of trash by the side when you're comparing to oil camps with full electricity, running water, and sanitation.

There are over a billion Chinese first of all, secondly Chinese or any other east Asians are not represented among boat people in the Mediterranean like Nigerians are. And at least you know Nigerians are so desperate that they feel that they need to push drugs abroad and commit other crimes, while folks from other sides of the country either strap bombs to themselves at command or try their luck with severed human heads.

I'm sure east Asian countries have no help from their culture and long history of education and hard work ethic, right? Keep telling yourself that.

3 Likes

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by freshest4live: 6:56am On Jul 20, 2017
ezeagu:

D you think any of those pictures are impressive or stand out from any other selective stream of images of an isolated affluent area in any third world country? Show us the downtown night life of Abuja, not clubs, something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYfPAoEW19o

I hope you're not talking about Lekki that doubles as a river and a lake every year or neighbourhoods in Abuja with mansions and huge heaps of trash by the side when you're comparing to oil camps with full electricity, running water, and sanitation.

There are over a billion Chinese first of all, secondly Chinese or any other east Asians are not represented among boat people in the Mediterranean like Nigerians are. And at least you know Nigerians are so desperate that they feel that they need to push drugs abroad and commit other crimes, while folks from other sides of the country either strap bombs to themselves at command or try their luck with severed human heads.

I'm sure east Asian countries have no help from their culture and long history of education and hard work ethic, right? Keep telling yourself that.
People who are making it in Nigeria even from poverty have no business traveling out to go push drugs, others in Nigeria just like the Chinese, travel to the west to get quality education. To grow, the world depends on western education and that is why the Asian tigers travel to the West for education more than you find in the reverse.
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2017
Rossikki:

It is asinine to compare Japan with Nigeria, given the history of both nations. One is a developing nation, One is an industrialised power. That alone, without going into their history, should be enough to let a sensible person avoid comparing the two in any way.. But not you. In your queer world, the world is one blank equal slate, where everyone should all be on the same page and level. Or else those ''below'' are ''stupid'', ''ignorant'', ''useless'', unintelligent and worthless. You have the sensibilities of a two year old to be frank.

Yaawwn. Israel is another WESTERN satellite artificial ''Tiger economy'' placed in the Middle east by the west, filled with rich migrant Europeans going by the name of Jews, and funded to the tune of billions of dollars per annum by the US and other allied nations. That's a lot of dough for just 8 million people isn't it? What else would they do with all that money but establish businesses, innovate, and stuff? Again, comparing them with Nigeria, with its 300 cobbled together ethnic groups, its religuous divide, its 200 million population, and askinh why weare notblike Israel, is just madness.

3000 ethnic groups a problem?
Can you now see why balkanization will be good for us?
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

3000 ethnic groups a problem?
Can you now see why balkanization will be good for us?
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Rossikki: 9:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
ezeagu:

No. They will not be impressive to you because they are in Nigeria and you are a self hating Uncle Tom filled with racial inferiority complex. If those images I posted came from Vietnam, you would use them, and be proud to use them to attack us. Self-hater. Abeg commot for my face, f.cking slave boy. I know your type, and you disgust me. Go and wash their toilets in Vietnam, assuming they let your black face near them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Nowenuse: 1:15am On Jul 21, 2017
Gerrard59:

I do not know how long you have known Nairaland, but if I'm judge by your year of registration, then permit to say you are a newbie to OP's way of life. OP blames the white man for everything in Nigeria even not constructing portable roads in every nook and cranny of a place and supplying water to her residents.

Well, everyone is interested in what s/he can gain from the next person (humans are naturally greedy), but that is not an excuse for Nigeria's inability to provide uninterrupted power supply to her citizens after nearly 57 years. Something Faraday performed as an experiment in 1831.

I am a newbie to this thread and i have come across Rossikki on other threads. What you are saying about him is absolutely untrue and exaggerative. He does not go about blaming whites for our woes. I see him as just a very realistic enlightened mind who readily juxtaposes historical and present day realities, giving us Nigerians and Africans hopes and the reason to believe in ourselves by understanding the roots of our predicaments.

I think people like you just extremely exaggerate his personality and message to symbolize complete complacency and inability to take responsibilities for our woes which is not supposed to be.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Nowenuse: 1:23am On Jul 21, 2017
Rossikki:

Mr bodyguard for white men, you mistake my identifying white theft and brigandage for "blaming whites for our problems". The trouble with your mindset is that it allows imperialism to thrive, by turning a blind eye to it and pretending it doesn't exist. This further ensnares you in the trap of imperialists, as you welcome their exploitation with open arms. Rather than insisting they invest in technology within your territory, you let them get away with merely establishing extractive industries that take and put nothing back. Because you have a "don't blame them for anything" mentality, they come here and people like you treat them like gods, even as they take and take and put nothing back. Stand up. Be a man, and insist on your rights, not just from your own countrymen and leaders, but from all external partners.

I am a lover of your messages.

Any Black african that openly denies the presence of a powerful invisible present-day imperial force by the whites on our people is just blind to that fact.
It's not as if we cannot do better than we are now, no, we can, but there will still be a limit to what we can achieve.

How do you suggest we can stand up and insist on our own rights as you mentioned in your last sentences?

3 Likes

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Nowenuse: 1:28am On Jul 21, 2017
Rossikki:

Togo? The GDP per capita of Togo is $590 per annum. Nigeria's is $2,700. This is average earning per person. Togo has a population of 7.5 million. Nigeria 200 million. It makes far better economic sense for a Biafran industrialist to establish his car plant in NIGERIA and export to Togo, if they'll accept his cars, rather than sinking funds in Togo with little room for expansion, low patronage, and low profits.

And all this is assuming that France allows Togo to allow you become competition for their Peugeot and other cars already there. You'll be shocked at the power a single phone call from Paris or London can have on some of these small African states.

Finally, even if the above were inapplicable, and it all went smoothly for the Biafran industrialist, who really benefits from his investment in Togo? HIM. And maybe some Togolese employees. The returns certainly won't go to Biafra. Dangote is building refineries and factories in places like Tanzania and Senegal. Is the money he's making reaching you?

I always wished i could re-like your posts. People like Warship and his extremist car-go fellow seccesionist passengers only learn from series of bitter lessons. .......Very very wishful and heavily deluded thinkers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
I agree that the amount of white people worship on this site is sickening especially with the fact that many white people dislike Africans and look down on blacks in general.

People should not be worshiping other people. They should only worship God. White people are no better than Nigerians are.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
Rossikki:
50 years is a ridiculously short time to expect Nigeria to be an advanced country.

You are a true patriot, I commend you.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
Warship:

It took 30 years for Singapore to transform from a poor to a rich country

50 years is too much of a waste

Singapore does not have anywhere near the amount of diversity Nigeria has. I guess a better comparison would be to India as they have various ethnic groups as well.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
freshest4live:

People who are making it in Nigeria even from poverty have no business traveling out to go push drugs, others in Nigeria just like the Chinese, travel to the west to get quality education. To grow, the world depends on western education and that is why the Asian tigers travel to the West for education more than you find in the reverse.

Sorry my brother, there is no such thing as Western education.

The problem with Nigeria today, due to the Western (predominately American) propaganda train is that everything positive is always associated or affiliated with the West. I can assure you there are tons of flaws within the Western world as well.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2017
Nowenuse:

I am a lover of your messages.

Any Black african that openly denies the presence of a powerful invisible present-day imperial force by the whites on our people is just blind to that fact.
It's not as if we cannot do better than we are now, no, we can, but there will still be a limit to what we can achieve.

How do you suggest we can stand up and insist on our own rights as you mentioned in your last sentences?

This is nicely said, I suggest that Nigeria stop trying to cooperate with countries like the U.S. and England (Kenya did and see how far they have come along). Many of the Western countries genuinely want to see Nigeria fail! This is not a lie, they have deceived a lot of our useless leaders over the years.

Another thing is just getting better leaders who do not deceive the people into this ethnic hating and religious bigotry. The leaders are largely to blame.

If you have been following the news, Russians have been supplying Nigeria with good weaponry and China in a way has developed quite a lot of nice things for Nigeria. I'm not saying to trust these nations, but they sure as heck are more trustworthy than Western nations for trade.
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Deedeedee3: 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

Singapore does not have anywhere near the amount of diversity Nigeria has. I guess a better comparison would be to India as they have various ethnic groups as well.
Indian is not developed also. So why should we continue to be underdeveloped like them?
Nigeria will be better disintegrated.
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
Deedeedee3:

Indian is not developed also. So why should we continue to be underdeveloped like them?
Nigeria will be better disintegrated.

India whilst to many still considered a third-world nation is doing better than many Western nations. They have the 3RD largest GDP in the world (only after China and the United States). They are doing much better than Nigeria.

Sure there are still undeveloped regions in India, but that is also the case with the United States and China. There is not one country (except maybe Switzerland, but come on it's a small country), that does not have underdeveloped regions.
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Deedeedee3: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

This is nicely said, I suggest that Nigeria stop trying to corporate with countries like the U.S. and England (Kenya did and see how far they have come along). Many of the Western countries genuinely want to see Nigeria fail! This is not a lie, they have deceived a lot of our useless leaders over the years.

Another thing is just getting better leaders who do not deceive the people into this ethnic hating and religious bigotry. The leaders are largely to blame.

If you have been following the news, Russians have been supplying Nigeria with good weaponry and China in a way has developed quite a lot of nice things for Nigeria. I'm not saying to trust these nations, but they sure as heck are more trustworthy than Western nations for trade.
Stop saying bullshiit! Why will the white want Nigeria to fail when they are the same people that created the country? You use their language as your official language. The same white people will not want Nigeria to disintegrate, why is that so? Are the whites the reason why you have bad system of government? Why are some Nigerian's against restructuring? Is it because of the western countries?
Let me start from you. Do you support Nigeria going back to regional system of govenance?
Let me see your reply

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Deedeedee3:

Stop saying bullshiit! Why will the white want Nigeria to fail when they are the same people that created the country? You use their language as your official language. The same white people will not want Nigeria to disintegrate, why is that so? Are the whites the reason why you have bad system of government? Why are some Nigerian's against restructuring? Is it because of the western countries?
Let me start from you. Do you support Nigeria going back to regional system of govenance?
Let me see your reply

Is this a joke? I will have to pardon your level of naivety. There are so many instances in which America has wanted Nigeria to fail. They attempted to sell Nigeria broken-down crop duster planes for war much higher than market value. Planes that are worth no more than $40,000 USD and they attempted to sell it to Nigeria at $5 million dollars per plane. I have to be honest with you, but your naivety is exactly what Rossiki is referring to.

They created this country and? What did they do? They stole valuable possessions that have still not been returned to Nigeria to this day. A lot of Nigerian money was taken to the U.K. and still has not been returned to this day, and we can expect never to see that money in our lifetime.

The United States have sent over economic frauds during the time of foolish Babangida to further devalue the Nigerian naira.

I'm sorry but if you do not see the reason why a Western nation wants to usurp power only for itself, then you are completely unaware of what is going on. Western nations do not help others, that is all false propaganda which is what people like you and many of the women in Nigeria have fallen for.

Why have an African nation rise? That would be the biggest nightmare for a Western nation. Something they do not definitely want to see. You really believe that white nations which refer to you as "monkey" want to see you succeed? Wake up!

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Deedeedee3: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

India whilst to many still considered a third-world nation is doing better than many Western nations. They have the 3RD largest GDP in the world (only after China and the United States). They are doing much better than Nigeria.

Sure there are still undeveloped regions in India, but that is also the case with the United States and China. There is not one country (except maybe Switzerland, but come on it's a small country), that does not have underdeveloped regions.
See this ignorant man! India is shit compared to European countries not to talk of its fellow Asian countries like Japan, south korea and even North korea.
India does not have the 3rd largest GDP in the world. Japan is the 3rd, followed by germany and then the U.K.
India has a lot of poor people. When i meam by poor, i mean Extremely poor!!!
GDP is not one of the criteria that determines a country's standard of living; It is GDP per capita.
It is expected that withtheir large population, their GDP should be higher
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2017
Deedeedee3:

See this ignorant man! India is shit compared to European countries not to talk of its fellow Asian countries like Japan, south korea and even North korea.
India does not have the 3rd largest GDP in the world. Japan is the 3rd, followed by germany and then the U.K.
India has a lot of poor people. When i meam by poor, i mean Extremely poor!!!
GDP is not one of the criteria that determines a country's standard of living; It is GDP per capita.
It is expected that withtheir large population, their GDP should be higher

Ok now I know that you absolutely have no idea what is going on, nor do you read. In the past 15 years India has grown tremendously. I feel as if I am wasting my time. Europe has a lot of people that are extremely destitute so you are not really making any sense. There is not one country (except maybe Switzerland) that does not have a significant population of poor/destitute people (and yes I am referring to extremely poor).

I think instead of shooting out of your hip, perhaps you should do more research to validate the rubbish you are posting. You would do anything to justify your kissing of white behind huh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Deedeedee3: 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

Is this a joke? I will have to pardon your level of naivety. There are so many instances in which America has wanted Nigeria to fail. They attempted to sell Nigeria broken-down crop duster planes for war much higher than market value. Planes that are worth no more than $40,000 USD and they attempted to sell it to Nigeria at $5 million dollars per plane. I have to be honest with you, but your naivety is exactly what Rossiki is referring to.

They created this country and? What did they do? They stole valuable possessions that have still not been returned to Nigeria to this day. A lot of Nigerian money was taken to the U.K. and still has not been returned to this day, and we can expect never to see that money in our lifetime.

The United States have sent over economic frauds during the time of foolish Babangida to further devalue the Nigerian naira.

I'm sorry but if you do not see the reason why a Western nation wants to usurp power only for itself, then you are completely unaware of what is going on. Western nations do not help others, that is all false propaganda which is what people like you and many of the women in Nigeria have fallen for.

Why have an African nation rise? That would be the biggest nightmare for a Western nation. Something they do not definitely want to see. You really believe that white nations which refer to you as "monkey" want to see you succeed? Wake up!
Baba mi, you are a funny man. You are still blaming the wjites for your problems. Why are the Asians developing? Why is India poor? Is it because of the whites?
Let me ask you a simple question.
Do you support Nigeria to go back to regional system of government?
Yes or No
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
Deedeedee3:

Baba mi, you are a funny man. You are still blaming the wjites for your problems. Why are the Asians developing? Why is India poor? Is it because of the whites?
Let me ask you a simple question.
Do you support Nigeria to go back to regional system of government?
Yes or No

If your inability to comprehend anything I have wrote thus far is any indication of what the Original Poster (Rossikki) has been saying, then I agree with everything he has said. The colonial powers stole a lot that they never returned and CONTINUE to steal a lot from this nation however, people like you turn a blind eye. Which begs the question, are you even Nigerian?

You do realise that India is in Asia right? India is continue to develop and it is AN ASIAN nation. Part of the reason why India is so strong today is because they have borders to defend (mainly against Pakistan and China). Nigeria has no regional threats to worry about so this country continues to wallow in corruption.

I do not support Nigeria reverting to a regional system of government because that is exactly what the west wants, a weakened nation state.

If you have done any modicum of research, you SHOULD know this, however, it seems as if I am talking to someone who just shouts without providing any evidence what so ever.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by truereligion999: 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
Most people are where they are today because they do not have the courage to do what their mates do to be wealthy. Knowledge is wealth, Be wise The Great Indian Temple Of Riches do not take life to grant wealth or any wish of mankind. Many you see today in big houses, cars, Politics, Big businesses are all made what they are today by TRUE RELIGION. Seek from us with your material sacrifice and you will be happy and wealthy forever. We can help you solve any thing that is bothering you in life...

The spells that we do involve healing, love, harmony, wealth, wisdom, prosperity, elevation in any positions and creativity. Instant Invocation Of Money. The potions that we stir might be a headache remedy, a cold tonic, money spell, friendship oil, love casts, or an herbal flea bath for our pets. We strive to gain knowledge and use the natural remedies to solve all earthly problems.

I conjure, invoke, summon, predict, and heal whatever sickness without mistakes or repetitions. I also render divine advise in Business or any area that is of your interest that is confusing you.

Contact us on: +2348025370154,WhatsApp us on same number or Email us on truereligion0999@gmail.com.....

TRUE RELIGION INNER TEMPLE is here to help everybody no matter how your situation may be, once you call on us we will stand for you and fight for you, we have helped a lot of people from all over the world. Places like Ghana. Nigeria.south Africa and lots more, any one who has problem and keep to his or her self should be ready to face death and poverty forever and anyone who has problem and call on us should be ready to enjoy life in abundance and be free forever we don't stain our selves with blood but we use natural materials and animals to perform our sacrifices and not with human blood. Before the cold water will boil it will go through heat and before the gold will glitter it will go through fire and also before you can bend iron it will go through heat.

No matter how the condition is to you just choose to be part of us and enjoy life eternaly. Come and be free for ever......
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
truereligion999:
Most people are where they are today because they do not have the courage to do what their mates do to be wealthy. Knowledge is wealth, Be wise The Great Indian Temple Of Riches do not take life to grant wealth or any wish of mankind. Many you see today in big houses, cars, Politics, Big businesses are all made what they are today by TRUE RELIGION. Seek from us with your material sacrifice and you will be happy and wealthy forever. We can help you solve any thing that is bothering you in life...

The spells that we do involve healing, love, harmony, wealth, wisdom, prosperity, elevation in any positions and creativity. Instant Invocation Of Money. The potions that we stir might be a headache remedy, a cold tonic, money spell, friendship oil, love casts, or an herbal flea bath for our pets. We strive to gain knowledge and use the natural remedies to solve all earthly problems.

I conjure, invoke, summon, predict, and heal whatever sickness without mistakes or repetitions. I also render divine advise in Business or any area that is of your interest that is confusing you.

Contact us on: +2348025370154,WhatsApp us on same number or Email us on truereligion0999@gmail.com.....

TRUE RELIGION INNER TEMPLE is here to help everybody no matter how your situation may be, once you call on us we will stand for you and fight for you, we have helped a lot of people from all over the world. Places like Ghana. Nigeria.south Africa and lots more, any one who has problem and keep to his or her self should be ready to face death and poverty forever and anyone who has problem and call on us should be ready to enjoy life in abundance and be free forever we don't stain our selves with blood but we use natural materials and animals to perform our sacrifices and not with human blood. Before the cold water will boil it will go through heat and before the gold will glitter it will go through fire and also before you can bend iron it will go through heat.

No matter how the condition is to you just choose to be part of us and enjoy life eternaly. Come and be free for ever......

WTAF
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
And the blame game continues ...

It is the West who instruct your local government chairman to embezzle public funds put in his care for projects within his LGA; it is US, UK ... who influence your governor negatively and dissuade him to pay salaries of civil servants in his state.

The same Western powers are responsible for the humongous salaries and allowances of the Senate — both upper and lower chambers — who feed fat on financial resources meant for the citizenry.

The West can also be blamed for the fact that PMB performs woefully in his dispensation, for failing to do anything tangible and appoint ministers within the first six months of this administration, for failing to resign honorably based on his abysmal health conditions instead of wasting our common wealth on his medical leave.

Some deluded people actually believe the West can do all these and much more. The West must have a godship status in their minds.

Corrupt people will always support the fraudulent ways of their paymasters, from which they get crumbs of the "National Cake".

But some people who support the evil ways of our leaders are actually worse than the first set, whose support is rewarded with crumbs.

The second class of people are either tribal or religious bigots, whose selfish and parochial interests have beclouded their sense of reasoning to the extent that their so-called knowledge is of no altruistic benefit to the society. While they see themselves as intelligent beings, their acts of parochiality make them quite obtuse.

Such people will compare the achievements of the colonialists of this country's pre-Independence era with the performances of the Nigerian leaders since 1960.

Do these people actually know the meaning of the term, "colonialism"? Are these half-baked intellectuals any different from the ignorant folks who still clamor for colonial rule in this day and age, a wish based on the longtime problem of poor leadership in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by freshest4live: 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

The third largest GDP in the world is Japan not lndia. India has GDP of 2.074 trillion dollars for a population of 1.2 Billion, hence a lower GDP per capita than Nigeria, but they are ahead in technology and influence.
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by jmoore(m): 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2017
A country of more than 100 million people battling to generate 6,000 megawatts from 1960 till date. And you are still blaming white men. You should hide your face in shame.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2017
freshest4live:

The third largest GDP in the world is Japan not lndia. India has GDP of 2.074 trillion dollars for a population of 1.2 Billion, hence a lower GDP per capita than Nigeria, but they are ahead in technology and influence.

Do I have to link the link again or are people just blindly posting rubbish:

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by freshest4live: 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

Do I have to link the link again or are people just blindly posting rubbish:

You are giving us PPP, go through your link again and click on GDP nominal.
Learn the difference between PPP and Nominal figure. lndia is nowhere near third largest GDP even with their population.
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
freshest4live:

You are giving us PPP, go through your link again and click on GDP nominal.
Learn the difference between PPP and Nominal figure. lndia is nowhere near third largest GDP even with their population.

PPP is the most important kind of GDP as it gives you the purchasing power of a country. You are looking at it from a per person earning PoV.

"GDP comparisons using PPP are arguably more useful than those using nominal GDP (see List of countries by GDP (nominal)) when assessing a nation's domestic market because PPP takes into account the relative cost of local goods, services and inflation rates of the country, rather than using international market exchange rates which may distort the real differences in per capita income. It is however limited when measuring financial flows between countries. PPP is often used to gauge global poverty thresholds and is used by the United Nations in constructing the human development index. These surveys such as the International Comparison Program include both tradable and non-tradable goods in an attempt to estimate a representative basket of all goods."

That excerpt is taken from Investopedia.

It does not matter how much in denial many of you are here, it is what it is. India's GDP is #3. There is no other GDP more important than PPP
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
National wealth is often assessed by GDP PPP, (ask any econ major or someone who graduated from a reputable Econ programme). My background is vastly in Computer Science, however, I still have an extremely strong mathematical foundation to back up what I say and the research to back it up as well.
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Sagay212: 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
EmeeNaka:
British colonial masters are better leaders than Nigeria animalistic politicians.
Op, stop whining.

something must be really wrong with the Op...I really do not understand the rubbish comparison he is trying hard to make. If the whites were still in control. things would have been far better than now. At least we go get light.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Jonathan Visits Patience In Germany / El-rufai Donates Land To Methodist Church / EFCC To Push For Diezani’s Extradition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.