Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt (19510 Views)

Alisson Becker Wins Yachine Trophy At Ballon D'or In France / Alisson Becker Wins The Best FIFA Men's Goalkeeper 2019 Award / #WorldCup: Alisson Becker, Brazil’s Goalkeeper Goes Viral (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by lsoul: 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by humblenature: 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
OYA COLLET..

ICELAND .. OLAFSVIK VS AKRANNES X2 UNDER 4.5 ........2.50 ODDS
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
thorpido:
Anyone can lose money in investments.It has nothing to do with Nigeria like some people have commented online.Some made money from the unstable financial markets.

You never study the market. Wetin U sabi? Mschew. Go and find out what is happening. No let pant de wear you
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by newoffer: 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2017
humblenature:
OYA COLLET..
ICELAND .. OLAFSVIK VS AKRANNES X2 UNDER 4.5 ........2.50 ODDS

Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by poweredcom(m): 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2017
ohhh nigeria is a shame
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by thorpido(m): 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
dadaic:

You never study the market. Wetin U sabi? Mschew. Go and find out what is happening. No let pant de wear you
Which one be never study market?Why do you have the bear and the bull?
You need financial intelligence and expertise to invest.There are always going to be gains or losses.You just need to know how to play.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by holatin(m): 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
officialdayo:

He actually typed something meaningful. Investment is a very critical decision. If you know about investing or if you've ever invested up to #200M in a company, you'll know he made alot of sense. While picking investment, you have to be very careful. I do not know the guy's profile but your board and investment team alone can't guarantee you a perfect ROI. The best investment is in that industry where you are good at.
I know he did sir
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by Abagworo(m): 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
Leonbonapart:
Sorry Mr Legend no vex. We have a cursed president, everything has turned upside down in Nigeria since he assumed position. People die like chicken.

Oga no vex, in the days of Jonathan it was not so

Nigeria sold their head to buy cap

Shine your eye. It happened during the leadership of Jonathan himself. The corruption grand commander.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by callmenow: 3:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
Abagworo:

Shine your eye. It happened during the leadership of Jonathan himself. The corruption grand commander.

Boris did not lose any money in Nigeria. Which kind company did he invest in? Read http://nationalwitness.com/index.php/2017/07/17/boris-becker-really-involved-nigerian-sting/ We are too quick to read and imbibe racist online publications. Daily Mail hates Nigerians. That includes you! Go to the original daily mail article and look at the comment.

Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by Gerrard59(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
"Remaining assets will be disposed of to pay creditors. Among earlier cash woes, Becker was landed with divorce and paternity settlements in 2001 totaling more than £20million – to his first wife, Barbara, and Angela Ermakova, the Russian model who had his baby after a brief encounter in a London restaurant."

Sagamite is right. Not just losing investments but having to pay divorce and paternity (this can be understood) settlements.

A man has got be extremely logical before and during marriage.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by Habeyy(m): 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Oil is a bad investment

It doesn't matter what country you invested in

He didn't lose the money, the money is there but it will take time to get his investments back

The Nigerian oil is the richest and the purest, that's why Nigeria is in competition with Iran the mass oil exporter, if you sell 1 barrel of oil for $50, Iran will sell 20 barrels for $20

Let him hang in there, he will get his money back in due time

Invest in stocks and real estate, you will never lose money
wow nice one.. .i think I can learn from you bro
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by sshalom(m): 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
thorpido:
Anyone can lose money in investments.It has nothing to do with Nigeria like some people have commented online.Some made money from the unstable financial markets.

Absolutely true.

It is also inconceivable that Becker invested the whole of his fortune in Nigeria!
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by 400billionman: 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Oil is a bad investment

It doesn't matter what country you invested in

He didn't lose the money, the money is there but it will take time to get his investments back

The Nigerian oil is the richest and the purest, that's why Nigeria is in competition with Iran the mass oil exporter, if you sell 1 barrel of oil for $50, Iran will sell 20 barrels for $20

Let him hang in there, he will get his money back in due time

Invest in stocks and real estate, you will never lose money

Stocks are not solid investment.

Nothing compares Real Estate..
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by thorpido(m): 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2017
sshalom:

Absolutely true.

It is also inconceivable that Becker invested the whole of his fortune in Nigeria!
Someone must have sold him the idea that returns in Nigeria is most guaranteed.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by 400billionman: 4:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
Imagine he invested in Abuja or Lagos property market.
Smh.
Oil is a volatile commodity that can make one instantly rich or instantly poor.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
thorpido:
Which one be never study market?Why do you have the bear and the bull?
You need financial intelligence and expertise to invest.There are always going to be gains or losses.You just need to know how to play.

You are not smart at all. I have no reason to engage talks with you.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by thorpido(m): 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
dadaic:

You are not smart at all. I have no reason to engage talks with you.
Mr Smart...............now GTFO.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by madjune(m): 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
holatin:

nice and best comment of the day, brother pls can you give small pieces of your brain to some nairalander.

a lot of kids with no brain and access to internet now full nairaland yarning rubbish

They're called millennials in saner climes.

Here, we call them indomie generation.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by francesclxg: 6:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
kennygee:
Nigerian Oil firms?

Those are like bottomless pits to invest your money.

The only Money Nigerian Business men don't mismanage is their own personal money, they mismanage bank loans, that's why AMCON pursues them day and night.

They also mismanage investors funds by living lavishly above their means.
What u just described is a classic example of Moral Hazard. It describes a situation whereby one party takes excessive risk knowing that he doesn't have to pay for the consequences. ..
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by bejeria101(m): 6:53pm On Jul 17, 2017
Keneking:
Jonathan sef embarassed embarassed
Buhari sef!
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by holatin(m): 7:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
madjune:

They're called millennials in saner climes.
Here, we call them indomie generation.
OGA mi sir, long time now

1 Like

Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 17, 2017
thorpido:
Mr Smart...............now GTFO.

When you gather brains. Let me know.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by madjune(m): 8:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
holatin:
OGA mi sir, long time now

Holler me.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by holatin(m): 9:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
madjune:

Holler me.
no longer use bbm, add me on whatsapp instead
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by thorpido(m): 11:27pm On Jul 17, 2017
dadaic:

When you gather brains. Let me know.
You want me to gather for you?No,It will be a waste even if I did.I can't waste my energy for what you can't make use of.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 18, 2017
thorpido:
You want me to gather for you?No,It will be a waste even if I did.I can't waste my energy for what you can't make use of.

Learn to write well brother.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by madjune(m): 5:03am On Jul 18, 2017
holatin:
no longer use bbm, add me on whatsapp instead

Ok. Yea BBM is dead.
Send me your number on Junezoos@yahoo.com
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by thorpido(m): 6:51am On Jul 18, 2017
dadaic:

Learn to write well brother.
You're seeking attention.
You claim to be smart but you haven't made any contribution to the topic except just blab......'not smart'.
You can't even say anything about the financial market in Nigeria(obviously because you know nothing).
I know you're trolling.......................continue.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 18, 2017
thorpido:
You claim to be smart but you haven't made any contribution to the topic except just blab......'not smart'.
You can't even say anything about the financial market in Nigeria(obviously because you know nothing).

Lol. Lmao. Your comment had nothing. But had many likes. What contribution did you make? If you think your comment was a contribution, lol, you are lame. Worse than Patience Jonathan. You should hug a cactus.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by holatin(m): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2017
madjune:

Ok. Yea BBM is dead. Send me your number on Junezoos@yahoo.com
same one on my signature
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 18, 2017
thorpido:

Hi everyone,
Please i have a project that I want to see come to fruition and I need your partnership.There's someone who posted on the suicide thread and i want to help out with her situation.
Her story is that she got pregnant as a student and that obviously affected her academics and she has an extra year in school.
Her parents have their hands off her situation and has told her to sort herself out.I want to help out here and see her clear the extra year and graduate.She needs N82,400 for school fees and accomodation.I'll be paying part of this but I can't raise all the sum now and needs the help of anyone who is willing to partner with me.You can pay money into the account below;

T****** O******i
Stanbic Bank
Acc.no:9201****22

Thanks.

I guess you joined this platform in '07, you send a response in '15 asking people to help someone? (Who is seeking attention)? If you had a business thriving in the country, I suppose you wouldn't have posted something like this. You would have helped the lady without coming on this forum to announce your dumb self. I can't bring myself too low to talking to you, or bringing a contribution that you may never ever understand. I can't introduce new ideas to your fishbrain. Please grow some sense first.
Re: Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt by thorpido(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2017
dadaic:

Hi everyone,
Please i have a project that I want to see come to fruition and I need your partnership.There's someone who posted on the suicide thread and i want to help out with her situation.
Her story is that she got pregnant as a student and that obviously affected her academics and she has an extra year in school.
Her parents have their hands off her situation and has told her to sort herself out.I want to help out here and see her clear the extra year and graduate.She needs N82,400 for school fees and accomodation.I'll be paying part of this but I can't raise all the sum now and needs the help of anyone who is willing to partner with me.You can pay money into the account below;

T****** O******i
Stanbic Bank
Acc.no:9201****22

Thanks.

I guess you joined this platform in '07, you send a response in '15 asking people to help someone? (Who is seeking attention)? If you had a business thriving in the country, I suppose you wouldn't have posted something like this. You would have helped the lady without coming on this forum to announce your dumb self. I can't bring myself too low to talking to you, or bringing a contribution that you may never ever understand. I can't introduce new ideas to your fishbrain. Please grow some sense first.
My last response to you.
You're obviously one of those puerile teenagers on this forum.If you understand what that thread was about,you would not have bothered putting that here.
Get the attention you crave somewhere else.

OK bye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

18-Year-Old Silas Nwankwo Joins Swedish Football Club, Mjällby AIF / Oliseh Ill, Flown Back To Belgium / NFF Target Kevin Akpoguma Scores Bundesliga's 1000th Own Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.