Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes (68316 Views)

Airtel Launches New Data Plan N1,500 For 7gb And N2,500 For 11gb / Latest Glo Data Plan 2018, Prices, Codes To Subscribe And Activate / Ntel Launches Unlimited Night Plan For Just N500 Without Speed Throttling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by Proffdada: 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
dustmalik:

Please stop lying. It's been impossible getting that speed on ntel for a very long time.
Maybe in your area

1 Like

Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by Gargoylesmiles(m): 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
dustmalik:

Please stop lying. It's been impossible getting that speed on ntel for a very long time.

I second that. Ntel has settled like others esp as subscriber base increased.
Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by lnrmice: 8:59am On Jul 27, 2017
According to Airtel, the N10,000 unlimited plan comes with 40GB after which a fair usage policy will kick in. This reduces the connection speed to 256kbps. The N15,000 plan offer 65GB while the N20,000 plan gives 100GB.
Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by minniekennie: 11:55am On Jul 28, 2017
These are the reasons I will stick to Glo smiley very objective

Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by Hisroyaldopenez: 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
How is it unlimited if there are different price ranges. AIRSCAM
Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by Hisroyaldopenez: 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
How is it unlimited if there are different price ranges ? SCAMTEL
Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by duwdu: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2017
minniekennie:

Sorry, but you've lost me here... Glo's packages are NOT unlimited, and cut you off completely from access to any more data, once you attain the allotted bundles. Finish. Shikenan. cheesy

On the other hand, Airtel's 'unlimited' packages allow you to continue to have access to more data even after you've exhausted the main allotted bundle, provided you can live with a severely reduced access speed, until through the last day of your plan.

So, apart from the LTE speeds attainable on Glo (and attained speeds on Airtel are pretty good in most areas, by the way,) how do Glo's packages offer better value amongst the two based on your presentation?

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by iliyande(m): 4:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
duwdu:

Sorry, but you've lost me here... Glo's packages are NOT unlimited, and cut you off completely from access to any more data, once you attain the allotted bundles. Finish. Shikenan. cheesy

On the other hand, Airtel's 'unlimited' packages allow you to continue to have access to more data even after you've exhausted the main allotted bundle, provided you can live with a severely reduced access speed, until through the last day of your plan.

So, apart from the LTE speeds attainable on Glo (and attained speeds on Airtel are pretty good in most areas, by the way,) how do Glo's packages offer better value amongst the two based on your presentation?

P34c3

The only advantage the airtel plan got over glo is to those who do alot of downloads (3g speed). If I am choose between the 2, I will gladly roll-over my data because I don't download much, but I livestream a lot. To me, it is of less benefit.
Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by duwdu: 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
iliyande:

The only advantage the airtel plan got over glo is to those who do alot of downloads (3g speed). If I am choose between the 2, I will gladly roll-over my data because I don't download much, but I livestream a lot. To me, it is of less benefit.

Ah, this is another dimension, and sure, that's fair enough.

For that dimension you've brought up, in my own case, I don't fancy leaving any balance from my data in the hands of a provider - anything can happen! In any case, I have a need for lots of data; IMO, that's why we're talking "unlimited" plans, to start with.

Again, I see your own point.

P34c3
Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by Gargoylesmiles(m): 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
Is Glo offering unlimited plans? My understanding is that you are cut off once you exhaust the data cap. I know they give bonus but i dont think you can call that unlimited. Correct me if I am wrong. Also if you can share the link where Glo lists their unlimited plans package.

minniekennie:
Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by CLASSMAN: 2:52am On Jul 30, 2017
minniekennie:
U forgot to add that u load 10k they give free 20k to call all network back , 15k gives u 30k , 20k gives u 40k back , airtel na learner
Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by minniekennie: 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2017
Gargoylesmiles:

Is Glo offering unlimited plans? My understanding is that you are cut off once you exhaust the data cap. I know they give bonus but i dont think you can call that unlimited. Correct me if I am wrong. Also if you can share the link where Glo lists their unlimited plans package.

http://www.gloworld.com/ng/personal/data/data-plans/
Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by duwdu: 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2017
minniekennie:

http://www.gloworld.com/ng/personal/data/data-plans/

Huh? There are NO unlimited plans listed on there, and Glo is not claiming or pretending anywhere else that any of those plans are unlimited in any way, shape, or form.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Airtel Launches Unlimited Data Packages. See Prices & Codes by Gargoylesmiles(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
duwdu:

Huh? There are NO unlimited plans listed on there, and Glo is not claiming or pretending anywhere else that any of those plans are unlimited in any way, shape, or form.

P34c3

I was about to say the same. No unlimited plans from Glo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Etisalat Gprs Or Edge Manual Configuration / Itel Inote IT1701 Prime Discussion Thread / Iphone 6 Vs Tecno C8 : Camera Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.