Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Desktop Computer Not Working With NEPA But Working With Generator Power. Help!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Desktop Computer Not Working With NEPA But Working With Generator Power. Help!!! (1258 Views)

Dell desktop computer Intel Core i7 Rx580 8gb SOLD / July/august 2018 Mtn, Airtel Free Browsing Cheat Working With Psiphon / Desktop Computer For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desktop Computer Not Working With NEPA But Working With Generator Power. Help!!! by fabem(m): 11:28am On Jul 17, 2017
Hi,
I don't know what is wrong with my desktop computer. It won't work on NEPA light, but working with generator power. Whenever there is nepa light, it won't on but if i on the generator, it will work. What could be the problem? Pls, I need your help.
Re: Desktop Computer Not Working With NEPA But Working With Generator Power. Help!!! by donald14: 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
the NEPA light maybe low current. connect big stabilizer with it
Re: Desktop Computer Not Working With NEPA But Working With Generator Power. Help!!! by Babalegba(m): 11:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
Most likely you have low current in your neighborhood
Re: Desktop Computer Not Working With NEPA But Working With Generator Power. Help!!! by fabem(m): 6:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
donald14:
the NEPA light maybe low current. connect big stabilizer with it

It is always full current. I have another desktop working with same light and current but this particular one won't on until I power it with gen.
Re: Desktop Computer Not Working With NEPA But Working With Generator Power. Help!!! by fabem(m): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
Babalegba:
Most likely you have low current in your neighborhood

It is always full current. I have another desktop working with same light and current but this particular one won't on until I power it with gen.
Re: Desktop Computer Not Working With NEPA But Working With Generator Power. Help!!! by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 22, 2017
fabem:

There is something wrong with the power unit of ur desktop, u would either have to replace the power unit or u get ur power unit worked by a competent engineer. it's either one or more of the power capacitors in the power unit is/are bad thereby not enabling them(the capacitors) hold enough charges as they ought to; it is able to work on generator probably because ur gen is running at a frequency higher than 50Hz thereby making up for the short comings of the capacitor(s)
Re: Desktop Computer Not Working With NEPA But Working With Generator Power. Help!!! by fabem(m): 9:35am On Jul 22, 2017
ethene:

There is something wrong with the power unit of ur desktop, u would either have to replace the power unit or u get ur power unit worked by a competent engineer. it's either one or more of the power capacitors in the power unit is/are bad thereby not enabling them(the capacitors) hold enough charges as they ought to; it is able to work on generator probably because ur gen is running at a frequency higher than 50Hz thereby making up for the short comings of the capacitor(s)

Thanks. Really appreciate for the enlightenment. I will do as you said.
Re: Desktop Computer Not Working With NEPA But Working With Generator Power. Help!!! by VoltageDivida(m): 10:30am On Jul 22, 2017
If you have a working system with similar power supply unit simply try powering the faulty system with the power pack from the working system. If it works fine, then the power supply is the problem. You can get it fixed or totally replaced. But it still doesn't work, then the motherboard might be the problem.

(1) (Reply)

✈✳✅ SOLD ❌❌❌ 4k Display Hp Envy 15 12gb Ram 1tb Hdd Keyboard Light Core I7 / New Hp Laptop Needed / Lenovo Thinkpad Core i5 8gb RAM 750gb HDD 15.6"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.