Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records (20955 Views)

How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English / Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Babs24: 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
The man did you a favour, there is a reason he came looking back for you after several week. Believe me, employees are not that dificult or scarce to get...

Two things are involved here, since you are the one making the sales yourself, then you are accoubtable for it. If anything happens within that period, you are the one to be called upon.

Therefore, record your sales yourself.

If you encounter difficulties in doing so, may be they dont want you to do so or something, tell the person who employed you to install CCTV for security reasons.

That should reveal the truth...

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by BodyKiss(m): 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?
Face your role and responsibility!
What a thief would say.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by ithink7: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
Honest Nigerians are very rare. Reason why I shut down a business in February this year 2017 after just two month of operation. I lost money but the earlier the better. All of them working for me are now sitting at home, no more money to steal.

I will advice you report but be wise about it. The man might already be suspecting something was going on. Maybe reason why he brought you in

NextGovernor:
Problem of doing business in Nigeria. No trusted employee you can entrust your business to for even 1 week. They will wanna drain u. Always looking for opportunity to reap where they did not soul.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Eno38151: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007:
On the 5th of July 2017, i resumed work at a prestige hotel in Ikeja through a man i met at a car wash while i was washing cars for stipend to earn a living. The day i met him, i just finished washing a car and i worked up to him and requested an audience, and then told him i was looking for a job because am a computer engineering graduate trying a make a living, and all this took place sometime around February. He agreed to help and I, without giving much though didn't bother him anymore cause i was already tired of telling people i needed a job when i already know jobs are hard to come by these days. But surprisingly he came looking for my with the MD of a hotel and (devil is a lie) i wasnt at the car wash that moment,i went to see someone. He waited and waited and at some point was angry,then he left only for me to return few minutes later to be told he came looking for me...i was mad
*******************fast forward to 2weeks back*************************
He called one early morning and asked to meet me at the car wash so i could go see the MD that morning and i did. She interviewed me for few minutes, collected my C.V and asked me when i would like to resume work.So eager i said the next day and she was fine with it.Ever since that day i never saw her again but i was going to work and enjoying it too
**************************4days later*******************************
While on my shift, i made some sales and then early that morning,on my off day( cus i sleep in the office and handover sales made earlier the next day to my colleague) between 2am and 3am, two guest worked in to book a room. I assigned rooms to them and they paid me cash. I then handed the money to my colleague that was on duty that morning and went home only to return the following and discover while going thru the records that she only recorded one out of the two rooms i sold for her that morning. I searched the whole books for that room but couldn't find a trace of it, then i knew something was up. I never confronted her about it but i just decided to watch if twas gonna happen again.
**************************4days later after that*******************************
A similar thing occurred and this time so obvious. Four friends came in early in the morning on my off day and one of them paid cash for two rooms which i allocated to them and again gave the money to the same colleague before leaving that morning.On returning on my shift, she wrote down the two rooms sha but wrote 1POS and 1CASH, which was a lie cause i was the one that collected cash from them and they never paid thru POS.
**************************back to present day*******************************
Have been thing of confronting her directly but i cant cause i noticed too that she isnt alone in it, the manager is in with her and they are kind of close(i noticed it on the first day of resumption)
I also thought of telling the man that made me get the job cause later i found out that the MD is his wife, which was a shocker to me cause till now i didn't submit an application letter or bring in any guarantor before i got the job.
I don't wanna betray his trust either cause this might be a test to me
PLease friends what do i do?
NB: AM SURE THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME ITS HAPPENING....SHE OR SHOULD I SAY THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT BEFORE I CAME. I DON'T HAVE PROOF OF THAT BUT I GUESS SO CUS NOW THEY THINK AM DUMB SINCE I DIDN'T NOTICE THE FIRST FRAUD ,WHICH I DID BUT KEPT QUIET THAT'S WHY THEY COMMITTED ANOTHER.

Honesty is the best policy, the day the owner finds out they (your so called friends) could all get together and frame you for their crimes, my advice is you leave this job and blow whistle after leaving.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by tosinjay(m): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
Blow whistle, talk to the man first. Nothing right suggests you look the other way. It's only right to blow whistle.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Chyxki: 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
Set them up with the MD let her review their books within a week and see for herself so that no one can trace it back to you.

If you don't expose them, then go ahead and betray yourself and be called a thief alongside them when you no steal anything.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by kentochi(m): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007
Try and get good evidence
Then contact the Boss that link you with the job and explain everything to him
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Whynow(m): 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
Trust and integrity is key. Please raise a red flag asap.
E.g I work for a US multinational and everything around false full declaration of records, compliance e.t.c is maned by FCPA. Finance and Corrupt practices Act ,under the auspices of the US Ministry of justice.

That you are aware and have kept quite is an offence which can get you fired, your organisation pays huge fines in the millions of dollars. Even the company suffers a decline on brand value and competition takes advantage of situation.

Whether a big or small organisation , financial integrity should be maintained at all times.

Don't you think its a setup to test you?
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by lebete3000: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
DieBuhari:
You will be betraying that good man if you don't tell him.
He should develop a system that will make it difficult to steal money.

Any man that can do this will be a successful business man....otherwise na these parasites go ruin pesin
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by adetayo234: 8:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
connectpoint:

You have no idea about businesses in Nigeria obviously..Don't bother quote me again

If you don't want to be quoted, then don't make your comment public.

I still ask you again; if you are the owner of that business, will you give this kind of advice when you know your business can be ruined if such a thing continues
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
adetayo234:

If you don't want to be quoted, then don't make your comment public.

I still ask you again; if you are the owner of that business, will you give this kind of advice when you know your business can be ruined if such a thing continues

Go and arrest them nau..Are you on mars? If you're in Canada you can come back and do it yourself
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by adetayo234: 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
connectpoint:

Go and arrest them nau..Are you on mars? If you're in Canada you can come back and do it yourself

Stop evading the question. Answer straight
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
adetayo234:

Stop evading the question. Answer straight

you're not my father...since you're carrying the matter on your head, go to the nearest police station..i ask you again are you on Mars?
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by adetayo234: 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
connectpoint:

you're not my father...since you're carrying the matter on your head, go to the nearest police station..i ask you again are you on Mars?

Check my question and compare to your responses, then ask yourself if there is any correlation.

If the business is yours and such activities can ruin your business, will you advice that the guy should keep quiet?
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
adetayo234:

Check my question and compare to your responses, then ask yourself if there is any correlation.

If the business is yours and such activities can ruin your business, will you advice that the guy should keep quiet?

Have you ever dealt with darkness? People of the world? You're pushing a man to an early grave.. You know nothing about the business world..What he sees oga happens everywhere..if he must go ahead with report he must be grounded...which from what I read he can't, he's not up for the game..yu think it's as easy as go and report and be fired... Lol.. u dont know Nigerians obviously and how the business field is.. yu will learn no worry

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by gaventa: 12:58am On Jul 19, 2017
I will take no offence in your words but with the way you sound its obvious you want to be a Hero for catching a thief but you just don't know how to go about it. First, you never asked about ways to curb this acts by the Management, your question was directed at things you can do to save yourself. whether you like it or yes you cant be the one to save the establishment from occurrences like this but if you feel you want to be a hero, you can go on to report to the management and I bet you, you will regret your actions sooner or later. A Vacant room can never be sold without the housekeeping departments knowledge, so you should be ready to report more than one staff. I stick to my advise handover properly with a witness and don't get involved, records will vindicate you.
DieBuhari:

As a graduate in hospitality management that you claim to be, I was thinking you will come up with a professional suggestion that will help the owner of the hotel close the loopholes, instead this the rubbish you came up with.
You are a failed graduate.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by gaventa: 1:01am On Jul 19, 2017
bros leave this Man abeg , he knows nothing. make he go report and I bet all of them will be sacked together, talking from experience, like say na him papa get company.
connectpoint:

Have you ever dealt with darkness? People of the world? You're pushing a man to an early grave.. You know nothing about the business world..What he sees oga happens everywhere..if he must go ahead with report he must be grounded...which from what I read he can't, he's not up for the game..yu think it's as easy as go and report and be fired... Lol.. u dont know Nigerians obviously and how the business field is.. yu will learn no worry
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by gaventa: 1:01am On Jul 19, 2017
i know your type , eye service staff, men pleasers. your case will be different soon don't worry go and report
adetayo234:

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Ilekokonit: 4:14am On Jul 19, 2017
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

If you don't tell the man who gave you the job, all of you staff may be out of a job soon as those thieves will steal the hotel blind that the hotel may close down for lack of profitability.

Thunder fire that girl and her cohorts for stealing money that should go into a business owners working capital. If only these greedy staff knew how much the business owner borrowed to invest in the business and yet they are not letting her break even not to talk of making a profit.

How can businesses make a profit in Nigeria when staff steal from the takings / stock daily ?
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 19, 2017
gaventa:
bros leave this Man abeg , he knows nothing. make he go report and I bet all of them will be sacked together, talking from experience, like say na him papa get company.

I'm not just bothered about sack but the man's safety, people in such establishments don't mind killing anyone that takes the spoon from their mouth...It's rampant everywhere...It's the boy me fear for... He just just shut up and look away...He too is too poke-nosive...he keeps looking for details like he's employed to be an auditor...the employer should inititate a means to audit the finances of his business or face the consequences of not doing so.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by jobbers: 10:54am On Jul 19, 2017
ah
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by gaventa: 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
you have said it all bro
connectpoint:

I'm not just bothered about sack but the man's safety, people in such establishments don't mind killing anyone that takes the spoon from their mouth...It's rampant everywhere...It's the boy me fear for... He just just shut up and look away...He too is too poke-nosive...he keeps looking for details like he's employed to be an auditor...the employer should inititate a means to audit the finances of his business or face the consequences of not doing so.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
gaventa:
you have said it all bro

wink

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nlevel(m): 1:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
Have you been struggling hard to get traffic to your blog/website?

Have you wasted so much money on advertisement without any good results?

Can you imagine getting your advert to over 1 million Nigerians through the Social Media?

The whole world is crazy about the social media now and Nigeria is not an exception.Nigerians spend an average of 193 minutes daily on the internet. Most of these193 minutes are spent on the Social media,hence the Social media has become a very important tool for internet marketing.

I have access as an admin to various BUSINESS FACEBOOK GROUPS with members totalling more than 1 MILLION. With your message reaching to them you are bound to have great conversions. You can promote your blogs/websites,advertise your products and services, reach out to people for an upcoming event,marketing of your networking business/MLM etc.

This is a great opportunity for those who can see it.I had to fight hard with my fellow admins of the groups to throw this opportunity to the public to enjoy this benefit. We only need 10 persons before we close this opportunity till God knows when again.

Contact me on 08085716509( calls & WhatsApp) 08132349560( calls only)
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by sodiamond: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
gaventa:
I am a graduate of hospitality management, also i have few years of experience in the field. i just want to let you know its very normal for you to come across things like this in the industry especially sub-standard hotels but i will advice you, if you cant beat them you join them but if you feel you cant join them, you can politely call your colleagues attention to the "error" and let the person defend himself but make sure you go about it in a mature manner, don't decide to report to someone, thank God you said the manager is involved too, if you try to act like the righteous staff by reporting my dear remember you will leave the organization someday. make sure you remain diligent and honest with your job too till the end and i assure you that records will vindicate you one day. also remember to hand over properly with a witness too. NB: #nobodyholypass
So give professional advice!! Is this how you'll manage an establishment if you are given an opportunity?
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by adetayo234: 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
gaventa:
i know your type , eye service staff, men pleasers. your case will be different soon don't worry go and report

Your life, your soul and your thoughts must be very dirty to think the only reason to report is because he wants to please someone.

See the way you are spitting stinking saliva rich in purulent microbes all over here just because your life is too stinky to reason properly.

Only an idiot will judge people from a distance the way you did.

Did your congenitally impaired brain ever told you that the guy too can be implicated in the long run if the owner finds out by herself?
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Talkingboy: 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
infogenius:
This explains y u were employed.
So as not to look like bad Belle.
Don't report directly until u can prove it.

Tell her straight away of your observation, don't tell her you will report. Just your observation no argument.

Here is what you can do.

Whenever you are handing over cash to her, kindly do the recording yourself (before handing over money to her) or demand a signed receipt for the cash you are handing over. This should minimize her runs whenever you are around. Or else u may be put in big trouble one day.

If u can't do any of the above, tell the man that told u about the job but this time advise him to let Oga Madam set a trap and not confront them directly so that u won't be in their bad books.

The last one alone can hook them. By checking the pos payment transaction on the day and time it was made when those guys checked in knowing fully well you collected cash.

They can consider installing cameras in the reception and rooms.

But If there are cameras, hand over such monies to her where cameras can pick up the two of you.
And if there are cameras in the rooms that you gave out. Because it must have picked up the lodges. And You have a proof.
Go and report immediately without looking back.

If you don't do something, U'll be corrupted or u may become an accessory to their misconduct if found out.
That alone will soil ur name even though you had good intentions.

Three gbosa for this man....

YOU ARE VERY INTELLIGENT

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by gaventa: 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
Thanks for the good words, but if you carefully read through, i told him to have a witness while handing over properly, do you know what i meant by handing over properly? no you dont care to know, if the owner of the business cannot employ the service of an Auditor, do you think staff will be the ones to do that for him.Birds of feathers, i know your kind. na una dem dey use do ritual last last
adetayo234:

Your life, your soul and your thoughts must be very dirty to think the only reason to report is because he wants to please someone.

See the way you are spitting stinking saliva rich in purulent microbes all over here just because your life is too stinky to reason properly.

Only an idiot will judge people from a distance the way you did.

Did your congenitally impaired brain ever told you that the guy too can be implicated in the long run if the owner finds out by herself?

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by adetayo234: 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
gaventa:
Thanks for the good words, but if you carefully read through, i told him to have a witness while handing over properly, do you know what i meant by handing over properly? no you dont care to know, if the owner of the business cannot employ the service of an Auditor, do you think staff will be the ones to do that for him.Birds of feathers, i know your kind. na una dem dey use do ritual last last

And when he employs an auditor, who will get implicated at the end of the day? Everyone in the company
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by gaventa: 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
What professional advise can you give to a business owner whose staff strength cannot ensure smooth and effective management of his business, dont go into any business you have no idea about. The hospitality Industry is peculiar industry, you need experts and i am sure experts will never allow just one staff to man a duty post in a hotel, the problem isnt from the staff but the owner of the business but daft people like you cant understand. werin u know pass you uote author=sodiamond post=58617558]
So give professional advice!! Is this how you'll manage an establishment if you are given an opportunity?[/quote]
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by gaventa: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
if he has never been involved in any fraudulent activity just as i advised earlier , records will vindicate him. i am sure you never read that part
adetayo234:

And when he employs an auditor, who will get implicated at the end of the day? Everyone in the company
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by sodiamond: 11:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
gaventa:
What professional advise can you give to a business owner whose staff strength cannot ensure smooth and effective management of his business, dont go into any business you have no idea about. The hospitality Industry is peculiar industry, you need experts and i am sure experts will never allow just one staff to man a duty post in a hotel, the problem isnt from the staff but the owner of the business but daft people like you cant understand. werin u know pass you uote author=sodiamond post=58617558]
So give professional advice!! Is this how you'll manage an establishment if you are given an opportunity?
You are the daft here because you don't even sound like a proffesional.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Police,navy,airforce And Customs Who Earn The The Largest Pay / Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces / Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.