Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,022 members, 7,799,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? (16969 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by EfemenaXY: 8:58am On Aug 02, 2017
stacyadams:
grin grin i lend people money when am not using it..i now found out that my so caLLED friends will refuse to pay back when i need the money most....these days i no dey follow any body talk bout ;loan... grin grin

Ymodulus:

My advice from personal experience. I lost quarter of all i own to a friend i gave a loan. A loan of a week repayment turned 2months ( as at date roughly 1month 2weeks ).

Rule1: Dont loan money you cant afford to loose.
Rule2: Obey rule 1.

Dont borrow him and tell him the truth you cant give the money out at this point in time.

dayleke:

They never see it like that ooooo.....
10k out of 500k? Trust me, dem go abuse you on top of ur money.
Pls don't ask me how I know....
If dem no abuse you, na keeping malice be next.

ishayaauta:

so so true four of my friends toyed with my capital....
I'm still watching them

if not for my small side investment I would have been a total brokeass by now

from february till date, all I get is from one excuse to the other.

my new rule no loans to friend's
, except I'm willing to part with it.

I need to ask you guys (and ladies) this:

These so called "friends" who "borrow" and never repay back, do they ever come to ask / beg for more money?

Or do they feel too embarrassed to ask? This is for Naija based friends oh...

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by dayleke: 9:18am On Aug 02, 2017
EfemenaXY:

These so called "friends" who "borrow" and never repay back, do they ever come to ask / beg for more money?

What you mean for "Naija based friends?"
Is it the "borrower" or the "borrowee"?

Jokes apart,
It happens everywhere but personally na my Naija "friends" o..
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by EfemenaXY: 10:24am On Aug 02, 2017
dayleke:

What you mean for "Naija based friends?"
Is it the "borrower" or the "borrowee"?

Jokes apart,
It happens everywhere but personally na my Naija "friends" o..

You didn't get me.

Wetin I mean be say: pessin wey borrow money for your hand and never repay am yet - e dey fit come back to you for more knowing dem still dey owe you?

Cc: sambarry
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by stacyadams: 11:07am On Aug 02, 2017
EfemenaXY:
grin grin some will come back to ask..some will not ask again co s they know u wont bother helping out again...some people no get shame..

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by stacyadams: 11:15am On Aug 02, 2017
grin grin if na money u want ooooo,u dey dial wrong number,,u dey dial wrong number,,u had berra start looking for dangote,s house number ..
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Onliie(m): 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
To loan people money is human, to collect it back is divine.

17 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
based on experience and what I'm currently going through
Anybody that want to borrow money from me should die before they remember my name cry cry

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
dayleke:

Me I just keep quiet ni o.
After much asking again, I go just ask for acct no in case anything comes up....
I make d transfer of a lil smtin and tell them to hold onto that till smtin better comes up...
They never take no for an answer.
Kiss that lil somfin byebye.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by BeSafeOnline: 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
project4OO:
If you refuse him access to the loan, it will affect your relationship. If you grant him the loan and he fails to pay back, your relationship would be distorted anyway...

So weigh your options

Well said. Good point there.

Bro, Check out the thread on my signature
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by brojoshua: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
Give him only what you can spare and not collect back. Give him only what you can give him and not seek repayment, what you can let go

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by jonnytad(m): 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sha don't post this on facebook, b4 pple like evans catch your jabbing ass.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by muller101(m): 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
If he needs the money for a project. Give him the money but u have to go into the project as an investor

4 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by ladyF(f): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
It's after you give out the loan that you'd realise how heartless your friend is.

I usually don't give out loans greater than what I can afford to lose but certain times, certain people appeal to your emotions and you break your own rules. The disappointment I'm facing from a very fresh experience has reset my mumu brain. Money that somebody is managing angry

Never again sha...

10 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by ogawisdom(m): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
helinues:
Seriously, i do not know may be their great great grandfather kept some money with me that made most of them to believe I have money. Fine things are going fine but I am still looking for more better life. Need to save a lot in order to achieve my dream.. A friend borrowed $400 like 2 years ago, he never even talked about it. I have dodged others but this particular person has been on my neck for months now. He needs N500,000 .. Just imagine..

My problem now is " Never lend money you can't afford to lose" . N500,000 no be wasa.. How should I handle the situation without hurting his feeling cos I am not even sure of lending N100,000 talkess of N500,000

U still keep huge money in savings account in 2017 nawa ooo

Tell him all your money are tied down in an invest or real estate, dt u barely keep up to 100k in a savings account. Then u can jst dash him 20k n move on if u can afford to

3 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
helinues:
Seriously, i do not know may be their great great grandfather kept some money with me that made most of them to believe I have money. Fine things are going fine but I am still looking for more better life. Need to save a lot in order to achieve my dream.. A friend borrowed $400 like 2 years ago, he never even talked about it. I have dodged others but this particular person has been on my neck for months now. He needs N500,000 .. Just imagine..

My problem now is " Never lend money you can't afford to lose" . N500,000 no be wasa.. How should I handle the situation without hurting his feeling cos I am not even sure of lending N100,000 talkess of N500,000

Advice your friends to get loans from their banks. Banks are in the business of lending money to qualified customers, unfortunately 98% of bank customers are not qualified nor financially savvy in the art and science of managing and multiplying money.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by cnc(m): 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
darlenese:
stop keeping friends. trust me it's safer Abeg.

my friends are always over rating me when it comes to money cos they ask for outrageous amount from me, not loan they call it "dash" when I saw it was becoming a problem keeping friends without them trying to ask for money, I stopped keeping friends.

no time for parasitic friendship Jor.

My sister, your head dey there... �

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by ashawopikin(m): 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
just tell dem say country hard. simple
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Phonefanatic: 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
Scrutinize him properly to know what he wants to use the money for then write an agreement for him to sign this has to come with montly interest if he defaults. Don't forget the clause to pass this loan to his heirs grin grin.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by 9jatatafo(m): 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
Take the right decision that will protect your friendship
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by hpaje(m): 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
Bros, the last time I checked, NO is still an answer. Must he collect the money from you? Tell him jawe and if he decides to bone you, let him be.. He doesn't value your friendship
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by arthurous(m): 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
Don't borrow money you can't afford to lose. Make sure before you borrow you know what the person is using it for. Am in similar situation now my friend I borrow 100k with out know he want to use it for twinker. Since the scheme has clashed no way for him to pay back.

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by ngmgeek(m): 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
helinues:

Just tell him you cannot afford to give him that kind of money. His feelings will get hurt but he will get over it. My relatives and even some of my kids think that I am an ATM. In have learnt the hard way to say no than breaking my back for people.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nnemuka(f): 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
An uncle asked me to complete his flight money, and that he will send me the money once he arrives his destination.
its been 3months now and he nolonger replies my chats, my 200k gone.

I will never borrow any man or woman money in my entire life, i rather give a token i can forget.

10 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Cladez(m): 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
Everybody don turn to borrower them who are those borrowing?

3 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by OlaRolls(m): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Its no longer a news that Massive Global Food Network is zealously promoting the mechanism of making life better for everyone. One time payment of #5600 makes you a beneficiary of weekly food stuffs, and incentives like cash bonus deep freezer, motorcycle, executive car, etc.
Chat Olarolls up on Whatsapp @: 080372 72006
Or drop your WhatsApp no on our Facebook page:
@olarollsteamstructure
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by bobowaja(m): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nnemuka:
An uncle asked me to complete his flight money, and that he will send me the money once he arrives his destination.
its been 3months now and he nolonger replies my chats, my 200k gone.

I will never borrow any man or woman money in my entire life, i rather give.

I love the pic in ur dp...... Can you share me some from where it came from?
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by OpinionCounts(m): 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
Listen op, as I speak to you now I have over 2million naira unpaid debt owed by 6 different people, guess who the people are.....FRIENDS. Yes friends,the most annoying thing is dat they will even have the money and yet will not pay u back just because they feel you will not be hard on them especially some foolish and irresponsible ones that think they are entitled to get from you just because they can see you are doing well financially. I have debts of over 3years been owed me by friends and I am not talking about 50 or 90k, I mean 400k, 600k and so on..... I don't think it is a bad idea to help a friend in need but I tell you some can be devilish.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by taylor88(m): 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
darlenese:
stop keeping friends. trust me it's safer Abeg.

my friends are always over rating me when it comes to money cos they ask for outrageous amount from me, not loan they call it "dash" when I saw it was becoming a problem keeping friends without them trying to ask for money, I stopped keeping friends.

no time for parasitic friendship Jor.

abeg borrow me 120k make i complete go do plastic surgery

even if u didn't recognise me wen i come back

I'll come to ur house and pay back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by edmasta01: 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
Here's the best thing to do:

1. Ask yourself, how much is it that you can give to this friend/family member if they ask you to give them (not loan) without feeling the pinch.

If it's N50,000 or N70,000 etc.

2. Tell him/her....Sorry I don't have N500,000 right now. But I have N70,000 that I can loan you. If you send me your account number, I will transfer it right away.

3. Transfer (what you can afford to lose) and then forget it.

Here's what will happen....

a. Your friend will be happy that you at least gave him a little out of what he asked. Your friendship will not be ruined

If he is jealous or angry with you after doing the above, then you need a new friend.

b. He will collect the money and NEVER return that money back to you. But at least you will be happy that you only loaned what you can afford to lose.

Personal experience: A friend asked me for a N1.5 Million loan about 7 years ago. I emptied my account and gave to him. Up till now, I am yet to recover it.

Another experience: Another friend asked me for 150,000 naira about two years ago. I learnt my lesson from the previous one. I gave him N40,000 (as the money I can afford to lose) even though I had a lot more in my account.

Well...up till now, this friend is yet to give back the N40,000. He did not even mention it or say anything about it.

Trust me, the above is the ONLY way you can have peace of mind without ruining friendship. Learn from me. Be wise!

7 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by woodmood: 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
helinues:

You seem to be doing well in your endeavour. Congrats for that.

My advice is simple. Try and lay your hand on the popular book, richest man in Babylon. Ensure you read it.

3 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Sanchase: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
Take him to a beer parlour, buy him drinks with peppersoup till he gets tipsy, then tell him why you cant afford 500K, then dash him 20K, end of story.

NB: Make sure he chop peppersoup

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by greatman247(m): 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
Rule numero uno, never let no one knows how much doe you owe. That Notorious BIG (10 Commandment). You should't have let them know you have such money. Even now they know, find lie tell them cos if you release such money i bet you, you might not be able to retrieve that loan. And this happened to me, a lot of friends i borrowed money no dey talk go that side again. Some bring fight because they don't want to pay. I have stopped giving anyone any loan i no be bank. Hence forth if they ask me, a simple i no get will do, i can only give u a loan or slash the loan i know even if you don't pay back it will not affect or hurt me or my finance in anyway is what i can release.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caught My Husband From Cheating :/ / Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. / Is It Compulsory For A Lady To Know How To Cook Before Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.