Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,950 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre (20550 Views)

Lesson From RCCG Kidnapped Deaconess, Ibelegbo Chidinma: Depend On God Alone! / New Photos Of Lizzy, Drug Addict Saved By Pastor Tony Rapu / Drug Addict Daughter Delivered At Dunamis International Gospel Centre (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by swiz123(m): 11:28am On Jul 18, 2017
KOKO— A non-governmental organization, David Refuge Care Foundation, which aims at reorienting social deviants, including women, cultists and drug addicts, has been inaugurated at Koko, Warri North Local Government Area, Delta State.

Chief Executive Officer of the group, a one-time cocaine addict, Deaconess Julie Park, said: “I will be running it with the support of well-meaning individuals, the church community and international organizations.”

I sold all my property, stayed under the bridge
According to Park, “I underwent rehabilitation as a deviant about 10 years. I was once addicted to cocaine. I sold all my property in the process and consequently found myself under a bridge in Lagos until I got rehabilitated, and about the same time I, too, began to rehabilitate others.

Two-phased reintegration

“The rehabilitation will be in two stages. The first stage will last for six months when the inmates will be taught the word of God. We will use the word of God to replace what they were doing before they came into the centre.
“The second stage is the training stage when they will be taught the trade of their choices and graduate to become useful entrepreneurs,” she added.

Answer to prayers

A member of the Board of Trustees, Mr. Gbubemi Otumara, said, “The presence of David Refuge Care Foundation in Koko will facilitate general development in the area.

“It is an indication that God has heard the prayers of the people of the area and I am persuaded that God will bless the CEO, trustees and the addicts, who will be receiving rehabilitation, counselling and training in the center.”

Pastor Jinadu performs inauguration

The center was officially opened by Pastor Buki Jinadu, project coordinator of Lagos-based Wellspring Rehabilitation Center, where Park, herself, was rehabilitated, over a decade ago.

Jinadu however, advised the villagers to “fear, respect God and love your neighbours as you love yourselves.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/ex-drug-addict-turn-deaconess-inaugurates-rehabilitates-centre/

3 Likes

Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by justi4jesu(f): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
Go and sin no more.....

Check my Signature peeps.... grin cheesy
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by Rrankdonga(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
If you don't read the caption, you'll think the woman in red is the former addict. grin grin.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
I believe she still dey sniff coco,once u sniff the white,u Neva go back
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by Pilot4Airbus(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
Lighten your Logo in 3D.

if you have Logo, but if you dont have a Logo, you can use text.

better still i can design your Logo.
strictly fiverr... you can chat me before we proceed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by Deem: 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
God is great
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by talk2saintify(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
wow
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by Atiku2019: 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kudos cool
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by MhizKristy(f): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by soberdrunk(m): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
So with all the problems in Nigeria some people still dey add 'cocaine' to the equation? angry

1 Like

Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by NwaAmaikpe: 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
shocked

I don't believe this unless she was not an addict.
She will eventually have a relapse and go back to it..

Once you are hooked on cocaine, there is no going back...till I kills you.

1 Like

Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by ekems2017(f): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
Good work. You are in the best position to educate them cos you have seen it all.
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by riribae: 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
Good job maam.....I dedicate dis land to my missing rib and my unbon children
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by kka2007(m): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
Saved to save others!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by winternationals(m): 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
thank God for ya life ma
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by GeneralOjukwu: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
I am a meow addict. Should I go to a brothel to rehabilitate?
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
Good move
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by LUGBE: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ex-drug addict tongue
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by Abfinest007(m): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
pls take lai Mohammed there
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by Wisdombankxz: 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
Sin no more.

I have 16.1k followers instagram page for sale.

99% Nigerians
Niche = Fashion.
Page is 1 month plus old.

Call/whatsapp 08084334575 for cool biz.
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by whizzyleejr(m): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
Someone who does something that hurts you today may do what will make you happy tomorrow, something good can come out of nazareth
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by NwaNimo1(m): 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
A 'Hustlers' story...... get rich or die trying,

2 Likes

Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by lonecatt(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
thank God for her life
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by Aden777(m): 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
She get daughter?
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by lonecatt(m): 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't believe this unless she was not an addict.
She will eventually have a relapse and go back to it..

Once you are hooked on cocaine, there is no going back...till I kills you.
How about majek fashek?

3 Likes

Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by Money4passion99: 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
Rrankdonga:
If you don't read the caption, you'll think the woman in red is the former addict. grin grin.

Bros I just tire for u ooo....I bow to u ooo

1 Like

Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by MadCow1: 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
I don't k ow why I find this story funny.

1 Like

Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by Finestface(f): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
good.
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by BizLifeE: 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
Praise the Lord!

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: .com.ng
Re: Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre by MTKbudapest(m): 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
from crime to christ. There is joy in heaven

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? / "Nigerian God Is A Fraud, It Uses Pastors To Rob Nigerians" - Bisi Alimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.