Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym (21296 Views)

People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O / 5 Types Of People That Easily Attract Mosquitoes / 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by JARUSHUB: 11:35am On Jul 18, 2017
There is no denying that Lagosians are huge on fitness and dieting. It is hard to go past a district without finding at least one gym or a health shop. While these gyms vary in size, type of equipment and staff strength, one thing they have in common are the kind of people that visit the facilities. If you have ever been to a Lagos gym, you probably know what we at Jumia Travel are talking about and if you haven’t, here are the types of people at the gym you will usually see.

The confused newbie

This person is just new to gyming and still has all the enthusiasm of a fresher. He or she is well equipped and has the complete outfit, from head bank to sneakers. Unfortunately, he still does not know how to use all the machines properly but would rather break an ankle on the treadmill than ask for help. Believe it or not but oftentimes you may find the most clueless people attempting to work out at the gym in Lagos.

The Irritating Uncle

Basically a creep, the “ Irritating Uncle” is at the gym to look at chicks and seize opportunities to cup a feel. They are actually registered and have the right apparels on, but they would rather just stand around making small talk and offering to help unsuspecting ladies or just pick up chicks than actually work out.

The Babe

This is the kind of girl who would probably say something like : “I don’t sweat, I sparkle.” She comes to the gym wearing the most attractive and tight gym clothes, as well as the kind of makeup you’d wear on your wedding day. Her hair is freshly done and her clothes are perfumed. She hydrates and uses her phones more than she actually works out.

The Selfie addict

You are absolutely guaranteed to find the “Selfie addicts” plastered to the nearest mirror having a photo-shoot with their smart phones. This person is not at the gym to work out; he is much more interested in making short videos for Instagram and snapchat and taking selfies than exerting themselves. They take poses and present a highly orchestrated image on social media.

The “look at me” gym show-offs

This one has the perfect gym body and can easily maneuver any machine in the gym, but them, he likes to show-off. He refuses to work out while putting a shirt on, literally giving everyone else body dysmorphia. He also likes to share tips and offer remedies that have helped him in the past to tackle several issues that may come up.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-types-people-likely-meet-lagos-gym/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by HonAdeli(m): 11:47am On Jul 18, 2017
OK seen
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by EbukaHades10(m): 11:58am On Jul 18, 2017
I can relate. Then there's d one that will always criticise u. They be like "u are not even doing it well" or "how will u be stopping at 10reps?,can't u do at least 50?. They go just make d tin tire me.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by PattyCake: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
It seems Lagos gyms and Maryland Gyms are not to dissimilar or maybe that's just how gyms are in general besides OP it's against the rules to be shirtless or wearing wifebeaters , I was at one gym in Baltimore I don't even know what was worse...The Useless group of girls taking selfies and disturbing everyone with shutter noises or the fake ass body builder that kept banging the weights on the floor and moaning like a cuntt.

Anyways, it's my fault, I will never forget my headphones again, I recommend every gym goer to invest in noise cancelling ones.

12 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by Caustics: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
shocked
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by MhizKristy(f): 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
Wooo
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by sunnysunny69(m): 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
Gyms everywhere are full of people like this too. grin grin grin grin grin

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by fakuta(f): 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
Lol
Kind of funny
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by AntiWailer: 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
The ones that will go just to work out beside the second and third picture.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by XaviDayo(m): 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
OffKey topic......nexttttt
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
Rubbish.. Complete waste of time.. My morning running exercise Is enough.. The rest of the day is geared into making more and more money. Roman God body with no cash 4 pocket Na wash.. Visit and browse through businesses you can start.... Visit www.entmirror.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by Sleyanya1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
Lolxxxx

Abeg Op, wetin the girl/lady/chic/babe on blue top dey work on

Na wah o
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by wahles(m): 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
Wawu! Op wot about people like us dah intend staying longer in d gym bt end up using 10mins cheesy grin
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by onuaafelix(m): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
grin grin that last picture tho

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by thickminaj(f): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
Lol very funny you cracked me up with the irritating uncle... However, you left out the devoted clique this type of people are always on time and are found daily in the gym but they don't lose weight

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by thesuave10(m): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
I can relate grin
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by Wisdombankxz: 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ok.. Next pls.

I have 16.1k followers instagram page for sale.

99% Nigerians
Niche = Fashion.
Page is 1 month plus old.

Call/whatsapp 08084334575 for cool biz.

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by jericco1(m): 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
Show offs
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by phoenix23401(m): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
The ones that sing out loud even when they use a headset, and the ones who make beastly noises while lifting weights to gain attention.

In my unilag days, there would also always be d tiny looking ones that would be there saying stuff like: isan lo pa bruce lee, guy no be by muscle o, if dem chook u bottle e go still enter!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by soberdrunk(m): 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
The last time i went to the gymn, one teenager with '16' packs wanted to disgrace his father, after carrying one heavy set of weight like '120' times and all the fine girls don dey shout 'wow' 'wow' he look me say "Chairman your turn", i replied that am still warming up, for my mind i said "YOUR FATHER!! Make i go do say i wan keep up go lift the one way i go use get cardiac arrest"!! angry angry

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by mmBAMz: 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
Eko oni baje
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by Threebear(m): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
If you've got it, flaunt it.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by Ezionye(f): 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
I don't need gyming cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by ThatCEO: 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
Jarushub qarris this? Next time you go gyming, kindly concentrate on your exercise you paid for, and checking who's doing what.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by TIDDOLL(m): 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
phoenix23401:
The ones that sing out loud even when they use a headset, and the ones who make beastly noises while lifting weights to gain attention.

In my unilag days, there would also always be d tiny looking ones that would be there saying stuff like: isan lo pa bruce lee, guy no be by muscle o, if dem chook u bottle e go still enter!
Lol... grin grin Isan lopa Bruce lee......

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by Aden777(m): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
The day wey iron pin my neck when I dey try do over sabi cos of babe I near gym last

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by oluseyiforjesus(m): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
6- People that Lust
7- People that run away frm their spouse wahala
8- People like OP grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by IVORY2009(m): 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
Aden777:
The day wey iron pin my neck when I dey try do over sabi cos of babe I near gym last

Bros nor try am next time oooo, life na jeje ooo shocked
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by lovat(m): 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ezionye:
I don't need gyming cool
Your shape is good. You luk cute
Re: 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym by enshi(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
You are so right my bro... This is how i have remained undisturbed

1. I go to gyms where ladies dont come to
2. I try as much as possible not to make friends
3. I dont go with my phones

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days / Wiping Back-to-front Introduces Bacteria From Anus To Vagina —researcher / Kaduna: Oxygen Wasn’t Removed From Our Baby - Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.