Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Why I Stayed Away From PDP Caucus Meeting – Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Stayed Away From PDP Caucus Meeting – Sheriff (1148 Views)

Ihedioha: Why PDP Governors Stayed Away From Street Protest / Speakership: Femi Gbajabiamila Meets Members Elect Of PDP Caucus(photos) / Yoruba PDP Caucus Slams Wike For Insulting The Yorubas & Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stayed Away From PDP Caucus Meeting – Sheriff by Ofunaofu: 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
Former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ali Modu Sheriff has advanced reasons for his absence at the expanded caucus meeting of the party held at the PDP secretariat on Monday night.

The meeting which attracted prominent party members including the immediate past President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, past and serving state governors, past and current members of the National Assembly as well as the women wings of the party, was the first of its kind in the past 13 months of a lingering legal tussle which was terminated last Wednesday with the Supreme Court ruling which recognized the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led National Caretaker Committee.

A prominent absentee at the meeting was Senator Modu Sheriff, his deputy, Dr. Cairo Ojugboh and a host of others loyal to his leadership. But advancing reasons for his absence yesterday, Sheriff said he was not in the country, adding that he got no invitation to the well-attended event.

In a statement by his spokesperson, Honourable Bernard Mikko, Sheriff pledged to address a world press conference to point the way forward for his supporters ‘nationwide.’

“Senator Modu Sheriff was neither in the country nor invited to the assemblage at Wadata Plaza yesterday evening. However, he will address a world press conference to throw light on the way forward after we have received and studied the full judgment of the Supreme Court and analyzed its import on our democracy.
“We therefore appeal to all our loyal supporters nationwide not to defect as we are still committed to bringing the party back to the grassroots. We assure them that we will not only give them a voice, but they will also be heard.

“We will collaborate with global anti-corruption networks to bring all corrupt politicians in Nigeria to book, including PDP members having criminal cases bordering on dishonesty and malfeasance. Never again will corrupt politicians use the platform of our major political institutions to stardom. The party is for all and no one’s enterprise as government is conceived as an administrative state where dishonest politicians bask in democratic corruption,” the statement reads.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/stayed-away-pdp-caucus-meeting-sheriff/

1 Like

Re: Why I Stayed Away From PDP Caucus Meeting – Sheriff by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
OK

We have heard!

angry angry angry angry
Re: Why I Stayed Away From PDP Caucus Meeting – Sheriff by greatiyk4u(m): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
You have played your role, so better go and form another party
Re: Why I Stayed Away From PDP Caucus Meeting – Sheriff by 4everisaac(m): 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
The people no even want am sef mtcheww
Re: Why I Stayed Away From PDP Caucus Meeting – Sheriff by TippyTop(m): 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
But advancing reasons for his absence yesterday, Sheriff said he was not in the country

He is probably in London letting Buhari know he failed in his mission to kill PDP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stayed Away From PDP Caucus Meeting – Sheriff by mike85060: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
The APC mole himself. PDP chieftains should be careful with this man, any pdp secret will be first known by APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stayed Away From PDP Caucus Meeting – Sheriff by limeta(f): 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
This boko haram man sef
Re: Why I Stayed Away From PDP Caucus Meeting – Sheriff by Jirate(m): 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
TippyTop:

He is probably in London letting Buhari know he failed in his mission to kill PDP.

I think so too, no one will miss the Ediot..... grin

Tippy, where you come dey? Long time my Guy.
Re: Why I Stayed Away From PDP Caucus Meeting – Sheriff by TippyTop(m): 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
Jirate:

I think so too, no one will miss the Ediot..... grin

Tippy, where you come dey? Long time my Guy.

I still dey, sometimes it's better to work undercover if you get my drift. Usernames and more usernames lol!

1 Like

Re: Why I Stayed Away From PDP Caucus Meeting – Sheriff by clarocuzioo(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yes!! Stay abroad and enjoy the reward from APC for denying this great country a strong opposition which is highly needed for a sustainable and formidable democracy, you can as well use that time to visit your pay master and give him situation reports on mission accomplished. PDP should rise up and give this APC a strong opposition because they are bunch of misfits, selfish, greedy and daft entities, they have no iota of knowledge on government and governance.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

BIAFRA: No Need For Bloodshed - Charles Ogbu Agrees With Arewa Youth (Open Lette / BIAFRA: Buhari Is Raping Us Asari Dokubor Curses VIDEO / What If Referendum Finally Divide Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.