Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? (14083 Views)

Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time / Emmanuel Arigbe-Osula: "Uwa Brown Is A Dirty Liar, Blackmailer" - Osa Osula Says / What To Do If Your Partner Is Avoiding You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
for what?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by elibest360(m): 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
grin
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by auntysimbiat(f): 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
hmmmm... Na wa o
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Abradek(m): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
Lie Muhammad by the way..
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by auntysimbiat(f): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
Take her for deliverance
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
Finances - lie
Family - lie
Sexual experience - lie
Overall personality - lie

Calmly carry yourself and go your way solo (even if married).
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by emmaattack: 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
Borrow Legs and don't ever forget Ben Johnson...
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
Form a more terrible lying habit. Even lie when there is nothing to lie about. Maybe the person will use his tongue to count his teeth then.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by pjsmart(m): 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
This is a difficult situation to be in honestly. Dont break your marriage but just dont believe anything he/she says even the obvious ones that is true and let him/her knw u dont believe it. The agony of knowing that your words are never believed is far greater than being lied and it will necessitate a change.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by MoraxLanre(m): 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
Walk Away.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by dingbang(m): 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
I can't even marry someone that lies to me in the first place.. No matter how little the lie is
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Memories12411: 10:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
You enjoyed the lies from the beginning that why is you are able to survive it for 8 years. Multiple lies are needed to cover a lie.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by braine(m): 10:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
Flashh:
I can't stand a girlfriend/wife who is a liar.

Same here. The relationship kolewerk rara.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by dkronicle(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I really don't see why you feel bad about being lied to.
You've lived with this person for 8years and this person lies habitually to you.

Your partner is lying to you out of love.
Any person who lies to you cares about you so much to the extent they'd rather lie than hurt you with the truth.

I honestly think the problem is with you...
Your partner believes you don't deserve being told the truth.
You probably have difficulties handling the truth yet you always demand for it thereby putting your partner in a tight corner.
You have to prove that you can take the truth then you will start getting it.

You could also learn how to lie as well,
Sometimes it's good to give people a taste of their own medicine.
When you've beat your partner to the lying game; he/she would give up and a resolution on truth will be reached.

Lying has it's merits and demerits.
Trust me, in a country like Nigeria where honesty is extinct; a good liar is an asset.

S/he can become a spokesperson in any of the nations political party or an aide to a politician.
Better still; like my guy Lugbe has rightly adviced...ask your partner to partner with Lai Mohammed

That way, the lying will be very productive for your family.

this is madness
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by ginggerxy: 10:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
lols
I dream of having a smart wife..
having a too honest wife will be boring, I live figuring things out... it's challenging and exciting, Naturally I am very honest... so while she should enjoy my honesty, I want to enjoy her cunningness...

Knowing that lying entails u, Putin urself in the others brain and mind. to know what will make him believe u, n hw to manipulate it to be surreal...
I feel people who know how to lie convincingly are the smartest folks out there... I want to hv super kids.. so I am for the best.
#DeceptionIsAnArt.
most cunning ppl are cheats,also most cheats are liars and most liars are thieves. In all just be careful wht you wish for
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Flashh: 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
braine:

Same here. The relationship kolewerk rara.
Abi na.

Even if a girl lies to someone on phone to cover up her tracks in my presence, I would be impulsed to ask her why the lie? Then, tell it straight to her,; if she can lie to someone in my presence, definitely she can lie to me as well.

I would always find it difficult to believe most of what she says.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
ginggerxy:
most cunning ppl are cheats,also most cheats are liars and most liars are thieves. In all just be careful wht you wish for

lols.
I just need a wife with a moral compass.
having read lots of grand scale conspiracy n detective novels, I think like a cheat... but I hv a moral compass to guide me... so just think how a THIEVE will think, so as to safeguard against him..

having a cunning and smart wife... will make a collabo of Bony/Clyde and Robin of the hoods of us.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Slai1: 10:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
Only The Holy Spirit can arrest that situation.

I doubt if you and your partner are truly born again.
Ensure you go to where the presence of God is resident. Turn your lives to Jesus. Get preoccupied with service in God's House. Make study of the Word of God and prayers a daily thing (at least twice everyday) and before you know it, that demon spirit will be out and you will rescue your home.

There is no man/woman created by God that cannot be fixed by Him. The manufacturer always has the absolute knowledge of the product. He equally has the parts that might require replacement.

Trust Jesus, His solution is total.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by braine(m): 10:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
Flashh:

Abi na.

Even if a girl lies to someone on phone to cover up her tracks in my presence, I would be impulsed to ask her why the lie? Then, tell it straight to her,; if she can lie to someone in my presence, definitely she can lie to me as well.

I would always find it difficult to believe most of what she says.

Lol! Its funny this happened to me today. I think it runs naturally in their blood and we have to find a way to get used to it.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Flashh: 10:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
braine:

Lol! Its funny this happened to me today. I think it runs naturally in their blood and we have to find a way to get used to it.
The bolded... I am not in the mood to laugh this night abeg! grin

This happened to me on Sunday. I went to visit her,then she lied to a guy on phone that she is not at home, when that guy said he wants to come see her. But because I was around, she lied that she isn't at home.

Then, I told her if I'm not around she would welcome him in the presence of her two friends that came to visit her before I got to her place, then I asked her "why the lie"? She said he's just a course mate(which implies no string attached).

I wasn't cool with it(lieing).

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Krystaal(m): 10:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
Lol I lie a lot, I mean very well...so I can't marry someone that lies too if not...our children no go even know the meaning of truth
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by MissRaine69(f): 10:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
Are you married to a pathological liar or a psychopath?
Does the person actually show remorse, guilt,shame ,stress or empathy or do they try to justify their lies?
Psychopaths show no remorse and will never change. Pathological lying can be treated how feasible this is in Nigeria I am not very hopeful.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by MissRaine69(f): 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
Krystaal:
Lol I lie a lot, I mean very well...so I can't marry someone that lies too if not...our children no go even know the meaning of truth
That's nothing to be proud off .
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by MissRaine69(f): 10:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

lols.
I just need a wife with a moral compass.
having read lots of grand scale conspiracy n detective novels, I think like a cheat... but I hv a moral compass to guide me... so just think how a THIEVE will think, so as to safeguard against him..

having a cunning and smart wife... will make a collabo of Bony/Clyde and Robin of the hoods of us.
Are you high?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
pocohantas:
1StopRudeness that doesn't mind if his wife doesn't trust him, abeg...come and comment. I know in your case you didn't do anything, but share your tips on how to laugh over distrust.

Pocohontas yaf come on again...always on the PMS mode...... grin
Did I tell u I don't mind if my wife doesn't trust me...
Babe, U be Ogbanje?? You are a pro in turning someone's statement around...chaiiii
The context of our previous discussion when I said I will laff it off..was when u said if my partner starts to check my phone for no reason, and that's just a flimsy matter, u women suspect us over small thing...its no big deal checking phones naa, me I beliv if a woman stops suspecting me, means she doesn't love me anymore...and that is why if I'm clean and not cheating on her..i will only laff about it and reassure her I love her scatter ...

About handling unnecessary distrust:
Some can't handle pple offending dem in a very hurtful way and they might never forget..for pple like this, it's usually a psychological problems that came from the family they grew up in usually from the dad or mom repeatedly hurting one another over and over leading to unhappiness causing the kids to have trust issue complex..sometimes u don't even need to offend them they will just have reservations on their trust level for you.
Me, I cannot marry such a person in the first place cos I go don spot such psychological madness several miles away.....lets say love yaf blinded my two eyes and I marry...it is that same love that will make me constantly reassure the wife of my love and faithfulness till death do us part....

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
MissRaine69:

Are you high?
lols
yhaaa... it's my default life mode.... dats y I don't go near weed and other combustible stuffs.. coz everything will just go Kaboomm.

I love me, You should too.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by tessyk87(f): 10:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
[quote author=Homeboiy post=58586481]Simple nah
U should turn to a liar as well
no big deal
Seriously
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Krystaal(m): 10:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
MissRaine69:
That's nothing to be proud off .
well you can see I'm working on myself cause I said the truth nowgrin
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Homeboiy: 10:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
[quote author=tessyk87 post=58598063][/quote]

see babe u fine oo
I don't lie, I be pastor son

make I pm u
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by rsalami(f): 10:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I really don't see why you feel bad about being lied to.
You've lived with this person for 8years and this person lies habitually to you.

Your partner is lying to you out of love.
Any person who lies to you cares about you so much to the extent they'd rather lie than hurt you with the truth.

I honestly think the problem is with you...
Your partner believes you don't deserve being told the truth.
You probably have difficulties handling the truth yet you always demand for it thereby putting your partner in a tight corner.
You have to prove that you can take the truth then you will start getting it.

You could also learn how to lie as well,
Sometimes it's good to give people a taste of their own medicine.
When you've beat your partner to the lying game; he/she would give up and a resolution on truth will be reached.

Lying has it's merits and demerits.
Trust me, in a country like Nigeria where honesty is extinct; a good liar is an asset.

S/he can become a spokesperson in any of the nations political party or an aide to a politician.
Better still; like my guy Lugbe has rightly adviced...ask your partner to partner with Lai Mohammed

That way, the lying will be very productive for your family.

bravo
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by MichaelUweh(m): 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
I will nail her on the cross of wickedness...
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by MissRaine69(f): 11:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
Krystaal:

well you can see I'm working on myself cause I said the truth nowgrin
Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" / I "Hate" My Parents / Every Home Has That Smell Unique To It. What Smell Is Unique To Your Home? Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.