Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? (14092 Views)

Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time / Emmanuel Arigbe-Osula: "Uwa Brown Is A Dirty Liar, Blackmailer" - Osa Osula Says / What To Do If Your Partner Is Avoiding You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by rsalami(f): 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
folakemigeh:
I dont know if it's a general thing with we Africans, but majority of us lie a lot, from our pastors to our Imams, from our teachers to our lecturers,

to our Boss at work, from our parents to our siblings, even from the presidency to the common masses..

I even still told a lie today, i over exaggerated a story by adding my own edited part..

Now to the topic, when one is a chronic liar then that person is suffering from inferiority complex and needs to see a psychologist
i concur
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by tessyk87(f): 11:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
Homeboiy:

see babe u fine oo
I don't lie, I be pastor son

make I pm u
lol..I no go Ans you
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Josephjnr(m): 11:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
banjicom:
embarassed

this is so sad!

how do you end up married to dat kind of person in the first place.
Na hard question o.You wan call am Yeye person?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Naruto87(m): 11:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
lol...in my case its not what I should do..it's more like what i did when in found out mine was a very chronic liar(I know that grammer is wrong but who he emp?). after a little while we seperated . remember ur wife is an image of ur daughter both in aperance and character so marry a person u want ur daughter to be and also u can't always catch a chronic liar, so just imagine those liars u didn't notice which may include as sex escapades and same may happen after marriage.. prevention is better than cure.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by repogirl(f): 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
Nah! I can't stand liars. We all lie at one time or the other ofcourse, but the way some people lie is unforgivable. They will lie about even the smallest things. They will lie to you, for you, about you and even at you. Can't stand such pathological liars abeg.

Na to cut that kind useless relationship before it leads anywhere be that.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Zeusd3(m): 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
A man in love never lies..... If you really love someone being truthful is one of the trait of Love..... So if he lies that means he hasn't ​been transparent and don't love....
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by kaywhy09(m): 11:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
What kind of question is this!

Have you ever seen a lady agreeing to marry a guy who does not lie? embarassed
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Burgerlomo: 11:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
Please is he or she related to our own Lie Mohammed?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Iamsammy(m): 11:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
I walkaway from my 1st marriage coz of lies, blessing can lie for Africa, someone dat will lie and stand by it. Wherever u are, double tuale for u

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Eluwilussit(m): 12:21am On Jul 19, 2017
farous:
Your partner (Husband/wife) of more than 8years of marriage is a chronic/serial liar that refused to change right from the year of the marriage till date, a lie that hurts deeply and difficult to forget even if you have forgiven, even when you have full evidence that he/she did it,he/she will keep telling the lie and can never accept unless you have shown him/her full evidence before he/she will accept.

Next time, he/she will still lie to you, and this has been the trend for the past 8 years. There is no steps that have not been taken for him/her to stop telling lies and amend his/her ways, all to no avail. It is now obvious that its is very hard if not total impossible for him/her to change.

Undoubtedly, the EFFECT is the opposite partner is being engulfed by lack of trust from the partner and has been bearing it in order not to break the marriage and hoping that changes will come for years,but none and now fed up with the marriage of distrust/lack of happiness that defy change of character and is now considering divorce.

Those that understand the meaning of lack of trust in a marriage know how deeply hurt it is. What do you think?

Go and read your bible very well. You will never see where it is written that we should trust our spouses. Instead, we are advised to put our complete trust in God.We are totally warned not to put our trust in humans.

Men are advised to love their wives and women to submit to their husbands. If you understand the reasoning, you will come to understand that God himself knows that we are fuccked up as humans and cannot be trusted. Hence He warned us in advance.

I am married. If you think that there is anybody out there that doesn't lie, you are mistaken. Stop chasing the negative attributes. Look for positives and strengths. We are habitually liars. Mostly acquired as a defense mechanism.

Now i am not encouraging anyone to lie. It is not virtuous. It hurts to be lied to. It takes wisdom to accept that your spouse is a bloody liar. Remember for better for worse, includes lying as well.

Do not divorce your wife because of that. Accept that u married a liar and bear your cross as a man. I am sure you can't claim not to have any fault. Can you? Marriage no be beans. A lotta patience, understanding, long-suffering, commitment, and above all faith in God is required. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by baby124: 12:57am On Jul 19, 2017
For some people it's an illness. When they say good morning, pls go outside and make sure it's morning...

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by LordKO(m): 1:10am On Jul 19, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
lols
I dream of having a smart wife..
having a too honest wife will be boring, I live figuring things out... it's challenging and exciting, Naturally I am very honest... so while she should enjoy my honesty, I want to enjoy her cunningness...

Knowing that lying entails u, Putin urself in the others brain and mind. to know what will make him believe u, n hw to manipulate it to be surreal...
I feel people who know how to lie convincingly are the smartest folks out there... I want to hv super kids.. so I am for the best.
#DeceptionIsAnArt.

Your submission caught my attention. Kindly be mindful of what you wish. There's nothing good about lie and deceit (perfidiousness). Perfidiousness is never the same thing as dishonesty, neither is it a sign of cleverness. . . Every act of perfidy is detrimental to the receiver but acts of dishonesty are not detrimental to the receiver. I wonder why you would wish for a perfidious partner/offspring when you can have a smart ones. Honesty remains the best policy in business/life. Smartness is a product of intelligence and honesty.

Tell me that you'd be bored having a truthful wife and I will agree with you. But sure, what you need is a honest wife not a perfidious wife. Note the differences among these words:

Perfidious person; someone that's intentionally deceitful and lie. Eg You are away from home, and your healthy wife, whom you left with enough money, out of greed called you, darling, I am seriously sick and need urgent medical attention, send me money urgently because I may die before the next few hours if I don't receive treatment immediately - urgently, you send her money and she sit on it and laugh while you're drained both financially and emotionally.

Truthful person: someone that tells you exact situation of things even when such exactness can put either of you in danger. Eg while your wife who's at home is being held captive by assassins, who have come purposely to kill you once they see you but will leave without harming anyone if they didn't see you after some hours, but luckily you weren't at home at that point in time. Then you called your wife and tell her that you are about coming home and asked if she's home, and your wife says, yes I am at home at the moment but I am being held captive by assassins who are after you, if you come now they will kill you. . . I hope you can see that even though she was truthful to you, yet she has put herself in danger. This is a clear example of having a bored person as a partner.

Honest person; someone that tells you things that are beneficial to you at any given time, and intentionally conceal facts that are detrimental to you. Eg while your wife who's at home is being held captive by assassins, who have come purposely to kill you, but luckily you weren't at home at that point in time, then you called your wife that you are about coming home and asked if she's there and your wife says, no I am not at home at the moment so stay put where you're, when I get home I will inform you so that you will start coming back. . . . I hope you can see that even though she was dishonest to you about her location, yet she meant well for you. This is what is called cleverness. And this is why I said above that "Every act of perfidy is detrimental to the receiver but acts of dishonesty are never detrimental to the receiver."

In summary, wish yourself a wife who's honest - can be dishonest when time permits - but one who's neither truthful nor perfidious.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Mrkumareze(m): 1:42am On Jul 19, 2017
Just believe in your self. Don't give him room to any of your dealings and always avoid any chance of discussing issues with him as that may ends nne lies .
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by BABANGBALI: 3:33am On Jul 19, 2017
Only lie Mohammed's wife can answer this question correctly
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by BlessJentle(m): 4:20am On Jul 19, 2017
When you got married. You vowed it is for better for worst so you can't leave him/her. You have to pray for him/her and believe God will do it.
Christian Watch.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Ekperechukwu: 4:43am On Jul 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I really don't see why you feel bad about being lied to.
You've lived with this person for 8years and this person lies habitually to you.

Your partner is lying to you out of love.
Any person who lies to you cares about you so much to the extent they'd rather lie than hurt you with the truth.

I honestly think the problem is with you...
Your partner believes you don't deserve being told the truth.
You probably have difficulties handling the truth yet you always demand for it thereby putting your partner in a tight corner.
You have to prove that you can take the truth then you will start getting it.

You could also learn how to lie as well,
Sometimes it's good to give people a taste of their own medicine.
When you've beat your partner to the lying game; he/she would give up and a resolution on truth will be reached.

Lying has it's merits and demerits.
Trust me, in a country like Nigeria where honesty is extinct; a good liar is an asset.

S/he can become a spokesperson in any of the nations political party or an aide to a politician.
Better still; like my guy Lugbe has rightly adviced...ask your partner to partner with Lai Mohammed

That way, the lying will be very productive for your family.

have u made any sense now?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Tripplejay23(m): 4:52am On Jul 19, 2017
Omo na trick red card a go give am
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by sisisioge: 5:45am On Jul 19, 2017
Hmmmm...how that kind thing wan happen to me in the first place? No chance of me marrying any liar...it just can't happen biko. Tell me the truth or plead the 5th. Na truth policy we dey run. If you are caught in a lie, then you've made a monkery of your several truths. Na from courtship you for don ask yourself if you could deal...no vex.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 5:58am On Jul 19, 2017
LordKO:

Your submission caught my attention. Kindly be mindful of what you wish. There's nothing good about lie and deceit (perfidiousness). Perfidiousness is never the same thing as dishonesty, neither is it a sign of cleverness. . . Every act of perfidy is detrimental to the receiver but acts of dishonesty are not detrimental to the receiver. I wonder why you would wish for a perfidious partner/offspring when you can have a smart ones. Honesty remains the best policy in business/life. Smartness is a product of intelligence and honesty.

Tell me that you'd be bored having a truthful wife and I will agree with you. But sure, what you need is a honest wife not a perfidious wife. Note the differences among these words:

Perfidious person; someone that's intentionally deceitful and lie. Eg You are away from home, and your healthy wife, whom you left with enough money, out of greedy called you, darling, I am seriously sick and need urgent medical attention, send me money urgently because I may die before the next few hours if I don't receive treatment immediately - urgently, you send her money and she sit on it and laugh while you're drained both financially and emotionally.

Truthful person: someone that tells you exact situation of things even when such exactness can put either of you in danger. Eg while your wife who's at home is being held captive by assassins, who have come purposely to kill you once they see you but will leave without harming anyone if they didn't see you after some hours, but luckily you weren't at home at that point in time. Then you called your wife and tell her that you are about coming home and asked if she's home, and your wife says, yes I am at home at the moment but I am being held captive by assassins who are after you, if you come now they will kill you. . . I hope you can see that even though she was truthful to you, yet she has put herself in danger. This is a clear example of having a bored person as a partner.

Honest person; someone that tells you things that are beneficial to you at any given time, and intentionally conceal facts that are detrimental to you. Eg while your wife who's at home is being held captive by assassins, who have come purposely to kill you, but luckily you weren't at home at that point in time, then you called your wife that you are about coming home and asked if she's there and your wife says, no I am not at home at the moment so stay put where you're, when I get home I will inform you so that you will start coming back. . . . I hope you can see that even though she was dishonest to you about her location, yet she meant well for you. This is what is called cleverness. And this is why I said above that "Every act of perfidy is detrimental to the receiver but not all acts of dishonesty are detrimental to the receiver."

In summary, wish yourself a wife who's honest - can be dishonest when time permits - but one who's neither truthful nor perfidious.

lols no preach again dear..
I get wife already, She's the cleannest girl I hv ever met, She's a virgin both in mind and down there...
I am the cunny and Smart one...
but I am not perfidious.... just that I always find simplier way of getting things done...

she on the other hand sticks to the rule... me, I bend them without breaking... was just joking shaa...
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Sike(m): 6:33am On Jul 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I really don't see why you feel bad about being lied to.
You've lived with this person for 8years and this person lies habitually to you.

Your partner is lying to you out of love.
Any person who lies to you cares about you so much to the extent they'd rather lie than hurt you with the truth.

I honestly think the problem is with you...
Your partner believes you don't deserve being told the truth.
You probably have difficulties handling the truth yet you always demand for it thereby putting your partner in a tight corner.
You have to prove that you can take the truth then you will start getting it.

You could also learn how to lie as well,
Sometimes it's good to give people a taste of their own medicine.
When you've beat your partner to the lying game; he/she would give up and a resolution on truth will be reached.

Lying has it's merits and demerits.
Trust me, in a country like Nigeria where honesty is extinct; a good liar is an asset.

S/he can become a spokesperson in any of the nations political party or an aide to a politician.
Better still; like my guy Lugbe has rightly adviced...ask your partner to partner with Lai Mohammed

That way, the lying will be very productive for your family.

Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Homeboiy: 6:36am On Jul 19, 2017
tessyk87:
lol..I no go Ans you

No dey form

I no ask u for number o
just to chat with u for email
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by IFNOTGOD(m): 6:38am On Jul 19, 2017
LUGBE:
Refer the partner to Liar Mohammed for certification tongue

Omo no b small certification, certified liar
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Mcreloaded(m): 7:43am On Jul 19, 2017
Always have evidence of the lies as one da monkey go go market it no go come back.
Who knows the evidence u keep will save you some day as her lies can send u to an early grave or prison and the worst part people always sympathies with women and always believe their lies you will end up loosing your children as children will never believe their mother is a liar.
Always gather evidence by having a phone recorder, make photocopies of all documents or better still end the marriage as she is not worth it.
It is better people laugh at you that your marriage is over than for them to cry that you are dead.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by Psoul(m): 8:44am On Jul 19, 2017
I have a girlfriend like that, but as a smart guy, i tapped her Whatsapp, Facebook and Calls. So all her moves are at my fingertips. I decided not to bother about whatever she does. I loved her so much but she kept breaking my heart until dat day i decided that it is now game that we are into.

I kept tormenting her on all her secret moves. As she is chatting, I am reading her chats even if she is in Abuja and i am in Lagos. If she goes into Facebook or Facebook messenger, I see all she does. If she makes call, i get the detail discussion. So if she books appointment wt a guy, let's say Friday by 4pm. It's that same time that i will ask her to come and see me. If she went ahead to honour the other guy, I will disturb her phone that she won't concentrate on the date (Mischievous me).

If she comes back, I will tell her where she went to and the guy she f**ked. I am just enjoying the game. It makes her so uncomfortable. The problem is that she doesn't want to lose me. So I have the 4 Ace of the game.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by rickyrex(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2017
simple just buy a lying detector machine
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by ALLI1009(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2017
keep calm with him or her the angel you know is better than the one you don't know
that is part of love.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by nelson16(m): 10:10am On Jul 19, 2017
A stitch in time would have saved nine, but the milk is already spilt, so crying won't help. Management is the option! There's really not a man that can't be changed; keep trying, maybe, just maybe, the next attempt might hit the C chord!
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by joinnow: 10:10am On Jul 19, 2017
UnknownT:
Whoever endured a lying partner for 8years, can endure for 100 years. Yes, that's my own opinion

Just like biz that survive first 5years
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by joinnow: 10:13am On Jul 19, 2017
Psoul:
I have a girlfriend like that, but as a smart guy, i tapped her Whatsapp, Facebook and Calls. So all her moves are at my fingertips. I decided not to bother about whatever she does. I loved her so much but she kept breaking my heart until dat day i decided that it is now game that we are into.

I kept tormenting her on all her secret moves. As she is chatting, I am reading her chats even if she is in Abuja and i am in Lagos. If she goes into Facebook or Facebook messenger, I see all she does. If she makes call, i get the detail discussion. So if she books appointment wt a guy, let's say Friday by 4pm. It's that same time that i will ask her to come and see me. If she went ahead to honour the other guy, I will disturb her phone that she won't concentrate on the date (Mischievous me).

If she comes back, I will tell her where she went to and the guy she f**ked. I am just enjoying the game. It makes her so uncomfortable. The problem is that she doesn't want to lose me. So I have the 4 Ace of the game.

Dont worry when she gives u HIV you no go call am game. Gameboy
Re: What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? by stilldoingokay(f): 10:40am On Jul 19, 2017
you too you start lying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I "Hate" My Parents / The Best Legacy To Give Your Child / Every Home Has That Smell Unique To It. What Smell Is Unique To Your Home? Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.