Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

The Comments Lai Mohammed Made And The Good To Nigeria Creative Industry - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Comments Lai Mohammed Made And The Good To Nigeria Creative Industry (641 Views)

BBNaija: Lai Mohammed Orders NBC To Stop BBN Over COVID-19 – The Cable / Tony Elumelu, Lai Mohammed At Omoni Oboli’s Premiere Of "Wives On Strike" / Big Brother Naija: Lai Mohammed Directs NBC To Investigate Location Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Comments Lai Mohammed Made And The Good To Nigeria Creative Industry by sybarite7(m): 1:54am On Jul 19, 2017
I know some people will disagree with this post
I will start by telling my fellow nairalanders that we need to get close to people before we judge them.am not partisan and before now I don't like the man called LAI MOHAMMED, but the two days conference I attended changed my perspective about him,he is one of the minister who is ready to work with the youth ,who is ready to boost the creative industry .
sorry for the long write ups and pardon my grammatical errors if any .
I attended the just concluded CREATIVE NIGERIA SUMMIT ,a conference organized by the ministry of information ,culture and tourism themed:FINANCING THE FILM,TELEVISION AND MUSIC INDUSTRY
we had various speakers ,panelist ,moderators who were from different works of life and we had speakers from outside Nigeria who brought ideas on how we can build and sustain our entertainment industry .
however the issue I would love to address is the false news carried around social media about the comments Mr Lai Mohammed made,I think he was misquoted by bloggers .
he is aware about the comments ,and he categorically spoke about it today and he said
1)NBC(Nigeria broadcasting commission) CODE WILL BE AMENDED IN ORDER TO FORCE PEOPLE IN ENTERTAINMENT TO SHOOT VIDEOS IN NIGERIA 'which simply means,what NBC will do is to regulate its sector, that if a program, video etc is not 60% Nigerian content it won't be aired ,so he didn't say he wants to ban artist from shooting videos outside Nigeria
2)'Companies must start supporting Nigerian leagues if they want to support international teams. Local leagues must be supported
3)a beverage company in Nigeria went as far as using foreign football start in their advert ,for a beverage consumed in Nigeria and they pay royalty to the football club,if half of that money was given to a Nigerian club to do same advert won't it boost our leagues and club .
4) if you go to Ghana or south Africa to shoot video, you must employ their citizens, pay tax to them also,which will boost their economy .
5)we keep saying there is no infrastructures in place ,he said 'if a company keep telling a candidate seeking for job in his firm ,that he must have 10years experience ,and he moves to another company same criteria how and when will that person acquire the experience. so if we invest and continue to shoot videos in Nigeria we are going to help force the government to create infrastructure/and employ others .
, this is the only administration a summit like this have been put together so the youth, entertainment moguls and government interact to provide solution on how to finance the entertainment industry, sustain it and show it to the world. with what I saw 17/18 July 2017 ,I think and I know the minister of information culture and tourism is ready to help boost our entertainment industry. he was very open, friendly to people ,he took time to take pictures. with the audience and I learnt a thing or two from the conference.
Re: The Comments Lai Mohammed Made And The Good To Nigeria Creative Industry by VictorJoshua(m): 2:53am On Jul 19, 2017
Nice One, I'm Glad U Learnt A Thing Or Two From The Conference,pls Who Is Ordering The Arrest Of Peter Okoye?
Re: The Comments Lai Mohammed Made And The Good To Nigeria Creative Industry by MrDude: 4:11am On Jul 19, 2017
Utter garbage! Going by Lai Mohammeds logic, Buhari should also come back home to a local hospital so as to employ our doctors and nurses and to grow our health sector. APC; Confused bunch of charlatans undecided
Re: The Comments Lai Mohammed Made And The Good To Nigeria Creative Industry by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 19, 2017
[s]
sybarite7:
I know some people will disagree with this post
I will start by letting my fellow nairalanders that we need to get close to people before we judge them.am not partisan and before now I don't like the man called LAI MOHAMMED, but the two days conference I attended changed my perspective about him,he is one of the minister who is ready to work with the youth ,who is ready to boost the creative industry.
sorry for the long write ups and pardon my grammatical errors if any.
I attended the just concluded CREATIVE NIGERIA SUMMIT ,a conference organized by the ministry of information ,culture and tourism themed:FINANCING THE FILM,TELEVISION AND MUSIC INDUSTRY
we had various speakers ,panelist ,moderators who were from different works of life and we had speakers from outside Nigeria who brought ideas on how we can build and sustain our entertainment industry.
however the issue I would love to address is the false news carried around social media about the comments Mr Lai Mohammed made,I think he was misquoted by bloggers.
he is aware about the comments ,and he categorically spoke about it today and he said
1)NBC(Nigeria broadcasting commission) CODE WILL BE AMENDED IN ORDER TO FORCE PEOPLE IN ENTERTAINMENT TO SHOOT VIDEOS IN NIGERIA 'which simply means,what NBC will do is to regulate its sector, that if a program, video etc is not 60% Nigerian content it won't be aired ,so he didn't say he wants to ban artist from shooting videos outside Nigeria
2)'Companies must start supporting Nigerian leagues if they want to support international teams. Local leagues must be supported
3)a beverage company in Nigeria went as far as using foreign football start in their advert ,for a beverage consumed in Nigeria and they pay royalty to the football club,if half of that money was given to a Nigerian club to do same advert won't it boost our leagues and club.
4) if you go to Ghana or south Africa to shoot video, you must employ their citizens, pay tax to them also,which will boost their economy.
5)we keep saying there is no infrastructures in place ,he said 'if a company keep telling a candidate seeking for job in his firm ,that he must have 10years experience ,and he moves to another company same criteria how and when will that person acquire the experience. so if we invest and continue to shoot videos in Nigeria we are going to help force the government to create infrastructure/and employ others .
, this is the only administration a summit like this have been put together so the youth, entertainment moguls and government interact to provide solution on how to finance the entertainment industry, sustain it and show it to the world. with what I saw 17/18 July 2017 ,I think and I know the minister of information culture and tourism is ready to help boost our entertainment industry. he was very open, friendly to people ,he took time to take pictures. with the audience.and I learnt a thing or two from the conference.
[/s]

NEXT
Re: The Comments Lai Mohammed Made And The Good To Nigeria Creative Industry by sybarite7(m): 6:51am On Jul 19, 2017
Bitcoin1000:
[s][/s]

NEXT
SORRY IF YOU FELT OFFENDED BY MY POST AREN'T YOU THE GIRL WITH SPIRITUAL ISSUES WHOM GUYS DUMP AFTER HAVING SEX WITH? OR ARE U HAVING HEALTH RELATED ISSUE ,MAYBE YOU STINK DOWN THERE.
Re: The Comments Lai Mohammed Made And The Good To Nigeria Creative Industry by sybarite7(m): 6:54am On Jul 19, 2017
VictorJoshua:
Nice One, I'm Glad U Learnt A Thing Or Two From The Conference,pls Who Is Ordering The Arrest Of Peter Okoye?
I UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT SIR,BUT I TRULY DON'T KNOW WHO IS ORDERING THE ARREST OF PETER OKOYE,WHAT I KNOW IS THAT, THE ORDER HAVEN'T TAKEN EFFECT

(1) (Reply)

Linkin Park Singer And Father Of Six Chester Bennington Commits Suicide, Aged 41 / Nigerian Subscribers Of TSTV Shocked As Bein Sports Accuses Them Of Illegal View / The Top 10 Movies In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.