Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,773 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:46 PM

Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo (16974 Views)

Lagos State Civil Service Staff Buses: The Old Vs. The New (PHOTOS) / How To Survive A Storm While Stuck In Your Car / How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by CastedDude: 5:50am On Jul 19, 2017
Mr Godwin Oga, a 46 year old staff of Benue State Environmental Sanitation Agency (BENSESA) has resorted to hawking groundnuts on the streets of the state capital, Makurdi because to survive. The father of three revealed that he started the business last month after he was unable to provide food for his family following governments in ability to pay salaries for several months.

Speaking to Benue News, he said;

“I have so far spent 15 years in service with BENSESA and have also been screened in the ongoing state government screening exercise. “I started this groundnut business earlier in June this year to prevent hunger and starvation of my family and to buy medications” he explained.

Mr Oga added that despite being a laughing stock, he preferred the business to stealing, urging other civil servants in the same situation as his, to also seek alternative means of survival.

Recall that that state government owes upwards of five months unpaid salaries to state governments workers and eight months for local government workers and teachers; pensioners are also owed over a year’s wages.

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/benue-civil-servant-hawk-groundnuts-survive-unpaid-salary-photo.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 19, 2017
The old drunkard called Ortom is always thinking of Wheelbarrow empowerment for the citizen of the state.

A fish rots from the head down, and Ortom is the head of the fish.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by Evergreen4(m): 5:53am On Jul 19, 2017
Gov. Ortom whyyyyyy?

3 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by GoodBehave: 5:55am On Jul 19, 2017
Ninja which way!
Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by Flexherbal(m): 6:01am On Jul 19, 2017
Our leaders are taking us for granted.

1 Like

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by hakeem4(m): 6:02am On Jul 19, 2017
Ortomatic suffering

Why are people always blaming buhari. Why don't they blame their state governments?

15 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 19, 2017
I hear their incompetent gorvo seeks reelection

1 Like

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by Atiku2019: 6:05am On Jul 19, 2017
Baba Atiku all the way cool
Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by EmekaBlue(m): 6:06am On Jul 19, 2017
lets enjoy sai baba administration grin

lets kip voting more mallams like the one above me next.

1 Like

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by zinachidi(m): 6:07am On Jul 19, 2017
This country na scam, aswear.
Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by madridguy(m): 6:07am On Jul 19, 2017
I can bet with my breakfast that same man will still protest for the useless governor if the FG challenge him of not paying salaries after receiving many funds from them. I think the immunity clause should be scrapped away for our governors to get at work. How could a governor be so heartless after receiving bail out funds and also Paris funds. Majority of our governors need to be drag out of office.

9 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by madridguy(m): 6:10am On Jul 19, 2017
What is Sai Baba connection with a failed state Governor?

EmekaBlue:
lets enjoy sai baba administration grin

lets kip voting more mallams like the one above me next.
Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 19, 2017
We warn them against APC. I warn my Darling friend Neva to vote for apc, dat party is a scam. now she calls me everyday for different reasons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by SalamRushdie: 6:19am On Jul 19, 2017
Even though Buhari is incompetent the problem of Benue is beyond Buhari's incompetence, it is a special case of what what electing a slowpoke for a governor can cause

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by teemanbastos(m): 6:27am On Jul 19, 2017
I hope and pray that the paris refund cash is utilized judiciously
Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by nextprince: 6:27am On Jul 19, 2017
madridguy:
I can bet with my breakfast that same man will still protest for the useless governor if the FG challenge him of not paying salaries after receiving many funds from them. I think the immunity clause should be scrapped away for our governors to get at work. How could a governor be so heartless after receiving bail out funds and also Paris funds. Majority of our governors need to be drag out of office.
I assure you, the unpaid civil servants, their brothers, sisters and children were all over the places including nairaland insulting & cursing the living daylights out of Magu and the presidency when reports of investigation into alleged mismanagement of bail out funds got to the public.
To them, everything is about PDP/APC. You will see sub-humans talking about independence of a tier and I used to be like, what d fvck? Are these ones alright? How can supposed adults be at lose on who exactly to be tagged enemy?
Yet, you will still see blockheads shouting Buhari on a governor's insensitivity to his people's plight.

6 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by Homeboiy: 6:46am On Jul 19, 2017
Good for them

Was he not among those shouting sai baba

Orton must win

This one na just the beginning, by the time Orton finish with them, sorry go be their name

2 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by madridguy(m): 8:56am On Jul 19, 2017
God alone will help us.

nextprince:

I assure you, the unpaid civil servants, their brothers, sisters and children were all over the places including nairaland insulting & cursing the living daylights out of Magu and the presidency when reports of investigation into alleged mismanagement of bail out funds got to the public.
To them, everything is about PDP/APC. You will see sub-humans talking about independence of a tier and I used to be like, what d fvck? Are these ones alright? How can supposed adults be at lose on who exactly to be tagged enemy?
Yet, you will still see blockheads shouting Buhari on a governor's insensitivity to his people's plight.
Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by davillian(m): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2017
When Nigerians finish complaining about bad government. They will still find means of survival.
Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by MadCow1: 9:12am On Jul 19, 2017
What job did he do in the civil service please..

1 Like

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by yanjutomi(m): 9:13am On Jul 19, 2017
Haaaaa ortom after collecting excess Paris club deduduction . This is wickedness APC = HAZARDOUS GOVERNMENT " ANARCHY BREEDING"
Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 19, 2017
Pay them their salary ooo! After this they'll still vote you for second term because they like you. cheesy

Salary should be a secondary source of income, don't depend on it.
This is what happens when you put your body and soul in only one source of revenue; salary for that matter!

1 Like

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by Kizyte(m): 9:13am On Jul 19, 2017
Buhari why? cry
Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2017
When this man enter second term grin
Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by three: 9:14am On Jul 19, 2017
The deceitfulness of CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by Acidosis(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2017
Nigerian Governors will continue to punish the citizens since the dwellers of these states have chosen to remain ignorant.

Nigerian Governors, not Senators, are the greatest threats to the citizens. The poorest Nigerian Governor today is 10 times wealthier than an average Nigerian Senator.
Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by banme1(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2017
omenka ur people are suffering o
Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by Cutezt(m): 9:15am On Jul 19, 2017
Chai

It shall never be well with that foreign based ugwu leaf

1 Like

Re: Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo by bukkielee(m): 9:15am On Jul 19, 2017
I thought Benue state was the "food basket of the nation"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? / List Of Common Problems And Their Solutions For Cars In The Rains. / Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.