Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,258 members, 7,807,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? (2527 Views)

Free Browsing For Visafone And Swift4g / Any VPN For Visafone? / Universal Evdo Wireless Router (4 Lan) For Visafone/statrcomms Etc Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by agboifo(f): 11:59pm On Feb 04, 2010
Hi,
I have two Starcomms izap internet devices.  Got the second one for a provider who did a job for me.
Now I'll like to replace one of the Starcomms for a Visafone, so to have an option

Anyone wants to make a swap, please post here.

My Starcomms is quite new so please the Visafone has to be fairly new as well.

Thanks
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by webgenius(m): 7:32pm On Feb 05, 2010
More info needed: are they PCI Cards or USB modems, if you were to sell, what will be your asking price, any active subscription on them etc
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by agboifo(f): 8:20pm On Feb 05, 2010
USB Modem. Specifically "EPIVALLEY"

I'm not selling; I said a swap.

Thanks.
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by webgenius(m): 7:36pm On Feb 06, 2010
You may not find a suitable interest, thus consider selling at least to recover your cost
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by agboifo(f): 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2010
Possibly.
N20,000 - N25,000 then. I bought it for N27,000 as it was a 9-9 package.
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by webgenius(m): 11:26pm On Feb 06, 2010
Be realistic, MTN modem is N8500, Glo modem is N8500. At least MTN is better. If you ask me it may be difficult selling above N15G. Someone I know is even offering it for N13G with 24 hour subscription. Modem prices have crashed.
Best of luck
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by agboifo(f): 11:31pm On Feb 06, 2010
Hi webgenius,
Thanks for taking the time to reply my posts - much appreciated.
You should not compare SIM-card based USB modems with CDMA, which are different and more expensive.
Actually I am being realistic. Take a look at this http://www.starcomms.com/business/izap_device4.aspx to see the current price of the exact device I'm offering.
Anyhow, I don't have to sell it.
Thanks again.
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by legalman: 10:24am On Mar 03, 2010
Hi, I am interested in making a swap. I have a visafone usb modem, and was thinking of buying a starcomms. My number is 08037946737, 08099536442, or negroprophet@gmail.com. You didn't leave a number.
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by agboifo(f): 10:30am On Mar 03, 2010
Oh legalman, where've you been? smiley

Just yesterday March 2, I got tired of searching and bit the bullet and bought a brand new Visafone one.

So now I'm willing to sell the Epivalley one of Starcomms.

By habit, I don't like leaving my phone number on forums. Since yours is here, if you reply to this that you're interested in buying it, I'll give you a call so you can give me an offer (I'll be considerate). I'm at Victoria Island.
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by Nobody: 2:34am On Mar 05, 2010
price
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by agboifo(f): 5:54am On Mar 05, 2010
Make an offer between 17k and 25k and I may listen.
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by callygood: 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2010
hey, i want to buy. but i need to know what plan is in it
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by legalman: 9:24pm On Mar 14, 2010
Hi,
It is legalman again. We spoke the other day, but I didn't save the number.I might still be interested in the izap modem. Would you give me a call, or send me your emailor digits so we can discuss it. You promised me a good deal on the modem. I am holding you to the promise.
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by agboifo(f): 9:44pm On Mar 14, 2010
Hi Legalman, np. I've sent you an email.
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by SmallBMighty: 2:02pm On Mar 15, 2010
I want to swip with u.
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by agboifo(f): 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
Sold
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by webgenius(m): 12:18pm On Mar 27, 2010
Congrats on the sale, hope you got a good bargain? How is the visafone working,heard they stopped the platinum package?
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by agboifo(f): 11:02pm On Mar 27, 2010
Hi there, yes, I got a fair deal.

About Visafone, by "Platinum" package, do you refer to the 24/7 and un-metered (unlimited) bandwidth? If so, NO, it has not been stopped. That is the package I am using at the moment. True, they have introduced limits to many of the others, but for N16,000 (sixteen thousand naira) monthly, you get the unlimited package.
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by webgenius(m): 3:56pm On Mar 28, 2010
That's cool. The modem you have, is it Novatel U 727? I already have this with ZOOM. A staff of Visafone was trying to offer me one for N27G, I told him I have the modem already and wanted to know if there was a way I could use the service with my modem,it appeared that was not going to be possible.
How good is the service, Zoom is working great for me, I also have Starcomms EVDO which is not in use now
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by agboifo(f): 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2010
Exact same device yes (Novatel).  A new one costs N17k at Visafone.

About using your Zoom with Visafone, I am sure they will tell you that it is not possible, but my guess is that it should be possible.  After all, should you damage your Visafone modem, all they need do is transfer your service to a new modem.  You may have to make an official approach to confirm the staff's claim.

Visafone is working quite well here in Victoria Island.  The primary reason I got it is for the times I work outside Lagos in surrounding villages of Oyo, Ogun State, etc. (even though Visafone defaults to 1x in those locations).  Since CDMAs have better upload quality, the gsm services was not an option for me (my job is mainly served-based).  While in Lagos, Visafone compares favorably with my Starcomms EVDO.  In fact, I am not renewing my Starcomms for now until Visafone expires early next month.  That tells you how well they compare.
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by webgenius(m): 11:38pm On Mar 29, 2010
Hi, I have found that they are usually in too much of a hurry to sell their modem for the high fee attached to them than to assist one in what should be possible. How does Visa compare to Zoom which I am using at the moment?
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 04, 2010
Hi Webgenius , so your starcomms evdo / izap which you are not using for now , how much would you like to sell.?
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by webgenius(m): 9:50pm On May 04, 2010
Hi Guddsid, just read your post. I have the AnyData E-100(BLUE) modem which I acquired over 3 years ago. I now use the Novatel U-727 which I got free from Zoom and which, in all honesty is better. I paid about N35,000 at that time to purchase the modem and I am sure I would not get anything near that if I wanted to sell.However, I am keeping it as a back-up to the Zoom, should it become useful in the future. I have other devices I could consider selling such as LSP-3000 Multilinks, Hauwei 2550 Starcomm table phone, and an MTN Sharkpod.
So let me know if any of these interests you.
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 05, 2010
well webgenius that depends on 2 things :is the multilinks 3G? and does the FBT /awuf thing still work with multilinks ?
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by newave: 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2010
somebody help me unlock starcomms epivalley cdma 1x usb modem please!!!, i can see all my friedn unlocking the MTN fast link but cant unlock [b]my starcomms neo, anybody with a clue
Re: Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? by Victork: 8:40am On Jan 09, 2011
Hi Agboifo,

I Have a new D200 Visafone mobile phone internet ready which you can use to browse on your Laptop/Computer at a speed of up to 153.6kbps, you can surf and also make calls with the phone. if you feel like swaping then call me on 07026440233.

Regards

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Skin Needed Urgently (Photo) / Ubuntu Wireless Card Incabability / Www.pendrive.com.my & Www.penskinz.com.my Arives Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.