Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North (22276 Views)

MASSOB Sets Deadline For Mass Return Of Lgbos From North / Quit Notice: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North / South-East Governors Almost Mobilized Buses, Trucks To Evacuate Igbos From North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by Victornezzar: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2017
beardlessdude:
Rubbbish! I am going nowhere.
mumu boy
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by mradonis(m): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2017
U sound like one who has sold ur ancestrial land to buy cars and now pained. Baba if u don't have a say just be quite. No one forced u to sell ur birth right for portage. Kid just talking trash online. Go and stand at berger area, since to re now the chief security officer.
Have ever pay tax or contributed to ths state b4. Abeg lagos needs more tax payers not nose makers.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by juman(m): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2017
quid:

APC only has Fulani Herdsmen & Women Agenda grin grin

Unfortunate.
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by OkoYibo: 11:42am On Jul 19, 2017
PointZerom:

You don't know the strength of an average Igbo man hence this rubbish. When you chased Ghana out of Nigeria it looks as if you have done them evil but today is Ghana not better than Nigeria?. Igbos are wise men from east and can survive any condition under the sun.
The Hausas that chased you from mile 12 to ogbomosho forest, hope your insults to them made it happen.

All this dogon turenchi and long talk is useless. You want to leave Nigeria but don't want to leave the north. Confused clowns.

If you guys leave Nigeria, you're going to be the largest population of IDPs in the world. As it stands now, your leaders are the worst in Nigeria. You guys have no future outside Nigeria apart from leeching on other regions.

Anambra against Enugu, Mbaise versus Owerri, Umuleri fighting Aguleri, all of them against Ebonyi. Worthless clowns.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by 111jideofor: 11:42am On Jul 19, 2017
This is another story that is making us believe that Yorubas are afraid of restoration of Biafra. Why must all Biafrans come home when Biafra is restored? Why are there Yorubas in the UK, US and other countries?, Kenya clamped down on Nigerians in Kenya and arrested about 40 Nigerians, more than 70% are Yorubas. Why are they not in their country Nigeria? Are there no Nigerians with properties outside Nigeria? My dear brother anybody can live and own properties anywhere in the world. That is the argument you are using to scare our brothers that made some of them afraid of Biafra restoration. Unfortunately for you, times have changed, gone are those days when you have monopoly of the media where you spew all sorts of lies. We now can counter them and put the record straight.
YORUBA
Yes Yorubas are our natural allies because we are both from the south. We have problems because of mistrust that exists amongst us to the advantage of the north. It is unfortunate the Yorubas don't know they are also marginalized, just that the east are more marginalized than they are. I don't know if any Yoruba saw sir Ahmadu Bello's speech that was published on the Parrot newspaper of 12th October 1960. Let me just quote a part of it, "The new nation Nigeria should be an estate of our grandfather Usman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power, we will use the minorities of the north as willing tools and the south as conquered territory and never allow them rule over us or allow them control over their future". He did not say East as conquered territory, he said South. It is unfortunate that the west think they are ok forgetting that these people not only want to perpetually rule us but do not want us to control our future.
Finally, I will like to tell all Nigerians that Biafra is not a call for war but a call for us to go back to how we were before the British joined us together for their selfish economic interest. We have lived together for more than hundred years and anybody who wants to tell himself the truth will concede that it has not worked. We hate each other, we are different. We have different value system, different religion, different food, different clothes, different languages and so on. Instead of us to wait till war separate us, it is better for us to separate in peace so that we can be happy neighbors where healthy rivalry will help each nation to be better while helping each other to be the best we can.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by fasterwell(m): 11:42am On Jul 19, 2017
basty:
Tell them that, Lagos is not their home.

Enough of Parasitic encroachments on the people of South-West they hate.

You well so?
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by juman(m): 11:44am On Jul 19, 2017
jfleece:
probably we should go back to regionalism with a touch of transparency and ethnic tolerance.

Regionalism is fine.
We can start from there.
Going back to constitution that goes for regionalism.
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by slyd90(m): 11:47am On Jul 19, 2017
I bet my balls on this the Igbos will never return home...

wetin dey their land sef

5 Likes

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by jfleece(m): 11:48am On Jul 19, 2017
juman:

Regionalism is fine.
We can start from there.
Going back to constitution that goes for regionalism.
every state in this nation has wat it takes for speedy economic growth and self reliance.. They need to look within themselves and discover that which makes them unique.
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by PointZerom: 11:49am On Jul 19, 2017
OkoYibo:

All this dogon turenchi and long talk is useless. You want to leave Nigeria but don't want to leave the north. Confused clowns.

If you guys leave Nigeria, you're going to be the largest population of IDPs in the world. As it stands now, your leaders are the worst in Nigeria. You guys have no future outside Nigeria apart from leeching on other regions.

Anambra against Enugu, Mbaise versus Owerri, Umuleri fighting Aguleri, all of them against Ebonyi. Worthless clowns.

Confront a spoon fed child with facts and watch him entertain you.
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by PointZerom: 11:51am On Jul 19, 2017
slyd90:
I bet my balls on this the Igbos will never return home...

wetin dey their land sef

Where and where have you been in Igbo land?.
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 19, 2017
ESDKING:
Any action that will tear this failed stagnant entity into pieces is a welcome development.

Set this zoo ablaze.!!

May your father's house be set ablaze

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by PointZerom: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2017
111jideofor:
This is another story that is making us believe that Yorubas are afraid of restoration of Biafra. Why must all Biafrans come home when Biafra is restored? Why are there Yorubas in the UK, US and other countries?, Kenya clamped down on Nigerians in Kenya and arrested about 40 Nigerians, more than 70% are Yorubas. Why are they not in their country Nigeria? Are there no Nigerians with properties outside Nigeria? My dear brother anybody can live and own properties anywhere in the world. That is the argument you are using to scare our brothers that made some of them afraid of Biafra restoration. Unfortunately for you, times have changed, gone are those days when you have monopoly of the media where you spew all sorts of lies. We now can counter them and put the record straight.
YORUBA
Yes Yorubas are our natural allies because we are both from the south. We have problems because of mistrust that exists amongst us to the advantage of the north. It is unfortunate the Yorubas don't know they are also marginalized, just that the east are more marginalized than they are. I don't know if any Yoruba saw sir Ahmadu Bello's speech that was published on the Parrot newspaper of 12th October 1960. Let me just quote a part of it, "The new nation Nigeria should be an estate of our grandfather Usman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power, we will use the minorities of the north as willing tools and the south as conquered territory and never allow them rule over us or allow them control over their future". He did not say East as conquered territory, he said South. It is unfortunate that the west think they are ok forgetting that these people not only want to perpetually rule us but do not want us to control our future.
Finally, I will like to tell all Nigerians that Biafra is not a call for war but a call for us to go back to how we were before the British joined us together for their selfish economic interest. We have lived together for more than hundred years and anybody who wants to tell himself the truth will concede that it has not worked. We hate each other, we are different. We have different value system, different religion, different food, different clothes, different languages and so on. Instead of us to wait till war separate us, it is better for us to separate in peace so that we can be happy neighbors where healthy rivalry will help each nation to be better while helping each other to be the best we can.

Laziness and jealousy is killing these people but they won't believe this.
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by BABANGBALI: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2017
For where?I trust them,they will never go back,especially those in Lagos and other parts of Yoruba land that they see as small London grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by juman(m): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2017
jfleece:
every state in this nation has wat it takes for speedy economic growth and self reliance.. They need to look within themselves and discover that which makes them unique.

We dont have that kind of sensible leaders that can do that.

That is why people are calling for restructuring.

So regionalism is fine we can start from there. Just like pressing reset button for the country.
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by casspersteve: 11:57am On Jul 19, 2017
jiangchu:
not only from the north also from the southwest because it is also part of Nigeria. cos we are also tired of your nonsense.
i am an igbo guy bt nt in support of biafra,so u cant pursue me 4rm southwest

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by LordOfNaira: 11:57am On Jul 19, 2017
Aburi001:
How did we really get here?

WAKE UP NIGERIAN YOUTHS!»»»
"Awolowo was 37 years,
Akintola 36,
Ahmadu Bello 36,
Balewa 34,
Okotie-Eboh 27
and Enahoro 27
And they led the struggle for Nigeria Independence after the death of Macaulay.
Only Zik was 42 at the time!

In 1966, the first military coup was led by Kaduna Nzeogwu who was 29 years and countered by M.Mohammed 28,
T. Danjuma 28,
I. Babangida 25,
J. Garba 23,
Sani Abacha 23,
and M. Yar'adua 23,
And brought into power
Y. Gowon 32,
Ojukwu 33,
Obasanjo 29,
And Buhari 24!

Most of the military governors who governed the states under the successive military regimes were
under 30 years.

Also, the brief democratic dispensation which interjected the military interregnums also saw some Senators and members of the House of Representatives, in particular, populated by persons under 30!
Under 30's were also not in short supply with
appointments - we have examples of
MT Mbu who became Nigeria's Foreign Affairs Minister at 23 and Pat Utomi who became a Federal Adviser at 27.

Why is it that this age bracket is today still
collecting pocket money from their parents?

Why is it that this age bracket is today still writing JAMB?

Why is it that this age bracket today still 'sagg' their trousers?

And busy insulting each others on Nairaland, Facebook etc.

If the North says "leave my land" please do.....IT'S LEAVE MY LAND, IT'S NOT LEAVE MY WORLD.

But the main question is 'How did we get here'?

We got here because of the idiots you stated up there. And also, it is harsh to compare then with now. Then, the country was young, the standard of education was far better than now, the British had just left and many of their impacts were still evident but now, things have changed. There are more people than jobs. There are too many substandard universities and half-baked graduates. Honestly, it is unfair to compare different times because you have to consider a lot of factors.

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by moses93(m): 11:58am On Jul 19, 2017
the should pls park out of abuja too so that work go dey for us o. dem too plenty here, we Nigerians need to work, but biafrans has occupied everywhere. abeg make una park from abuja ooo, I beg you in the name of Nnamdi Kanu

5 Likes

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by jfleece(m): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
juman:

We dont have that kind of sensible leaders that can do that.

That is why people are calling for restructuring.

So regionalism is fine we can start from there. Just like pressing reset button for the country.
yea thats true.... We the people we need to be receptive to flexibility and selflessness... Dats one of the ingredients of sustainable development.
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by topedopechef(m): 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
FAYOSE,AN EXPONENT OR MAFIOSO TO THE NIGERIA CAUSE
A CALL TO NIGERIA YOUTHS

©Tope Omogoroye

It is no longer news that the supposed man of the people,gallant and unrelenting critic and caviler of the current government has declared his willingness to contest for the 2019 presidential election,and its clearly indubitable that he has been receiving support and words of encouragement from the south-central and south-eastern part of the country.
Mr fayose first launched his presidential campaign on Facebook, and if you will agree with me Facebook is where hypocrisy, falseness, double standards meets up for morning coffee,am writing this as an avenue for me to express my view on his ambition and am clearly acting in the corridors of the law ,The 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) under section 39(1) provides for freedom of expression and thoughts,if allowed to proceed i will like to iron out some facts about the public figure.
Charisma is said to be an efficient munition in winning peoples love and in making them do one's bidding, and its a weapon well welded by Mr fayose .He continues to be a champion in the sight of the masses,inspite of his public display of hooliganism,and evidences pointing out that is a desperado,a deuce among others��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂.
Its also indisputable with evidences provided that he is known for blackmailing, brutalising, and verbally assaulting all those he considers his political opponent at any available time..
He is always the first to criticize the efforts of the present government at righting the wrong his party as done to this country, and lets also not that out of the money that was supposed to be used in securing Nigerians and mostly finance the ongoing combat against boko haram at the north, 4.7billion naira was traced to his account,and also the army general who was dismissed by accepting a offer made by mr fayose to rig elections in exchange for promotion.
I can say confidently that he is a Philistine who knows nothing about state building not to talk of nation building, all he does is to share money and bags of rice branded with his name on them on the streets of ekiti,riding okada for inspection of ongoing projects, patronizing food vendors at the road side,visiting public pepper soup joint at a time he should be investing his idleness to the development of his state.
Are these the reasons the youths and masses praises him?,he gives out money without providing job opportunities,state money which should be used in driving development are used to purchase bags of rice with his name branded on them.
Can this man mean well for his state and country as a whole,lets not forget that last year, he gave out guns to hunters and famers asking them to use it at any fulani man seen grazing in ekiti state(he didnt arm the police which its there constitutional duty and responsibility) and by so doing creating more problems that solving them and openly promoting anarchism and indirectly making his people have no regard for the rule of law.
One more amazing skill of his,is his ability to distract by all his arts of ingenious sophistry,if not so i dont know how he managed to get the forgiveness,and love of the youths in his state despite his public displays of wishing doom for both the state and the country,in 2006 after his impeachment as a state governor Mr Fayose was accused to have stolen up to $81 million from the coffers of Ekiti state during his tenure as governor. He was accused of political violence, corrupt elections, fraud, bribery, assasination and more,and this lead to the denial of his family visa by the U.S government and labelling him a corrupt personage Currently,as also alleged by the APC he is yet to pay the salary of ekiti sate workers,and has diverted state funds for the purpose of funding his political ambitions
It is said that birds of same feather flocks togther,this can be (✍�tope omogoroye)proven true in the relationship of fayose with his counterpart mr wike of rivers state who is a well known deuce and very antidemocratic in actions.
I think its a time nigerians start seeing this man for what hes truly is,we should all start discarding his public words in the waste bin,and i trust Nigeria youths not to vote for someone who will take us back to the era of the dark age,at this point i will like to rest my pen.

©tope Omogoroye

✍� Omogoroye Tope

The above names are all fictions,and if we have anyone bearing them,it is nothing but pure coincidence, they should kindly pls overlook it.

✍�tope Omogoroye

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by juman(m): 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2017
jfleece:
yea thats true.... We the people we need to be receptive to flexibility and selflessness... Dats one of the ingredients of sustainable development.

nigerians are good people.

What we lack is sensible and determined leaders.
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by Ijaya123: 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
Never seen people as confused and gullible like these ipob zombies.

Bunch of clowns.

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by jfleece(m): 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
juman:

nigerians are good people.

What we lack is sensible and determined leaders.
leadership starts with u and I

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by jiangchu: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
casspersteve:

actually, we yorubas don't hate ibos. but you guys are too boastful and call us coward and other dirty names like ofem-manu. it really sucks.
I served in a village in Ebonyi till today I still have a feeling like a part of we was taken away when I left there.

If your people back Home still pressed hard and fortunately get that Biafra. my brother we will have to draw a line. hopefully when we write our new constitution. we can sign a bilateral trade with you guys. but to be honest with you I pray it doesn't work cos I hate some one calling my people dirty and lazy as if everyone in the SE is a multi-millionaire.

what ever the case the amount that will filter in to SW will be minimal that we can endure

PEACE! PEACE11

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by juman(m): 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
jfleece:
leadership starts with u and I

So you should wake up the dead economy then.
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by jiangchu: 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
casspersteve:

when that time come we shall know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by ESDKING: 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
Pidgin2:

May my father's house should be set ablaze
Amen

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by Iamzik: 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
111jideofor:
YORUBA

See your level of reasoning!

Did Nigeria sesceed from Kenya, UK Or US? Each of these countries are independent in their own right. If you go to settle there you have accepted to live by the law of their land.

Let me educate you. If Nigeria grants Biafra today, your igbo property anywhere in Nigeria stands automatically revoked. So does every nigerian property in Biafra.

Alot of diplomatic negotiations will come into play between the two parties on property retention and citizenship because you are now foreigners to each other. If Biafra goes you think the head of CBN will remain igbo? Your brothers in FG parastatal and ministries and military will also be sacked. Biafra will do thesame thing to Nigerians on its soil. It is normal for any country that divides. Go and study Sudan /South Sudan break up and learn.

You can't have it both ways bro. All your investment and landed properties in the Zoo (as you like to call it) will be gone too... Unless you can uproot your buildings and carry to the east.

Your lots don't have the faintest idea of the market you are about to buy. A land-locked country within a country is a no brainer except you are banking on the south south to follow you (and from your supremacist rhetoric so far they won't)

I have always advocated for true federalism, restructuring and resource control over secession. It will be better for every region in the long run.

8 Likes

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by slyd90(m): 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
PointZerom:

Where and where have you been in Igbo land?.
I have been to all the eastern states .also i served in Ebonyi ...

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by casspersteve: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
jiangchu:

when that time come we shall know
no qualms i am living close to the border straight to ghana
Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by slyd90(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
Iamzik:

See your level of reasoning!

Did Nigeria sesceed from Kenya, UK Or US? Each of these countries are independent in their own right. If you go to settle there you have accepted to live by the law of their land.

Let me educate you. If Nigeria grants Biafra today, your igbo property anywhere in Nigeria stands automatically revoked. So does every nigerian property in Biafra.

Alot of diplomatic negotiations will come into play between the two parties on property retention and citizenship because you are now foreigners to each other. If Biafra goes you think the head of CBN will remain igbo? Your brothers in FG parastatal and ministries and military will also be sacked. Biafra will do thesame thing to Nigerians on its soil. It is normal for any country that divides. Go and study Sudan /South Sudan break up and learn.

You can't have it both ways bro. All your investment and landed properties in the Zoo (as you like to call it) will be gone too... Unless you can uproot your buildings and carry to the east.

Your lots don't have the faintest idea of the market you are about to buy. A land-locked country within a country is a no brainer except you are banking on the south south to follow you (and from your supremacist rhetoric so far they won't)

I have always advocated for true federalism, restructuring and resource control over secession. It will be better for every region in the long run.

wish i have what it takes to wire some cash into your account.....uve spoken well...

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North by farouk0403(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
They should not miss the new yam festival. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Makinde: Wearing Of Face Mask Now Compulsory In Oyo / Buhari’s Former Son-In-Law, Kumo Breaks Silence On Being Wanted For $65m Fraud / INEC Release Voters Distribution Summary Across The States (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.