Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive (4131 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / "My Wife Is A Prostitute" - Husband / HIV-Positive Woman Arrested For Breastfeeding Neighbour’s Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2005
what will u do if u find out your husband/wife tested positive for HIV?

What would you do if after several years after your marriage u find out your spouse is HIV positive
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by DASKACE(m): 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2005
Would sit her down to know how she came about it. Definitely gonna be a heart-break if she had gotten it from another man.

I might do something stupid if she has already passed the virus to me but if she hasn't, then I would forgive her and show her love.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by Greatpeter(m): 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2005
I will still love her and care for her because we took oath that we will love each other in health and in sickness..........
till death do us part.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by Renike(f): 6:42am On Dec 16, 2005
HOW ON EARTH DID HE GET IT
if he cheated ..am leaving him o,provided i dont have d virus..( bible supports dat)
but i do...mm, live in misery for d rest of my life ni oo...

3 Likes

Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by bebee: 2:24am On Jan 07, 2006
oh my goodness. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by 1k001(m): 12:17am On May 12, 2007
well for one i won't wonder how she got it cuz one never can tell. Hopefully she'll come out and tell me straight away if it was from intercourse with another person but i won't push for it, Could potentially destroy our marriage if she's been faithful al along. After that we'll carry on as usual, afterall the vow was in sickness and in health. I'd probably even contact the virus too so that we share the pain together. All it's gonna do is kill and we're all gonna die anyway!
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by omogenaija(f): 5:53am On Jul 14, 2007
hmm God forbid. I reject it in the name of Jesus, Ta lo sope bobo ko HIV I reject it. and i'm going straight to the clinic  embarassed
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by CrazyMan(m): 8:37am On Jul 14, 2007
omogenaija:

hmm God forbid and i'm going straight to the clinic
That's what am going to do first.

Then if i happen to test negative, i would end that marriage immediately.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by MILITIA(f): 1:05am On Jul 15, 2007
crazykid:

That's what am going to do first.

Then if i happen to test negative, i would end that marriage immediately.

Laffing my Southern Nigerian arse off! grin Haba crazykid!  You will not even bother to investigate!  What if it was through a blood transfusion or a needlestick?  Naija man!  Na wah for you oh!  You forget that you too can catch the thing later down the line? Then go about spreading the ungerminated latent "pre HIV cells" around and infecting people!  Being HIV- then is not a clearance you know! grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway at topic!  I will probably stay and take care of him.  Because I love him and I cannot trust his care to anyone else.  I want the father of my children to live with dignity.  I will not even tell anybody! Though I do not expect my Naija husband to do the same for me! You know Niaja men now! grin  His family will come over here with strong jazz or set you on fire first! sad  Then look for another wife for him kia kia! It is what I do for strangers as part of my job almost every day.  Taking care of terminally ill patients, so why can't I do it for my Husband?  Now if he does not want my help can I force him?  Noooooooooooooooo!-------------Don't forget that there is life insurance to collect oh!  Just kidding! Make una no kill me oh! grin

1k001:

well for one i won't wonder how she got it because one never can tell. Hopefully she'll come out and tell me straight away if it was from intercourse with another person but i won't push for it, Could potentially destroy our marriage if she's been faithful al along. After that we'll carry on as usual, afterall the vow was in sickness and in health. I'd probably even contact the virus too so that we share the pain together. All it's going to do is kill and we're all going to die anyway!

DASKACE:

Would sit her down to know how she came about it. Definitely going to be a heart-break if she had gotten it from another man.

I might do something stupid if she has already passed the virus to me but if she hasn't, then I would forgive her and show her love.

Greatpeter:

I will still love her and care for her because we took oath that we will love each other in health and in sickness, till death do us part.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!  How sweet!  You are a real men! grin
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by CrazyMan(m): 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2007
MILITIA:

Laffing my Southern Nigerian arse off! grin Haba crazykid! You will not even bother to investigate! What if it was through a blood transfusion or a needlestick? Naija man! Na wah for you oh! You forget that you too can catch the thing later down the line? Then go about spreading the ungerminated latent "pre HIV cells" around and infecting people! Being HIV- then is not a clearance you know! grin grin grin grin grin
No be me give am the HIV na.

So there's nothing to investigate?
Abi you want me to catch it too? tongue
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by bluesky4(f): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2007
If this happens, i will ask him to go and check again, just incase their was no mix up. I will then go and check myself . And my kids if i happen to have any at this time.

then we need to have some serious discussions about our futur and when and how did he get it.

God forbid if i was positive, but if i was, i will stay with him.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by hannydarl(f): 10:53am On Jul 17, 2007
It depends on how long we've been married you can immagine if he got it from waka waka and you dont have kids yet what the fact that your husband died of AIDS will do to your image in the society.I will stay with him and keep his illness a secrete so that I will have a better opportunity when he is gone to fall in love again and get married. But if we both have it I will join a society that comes out in the open to show people what HIV/AIDS can do if one is not careful especcialy people that are not faithful to their partners.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by MsEbz(f): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2007
If I got married and he tested positive for HIV I'd probably kill him to be honest at the least beat him close to death, he either was stupid using drugs or was cheating and on top of that could've given it to me, I wouldn't be rational that's for sure.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by geegee(f): 2:40am On Aug 04, 2007
i ve been married for three years and in january i found out i am hiv possitve and my husband is negetive
guess what guys? he is as loving as ever nothing has changed he buys my drugs and makes sure i take them religiously. we still have unprotected sex cos my viral load is not detected that mean i may never infect anyone except the person comes directly incontact wt my blood. i asked him why he's still wt me not like i din't know i just wanted to hear from him cos this hiv thing has ruined lot of marrages he said he loves me and that nothing is stong enought to break us and that he knows if revers was the case i'll love him still.we are working towards making healthy babeies who will be hiv fee.

1 Like

Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 04, 2007
@ Geegee: That is a touching experience! You and your husband are a hard act to follow, and a shining example to others. Good luck.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by geegee(f): 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2007
thanx siena, i showed my husband ur reply and he smiled.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by N101: 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2009
I don't think, from some of the responses here, people understand how the HIV virus works.  Someone could have contracted it years before and it only shows up years later - they don't necessarily have to cheat for that to happen, though it is true in some cases.

I've known people with the virus and others, whose bias against those HIV+ and hypocrisy by their behaviour, reflects their ignorance as to how HIV is contracted.

Marriage is for better or worse.  If they cheated on me whilst married, that's another matter altogether.  If it is purely out of circumstance i.e. they were sexually active before meeting me and, even though they have been faithful were diagnosed as HIV+, what is the objective of leaving?  Was marriage not for better or worse?  Marriage is about commitment, it is no different to if a spouse becoming disabled because of an accident or a breakdown in their health.  You don't just stay married during the good times, but you also have to be prepared for the not-so-nice moments too.  That's how life is.

If people insist on having multiple sexual partners as their perceived sexual right, they are playing Russian Roulette with their lives.  That, folks, is the reality.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by coolier(f): 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2009
I'll stand by him all the way.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by Fhemmmy: 11:29pm On Nov 01, 2009
If i am yet to test positive, i will have to have protected sex with her from the day i found out.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by ubiaa5(f): 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
very difficult situation,i dont know wat i would do,am not even going to give an opinion.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by ayomidej(f): 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2009
Stand by them and hold on to the promises of GOD
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by Fhemmmy: 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2009
ayomidej:

Stand by them and hold on to the promises of GOD

1wonderfully said
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by sexyLeamon(f): 7:59am On Nov 09, 2009
Depends on how they got it. If they cheated on me, I'd be done.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by agathamari(f): 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2009
well since an hiv test was part of my condiotions of marrying my husband if he turned out positive i would get tested and leave. i dont want anything to do with a guy who cant keep it in his f*cking pants
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by ehie007(m): 11:55am On Nov 11, 2009
the thing here is, if i am aware that my partner is HIV positve and she told me before marriage, then thats not a problem, cos even after marraige the man can still not be infected,

but if she didnot tell me and i get to find out after marriage, dats a problem, i will end the marriage,

also if she finds out that she is HIV and wasnt aware, one can manage that,

i advice those who are positive, if they find someon they love, they should tell the other party on time, if he or she loves you , he will be ready to stick wiv you,

for those that are HIV positive, just live healthy, take your daily medications, exercise a lot, and live life the fullest, and you okay, am sure before 2015 the cure will be out for HIV,

God bless.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by Damoche10: 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2009
Nigerian man go do 100meters like Ben Johnson or Carl Lewis without looking back!
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by sayso: 11:44am On Nov 13, 2009
no one here will do as he/she has said.everyone want to go to Heaven but no body want to die.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by kokorunna(m): 3:53pm On Nov 13, 2009
For better for worse, as long as he\she did not catch it outside their marriage then you take it as your cross. With God all things are possible.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by moskimo: 9:37am On Jul 03, 2010
My people be aware that hiv as an infection is like everyother sickness and the difference is that there is no cure yet but in due course, the cure will be here after all it took almost 50yrs for TB to have a cure.it took 17yrs for a functional cure to be found for leprosy.even gonarhea,with the constant influx of hiv drugs into the market, the malady is no longer a death sentence, millions of couples are living their daily lives with the virus, the only thing is knowlegde, if you know u have the virus, you will be in a better position to protect the people dear to you.
It is said that everybody is positive until proved negative, those who go about vilifying those that was unfortunate to contact the virus ends up dying from the virus.Hiv has affected many of us and i lost my loving sister from the virus, she was infected by her husband but my pain is that she refused to seek help when at this era, hiv is no longer a death sentence,Remember our parents had sex without condom and frolicked and sowed their wild oaths without the fear of aids but we are not so lucky becaue hiv/aids is here. In as much asyou are sexually active and without the hope for a cure in the horizen, everyone is at risk of getting the virus.Ok if we escape it, will our children do,if our children do, will our relatives escape it, we are indeed living at a very dangerous time.
We should pray and hope that the western science will do something to stop this scourge,with the billions that are being sunk into research daily,i am optimistic that a cure is imminent.there are functional and effective drugs that has reduced the malady to a chronic infection.to say the truth, i will rather be hiv positive than to have cancer after all no body is promised tomorrow.One hing must kill a man they say.MAY THE LORD PROTECT US ALL.
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by hackney(m): 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2010
@poster

then church a gbasaa la
Re: If Your Husband or Wife is Found to be HIV-Positive by Nmeri17: 10:52am On Sep 19, 2017
MILITIA:

Laffing my Southern Nigerian arse off! grin Haba crazykid!  You will not even bother to investigate!  What if it was through a blood transfusion or a needlestick?  Naija man!  Na wah for you oh!  You forget that you too can catch the thing later down the line? Then go about spreading the ungerminated latent "pre HIV cells" around and infecting people!  Being HIV- then is not a clearance you know! grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway at topic!  I will probably stay and take care of him.  Because I love him and I cannot trust his care to anyone else.  I want the father of my children to live with dignity.  I will not even tell anybody! Though I do not expect my Naija husband to do the same for me! You know Niaja men now! grin  His family will come over here with strong jazz or set you on fire first! sad  Then look for another wife for him kia kia! It is what I do for strangers as part of my job almost every day.  Taking care of terminally ill patients, so why can't I do it for my Husband?  Now if he does not want my help can I force him?  Noooooooooooooooo!-------------Don't forget that there is life insurance to collect oh!  Just kidding! Make una no kill me oh! grin

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!  How sweet!  You are a real men! grin
Heiyaa. Kanwuliaextra you sound so soft here smiley I don nearly forget say e get when you no get wahala

(1) (2) (Reply)

Search For My Biological Father / Inspiring Quotes For Families: / Please I Need Advise On Taking Custody Of My Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.