Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249526 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On Aug 22, 2014
The Fullness Of The Blessings Of The Gospel ·FRIDAY 22nd August· 

When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain. And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ (Romans 15:28-29).

Years ago, as I studied the words of the Apostle Paul in our opening scripture, I was elated that it’s possible for one to have the fullness of the blessing of the Gospel of Christ. This wasn’t only for Paul and the rest of the Apostles, but for all of us Christians: it’s possible to walk in the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel. What does this mean? It means to walk in the fullness of your inheritance in Christ.

No wonder the Apostle Paul made bold to say, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13). In Galatians 2:20-21, he said, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God…" (Galatians 2:20-21).

Walking in the fullness of the blessings of Christ is possible in this earth. As you walk in oneness with the Holy Spirit, you’ll discover that life is easy and stressless, and free from every form of frustration. Nothing in this earth can frustrate me, because I walk in the light of the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel of Christ. I can’t be overcome; I’m an overcomer, because Christ is in me. This should be your meditation as well.

Live in the fullness of your inheritance in Christ. Christ has died; He’s risen from the dead; He’s won the battle for you already; there’s no need to struggle for anything anymore. 1 Peter 1:11 talks about the sufferings of Christ and the glory that should follow. Live in the victory and glory of Christ. You’re a victor for life. Blessed be God!P

Prayer...  
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the revelation of your Word to me today. I walk in the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel of Christ, and in the glory of my inheritance in Him. I’m an overcomer, because the greater One lives in me. Amen.

Further Study: 
John 16:33; [KJV] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 Peter 1:10 [KJV] Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

1 year Bible reading plan: 1 Corinthians 7 Psalms 119:113-176
2 year Bible reading plan : Colossians 1:19-29 Jeremiah 7

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:49am On Aug 23, 2014
Create Your Thoughts -Saturday, August 23rd .

Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23).

Some define thoughts as imaginations, but thoughts are more than imaginations. Imaginations are pictures or images of the mind that interpret your thoughts. Thoughts are powerful; they can deliver to you a glorious life, or keep you on the sideline of life. The Bible says as a man thinks in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). You’re the character of your thoughts.

If you’d let the Word dominate your thinking, it’ll give you the right mindset of victory, success, and dominion, with visions of limitless possibilities. Romans 12:2 says, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind….” When your thoughts are consistent with the provisions of God’s Word, your life will be a reflection of His glory, for the glory is in the Word.

Consider Joshua; the Lord said to him, “…See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour” (Joshua 6:1-2). How was he supposed to see the victory ahead of the battle? It was with the power of His mind, his thoughts and imaginations. If Joshua hadn’t seen the victory in his mind, Israel would never have possessed Jericho.

What does that tell you? It means, the extent of your vision is the boundary of your blessing. How far you can see with your mind, through the power of thoughts, is how much you will possess.

What do you see? What are your thoughts? Discipline your mind; choose the thoughts you accept. This marks a difference between the one who is disciplined, and turns out to be a success, and the one who isn’t: their thinking. Direct your mind to think the right thoughts. You’re the one to choose the way your thoughts must go; you're the one to create your thoughts: “…whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report…think on these things” (Philippians 4:8 ).

Confession. ..
My mind is anointed to think the “God-kind” of thoughts. As I meditate on your Word, I build a wealth of thoughts that keep me in the arena of glory, health, and prosperity, causing me to live the best life here on earth, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. ;

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 8, Psalms 120-127
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 2:1-7, Jeremiah 8

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:29am On Aug 24, 2014
Think About The Lost · SUNDAY 24th August ·

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart (Ephesians 4:17-18).

The verses above reveal the dangerous plight of the unbeliever. He is in spiritual darkness and is alienated; that is, cut off from the life of God. Ephesians 2:3 further refers to them as children of wrath. That means children appointed unto the wrath or anger of God. What a terrible state for anyone to be! Ephesians 2:12 refers to them as "hopeless and without God in the world."

While still a student on campus, many years ago, I read this portion of Scripture and it got me thinking. I considered the students on campus that were living without God, and thought, "Dear Lord, how could anyone live in such darkness? How could they go to bed at night, and live another day without God?"

I was moved with compassion and began to intercede for them: "O, God, don’t let them die and go to hell without receiving Christ. Help me to reach them, and tell them about Jesus," I’d pray. I felt constrained to tell them about Jesus, because nothing could be more damning than living without God and having no hope in the world! This should make you think about your friends, relatives, colleagues, neighbours and associates that aren’t born again. They’re hopeless in the world, without Christ.

You can’t afford to let them keep living without God, drifting farther and farther into the abyss of darkness. Let the hopelessness of their situation compel you to intercede for them. Pray that they’d be delivered from the domain of darkness and the power of Satan unto the glorious liberty of the sons of God. You may be the only one with the opportunity to touch their lives with the Gospel. Therefore, preach to them and teach them the Word. Tell them God loves them so much He sent Jesus to die for them (John 3:16).

Contribute your time, effort, and resources to soulwinning. Be known for your passion for the Lord, His Gospel, and the souls of men.

Prayer...
  Dear Father, I thank you for enlightening me through your blessed Word on the value of every soul. I pray for all those who’re unsaved, my friends, relatives, colleagues and associates, to be delivered from darkness unto light, and be turned from the power of Satan unto God, and become partakers of your righteousness, in Jesus’ mighty Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Mark 16:15  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature

1 year Bible reading plan: 1 Corinthians 9 Psalms 128-134
2 year Bible reading plan: Colossians 2:8-15 Jeremiah 9

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:32am On Aug 25, 2014
Honour Spiritual Authority -Monday, August 25th .

Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves (Jude 1:8-10) .

There’s a remarkable lesson for us to learn from the attitude of Michael the archangel, when he disputed with Satan over the body of Moses. Michael, with all his power and glory, couldn’t dare bring an accusation against Satan, an evil personality. This was because he recognized that Satan had Adamic authority, which is higher than angelic authority. Adam lost his authority to Satan when he ate of the fruit God had instructed him not to.

As a result, Michael could only rebuke Satan in the Name of the Lord, a higher authority. This is very instructive on how we’re to relate to spiritual authority as God’s children. You should never criticize, dishonor or speak against those whom the Lord has placed in positions of authority. That’s the way I’ve lived; I don't say things against God’s people, especially ministers of the Gospel, because they carry the authority of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:12 says, “And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you.” Some people in the church have authority over you in the Lord, and they must be honoured as such.

Sadly, there’re some in the Church who believe they’re smarter than their pastors, and are always wanting to “advise” or instruct them on how to run the affairs of the church. This is wrong. You must remain submitted to spiritual authority in order to walk in the power of the Spirit, and fulfill the call of God on your life.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word of wisdom that gives me life, guiding my thoughts, words, and actions. Your wisdom is at work in me today, and I’m yielded to the Holy Spirit, who perfects all that concern me, teaching me how to walk in wisdom and recognize spiritual authority, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Numbers 26:9-10 And the sons of Eliab; Nemuel, and Dathan, and Abiram. This is that Dathan and Abiram, which were famous in the congregation, who strove against Moses and against Aaron in the company of Korah, when they strove against the Lord: 10 And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men: and they became a sign. ;

1 Samuel 26:9 And David said to Abishai, Destroy him not: for who can stretch forth his hand against the Lord’s anointed, and be guiltless?

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 10:1-13, Psalms 135-138
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 2:16-23, Jeremiah 10-11

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:36am On Aug 26, 2014
Walking In Union With The Father · TUESDAY August 26th ·

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak to you, I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works (John 14:10).

In Matthew 1:18, the Lord Jesus; while still in the womb of the Virgin Mary, was called the child of the Holy Spirit. Then in our opening verse, we read that the Lord Jesus called the Holy Spirit the Father that dwells in Him, identifying Him (the Holy Spirit) as the One who does the miracles. Furthermore, in John 8:38, He said, "I speak that which I have seen with my Father…."

It’s thus clear that Jesus walked in union with the Father in an extraordinary way. He did nothing independent of the Holy Spirit. He said in John 5:19, "…Verily, verily, I say to you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." He was always conscious of His inseparable oneness with the Father. No wonder He was so inspiring, and was such an outstanding success in everything He did.

If you have received the Holy Spirit into you, your body is His temple (1 Corinthians 16:19). It’s therefore important that you walk in union with the Father that lives in you. Become conscious that you’re not alone. All the while you were trying to "reach out" to the Father, thinking your prayers weren’t "going above the ceiling," He was in you. You never needed to cry or yell for Him to hear you. Everywhere you go, you go with the Father who lives permanently in you.

Relate with the Holy Spirit as your Father for real, and not as a mere influence. Understand that He knows you more than you know yourself. He can effectively handle you; you’re not a mystery or a surprise to Him at all. There’s nothing about you that’s strange to Him. He’s more passionate about your success than you could ever be. Simply accept what He sees you to be, and say "yes" to Him; that’s when you’re ready to walk in union with Him.

Prayer...
 Dear Father, I thank you for your presence in my life. What a blessing to be one with you, and experience such glorious fellowship and transformation from glory to glory. I yield myself to you and declare that my life is for your glory, today, and forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
1 Corinthians 6:17; But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Galatians 4:6
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father

1 year Bible reading plan: 1 Corinthians 10:14-11:1,
2 year Bible reading plan : Colossians 3:1-11 Jeremiah 12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:57am On Aug 27, 2014
Safeguarded By The Anointing .-Wednesday, August 27th .

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things (1 John 2:18-20).

We're in the last days, therefore the activities of the antichrists referenced in our opening verses are already happening. Many have come in their own names, with false doctrines. A false doctrine isn’t essentially the opposite of the true Gospel, but a perversion of it. Its objective is to deceive and lure men into believing a lie, instead of the true Gospel of our Lord Jesus.

As a child of God, however, you need not worry about the cunning craftiness of antichrists, false preachers and teachers, because you're anointed of God, and therefore can't be deceived. The Word says, you have an unction from the Holy One, and you know all things. The anointing of the Holy Spirit that’s on your life safeguards you and helps you discern the right teaching of the Gospel from false doctrines.

1 John 2:27 says, “But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” The Holy Spirit is the Lord of the Church, and when you hear the Word of God under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, the same Spirit in you will bear witness with your spirit, that what you’re hearing is the truth.

The implication of this is that you won’t find yourself deceived, tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine; rather, you'd be established on the truth of God’s Word. If the anointing can help you know the truth of God’s Word, it’ll certainly also guide you in the natural things of life, because the lesser is included in the greater.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I thank you for the anointing of the Holy Spirit that’s at work in me, guiding me in the path of truth. I’m established in righteousness, steadfast and unmovable in the Lord, filled with the knowledge of God, in all wisdom and discernment. I know all things by the Holy Spirit that’s at work in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, ;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 11:2-34, Psalms 142-145
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 3:12-25, Jeremiah 13

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Know The Word For Yourself · Thursday August 28th ·

Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth (2 Timothy 2:15, AMP).

For you to live a joyful life, and be the full expression of the will, righteousness, and glory of God, you have to know the Word for yourself and live by it. Those who don’t know the Word of God can hardly fulfil God’s desire and plans for their lives. The Word of God made you (1 Peter 1:23), and except you live by the Word, you’ll not be the "you" that God dreamed of, nor fulfil His destiny for you. This is why we teach the Word and encourage God’s children to be students of the Word. You must know the Word for yourself.

Don’t live on the basis of assumptions. Don’t let people influence you with their "religious" opinion of God. Don’t accept that something is from God just because it sounds good, nice or religious.

Jesus said in John 5:39, "Search the scriptures…"; Paul said in 2 Timothy 2:15, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." The Word of God is the mind of God expressed; His will written and expressed for us. What an extraordinary advantage, that you can study the Word for yourself, understand it, and live accordingly! It’s a great blessing!

The measure of your glorious and victorious life will be to the degree of your knowledge of God’s Word, and how much of it you put to work. It’s not about how long you’ve been a Christian; it’s about how well you know and apply the Word. Thank God we have the unparalleled advantage of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, who grants us understanding of the Word! He’s the Author of the Scriptures; so as you study, you can depend on Him to guide you, and grant you insight into divine mysteries and secrets.

Give the Word your attention and time. Study and put your heart in it. If you want to live a life that’s beyond the ordinary, it’s by the Word, through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for showing me the importance of personal study of your Word, a vital ingredient in my Christian walk. As I study and meditate on the Word today, I’m positioned to fulfil your desire and plan for my life, and my profiting is evident, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
 Mark 12:24; [KJV] And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Acts 17:11 [KJV] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

1 year Bible reading plan: Psalms 146-150 1 Corinthians 12
2 year Bible reading plan: Colossians 4:1-9 Jeremiah 14

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On Aug 29, 2014
An Extraordinary Family Of The Mighty · Friday August 29th · 

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man (Ephesians 3:14-16).

The Apostle Paul points out some deep truths in our opening scripture, which I’ll like you to notice. First, he lets us know that God has a family that’s named after Him. Some members of this glorious family are in heaven while some others are in the earth. The ones in the earth include all of us that are born again, while those in heaven are God’s people who have passed on to glory. Those in heaven are as real in heaven as we are in the earth, but it’s one and the same family.

He then prays for members of God’s family on earth (the Church), to be strengthened with might by God’s Spirit in their inner man. He wants them invigorated with miracle-working ability. This is God’s will for His children, and it’s simply marvelous. No one amongst us is an ordinary person; each one of us can, and should do supernatural things; ours is an extraordinary family of the mighty.

Never say, "I am weak inside," "I can’t face opposition," or "I’m afraid…"; the greater One lives in you. He’s your strength; He infuses your spirit with supernatural courage, boldness and dominion. 1 John 4:4 says, "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." The Spirit of God in you is all the power and strength you need against the pressures and adversities of life. Be conscious of His indwelling presence.

When you’re confronted with intimidating situations, confess strength and not weakness or fear. Declare that you’re strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power that’s at work in you.

Confession...
  I’m not ordinary; I’m a vital member of the family of God—a member of Christ’s body, of His flesh, and of His bones. Therefore, I’m invigorated with divine might and ability in my spirit for the supernatural. I’m empowered to do the impossible, for greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world.

Further Study:
 Ephesians 5:29-30 (GNB); (None of us ever hate our own bodies. Instead, we feed them, and take care of them, just as Christ does the church;
30 for we are members of his body.);

Colossians 1:9-11

[KJV] Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
[KJV] Colossians 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
[KJV] Colossians 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

1 year Bible reading plan: Proverbs 1-2 1 Corinthians 13
2 year Bible reading plan: Colossians 4:10-18 Jeremiah 15

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:54am On Aug 30, 2014
We're His Seed Prolonging His days -Saturday, August 30th

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand (Isaiah 53:10).

The Holy Spirit, speaking through the Prophet Isaiah, didn't only foretell of the coming of the Messiah as an offering for sin, but also that He shall see His “seed,” who shall prolong His days. The seed of Jesus is the Church. So, through the Church, the Lord Jesus prolongs His days. Jesus came into this world, lived in this world, conquered this world, died, was buried, resurrected, and ascended to heaven. But His life continues today through us. We’re the ones living out His life today. He’s living through everyone that’s born again.

Isaiah 53:8 says, “…he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.” But that’s not the end of it. The world thought they were through with Him, but then came you and I! We’re the seed of Jesus Christ. When you show up, Jesus shows up. We’re continuing His works and prolonging His days! When Jesus was raised from the dead, God had you and me in mind. We were raised together with Him. And as He is, so are we today, in this world (1John 4:17).

Acts 1:1 talks about, “…all that Jesus began both to do and teach.” This refers to His teachings about God’s Kingdom and the accompanying mighty works of miracles and healings. Reading further into the book of Acts, you’ll find that the Lord continued to teach and do the same things through His apostles whom He had chosen. They, in turn, delivered the same message to some others, until it finally got to us, and it's still going on and will continue until Jesus comes.

2 Corinthians 5:20 describes us as ambassadors of Christ, and we're indeed, His representatives on earth today, teaching the same things He taught and expressing His righteousness to the world. Halleluiah!

Prayer. ..
Dear Heavenly Father, I’m so thankful for the love and grace you’ve lavished upon me. Thank you for expressing yourself to the world through me. Christ continually lives through me. I’m the effulgence of His glory, the express image of His person and my life is a manifestation of the praise and glory of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Galatians 2:20.
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Corinthians 14 Proverbs 3-4
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Thessalonians 1:1-10 Jeremiah 16

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:43am On Aug 31, 2014
Give Him the "Whole House" -Sunday, August 31st

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

Did you ever hear the story of the man who had a large house, but gave God only one room? When Satan came to the house, he ravaged everything, and buffeted the man. Then, in frustration, the man said to God, “I brought you into my house, thinking that with you here, I’d be safe, secure, and protected against the enemy. Why didn’t you stop the devil?”

God answered him and said, “You gave me only this room, so I stayed in here and Satan couldn’t come in. I can only take as much as you give me.”

“O, I get it now; take these two additional rooms,” the man said.

The following night, the devil came again and pummeled him. He went again to God in utter frustration, “I've given you three rooms now, how come you still let the devil in?” Then the Lord said, “The devil didn’t come to the rooms you gave me. ”The man finally received wisdom and said, “Okay, Lord, the whole house is yours; take everything!” Then the devil came again, but this time, God’s angels were at the gate, and he couldn’t come in. For once, the man slept so peacefully. When he woke up, he said, “Lord, I had a wonderful sleep. Did you see the devil at all?” God said, “I stopped him at the gate, because the house is now mine.”

You shouldn’t only give the Lord your spirit, but also let Him have the dominion over your body and your soul. If you let Him only into your spirit, He'd be there, but you'll still think the wrong thoughts, and do the wrong things .You may not obey Him when He tells you, “Go to such and such a place and witness to so-and-so.” You’ll not follow His perfect will, though He lives in your spirit. Your body may be bruised and afflicted, because you haven't allowed Him take over your body. If, on the other hand, you give Him your whole spirit, soul, and body, He’ll prove Himself to you and show Himself strong on your behalf.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, thank you for blessing me with your Word, I yield my whole life to you, and declare that your perfect will is fulfilled in me today; Christ is exalted in my spirit, soul, and body! My life is eternally for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Corinthians 15:1-34 Proverbs 5-7
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Thessalonians 2:1-9 Jeremiah 17

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Sep 01, 2014
His Words are Spirit and Life- Monday, September 1st.

The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life (John 6:63).

The words of the Master above let you understand the power, characteristics, and ability of God’s Word. Everything that proceeds from God, is “God”; that doesn’t mean His “Person,” but that it carries His life: His characteristics. It’s like the human DNA, which can be traced from something as little as a follicle of hair from your body. That tiny strand of hair has your unique identity in it. In the same way, everything that comes out of Jesus—His Word—has His identity, power, and life in it. His Word that comes to you carries His “DNA,” as it were.

This is the limitless power of God’s Word. Not every man’s words are life. But it’s remarkable to know that Jesus said His words are spirit and life. No wonder His Word never returns to Him void. See how beautiful the Message translation puts it: “So will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty-handed. They’ll do the work I sent them to do, they’ll complete the assignment I gave them” (Isaiah 55:11).

If His Word to you is the Word of healing and health, it’ll work in you and complete its assignment of perfecting your health. If it’s about your finances, it’ll do the same. His Word of righteousness perfects the righteousness of God in you when you receive it. When the Apostle Paul received the words of Jesus, the life of the Word permeated His entire being, so much so that when handkerchiefs and aprons taken from his body were placed on the sick, miracles took place (Acts 19:11-12).

You’ve been born again by the same Word that carries the divine life (1 Peter 1:23); therefore, not only are you indestructible, everything about you is also blessed. Everything that emanates from you carries the life of God in it. Everything about you has been touched by divine energy, and preserved by the life and power of God that’s at work in you. Be conscious of this, and live the supernatural life every day.

Confession. ..
I thank you Father for the efficacy of your Word and its ability to produce life in me, causing all I do to prosper. I’ve been perfected in righteousness, through the power and life of your Word; besides, my life is a testimony of the wonder-working power of the Word. Halleluiah!

Further Study :
Isaiah 55:10-11
10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:1 Corinthians 15:35-58 Proverbs 8-9
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Thessalonians 2:10-20 Jeremiah 18

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Oyinprince(m): 10:59am On Sep 01, 2014
Nice work here sir, well done.
More Grace

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Sep 02, 2014
The Impartation Of His Power . -Tuesday, September 2nd .

And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them (Acts 19:11-12).

In our previous study, we understood that the Word of God carries the life and power of God in it. We also referenced how diverse miracles ensued, as a result of the handkerchiefs and aprons that were taken from the body of Paul and placed on the sick. Those handkerchiefs and aprons didn’t have the “Person” of the Holy Spirit in them; rather, they had the impartation of His power.

Being born again, you’re the temple of the Holy Spirit; you contain, and can transmit or transfer His power. Just as the impartation of His power came on the materials that were taken from the body of Paul, everything that comes from you, or in contact with you, is imparted by the power of God. With such impartation comes an extraordinary potential.

There’s nothing that comes in contact with you that doesn’t have the residue of the Spirit on it, because you carry God’s divine presence.

If you were sharing the Word with someone, you could literally impart the anointing to that person through your words. Such an impartation leads to transformation. The Spirit of God in you imparts His power and authority to your words, making an impact in the lives of those whom you minister to; His love, compassion, and presence flows from you to them, bringing them God’s presence.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I thank you for the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life. His power is activated in me to impact my world, and impart your grace to many today. I walk in the supernatural always, by your Spirit, and through the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Philemon 1:6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. ;

Romans 1:11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

Daily Scripture Reading:
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 16:1-24, Proverbs 10-11
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Thessalonians 3:1-13, Jeremiah 19-20

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by lanre316: 7:32am On Sep 02, 2014
Hmmmm.

Wonders they say shall never end. Pastor Anita and Chris could teach and preach righteous living but they can't practice it in their own life. When you read their devotionals, you will think that they are dining with Jesus and living heaven on earth, but when you read about their actions, you will just wonder... Na wa o.

It easy to talk, but to practice what you preach.. a different ball game.

Now let me dodge my head before their die hard church members descended on me heavily.

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Oyinprince(m): 7:37am On Sep 02, 2014
lanre316: Hmmmm.

Wonders they say shall never end. Pastor Anita and Chris could teach and preach righteous living but they can't practice it in their own life. When you read their devotionals, you will think that they are dining with Jesus and living heaven on earth, but when you read about their actions, you will just wonder... Na wa o.

Now let dodge my head before their die hard church members descended on me heavily.

Abeg, here's not d place for this

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ehisaito(m): 6:37am On Sep 03, 2014
color=#006600]Who is dis fellow that is not affraid to talk about the lords anointed?
Where are u from?
[/color
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ehisaito(m): 6:38am On Sep 03, 2014
Where are u from?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:47am On Sep 03, 2014
Your Success And Joy Are His Dream .-Wednesday, September 3rd .

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content (Philippians 4:11).

Someone once asked me, “Is it really possible to be full of joy all the time?” Very quickly, I responded, “I’m joyful all the time!” Then, he said, “Don’t you think that’s a bit unrealistic?” “It depends on what reality is to you,” I responded.

For some people, reality is their human experience, but our reality is Christ. In Christ, it’s possible to be joyful all the time. You can be joyful every day, and be successful every day, irrespective of what happens to you or around you, because that’s God’s desire for you. He wants you to be joyful and successful.

The Bible says, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth” (3 John 1:2). Jesus came, lived, died, was buried, and resurrected; all for your sake! He suffered that you might live in the glory of His sufferings. That means you should live joyfully every day, enjoying your life. That’s what He died for: for you to live the best life, be the Father’s dream, and be a success in life and in everything you do, irrespective of the challenges that you might face.

James 1:2 says, “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations.” The challenges that come your way are described in God’s Word as “light afflictions:” “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory” (2 Corinthians 4:17). There’s nothing that can overwhelm you. The distress is for a moment; it’ll surely turn out for your good! The problems you encounter that seem to be contending with your joy are temporary; they’re the springboards for your promotion and the next level of glory.

Therefore, refuse to yield to pressures and adversities; subdue them with the Word. Stir up the joy of the Lord from within your spirit and laugh on in victory. Satan and his demons are discomfited in an atmosphere of joy, love, and laughter. So, live at the top all the time by maintaining a joyful heart.

Confession. ..
My life is an expression of the glory of God. I live independent of the circumstances and situations around me, because I know that all things work together for my good. Therefore, I rejoice always in the Lord, conscious that I’m a victor for life. Glory to God!

Further Study:
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. ;

1 Peter 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 1-2:1-4, Proverbs 12-13

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8, Jeremiah 21

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by lanre316: 7:40am On Sep 03, 2014
ehisaito: Who is dis fellow that is not affraid to talk about the lords anointed?
Where are u from?

Who is the so-called God's anointed that's dragging the Lord's name in the mud with his unreasonable inappropriate behavior and adultery, and refuses to practice what he is preaching?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Lordlexyy: 1:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
lanre316:

Who is the so-called God's anointed that's dragging the Lord's name in the mud with his unreasonable inappropriate behavior and adultery, and refuses to practice what he is preaching?
May the mercy of God forgive your ignorance. Is obvious you lack knowledge of what spiritual discipline is.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by lanre316: 1:53pm On Sep 03, 2014
Lordlexyy: May the mercy of God forgive your ignorance. Is obvious you lack knowledge of what spiritual discipline is.

May God open your eyes and release you and many others from this blindness and total brainwash that prevents you from seeing what's going on under your nose

www.nairaland.com/1885952/im-done-pastor-chris-no
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:37am On Sep 04, 2014
Making Your Way Prosperous-Thursday, September 4th.

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night,…for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success (Joshua 1:8 ).

The Lord is interested in your prosperity, and He shows in our opening verse how you can make your way prosperous and have good success. It’s by meditating on the Word and observing to do what it says. Observe again what the Word says; first, it says, “…but thou shalt meditate therein day and night…” showing you that it’s your responsibility to meditate; not the Lord’s.

Secondly, it concludes by saying, “thou shalt make thy way prosperous….” This also shows that you’re the one, not God, that’ll make your way prosperous. God’s responsibility is to give you the recipe for prosperity, success and the good life, and He already did that through His Word. Now, you’re to use the Word to make your life glorious. Yes, you can, because you’re a child of God. You’re made in His image; you belong in His class. You have His creative ability; therefore, create your victorious life, using the material He’s made available to you for that: His Word.

Remember, you being created in the likeness of God means He made you to function like Him; and how does God function? He functions by faith. Jesus said in Mark 11:22, “...Have the God-kind of faith.” So, God is the God of faith; He created the whole world through words. As you study the account in Genesis chapter one, you’d observe that before He spoke creation into being, He first had moments of meditation. The Bible says the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. However, the Spirit of God “brooded” upon the face of the waters (Genesis 1:2). That was meditation.

Afterwards, He began to say, “Let there be…,” and everything He said came into being. This is the same principle and power He’s given you to create your prosperous and victorious life. It’s up to you to meditate on the Word: think, talk, and roar the Word in every situation, and watch yourself prosper and deal excellently in life.

Prayer. ...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me in your image and likeness, and for the ability you’ve given me to recreate my world and make my life the epitome of your grace. I’m constantly transformed from glory to glory, and my greatness is evident because of the power of your Word in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Psalms 35:27
Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 2 Corinthians 2:5-3:1-6 Proverbs 14-15
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Thessalonians 4:9-18 Jeremiah 22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Dragonking: 11:55am On Sep 04, 2014
lanre316: Hmmmm.

Now let me dodge my head before their die hard church members descended on me heavily.

Well said. They keep on deceiving the masses by preaching righteousness meanwhile the pastors are not righteous.

Blackman just love to be deceived and brainwashed.

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Dragonking: 11:55am On Sep 04, 2014
Lordlexyy: May the mercy of God forgive your ignorance. Is obvious you lack knowledge of what spiritual discipline is.

What ignorance is he displaying??
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Sep 05, 2014
Commended To The Word-Friday, September 5th

Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

The Apostle Paul couldn’t think of a better way to bless the brethren at Ephesus than to commend them to the Word of God. As Christians, we’re born of the Word (1 Peter 2:23); the Word gave birth to us; therefore, our lives can only be built and sustained by the Word. From the moment you made Jesus the Lord of your life, the building process began; the Word builds you spiritually, mentally, physically, financially, and in all areas of life.

Furthermore, the Word is able to "give" you an inheritance among all those that are sanctified. This is quite an interesting thought. The Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul, wrote this to the Church. Why would He say this to Christians who already have an inheritance in Christ Jesus? First, understand that He wasn’t talking about the ownership of the inheritance; rather, he was talking about the inheritance being delivered into your hands.

For example, you might be the rightful owner of an inheritance, e.g., a landed property, and never be able to get into it, perhaps because of litigations due to difficult individuals claiming ownership of the same property. In the same way, though all things are legally yours in Christ Jesus, there’re rebel holders of authority—Satan and his cohorts—who often try to sway God’s people from enjoying their inheritance. The Word of God is able to literally deliver your inheritance into your hands, to enjoy, irrespective of the activities of the adversary.

If you’d constantly meditate on the Word, not only will you be built for success, excellence and the victorious life, the Word will also deliver into your hands that which is rightfully yours in Christ. So, open up your appetite for the Word. Bombard your mind with Scriptures until you’re completely inundated, and you’re configured to think from the Word’s perspective only.

Prayer...
 Dear Father, with faith, meekness, and gladness, I receive your engrafted Word, which is able to build me up and deliver unto me what rightfully belongs to me in Christ. Your Word is effectual in me today, producing in me what it talks about, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
James 1:21[KJV] Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

1 Timothy 4:15-16
15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

1 year Bible reading plan: 2 Corinthians 3:7-4:1-18 Proverbs 16-17
2 year Bible reading plan: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 Jeremiah 23

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Bobby4090: 7:53am On Sep 05, 2014
Gombs: We're His Seed Prolonging His days -Saturday, August 30th

2 Corinthians 5:20 describes us as ambassadors of Christ, and we're indeed, His representatives on earth today, teaching the same things He taught and expressing His righteousness to the world. Halleluiah!

You people are just a fraud. You preach what you don't practise. How can the so called pastor that writes this Rhapsody along with his wife be accused of adultery by the same woman. Oh my...what is happening. They should suspend all these writings and seek for forgiveness from God.
This is just a scam to sale the product and make money.

MY MESSAGE TO PASTOR CHRIS: Charity and love begings at home.

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ehisaito(m): 8:07am On Sep 05, 2014
Who is this man that is not afraid to talk about the lords anointed in this manner?,,
Where are u from?
U dont value your life? Or u've not read what God did to miriam and aron when they confronted his servant?

Who are u to judge another mans salvant?
Which churh do u attend?
Is there anything like spiritual trianing in your church?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Bobby4090: 9:18am On Sep 05, 2014
ehisaito: Who is this man that is not afraid to talk about the lords anointed in this manner?,,
Where are u from?
U dont value your life? Or u've not read what God did to miriam and aron when they confronted his servant?

Which churh do u attend?

You people are just a fraud. You preach what you don't practise. How can the so called pastor that writes this Rhapsody along with his wife be accused of adultery by the same woman. Oh my...what is happening. They should suspend all these writings and seek for forgiveness from God.
This is just a scam to sale the product and make money.

MY MESSAGE TO PASTOR CHRIS: Charity and love begings at home.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
Gombs, maybe you should take this to your private diary if you don't want discussions.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Erikthered: 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
ehisaito: Who is this man that is not afraid to talk about the lords anointed in this manner?,,
Where are u from?

Which churh do u attend?

When was he anointed and by whom?

Who was the witness?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:02am On Sep 06, 2014
No Such Thing As Too Late-Saturday, September 6th.

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. (Mark 9:23)

The story of Abraham and his wife Sarah is a perfect example that there’s no such thing as “too late” with God. The Bible says, against natural hope, Abraham believed in hope that he might be the father of many nations, according to the Word of God (Romans 4:18-21). He was about a hundred years old, while Sarah was ninety years (Genesis 17:17). Yet, God told Him he was going to have a child through Sarah. Abraham believed, and at the appointed time, Sarah brought forth Isaac. Some people often lose hope, wondering why they didn’t get the job, contracts, promotion or money for which they had prayed and fasted.

Some others gripe about the promises of God taking too long to be fulfilled in their lives. Well, both groups of people have one common problem: unbelief. The issue isn’t with God. He’s never late.

Consider the Lord Jesus: a message was sent to Him that His friend, Lazarus, was sick (John 11:3) and He promised to go over to see him. The Master waited four more days, until Lazarus died and was buried. It doesn’t get any more hopeless than that. Jesus had said Lazarus’ sickness wasn’t unto death (John 11:4), but he died. He had said He was coming but didn’t show up until four days later. When the Master eventually showed up, he requested to be taken to the grave of Lazarus, undaunted by the fact that he had been dead for four days. He instructed that the tombstone be rolled away and called out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” The dead man came back to life (John 11:41-44).

It makes no difference how hopeless you might think your situation is; there’s no such thing as “too late” with God. Simply trust Him, for He’s the God who gives life to the dead, and calls things that don’t exist as though they already existed. He lives in eternity where there’s no past or future. With Him, everything is in the “NOW”; and He proves Himself Master over all circumstances, no matter how late, dead, or impossible they might seem in the eyes of men.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I thank you for the faith that your Word bolsters in me even now! I believe all that your Word says about me; I put my entire trust in you, knowing that no situation is beyond the authority and power of your Word by which I live, and dominate circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
John 11:25-26.
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Hebrews 7:25
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Hebrews 10:35-36.
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 5:1-6:1-2, Proverbs 18-19
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28, Jeremiah 24

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ehisaito(m): 5:20am On Sep 07, 2014
[ May God forgive all of u for saying what u dont know, pastor anita never said anyting about adultry, the media will be the reason why some of u will av to face God on that day of rekon, keep on rantin your mouth, for u are the owner..

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.