Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249413 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:53am On Mar 26, 2010
Subject: Rule Your World! – Friday March 26, 2010

Rule Your World!

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gideon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions (Hebrews 11:32-33).

As Christians, we ought to apply our faith in God’s Word to deal with situations and challenges. In the faith’s hall of fame, the Bible talks about certain men and women who through their faith performed great feats for the Kingdom of God (Hebrews 11:32-33). These apostles of faith subdued kingdoms and did supernatural things in their time; they ruled their world!

The Bible talked about how they wrought righteousness; meaning when others conformed to error, they stood their grounds for the truth and prevailed. They were as the children of Issachar who the Bible says had an understanding of the times (1 Chronicles 12:32).

By your faith, you too can do great things in your world today. You can work righteousness and breathe life back into situations that were hitherto dead. Through your faith, you can revive that business that’s been grounded! You can perform so well in your business or career that the world will marvel at you. Faith is your currency; rule your world with it.

Confession
I’m backed by God to rule and dominate my world with His Word. The Word of faith is in my heart and my mouth; as I speak it forth, it produces the desired result. I’m obtaining promises, producing righteousness everywhere I go and effecting great changes by the Word of God through faith. Through faith, I’ve overcome the world! Hallelujah!

Further Study
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Joshua 1:5
There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by lordbayor(m): 10:42am On Mar 26, 2010
Hallelujah , this is remarkable , i never knew that i could also read online cos i always have to wait for it to be posted to my facebook , since i cant have the book copy over here that i am now , thank u very much
God Bless u
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by hubreality(m): 9:28am On Mar 27, 2010
Thanks Mabel, the Lord is your strength. It will surely become a very sticky thread soonest thereby attracting huge traffic of people from the search engines beyond here. Keep it coming.

You're blessed!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:23pm On Mar 27, 2010
Subject: Love Like God – Saturday March 27, 2010

Love Like God

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with a the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:14-19).

The scripture above is a beautiful prayer by the apostle Paul for the Body of Christ. In it, he lets us know that with all the knowledge of the love of Christ, we will be filled with all the fullness of God. When the love of Christ is working in you, you’ll love every single person that comes across your path no matter how seemingly worthless, insignificant or unloveable he may be.

When the Bible says in John 3;16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son…” it wasn’t referring to the world of buildings, cars, machines, vegetation, oceans and mountains, but the world of people. That means He loves every single person in the world. We also ought to love everyone without discrimination, for the love of Christ doesn’t exclude anyone.

You have the capacity to love like God. The Bible says, “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink (Ephesians 2:4-5). God loved us while we were yet sinners. Therefore, let your love for the people for whom Christ died be intense, and let it also motivate you to soul winning.

Today, let your heart beat with love for those around you who are yet to know the Lord. Let Christ’s love in you compel you to preach the gospel to them and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of satan unto God.

Confession
I am a child of God, created in His very image of love. I have the ability to love like my heavenly Father who gave up Jesus to die for my sake. The love of Christ has taken a hold of me and I’m manifesting this love, thereby reaching out to my world with love. Hallelujah.

Further Study
Ephesians 2:4-5 (MSG)

It's a wonder God didn't lose his temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, he embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on his own, with no help from us! Then he picked us up and set us down in highest heaven in company with Jesus, our Messiah.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2010
Subject: Don’t Ignore The Spirit! – Sunday March 28, 2010

Don’t Ignore The Spirit!

In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in is love and in his pity he redeemed them; and bare them, and carried them all the days of old. But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them (Isaiah 63: 9-10).

The indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives is one of the greatest blessings we have as Christians. He is our advantage and the secret to a glorious and successful life. Thus you must recognize and take advantage of His ministry in your life. Some Christians ignore the ministry of the Holy Spirit, hence their lives are out of joint; full of ups and downs.

It’s the ministry of the Holy Spirit to guide and lead in all affairs of life; it’s His ministry to grant you the wisdom and counsel you need to win every day in life. Consciously acknowledge His presence with you and in you, and learn to yield to Him always. Never ignore His counsel. The Bible says in Isaiah 30:21, “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.”

Whose voice do you think that is? It’s the voice of the Holy Spirit. He speaks to us daily on life’s issues through God’s Word, but many ignore His counsel because His voice is never strong and harsh against us. It matters that in whatever you do, you honour the presence of the Holy Spirit in your life. Don’t wound his tender compassion by consistently rejecting His counsel.

Perhaps you talked to someone rudely and Holy Spirit corrected you, be quick to heed His correction and make the necessary amends. Otherwise, His voice that used to be clear to you may soon become faint and distant if you continually ignore Him. Live your life in a way that brings honour to the Holy Spirit; appreciate His presence in your life and you’d be glad you did.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the indwelling and abiding presence of your precious Holy Spirit, who is my comforter, teacher and guide. Today, as I seek to do only those things that are honorable and pleasing to you, my increase, progress and prosperity is evident for all to see, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Matthew 12:31
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

1 Thessalonians 5:19
Quench not the Spirit.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by hubreality(m): 9:15am On Mar 29, 2010
He speaks to us always. I love to know more of His ways.

Today's ROR says "Pray for God's People." We should stand in the gap, interceeding through prayers for God's people across the globe. Prayer avails much.

I love this prayer as contained in today's Rhapsody(March 29th): Let this call drive you to your knees and pray:

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for making me an intercessor, one to stand in the gap for God's children all over the world! I live up to this call tody, as I pray that you'll grant utterance, boldness and opportunity to Christians, especially in places where the light of the gospel of Christ's salvation is dim, to preach your word with mighty miracles, signs and wonders, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:19pm On Mar 29, 2010
Subject: Pray For God’s People – Monday March 29, 2010

Pray For God’s People

Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith (2 Thessalonians 3:1-2).

John Wesley, a great man of God, once said, “It appears that God will do nothing except we ask Him.” It’s no wonder that he was credited to have, through prayer, effected remarkable changes in his day, both in his own life and ministry and in the society at large.

In Luke 18:1, Jesus taught that men ought always to pray and not to faint. It’s our priestly ministry as believers to pray for our brothers and sisters all over the world, that through them, God’s Word will be preached in the nooks and crannies of their nations.

Paul in his epistles, admonished believers to pray for his missionary work: “Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds” (Colossians 4:3). This lets us know that we also must pray that the Holy Spirit will grant the saints all over the world utterance and opportunities to preach the gospel where they are. In the scripture we just read, Paul highlighted two important points: utterance and opportunities. You might have the utterance and not have the opportunity to preach the gospel, and vise versa; this is the reason we must intercede as admonished by the Spirit through Paul in Colossians 4:3.

If every Christians would pray with this consciousness, there will be a great change throughout the world. Also, Paul said, “…that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith” (2 Thessalonians 3:2). The Greek word translated “delivered” is “rhuomai”; it alludes to the rushing current or flood. By implication, he’s saying that God will rush to deliver – get His people out of the clutches of wicked and unreasonable men, who are against the preaching of the gospel.

Get concerned about what happens to Christians in your nation and around the world, and let your concern drive you to your knees in prayer.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for making me an intercessor, one to stand in the gap for God’s children all over the world! I live up to this call today, as I pray that you’ll grant utterance, boldness and opportunity to Christians, especially in places where the light of the gospel of Christ’s salvation is dim, to preach your Word with mighty miracles, signs and wonders, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 6:18-20
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19: And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20: For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Romans 15:30
Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2010
Subject: He Doesn’t Forget Your Labour of Love – Wednesday March 31, 2010

He Doesn’t Forget Your Labour of Love

For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister (Hebrews 6:10).

Everything you do or sacrifice for the sake of the gospel is not only recorded (Malachi 3:16), the Lord also rewards you for it. This brings to mind Peter’s encounter with the Lord by the lake of Gennesaret: “And it came to pass that, as the people pressed upon to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon’s, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship” (Luke 5:1-3).

Peter and his company had just returned from a fruitless all-night fishing expedition. So his decision to oblige the Master the use of his boat wasn’t an easy one; he had to jettison his disappointment and exhaustion in order to help the Master propagate His message. The Bible lets us know that after Jesus preached to the crowd from Peter’s boat, He asked Peter to launch out into the deep for a great catch. Peter obeyed and caught a great multitude of fishes such that he had to call out to his partners to help him haul in the great catch (Luke 5:6-7). Now, he had toiled all-night and caught nothing. But suddenly he had so much, just because he decided to help the Master. What a miracle!

What sacrifices have you made for the gospel? It could be your time, money, family, friends and relationships you gave up, whatever it is, God hasn’t forgotten. Your blessing isn’t deferred until you get to heaven. It begins here on earth: “And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. But many that are first shall be last; and the last first” (Mark 10:29-31).

Peter didn’t receive his harvest of fishes in heaven, he got it on earth. Therefore, your reward isn’t far ahead; its closer than you think, be confidently assured that He’ll reward you in due time, for He doesn’t forget your labour of love!

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your Word that is working in my life mightily. Now I know that my services in the Kingdom are in vain! Therefore with renewed vigour and commitment, I pledge myself today for greater service in the house of God, and passionately seek the expansion of your Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Malachi 3:16
Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Matthew 10:42
And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

Matthew 19:29
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:48am On Apr 02, 2010
You Can Call Forth Your Harvest ANYTIME!

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease (Genesis 8:22).

The Lord didn’t say, “While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest time …shall not cease.” To say “seed time and harvest time” suggests that there’s a definite time of sowing and a definite time of harvest. But “seedtime and harvest” means harvest is anytime. In other words, you might as well consider today the day of harvest!

What the Lord is saying to us here is that though there be seedtime (a time of sowing), there’s no fixed time for your harvest; you can call it forth anytime! So your harvest ought to come in ways that are supernatural. For example, the Bible says Isaac sowed during the time of famine – a time when it was naturally impossible for harvest – yet he received in the same year a hundredfold (Genesis 26:12-13).

Others sowed beside Isaac and got no harvest, yet Isaac reaped a miraculous harvest at the time natural conditions weren’t favourable for harvest. That’s how it ought to be in your life. Your harvest is now; your miracle is now. Go ahead and sow your seed, and the Lord will bless and multiply it back to you. Whether it’s money-seed, seeds of prayer or seeds of faith-confessions – begin to relate with your harvest by faith.

Confession
My harvest is always supernatural in relation to my seed. I declare that for every seed I have sown my harvest comes speedily. None of my seeds shall fail to produce the expected harvest. I receive even now a multiplied harvest of all my seeds sown, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Mark 4:26-29
And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;

2 Corinthians 9:10
Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousnesswink
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:03am On Apr 03, 2010
The Holy Spirit: Your Greatest Asset

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you (John 14:26).

Jesus called the Holy Spirit the Spirit of truth, which means the Spirit of reality; the One who unveils the realities of life to you (John 16:13). He’s sent of God to teach you all things and remind you of the Word of God when you need it most (John 14:26). He’s your comforter, helper, strengthener and guide. He shows you the future.

There’s no Christian without the Holy Spirit. Many haven’t taken advantage of His presence in their lives, so they walk in confusion; beaten down by the challenges of life. Psalm 82:5 says, “They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.” Wars, economic recession, natural disasters, terrorism and disease outbreaks are taking their toll upon the earth. Therefore, you need the Holy Spirit to help you navigate your way through life victoriously.

Submit to the ministry of the Holy Spirit and develop an intimacy with Him through fellowship. Apportion regular times in the day to spend with Him, and He’ll reveal mysteries to you concerning your life, future, family, job, finances and everything else related to you. He’ll fly you on eagle’s wings and teach you how to excel and win on a daily basis.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the presence of your Holy Spirit in my life today. I thank you Lord for by your instructions through the Word, and ministry of the Holy Spirit, I’m living an exceptionally great life here on earth, dominating circumstances and living the transcendent life you prepared for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

John 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:12pm On Apr 05, 2010
Subject: Find Out What He Wants – Monday April 5, 2010

Find Out What He Wants

Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is (Ephesians 5:17).

The fact that you strongly desire something doesn’t mean your desire is from God. Also, that you got something you desired doesn’t mean it was God’s perfect will for you to have it. Someone may then ask, “Does God give people what He doesn’t want them to have?” Emphatically yes; when you get importunate with Him by becoming persistent and unrelenting in your request! The Bible reveals this.

Did you ever read of Balaam? He asked God if he could honour King Balak’s invitation for him to curse the children of Israel, and God said no. He asked three times, yet God didn’t permit him. But finally, when he wouldn’t stop asking, God allowed him to. But then in Numbers 22:22 the Bible says “And God’s anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the Lord stood in the way for an adversary against him…”

Also, when the children of Israel were thirsty and wanted water, God instructed Moses to strike the rock with his rod for the rock to produce water. When he did, water came out and the people drank. The next time the people asked for water, God, this time, specifically asked Moses to go in the presence of the people and talk to the rock to bring forth water.

Well, he got there, and because he was angry with the people he struck the rock instead of talking to it, and water came out. In fact, the Bible says “The water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also” (Numbers 20:11), but God was angry with Moses. Just because water came out didn’t mean it was God. Do you see the point?

That you got what you asked for or that something seems to be working out is no proof it came from God. You have to find out what He wants; first from His Word, then when it concerns a specific issue in your life, He’ll guide you by His Spirit. You have to learn to align yourself with His will, not by you telling Him what you want, but by finding out from Him what He wants for your life. Understand that we’re God’s children, and God doesn’t hold back from us; instead, what He does is to teach us and guide us in the direction of His perfect will. Therefore, learn and walk in His perfect will for your life.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for demonstrating your love for me by guiding me into your perfect will for my life. As I follow hard after you today, my dreams, ambitions, and aspirations slip off to the sidelines, while your divine plan and purpose for me to take centre place in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:40am On Apr 07, 2010
Subject: Good Character - A Rewarding Asset! – Wednesday April 7, 2010

Good Character - A Rewarding Asset!

Good character is the best insurance; crooks get trapped in their sinful lust (Proverbs 11: 6 MSG).

Imagine you got home one day and found one million dollars left at the corner of your house, and just the day before you had asked the Lord for money. But now, here you are, with a bag of one million dollars, probably abandoned by someone you don’t know. What would you do? I can imagine what a terrible difficulty some people may have, deciding what to do. “Do I take it and keep it, or do I alert the police? Do I hide it somewhere else?” These and some other thoughts may run through your mind.

Some won’t have any problem deciding what to do with it; they’d simply keep it. They may justify their action by saying ‘If God didn’t want me to have it, why then did He put it there?” Now, they’re holding God responsible.

It reminds me of my growing years. Back then, if you found something that didn’t belong to you, you took it to a repository called “Lost-and-found,” where it would be kept until the owner reclaimed it. It never crossed your mind to keep whatever you found that didn’t belong to you. It was part of your character. There were no questions as to whether or not to keep it; you knew exactly what to do! You either returned it or found some authority figure to give it to, who would do something about it.

So today, if you found a million dollars beside your house, the right thing to do is to get witnesses and take the money to the police. That’s good character. Now, having done that, don’t expect anyone to reward you, for nobody needs to reward you for character. It’s life itself that rewards good character, and when it does, it does it in a big way. So train yourself with good character, for it is a rewarding asset indeed.

Confession
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the power of your Word to build in me excellent virtues and good character! I declare that my character will always be the true reflection of the life and nature of God that’s in me!

Further Study
2 Peter 1:5
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

Romans 5:3-4
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:54am On Apr 08, 2010
Subject: How To Increase Your Vocabulary In Other Tongues! – Thursday April 8, 2010

How To Increase Your Vocabulary In Other Tongues!

I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all (1 Corinthians 14:18).

Have you ever felt like you needed to increase your vocabulary in other tongues? I mean you felt you needed to have additional words with which to communicate with the Father in other tongues? Some time ago, someone asked me “Pastor Chris, I’ve been speaking in tongues for years now, and just recently, it feels as though the tongues don’t come out as freely as I’d want them to. How do I increase my vocabulary in other tongues?”

Firstly, your vocabulary in tongues can increase while you’re inspired in prayer. Also, it happens while you’re listening to the Word of God and are inspired in your spirit! At such times, new tongues will whirl up in you, and it’s important that you let yourself go and speak those new tongues, even if you have to do so under your voice. That way, your spirit will pick them. But if you don’t speak them forth, you’d suppress them and remain where you were before.

So when new tongues whirl up within you while you’re listening to the Word of God, or praying, speak them, for they’re given to you by the Spirit to enrich your heavenly vocabulary.

Then also, your vocabulary in other tongues can be increased while you’re meditating on the Word. This time, you may not necessarily be in Church listening to the Word being preached or taught! You may not even be praying at the time, but you’re in deep meditation, and whilst listening within your spirit, new tongues-new words of the Spirit-will burst forth from your spirit.

So, to increase your vocabulary in other tongues, you have to let the inspiration of the Holy Spirit work through you, as you spend time in prayer, meditation and study of the Word.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the wonderful benefits of speaking in other tongues and the refreshing and energizing experience I receive from it today! I declare that my spiritual vocabulary is constantly improved as I spend more time with you in prayer, meditation and study of your holy Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 14:2
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by osaroodion(m): 10:11am On Apr 09, 2010
HOW WONDERFUL THIS IS. GOD WILL BLESS RICHLY. KEEP THEM COMING. LOVE U SO MUCH. TODAY'S MESSAGE: BE SEROIUS ABOUT SOULWINNING
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:31am On Apr 10, 2010
Subject: We Are Superior To Angels – Saturday April 10, 2010

We Are Superior To Angels

But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? (Hebrews 1:13-14).

The Bible reveals that Christians are higher than angels; as a matter of fact, we will judge angels (1 Corinthians 6:3). After the rapture of the Church, we will be seated with Christ on thrones and judge the world, including angels that didn’t obey God.

We’re superior to angels on account of our identity with Christ. The Bible says we’re joint heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17); we’re sons of God (1 John 3:1-3); we’re born of the Spirit of God! The angels are His servants; they are ministering spirits, sent to minister for us, whom the Bible describes as the heirs of salvation. As one who’s born again, you’re directly joined with Christ; you’re one with Him: “But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit” (1 Corinthians 6:17).

Angels are powerful. They’re more powerful than we are in might and strength, but we have authority in the Name of Jesus, and the angels are subject to Jesus. They listen to Him and obey Him, and we are in Him. As He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17).

The Name of Jesus is the greatest name in heaven and in the earth, and we live in that Name. This is what makes us superior to angels. It’s not that we achieved it; it’s the result of what Christ Jesus did for us and made of us. This is why it’s scripturally wrong for Christians to pray to angels or pray through them; for we are actually superior to angels.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the place of influence, power and authority that I occupy in Christ, where I reign and rule with Him. Thank you for your holy angels that you’ve charged to minister on my behalf! I recognize their presence with me today, and commission them to go forth and cause the blessings and benefits of salvation that you’ve ordained for me to experience today to reach me by free course, unhindered, in the Name of Jesus. Amen,

Further Study
Hebrews 1:4-8
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

1 John 4:17
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by abrahym(m): 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2010
Very nice book
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2010
Subject: The Power of Your Thoughts – Sunday April 11, 2010

The Power of Your Thoughts

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he… (Proverbs 23:7).

Thoughts are pictures of the mind that have constructive or destructive potential. Thoughts also have power and create realities. The quickest way to affect your thoughts is through mental pictures. You’ve got to see first in your mind the things you desire for your life.

In Genesis 15:1, God told Abraham, “…Fear not…I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.” But instead of Abraham to be excited at God’s Word, he complained bitterly: “Sovereign LORD, what good are all your blessings when I don’t even have a son? Since I don’t have a son, Eliezer of Damascus, a servant in my household, will inherit all my wealth” (Genesis 15:2-3 TNLB).

God, however, knew what to do to make Abraham believe; He gave him a mental picture. He “…brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and He said unto him, So shall thy seed be. And he believed in the Lord; and He counted it to him for righteousness” (Genesis 15:5-6).
That picture of having offspring as innumerable as the stars in the sky helped Abraham believe God’s Word and think the right thoughts. He went on to receive God’s promise and Isaac was born.

Make a practice of forming the right images in your mind based on God’s Word. When you do, those thoughts will create realities.

Confession
My mind is flooded with the light of God’s Word and I only see pictures of excellence, success, victory and abundance. I think the right thoughts, speak the right words and receive the results of the Word in life today. Glory to God!

Further Study
Proverbs 23:7
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by nuclearboy(m): 10:55am On Apr 11, 2010
Story Link: http://www.thisdayonline.com/archive/2003/03/30/20030330rel01.html

When I first read on the Internet the story of the stolen thirty-nine Million naira from the coffers of Sheraton Hotel Lagos by the general Cashier of the Hotel, I did not give it much attention. Like many other people who read the news, I felt it was just one of those usual occurrences which have earned Nigeria the unenviable position of the second most corrupt nation in the world. There are too many cases of fraud and stealing of greater magnitude occurring every day in both official and unofficial circles here in Nigeria. Why then would anyone pay any serious attention to another story of theft in a company.

However, Newswatch in the March 31, 2003 edition sub-titled; "Oyakhilome's Church in N39m Theft Scandal" actually brought a twist to the whole episode. The publication was able to establish that the general cashier of Sheraton Hotel who claimed responsibility for the stolen money is a leader of sort in "Christ's Embassy". During preliminary police investigations, the hotel cashier (whose name is given as Lawrence Agada) revealed that he stole the money and expended it all to meet some of the needs of the church; to support some of her numerous outreach programs and satellite branches. To mention a few among other programs that Agada supported, he gave in millions on different occasions to sponsor Christ Embassy's popular "Night of Bliss". He also donated to the regular "Prosperity Convention" which is held regionally by the most senior Pastor. Agada supported likewise various branches of the church like the Agege, Ogba, Oke-Ira, and Ashade branches in rent payment, purchases of musical instruments, and chairs.

There was no indication that the cashier used part of the stolen money for anything else apart from giving it in different forms of donations to the Church. Up till the time of this publication there has been nothing to show that the young man did anything for himself or his family out of the N39m he stole. It seems Agada is now beginning to realize that he was under some kind of a negative influence of a mysterious spirit. Something came upon him and kept pushing him to go and carry the hotel's money to the church whenever there was any call for money in the church. Elizabeth (who is Agada's wife and an administrative staff of the Church) confirmed been privy to the whole deal. She says she was worried at a point knowing the money does not belong to her husband and that one day they may be required to pay it back to the hotel. They have no business of their own beside, but she was sure 'God' was the one talking to her husband to steal the money for the Church.

He also have a commendation letter from Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (which contain some prophecies) to show for all his "generosity". In the letter of commendation the Pastor acknowledged the donation of a generator said to be valued at over N4m. Among other things stated in the letter which was signed by Oyakhilome, it reads; "I trust you are both fine and experiencing the glory of God in a greater measure laughing your way through, " The prophecy therein says; "In your life, God will do mighty things. He will cause you to excel and lift you up so high that the world can't but take notice of you, in Jesus' name. Amen". With this type of acknowledgment, commendation and prophecy from "the ultimate man of God," Agada didn't need to think twice in responding with more millions from the Hotel's coffer to meet the various demands of the Church. It is most amazing that while the man of God hoped that Agada and Elizabeth were "laughing their way through" he did not border to find out how a mere cashier was getting the millions of Naira he was laundering on the church.

The Pastor of the Ifako branch of Christ Embassy confirmed that Lawrence Agada is their right hand man in the church. Everything Agada claimed he bought for the church and all the money he donated were confirmed to be true. Most of these things were found in the premises of both the headquarters and branch churches of Christ Embassy. It is on record that Agada sponsored some of his Pastor's trips abroad some costing as much as N400,000 : 00. Despite all these, the overall leadership of the church is seeking to affirm the legitimacy and legality of all they received from Agada. It is disturbing that the Church through her legal representative is so concerned with the fact that Agada is "a mere Cell or Unit leader in the Church" and not a Pastor. The Church Lawyer also seems satisfied with the fact that from his investigations, Agada only spent about N22m on the church and not the whole N39m. These are just extracts from the shocking developments and the ungodly attitude of the Church authority in their response to the whole matter. I will advice you obtain a copy of the said Newswatch magazine for more details.

The issues arising from all these are both fundamental and weighty. It is not first a matter of legality but of morality and integrity. What kind of Pastor will be collecting millions of Naira regularly from a church member (who is just a company cashier) without wanting to know how the member was getting the money? What kind of gospel is the likes of Agada and his wife hearing that made them believe that God can ask them to be stealing to support his work? A church that says (through her attorney) that it is not her business to know how members of her flock is doing their work in their various offices definitely gives herself away as an irresponsible church. A church that does not care about how her members come about large sum of money given as donation (which is far beyond the regular earnings of such members) is fraudulent. Such an organization can easily take blood money as donations even from armed robbers just to promote "God's work". Every God fearing person ought to be weary of such churches. I wonder how members of Christ Embassy will feel now knowing that some of the money used to power their programs, the generating plants and even chairs used in their services are bought from stolen money.

It is not difficult to get to the root of why people like Agada and his wife initially believed it was God asking him to steal hotel money for church work. There must be a different type of spirit propelling them to take such money for the church; it definitely cannot be the Holy Spirit. Someone must be under some kind of very strong spell or might have been seriously bewitched to steal millions of naira without even building a house, buying a car or even buying shoes for himself. What kind of spirit is really at work in Christ Embassy? Not too long ago, before Chris Okotie was swept away by the delusion of political ambition, he raised an alarm about the fraternity of Oyakhilome and the man in the Synagogue: T. B Joshua. He indicated that there were evidences that Oyakhilome have been initiated to the cult of the Anti-Christ (the Beast). He warned that true Christians who worship in Christ Embassy should leave the church lest they come under the spell of the man in the Synagogue under whose influence Oyakhilome was already operating. Many people interpreted all these warnings in different ways and did not take serious.

Soon after all these, Oyakhilome began to openly pattern his healing and miracle services after the mystical style of T. B. Joshua as if to further confirm his initiation into a cult. The man in the Synagogue is not only the person of questionable character and negative spiritual antecedents that Oyakhilome keeps company with. There is the case of one so called 'Apostle' Gbenga Igbafen (who unknown to many people is actually Oyakhilome's brother in-law). They now go about conducting what they call "Prosperity Convention". At such conferences, people are cajoled and sweet talked into some kind of "seed sowing" so as to have "some breakthrough and prosper miraculously.

The Sheraton cashier is said to have given at least twice in millions on such occasions before being caught. (This is a practical case of the promise of breakthrough becoming total breakdown). This same Gbenga Igbafen now being paraded about by Oyakhilome as an 'apostle' is a discredited preacher who specializes in immorality and in making people empty their wallets wherever he preaches. He actually became bankrupt and have to literally sell his former church to another denomination before joining Oyakhilome as his "apostle of extortion". These kind of apostles are described in 2 Cor . 11:13 -15 thus; "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

It is necessary to examine a little further the prophecy contained in Oyakhilome's letter to Agada. This is because the predictions seem to have come to pass so accurately in a way. Agada has indeed 'excelled' in the art of stealing in the name of God to support the ministry of the likes of Oyakhilome. As one that played the fool (because he was being bewitched by dubious preachers) he has been so lifted up for the whole world to notice the atrocities been perpetrated in the name of the Lord just as Oyakhilome said it would be. The bible says the promotion of fools is their shame. The question however is what kind of a prophet is Oyakhilome who wouldn't see that the man he was sending such written prophecy to was actually stealing the money that provoked the prophecy? Which God did the Pastor say will do those mighty things in Agada's life. It certainly cannot be the God of truth and justice that we know. It must be another kind of god: the one that was compelling Agada to steal for the church. Based on all these, the types of Oyakhilome fall to the category of those who preached another Jesus, another gospel and make people receive another spirit contrary to the one the early apostles of Christ presented. (See 2Cor. 11:3-4)

Somebody must be courageous enough to tell Oyakhilome and his cohorts to repent of all their atrocities. There is no form of bravado that can help them out of this mess. The church and her leadership must openly repent, apologize to the management of the Sheraton Hotel and the general public. All the money traced to the coffer of the Church (as donations in cash and kind) out of the stolen money should be refunded back to the hotel management. If the leadership of the church refuses to hearken to this voice of reason, they will not only remain discredited, but the law should be made to run it's full course on the matter at hand. And subsequently God will reveal his wrath on all those who are misrepresenting him. I believe there are still many similar cases like the one stated here. There are many more Agadas in other churches like Christ Embassy that are being deceived. Everyone should examine himself \ herself and set the house in order. Romans Chap. 1:31 says "Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." The time has come that judgment is beginning in the house of God!. Repent and be converted less you perish.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:30am On Apr 12, 2010
Diane Maartens sent a message to the members of Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional.

--------------------
Subject: You’re Divinely Protected – Monday April 12, 2010

You’re Divinely Protected

Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm (1 Chronicles 16:22).

In the scripture above, God wasn’t just referring to anointed prophets as Moses, Elijah, and Elisha; He was referring to all His kids. We’re His anointed ones! Anyone that dares to touch or harm you will automatically incur God’s wrath, for His watchful eyes of protection are forever upon you. That’s why He admonishes us repeatedly in scripture not to fear.

You’re divinely protected from the peril and evil in the world. The Bible says “A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee (Psalm 91:7). Jesus also said in Luke 10:19 “…and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”

Understand that your life is hid with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3); therefore, you’re divinely protected. It’s impossible for the enemy to get to you and harm you, for he’ll have to get to God first. God never allows the enemy the opportunity to harm or take advantage of His kids; “He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes” (1 Chronicles 16:21).

For example, God had to rebuke King Abimelech for the sake of the His prophet Abraham. Abimelech had taken Sarah, Abraham’s wife, for himself. But God appeared to Abimelech in a dream and urged him to restore Abraham’s wife, or face the death penalty (Genesis 20:2-3). This shows how much the Father watches over us with holy jealousy.

The Bible says you’re the apple of God’s eye: “For thus saith the Lord of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye (Zechariah 2:cool. Since God will not allow anyone poke Him in the eye, it therefore means He won’t allow anyone hurt you or harm you. No wonder he says ‘no weapon formed against you shall prosper’ (Isaiah 54:17).

Prayer
Dear Father, I’m assured that no weapon formed against me shall prosper; your anointing upon my life divinely protects me against the perils and evil in the world. I thank you for making me superior to satan and giving me power to cast him out! I declare that I’m divinely protected against sickness, disease and infirmity, in Jesus’ Name Amen.

Further Study
Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Psalm 91:11
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:18am On Apr 15, 2010
Subject: Ask With Confidence – Thursday April 15, 2010

Ask With Confidence

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full (John 16:24).

God’s desire is for to have your requests granted, so your joy may be full. He’s your loving heavenly Father, and you can be confident to table your requests before Him. In Matthew 7:11, Jesus said, “If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?”

The reason some Christians pray but never receive anything from the Lord is that they don’t ask in confidence. This is perhaps because they’re ignorant of His will. God’s will is not to withhold good things from you, so be confident to ask Him for the best things of life. If you’re not confident before God, you can’t be effective in your walk of faith.

This is where righteousness-consciousness comes in. Righteousness is the nature of God imparted to your spirit at the new birth, which gives you right-standing with God. It gives you the ability to stand confidently before God without guilt or inferiority. Note that the righteousness you have is God’s righteousness; He gave it to you as a gift (Romans 5:17). So you can boldly and confidently approach His throne of grace today. You can pray in faith and expect answers, for the righteousness of Christ in you has qualified you to receive from Him.

Always remember that God is more desirous that you live the good life than you could ever be. So be confident to present your request before Him in prayer and receive your answer, that your joy may be full.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that has come to me today, letting me know that you delight in me to do good and grant my hearts desires according to your will. I thank you for the beautiful privilege you’ve given me to present my requests boldly before you and for the assurance that I would receive them. I declare that my joy is full today, as I receive the answers to my prayers, in Jesus Name. Amen,

Further Study
1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:59am On Apr 16, 2010
Subject: Fasting Makes You Receptive To God’s Spirit! – Friday April 16, 2010

Fasting Makes You Receptive To God’s Spirit!

As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away (Acts 13:2-3).

Did you know it’s God’s will, purpose, and desire to talk to you personally and have you understand Him clearly? The truth is, God is always talking to you, but when your spirit is clouded with other matters, you tend to miss out on His guidance and direction. This is where fasting and prayer is of great help! It gets you attuned to God.

Fasting is a spiritual exercise that affects and influences your spirit. Some folks believe fasting makes them more serious in their prayer, which subsequently convinces God to hear them and do something for them. But that’s not the essence of fasting. When you fast, you discipline your flesh in submission to the Word. This makes you more receptive to God’s Spirit. It breaks down the resistance of your human senses and brings a release in your spirit. This causes you to pray more correctly.

Fasting also positions you rightly for God’s Word to come to you. God may have been speaking to you and you may not have been picking His signals. But when you fast and pray, your spirit becomes sensitive and ready to receive the guidance and direction He’s giving you.

I urge you to make fasting and praying a regular exercise. Remember, the men in Acts 13:1-3 received instructions from the Holy Spirit after they had spent time fasting and praying. There’s so much the Lord desires to say to you but first you’ve got to tune in to His Spirit, and fasting will help you do just that.

Prayer
Dear Father, I want to hear from you even more clearly and receive the fullness of all you have for me. As I set myself to seek your face and listen for your voice, my spiritual senses are sharpened. Every noise and distortion is blocked out of my mind, and I hear your voice loud and clear in my spirit today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 6:4-5
But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;

Isaiah 58: 6-9
Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy reward.

Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:32am On Apr 17, 2010
Subject: Ever Increasing Glory! – Saturday April 17, 2010

Ever Increasing Glory!

The Lord our God spake unto us in Horeb, saying, Ye have dwelt long enough in this mount (Deuteronomy 1:6).

As a child of God, there’s always a higher realm of glory for you; there’s always a higher level of success to aspire to. Regardless of the successes and victories that you’ve experienced thus far, there’s still so much you can achieve! You can still ascend higher and move to the next level in your journey of success, for there’s no end to the glory of the child of God.

Some people function at a certain level of productivity and wouldn’t aspire for more until they get tired of that present level. Well for me, I don’t like to wait until I am tired; I like to make more progress! That’s the life we have in Christ-it’s a life of ever-increasing glory! Thus my journey of success is in one direction: upward and forward.

Never be comfortable to remain in one spot for too long, no matter the laurels you were decorated with at that level. There’s more. Aspire to go higher. In the course of their journey to the Promised Land, the Israelites once dwelt in Mount Horeb. But seeing they were making that location a “comfort zone,” God admonished them through Moses to move ahead.

Also, at Shiloh, Joshua challenged the children of Israel saying, “…For how long will you wait here, while there’s still so much land for you to possess?” (Joshua 18:3). Even at age eighty-five, Caleb was willing to go to war and claim more lands for Jehovah (Joshua 14:10-11). What a man! You were called to a life of unending success, victory and prosperity: “But the path of the just is as a shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day” (Proverbs 4:18).

I pray for you today, that the Holy Spirit will open your eyes to see and apprehend your next level of success. May He enlighten your heart to comprehend the next and higher level of glory and victory that He’s prepared for you, and impart you with the divine ability to ascend to that level, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your Word that has come to me today. I’m walking in an intimate fellowship with the Holy Spirit, and He enlightens the eyes of my understanding to comprehend my next level of glory in God. I receive His unique impartation today and ascend higher in everything I’m involved with, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Haggai 2:9
The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

Revelation 4:1
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2010
Subject: Humility Precedes Promotion – Sunday April 18, 2010

Humility Precedes Promotion

…for God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble (1 Peter 5:5).

The Bible says God gives strength to the humble but sets himself against the proud and haughty (James 4:6 TLB). If you want to always experience divine favour in your life, then you must be humble. Humility is a key to greatness, success and promotion.

God resists the proud. The more they try to rise or forge ahead in life, the more He exerts Himself in opposition against them. Their pride inevitably sets them against God’s favour and loving-kindness.

This is the reason some people, in spite of their great abilities, can’t seem to fathom why they aren’t making much progress in their lives. They’ve watched others who didn’t have as much talent as themselves make progress and get promoted; hence they’ve even become bitter against everybody else. What they don’t realize is that their stagnation or lack of progress isn’t the doing of the other men; God is actually resisting them because of their pride.

I urge you today, choose the way of success; choose humility - the pathway to greatness. Pride goes before a fall, but humility precedes promotion. God’s promotion for the humble is certain, therefore keep walking in humility, and you’ll find yourself being elevated several steps at once (Psalm 75:6). Remember, a man’s pride shall bring him low, but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit (Proverbs 29:23).

Confession
I have a humble and meek spirit! I walk in humility towards others and my communication is enhanced by the right attitude in Jesus’ Name. Therefore my promotion comes from God in due time.

Further Study
Matthew 18:4
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Proverbs 29:23
A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:06am On Apr 21, 2010
Be Full of God’s Love

…that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:17-19).

In Ephesians 3:16-19, Paul talks about four dimensions of God’s love – its breadth, length, depth, and height – and prays for the Church to comprehend all of these facets. He also lets us know the result of coming to this full understanding of God’s love – we become filled with the fullness of God.

It’s important that we are filled with the fullness of God, for until were filled with His fullness, we have nothing supernatural to give the world. You can only give of what you have, and the more you have of a thing, the more of it you can give.

So the question is how deep is your love? How far can your love go? How much can your love give? How much can it endure?

When your love is so deep and full and wide, you can give more of it and influence many more with it. God has given you His love and the ability to love like Him: “…the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us” (Romans 5:5). Now, you don’t only love those who love you; you love everyone with “agape” – the unconditional love of Christ.

That’s the kind of love that can go to any length, reach the deepest depths or highest heights, and cover the widest expanse. That’s the love you received in your heart; function with it.

Prayer
I thank you Father for the rich deposit of your love in my heart by your Spirit! Today, I walk conscious of the fact that I have the ability to love like you; therefore, everyone I come in contact with will experience your unconditional love through me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

1 John 4:7-12
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:16am On Apr 22, 2010
You Can Have A Miracle TODAY!

When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes I shall be whole. And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague (Mark 5:27-29).

If there’s any area of your life where you require a miracle, that miracle can take place today. The opening scripture refers to the woman with the issue of blood, who suffered for twelve long years. When she heard about Jesus, she purposed in her heart to receive a miracle: “If I may touch His garment, I will be healed” she kept saying to herself (Matthew 9:21 AMP).

On that very day, she prepared herself for the ‘miracle touch.’ Though a crowd pressed on Jesus, she wasn’t deterred because she had made up her mind for a miracle. She pushed her way through the crowd until she was close enough to reach the hem of the Master’s garment. When she touched it, the Bible says, “straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague” (Mark 5:29). She was healed instantly.

The Bible records that Jesus turned around and asked “Who touched me?’ because He perceived that virtue had gone out of Him. The woman came forward trembling, acknowledging she touched Him, and Jesus declared that she had been made whole (Mark 5:30-34).

It wasn’t the Master’s faith but the woman’s faith that made the difference. She didn’t want to continue in sickness, and devised a plan to receive, that is ‘take’ (Greek: lambano) her healing. She pulled the healing power out of Jesus. You too can position yourself for a miracle today. What is that thing you desire? Find the Word of God concerning it and act your faith! You can have a miracle in your body, family, job or in any area of your life TODAY.

Prayer
Dear Lord, I thank you for you’re the same yesterday, today and forever! As I put my faith in your living Word to work today, I declare that I receive a harvest of miracles in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Mark 5:25-34
And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,
And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.
For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.
And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.
And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?
And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.
But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.
And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:45am On Apr 23, 2010
Your Future Is Bright

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come (John 16:13).

As one who is born again, you don’t have to be anxious about the future, for your future is bright. Jesus said “When the Holy Spirit, who is truth, comes…He will tell you about the future” (John 16:13 TLB). The man without the Holy Spirit is the one who should be uncertain about his future. He’s like an airplane without a pilot, or a ship without a captain, lost at sea, bobbing about in the water. He’s a traveler, wandering aimlessly, with a ticket to nowhere.

But for you that are born again, life doesn’t have to be mysterious anymore for the Holy Spirit living in you came to guide you and bring the future into your present. The Psalmist said, “Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore” (Psalm 16:11).

By yourself, you can’t know the path of life that brings success, joy, victory and prosperity, but the Holy Spirit has come to lead you into that path. He knows how to take you through life’s journey and make you a success, for He sees the end from the beginning. He came to guide you and show you visions of the future. Let Him have His way in you today!

Prayer
Holy Father, I thank you for the great and wonderful future you’ve planned for me! Today, as I yield to the leading, guidance and counsel of your Spirit, the eyes of my spirit are open to recognize and walk in the path of blessings that you’ve ordained for me to walk in, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Acts 2:17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God; I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Isaiah 48:17
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:46pm On Apr 24, 2010
Joy In The Holy Ghost!

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost (Romans 14:17).

Joy is the fruit of the recreated human spirit. Therefore, every Christian ought to experience the joy of the Lord and manifest true joy all the time. The joy of the Lord in your life ought to be independent of circumstances. It doesn’t matter what news or event tries to make you unhappy; you can always be joyful in the Holy Ghost.

Ephesians 5:18-19 reveals how you can always be full of the joy of the Holy Ghost: “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.” Learn to speak to yourself in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make melody in your heart to the Lord always! That way, you get yourself filled with the Spirit, and stir in and around you an atmosphere of joy.

Being filled with the Spirit causes you to experience fullness of joy and pleasures evermore: “Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore” (Psalm 16:11). The Holy Spirit living in you brings you God’s presence, and that presence brings joy to your heart and refreshes you. His presence in your life gives no room for spiritual drowsiness and dryness. You can’t be cast down, when you know how to stir the joy of the Lord that’s in your spirit. That joy, the Bible declares, is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10).

As you consistently fellowship with the Spirit, your life will be full of joy and merriment. It will be difficult for anything to sadden or dampen your spirit. So, today, rejoice evermore in the Holy Ghost, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Hallelujah.

Prayer
Dear Father, my heart is filled with the joy and laughter of the Spirit today. I declare that the joy and glory of salvation which I experience in Christ increase in my life, as I rejoice exceedingly in the Holy Ghost, irrespective of the circumstances and situations that I may face, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Peter 1:8
Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Psalm 30:11-12

Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by inedi: 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2010
WOW! what a book
this is indeed a devotional. i've being so blessed by it
thank you so much
you are indeed wonderful
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2010
Subject: Rid Your Mind Of The Wrong Stuff – Tuesday April 27, 2010

Rid Your Mind Of The Wrong Stuff

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:cool.

The mind is a vital part of the human make-up. It’s our storehouse of information, and it matters the kind of information you keep in it, for that can accelerate or retard your progress. Philippians 4:8 gives us a guide on how to control our minds and use it to process only the right information.

Don’t waste your mind on carnal, unproductive thoughts, for the carnal mind is enmity against God (Romans 8:7). The information you store in your mind tells a lot about you. Just as a man who loves to study would have a library of books, or a music lover a collection of music or a florist a garden of lovely flowers, what you “collect” in your mind reflects what you’re most concerned about.

This is why you’ve got to organize your mind and separate the wheat from the chaff. Some things we store in our minds are just not worth keeping – the bad news you heard on TV or read in the papers, the nasty words someone spoke to you in the rush hour traffic, or the gossip floating about in your office. Don’t retain these things in your mind! Learn not to swallow every word you hear. Instead, throw out the trash. The same way you take time to clean your house in order to get rid of dirt, you must also regularly clean out your mind with the Word and rid it of the wrong stuff.

The Lord Jesus said in John 15:3, “Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.” Paul also lets us know that the Lord sanctifies and cleanses His Church with the washing of the water by the Word (Ephesians 5:26). Study more of God’s Word! It will cleanse your mind of all the wrong thoughts of fear, failure, defeat and lack, and fill you with God’s thoughts of success, abundance, prosperity and victory.

Prayer
Father, as I fill my heart with your Word today, my thoughts are the high thoughts of excellence and success. And I declare that my tongue is guided by your Spirit to speak words that reflect the abundant storage of your Word in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Proverbs 4:23 GNB
Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by hubreality(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2010
Thoughts are indeed powerful! It starts from there.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2010
Supernatural Instructions

Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it … (Romans 12:2 MSG).

One of the ways of training your human spirit is educating him to respond to God at once; learning to respond quickly to His instructions. A lot of the problems many of God’s children get themselves into would be averted if only they respond quickly to the Holy Spirit.

Imagine a guy driving on a journey, and somehow begins to feel sleepy, the Spirit says to him, “get a convenient place to stop and rest awhile.” He ignores that voice and continues in his journey. Then before he knows it, he veers off the road or crashed into a ditch somewhere. Unfortunately, many have lost their lives like that because they didn’t respond to God’s Spirit when He tried to warn them.

Sometimes you my even find yourself in fellowship with certain people the Sprit of God don’t want you to make friends with, and then He tells you to distance yourself from them. Obey immediately. Consciously train yourself to respond quickly to His voice. Don’t let Him have to repeat instructions to you over and over again.

Remember, God’s guidance in your life doesn’t have to be spectacular. If it’s from the Holy Spirit, it’s supernatural and can be trusted. If you train yourself now to respond to Him like this, you’ll be able to hear Him in the time of crisis because your spirit would have been trained to recognize Hs voice.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity I have to be trained by your Spirit. I’ve learned the importance of responding quickly to your instructions and counsel, therefore, not only do I wholly follow them, I respond to them very quickly in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Proverbs 4:13
Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.

Ecclesiastes 8:5
Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:03am On Apr 29, 2010
You Are A Watchman

But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand. So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me (Ezekiel 33:6-7).

This scripture was God’s message to Ezekiel concerning the Israelites, but it also applies to every Christian today. The Lord has appointed us watchmen over our world, and it’s our responsibility to take His message of salvation to every man, woman, boy and girl in our immediate sphere of contact. He wants us to tell others about His love, grace and mercy.

This is the same commission we received from the Lord Jesus in Matthew 28:19: “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” 2 Peter 3:9 says that the Lord “…is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9). He gave us this charge because He doesn’t wish for any sinner to go hell. Through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, God already made salvation available to all mankind. But then, He has given us the special privilege of propagating the glorious news of Christ’s salvation to the ends of the earth.

God has committed to you the ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18). That means you’ve been appointed as a watchman. The Bible however explains that if you don’t take the Gospel to the sinners in your sphere of contact and they die in their iniquities, God will hold you responsible. But if you preach the gospel to them and they refuse to believe, then they’ll suffer the penalty for their sins and you’ll be free.

2 Corinthians 3:6 says, “Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament…” Thus, it’s not a question of whether or not you’re able, for He has made you an able minister of the New Testament! All you need is to be willing.

Get vitally involved in telling others about Jesus. Reach out to those in your sphere of contact with the gospel, and be committed to sponsoring the work of soul-winning through your giving. So that at the end, you can boldly declare as Paul did: “Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men” (Acts 20:26).

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for enlightening my heart on the importance of soul-winning today, and for counting me worthy of this responsibility. I give myself devotedly to the course of turning lives around for you, and I declare that I’m successful in my efforts in reaching my world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in Jesus Name. Amen!

Further Study
Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 322
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.