Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249737 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:54am On Feb 14, 2015
Choose To Win - Saturday, February 14th .
Pastor Chris

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper (Psalm 1:3).

The future belongs to those who prepare for it. There're lots of good things that can happen to you and for you along the path of life without you preparing for them or doing anything for them to happen. However, God's best isn't that you wait for good things to "fall" on you. For example, the Bible tells us that Jesus Christ died for the whole world. The work of salvation has been consummated; it's been made available to everyone in the world.

But sadly, there're people who'll still go to hell. Is it God's fault, or was the salvation inadequate? Certainly not! It's because they chose not to accept His salvation; it's the choice they made that's taking them to hell. Some others never heard of Christ's salvation, and it's our responsibility to tell the untold.

In the same way, you're the offspring of success; therefore, you can't and shouldn't be anything less. Success is your birthright. However, just because you've got the genes of success in you doesn't mean you're going to live up to your calling. You've got to do something about it; you must choose to win. Choose to be a success. Organize yourself for it. Plan for it and work towards it.

Success and failure are neither accidental nor mysterious. If you consistently practise the principles of success according to God's Word, you're guaranteed to experience good success in every area of your life. On the other hand, the one who lives without vision, purpose and a sense of direction will fail miserably in life. It's still early in the year, a good time to organize and strategize by the Spirit to win and be a victor on every count. Remember, it's not enough to hope for success; you make it happen. It's a choice that you must make.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for guiding me in the path of life and leading me in the way of supernatural success and permanent prosperity. I make my way prosperous and consistently experience good success as I meditate on the Word and speak it forth with boldness, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. ;

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 1:1-20,Leviticus 6-7
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 14:11-21,Genesis 45
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Feb 15, 2015
Authority Over Devil - Sunday, February 15th

Pastor Chris

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues (Mark 16:17). The day you were born into this world, God assigned an angel to you.

That angel's first responsibility was to protect you, and to see to it that in the process of time, you heard and received the Gospel for your salvation. But as you progress in life, depending on the calling of God upon your life, and the things He's assigned you to do, He allocates more angels to you.

Conversely, Satan also has demons whose primary responsibility is to devour, destroy, deceive and to lure people away from the path of righteousness right from when they're born.

The Bible tells us about the woman who was about to deliver a child - a male child - in the Book of Revelation, and Satan was there waiting to devour the child, right from the time of birth (Revelation 12:4-5).

This wasn't peculiar to that child; God is just showing us Satan's modus operandi. So, just because you're serving the Lord doesn't mean Satan is in good terms with you.

It doesn't make him your friend. That's why you must deal with him. The Lord Jesus shows us just how to deal with Satan; He said to cast him out! Every Christian has the ability and authority in Christ to cast out devils (Mark 16:17).

Therefore, it's not a question of how "strong" or "spiritual" you are; the Lord Jesus has given you His own authority. You have the power of attorney to use His Name against Satan and the cohorts of darkness.

When you say, "Devil, get out of here in the Name of Jesus", he's got no option but to flee. Don't give him the liberty to run things in your life, or in your home or in the lives of your loved ones. Don't give him that chance; shut him up! Cast him out in the Name of Jesus and he'll flee!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for your angels that are working on my behalf, and the authority you've given me in Christ over the devil and the cohorts of darkness. Satan has no place in my home, body, finances or anywhere around me, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 10:8
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. ;

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 1:21-45,Leviticus 8
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 14:22-33,Genesis 46

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Feb 16, 2015
Activating Your Faith! - Monday, February 16th .

Pastor Chris

And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace (Luke 8:48).

Matthew 9:27 tells us of two blind men that followed Jesus crying, "...Thou Son of David, have mercy on us". He asked them: "Do you believe I'm able to do this?". They answered affirmatively, and He touched them and their eyes opened. Their faith-response connected them with their healing.

Believing is from, and with the heart (Romans 10:10). You don't believe with your brain or with your mind; you believe with your spirit. When you believe with your spirit and respond according to your believing, your faith produces results. In Luke 8:43-44, the Bible tells us of the story of a woman who had suffered an issue of blood for twelve years and how she received her healing just by touching the border of Jesus' garment. This was no ordinary touch, because the Lord felt the impact of it, so much so, that He asked, "Who touched me?"

The woman, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before the Master and told Him what happened. The Lord then said to her, "...Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace" (Luke 4:48). The Master identified her faith as what made her whole. It was her faith that touched Jesus and connected her to her healing. It was a spiritual touch. She saw the Lord Jesus beyond the physical man; she saw Him as the Son of God, and touched Him with her spirit. Faith is of the spirit.

Your faith is what makes the connection. The woman with the issue of blood, when she had heard of Jesus, said to herself, "...If I may but touch hi garment, I shall be whole". She believed, confessed her believing, and went for her miracle. You can do the same!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity to study your Word, and increase my faith. As I put my faith to work, I experience an endless stream of the miraculous from day to day, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ;

Romans 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 2:1-22,Leviticus 9-10
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 14:34-15:1-9,Genesis 47
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On Feb 17, 2015
Obtain Forgiveness - Tuesday, February 17th .

Pastor Chris

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

The Bible tells us in Ephesians 1:3 that God has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ. Forgiveness is one of these blessings that we've been given in Christ Jesus. God already made forgiveness available to you; what He wants you to do is to obtain forgiveness when you need it; just receive it. This is different from asking God for forgiveness of sin. You don't need to keep asking for forgiveness over and again for the same offence; receive His forgiveness as an act of your faith.

The Greek word translated "forgiveness" is "Aphiemi", which means to let go or have freedom. So, the Father's focus is your freedom from sin. By that, I don't mean freedom from the bondage of sin, but freedom from sinning. You were already removed from under the bondage of sin and darkness into the Kingdom of God's Son when you were born again. You've been declared not guilty, acquitted, and free.

Acts 26:17-18 gives us further insight into God's idea about forgiveness. There, the Lord gave Apostle Paul a message for the Gentiles, to open their eyes, "...and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me". Notice the underlined word, "receive"; it derives from the Greek word, "lambano", which means, "to take possession of"; to take something and make it yours.

Just as you don't need to ask for your inheritance in Christ, because it's already yours, forgiveness has also been provided for you in the Gospel. The same way you receive an inheritance is how you receive forgiveness, because the verse we read says, "...that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."

If you did something wrong, instead of wondering what to do and thinking whether or not God has forgiven you, receive ("lambano"wink forgiveness. Say, "Father I acknowledge that what I did is wrong, and I receive forgiveness in the Name of Jesus".

Prayer...
Father, I thank you for the blood of Jesus that speaks my salvation and total deliverance from sin. I rejoice because I know sin shall not have dominion over me, because Christ Jesus died for me, and was raised back to life for my justification, thereby absolving me of every guilt and judgment of sin both now and forever, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. ;

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 2:23-3:1-12,Leviticus 11-12
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 15:10-20,Genesis 48

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Paulek(m): 6:27am On Feb 17, 2015
ROR

OBTAIN FORGIVENESS

Tuesday, Feb 17th....Pastor Chris

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness
(1 John 1:9).

The Bible tells us in Ephesians 1:3 that God has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ. Forgiveness is one of these blessings that we've been given in Christ Jesus. God already made forgiveness available to you; what He wants you to do is to obtain forgiveness when you need it; just receive it. This is different from asking God for forgiveness of sin. You don't need to keep asking for forgiveness over and again for the same offence; receive His forgiveness as an act of your faith.

The Greek word translated "forgiveness" is "Aphiemi", which means to let go or have
freedom. So, the Father's focus is your freedom from sin. By that, I don't mean freedom from the bondage of sin, but freedom from sinning. You were already removed from under the bondage of sin and darkness into the Kingdom of God's Son when you were born
again. You've been declared not guilty, acquitted, and free.

Acts 26:17-18 gives us further insight into God's idea about forgiveness. There, the Lord gave Apostle Paul a message for the Gentiles, to open their eyes, "...and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me".Notice the underlined word, "receive"; it derives from the Greek word, "lambano", which means, "to take possession of"; to take something and make it yours.

Just as you don't need to ask for your inheritance in Christ, because it's already yours, forgiveness has also been provided for you in the Gospel. The same way you receive an inheritance is how you receive forgiveness, because the verse we read says, "...that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."If you did something wrong, instead of wondering what to do and thinking whether or not God has forgiven you, receive ("lambano"wink forgiveness. Say, "Father I acknowledge that what I did is wrong, and I receive forgiveness in the Name of Jesus".

PRAYER
Father, I thank you for the blood of Jesus that speaks my salvation and total deliverance
from sin. I rejoice because I know sin shall not have dominion over me, because Christ Jesus died for me, and was raised back to life for my justification,thereby absolving me of every guilt and judgment of sin both now and forever, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Mark 2:23-3:1-12
Leviticus 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Matthew 15:10-20
Genesis 48.
Good morning!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Paulek(m): 8:31am On Feb 17, 2015
***A LIST OF LINKS TO THE UPLOADED FREE SHORT AUDIO MESSAGES BY PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME IN THE MONTH OF FOCUS***

Here are some of the links to the free downloadable short audio messages to help your focus this month.

* Episode 1
LINK: http:///pclpodcast_Episode1

* Episode 2
LINK: http:///1z79ozv

* Episode 3
LINK: http:///1K4KNE1

* Episode 4
LINK: http:///169ms0M

* Episode 5
LINK: http:///1CTqMOh

* Episode 6
LINK: http:///18ImNcp

* Episode 7
LINK: http://cehs.ch/de4Oo

* Episode 8
LINK: http:///pcl_feb_episode_8

* Episode 9
LINK: http:///pcl_feb_episode_9

* Episode 10
LINK: http:///pcl_feb_episode_10

EXTRACT FROM: www.yookos.com/pastorchrislive
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2015
thanks Buddy
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Paulek(m): 1:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:09am On Feb 18, 2015
Peculiar, Supernatural, And Extraordinary! - Wednesday, February 18th .

Pastor Chris

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17).

Being born again, you're a new creation in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17), having the life and nature of God in your spirit. See His description of you in 1 Peter 2:9: "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light". You're peculiar, chosen, royal, supernatural, and one of a kind! See yourself in this light.

The Word of God is God's mirror, which He gave to you, so you can look and see who you really are. For example, in His prayer to the Father, Jesus said "...the glory which thou gavest me I have given them...(John 17:22); that's God holding up His mirror for you to see that you're a partaker of His glory. You've been glorified with Jesus.

Ponder again on His description of you in 1 Peter 2:9: "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light". You're chosen, royal and peculiar; you're unique and special. You're the most celebrated of all God's creation; you're born of His Word; and full of the Holy Ghost. He chose you to be the one to show forth His praises and manifest His glory in the earth. What a calling!

When the Lord Jesus walked this earth, even though He laid aside His glory, He walked gloriously. He lived and manifested the supernatural. He walked on water, talked to the wind and the waves, unstopped deaf ears, opened blind eyes, healed lame legs, restored maimed limbs, and even raised the dead. He was extraordinary. He did all that He did to let us know that we have the same ability within us to function likewise.

The same Holy Spirit that was the power and essence of Jesus lives in you today. That means you can think, talk, walk, and act like Jesus. What a life!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that has lifted and placed me on a pedestal beyond the ordinary. I acknowledge my special place in Christ and declare that my life is a manifestation of your glory even as I live and walk in the supernatural today, and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Peter 2:9 AMP
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. ;

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 3:13-35,Leviticus 13-14
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 15:21-28,Genesis 49
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:26am On Feb 19, 2015
Full Of Wisdom - Thursday, February 19th .

That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption. (1 Corinthians 1:29-30).

Just as Christ is your life (Colossians 3:4), and also your righteousness, sanctification, and riddance (redemption), He's also your wisdom. Christ being your wisdom means you're the embodiment of all wisdom and knowledge, for the Bible says in Him are deposited all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:3), and He lives in you.

There're people who are always miles apart from wisdom; when they talk or act, wisdom is never seen or heard. They have the wrong mindset, and therefore reason foolishly, because wisdom eludes them; but that's not you. Christ has been made unto you wisdom. Your role is to respond to God's Word by declaring, "Christ is my wisdom; I'm excellent, and I do excellent things". Someone may hear you talk that way and think you're proud and boastful, but you're not; rather, you're establishing the truth about who you are in Christ.

You don't get wisdom in the classroom or laboratory; it's not in age either; it comes from God; true wisdom is of the Spirit. Being in Christ and Christ in you, you have access to divine wisdom. Therefore, that controlling force to always be in the center of God's will, and have insight into the realities of the Kingdom is at work in your life. That force of wisdom controls your thoughts and actions and causes everything you do to turn out excellently.

Recognize and acknowledge that you're full of the wisdom of God. Now and again, consciously declare that the wisdom of God in your heart and in your mouth is seen and heard.

Confession...
Christ is my wisdom; therefore, I have an excellent spirit. I think differently, because God's Word has moulded my thinking and given me the mindset of the righteous. Divine wisdom is heard in my words, and seen in my actions today! I function in God's perfect will and have insight into the realities of the Kingdom. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 2:12-13
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. ;

James 3:13
Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 4:1-20,Leviticus 15
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 15:29-39,Genesis 50
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:41am On Feb 20, 2015
Understanding Spiritual Mysteries - God's Will For You! - Friday, February 20th .

Pastor Chris

And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given (Matthew 13:10-11).

Just like the disciples, whom the Master was addressing in our opening scripture, you also have been granted the ability to know and understand spiritual mysteries. In Ephesians 1:17-18, Paul prayed, "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints". This, however, should no longer be just a prayer for you, respond to it and appropriate it into your life; because that's the will of God for you.

God wants you to have insight into mysteries and secrets, with your spirit flooded with a light to see and apprehend your heritage, and identity in Christ. So, you say, "I've been given the spirit of wisdom and revelation, in the knowledge of God; the eyes of my understanding are enlightened; therefore, I know the hope of my calling; spiritual realities are unveiled to me! I know who I am, and all that belongs to me in Christ". It's important to respond to the Word this way because faith is the response of the human spirit to the Word of God.

Psalm 25:14 lets us know that the secret of the LORD is with them that reverence Him. He unveils His will to them. When you have the holy fear of God, and honour Him in your life, He will give you revelations of His Word, and would make Himself known to you in a special way. The words of Jesus further amplify this in John 14:21: "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him".

Prayer...
I have the ability to know and understand the mysteries of the Kingdom, because the Lord has enlightened my spirit; therefore, I walk in the light, and manifest the same to my world! Thank you Lord, for being my light, and also making me the light of the world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. ;

John 14: 26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. ;

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 4:21-41,Leviticus 16-18
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 16:1-12,Exodus 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:38am On Feb 21, 2015
Christ...Our Home - Saturday, February 21st .

Pastor Chris

For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his (Hebrews 4:10).

One day, some of the disciples of John the Baptist came to Jesus and were surprised to see that He had a house, unlike John the Baptist, who often lived in the wilderness, eating locusts and wild honey. These disciples of John stayed with Jesus throughout the day, asking questions about the Kingdom and having Jesus answer their questions. When it was nighttime, rather than go back to John, they stayed with Jesus.

You'd have thought they'd return to John the next day, but no; they continued with Jesus and became His disciples; why? They had come home. That was what their soul had been searching for. Christ is our home. To be in Christ is to find rest for your soul; He's your peaceful habitation.

Our opening verse says, "For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his" (Hebrews 4:10). Christ is the real deal; He's God Himself. It doesn't get better than that. He's a person and He's also a place - our place in God. To be a Christian means you've come into Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17 talks about being in Christ: "...if any man be in Christ..."; that's the place! You came home, into Christ, when you were born again. No wonder the Bible says in Him we live (Acts 17:28).

Ephesians 2:6 tells us that God has made us sit together in heavenly places, "in Christ"; that's your home; that's your environment; that's your place! So when you say, "I'm in Christ", it means you're at home. This is Christianity; you've been immersed into Christ. What a place; what a home - where there's no sin, sickness, disease, failure, poverty, defeat, weakness or death! Rather, all you have is health, joy, peace, success, strength, prosperity, beauty, and life forevermore!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me to sit together in heavenly places in Christ! Not only does Christ live in me, He's also my home, and the environment from which I function. Christ is my glory, my health, wealth, wisdom, righteousness, and my all! In Him I live, and move, and have my being.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 1:30
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: ;

Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. ;

Colossians 1:26-27
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 5:1-20,Leviticus 19-21
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 16:13-20,Exodus 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:58am On Feb 22, 2015
The Church: Stronger, Bigger, And More Effective! - Sunday, February 22nd .

Pastor Chris

And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder (Matthew 21:44).

The Church of Jesus Christ is the ground and pillar of truth (1 Timothy 3:15). However, there're those who have set themselves as enemies of the Church. Some have vowed that by the time they are through with Christianity, nobody will remember it existed. In Psalm 2:4, the Bible shows us that "He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision". Such misled folks are not alone in their derision; many have made such empty threats before, but God's Word and His work outlived them, and will yet outlive anyone who stands in its path.

We're in the biggest and greatest union that the world has ever seen; we're in the greatest team ever. We aren't in something that's irrelevant and weak, and fading away; the Church of Jesus Christ is stronger, bigger and more effective today, than any time in history. This is the reality. We're seeing greater miracles today than any time in the history of the Church. Haggai 2:9 says, "The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former...." That's His Word, and so it's got to be, and that's what's going on all around the world.

The Church is stronger than ever before, and we give the credit to the Holy Spirit, whose influence, power, impact and work is evident in the body of Christ today more than ever. Those who keep whipping the Church, saying that the Church today is void of power and in a backslidden state, are not in touch with reality; they're not seeing rightly.

Jesus prayed the Father to send the Holy Spirit. Then He (Jesus) ascended to heaven, and the Holy Spirit has been with us ever since, building the Church. He's in charge of the Church today; He's the Lord of the harvest. It'll therefore be out of place for anyone to say or suggest that the Church is failing in the hands of the Holy Spirit, when in reality, we're making the greatest impact for the Lord in our day. Glory to His Name forever!

Confession...
I belong to the church of the living God, the ground and pillar of truth, where I'm taught the Word, equipped, trained, nurtured, built, and edified in wisdom and righteousness! Thank you Father, for your power and glory in the Church, and your work of righteousness that's being spread and established all over the earth, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 4:11-13
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: ;

Luke 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. ;

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 5:21-43,Leviticus 22-23
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 16:21-28,Exodus 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:24am On Feb 24, 2015
Have No Consciousness Of Need - Tuesday, February 24th .

Pastor Chris

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue
(2 Peter 1:3).

As you study the scriptures, and grow in the knowledge of God’s Word, you’d discover that everything you could ever want has been provided in the Word. What God wants isn’t for us to use prayer as an avenue to ask Him for the things we need; rather, the purpose of prayer is our fellowship with Him. That’s what He seeks.

1 Corinthians 1:9 says, “God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.” You’ve been called unto the fellowship of Jesus Christ. That means you’ve been brought into oneness, a partnership or family union with Jesus Christ. If this is true, what in the world could you ever be in need of? Every good thing you could ever want in your life, or have enough sense to ask for is wrapped up in Christ. To have Christ is to have everything.

Our opening scripture says He’s already given you all things that pertain to life and godliness. Your approach to the Word of God should be, “If God says it, then my response is ‘YES’. If He says I have all things in Christ, then it means all things are mine; no need to ask for anything because all
my needs have been provided in Christ.” Let this be the way you think. Jesus had no consciousness of need; follow His example.

Confession...
I have no consciousness of need,
because Christ is in me, and He’s my all! With Him, I have everything. My life is one of ever-increasing glory as I live in, and by, the Word, and constantly fellowship with the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

1 Corinthians 3:21
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours

Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 6:30-56, Leviticus 25
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 17:14-21 Exodus 5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by singlealone: 9:45am On Feb 25, 2015
Your Inheritance In Him .
Wednesday, February 25th .
Pastor Chris
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).
The Word of God is able to deliver an inheritance to you. This is why study and meditation on the Word is of utmost importance to the believer. Colossians 1:12-13 says, "Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son".
God has qualified you to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light, so you see, there's an inheritance for you in Christ Jesus. You couldn't qualify for it by yourself, but He qualified you by Christ Jesus, for a glorious heritage. Something else to note is that He delivered you from the power of darkness, and translated you into the Kingdom of His dear Son.
Darkness represents evil powers, demons, devils and their works. But He delivered you from them all; He didn't say it'll happen if you prayed hard enough; He's already done it. All He expects of you is to respond to His Word, and walk in the blessings of all He's done for you in Christ.
The Bible says through knowledge - revelation knowledge - shall the just be delivered into their inheritance (Proverbs 11:9). As you study and meditate on the Word, not only will you discover your inheritance in Christ, you'll also be able to relate with, and enjoy, all that God has made available to you in Him. Live in your inheritance in Christ. Celebrate it.
Celebrating your inheritance and all that Christ has done for you is one way of silencing the devil. As you give thanks to God for the things He's done for you in Christ Jesus: your salvation, divine health, prosperity, peace, and His life in you, you're celebrating your inheritance in Him.
CONFESSION
I'm a child of God, and a joint heir with Christ. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places, and I have a goodly heritage. I'm conscious of my glorious heritage in Christ, and through meditation on the Word, and fellowship with the Spirit, I get to know more and enjoy my inheritance in Christ. Halleluiah!
Further Study: Psalm 16:5-6 NIV LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. 6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. ;
Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 7:1-23,
Leviticus 26-27
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 17:22-27,
Exodus 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:42am On Feb 26, 2015

A Necessity For Spiritual Growth - Thursday, February 26th .

Pastor Chris

That we henceforth be no more children...But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ (Ephesians 4:14-15).

As a Christian, something very important you need to understand is that Jesus Christ is not only alive today, but He's also with us through the Holy Spirit, and cares affectionately for us. Moreover, He wants us to take His message to the ends of the earth. That's what our life is about: taking His message to those who are yet to know Him. We're a light to a world in darkness. However, in our journey of winning souls and changing lives, there's a necessity for spiritual growth; we must keep growing in the Word, and consciously enhance our fellowship with the Holy Spirit.

It's not enough to be born again; there's so much more in God to enjoy. How much liberty of the Spirit that you'll enjoy depends on the spiritual knowledge of God's Word that you have. His blessings that you'll enjoy in your life depend on the knowledge of Him that you have in your spirit. The less knowledge you have, the less blessings and joy of the Spirit that will flow through you.

This is important because the knowledge of God's Word is what puts you over in life. The Bible says through knowledge shall the just be delivered, not just from trouble, but also into their inheritance (Proverbs 11:9). Through the knowledge of God's Word, you're able to exercise dominion and control over circumstances.

In addition, through the growth that you experience by being in fellowship with the Holy Spirit, you're constantly being lifted over and above the corrupting influences of this world. When men are cast down because of their experiences, you have another message: There's lifting up (Job 22:29)!

Never allow the challenges you face overwhelm you. Whatever challenges you might be facing today are what you've been built, prepared and fashioned for. None of us is given more than he or she can handle: "...God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able..." (1 Corinthians 10:13). Rather than focus on the trouble, act on the Word, and you'll surely have a testimony.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the life of splendour, grace, prosperity, and greatness you've brought me into. I'm excelling and making progress on every side, and my faith is prevailing over circumstances, as I walk in the fullness of your blessings, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 5:12-14 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. ;

1 Peter 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 7:23-8:1-13,Numbers 1-2
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 18:1-11,Exodus 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:36am On Feb 27, 2015
Speak Life! - Friday, February 27th .

Pastor Chris

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof (Proverbs 18:21).

God spoke creation into being through words. When He said, "Let there be light", light came into being (Genesis 1:3). Most of Genesis chapter one is about God speaking creation into being. Have you ever wondered why God had to "talk" to bring forth these things instead of making them? It's because by talking, you create a sound code. Speech creates sound waves, and the original source material for creation is sound, because that's the energy produced by words.

Sound code therefore, is the instruction, meaning, account, or information embedded in a sound wave. Sometime ago, a scientist performed an experiment to ascertain the effect of words on water. He had water in different jars and would talk to the different containers of water. After a long while, each of them formed crystals. The ones he talked nicely to formed beautiful crystals. He spoke words of love: "You're wonderful; you're beautiful; you're full of love"; and beautiful crystals resulted.

However, the jars he spoke harshly to, saying, "You're ugly, terrible, bad; I hate you", formed very poor, ugly-looking crystals; deformed crystals. What then is the moral behind this? The human body is seventy per cent water. That means more than two-thirds of your physical body is water. Therefore, speaking negative words to yourself results in the deformity of the water crystals in your body; deformed crystals resulting from deformed minds. Many have talked themselves to death without knowing it.

Refuse to speak negatively or ugly about yourself; many think it's "fashionable" to do so, and that's sad. They pick lots of negative communication from their environment, workplace, neighborhood, etc., and take them home. Like some who, referring to their job, will say, "This thing is killing me"; or the mother who keeps saying, "These children are killing me", and thinks it doesn't matter; it does! They're destroying the water crystals in their bodies, because those crystals respond to words.

Speak life to your body, your environment, family, and to your world!

Confession...
The Word of God has produced life in me; I'm a testimony of the grace and glory of God as a result of the impact of the Word in my life. I'm walking in righteousness, victory, prosperity, health, success and greatness. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
James 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body. ;

Proverbs 15:4
A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit. ;

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 8:14-26,Numbers 3-4
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 18:12-20,Exodus 8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:09am On Feb 28, 2015
You Must First Be Righteous To Live Right! - Saturday, February 28th . 

Pastor Chris 

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness (Romans 4:3). 

Some Christians haven't quite understood the concept of righteousness. They still look at the righteousness of God from its result, rather than its source. As Christians, we received righteousness as a gift: "...they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:17). Right living is the result of righteousness; right living isn't righteousness. 

There're many who think that if they could live right, then they'll be made the righteousness of God. It's not so. You'd have to first believe in Jesus Christ, and have the gift of righteousness imparted to your spirit before you'd be able to live right. You could never be righteous by living right. How could you live out what you don't have? 

It's like expecting someone who isn't born again to walk in love; that's not going to work. Two things you can't do until you have Christ in you: first, you can't walk in love; secondly, you can't live right. You must have Christ, whom the Bible says is made unto us righteousness (1 Corinthians 1:30), to live right. Until you're righteous, God doesn't expect you to produce righteousness; He'll be remiss to ask you to do what you couldn't do. 

That's the reason He imparts righteousness to you as a gift, knowing that once you become righteous, you can live righteously; your life becomes the manifestation of His goodness, glory, grace and love. All of these and other divine attributes will be evident in your life as you live out the Word. 

Confession...

I'm the manifestation and expression of God's righteousness; the proof of His equity, glory and grace! I'm excited about my new life in Christ: a life of dominion, love, excellence and power through righteousness. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. ;

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 8:27-38-9:1-13, Numbers 5-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 18:21-35,  Exodus 9.

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Vicdedean(m): 7:25am On Feb 28, 2015
mabell:
PASTOR CHRIS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5TH

SEE WITH YOUR “FAITH-EYE’’[i][/i][color=#770077][/color]
Things that are seen don’t last forever, but things that are not seen are eternal. That’s why we keep our minds on things that are not seen. (2nd Corinthians 4:8 cev).
As Christians we achieve our success, victory, prosperity and progress in life by activating certain spiritual principles that we find in God’s word. One of such principles is seeing the unseen. This means seeing with your faith eye, seeing your miracle first from inside you- your heart.
Before the physical manifestation of the glory and supernatural power of God in your life, you must see it first within you. Once you can see it inside your spirit- with the eyes of faith- then that thing is already yours. You can never have it on the outside if you don’t have it first within. That’s where some have missed it. They want to see first with their physical eyes before calling real that which God has promised. That’s not faith. Faith is calling real that which the physical senses can’t perceive.
For instance, it’d be wrong for anyone to say of a pregnant woman; “I can’t see her baby so there is nothing in her womb” the fact is the baby is there even though no one is seeing it. Even before her belly got big the baby was there already. The belly only got big because the baby inside grew bigger. At the end of the gestation period, the baby will be born.
In the same way, that miracle you are pregnant with- that blessing you’ve already seen and take possession of in the spirit-will manifest if you refuse to vacillate or waver in your faith.
With your eyes of faith, see the new job you desire; see your prosperity, health, grace, peace progress, success, deliverance and the salvation of your family and friends. Begin to proclaim with your mouth that which you have already seen within you, not so they will come to pass, but because you know that in the faith realm, they already exist.

CONFESSION
I thank you father for helping me see my success, wisdom, health, wealth, progress, promotion and every good thing I require to live the good, glorious and victorious life you’ve called me into.
FURTHER STUDY
Hebrews 11:1AMP, John 20:29
Gombs:
You Must First Be Righteous To Live Right! - Saturday, February 28th . 
Pastor Chris 
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness (Romans 4:3). 
Some Christians haven't quite understood the concept of righteousness. They still look at the righteousness of God from its result, rather than its source. As Christians, we received righteousness as a gift: "...they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:17). Right living is the result of righteousness; right living isn't righteousness. 
There're many who think that if they could live right, then they'll be made the righteousness of God. It's not so. You'd have to first believe in Jesus Christ, and have the gift of righteousness imparted to your spirit before you'd be able to live right. You could never be righteous by living right. How could you live out what you don't have? 
It's like expecting someone who isn't born again to walk in love; that's not going to work. Two things you can't do until you have Christ in you: first, you can't walk in love; secondly, you can't live right. You must have Christ, whom the Bible says is made unto us righteousness (1 Corinthians 1:30), to live right. Until you're righteous, God doesn't expect you to produce righteousness; He'll be remiss to ask you to do what you couldn't do. 
That's the reason He imparts righteousness to you as a gift, knowing that once you become righteous, you can live righteously; your life becomes the manifestation of His goodness, glory, grace and love. All of these and other divine attributes will be evident in your life as you live out the Word. 
Confession...
I'm the manifestation and expression of God's righteousness; the proof of His equity, glory and grace! I'm excited about my new life in Christ: a life of dominion, love, excellence and power through righteousness. Halleluiah!
Further Study:
Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. ;
Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Daily Scripture Reading 
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 8:27-38-9:1-13, Numbers 5-6
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 18:21-35,  Exodus 9.

Thanks man! Keep it coming. You are very consistent my guy
However the thread look complicated as I have to search it somehow by quoting it. Why is it so?. Sure I love to be your friend though.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2015
Vicdedean:

Thanks man! Keep it coming. You are very consistent my guy
However the thread look complicated as I have to search it somehow by quoting it. Why is it so?. Sure I love to be your friend though.

I don't understand. you can mail me by my signature. thanks alot
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Mar 01, 2015
Strengthened for Kingdom Work - Sunday, March 1st

Pastor Chris

Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power (1 Corinthians 15:24).

The Lord Jesus called us to establish His Kingdom in the earth. He’s setting up His Kingdom in this earth, and after He’s set it up, and ruled and reigned in this earth, there’ll come the judgment of the Great White Throne where He’ll sit and judge everyone that ever came to this world. The Bible says we’ll sit with Him on thrones to judge the nations of the world; but before that happens, you’re going to have to do what He’s called you to do.

The reason you’re in this world is to establish His Kingdom of righteousness in this earth. There’s a job for you here; it’s leading men and women into righteousness. This is something you must be passionate about. There’s no Christian who’s excluded from this; none of us is called to lazy through life. We’re an army, God’s army, enlisted into the ministry of reconciliation: “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation” (2 Corinthians 5:19).

The army is a profession of discipline and toughness. A soldier in service doesn’t live like civilians do; he’s got a regimented lifestyle. He endures tough, physical and mental training, and he’s always battle-ready. The body of Christ is an army! There’re no sissies in God’s army; you must be strong and tough for the job at hand. When it’s time to pray and you’re required to stand, stand up and pray! If you’re required to kneel, kneel!

As a soldier in God’s army, you’re called to a life of spiritual discipline, to become tough for the Kingdom! Soul-winning, for you, is non-negotiable, because that’s your lifestyle. Be fervent and zealous about the things of God; be involved in establishing His Kingdom in the earth; be fervent in soul-winning. He has strengthened you for this purpose.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege of being a participator in the establishment of your Kingdom in the earth. Your Spirit is at work in me, causing me to dispense your righteousness and love! My life is an absolute manifestation of your glory! As Christ reigns as King over all the earth, I reign with Him, in establishing His Kingdom in the earth, and in the hearts of men, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 3:9
For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

2 Timothy 2:4
NIV No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Mark 9:14-32 Numbers 7-8
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Matthew 19:1-12 Exodus 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:12am On Mar 02, 2015
Celebrate The Success Of Others - Monday , 2nd March.

Pastor Chris

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves (Philippians 2:3).

There’re people who, instead of seeing the positive side of others and learning from them, get into worthless competition. The news of someone else’s success not only upsets and triggers in them a competitive spirit, they also feel “dwarfed” by them. This ought not to be so.

The success of another person doesn’t mean that you’re failing; therefore, rejoice and celebrate them. Be filled with love. Never find yourself in unhealthy competition with others. If you were starting a business, for example, don’t let it be because you want to compete with somebody else; don’t strive or fight with others; let God lead you. If you’d commit your work to Him and trust Him, He’d cause you to succeed. He’s already established you on the Rock, and that Rock is Christ; therefore, you have nothing to fear.

Moreover, success is relative, and there’re different phases and levels of success. Your success can only be measured according to the vision and target that God has given you. If you’re about a God-given endeavour, then He alone can judge how successful you are. Between you and God, you can decide whether or not you’re successful, because it’s based on what you’re told to do. What He told you to do may not be what He told someone else; so there’s no need to compare yourself with others, or rate yourself on the basis of their success or failure.

Therefore, in all you do, let your motives be right and be void of selfishness. When you hear of other people’s successes, never allow the self-pitying or “why-not-me” attitude. Rejoice. Refuse to compare yourself with anyone. Remember, you’re unique before the Lord!

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you for your love, which is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit. I extend this undiluted love to everyone around me, showing sincere concern about their challenges, and expressing true joy and happiness for their successes. Envy, jealousy, and pride have no place in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Genesis 4:4-7 GNB
Then Abel brought the first lamb born to one of his sheep, killed it, and gave the best parts of it as an offering. The Lord was pleased with Abel and his offering, but he rejected Cain and his offering. Cain became furious, and he scowled in anger. Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why that scowl on your face? If you had done the right thing, you would be smiling; but because you have done evil, sin is crouching at your door. It wants to rule you, but you must overcome it.”

1 Corinthians 13:4 AMP
Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Mark 9:33-50 Numbers 9-10
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Matthew 19:13-22 Exodus 11
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:54am On Mar 03, 2015
Christ: The Secret Place . -
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty (Psalm 91:1).

Due to the rate and extent of evil, and wickedness in today's world, many have become afraid, asking, "Does God still care? Can we trust Him to take care of us? Is He close enough to do something?" Emphatically yes! Actually, He doesn't need to do anything anymore; He's already done all that's necessary for your safety and protection.

The Bible says He has raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:6). The one who should be bothered about the problems and evil in the world is the one who isn't in Christ. Christ is our security, peace, safety and protection; He's our dwelling place. Our opening verse is very emphatic about this; it says, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."

To dwell in the secret place of the Most High is to dwell in Christ; meaning He's your habitation. Anyone who dwells in that "secret place" abides under the shadow of the Almighty; that means he's under the protection of the Almighty.

In the New Testament, Apostle Paul puts it this way: "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation..." (2 Corinthians 5:17). Christ is that dwelling place; because you're in Christ, you are, and will always be, safe. Psalm 91:8-9 says, "Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation."

As a child of God, you have no reason to be afraid of terror. The Lord, the Most High, is your habitation! The Bible says, "Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day" (Psalm 91:5). You're in Christ; therefore, you're supernaturally protected! You abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Confession...
Christ is my dwelling place, and my trust is in the Lord! Therefore, as the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so am I completely shielded from every form of evil in the world. No harm shall befall me, neither shall any plague come near my dwelling, because my life is hid with Christ in God! Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Isaiah 43:1-2
But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. 2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 10:1-31,Numbers 11-1
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 19:23-30,Exodus 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Mar 04, 2015

He's Your Refuge... Declare It! - Wednesday, March 4th .

Pastor Chris

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust (Psalm 91:2).

Often times, we think about things that happen around us, like when something unpleasant happens to people we consider to be very "good" people, and we say, "If that happened to so-and-so, what about me? That fellow was better than I am!" Well, you have to understand that it's got nothing to do with who's better than whom. It's got to do with our walk with God; our faith in His Word. It's about confession.

Our opening scripture conveys the anointed words of the psalmist, David. He said, "I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust." This was David's confession. It's got to become your confession as well. Declare that the Lord is your Refuge and your Fortress, your God, on whom you lean and rely, and in whom you confidently trust! Let this be your confession and contemplation; personalize it!

If your confession is wrong, then things will go wrong. Our confessions rule us; remember that. The Bible says, "Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth" (Proverbs 6:2). Notice it didn't say you're snared by your enemies, or by the wickedness outside. He said you're snared by the words of your mouth.

Keep the word of faith in your mouth always. Hebrews 13:5-6 says, "...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say..." Keep declaring what the Word says about you. He's your refuge, and your strength. Walk through life with confidence and refuse to fear! No matter what you face, or who chooses to plot against you, know that you're divinely protected! Greater is He that's in you, than he that's in the world (1 John 4:4).

Confession...
The Lord is the strength of my life! Even if I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I'll fear no evil, for He's with me; His rod and His staff comfort me. He takes hold of my right hand and says to me, "Do not fear; I will help you." Therefore, I'm strong in Him, and in the power of His might!

Further Study:
Psalm 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. ;

Psalm 94:22
But the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 10:32-52,Numbers 14-15
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 20:1-16,Exodus 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:54am On Mar 05, 2015
Beyond Science And The Senses! - Thursday, March 5th .

Pastor Chris

Now the just shall live by faith...(Hebrews 10:38).

There's more to life than science and all its discoveries. There's a reality in the Word of God that's beyond science and the senses. Science is what man has been able to get from the effective use of his senses; but there're realms beyond the senses.

As new creations in Christ Jesus, we rule the world through faith! We reign over circumstances and dominate the forces of nature by the power of the Spirit and the force of righteousness.

For example, when we "lay our hands" on the sick, terminal sicknesses and diseases dematerialize! Through the power of the spoken Word, we dissolve cancer, open blind eyes, and unstop deaf ears! We're like Jesus Christ, who was an intrusion into the physical realm! When He stepped in, things changed. When He said, "Receive your sight", the man who was born blind began to see. When He said, "Rise up and walk", the lame got up to run.

There's something about the Word of God that's beyond science, nature, and the senses! The Church needs to get a hold of this reality. This is the essence of living by the Word of God. The Word of God was given to us, not only to inform us, and educate us about spiritual realities, but for us to use, and to live the supernatural life. That life is beyond this world. Halleluiah!

Confession...
I live above the economy and the systems of this world, because the greater One lives in me! I'm not subject to the elements of the world, and my life is a testimony of God's greatness. Divine might is at work in me, and my victory in Christ is fully assured. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. ;

Romans 5:17
For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 11:1-26,Numbers 16-17
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 20:17-22,Exodus 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:29am On Mar 06, 2015
Set Your Love On Him - Friday, March 6th .

Pastor Chris

Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name (Psalm 91:14).

Our opening verse unveils God's prophetic utterance and the Psalmist's inspired words. He begins by sharing his testimony of God, from his perspective, and then the Spirit of God takes over, and brings this prophetic utterance from the lips of the Father.

When you read the preceding verses, you'll notice that the Psalmist was the one speaking from his own inspired communication and personal testimony of God. But suddenly, there's a change, a transition into the prophetic utterance; God began to speak and He said, "Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name." Isn't this inspiring? He's talking about God's protection. The question is, "Have you set your love upon Him?"

If you set your love upon the Lord, the result is: He'll deliver you, and set you on high. That means you're forever set up for greatness and limitless possibilities in life. All you need is to set your love upon Him. This is something you've got to do, and then claim the result for yourself. You say, "Because I've set my love upon Him, therefore has He delivered me, and set me on high, because I've known His name!" Make this your confession.

In the fifteenth verse, we find God still talking; He says, "He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him." Why? He says, "Because he hath set his love upon me." For the one who has set his love upon the Lord, God doesn't only deliver him, He also honours him. If you already have your hands up in praise to Him, read the sixteenth verse and you'll dance for joy. It says, "With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation" (Psalm 91:16).

These and more are the blessings you'd experience when you set your love on the Lord; when you channel your emotions towards Him and make Him the personality of your deepest affection.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for keeping me in permanent safety, and for the life of greatness you've brought me into! You're my strength, my glory, and my salvation, and I love you with all my heart! Thank you, for your infinite kindness, grace and mercy that I experience today, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 84:11 GNB
The LORD is our protector and glorious king, blessing us with kindness and honor. He does not refuse any good thing to those who do what is right. ;

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. ;

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 11:27-33-12:1-17,Numbers 18-19
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 20:24-34,Exodus 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:44am On Mar 07, 2015
Supernatural Protection - Saturday, March 7th

Pastor Chris

There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways (Psalm 91:10-11).

From our opening scripture, and some of his other writings, we see that the Psalmist, David, was supernaturally protected in his day. The Lord took care of him. He was protected from all his enemies, and from all evil. It’s the same with you today. Psalm 91:10 says, “There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.” Halleluiah!

Meditate on the eleventh verse again for a moment; it declares, “For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.” This means that the angels are under instruction to attend to you! The next verse is remarkable: “They shall bear thee up in their hands....” You may not “feel” that they’re there, but the Lord says they are; He lets you know how close they are, and how they take care of you: “...lest thou dash thy foot against a stone....” It’s that detailed. They’re so close, and they’re tending to the details of your life, providing supernatural protection!

You may say, “But this hasn’t been my experience!” Perhaps, it’s because you haven’t been conscious of it enough to make it your confession. You need to have the consciousness that you’re divinely protected, and speak accordingly. The Word says, “There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways” (Psalm 91:10-11).

God wants you to know that in spite of the destruction ravaging the world, you’re supernaturally protected: “Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence” (Psalm 91:3). This is a sovereign declaration of the Almighty God! He rescues you from every trap and protects you from the futile plague. Never forget it: you’re supernaturally protected, and will walk over danger, because the Lord is your keeper!

Prayer...
Blessed Lord, you’re my keeper, my rock, my shield, high tower, and Saviour! You preserve my spirit and soul and body from all evil; you faithfully strengthen and protect me from the adversary, because you’re my refuge! Today, and always, I walk in supernatural protection, guided by your Spirit in wisdom and righteousness to do your will, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Psalm 34:7
The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

Proverbs 3:25-26
Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. 26 For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Mark 12:18-44 Numbers 20-21
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Matthew 21:1-11 Exodus 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:59am On Mar 08, 2015
"A Tree Can Make A Forest!" - Sunday, March 8th .

Pastor Chris

Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest (Isaiah 32:15).

It's often been said that "A tree cannot make a forest", but the Word of God teaches otherwise. As Christians, we're trees of righteousness, and every tree can become a forest, through the anointing! God has anointed you, and everything you put your hands upon to do is ordained to prosper. You're not an ordinary person; you're filled with the Holy Spirit. There's an anointing on your life for growth, increase and expansion.

As trees of righteousness, we bear fruits of righteousness. You've been established in Zion to be fruitful and productive in every good work; ordained to radiate the glory of God. The Bible says concerning the righteous, "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper" (Psalm 1:3). In other words, whatsoever you do multiplies; as a tree, God's will is for you to be a forest!

The potential is in you to become a forest. And the Holy Ghost is the One who enables you to do more! He's the One that can turn your wilderness into a fruitful field. Your testimony, henceforth, will be that of increase, expansion, and productivity, irrespective and independent of circumstances.

Already, you're a fruitful field; but I want you to notice what the opening verse says again: "the fruitful field will be counted for a forest." In the field, there're trees and there're grasses, but you're a tree - a tree of righteousness, planted by God. When you, as a tree of righteousness, produce other trees of righteousness, we have a fruitful field. And by the Holy Spirit, as we all continue to multiply, the fruitful fields become forests.

This is what we do as we preach the Gospel, and lead men and women into righteousness; we're making them trees of righteousness, who, in turn, produce other trees of righteousness.

Prayer...
Dear Father, your Spirit is at work in me mightily, causing me to be more effective in my works of righteousness! I'm a tree of righteousness, producing other trees of righteousness. I'm empowered to do things beyond the ordinary, and I'm accomplishing great feats by the Spirit, and through the power of your Word, to the glory of your Name, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Zechariah 10:1
Ask ye of the Lord rain in the time of the latter rain; so the Lord shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field. ;

2 Corinthians 6:1
We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 13:1-37,Numbers 22-23
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 21:12-17,Exodus 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:05am On Mar 09, 2015
Train Your Spirit To Recognize His Voice - Monday, March 9th .

Pastor Chris

Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place. And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth (1 Samuel 3:9-10).

Our opening scripture tells us about the boy, Samuel, who, on three different occasions, was called by God, but he ran to Eli the priest, and said, "You called me, Sir." And Eli said, "I didn't call you." Now, understand that this young man, Samuel, was no fool; if the voice he heard didn't sound like Eli's, he wouldn't have gone to Eli three times consecutively.

This still happens with many of God's children today. God's voice sometimes would sound to them like a familiar voice. You'd have to be a man or a woman of the Spirit to recognize that voice when it comes to you.

This is where fellowship with the Holy Spirit through the Word and speaking in other tongues, play a key role. I often feel sorry for those who think that praying or speaking in tongues is not for today, or that it's unnecessary; no; it's for every Christian today. The more you speak in tongues, the more your spirit is conditioned and tuned to hear God. Those who don't speak in tongues find it difficult to know when the Lord is talking to them; they don't recognize His voice.

However, the more you train and exercise your spirit through speaking in tongues, the clearer and louder the voice of God will be in your heart. In addition, you must learn to respond to God's Word the right way, and promptly too!

Prayer...
Dear Lord, thank you for the illumination I receive from your Word. My spirit is attuned to you; your voice guides and directs me in all affairs of life. I'm conditioned rightly to know your perfect will and walk therein! My steps are ordered of you, because your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: ;

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:1-26,Numbers 24-26
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 21:18-32,Exodus 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:20am On Mar 10, 2015

We're "Saviours!" - Tuesday, March 10th .

Pastor Chris

And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the Lord’s (Obadiah 1:21).

In our opening verse above, Esau represents the fleshly, carnal people in the house of God. The verse says the spiritual ones shall rise, and they shall judge the mount of Esau. But here's the part that I like: He calls them "saviours". It doesn't say, "A saviour shall come"; it says, "Saviours shall come". We've been saved by Jesus Christ, and have become saviours; He's made us saviours. He sent us to save this world. Blessed be God!

This might sound too big for some religious people to accept; but it's the truth of God's Word; we didn't know until God said so. You were saved to save. Imagine if you've functioned with this mentality all your life! Imagine living every day with the consciousness that you're a saviour; it'll give you a new mindset. You need to be aware that you've come into the Kingdom at such a time as this; God raised you for this moment. This is your hour; this is your time; fulfil your calling!

God has raised you to bless and deliver others. You're called to make the world a better place. Often, there're people who wonder: "Where do I begin?" It's simple. Begin by looking out for a human need, and reaching out to meet that need. Every saviour must do that. To become a success with God, that's where you begin: you look out for a human need, and reach out to meet that need, with the mentality of a saviour and a champion.

Now, there's a difference between being a saviour and being the Messiah. He didn't call us the "Messiah", because there's only one Messiah, Christ Jesus, but we're part of Him. We're members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones (Ephesians 5:30); yet, we recognize who He is: He's the Messiah; He's the Christ. He's made us saviours, representing Him to the nations of the earth. Always be conscious that you're a saviour to the world.

Prayer...
My Lord and precious King, I thank you for the divine illumination your Word brings to my spirit. Yes, you've made me a saviour to my world! I live, conscious of this reality, as a solution provider, an answer to the cry of many, and a faithful dispenser of your goodness and grace, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; ;

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. ;

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:27-52, Numbers 27-28
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 21:33-46, Exodus 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:11am On Mar 11, 2015
Graceful, Loving and Kind! - Wednesday, March 11th .

Pastor Chris

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile (1 Peter 3:10).

Only God's Word defines pride. When you learn and know God's Word, you can tell whether or not you've been proud. So, anybody may call you proud, but they have no parameters for judging pride; only the Word of God can, because pride is a thing of the heart.

However, rudeness is not a thing of the heart. You can be good in your heart, humble in your heart, yet be rude, maybe in your answers and comments about others. You may not mean to be rude, and yet your answers are rude. This is one of the reasons for consciously learning the right language as a child of God. Learning the right communication is part of spiritual growth and self-development. Consciously improve in the way you address others.

Imagine what they said of Jesus, "No man ever spoke like this man" (John 7:46). They were turned on by His words; they were inspired and blessed by His communication. It should be the same testimony of you. Get those around you stirred by the words that come out of you: "...Say nothing evil or hurtful" (1 Peter 3:10 MSG).

Words define your life, value, and personality. The character of your words is the character of your personality. Therefore, let your words be gracious at all time; let your communication be edifying. Some people allow bitterness into their hearts which reflect in their communication, and that's wrong. Whatever the case, never allow bitterness into your heart, nor in your language.

In Ephesians 4:31, the Bible says, "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice." So, get rid of bitterness, malice, and anger; get rid of hurtful words. Walk in love. Don't only show love to those who love you; love those whom you think are against you. Let your words and actions be gracious, and seasoned with love - at all times.

Prayer...
Blessed Father, thank you for your love that's shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit, which I consciously demonstrate to my world through my words and actions. Bitterness, hatred, and pride, have no part in me, because I consistently walk in love and in your righteousness, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:53-72,Numbers 29-31
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 22:1-14,Exodus 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:39am On Mar 12, 2015
Prepare For His Coming - Thursday, March 12th .

Pastor Chris

And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming (1 John 2:28).

Jesus is coming back. The time is truly short. Many think that the world will continue as it is today forever; in turmoil, crises, and wickedness; no, it won't. Its end is near.

Revelations 17:16 talks about the destruction of the world's religious system and structures of the last days before the coming of Christ. The Bible says they'll be destroyed in a flash, so much so, that the whole world will wonder at the rapidity.

However, the question is, "Are you getting ready for the coming of the Lord Jesus?" When some people hear that Jesus is coming soon, they become sad, and afraid to sleep, in case He shows up in the night. There's no need for fear. Just straighten up your life; that's what you should do. Keep walking in love and be ready, because "...for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" (Matthew 24:44).

There's no need to be afraid of His coming. The Bible says, "But ye are come unto mount Zion..." (Hebrews 12:22). You were born into Zion when you were born again. You're not called to Mount Sinai, where there was judgment and fear; you're called into Zion. So, keep walking in the light of God, and you'll be ready when the Master returns in glory.

Prayer...
I thank you Lord, for the privilege of being among your elect, prepared and dressed in readiness for your imminent return! I'm fulfilling your perfect will every day, and by the Holy Spirit, I'm walking in the light, and bringing illumination to my world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 21:34
And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. ;

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 15:1-20,Numbers 32-33
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 22:15-22,Exodus 21

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 263
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.