Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249775 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by NumberOne2(m): 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nice. I was blessed by this

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:47am On Jul 07, 2015
Be Hospitable And Kindhearted - Tuesday, July 7th .

Pastor Chris

Let love for your fellow believers continue {and} be a fixed practice with you [never let it fail]. Do not forget {or} neglect {or} refuse to extend hospitality to strangers [in the brotherhood—being friendly, cordial, and gracious, sharing the comforts of your home and doing your part generously], for through it some have entertained angels without knowing it (Hebrews 13:1-2 AMP).

Being hospitable and kindhearted is an indication of the God-nature in you. Jesus said, "Treat others as you want them to treat you" (Luke 6:31 TLB). Kindness isn't so much what we do for ourselves, but what we do for others. Have a determination to show someone kindness which only God can repay.

The Christian life is a life of love freely given us of God. That love makes you think of others and accept them just as they are, even when it seems they don't deserve it. We're even admonished to be loving and kindhearted to strangers. Some people don't treat strangers right. Once they don't care about you, and wouldn't want to help. But the scripture says we shouldn't be forgetful to entertain strangers, for by so doing, some have entertained angels unawares.

Several times in scriptures, angels appeared as normal human beings, dressed in regular outfits like everyday people. For example, the Bible says three men appeared to Abraham in Genesis 18:2. One of them was the Lord, while the other two were angels. When the two angels went into Sodom and Gomorrah, the men of those cities saw them as ordinary men because they were just like anybody else. Also, in the New Testament, there were appearances of angels in human form, and today we still have such appearances.

Angels have the authority to appear in a glorified form or in a concealed manner, looking like humans. This is why you must be kind to strangers. Don't hesitate to help strangers, and treat them as well as you would if you knew them; but do so without naivety.

Confession..
I'm full of love, because the love of God is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit. I'm propelled and inspired by love always; I'm kindhearted, hospitable, and gracious. I manifest the love of Christ to everyone, guided by the wisdom of God, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Matthew 25:34-35
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Hebrews 13:2-3
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 18:24-19:1-7, Job 12-14
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 7:11-17, Joshua 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:44am On Jul 08, 2015
Look To Jesus - Wednesday, July 8th .

Pastor Chris

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith...(Hebrews 12:2).

The Gospel is about what Jesus already did for you and in you. He died a vicarious death for you, and was raised back to life for your justification - now you've been declared righteous. All He's asking of you now is to fix your gaze on these realities in His Word; accept what He's done. Don't look at yourself; look at Him; He's the author and "perfecter" of your faith.

If you trust in yourself, you could be overwhelmed by all your perceived shortcomings and inadequacies, but in Him, you've been made perfect. Colossians 2:10 says, "...ye are complete in Him...." You were perfected in Him the moment you were born again. Therefore, see yourself in Him; look to Him, for He's your life, your glory, excellence, wisdom, dominion, righteousness and strength! As you accept these legal realities, they become vitally resultant in your spirit.

When the Israelites were tormented by poisonous snakes in the desert, with many of them dying from the snake bites (Numbers 21:6), God commanded Moses to make a brazen serpent, and raise it on a pole. Then He said, "Whoever is bitten and looks at it will live". Moses did exactly that and told the people. Anyone who was bitten by a serpent only had to look at the serpent of brass, and as they did, they lived (Numbers 21:9).

Now, that serpent on the pole was symbolic of Christ hanging on the cross. The Bible says, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:14-15). He's light and life personified. So, keep your focus on Him, and you'll never walk in darkness or death. Look away from every distraction, unto Him! If you've been distracted by sickness, poverty, failure, etc., look away from all of that unto Jesus, and see your prosperity, health, victory, and dominion.

The Greek expression for the phrase "looking unto Jesus" in our opening verse actually means, "Looking away unto Jesus". That means take your eyes away from everything else, and set your gaze on Him: don't turn to the left or to the right. See yourself in the light of His Word only.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the vicarious death of your Son, Jesus and His glorious resurrection which has ushered me into the divine and glorious life. I recognize and fix my gaze on the finished works of Christ; therefore, I live the transcendent life of glory, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 12:1-2
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 19:8-41, Job 15-18
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 7:18-35, Joshua 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:51am On Jul 09, 2015
Know The Scriptures For Yourself - Thursday, July 9th .

Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

The Apostle Paul wrote some very inspiring, but instructive words to Timothy, a young man who was nurtured in spiritual things from childhood: "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus" (2 Timothy 3:15).

Notice the striking thought: the scriptures are able to make you wise! Paul pointed this out to young Timothy. If the scriptures were able to make Timothy wise, they're able to make anyone who imbibes them wise; they'll impart to you the wisdom that's consistent with the salvation of God, not the wisdom of this world.

Now, the word "salvation" as used above encompasses everything that God has done for us, and granted us in Christ Jesus. These include healing and health, success, salvation from sin, all-round prosperity - physical, spiritual, material, financial, and mental - a life of righteousness and dominion, etc. As you study and learn God's Word, the wisdom to deal wisely in the affairs of life, and appropriate these and other benefits of salvation into your life, will function in you.

If the Holy Scripture is able to make you wise, and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, and instruction in righteousness, won't it be excellent to study it? So, study and know the Scriptures for yourself. 2 Timothy 2:15 says, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". Study the Word meditatively, and the Holy Spirit will illuminate your spirit with amazing revelations.

2 Timothy 3:16 says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness". Through the scriptures, you acquire a peculiar way of life; your spirit is cultured in a certain direction; you develop the mind-set of the righteous.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me the Holy Scriptures, for they're able to make me wise unto salvation. As I diligently study and meditate on your Word today, I'm established and seasoned, to correctly analyse, accurately divide, rightly handle, skilfully teach, influence and affect the lives of others with the Word, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Acts 17:11
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Mark 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

2 Timothy 2:15 (AMP)
Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 20:1-16, Job 19-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 7:36-50, Joshua 5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:56am On Jul 10, 2015
He'll Make Up For Lost Time - Friday, July 10th .

Pastor Chris

I’ll make up for the years of the locust, the great locust devastation—Locusts savage, locusts deadly, fierce locusts, locusts of doom....(Joel 2:25 MSG).

If you ever find yourself in a quagmire, or in some unpleasant situation, don't fret or think that you're helpless. Don't say, "This is my worst time in life!" Christ lives in you, and that's what matters.

He's the restorer of wasted years, time, resources, money, energy, etc. He'll make up for lost time. No human being or government may ever be able to give back to you what you've lost, but God can! He's the God that "quickens the dead", that is, gives life to the dead. He can bring back everything, and more!

He can restore peace and order back to your life; you need not fret or be dismayed. Mark 4:37-41 tells a story of how the disciples set their sail, and the winds became boisterous and waves billowed into the boat to sink it. They were really in a fix. But Jesus was at the back of the boat, sleeping. Startled at the ravaging storms and billowing waves, the disciples woke Him up and said, "Master, don't you care that we perish?"

Jesus woke up and gave the word, "Peace, be still", and there was a great calm. It made no difference how strong the tempest was; what mattered was that the Master was in their boat. Same way, Christ is in you today, and by His Spirit, He'll cause you to be triumphant and laugh your way through life.

Stick to the Word; even when you think time isn't in your favour to accomplish certain things, don't push the panic button! Keep your composure; the God who lives in you is the owner of time. He can restore wasted years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds, and even wasted moments. He can move you a hundred paces forward, far ahead of your competitors, detractors and adversaries. Halleluiah!

Confession...
By the power of the Holy Spirit, I'm making progress, far ahead of my competitors, detractors and adversaries. I'm guided by the Holy Spirit, who also has made my life beautiful and made me the testimony of God's righteousness and grace, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Job 42:10
And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.

Psalm 126:1-3
When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. 2 Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them. 3 The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 20:17-38, Job 22-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 8:1-10, Joshua 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:56am On Jul 11, 2015
Honouring God’s Ministers · Saturday, July 11

Pastor Chris

And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; And to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. And be at peace among yourselves (1 Thessalonians 5:12-13).

There’re truths in the Word of God for us to discover and apply in our personal lives; otherwise, you’ll never walk in the blessings they bring. One of them is honouring those whom God has set above you, and are responsible for your spiritual growth.

Some people, however, because they lack understanding of the scriptures, get offended when we do certain things in the wisdom of God, to honour God’s ministers. For example, when a man of God walks into a place and people stand in honour and reverence, some people blurt, "Why should they all stand up; is he Jesus?" No, He’s not Jesus, but he represents Him.

Understand that the respect accorded the minster of God is the reason his words, his message and the blessings that he gives, stay with you. No wonder Jesus said in Matthew 10:40-41, "He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward." So, be smart to know that when you honour a man of God, you aren’t doing it for a man, but for the Lord.

If the people of the world would stand up in honour, when the president of their nation, whom they voted into office, walks in, why then should anyone complain when similar honour is done a man sent by God? That’s resenting the Lord unknowingly. The man of God, unlike the president of any nation, has been given the mandate to strengthen, inspire and edify God’s people in the Word and therefore, deserves greater honour. 1 Timothy 5:17 says, "Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine."

1 John 5:1 says, "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him." If you love Jesus, you’ll love those that He sends. Don’t join scoffers to malign or resent those that God has sent to bless and nurture you in the Word.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for showing me the essence of honouring those you’ve ordained to nurture me spiritually. I express my love and reverence for you as I honour and follow their divine counsels. Thus, your blessings rest upon me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

further study:
Hebrews 13:7;

1 Corinthians 15:33

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 21:1-16 Job 25-28

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 8:11-18 Joshua 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:55am On Jul 12, 2015
The Power Of God And The Glory Of God - Sunday, July 12th .

Pastor Chris

And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them (Luke 5:17).

Often times, the power of God is synonymously used in Scripture with the presence of God, and the glory of God, but they don't mean exactly the same thing. For example, when Moses was asked of the Lord to talk to the rock, what God wanted was for His glory to be manifested. Moses, however struck the rock. When he did, the power of God was manifested but the glory of God wasn't, and God reprimanded Moses; He said, "Moses, you didn't glorify me before the people" (Numbers 20:11-12).

Though the power of God was manifested, and water came out of the rock when Moses struck it, the glory of God wasn't there, because Moses acted in disobedience. Always, God wants us to manifest His power and His glory. The glory is greater than the power because the glory includes, not only the power of God but, the grace and righteousness of God. The glory of God, actually, is the term that encapsulates all of His splendour and His righteousness. God's righteousness is God's glory; He manifests His righteousness in His glory.

Therefore, for those who wonder, "Is it possible for the power of God to be manifested, and the presence of God or the glory of God is not manifested?" The answer is yes, because His power is given to us to use. In 1 Corinthians 9:18, the Apostle Paul talked about not wanting to abuse his power in the Gospel. He's referring to his authority in the Gospel, which was backed by the power of God: "What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel." It's therefore possible for someone to misuse the power of God but you can never misuse the glory of God. That's where the difference is. And God always wants us to walk in His glory.

It's like walking in the grace of God and not necessarily walking in the righteousness of God. One can walk and partake of His grace and be doing the wrong thing, but God isn't going to be happy with that. He'd reprimand such a fellow, and expect him or her to repent. To walk in God's power and His glory, you have to walk in His grace and in His righteousness as well; they all go together.

Prayer...
Blessed Father, I thank you for your glory in my life, and the power of the Holy Spirit that's working in, and through me! I experience your glory in increased measure as I walk in your grace and in righteousness today, and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalms 63:1-2
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; 2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

Isaiah 60:1
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 21:17-36, Job 29-31

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 8:19-25, Joshua 8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:52am On Jul 13, 2015
The Ultimate Deliverer - Monday, July 13th .

Pastor Chris

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time (1 Timothy 2:5-6).

The word "Christ" is the English form of the Greek "Christos", and the Hebrew, "Messiah". Messiah means "the God-man deliverer".

The Jews figured out from the prophecy of Moses and other prophets that a messiah was coming, and that He was the one to deliver and bring them the ultimate deliverance. The ultimate deliverance is the deliverance from all evil and all that's human. And only the ultimate deliverer — the Messiah — could do that.

In the Garden of Eden, when man committed high treason and lost his rights to the world, he fell, and therefore, all that was human was corrupted and needed to be delivered. No wonder the prophet Jeremiah cried out, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9). So, the Jews knew this, and expected the One who will deliver them from all that's evil and all that's human.

They looked forward to the coming of this "God-man" messiah, who was also
called "The Anointed One". They were familiar with the anointing of God; they knew that Moses, the Priests, the prophets, David, the king of Israel, and Saul his predecessor were all anointed. So, they weren't just talking about an anointed prophet or king; they were talking about the ultimate deliverer.

They called Him the God-man, because all that's good about God, all of His qualities and character would be found in this man. And that ultimate deliverer is Jesus Christ. He's the character, potency, power, and glory of God personified in a man. Halleluiah!

Prayer....
Dear Lord Jesus, I know that by your death on the cross, you delivered man from the power and dominion of the adversary, and now, through your glorious resurrection, we've been ushered into the divine life of glory, victory and prosperity. Now, I bask in your anointing, grace, mercy and love, by which I live the ever transcendent life. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 4:14-16
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Isaiah 53:5
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 21:37-22:1-21,Job 32-35

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 8:26-39, Joshua 9

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:11am On Jul 14, 2015
His Glory In Your Spirit - Tuesday, July 14th .

Pastor Chris

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified (Romans 8:30).

The glory of God is much more than being enveloped by a cloud, even though this was their experience in the Old Testament. Ezekiel 10:4 says, " Then the glory of the LORD went up from the cherub, and stood over the threshold of the house; and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the LORD'S glory." When Solomon had finished building the temple, "...the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God" (2 Chronicles 5:14). That was awesome, but there's a higher level of glory!

When we talk about the glory of God, what many think of, and get inspired about, is some physical cloud above their heads, or in a building. Understand God's real purpose: what God really wants is the "glory in you". Don't choose to remain with "the good" and leave out "the best". "Glory in the building" was a shadow of things to come. The best isn't the glory in the room, even though some will have more faith if they saw something physical. That's remaining at the lower levels, or babyhood stage.

In Christianity, what we have is the oneness of our spirit with the Spirit of God. You don't have to look for the glory outside you; it's in your spirit. Read the Apostle Paul's beautiful submission about this in Colossians 1:26-27 "Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; WHICH IS CHRIST IN YOU, THE HOPE OF GLORY".
Did you know that the Kingdom of God is in your heart? The perfect glory of God can never be contained in a room, or found on the outside. The perfect glory of God isn't something that your optical eyes can behold. The perfect glory of God is in your spirit.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you, for Christ in me is the glory-life. I manifest the perfect glory of God, the power, beauty, and excellence of God which has been deposited in my spirit, to my world. As I consistently meditate on the Word, the glory of God emanates from my spirit, such that the wonderful deeds and perfections of God are displayed for the world to see, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 17:22
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Colossians 1:26-27
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 22:22-23:1-11, Job 36-39

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 8:40-56, Joshua 10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:07am On Jul 15, 2015
The Prophet's Reward - Wednesday, July 15th .

Pastor Chris

He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward (Matthew 10:40-41).

When you address your man of God, whose name is "John" for example, as "Pastor John", the pastoral anointing on his life will work for you, because you recognize that anointing, and address him as such. When he touches you, it won't be "John" touching you; it'll be a touch from God that'll change your life, and bring about tremendous blessings in your life.

If you're a Pastor for example, if your congregation calls you by your first name, and relates to you without the consciousness of the pastoral anointing that's on you, the Word of God you give to them won't benefit them, because there's a big difference between "Brother John" and "Pastor John". Notice what Jesus said in Matthew 10:41: "He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward...." What is a prophet's reward?

When a prophet speaks words of blessing into your life, the reward is that those words come to pass, and you're blessed as a result. If a man of God says to you, "God bless you", you're blessed indeed! However, this doesn't happen just because he's a man of God. It happens because you receive him as a man of God.

In Mark 6, the Bible shows that Jesus went to the Jews and they didn't receive Him. What was the consequence? His blessing didn't rest with them. The Bible says He couldn't do any mighty work amongst them; not because His power failed, but because they didn't receive Him as a prophet. They disdained Him, saying, "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him" (Mark 6:3).

Don't be that way. Believe and receive the Word from the one whom God has appointed over you. 2 Chronicles 20:20 says, "...Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper."

Prayer...
Dear Father, I yield myself to be taught, inspired and strengthened under the ministry of your Word. Thank you for giving the ministry gifts to the Church for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry. Therefore, I move from one level of glory to a higher level, blessed by the ministry of the Spirit for my perfection, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 1:10-12
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Mark 6:4-5
But Jesus, said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. 5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 23:12-35, Job 40-42

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:1-9, Joshua 11
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:32am On Jul 16, 2015
Light Gives Direction - Thursday, July 16th .

Pastor Chris

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (Psalms 119:105).

The Psalmist used the words, "feet", and "path", in the verse above to express certain key points. God's Word is a lamp unto your feet to walk or chart your course through this world.

Secondly, he's telling you about the path in which you tread. The Word is a light that gives direction and keeps your path illuminated so that you aren't confused about where you're going.

Light describes; it shows the way, and reveals what exists. Sadly, there're people who grope hopelessly in darkness, journeying aimlessly without focus.

Others sit idly by on the sidewalk of life, hoping that whatever will be, will be; hoping for some "good-luck" in their finances, business, relationships, etc. That's not what God wants for you. Your journey in life should be on the clear path of progress, victory, and success through the Word.

Jesus said, "...I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12). Fill your heart with the Word; let it be the light by which you find your way through life.

Make it your compass for navigating through the storms of life. God's Word has the ability to bring illumination to your spirit, and give you insight into reality: "The entrance {and} unfolding of Your words give light; their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple" (Psalms 119:130 AMP).

It's not enough to have the Word memorized; it has to gain entrance into your spirit. When that happens, you receive light and illumination; You see things the way God sees them. His Word is the true light (John 1:9) that reveals your glorious inheritance in Christ, and guides you to walk in, and fulfil your destiny in Him.

So, let the Word be the light by which you see all things. Let it guide you in all your affairs — in your relationships, ministry, academics, business, finances etc.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I rejoice at your Word, which guides and sets me on course for greatness, success and glory in life! My spirit is flooded with your light, and my path illumined to know and walk in your perfect will always, in Jesus' Name. Amen!

Further Study:
John 1:5
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Philippians 2:15
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 24:1-27,Psalms 1-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:10-17,Joshua 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Jul 17, 2015
Keep Making Progress - Friday, July 17th .

Pastor Chris

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before (Philippians 3:13).

Some people are so used to a certain way of life and comfortable with the status quo that they don't see something better; they're not challenged by new ideas and possibilities; don't be that way! Keep making progress. The Bible tells us about the man Isaac, who kept making progress: "And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great" (Genesis 26:13). This is God's desire for all his children: a life of unending progress and success.

The Bible says the path of the just is as a shining light, that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day (Proverbs 4:18). He expects you to be increasingly fruitful and productive in all your endeavours; it's your heritage if you're born again.

In your ministry as a Christian, in your business, academics, finances etc., what level are you currently, and how much more progress do you want to make? It doesn't matter how prosperous, successful, strong and influential you are right now, there's still so much more you can be, and can achieve. Don't rest on your oars; dare for more. Grow a discontent for your present level, and God will open your eyes to new potentials and possibilities. This doesn't mean to have inordinate ambitions, but that you'd be inspired by the dream of the greater successes and glories that lie ahead.

Refuse to have small dreams. For some people, their dream was to own a personal house, and have a car. The moment they built the house and bought the car, they went to sleep in their minds, thinking they'd arrived. Don't be that way; make progress on a consistent basis. Always, ask yourself, "What's the next big thing I can do for the Lord and my world?" Think advancement all the time.

Confession...
I'm making progress and moving forward consistently by the Holy Ghost! My path is as a shining light, shining brighter and brighter unto the perfect day! Every step I take is a step of progress, prosperity, success and greatness. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Deuteronomy 1:6
The Lord our God spake unto us in Horeb, saying, Ye have dwelt long enough in this mount

Genesis 26:12-13
Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him. 13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 25:1-12, Psalms 7-10
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:18-27, Joshua 13

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:57am On Jul 18, 2015
Adopt The Praise Strategy . - Saturday, July 18th .

Pastor Chris

And it came to pass at the seventh time, when the priests blew with the trumpets, Joshua said unto the people, Shout; for the LORD hath given you the city (Joshua 6:16).

In the verse above, we observe a strategy of the Spirit given to the children of Israel to take over Jericho. The strategy was very specific. There was a time when the victory strategy was for Moses' hands to be up, for them to defeat Amalek. But this time, it was different. God told them to go round the city of Jericho six days, once every day.
On the seventh day, they were to do it seven times, and by the seventh time, they were to shout, and the walls of Jericho would fall down flat (Joshua 6:3-5).

What a strategy! There're times when all God would probably have you do is to praise Him. At such times, He's not expecting you to start binding and casting out devils; yet, as you praise Him, the forces of darkness will flee! Circumstances will begin to align themselves with God's plan for your life!

The Bible says, "Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand" (Psalm 149:6). Imagine Paul and Silas locked up in prison. It was a precarious situation.

Nevertheless, at midnight, at the darkest hour of neglect; at that time when the pain and reality of their incarceration should be too much to bear, rather than become angry at God for "forsaking" them, they adopted the praises unto God, until there was a supernatural jailbreak! An earthquake erupted that shook the prison to its foundations, flinging the prison doors wide open and both men came out (Acts 16:23-26).

Where are you in your life today? What situation are you facing that seems insurmountable? Don't give up. Don't call a pity-party. Don't feel alone and forsaken; adopt the praise strategy. Praise God profusely from your spirit, not in anticipation of victory, but in victory. Praise Him, knowing that He always causes us to triumph in Christ, and makes manifest the savour of His knowledge by us in every place (2 Corinthians 2:14). Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Dear Lord, thank you for the strategy of your Spirit revealed to me in your Word today. I will bless your Name at all times, and your praise shall continually be in my mouth, declaring your greatness in all the earth, and making known your wonders to all generations, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Chronicles 20:21-22
And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the Lord, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth for ever. 22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.

Psalms 89:15
Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 25:13-26:1, Psalms 11-16

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:28-36, Joshua 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:02am On Jul 19, 2015
God's Word Is The Answer - Sunday, July 19th .

Pastor Chris

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16).

Many people don't know it, but a Christian can actually open himself or herself to a devil.

There're many ways this can happen. One of such avenues is through a Christian believing a lie. When you believe truth, God's Spirit enters into you. In the same way, Satan enters into a man and begins to manipulate his life when he believes Satan's lies. This is why you should never accept Satan's opinion about anything; judge everything you hear by the Word.

Also, demons can come into someone's life through fear, because like begets like; you attract to you what's in, and around, you. If you have faith, you attract the spirit of faith. If you have fear, you also attract the spirit of fear. Fear brings demons into someone's life. Fear is actually faith in the ability of Satan; it's faith in the ability of all the negatives to defeat you. That's why you should never allow fear in your heart, same way you shouldn't allow unbelief, bitterness, and anger. These are all tools of the adversary which can open a door for Satan to plunder people's lives.
What if a Christian already allowed devils into his or her life unknowingly through any of the afore-mentioned avenues?

There's a way out. That's where the power of God's Word comes to play. If that individual would study and meditate on the Word of God, he wouldn't even require to be prayed for. The same way those devils came in, they'll also leave without announcement. That's the power of God's Word. God's Word is light, and when light comes, darkness will, and must, flee.

It's the same cure for fear. As you receive God's Word, faith comes to you, dispelling fear. And as fear leaves, so does the spirit of fear. God's Word is the answer. It's what you need for the glorious, excellent, and victorious life. The Word is the most important thing in your life.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you for the power of your Word, and its ability to transform, purify, strengthen me, and build my faith strong! I give no room to doubt and unbelief, but believe and receive your truths always! My heart is continually being purified and enlightened by your Word, and Satan has nothing in me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Ephesians 4:31
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
James 1:21
Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 26:2-18, Psalms 17-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:37-48, Joshua 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:58am On Jul 20, 2015
We're Superior To Satan And Demons - Monday, July 20th .

Pastor Chris

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils... (Mark 16:17).

The Word of God lets us know that Satan has a structure; demons are of a different hierarchy. But it's important to understand that we're not on the same class or level with Satan and His demons, no matter how high they are. We're seated together with Christ in the heavenly realms, far above all principality, power, might, dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come. We're superior to Satan and the forces of darkness.

Therefore, in dealing with demons, we don't struggle at all; we don't bandy words with demons when casting them out; we give orders. When you tell the devil to come out, he's under obligation to heed your voice, because you're addressing him in the Name of Jesus. Jesus used the strongest word possible to describe how we should treat demons. He said, "Cast out devils!" That means, "expel", "eject", "thrust", or "pluck" them out!

It creates the picture of grabbing something like an imp or a little monkey by the neck, and thrusting it out vehemently through a window or the nearest exit. That's what Jesus said to do to devils in His Name; no negotiations! Pluck and throw them out with your words. He gave us the authority to do that, and He didn't give us limits! He didn't say, "If the devils are very close to you, you can cast them out, but if they're far away, it'll be difficult"; no! It makes no difference where they are; once you can discern that Satan and his demons are the ones responsible for the situation, you can issue the command from South Africa, and they'll hear you in Australia and be gone!

We've been given a Name that's above every name — the Name Jesus. The Bible says, "...at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth" (Philippians 2:10). So, it doesn't matter how high in the satanic hierarchy the demons are, when you speak in the Name of Jesus, they have to obey! Give the Word, and wherever they are, they'll scamper in terror!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the victory I have in Christ Jesus. I've been given the power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus over Satan and the cohorts of hell, and dominate circumstances. My life is an endless stream of the miraculous, because I live in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
Philippians 2:10
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Matthew 10:8
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 26:19-32, Psalms 19-20

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:49-62, Joshua 16-17

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:09am On Jul 21, 2015
It's Based On Who You Are! - Tuesday, July 21st .

Pastor Chris

And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day? (Luke 13:16).

Our authority and superiority over Satan and the cohorts of darkness is based on who we are: the seed of Abraham; associates of the God-kind (2 Peter 1:4).

We're not using our own authority against the devil, we're using the authority given to us by Jesus Christ Himself! Moreover, He didn't say if you have faith you can cast out devils; He didn't base it on any condition, but on who you are: a new creation in Christ.
In fact, as a Christian, when you find that demons are responsible for a situation, you should understand that that makes the problem easier to solve, because demons understand authority.

Sometimes, I cast out devils by a simple "quit" sign of the hand or head, and they can't stand it. They get the signal. Some people think it's difficult to cast out devils; but it's not. It's as simple as recognizing who you are in Christ, and exercising your dominion in His Name.

Recall the way Jesus ministered to the woman who had a spirit of infirmity, and was bowed over; couldn't straighten herself; and was in that condition for eighteen years (Luke 13:11). When Jesus saw her, He said, "...Woman, you're loosed from your infirmity". He then laid hands on her, and immediately she was healed, and glorified God (Luke 13:12-13 NKJV).

Then, in the sixteenth verse, the Master made the profound statement we read in our opening verse, letting us know that the seed of Abraham ought not to be bound by Satan; better than that, the seed of Abraham has power to loose those whom Satan has bound.

Even if you were feeling sleepy or tired, and there was a devil running rampage somewhere, and you said to him, "Get out!" He'll go. Someone says, "Is it really that simple?" emphatically yes! It depends on what you think about Jesus, and the instrumentality of His Name. Satan isn't a factor, which is why in the New Testament, particularly the Epistles, the writers didn't have to devote chapters to talk about demons and how to handle them. Jesus rendered them completely paralyzed and placed them under our feet.

Confession...
I'm a seed of Abraham, and by extension, the possessor of all things. I'm blessed beyond measure, and everything consistent with the good life: increase, progress, success, fruitfulness, productivity and a life of glory are my birthright. Halleluiah!

Further Study:

Galatians 3:13-16
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. 15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto. 16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 27:1-26, Psalms 21-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 10:1-9, Joshua 18

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:51am On Jul 22, 2015
It's To Your Advantage - Wednesday, July 22nd .

Pastor Chris

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).

Our opening verse shows that no matter what happens in life, you can never be disadvantaged. This is the heritage of the new creation in Christ: It's not an assumption; the knowledge is definite and for certain that all things work together for good to them that love God. That's why you ought to count it all joy when you go through diverse tests, trials, and persecutions, because the result is obvious! It would turn out to your advantage.

Consider the man Joseph, in the Bible: His brothers hated him and wanted to kill him, but later sold him as a slave to a band of travellers, who, in turn, sold him to an Egyptian named Potiphar (Genesis 37). Potiphar observed that God had blessed him because of Joseph, and as a result, he put Joseph in charge of his entire estate.

Things went awry for Joseph when Potiphar's wife lied against him, and he was thrown into prison. However, right there in prison, the Lord was with Joseph, and blessed him, so that the jailer was pleased with him, and put him in charge of all the other prisoners.

In the process of time, God brought Joseph out of prison to become the prime minister of Egypt. Through a foreigner in Egypt, he became the head of government, subject only to Pharaoh. Who would have thought Joseph would have such honour, bearing in mind all that he went through? Only God can do such things.

It makes no difference the challenges you might be facing at home, in your workplace, amongst your friends, etc.; be comforted, because they'll turn out to your advantage. The unfavourable economic situation in the world isn't set against you; therefore, refuse to be moved! As the seed of Abraham, it's your heritage to soar in prosperity even in austere times. No challenge can overwhelm you; you're a victor in Christ Jesus.

Confession...
The joy of the Lord is my strength, and I'm joyful and courageous at all times, irrespective and independent of circumstances. I can never be disadvantaged, because the Lord is my Rock, my salvation, and my exceeding great reward! He's made my life beautiful, and I'm His delight! Glory to His Name forever!

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 27:27-44, Psalms 23-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 10:10-24, Joshua 19

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2015
Fight From Heaven · Thursday, July 23

They fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera (Judges 5:20).

Judges chapter four tells the story of the children of Israel, and their oppression for twenty years under Jabin, the king of Canaan, and Sisera, his captain (Judges 4:2). Deborah, who was the prophetess and Judge of Israel at the time sent for a man called Barak and prophesied to him that God would use him to deliver Israel (Judges 4:6-7). In the battle that followed, the Bible says "…the LORD discomfited Sisera, and all his chariots, and all his host, with the edge of the sword before Barak; so that Sisera lighted down off his chariot, and fled away on his feet" (Judges 4:15).

Though Sisera didn’t know it, he was fighting against a heavenly host, not just the army of Israel. The Bible says, "…the stars in their courses fought against Sisera" (Judges 5:20). God’s angels fought alongside the children of Israel to defeat their enemy.

Now, two things were clearly responsible for the divine intervention. First, as the children of Israel were being brutally oppressed by the king of Canaan, the Bible says they "cried unto the Lord; they prayed" (Judges 4:3). Also, Judges 5:2 says, they offered themselves willingly to the Lord. They turned to the Lord with all their hearts. Thus, through prayer, they made contact with the heavenly army that fought on their behalf. Only a miracle of this nature could have destroyed Sisera.

For that miracle that you desire in your life, it’s important for you to submit yourself willingly to the Lord—His Word—and follow His leading. Don’t run helter-skelter, seeking man’s help. Fight from heaven. Many people put so much effort and resources into endeavours that don’t succeed. What they haven’t learned is how to function from heaven; how to fight from heaven.

When God says, "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us" (Romans 8:37), He wants you to have a certain kind of mentality—the mentality of a victor. With that mentality, you’re confident that nothing can work against you. Therefore, whatever "battle" you may seem to be in, yours isn’t to fight! The Bible says you should give thanks, because the stars in their courses, the natural forces, and the circumstances of life, are working together for your good!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for showing me how to fight from heaven and mobilize angels on my behalf. I refuse to rely or lean on the arm of flesh, for I know that my help comes from the Lord of heaven and earth! All things work together for my good, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

further study:
Isaiah 31:1;

Zechariah 4:6;

Psalms 20:7

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 28:1-16 Psalms 26-29

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 10:25-37 Joshua 20-21

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:47am On Jul 24, 2015
Trust The Message Of The Gospel! - Friday, July 24

Pastor Chris

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16).

The Gospel is the power of God to produce salvation for everyone who believes. All that a man needs to become a bona fide child of God—born of the Word and Spirit of the Lord—is to believe the Gospel and confess the Lordship of Jesus. The Lordship of Jesus Christ is what breaks the dominion of Satan from your life completely. Satan can’t lord it over you once you’ve given your life to Christ. In case you’re not born again, you can give your heart to Christ even now; turn to the last page of this devotional for the prayer of salvation.

Now, if this will happen for the non-Christian; if the Gospel can bless and produce eternal life in the man who hitherto was estranged from the life of God, imagine how more easily it’ll bless the Christian! If you were preaching the Gospel to a non-Christian, the power of God to save and deliver him from sin, and bring him into righteousness, and the liberty of the sons of God, is in that message of the Gospel! Through the Gospel, the light of God comes, and darkness dissipates.

The same impact takes place in your life as a Christian, as you hear and receive the Word; love and faith are ministered to your spirit, whilst hatred, fear, and unbelief are dispelled from your heart. That’s the reason as you listen to, or study, God’s Word, you notice immediate transformation and a renewing of your thinking; you can tell that your life is being upgraded.

The same thing happens if you were the one teaching others the Word; those you’re teaching, through the power of the Gospel, are continually being transformed from glory to glory. It makes no difference who they are, where they’ve been or what they’ve done! The Gospel turns the worst sinner into the righteousness of God.

Trust the message of the Gospel! It’s a weapon; God’s weapon for salvation to all mankind! It’s His power to save, heal, deliver, build, and transform men’s lives, and make them sons of God.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the power of the Gospel, by which you’ve set me on an exciting journey of victory and success from glory to glory. I live above sin, sickness, disease, lack, poverty, the economy and economics of this world, because I live in your Word, functioning with divine wisdom always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

further study:
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

1 Corinthians 4:20
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 28:17-31 Psalms 30-31

2 year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 10:38-42 Joshua 22

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Jul 25, 2015
He's Personal With You When He Speaks - Saturday, July 25th .

Pastor Chris

And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks (Acts 9:4-5).

When Jesus spoke out of heaven to Saul, He called him by name and said "...Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?" He's that personal when He talks to you. He spoke to Saul (who later was called Paul) in the Hebrew tongue (Acts 26:14), a language that Paul understood. Interestingly, those travelling with Paul heard the same voice but couldn't make out the words. The voice from the Lord —His message— was specific and personal to Paul.

God talks to us every day! He's personal with you when He speaks. He can talk to you in a familiar voice, and in a language you understand. The more you study and meditate on the Word, the easier it is for your spirit to recognize and respond when He speaks to you. Paul didn't know it was the Lord speaking to Him until the Master said, "...I am Jesus whom thou persecutest...." He had to reveal Himself to Paul, which is what He does with us today, through the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit reveals the Word to us and guides us in God's perfect will. He speaks to us every day. That voice that asked you, "Have you prayed today?" was the Lord talking to you through the Holy Spirit; it wasn't your mind. He may tell you, "You're not studying the Word as you should" or that "you're not speaking in tongues enough". Don't ignore it and think it's your mind talking to you. That has been the dilemma of many; they're unable to distinguish the voice of the Spirit from the voice of their minds, because they really don't know Him, yet they've received Him to live in them.

The Holy Spirit is your teacher (John 14:26), and you have to learn to listen to Him in all things. He's interested in every detail of your life, and will guide you through life in glory, dominion, excellence, and power, if you'd listen and respond to His voice.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your presence in my life through the Holy Spirit—my teacher, guide, and instructor in righteousness. Life isn't a mystery for me because the Holy Spirit teaches me all things. The truths of God are unveiled to my spirit, and by them I walk in the realms of glory, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Isaiah 30:21
And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 1:1-17, Psalms 32-34

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 11:1-13, Joshua 23

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:47am On Jul 26, 2015
He's All You Need! - Sunday, July 26th .

Pastor Chris

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God (1 Corinthians 2:12).

The Holy Spirit knows all things, and He's also everything to us. He's all you could ever want.

For example, did you know that the Holy Spirit is a healer? That's the Spirit that was referred to in Romans 8:11: " But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you." If He lives in you, it makes no difference what sickness or disease you've been diagnosed with; there'll be a change. He'll effect a cure in you.

If you're a student, He's the one you need to make you excellent and give you success in your academics. He knows all things and will teach you everything you need to know about life. Jesus said of Him, " He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you" (John 16:14).

The Holy Spirit will take that which belongs to Jesus —His wisdom and knowledge— and unveil them to you. Jesus is the embodiment of all wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:3), but the Holy Spirit will take from all that Jesus has, and minister it to your spirit. Think about that!
When you know and walk with the Holy Spirit, He'll make your life beautiful, excellent, and full of glory. Some "preach" about Him but really don't know Him in truth.

Love Him dearly. Let it be your heart's most passionate desire to know Him more and more, and have Him revealed in your life. That's true Christianity: Christ —His anointing, person, character and righteousness— revealed in you!

Therefore, open your heart to Him. Yield yourself completely to Him in love and fellowship, and He'll show you new frontiers. He'll take off the limits, and position you for endless victories and to make lasting Kingdom impact.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your eternal love for me, demonstrated in granting me the Holy Spirit to live in me and guide me into all truth. Not only have I received Him into my spirit, but I consistently fellowship with Him in truth and love. Therefore, He imparts me with knowledge, wisdom, and guidance in all my affairs, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

John 16:12-13
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 14:16 (AMP)
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 1:18-32, Psalms 35-37

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 11:14-26, Joshua 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:57am On Jul 27, 2015
Success By The Spirit! - Monday, July 27th .

Pastor Chris

...This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts (Zechariah 4:6).

There're people who try so hard to succeed through their own might and natural wisdom; they are erudite; they've been schooled, yet true success eludes them. This is because they function from the mind, the sense-realm, which at its best, is grossly limited. The mind is never enough; true success is by the Spirit.

The world may describe you as a "mighty brain", one of the world's
intelligentsias, it makes no difference. The wisdom of this world profits nothing. Success isn't by might, nor by power, but by the Spirit of God. If you've been trying to succeed by your own power or ability, it's time to quit the struggle. If you've been trying to grow a Church by your own human wisdom and principles, it's time to rely on the strategies of the Spirit and His wisdom to guide you.

2 Corinthians 3:5 says, "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God." Our competence, the ability, wisdom, and knowledge by which we function are of God; therefore, don't trust in your physical strength or natural intelligence. Trust the Lord.

How are you going to grow that cell or fellowship group? How are you going to multiply your finances? How are you going to build that business? The Lord says, "It's by my Spirit!" Success is by the Holy Ghost.

You'd become a mystery to others, and a wonder to your generation, as you walk with the Spirit and allow Him guide you in your affairs. Take the ministry of the Spirit seriously, as there's no Christianity without the Holy Spirit. If you want to go past religion; if you want to know the reality of the Kingdom of God, and the reality of the glory of God, you've got to know and relate with the Holy Spirit as a person. He's the key to extraordinary success.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I acknowledge and appreciate the ministry of the Holy Spirit in my life. He teaches me all things and brings to my remembrance all that I require to live the divine life. Through my fellowship with the Spirit, the realities and glories of the Kingdom are manifest in my life, and I experience the manifestations of the Spirit in my daily walk, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Romans 8:26-27 (AMP)
So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings
too deep for utterance. 27 And He Who searches the hearts of men knows what is in the mind of the [Holy] Spirit [what His intent is], because the Spirit intercedes and pleads [before God] in behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God’s will.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 2:1-29,Psalms 38-41

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 11:27-36,Judges 1

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2015
Provoke One Another To Love - Tuesday, July 28th .

Pastor Chris

And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching (Hebrews 10:24-25).

In Christianity, we provoke one another unto good works, because God created us for good works.

Titus 2:14 describes us as a peculiar people, zealous of good works. However, it's possible to have friends who make you go in a direction that's contrary to God's Word. Such "friends" could instigate you against others, instead of inspiring you to love and to good works. We're counselled in Scripture to mark such individuals, and keep away from them (Romans 16:17).

Don't provoke someone else to hate another, or to be angry or resentful of another brother or sister in the house of God. Never say or do things that could engender strife or cause division in the body of Christ; that's not Christianity. You were created to love. Jesus said in John 13:34, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." Spread love.

When people try to instigate a dislike within you for someone else, know that it's a wrong spirit working through them, and lovingly let them know that they're wrong. Anything that instigates you to dislike, be bitter or enraged towards someone else is from the devil; reject it. Promote love instead.

Love is the life of the new creation; it's the way of victory, and the sign that you've passed from death to life (1 John 3:14). Jesus said, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another" (John 13:35).

God has given you His love and the ability to love like Him: "...the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us" (Romans 5:5). Therefore, provoke others to love. Let love show in your language and manner of life. Let others see and experience God's love through you. This is important for a daily life of triumph.

Prayer...
Thank you blessed Father, for the manifestation of your love and righteousness in me. Your love isn't just something I experience but something I also lavishly express to my world. I triumph gloriously today, as I walk in love and provoke others to love, in Jesus' Name.

Further Study:

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

1 Thessalonians 4:9
But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

1 John 3:16-18
Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? 18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 3:1-31,Psalms 42-44

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 11:37-44,Judges 2-3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:07am On Jul 29, 2015
Filled With The Spirit... Always! - Wednesday, July 29th .

Pastor Chris

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).

In our opening verse, Apostle Paul wasn't talking to people who didn't know about the Holy Spirit when he said, "...be filled with the Spirit." So, why then did he admonish them to be filled with the Spirit, even though they had already received the Holy Spirit? It's because receiving the Spirit and being filled with Him always are two different things.

Receiving the Holy Spirit is a one-off experience, but you're to get filled with the Spirit always! The same verse in the Amplified version says, "...ever be filled and stimulated with the [Holy] Spirit"; that means be filled all the time.

The prophets of old didn't have this experience. They had the Holy Spirit come upon them occasionally. Today, the Holy Spirit doesn't just come on us, He lives in us; our spirits are immersed in Him, and we can be ever filled with the Spirit.

What a blessing this is! There're things you do that get you filled with the Spirit; for example, "Speaking to yourselves (not others this time) in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord" (Ephesians 5:19).

Never leave home or embark on any endeavour without being filled with the Spirit. A good way to always get yourself in the flow of the Spirit is speaking in other tongues. You can't be filled with the Spirit and be defeated in life; no! Your spirit will continually be energized for victory and success every day.

Make up your mind to be filled with the Spirit continually. It's not something you need only when you're faced with a problem or when you want to prepare for a special event; no. When the Bible tells us about being filled with the Spirit, it puts it in the continuous language. You ought to be perpetually high on the Holy Ghost, and walk in the Spirit, not sometimes, but ALWAYS!

Prayer...
Heavenly Father, I thank you for the precious gift of your Spirit. I'm eternally grateful for the privilege to be filled with the Holy Spirit always! I'm led by the
Spirit; synchronized with Him to always walk in tandem with your plan and purpose for my life, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

1 Corinthians 2:13
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things
with spiritual.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 4:1-25, Psalms 45-48

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 11:45-54, Judges 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2015
A New Self-value - Thursday, July 30th .

Pastor Chris

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not (1 John 3:1).

If you were the only one on the face of the earth, Jesus would still have come to die for you. He died for you personally. Not many have thought about it. They think Jesus died for the world; and to them, the world means nature and the things in it. He died for you! Appropriate and meditate on this deeply. It happened over two thousand years ago; but let it be refreshed in your consciousness today; and it'll produce results in you.

You were bought with a price. You're valuable to God. You're not a nobody! It doesn't matter that you seem to be "down" in life right now; it doesn't matter what the society has made you! It just doesn't matter that you seem to have been relegated to the background. The best description of you isn't what people call you or describe you to be; heaven's description of you is what counts.

You're the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21). You've been washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of God (1 Corinthians 6:11). You're heaven's best: "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (James 1:18). You're peculiar, royal, excellent and full of glory; you're SOMEBODY SPECIAL! That's why Jesus died for you. He loves you.

Read our opening scripture again and see how valuable you are to God. I love the first word of 1 John 3:2, it says, "BELOVED, now are we the sons of God..." (1 John 3:2). You're beloved of God. Stop being bothered that nobody loves you. Love others, because God loves you.

Perhaps you didn't realize how beloved and special you are to God; now that you know, accept it, and endorse it. It'll give you a new self-value.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, my heart is full of gratitude because you predestined me to be called your son through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of your will, to the praise of your glorious grace. Thank you for loving me with an everlasting love, and inspiring me to extend your love to others always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 43:4
Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Psalms 100:3
Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 5:1-11, Psalms 49-51

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:1-12, Judges 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:28am On Jul 31, 2015
Humble Yourself - Friday, July 31st .

Pastor Chris

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time (1 Peter 5:6).

The Bible says God exalts, promotes, the humble and resists the proud. I made a decision many years ago to be a humble person. The only way to be a humble person is by letting the Word of God show you what it is to be humble, studying about humility in the Word of God, and acting accordingly. Humility is yielding yourself to the Lordship of the Word of God.

That you're humble doesn't mean you're weak or naive, or humiliated; no. When you're humble, nothing, and no one, can humiliate you. It's like the old saying: "He that is down needs fear no fall; he that is low, no pride." This just means that you esteem others better than you, even though God is lifting you. When you find yourself in a position of authority, whether in the house of God, your place of work, or anywhere else, be humble. When you address others, choose your language carefully; use the right and most appropriate words. Don't use a proud language.

As you consciously practise being humble, the Lord will continually promote you. Never get to that point in your life where you relate to others with disdain; it's a dangerous place to be, because it means you're arrogating extra honour to yourself. The Bible says in Romans 12:10, "Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another." Philippians 2:3 says, "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Never allow anything make you exhibit pride.

Our opening verse says, "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time." Notice it says to humble yourself; don't let God be the one to humble you, because that'll be trouble. The Bible says He resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5).

Your humility can be tested in different ways. If for example, in your place of work, it looks as though your colleagues or even your juniors are being promoted ahead of you, and you've been diligent, don't be perturbed. Just remain humble, because there's a due time. When the due time for your promotion comes, what you'd get could be far greater than what you might have imagined. If you want the Lord to keep promoting and exalting you in life, then being humble is the key.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the ministry of your Word and influence of the Holy Spirit in my life! I will manifest humility always, in my communication, actions, character, attitude, and in all that I do. Thank you for bringing me into a place of honour and promotion according to your Word, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 4:2 (GNB)
Be always humble, gentle, and patient. Show your love by being tolerant with one another.

James 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Romans 12:3a
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 5:12-21, Psalms 52-55

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:13-21, Judges 6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:23am On Aug 01, 2015
Your Victory Is Assured - Saturday, August 1st .

Pastor Chris

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness (Isaiah 41:10).

At the beginning of the year, the Lord said to us, "It's your year of Triumph!" And for many of us, it's been exactly as the Lord said. It's now about four months to the end of the year. How have you worked the Word? I trust you've been triumphant. But you see, even if for any reason you're yet to experience certain manifestations of the Word in your life, refuse to be perturbed! It's not too late. Anything is possible! This should be your mentality.

Jesus had a mentality; He had a unique mindset; He never thought defeat, failure or weakness! Paul cultivated the same mentality; he said, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13). That's the victor's mentality; that's the mentality the Word gives us. It doesn't matter what your life has been like; it doesn't matter the experiences you've been through; one thing is certain: all will turn out for your good! Yes, they will.

Don't ask God, "How will this happen?" Leave the "how" to Him! Your responsibility is to trust the Lord and hold on to His Word. In Jeremiah 32:27 He said, "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" Nothing is too hard for Him. When you go through challenges, don't complain! He didn't promise us that there'd be no challenges; He knew there'd be challenges. Nevertheless, He gave us the assurance that in the midst of the challenges, we'd be triumphant all the way!

Your victory is assured! Your triumph is non-negotiable. You belong in the Kingdom of God's dear Son, who leads you in the triumphal excursions of life; it's a continual victory parable: "Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place" (2 Corinthians 2:14).

Confessions...
I'm strong in the Lord and in the power of His might, for the joy of the Lord is my strength! I'm triumphant in my going out and in my coming in! I've been chosen and ordained for the transcendent and overcoming life in Christ! This is my heritage in the Lord! Blessed be God!

Further Study:
John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 6:1-14, Psalms 56-59

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:22-34, Judges 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:48am On Aug 02, 2015
Accept The Mandate! - Sunday, August 2nd

Pastor Chris

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations (Jeremiah 1:5).

Each time I meditate on the above verse, I’m overwhelmed by the awesomeness of our God! He said, "Before I formed you, I knew you. Before you came out of your mother’s womb, I already chose you." This means Jeremiah was chosen before he was born.

Now, the beautiful thing is, this reality isn’t only about Jeremiah; it’s the same with you. God chose you before you were born. The Bible says, "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son…" (Romans 8:29).

The word, "foreknow" used above, means more than just knowing about someone; it connotes "having special interest in." God took special interest in you, and planned your life. Before you were born, He set you apart for a special work. There’s a special calling on your life to be His witness.

The Apostle Paul echoed same message when he said, "But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood" (Galatians 1:15-16). Paul knew he was a chosen vessel to turn the Gentiles from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God! No wonder he was so passionate about the Gospel.

There’re those who aren’t aware of their obligation to preach the Gospel; they keep coming up with excuses. They think the ministry of reconciliation is only for the apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers; but they’re wrong. Every Christian has been given the mandate to make disciples and pupils of the nations. No excuse is acceptable for not preaching the Gospel. Take up the mandate to reach the world for Christ! Make this your focus, and experience true fulfillment in your life.

Confession...
The glorious Gospel of the blessed God has been committed to my trust, and I’m diligent in making it known to those in my world, and in the regions beyond. My passion for the Gospel is constantly refueled and my enthusiasm, undying! Through me, many are coming to the knowledge of Christ, and into their inheritance in Him, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

further study:

Colossians 4:17; And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.

1 Corinthians 9:16-18
nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan : Romans 6:15-7:6 Psalms 60-63

2 Year Bible Reading Plan : Luke 12:35-48 Judges 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Aug 03, 2015
Appreciate His Work In Your Life - Monday, August 3rd

Pastor Chris

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 5:20).

There’re those who don’t appreciate or even recognize the progress they’ve made, or the blessings of God in their lives. They always wear a worry look, troubled all the time, only seeing what they can’t do, and what they don’t have. They’re quick to complain, "I haven’t been promoted in the last five years!"

The problem is, they fail to recognize and acknowledge all the other subtle promotions and blessings they experienced within the same period. Your promotion isn’t only through your job; there’re other kinds, and you’ve got to identify them and be appreciative. Haven’t you learnt something new? Hasn’t your knowledge and understanding of God’s Word improved? Hasn’t your prayer life become richer? Aren’t you praying better than you used to? Always consider all these other blessings and improvements the Spirit of God has brought into your life, because they’re actually even more important; centre your mind on them! Let those blessings thrill you.

There’re promotions you should never overlook; an example is the ministry and work of the Holy Spirit in your life! That’s greater than any physical or material blessing or promotion you could ever get. In fact, it’s what will give rise to the promotion at work. There are people who were promoted at work and still got frustrated and committed suicide. There were others who had a lot of money, and all that money could buy, yet they were depressed, unhappy and ended up destroying themselves.

You’re never going to be satisfied because you have so much; and you’re not necessarily going to obey God because you have so much. Therefore, learn to be content, and please Him in all things. Serve the Lord joyfully, irrespective and independent of circumstances. Put Him first in your life and be thankful and excited about your life, and how He’s leading you.

Prayer...

Dear Lord, from the depth of my heart, I acknowledge your faithfulness towards me! You’ve qualified me to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light, having freely given me all grace! Thank you for making my life glorious and making me the effulgence of your righteousness, beauty, wisdom, and grace, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

further study:
Philippians 1:6;
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 7:7-25 Psalms 64-67

2 Year Bible Reading Plan : Luke 12:49-59 Judges 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:53am On Aug 04, 2015
Get "Charged" In The Holy Ghost! - Tuesday, August 4th .

Pastor Chris

He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself...(1 Corinthians 14:4).

One of the synonyms for the Greek work translated "Edify" is to charge, like you would a battery. The rendering in the Amplified Translation is very inspiring; it says, "He who speaks in a [strange] tongue edifies and improves himself...." Moreover, in Jude 1:20 (AMP) the Apostle Paul admonished, "But you, beloved, build yourselves up [founded] on your most Holy faith [make progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], praying in the Holy Spirit." This is how you get charged in the spirit and embolden yourself.

Is there any challenge before you that seems insurmountable? Are there projects you want to undertake, and you're somewhat not sure what steps to take? Activate the wisdom and power of God by praying in the Holy Ghost, until you're filled with the Spirit. If someone were timid, and began the exercise of speaking in tongues consistently, it won't be long before he becomes bold and sound. For someone who's weak, it's the same thing; he'd become strong! Glory to God!

When you speak in other tongues, and your spirit is charged, it takes over your mind! Whereas there was fear in your mind, your spirit will rise like a giant from within and dominate the outward man. Paul said to Timothy, "...Stir up the gift of God that is in you..." (2 Timothy 1:6). One of the ways to do this is speaking in tongues!

Some Christians easily fall into temptations because they don't speak in tongues sufficiently; consequently, their spirit is weak. Every little dart from the enemy throws them off balance.

Refuse to live an ordinary life. There's power in you; stir it up always. In your privacy, speak in tongues! When you're on the go, speak in tongues! This isn't for a particular Christian denomination; it's for every child of God. Get yourself charged in the Spirit; rise like an edifice, moving from glory to glory!

Confession...
My life is excellent and full of glory, because I'm continually filled with the Spirit. I function from a vantage position of boldness, audacity and victory in Christ Jesus, where I don't struggle but enjoy a blissful life of success, and an unending stream of the miraculous, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 5:18
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

2 Timothy 1:6
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 8:1-17,Psalms 68-69

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 13:1-9,
Judges 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:00am On Aug 05, 2015
A Higher Way Of Life - Wednesday, August 5th

Pastor Chris

Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand (Philippians 2:4 MSG).

As a child of God, you don't need somebody to love you first. There're those who are often bothered: "I don't have any friends; and no one ever remembers me." Some even say, "Since no one cares about me, I won't care about anyone!" Come on! That's a low life. Be the one to remember, care for, and love others! That's what counts with God. The blessing you receive because of those who remember you and give to you is little, compared to that which you receive when you remember others and give to them. The Bible says, "...It is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35).

When you receive from others, all you have is what you got. God's promise isn't to the one who receives but the one who gives. So, don't seek attention; give it instead. Don't seek love; give love. Demonstrate love to everyone, including those who might have offended you, and the ungodly that have no hope. That's how God wants you to live.

There're people who only know how to enjoy attention; they only crave for others to love them. Such people could be very dangerous, because when they don't get the love and attention they seek, they become cruel and wicked. You're the seed of Abraham, and the seed of Abraham reaches out; he hears the cry of the needy and responds. So, be the answer; be the solution; be the one to meet other people's need. Don't worry about yours; God will take care of you.

If you've ever felt bad that you didn't get attention or care from certain people, change it; stop being offended because of those whom you thought forgot you; start remembering them for good! When you're the one remembering others, giving them attention and care and reaching out to everyone, you'll be fulfilling your calling as the "blesser"; it's a higher way of life!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for placing me in the position of a helper. I'm a lifter and a giver. I'm your outstretched arm of love, and salvation to the world. I was born as the answer to the cry of millions, and through me, your blessing flows to others, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 6:27-32 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also. 30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 8:18-39, Psalms 70-73

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 13:10-21, Judges 11

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:52am On Aug 06, 2015
Believe In Your Prayers - Thursday, August 6th .

Pastor Chris

Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name (Psalm 86:11).

Do you believe in the efficacy of your prayers? Or do you always look for someone to help you pray? The Bible says, "...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16). He's telling you that the prayer of a righteous man works! It produces results. When you pray, never think it's not working. As long as you're born again, it's wrong to think you're not qualified to receive answers to your prayers! Your prayer works. God wants you to know this.
One of the challenges that many have with prayer is the lack of focus. When you pray, you must have focus. We read in our opening verse, "...unite my heart to fear thy name." The New International Version puts it this way: "...give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." It's talking about an undivided heart. So, in prayer, focus your attention on the Lord, and be conscious of what you're praying about.

There're lots of Christians who pray about so many things, and a moment later, don't remember what they prayed about. They say so many things to God, and even when God answers, they don't know, because they never take record of what they say to God; they don't pray with focus or a clear direction.

Maintain a diary of prayer! The things you're concerned about that you'd like to pray about, write them down in a diary, and have scheduled times when you pray about those things. Then as you pray, receive. Believe in your prayer; believe that you're making an impact; for God is always willing to grant you your heart's desire: "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them" (Mark 11:24).

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the confidence that I have in you, that whatsoever I ask according to your will, you hear me. You made the sun stand still upon the prayer of Joshua, and you're the same yesterday, today and forever. Therefore, my faith is strengthened today to receive the petition that I desire of you, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Romans 12:12
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 9:1-29, Psalms 74-77

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 13:22-30, Judges 12

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 300
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.