Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249583 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:08am On Sep 03, 2015
Cultivate An Excellent Character · Thursday, September 3rd

Pastor Chris

Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power: Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel; because thou wentest up to thy father’s bed; then defiledst thou it: he went up to my couch (Genesis 49:3-4).

It’s possible for someone to have so much ability or be gifted with a certain skill, yet when such a skill is required, that individual isn’t chosen, because he or she doesn’t have the right character. If you’d build your mind and develop the right mental structures, sooner or later, you’ll see the manifestations in your personality. Mental structure here doesn’t mean imaginations and reasoning; rather, they’re attitudes that you’ve cultivated over time that control your actions.

For instance, someone may have a great voice but he’s unable to make good music. Not because his voice isn’t fantastic, but because he’s not trained and disciplined to make the most of his gift. We read about Reuben in our opening scripture. Reuben’s character and ability collided. He was the beginning of Jacob’s strength, the excellence of his wisdom. That means Jacob invested so much in him, but he was unstable as water; therefore, he wasn’t going to excel.

The Hebrew word for "unstable" is "Pachaz," which also means frothiness; to be unrestrained and undisciplined. Reuben was undependable as foamy water. He had the ability to be someone influential and prosperous, but his character wouldn’t let him excel.

The ability to take on more assignments because of your performance is an excellent character. That means, you’re dependable and when there’s an innovation to be actualized, you readily come to mind. But there’re those who are never thought of, to handle responsibilities, because they aren’t dependable.

Become the best of you by cultivating the right character. Inside you are hidden treasures; you came into this world with a unique personality. There’s something you possess that nobody else in the world has; hence it’s important to find your place, and be the best of that peculiar you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the investment of your Word in me, and the training that I receive through the Spirit, which has helped me form an excellent character. I recognize and take advantage of your grace in me to do more, and attain higher heights of greatness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 119:9; BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

daniel 6:3;
Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.

Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

1- Year Bible Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 1-2:1-4 Proverbs 12-13

2-Year Bible Reading Plan : Luke 20:27-38 1 Samuel 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:20am On Sep 04, 2015
Know The Word For Yourself - Friday, September 4th .

Pastor Chris

Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth (2 Timothy 2:15 AMP).

For you to live a joyful life, and be the full expression of the will, righteousness, and glory of God, you have to know the Word for yourself and live by it. Those who don't know the Word of God can hardly fulfil God's desire and plans for their lives. The Word of God made you (1 Peter 1:23), and except you live by the Word, you'll not be the "you" that God dreamed of, nor fulfil His destiny for you. This is why we teach the Word and encourage God's children to be students of the Word. You must know the Word for yourself.

Don't live on the basis of assumptions. Don't let people influence you with their "religious" opinion of God. Don't accept that something is from God just because it sounds good, nice or religious.

Jesus said in John 5:39, "Search the scriptures..."; Paul said in 2 Timothy 2:15, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." The Word of God is the mind of God expressed; His will written and expressed for us. What an extraordinary advantage, that you can study the Word for yourself, understand it, and live accordingly! It's a great blessing!
The measure of your glorious and victorious life will be to the degree of your knowledge of God's Word, and how much of it you put to work. It's not about how long you've been a Christian; it's about how well you know and apply the Word.

Thank God we have the unparalleled advantage of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, who grants us understanding of the Word! He's the Author of the Scriptures; so as you study, you can depend on Him to guide you, and grant you insight into divine mysteries and secrets.

Give the Word your attention and time. Study and put your heart in it. If you want to live a life that's beyond the ordinary, it's by the Word, through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for showing me the importance of personal study of your Word, a vital ingredient in my Christian walk. As I study and meditate on the Word today, I'm positioned to fulfil your desire and plan for my life, and my profiting is evident, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 12:24
And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Acts 17:11
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 2:5-3:1-6, Proverbs 14-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 20:39-47, 1 Samuel 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:44am On Sep 05, 2015
The Condition Is To Be In Christ - Saturday, September 5th .

Pastor Chris

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).

The above scripture is God's announcement and unveiling of the new man through the Apostle Paul. Let's analyse the verse carefully. First, it says "if any man be in Christ...," which means "anybody", irrespective of who he is, once in Christ, is a new creation. The environment of the new man is Christ. Notice it doesn't say, "He will be a new creation", or "He shall be a new creation"; rather, it says, "...he is a new creation...." This isn't a promise; it's a statement of fact.

The word "is" is a "now" verb, showing a present-hour occurrence or reality. If you're in Christ, you're a new creation NOW. You're not a reworked, renewed, or refurbished creation; you were born anew, without a past! You've been baptized into the body of Christ, by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13). It makes no difference whether or not you feel so. This is God's picture of you; this is His declaration about you: you're a new creation in Christ.

Your human spirit, through faith in Christ Jesus, has been recreated, and you're now the righteousness of God in Him.

As a result, you can now stand boldly in God's presence without guilt, inferiority or condemnation, because you have the same life and nature with Him; you're born of His Spirit (John 3:6). 1 John 4:17 says, "...as he is, so are we in this world"; you're not going to be like Him, you're already like Him, and you're in Him, and He's in you. Together, you're one divine creation. Blessed be God!

Confession...
I'm a new creation; old things are passed away, and all things are new in me! I'm an heir of God, and joint-heir with Christ. I've been freely and gratuitously justified to have right standing with God, by His grace, which was bestowed on me in Christ Jesus. Glory to God forever more!

Further Study:
Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Galatians 3:27-29
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 3:7-4:1-18, Proverbs 16-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 21:1-9, 1 Samuel 24

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:46am On Sep 06, 2015
Possess It With Your Spirit! - Sunday, September 6th .

Pastor Chris

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).

Faith is the response of the human spirit to the Word of God. When a man hears God's Word, he doesn't hear in words; he hears in pictures. If he couldn't walk and you preach the Word to him, the moment he believes, when you tell him to get up, he never finds it hard to respond, because you're not telling the man on the outside to get up; you're actually talking to the man on the inside.

If the man on the inside hears you and gets up, the one on the outside can't stop him. That's because the response is from the human spirit, and that's what faith is. That's why a man can lay claims to something that he hasn't seen and begins to declare that that thing is real. He's not trying to get it; he has actually possessed it in his spirit already; he's taken a hold of it in his spirit. That's the reason you can't change his mind about it, because he already knows he has it.

Though he doesn't see that thing outwardly, it doesn't make any difference to him, because he's got the evidence. And faith is the evidence: "NOW FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). This is different from someone saying, "I claim it! I float into the heavens and possess it!" I'm talking about your spirit taking possession of what you desire.

The Amplified version of Hebrews 11:1 says: "Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]." This lets you know that whatever you want in this world, once you can see it inside first, and take possession with your spirit, you've got it!

Practise taking possession with your spirit, for that's where God guides you from. He doesn't function in the realm of the mind or senses. The things you see with your eyes of faith, and take possession of in the realm of the spirit, will manifest physically as you speak them forth.

Confession...
By the power of God's Spirit, I apprehend my heritage in Christ! There's no failure or defeat on my path! I'm a possessor of all things, being an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ.

Further Study:
Ephesians 1:18
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 5:1-6:1-2, Proverbs 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 21:10-19, 1 Samuel 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Sep 07, 2015
The Importance Of Knowledge - Monday, September 7th .

Pastor Chris

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... (Hosea 4:6).

Sad as this may sound, it's true nonetheless! God's people suffer in life, not because they don't pray enough or love God enough, but because they lack accurate and adequate knowledge of the Word. Reiterating this, the Lord Jesus said in Matthew 22:29, "...Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures...."
When people lack accurate and relevant spiritual information from God's Word, they experience defeat and failure. This isn't because they're "weak" Christians or because God couldn't deliver them; it's just the plain and inevitable result of ignorance.

Psalm 82:5-7 is so touching; it describes the debacle and despondency of the one who's ignorant of his heritage and identity in Christ. It says, "They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes." Pathetic!

Now you can better understand why in the lives of some people, things aren't just happening the way they should; they're putting in all the efforts they could, yet nothing productive is coming out. What's the problem? Ignorance: they know not, neither do they understand; they walk on in darkness, destroyed by sickness and plummeted by the harsh elements of this world. Is this the lot for the Christian? Emphatically no! The Bible declares, "...but through knowledge shall the just be delivered" (Proverbs 11:9).

If you have knowledge, there'll be a difference in your life. The knowledge of God's Word will build you up, and deliver your God-given inheritance into your hands (Acts 20:32). If you've been wondering why your experiences haven't been as victorious as the Word describes, you need to spend more time studying and meditating on the Word. Build your faith with the Word of God, for faith comes by hearing (Romans 10:17). As the Word comes to you, don't just agree by way of mental assent, respond by confessing the same things. Soon enough, you'll change the situation.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me understanding and insight into your will, purpose and plans as I study your Word. My heart is flooded with wisdom and spiritual understanding, not just to know, buy also to walk in your perfect will today and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Peter 1:2
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

Proverbs 11:9
An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 6:3-7:1, Proverbs 20-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 21:20-28, 1 Samuel 26

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:01am On Sep 08, 2015
Keep Praying!-Tuesday, September 8th .

Pastor Chris

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint (Luke 18:1).

Someone once lamented, "As much as I pray for my country, it appears that the wickedness, especially from the political leaders, keeps increasing. Can God still intervene? Is there need for me to keep praying?"

The Word of God admonishes us to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17). In Luke 18:1-8, the Lord Jesus emphasized the importance of persistence in prayer. This is because being the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, you can change anything through prayer. The divine power necessary to cause that change is in you; it was deposited in you the moment you received the Holy Spirit into your life (Acts 1:8 ).

Moreover, James 5:16 (AMP) says, "...The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]." Continue to pray for your country. The Lord is the God of all flesh, and there's nothing too difficult for Him to do (Jeremiah 32:27). He's the God of possibilities, and He's given you the power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus and effect the changes you desire. Therefore, in praying for your country and other nations of the world, let these thoughts be in your mind.

The God to whom we pray, reigns and rules in the affairs of men: "...to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men" (Daniel 4:17). Consider what He did to King Nebuchadnezzar, who ruled his kingdom with absolute power. The Lord deposed him from his glory, and drove him out from among men, to dwell in the wilderness. God also restored him to office after he repented.

God has power over every nation and sets in authority anyone that He chooses (Romans 13:1). When He tells you to pray for your country, it's because He's given you the authority to decree a thing and have it established (Job 22:28). Intercede for as long as it takes for peace, continued progress, and stability in your country. Pray as though it depended on you alone to effect changes in your nation, and the truth is, it does; because you're the salt of the earth.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for teaching me to pray without ceasing for my country. I thank you for your divine power and wisdom that's released, even now, upon the leaders and political office holders for them to do your will, and for righteousness to be established in the land and in the hearts of men, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Timothy 2:1-3
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Psalm 122:6
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 7:2-16, Proverbs 22-23

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 21:29-38, 1 Samuel 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:46am On Sep 09, 2015
Your Faith Will Triumph - Wednesday, September 9th .

Pastor Chris

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith (1 John 5:4).

Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Imagine that as a Christian parent or a minister of the Gospel, your son or daughter isn't living according to the training that you gave him or her in the Word. There may be some who'd be quick to judge and say, "So-and-so's parents are Christians, yet he behaves like a sinner." If this happened to you as a parent, don't be moved by what others may be saying.

Challenges come to everybody; so, at the time you're facing your own challenges, stay focused on God's Word, and put your faith to work. Soon enough, that child will come into the right place and be all that God destined for him to be. Even the time others might have thought he lost will be regained, because God said, "And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm..." (Joel 2:25). So in such matters, don't allow the negative sentiments of others dissipate faith.

God gave us His Word so that no matter what we see or hear, we're not distracted; we stay focused. After all, as students, we weren't Doctors, Lawyers, and Architects whilst in the university. We were in school, being trained for what we were going to be. If someone saw you while still in school and said, "Hey, you don't look like a Doctor, Lawyer or Architect", you'd probably have replied, "I don't look like it yet, because I'm in training for it."

In like manner, we're all still being trained by the Spirit of God through the Word to be all He's destined us to be. If you already have children, keep training them in the Word. Even when it looks like they're not imbibing the culture of the Word, keep at it. Recall what we read in Proverbs 22:6: "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Give some time; the results of the training will be evident.

Never give up your faith because of the negative opinions of gainsayers; learn to live by the Word. No matter what you see or experience, your faith will triumph. Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, my faith increases as I give myself to the study of your Word. I take advantage of the grace that's in Christ Jesus, and to live a life of faith that's based on your Word, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Further Study:

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Mark 9:23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 8-9, Proverbs 24-26

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:1-13, 1 Samuel 28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:44am On Sep 10, 2015
Your Success And Joy Are His Dream - Thursday, September 10th .

Pastor Chris

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content (Philippians 4:11).

Someone once asked me, "Is it really possible to be full of joy all the time?" Very quickly, I responded, "I'm joyful all the time!" Then, he said, "Don't you think that's a bit unrealistic?" "It depends on what reality is to you", I responded.

For some people, reality is their human experience, but our reality is Christ. In Christ, it's possible to be joyful all the time. You can be joyful every day, and be successful every day, irrespective of what happens to you or around you, because that's God's desire for you. He wants you to be joyful and successful.

The Bible says, "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth" (3 John 1:2).
Jesus came, lived, died, was buried, and resurrected; all for your sake! He suffered that you might live in the glory of His sufferings. That means you should live joyfully every day, enjoying your life. That's what He died for: for you to live the best life, be the Father's dream, and be a success in everything you do, irrespective of the challenges that you might face.

James 1:2 says, "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations." The challenges that come your way are described in God's Word as light afflictions: "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory" (2 Corinthians 4:17).

There's nothing that can overwhelm you. The distress is for a moment; it'll surely turn out for your good! The problems you encounter that seem to be contending with your joy are temporary; they're the springboards for your promotion and the next level of glory.

Therefore, refuse to yield to pressures and adversities; subdue them with the Word. Stir up the joy of the Lord from within your spirit and laugh on in victory. Satan and his demons are discomfited in an atmosphere of joy, love, and laughter. So, live at the top all the time by maintaining a joyful heart.

Confession...
My life is an expression of the glory of God. I live independent of the circumstances and situations around me, because I know that all things work together for my good. Therefore, I rejoice always in the Lord, conscious that I'm a victor for life. Glory to God!

Further Study:
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

1 Peter 1:8
Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 10:1-18,
Proverbs 27-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:14-23, 1 Samuel 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Acme77: 6:00am On Sep 10, 2015
thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:27am On Sep 11, 2015
Passion For Soul-Winning - Friday, September 11th .

Pastor Chris

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16).

As a child of God, you must be passionate about soul-winning; it must burn in your heart to take the Gospel to the lost. You're the custodian of the Gospel. It's therefore your divine responsibility to publish it around the world. When you understand that Jesus is the only way, you'll stand up for the Gospel.

The Apostle Paul in Acts 13:38-39 said, "Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man (Jesus) is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses." There're no options to the Gospel. No wonder David said, "Send us around the world with the news of your saving power..." (Psalm 67:2 TLB).

In David's day, the Gospel hadn't been fully made manifest, but he had insight into the revelation of Christ the Messiah. The time hadn't come and the redemptive work of Christ hadn't been consummated, but Christ now has come. He has died and has risen, and now lives in our hearts. Halleluiah! No Christian is left out of the instruction to preach the Gospel. It should be your passion!

Fuel your passion for the Gospel. Keep preaching and talking to others about Jesus. Discuss the Gospel continually with those who are also fired up in their spirits for the Gospel and intercede in prayer for the lost who are yet to hear the Word of salvation.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the news of your saving power, the Gospel. I'm grateful and honoured for the privilege to be a minister of reconciliation. Through me, many are coming to the knowledge of the Gospel of Christ, which you've graciously committed to my trust, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

1 Corinthians 9:16
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 11:1-15, Proverbs 29-31

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:24-34, 1 Samuel 30
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:36am On Sep 12, 2015
Commended To The Word - Saturday, September 12th .

Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

The Apostle Paul couldn't think of a better way to bless the brethren at Ephesus than to commend them to the Word of God. As Christians, we're born of the Word (1 Peter 1:23); the Word gave birth to us; therefore, our lives can only be built and sustained by the Word.

From the moment you made Jesus the Lord of your life, the building process began; the Word builds you spiritually, mentally, physically, financially, and in all areas of life.
Furthermore, the Word is able to "give" you an inheritance among all those that are sanctified. This is quite an interesting thought. The Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul, wrote this to the Church. Why would He say this to Christians who already have an inheritance in Christ Jesus? First, understand that He wasn't talking about the ownership of the inheritance; rather, he was talking about the inheritance being delivered into your hands.

For example, you might be the rightful owner of an inheritance, e.g., a landed property, and never be able to get into it, perhaps because of litigations due to difficult individuals claiming ownership of the same property. In the same way, though all things are legally yours in Christ Jesus, there're rebel holders of authority —Satan and his cohorts— who often try to sway God's people from enjoying their inheritance. The Word of God is able to literally deliver your inheritance into your hands, to enjoy, irrespective of the activities of the adversary.

If you'd constantly meditate on the Word, not only will you be built for success, excellence and the victorious life, the Word will also deliver into your hands, that which is rightfully yours in Christ. So, open up your appetite for the Word. Bombard your mind with Scriptures until you're completely inundated, and you're configured to think from the Word's perspective only.

Prayer...
Dear Father, with faith, meekness, and gladness, I receive your engrafted Word, which is able to build me up and deliver unto me what rightfully belongs to me in Christ. Your Word is effectual in me today, producing in me what it talks about, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 1:21
Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

1 Timothy 4:15-16
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. 16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 11:16-33, Ecclesiastes 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:35-43, 1 Samuel 31

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:48am On Sep 13, 2015
Prayer: The New Testament Way - Sunday, September 13th .

Pastor Chris

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you (John 16:23).

Some folks don't understand why they're praying and there seems to be no answers. They're so used to praying without answers that they now lack the confidence to pray. You can pray a whole lifetime without praying the right way, but that's not what God wants for you. You should have results every time you pray. He asked us to pray because He wants to answer our prayers; but we must pray correctly.

In the New Testament, we pray in the Name of Jesus. We don't ask Jesus for anything; we don't pray to Him. You can tell Him how much you love Him, and give thanks to the Father, in His Name, but we don't pray to Jesus, in the Name of Jesus; that'll be wrong. When we pray, we stand in the place of the Master; we're taking His place. So, we can't be praying to Him in His Name, or while standing in His stead; that won't make any spiritual sense.

Furthermore, in the New Testament, we pray the prayer of the righteous; we pray knowing who we are in Christ —the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. James 5:16 (AMP) says, "...The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]." So, you see, prayer in the New Testament isn't a religious monologue; it's geared towards effecting changes.

We're not at all helpless or stymied in a corner when we face challenges. We can make power available in prayer —power for change! We can be definite enough to effect definite changes in the realm of the spirit through prayer, to our advantage. That's why Jesus said, "...men ought always to pray and not to faint" (Luke 18:1). That means pray always, and don't give up, because when you pray, you make power available for the works of righteousness.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege and opportunity of prayer. Thank you for the power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus, and experience extraordinary results every day. I live triumphantly today by the power of your Word, and ability of the Spirit, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 16:24
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mark 9:23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 12:1-21, Ecclesiastes 3-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:44-53, 2 Samuel 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Sep 14, 2015
The Victorious Life - Monday, September 14th .

Pastor Chris

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).

Being born again, you're born into a spiritual kingdom. This spiritual kingdom is greater than the physical world; it actually rules the physical world. For instance, if you were asking God for a job or a child, promotion, etc., He'll make it available to you in the spirit-realm. If you can take a hold of it in the realm of the spirit, nothing can stop it from manifesting physically. However, many don't know how to get things done in the realm of the spirit.

The Bible tells us to walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16). How do you walk in the Spirit? It's by walking in the Word. Jesus said in John 6:63, "...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." Thus, living the victorious life is living in the Word. This doesn't mean there'll be no crises, or that you won't face any trouble in life; rather, when they come, they'll be "bread" for you: you'll walk on in glory. Halleluiah! When you realize this and function accordingly, the victorious life won't be a mystery but a day-to-day experience for you.

There's more to life than what your physical eyes can see. 1 Corinthians 2:12 says, "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." As you give attention to God's Word, the Holy Spirit unveils to your spirit the realities of the victorious life in Christ. This is God's desire for you. He said through the Apostle John: "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth" (3 John 1:2). Living victoriously every day is as simple as saying "Yes" to God's Word, and acting accordingly.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for my victorious life in Christ. I make full proof of what Christ did for me, living triumphantly every day, in His Name, and for your glory. I can never be disadvantaged because I live in God's Word, which produces in, and for me, the result of what it says, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Psalm 16:5-6 TLB
The Lord himself is my inheritance, my prize. He is my food and drink, my highest joy! He guards all that is mine. 6 He sees that I am given pleasant brooks and meadows as my share![a] What a wonderful inheritance!

2 Peter 1:2-4
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 13:1-14, Ecclesiastes 6-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:54-62, 2 Samuel 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:52am On Sep 15, 2015
The Dimensions Of Love - Tuesday, September 15th .

Pastor Chris

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God (Ephesians 3:17-19).

Our opening verse shows us four dimensions of God's love: the breadth, length, depth, and height of His love. How far can your love go? Can it pursue the worst of sinners? Can it go after the worst failures? Can it be stretched limitlessly?

Once, Peter asked Jesus, "...Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?" The Master's response was so inspiring; He said, "...I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven" (Matthew 18:21-22). This equals four hundred and ninety times a day. Imagine that someone offends you that number of times in one day, the Master says, "Forgive."

The Apostle Paul gave a touching testimony in 1 Timothy 1:13-14. He said, "I was a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious, but I obtained mercy of the Lord. His love reached out to me and rescued me from the path of destruction." How far can your love go? How much can you forgive?

Love never gives up. It's not easily provoked, neither does it take into account the offences of others. It forgives as many times as it's provoked. It knows no limits. No wonder Paul had to pray that God's people would comprehend the boundless, immeasurable, intimately infinite, and unconditional love of God. That revelation will change your life forever, and give you extraordinary boldness and confidence in life.

Confession...
Christ dwells in my heart by faith; I'm rooted and grounded in love, and able to comprehend the boundless, immeasurable, intimately infinite, and unconditional love of God. Thus, I'm filled with all the fulness of God! Amen.

Further Study:
Galatians 6:15
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

1 Corinthians 13:4 GNB
Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 1:1-24, Ecclesiastes 9-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:63-71, 2 Samuel 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:52am On Sep 17, 2015
The Quality Of Your Personality - Thursday, September 17th .

Pastor Chris

...For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was (James 1:22-24).

Our opening scripture isn't dealing with the image, in terms of the external form or representation of the man who looks at himself in the mirror, but with the "manner" or "kind" of man. A doer of the Word doesn't forget the "manner" of man he is: the quality of his personality.
You'd understand this better if we read from the eighteenth verse; it says, "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (James 1:18).
God gave birth to us by the Word of truth; that is, the Gospel of Christ, so that we should be a kind or type of firstfruits of His creatures. That's awesome! What's the meaning of firstfruits? It means the first and the best of God's creatures.

When you were born again, you came up with a new kind and quality of life —the God-life. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "...If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation...." As a new creation in Christ Jesus, you're the perfection of beauty, and the best of everything God made. You're superior to Satan.
Thus, when a Christian says, "I need deliverance from the devil", it's because he has forgotten what "manner" or "type" of man he is. How could you need deliverance from Satan when you're superior to him?

The Bible says you're seated together with Christ in the heavenly realms, far above all principality and power. You occupy the place of the highest authority in Christ Jesus, far above Satan and everything that's connected to him.

Get to know the quality of your personality. It's the reason we bring the Word of God to you every day on different platforms, to enlighten you on who you are in Christ.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me the first and the best of everything you created. I'm the perfection of beauty, fashioned for excellence. My life is the manifestation of your glorious and majestic splendour; I display your perfections and unveil your multifaceted wisdom to the world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Ephesians 2:10 AMP
For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 3:1-14, Songs of Solomon 3-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 23:13-25, 2 Samuel 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:16am On Sep 18, 2015
A Reprogramming Through The Word - Friday, September 18th .

Pastor Chris

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).

The Word of God gives you everything you need: health, joy, wealth, prosperity, grace, wisdom and all that the vicarious death of Christ and His triumphant resurrection delivered to us as Christians. That's what salvation encapsulates. With the knowledge of God's Word in your spirit, you have what it takes to create anything you want.

At the well of Samaria, Jesus encountered a woman and asked her for a drink of water. But noticing that He was a Jew, the woman told Him they had nothing in common, and for ethnic reasons declined. Then, Jesus replied, "...Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life" (John 4:13-14). The Master knew He could give her something to quench her thirst for ever —the Word. With the Word, she would be able to create anything she desired.

Often times, when people are facing difficult situations, what they need is a Word-therapy or what I may call a "Word-diet."

They'd have to listen to God's Word and study the Scriptures over a period of time, until the Word gets rid of the wrong mind-set, and reprograms them aright for success. If that doesn't happen, no matter what else you do for them, their situation wouldn't change.
Sometimes, when people are sick in their bodies, the real problem is beyond the symptoms that are apparent in their physical bodies. Such pains might stem from their mind. There's a difference between the sickness of the mind, and that of the body. So, even when they're healed in their bodies, the sickness continues, because it was really a problem of the mind. The solution is to reprogram their minds through the Word, for total restoration.

Prayer...
Dear Father, your Word has come to me today to renew my mind, and programme me for the victory-life. My faith in the Word prevails today and always over all circumstances, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 3:15-25, Songs of Solomon 6-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 23:26-33, 2 Samuel 9-10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:36am On Sep 19, 2015
Newness In Type And Quality -Saturday, September 19th .

Pastor Chris

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:4).

The Bible declares in 2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." The Greek rendering of the phrase, "a new creation", actually means "a new species of being!" It doesn't just refer to a new life in terms of timing; that's to say, a life that has just begun. It means newness in type and quality. A new creation is a new type of man; he's one of a kind that never existed before! He's not subject to Satan, and doesn't need deliverance.

This is who you are, if you're born again. You're not subject to defeat, and can't be disadvantaged. Walk by faith, because you've already been given the measure of faith (Romans 12:3). Romans 6:14
declares, "...sin shall not have dominion over you...." You're a superior being; you're no longer governed by sin or bad habits.

You're not merely someone who has turned a new leaf or has changed from living the bad life to a good life. No! You're born anew, to express the righteousness, excellence, glory, and multifaceted wisdom of God.

Confession...
I'm a new creation in Christ Jesus, holy and sanctified unto the Lord! I'm a partaker of the divine nature, expressing and manifesting the life of Christ in righteousness, excellence, glory, wisdom and power! I reign by grace today, through righteousness, because the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death and its debilitating influences. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Isaiah 61:3
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 3:26-4:1-20, Isaiah 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 23:34-43, 2 Samuel 11-12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:27am On Sep 20, 2015
Look "Away" Unto Jesus! - Sunday, September 20th .

Pastor Chris

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith... (Hebrews 12:2).

In your Christian walk, it's important that you look "away" from every distraction unto the Master. I like the way the Amplified version puts it; it says, "Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus...." What God is telling you here is simple: Turn away from everything else, and fix your gaze on Jesus. Don't get distracted.

Imagine the case of Peter on the sea with the Master; if he had kept his gaze on the Master, he wouldn't have been overwhelmed by the billowing waves and tempest. He was distracted, and then he began to sink. The same thing happens to many today; when they allow themselves to be overwhelmed by the "magnitude" of their problems, instead of focussing on the Word of God, they sink even further. Refuse to be overwhelmed by any problem.

There's no situation you can't handle successfully with the Word of God. Make the Word of God your stay; live in the Word! Learn from Jesus; He lived the Word, though He's the Word! He was focused, and was never distracted from the Word. He looked at the result of His faith; for the joy that was set before Him, He endured the cross, despising the shame. He didn't care what people thought about Him; His focus was to carry out the will of the Father. It should be the same with you.

They may call you names, because of your devotion and dedication to the Lord, but don't let that affect you. If anything, be inspired to love Him more; be challenged to serve Him even more passionately. Don't be moved by hard times and turbulent circumstances; hold on tight, with your focus on Jesus.

1 Timothy 6:12 says, "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses." Stay in the Word, and don't turn away from it; and the Lord will keep you in the peace of prosperity: "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee" (Isaiah 26:3).

Confession...
I'm kept in perfect peace, because I stay in, and live by, God's Word! My eyes are constantly fixed on Jesus, the Captain of my salvation, and Shepherd of my soul! I remain unperturbed irrespective of the tests, trials, and persecution that I may face, because He has made me triumphant. Blessed be God!

Further Study:
Matthew 6:26
Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Jeremiah 17:7
Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.

Galatians 3:6
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 4:21-5:1-15, Isaiah 3-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 23:44-56, 2 Samuel 13-14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:13am On Sep 21, 2015
Continue In Faith - Monday, September 21st .

Pastor Chris

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? (Galatians 3:1-3).

As you study the entire book of Galatians, you'd understand why Paul made the statement above, chiding the Galatian Christians: they had strayed from the message of the Gospel, the Word of faith, which they had received. Some false teachers came, teaching them that they had to obey the Law to be justified; as a result, their faith began to waver. Decrying their deviation from the message of faith, Paul asked them, "...having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?"

He wanted them to remember how they received the Holy Spirit; it wasn't through obedience to the Law, but by faith. The salvation they had received didn't happen by keeping the Law: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9). Your righteousness and right-standing with God aren't the results of your good works; they're by the faith of Christ, the result of what He did.

Galatians 2:16 says, "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." The righteousness, which is by faith, doesn't rely on the works of the Law, but on faith in the God that justifies the ungodly (Romans 4:5).

By faith, you received eternal life, and the Holy Spirit to live in you. By faith, the righteousness of God was imparted to your spirit. Therefore, continue in faith, grounded and settled, and refuse to be moved away from the hope of the Gospel, which you've heard (Colossians 1:23).

Prayer...
I thank you Lord for the righteousness I've received; the righteousness which is by the faith of Jesus Christ, to stand in your presence confidently without fear, inferiority, guilt or condemnation. I have no confidence in the flesh because you are my justifier. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Philippians 3:3
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 5:16-26, Isaiah 6-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 24:1-12, 2 Samuel 15-16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:58am On Sep 23, 2015
Keep Expressing Righteousness - Wednesday, September 23rd .

Pastor Chris

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption (1 Corinthians 1:30).

Righteousness is the nature of God in you, producing in you the rightness of God: the ability to do right and fulfil the will of the Father. God is always right; it's His nature to be right. This nature of righteousness is at work in us. So in our Kingdom, we do righteousness; we walk in righteousness and do works of righteousness; we manifest the goodness of God to the world.

It was for the same reason that the Pharisees and Sadducees had a problem with the good works that Jesus did; they misunderstood Him. If in your place of work, for example, you did something you thought was good and required commendation, but instead you found yourself being persecuted for your good works, don't feel bad about it.

Just because you're good and doing the right thing doesn't mean everybody is going to be cheering you on. There might be those that'll resist you, and try to make you swerve from your path; they might even call you evil, in spite of your good works; maintain your composure. Refuse to change. Stay the course with the Word of God in your heart and in your mouth.

Remember, you're the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; therefore, it's your calling to express His righteousness. See yourself that way, regardless of the pressures and challenges that may tend to provoke you to compromise. See yourself just as the Word says: "...greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4); this means that you're greater than your adversaries, detractors and persecutors. You're a victor forever.

Stay in the Word, and keep manifesting His righteousness, no matter the criticism, and you'll always win. Halleluiah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me a victor for life, and granting me the grace to reign in life and live for your glory. Righteousness and goodness are the hallmarks of my life; therefore, I express righteousness and walk in your perfect will today, and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 1:1-14, Isaiah 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 24:28-39, 2 Samuel 19-20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:27am On Sep 24, 2015
Challenges: Life’s Exams For Your Promotion - Thursday, 24th September

Pastor Chris

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).

The Christian life is a journey, and in that journey, there’re challenges. These challenges are springboards for your promotion.

Some have thought the moment they became Christians, they would no longer face challenges. Bewildered, they ask, “Why do I still have troubles? Why do I still have problems with my health? Why is it that when I pray, the things I pray about don’t happen instantly?” These and other related questions puzzle their minds from time to time.

If there’re no challenges to your faith, your faith can’t be strengthened. Life isn’t about how smooth things are; you aren’t promoted without the tests of life; that’s what challenges are. God has to let you face certain things so you can exercise your faith and win; and when you do, you’re decorated for more. Never buckle in the day of trouble. Don’t cry. Instead, eyeball the devil and say, “Devil, no matter what you do, I’m more than a conqueror. Greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world.”

Learn from the Apostle Paul who despite the tribulations, trials, and temptations he faced, didn’t buckle under the pressure. Rather, he latched on to the consolation of the Holy Spirit, while consoling and comforting others who were in trouble with the same comfort he had received. That same comfort of the Holy Spirit is available for you today. Therefore, no matter the challenges you face, they’re bread for you. Stand tall and refuse to fear. Keep the Word of victory in your mouth!

You have the comfort of the Word, and the consolation of the Holy Spirit, to go on and win! No weapon fashioned against you shall prosper.1 John 4 :4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

Prayer...
Heavenly Father, I thank you for the strength, comfort, boldness and faith that your word ministers to my spirit. I’m confident to withstand and subdue the challenges that may come my way, conscious that they're the springboards for my promotion, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 5:3
And not only so , but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Ephesians 1:15-2:1-10 Isaiah 13-14

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 24:40-53 2 Samuel 21-22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:19am On Sep 25, 2015
Think About The Lost - Friday, September 25th .

Pastor Chris

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart (Ephesians 4:17-18).

The verses above reveal the dangerous plight of the unbeliever.
He's in spiritual darkness and is alienated; that is, cut off from the life of God. Ephesians 2:3 further refers to them as children of wrath. That means children appointed unto the wrath or anger of God. What a terrible state for anyone to be! Ephesians 2:12 refers to them as "hopeless and without God in the world."

While still a student on campus many years ago, I read this portion of Scripture and it got me thinking. I considered the students on campus that were living without God, and thought, "Dear Lord, how could anyone live in such darkness?

How could they go to bed at night, and live another day without God?"
I was moved with compassion and began to intercede for them: "O, God, don't let them die and go to hell without receiving Christ. Help me to reach them with the news of your saving power, and your eternal plan for all mankind." I felt constrained to tell them about Jesus, because nothing could be more damning than living without God and having no hope in the world!

This should make you think about your friends, relatives, colleagues, neighbours and associates that aren't born again. They're hopeless in the world, without Christ.

You can't afford to let them keep living without God, drifting farther and farther into the abyss of darkness. Let the hopelessness of their situation compel you to intercede for them. Pray that they'd be delivered from the domain of darkness and the power of Satan unto the glorious liberty of the sons of God. You may be the only one with the opportunity to touch their lives with the Gospel.

Therefore, preach to them and teach them the Word. Tell them God loves them so much He sent Jesus to die for them (John 3:16).
Contribute your time, effort, and resources to soul-winning. Be known for your passion for the Lord, His Gospel, and the souls of men.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for enlightening me through your blessed Word on the value of every soul. I pray for all those who're unsaved, my friends, relatives, colleagues and associates, to be delivered from darkness unto light, and be turned from the power of Satan unto God, and become partakers of your righteousness, in Jesus' mighty Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Mark 16:15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Psalm 67:2 (TLB)
Send us around the world with the news of your saving power and your eternal plan for all mankind.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 2:11-22, Isaiah 15-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 1:1-13,2 Samuel 23-24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:30am On Sep 26, 2015
Joy Has Expressions!
Saturday, September 26th - Pastor Chris

For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed. And there was great joy in that city (Acts 8:7-8 ).

Our opening text is an account of events in Samaria when Philip, the evangelist, preached Christ in the city. The power of God's Word prevailed mightily, such that many were healed and set free from demons. The result was that the city erupted in joy. The Bible specifically records that there was great joy in that city.

How do you know that someone is joyful? Through their expressions! Joy has expressions. Laughter is an expression of joy. Praising God —being exultant and exuberant with praise to Him —is an expression of joy. Singing songs of praise in thanksgiving is an expression of joy. The Bible says, "Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms" (James 5:13). Express your joy in the Lord.

Joy is one of the fruits of the recreated human spirit (Galatians 5:22); therefore, your joy as a child of God should be independent of circumstances. It shouldn't be based on what's happening to you or around you; it shouldn't have anything to do with what others say or do to you. You can be joyful in the midst of trouble.

Paul and Silas were cast into prison, persecuted for preaching the Gospel. Nevertheless, "At midnight", (it doesn't get darker than it gets at midnight), they prayed and sang praises to God, and the other prisoners heard them (Acts 16:25).

They expressed their joy, and the result was a supernatural jailbreak. God shook up the prison, broke their bands and flung the gates open. They remained joyful in adversity, and gave expression to their joy.

You must learn to give expression to your joy. Always be cheerful and exuberant with praise, knowing that it takes a joyful and happy person to make others joyful and happy. If you're not joyful, you can't effectively preach the Gospel and win others to Christ.

Prayer...
I thank you Father for making my life a bundle of joy and happiness. Your joy in my heart is my strength, and with joy, I draw out prosperity, peace, success, health and other blessings from deep within me today, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Job 5:22
At destruction and famine thou shalt laugh: neither shalt thou be afraid of the beasts of the earth.

2 Chronicles 20:22
And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.

Isaiah 12:3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 3:1-21, Isaiah 19-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 1:14-23, 1 Kings 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:39am On Sep 27, 2015
Disconnected From The Past - Sunday, September 27th .

Pastor Chris

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).

When Jesus died, you died with Him; when He was buried, you were buried with Him; and when He resurrected, you also arose with Him into a newness of life. Your past was backdated to Calvary, and your new life started with the resurrection of Jesus Christ: "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life" (Romans 6:4).

Anyone who has received Christ is a new species of being that never existed before. The old man has been crucified with Christ but there's a new man with a new life in his place now. No wonder Colossians 3:10 says, "...put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." In Romans 7:6, the Apostle Paul, emphasizing our disconnection from the past and old ways of life, admonished that we serve God in the newness of spirit: "But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter."

It doesn't matter who you are, and what you've achieved; what counts with God is that you're born again and thus, have become a new creation in Christ Jesus: "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature" (Galatians 6:15).

Until a man is born again, he'll wander in darkness. He'll be affected and limited by his nationality, educational background, environment, earthly lineage, etc. But when you're born again, something new happens. Suddenly, you're brought into God's class of being. All of those factors cease to be the dominant factors of your life, because you now live by new principles of life; you have the nature of God, and live by His Word!

It doesn't matter what you were born with; it doesn't matter what infirmity your great-grand father had. If you're in Christ, you're severed from everything of the past; no more darkness! It makes no difference how terrible your entire life has been; you're in Christ now. Therefore, everything has changed! The past is gone. You have a new life. Walk with this consciousness!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the new life I've received in Christ. I'm a brand new species, with the life and nature of God in my spirit. I'm thus more than a conqueror; I live in dominion over Satan and this world, walking in righteousness, and in the liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 43:18-19
Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

James 1:18
Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 4:1-16, Isaiah 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 1:24-34, 1 Kings 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Sep 28, 2015
Invest Your Time In Spiritual Things - Monday, September 28th .

Pastor Chris

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil (Ephesians 5:15-16).

Time is an asset, which you must learn to invest wisely. Investing your time wisely means investing your time in spiritual things. Moses had this on his mind when he prayed to the Lord to "...Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom" (Psalm 90:12). Each day you live is an opportunity to accomplish so much, but the question is: How well do you schedule your day?

When you wake up in the morning, don't just roll off your bed and stumble blindly into the day. Spend quality time first to fellowship with the Holy Spirit in prayer and in the Word. Ask Him to guide you as you schedule your activities for the day and prioritize your daily activities. Ask Him to help you save time, and you'd discover how much you're able to accomplish for the Kingdom on a daily basis. Then, you'll become more productive, effective and progressive.

Remember that life's got no extra time; so, make every day count by doing only those things that'll advance the Kingdom of God, and improve your life. There're people who have desired for a long time to read the entire Bible in one year but haven't been able to achieve this. Some start but don't complete it. "I usually don't have enough time", they lament, trying to exonerate themselves, but that's not a good enough excuse. Time is a fixed asset; it's only twenty-four hours in one day; so we have to prioritize.

If you were wishing to have more time to study God's Word, the truth is, you may never get it. What you need is to create the time to study the Word, and schedule your prayer times as well, because your whole future depends on it. Proverbs 1:32-33 says, "For the turning away of the simple shall slay them...." The "simple" are those who ignore truth; they ignore revelation and never take spiritual things seriously. They know it's important to pray, but they're too busy to do so. God calls them the simple, and He says their complacent attitude shall make them victims in life.

Don't be like the simple, who would rather do other things than spend time on spiritual matters. Choose always to be spiritually alert so that when the "evil day" comes, it'll meet you well prepared and you'll know what to do.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the guidance of your Spirit in my life, and the wisdom that you impart to me each day. I'm continually yielded to the Lordship of your Word. Thus, my steps are ordered in victory, success, and excellence, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 33:10
The Lord bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect.

Psalm 90:12
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 4:17-5:1-2, Isaiah 25-26

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 1:35-42, 1 Kings 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:33am On Sep 29, 2015
Replenish And Subdue - Tuesday, September 29th .

Pastor Chris

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth (Genesis 1:28).

God made this world, and gave Adam the authority to run it. He placed all things under him, and gave him dominion, to be in charge of everything, living and non-living (Genesis 1:26). When He said to man, "Replenish the earth", the word "replenish" brings to mind some very important thoughts. The beautiful world God created had become a chaotic mass, and He blessed man and charged him to replenish it. To replenish means to refill, refurbish, replace, repair, or restore.

That means something had gone wrong; there was a devil out there who had ruined things, and man was given the opportunity and responsibility to fix it. That's the beautiful life to which we've been called in Christ: a life of dominion, authority, blessings, and control over the world in which we live. We're to tame this world and subdue it.

However, God didn't charge us to subdue one another, in the earth. What He wants from us concerning one another is to walk in love. 1 John 4:7-8 says, "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

As you walk in dominion and authority over the world and its elements, over the vagaries of nature, He says, "Love one another." Don't exert undue dominion over others because each one of us is made in the image and likeness of our heavenly Father.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the honour and privilege of the beautiful life I've been called into: a life of dominion, authority and blessings; a life of control over the world, the forces of nature and the elements of this world. I effectively reign over circumstances, to the glory and praise of your Name, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 8:26-27
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. 27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 5:3-21, Isaiah 27-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 1:43-51, 1 Kings 4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:36am On Sep 30, 2015
We're His Completeness - Wednesday, September 30th .

Pastor Chris

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the pre-eminence (Colossians 1:18).

Everything that comes out of God is God. In John 6:63, the Lord Jesus said, "...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." Everything that comes out of Him has His identity, power, and life in it. Think about it: even the words He speaks carry His life. Now, this doesn't mean everything that comes out of Him is His person, but that they carry His life. It's like the human body: every part of your body, no matter how small, has your DNA, but this doesn't mean every part of your body is you, per se. It's the totality of all the parts that make up your person.

In the same way, did you know that Jesus isn't complete without us? And by "us" I mean the Church. You may never have heard this before; but it's true. We're one with Him (1 Corinthians 6:17); it's the Father's grand design for Him to need us just as we need Him; He's our glory as we're His glory.

Ephesians 1:22-23 says, "And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all." He's the one who fills everything (Ephesians 4:10), yet His fullness is the Church, which is His body. We're His completeness, and we're complete in Him: "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" (Colossians 2:9-10).

This should help you understand your importance and relevance to Christ. You're "in Him", and He's "in you". Without you, He can't reach the hurting and the lost in the world. Through you, He's able to express His love to others on a daily basis, and establish His Kingdom in the hearts of men. You're His extension here on earth because you hail from Him. This makes you a world overcome because "...whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world..." (1 John 5:4).

Confession...
The nature and glory of Christ is in me; therefore, I have what He says I have and I can do what He says I can do. No circumstance or situation is insurmountable to me, because my victory is assured in Christ. I'm His glory just as He's my glory. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Colossians 2:10
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 5:22-6:9, Isaiah 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 2:1-11, 1 Kings 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:58am On Oct 01, 2015
Win First, In The Spirit - Thursday 1st October 2015

Pastor Chris

And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day (Genesis 32:24).

Before your victory shows on the outside, you need to win first in the spirit. We prevail first with God, before we prevail with men.
This readily brings to mind the picture of Jacob, when he wanted to return to his homeland with all that God had blessed him with. But then, he remembered there was a problem. He had cheated his brother several years before, which resulted in his seeking asylum in another land. And his brother, Esau, who had become a very strong man, vowed to take revenge against him. So, Jacob had every reason to be afraid.

When Esau heard that Jacob was coming home, he got this army ready to attack Jacob. Jacob knew he was in trouble and could lose everything, including his life, if he did nothing about the situation. So, he decided to “settle” the matter with God. He knew he’d have to prevail with God first, to prevail with his brother Esau. The Bible tells us that the angel of the Lord appeared to Jacob, and Jacob wrestled with the angel all night long (Genesis 32:24).

Now, there’re so many interpretations of that account, but the most significant thing about this experience that Jacob had with the Lord is the lesson on prayer: “And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.” The angel said, “Let me go, for the day breaketh.” But Jacob declared, “I will not let thee go, except thou bless me” (Genesis 32:26). This was Jacob, prevailing in prayer!

Hosea 12:3-5 says “ He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God: Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us; Even the LORD God of hosts; the LORD is his memorial.”
It was during this encounter that his name was changed to Israel, leading to a complete turnaround in his life. The angel said, “Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed” (Genesis 32:28). You see that? He prevailed with God.

Prevailing with God doesn’t mean forcing Him to do something; no. It’s winning first in the spirit! It’s when you continue in heartfelt intercession until you gain the victory in your spirit; seeing and apprehending your victory in the spirit. When you win first in the spirit, nothing in this world will be able to successfully stand against you.

PR
Prayer...
Dear Father, You’ve shown forth the splendour of Your right hand on my behalf! Your right hand upholds me and I’m lifted valiantly above circumstances, triumphing always, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Ephesians 6:10-24
Isaiah 31-32

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 2:12-25 1 Kings 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Oyinprince(m): 7:25am On Oct 01, 2015
Hallelujah! What a message to start the day with, once I prevail with God, every other thing is settled

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:34am On Oct 02, 2015
Get Rid Of Sin - Friday, October 2nd

Pastor Chris

If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me (Psalm 66:18).

Prevailing with God in prayer is sacrosanct, and it's really what you need. But you see, if you're going to prevail with God in prayer, and have results from Him, then before you begin such prayer —whether for yourself, somebody else, or about any situation— the first thing is to repent of your sins, peradventure you've not been living right.

There're different kinds of sins that people commit; for instance, it can be the sin of pride and arrogance; if you don't repent of them, you can't prevail with God. The same is applicable to any other kind of sin. You can't prevail with God in prayer, because that sin will be in your heart, and like David said, "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me" (Psalm 66:18).

Isaiah said, "Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear" (Isaiah 59:1-2).

Christianity is a walk in righteousness. You can't fellowship with God upon your sins; He's a just, righteous and holy God.
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous" (1 John 2:1).

You don't have to sin, but if you do, repent quickly, receive forgiveness and live right. 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." His Word is a cleanser; it sanctifies and purifies your heart of sin and all unrighteousness. Give yourself to the Word. His Word is the true light to guide you always in the path of righteousness.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I'm grateful for your love. You've purified my heart to walk with you in righteousness. My life is for your glory, and I walk worthy of you, pleasing you in all things, as I bear fruits of righteousness, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Colossians 3:5-6
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: 6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

Proverbs 12:28
In the way of righteousness is life: and in the pathway thereof there is no death.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 1:1-30, Isaiah 33-34

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 3:1-8, 1 Kings 7

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:05am On Oct 03, 2015
You Represent A Spiritual Kingdom - Saturday,
October 3rd

Pastor Chris

And set your minds {and} keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth (Colossians 3:2 AMP).

Do you realize that the Christian ministry is a spiritual ministry? Indeed, it is! The Kingdom of God is a spiritual Kingdom. The Lord Jesus said, "…My Kingdom is not of this world…" (John 18:36), which means He actually does have a Kingdom, except that it’s not of this world. By virtue of the new birth, we’ve become citizens of that spiritual kingdom of God.

This is the realm from which God expects you to function. This world isn’t your permanent home; you’re here only as a pilgrim. According to the Bible, we’re only going to be in this world for a season because one day, the whole earth will be replaced with another one (Revelations 21:1). Therefore, you must set your focus on those things that truly matter, and not on the transient pleasures of this present world. Colossians 3:2-4 says, "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory."

Until, and unless you come to that level in your life where Christ is your focus, you’ll be living an empty life. Let nothing else compete with your love for the Lord. Get to that point where your love for Jesus and attention on the expansion of His kingdom is all that matters to you.

Prayer...
Precious Father, I thank you for the privilege and honour of being a vital member of your spiritual Kingdom. Loving you and living for you is all that matters to me; and I declare my commitment to the expansion of the Kingdom, as I propagate the Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Galatians 2:20;
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Philippians 3:20 (GNB): We, however, are citizens of heaven, and we eagerly wait for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from heaven.

1 - Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:1-18 Isaiah 35-37

2 - Year Bible Reading plan : John 3:9-21 1 Kings 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:01am On Oct 04, 2015
The Significance Of His Death - Sunday, October 4th .

Pastor Chris

After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come (1 Corinthians 11:25-26).

The Apostle Paul, by the Spirit, captures for us the words of Jesus the night He was betrayed. Notice what the 26th verse of our opening scripture says: "For as often as you eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do SHEW the Lord's death till he come". The underlined word is the Greek "kataggello", which means to proclaim, declare, and make known; to testify! As often as you take the Holy Communion, you're announcing, proclaiming, declaring, and making known the Lord's death. What's the benefit of this?

First is the significance of His blood that He shed for us, which we'll forever talk about. That's the blood that purges you, cleanses you, and speaks for you when anything goes wrong. 1 John 2:2 says, "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." His blood was divine; that's the blood that reconciled us to God and by which we've received eternal life. By His blood, we've been justified and saved from wrath (Romans 5:9). Blessed be God!

When we talk about His blood, we're actually referring to His death. He made a new will —the New Testament. And a will is of no effect until the testator dies. So, we proclaim His death, because we know God raised Him from the dead, that we might live. His death is the testimony of the will that has been ratified, by which we've received all the Abrahamic blessings.

Stand strong in your faith in the blood of Jesus. Through Him, not only have we obtained remission of sins, we've also received justification by His resurrection from the dead. Man's salvation was granted on the basis of His shed blood. Our faith in His resurrection is an absolute faith and declaration of His death: for if there were no death, there would have been no resurrection.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I'm forever grateful for the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed for me, and through which I've been reconciled to you and now have eternal life. That blood purges, cleanses me from all unrighteousness, and speaks glorious things on my behalf. Every time I take the communion, I announce, declare, and proclaim the Lord's death, which has ushered me into the divine life of unending victory, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Further Study: || Matthew 26:26-28 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

1 Corinthians 10:16
The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:19-3:1-11, Isaiah 38-39

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 3:22-36, 1 Kings 9

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 296
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.