Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,718 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249578 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:28am On Oct 05, 2015
Our Righteousness Is From Him - Monday, October 5th .

Pastor Chris

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD (Isaiah 54:17).

Your righteousness is from the Lord. This is what Paul referenced when He said in Philippians 3:9: "And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith." So, if for instance, you stand against the devil and he says, "I know you; you're not righteous; you can't cast me out"; all you need say to him is, "Shut up devil! I'm the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus! Get out, in Jesus' Name!"

However, if you're ignorant of this truth, the devil could deceive you, and even go as far as threatening you, because you don't know what you have. Know who you are and what you have. You're the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Paul said, "I don't want to be found with my own righteousness; my righteousness doesn't count; I want His righteousness!" That's what we read in Philippians 3:9.

It's His righteousness that matters; and that's what you have. Glory to God! Your own human righteousness, which is based on your human perfection, is as filthy rags: "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags..." (Isaiah 64:6).

Did you see that? You don't need your own righteousness; embrace His righteousness. Oh! Thanks be unto God for His righteousness! He paid the price: "For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:17).
Righteousness isn't something you work for; it's a gift from God. Being born again, you've been justified freely in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:24); you've received God's righteousness. Glory to His Name forever!

prayer...
Dear Father, my confidence is in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on my behalf, through which I have been made righteous. Now, I can stand boldly before you, in love and fellowship, without guilt, condemnation, or inferiority! By grace, and through the gift of righteousness that I've received, I rule and reign over the devil and circumstances, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Ephesians 2:5
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 3:12-4:1-3, Isaiah 40-41

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 4:1-9, 1 Kings 10-11

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On Oct 06, 2015
Shun The Love of Money - Tuesday, October 6th .

Pastor Chris

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows (1 Timothy 6:10).

As a Christian, it's important for you to understand who you really are. You're not of this world. In the world today, there're many who, against their conscience, will do anything for money. This happens in different forms in many societies, and it may seem normal, but it's wrong.

You're different. When others are running after money and doing terrible and inordinate things for money, seek the wisdom of God: "Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold" (Proverbs 8:10). Go for wisdom! Don't let money be your motivation. Money is a tool. If you function in divine wisdom, money will come to you, because money responds to wisdom.

The Word says, "the love of money...", not "the abundance of it", is the root of all evil. Someone can be poor and love money. How do you know you love money? It's determined by how much you or your actions are controlled by money; the desire for it or the lack of it. When someone is willing to do the wrong thing because of money, he's being driven by the love of money that God warns against.

Don't be unjust because of money. Don't deny others what rightfully belongs to them because of your desire to amass more for yourself. The Bible lets us know that true prosperity will elude those who pursue money instead of seeking God's Kingdom and His righteousness.

Maintain a good conscience. It's not what you have in the bank that counts; it's who you are on the inside that really counts. So, consistently develop your personality through the Word. Work on "being", and not on "having", for with who you are, you'll have.

Prayer...
Precious Father, you hold success in store for the upright; and you're a shield to those whose walk is blameless. I'm prosperous and successful in all things, because you're with me; I'm guided by your wisdom, and your infallible truths are my delight and meditation! Thus, I have all that I require for a joyous, successful, and victorious life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 3:13-15
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. 14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. 15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

Hebrews 13:5 AMP
Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 4:4-23, Isaiah 42-43

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 4:10-18, 1 Kings 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:33am On Oct 07, 2015
Give Him True Worship - Wednesday, October 7th .

Pastor Chris

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him (John 4:23).

There's something about love; love for God; it makes a worshipper out of you. Love makes you a worshipper, not just a singer. God is not looking for "singers"; He's looking for true worshippers. There's a great difference between a worshipper and a singer. The Bible does tell us about the singers in Israel, but lets us know that David was a worshipper.

Some Christians believe God made them "prayer warriors", and they're wrong, because true worshippers are what He seeks; not "prayer warriors". If they'd become worshippers, they won't need to "war" in prayers. What are they "warring" against in the first place? Is it Satan? He's been defeated. Could it be the world? Jesus said, "I have overcome the world"; and He did it for us.

Perhaps, they're "warring" against the flesh then; but that's also pointless, because Galatians 5:24 says, "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts". When you know this, you won't need to "war" in prayers; you'll rather worship the Lord from your heart —in spirit and in truth— for who He is and for all He's done.

Worship creates the atmosphere for the divine touch of the Spirit in your life. He didn't tell us to worship Him so we could get "something" from Him, or so He could take some glory out of it; no. He wants us to worship Him because when we do, our spiritual eyes are opened to behold His glory.
At that point, you forget about yourself because He's the only One who matters. His glory mantles your entire being and you're transformed in His presence, and lifted to higher levels! The world just seems to melt away; all you see is the Lord as you're absorbed in His love. So, give Him true worship today, and walk in the Word in continual victory.

Prayer...
Dear Father, you've made my life so beautiful; you've crowned me with your glory and filled me with your wisdom, righteousness, mercies and grace. For these, O Lord, I worship you; for you alone are God. You're exalted above the heavens, and your glory is upon my life, and revealed in all the earth. All honour, majesty and power are yours now and forever, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Philippians 3:3
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Hebrews 13:15
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Psalm 29:2
Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 1:1-23, Isaiah 44-45

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 4:19-29, 1 Kings 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:43am On Oct 09, 2015
Don’t “Fight” Anyone - Friday, October 9th .

Pastor Chris

Then Ahab brought it into the open: Will you join me in attacking Ramoth Gilead? Jehoshaphat said, You bet. I’m with you all the way; you can count on me and my troops. Then Jehoshaphat said, But before you do anything, ask GOD for guidance (2 Chronicles 18:3-4 MSG).

The fight of faith is the only legitimate fight for the believer; and it’s not a fight with people. So, never fight or get into strife with anyone over anything. Fighting with people is a wrong fight. Sometimes, it might seem just to “fight” for something or a cause, but seek the Lord’s guidance.

For example, King Ahab was ready to fight hard to reclaim a land he believed rightfully belonged to him, and requested Jehoshaphat, King of Judah, to go with him to the battle. However, Jehoshaphat responded to him wisely and said, “…before you do anything, ask GOD for guidance.”

If you think you’ve been defrauded or cheated by a fellow brother or sister, as you resolve to take up the matter, remember the scriptures. 1 Corinthians 6:7 says, “Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do you not rather take wrong? Why do you not rather suffer yourself to be defrauded?” Live the higher life; don’t strive with people. Like Ahab, many people fight for different “Ramothgileads” today, without listening to the Lord. Don’t function that way.

The Lord has already established you on the Rock, Christ Jesus, and no weapon fashioned against you can prosper. It doesn’t matter who’s against you; they can’t take away from you that which God has given you. You’re not like everybody else. You’re different, and can never be disadvantaged.

Consider Abraham: when he had what could have been a land dispute with his nephew, Lot, he resolved it without any altercation. Abraham, with a heavenly consciousness, said to his nephew, “...let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren” (Genesis 13:8 ). That’s the way heavenly men talk. They don’t think they might have a disadvantage. That’s the way you should think, and when you do, you wouldn’t need to fight anyone for anything.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, and the Holy Spirit that guides me in the path of truth and your perfect will always. I’m confident that my desires are established, because they’re in accordance to your will, and all things will always work together for my good, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 12:18
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 2:6-23, Isaiah 48-49

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 4:43-54, 1 Kings 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:55am On Oct 10, 2015
Have A Simplicity To Your Life - Saturday, October 10th .

Pastor Chris

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee (Hebrews 13:5).

There’s something every child of God needs to understand: we’re not all at the same level at the same time. At a point in time, there may be things someone else can afford that you may not be able to afford at that stage of your life. There’s no need to keep fighting yourself and trying by all means to get those things. Have a simplicity to your life. Never stretch yourself to do things that are actually “beyond you” at the moment, just because you want to identify with a certain group.

For example, there’re people who want their children to be in certain schools just for the simple reason that they want to “measure up”; meanwhile, they may not be able to afford the fees at the time. They put themselves under undue pressure, struggling to keep up, just to be like someone else. Don’t stretch yourself too thin financially, because you’re doing things you shouldn’t be doing at the moment. That’s not so wise. Don’t place yourself under that kind of pressure. Make your life easier.

If you want to measure your life by looking at others, you could be frustrated. Follow the guidance of God’s Spirit. There’s a time for everything; what you may not be able to afford today, leave it for next time. Be content with what you have.

The word, “conversation” in our opening verse actually means “manner of life,” or “way of life.” Don’t indulge in an extravagant lifestyle just because you want others to think “you’ve arrived.” Be modest. Don’t crave something that belongs to other people, because God can do for you whatever you require Him to do for you. He’s your satisfaction. Have faith in Him; trust Him, and your life will be glorious.

Confession...
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits! He’s crowned me with loving-kindness and tender mercies; and satisfied me with good things! My life is free of struggles, because the Lord is my satisfaction! He’s all I crave, and I’m guided and propelled by His wisdom always. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Timothy 6:6
But godliness with contentment is great gain.

Luke 12:15
And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 3:1-4:1, Isaiah 50-51

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 5:1-9, 1 Kings 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:13am On Oct 11, 2015
Knowledge Makes The Difference - Sunday, October 11th .

Pastor Chris

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee… (Hosea 4:6).

Many years ago, Malaria was dreaded as a deadly disease, because it was said to have no cure. If somebody contracted it, it was like a death sentence. Many missionaries from Europe who came to Africa contracted it, and didn’t survive. But because man discovered the cure, when one is infected with Malaria, it’s no longer dreaded as a terminal ailment. It was the same with Tuberculosis: those who were infected had to be quarantined or ostracized. But when man discovered the cure, it ended the fear of Tuberculosis.

Man fears what he has no knowledge of. Once he understands it, the fear is gone. The mystery is taken away once knowledge arrives. It’s the same thing with the matters of faith. When we don’t understand how to apply our faith in a given situation, we become skeptical, judgmental, afraid, and unbelieving. But once we understand how it works, the confusion is removed, the mystery is taken away.

All you need is the knowledge of God’s Word so you can put the Word to work. Once you have the accurate knowledge of the Word, nothing in this life will mystify or discomfit you; no matter what the problem is, you just know that you’ll come out victoriously.

Those who don’t know the Word are the ones who get overwhelmed by trouble and defeated by the crises of life. Get to know the Word. Have an insatiable appetite for God’s Word. Hosea 6:3 says, “Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord….” Getting the knowledge of God’s Word is one of the most important things you can do for yourself; that’s what will put you over in life, and keep you on the offensive, against the adversary.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for filling me with the knowledge of your Word in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. Nothing is a mystery to me, because as I meditate on your Word, the Holy Spirit unveils spiritual realities to me, enlightening the eyes of my understanding to know and apprehend my inheritance in Christ! I live triumphantly because I live by the knowledge of your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Peter 1:2-3
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Proverbs 11:9
An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 4:2-18, Isaiah 52-53

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 5:10-18, 1 Kings 17-18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:40am On Oct 12, 2015
Transmit The Right Thoughts - Monday, October 12th .

Pastor Chris

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there 6be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:8 ).

Thoughts are powerful. Your thoughts release signals. Have you ever observed that while you may be thinking about something or someone, that person starts thinking about you and possibly shows up? At other times, you may be thinking about calling someone on the phone, and that person starts thinking of hearing from you, or calling you. And sometimes, you could be thinking about a particular thing, even though you’ve not said anything about it, someone near you starts thinking the same thing.

Now if you understand the spirituality of this and the science behind it, you’ll be amazed and become more careful about the thoughts you allow. Don’t allow just any thought in your mind, because thoughts can be transmitted. We all transmit thoughts, and sometimes, we can transmit thoughts into our environment that eventually affect us negatively.

For example, your room could retain your thoughts. Remember, everything in life has intelligence. The things in your room have memory; they receive information from you; and whatever they get from you can remain in the room. You might have heard the term “Walls have ears”; it’s a literal truth, a scientific truth, as well as a proverb. So, in releasing the thoughts on your mind, be very careful because you make something happen; it could either be what you want or what you don’t want. Sure enough, whatever you make happen will be consistent with your state of mind—your thoughts.

Always, the Lord says to us, “Fear not!” It’s because if you allow thoughts of fear, they’ll affect you negatively and cripple your faith; fear will stop the power of God from flowing in your direction. So, discipline your mind and use it correctly. Think happy and excellent thoughts. When negative thoughts come to you—thoughts of discomfort, frustration, depression, anger, lack, etc.—refuse them! Say, “No!” Then, utter words of faith, gratitude, and praise to the Lord instead.

You can use your mind to channel good things in your direction, and prevent the wrong things from happening. Study our opening verse again and meditate on the kind of thoughts you should have and transmit.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that has the ability to produce your thoughts in me—thoughts of abundance, strength, victory, success, faith and the good life. As I study and meditate on your Word, my mind is renewed, transformed and metamorphosed; positioned for the higher life of success, glory and unending victory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Proverbs 4:23
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Thessalonians 1-2:1-16, Isaiah 54-56

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 5:19-27, 1 Kings 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:48am On Oct 13, 2015
Think About The Harvest! - Tuesday, October 13th .

Pastor Chris

And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred (Mark 4:8 ).

When you give to the Lord, don’t do so with the mentality of lack or loss; don’t get in the flesh by “calculating” what’s left over. For instance, if you had ten thousand dollars, and wanted to give God two thousand dollars, don’t start thinking, “But I’ll only have eight thousand dollars left, which might not be enough for all my other expenses!” That’s not kingdom consciousness! Such mentality could hinder your harvest. You should rather ask yourself, “What’s the promise on these two thousand dollars that I’m about to give?”

You could have a thirty-fold return, a sixty-fold return, or a hundred-fold return! So, what you should be thinking about is the harvest. If you had ten, and gave two to the Lord, thirty-fold of that will be sixty. So, that’s sixty, including the extra eight that you still have with you, making sixty-eight! That should be your mentality. That way, you set into motion the miracle-working power of God for a great harvest. It’s a mentality; train yourself in it; be positive and expectant when you give to the Lord.

Interestingly, the promise of a thirty-fold harvest is the least: there’s the sixty, as well as the hundred-fold harvest; it depends on which one your faith can go for. Imagine if you got the sixty-fold return, the total is one hundred and twenty-eight! What about the hundred-fold return? That’ll be two hundred and eight—on the two that you gave, out of ten.

Someone might wonder, “What kind of calculation is that?” It’s Kingdom Mathematics! It’s a mystery to the people of the world, but in the Kingdom, it’s something real and practicable. So, when next you give an offering or a seed to the Lord, do it with Kingdom-consciousness, knowing that you play by a different set of rules.

Think about the promise on your giving. Moreover, there’s a lot more than the immediate financial result. There’re other blessings that God causes to take place in your life that are way beyond money.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for showing me how to experience increase on every side. I have mighty harvests of blessings and miracles today. You’ve made all grace available to me, to have all sufficiency in all things, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 9:6-8
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:1-13, Isaiah 57-58

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 5:28-32, 1 Kings 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:26am On Oct 14, 2015
Born Into His Glory - Wednesday, October 14th .

Pastor Chris

And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people (Exodus 13:21-22).

When the children of Israel came out of Egypt, they carried their own atmosphere with them. As they journeyed in the wilderness for forty years, the heat didn’t scorch them by day; neither did they freeze to death in the biting cold at night. At night, they were canopied by a pillar of fire that kept them warm, while a pillar of cloud was present during the day to keep the heat away. That was extraordinary!

The Holy Spirit made this possible for them, and He does the same for us today. When you were born again, you were born into God’s glory, God’s Spiritual clouds; you live there now.

The Bible says, “…if any man be IN CHRIST…” (2 Corinthians 5:17); that’s the place; it’s the environment of glory! Christ is a place and also a person. In Him (Christ), you’ve arrived; you’re at home! Your joy and satisfaction overflow. When you face challenges, others can’t help but wonder how you walk through unscathed. They’re dazzled by how you could be happy, at peace, joyful and exuberant with praise to the Lord in the midst of adversity. It’s because you’re “in Christ”; it’s a peculiar environment, where your joy is independent of circumstances. Blessed be God!

Confession...
I’m a new creation in Christ Jesus, born from above, with the life and nature of the Father. I’m the image and icon of the resurrected Christ; therefore, I live the heavenly life here on earth. I manifest His love, kindness, glory, perfections and graces everywhere, saturating the world with His glory! Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Nehemiah 9:12
Moreover thou leddest them in the day by a cloudy pillar; and in the night by a pillar of fire, to give them light in the way wherein they should go.

1 Corinthians 10:1-4
Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Thessalonians 4:1-18, Isaiah 59-60

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 5:33-47, 1 Kings 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:19am On Oct 15, 2015
Greatness Is Your Heritage - Thursday, October 15th .

Pastor Chris

And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise (Galatians 3:29).

God told Abraham, “…Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing” (Genesis 12:1-2). And Hebrews 11:8 tells us that “By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out….” Abraham obeyed God and inherited the promise!
The promise wasn’t only to Abraham, but to him and his seed, and Christ is that seed. If you belong to Christ, you’re Abraham’s seed and therefore, an heir according to the promise. When you were born again, the seed of greatness was implanted in you—in your spirit. Greatness is your heritage.

It’s like what a lot of people say today about the Jews; they’re inarguably the most successful people on the face of the earth, and that’s a fact. The reason they’re that successful isn’t farfetched; it has to do with who they are; their origin. They’re mindful of their connection to the Abrahamic covenant. The average Jew is conscious of God’s promise to them as a people, and therefore has the mentality that “Come what may, I’m going to be successful.”
Yet, the Bible tells us, “For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly…But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly...” (Romans 2:28-29). That tells you something: The Church is the real chosen breed. Everything that was promised to the Jews of the Old Covenant, and much more, was given to us—the new creation.

The New Testament that we’re a part of is established upon better promises (Hebrews 8:6). So, unlike the children of Israel, whose greatness was preconditioned on their obedience to the Law, we, the new creation in Christ were born great; it’s our heritage in Christ.

Confession...
I belong to Christ; therefore I am Abraham’s seed and an heir according to the promise. The seed of greatness is in my spirit. My life is the testimony of God’s wisdom and righteousness! Christ is exalted and glorified in me today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Genesis 15:5
And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

2 Corinthians 5:7
(For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-28, Isaiah 61-63

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:1-14, 1 Kings 22

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:39am On Oct 16, 2015
"Updated" With The Word · Friday, October 16th

Pastor Chris

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).

The Bible says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16-17). Let me briefly explain the underlined word, "perfect." In the New Testament, there’re several words translated from different Greek words rendered "perfect." This particular one is translated from the word "artios," which actually means "a freshness in completeness."

For instance, you can say, "completely fresh" or "complete now afresh"; both expressions are akin to the word "updated." It’s like when you say in computer parlance, "I have the latest update or version" of a certain application or software. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 is saying that the Christian, through the Scriptures, would have his life "updated" and upgraded all the time. He’d have the latest spiritual information and be in sync with the Spirit, all the time.

Christians who aren’t given to the study of the Word aren’t updated; they’re "old version" Christians. The King James uses the term "perfect," but it means "perfect now"; "fresh," as in right now. The "updated" Christian is the one that’s thoroughly furnished unto all good works, because his knowledge is "complete." In Matthew 13:52, we read that "…every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old."

The "updated" Christian brings out of his treasury both new and old; he’s got the updated and newest information, plus all the old information! God expects you to continually increase your knowledge and understanding of the Word, because "…he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

The underlined clause doesn’t mean looking for God in the literal sense; it means studying the Word to know and discover more about Him. The more you study the Word, the more you discover His nature, and He’ll manifest Himself to you in increasing glory.

Prayer...
Your Word O Lord, is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path! Through your Word, my faith is strengthened and my life is upgraded! The eyes of my understanding are enlightened, and my mind is renewed and elevated to think at your level, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
hosea 6:3
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

1 timothy 4:15-16
15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. note

16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

1 year bible reading plan : 2 thessalonians 1:1-12 Isaiah 64-66

2 year bible reading plan : John 6:15-21 2 Kings 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Oct 17, 2015
Hold Yourself In! - Saturday, October 17th

Pastor Chris

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance… (2 Peter 1:5-6).

"Temperance" is from the Greek word, "egkrateia," which means self-control; the ability to hold oneself in; self-restraint. This is connected to every area of your life, as a child of God, and the beautiful thing is that you don’t have to pray to God to grant you the ability for self-control; it’s one of the fruits of the recreated human spirit.

Our opening scripture clearly lets you know that you’re not "deficient" of self-control, because it uses the verb, "add"; it says you should add temperance to knowledge. You couldn’t add it if you didn’t have it! It’s in your spirit! When a Christian says, "I don’t know why I can’t control myself," he or she has refused to accept the truth of God’s Word. When you received Christ into your life, your spirit was enabled with selfcontrol. Therefore, you must learn to take charge of your life from your spirit!

The Bible says, "He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls" (Proverbs 25:28). Refuse to allow anything get you agitated, fretful or aggravated! Learn the value of patience. In a situation where those around expect you to get into a rage, hold yourself in! Exercise selfrestraint. You can so rule over your spirit that when you’re provoked, you suddenly put up a smile and remain calm.

What if there’re addictions you want to get rid of? Temperance is in you to overcome addictions. The Bible says, "For sin shall not have dominion over you..." (Romans 6:14). Tell yourself, "I won’t do this thing, because sin can’t lord it over me." Don’t talk to the addictions, talk to yourself; talk to your own spirit. That way, you’ll free yourself from anything that’s of the flesh, because you have control from within.

Confession...
I’m not subject to worldly desires, because I have power over sin! I’m temperate, dignified, sound in faith, with my spirit, soul, and body yielded to the Lord as instruments of righteousness for His glory. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 9:27
But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

romans 13:14
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 thessalonians 2:1-17 Jeremiah 1-2

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:22-29 2 Kings 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:32am On Oct 18, 2015
A Spirit Of Prayer - Sunday, October 18th .

Pastor Chris

Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

There’s such a thing as a “spirit of prayer”; and by this I’m not describing necessarily a certain angel or spirit whose name is called “prayer”; no. I’m talking about when the Holy Spirit brings an overwhelming atmosphere and influence of prayer into your life such that the urge and need to pray is so uncontrollable that you can’t but pray. That unction rests on you and influences you over a period of time. Prayer becomes all that you think about, and that influence can stay on you for months, a year, or even longer.

This isn’t just something that happens when God chooses to; it’s what you invite, by desire. The Bible says He satisfies the thirsty soul (Psalm 107:9). So, when you’re thirsty for Him, and you begin that fellowship of prayer, it won’t be long before that “spirit of prayer” comes on you, creating a passion and an overwhelming urge for intercession in you. You’d find that you’re constantly praying. Every now and then, the Spirit will draw your heart to His thinking—His motivations, visions, plans and purpose—expressing Himself through you in prayer. How important that is!

During the period that the Holy Spirit does this in you and through you, you’ll just know that something is about to be unleashed; something is about to be birthed.

Glory to God! So, invite that spirit of prayer by plunging yourself into Him; by your strong desire; and effect changes in your life, and in the lives of others.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I open my heart to you today, to your grace and your love, in fellowship! I trust you to guide and lead me to excel in all things, in faith, knowledge, wisdom, and in all earnestness, and in my love for you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 18:1
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Luke 11:9
And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Thessalonians 3:1-18, Jeremiah 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:30-40, 2 Kings 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:29am On Oct 19, 2015
Have A Strong Desire For Him - Monday, October 19th .

Pastor Chris

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the LORD…(Jeremiah 29:13-14).

Jesus said in Matthew 7:7, “…seek, and ye shall find....” As a child of God, you have to have a strong desire for Him. That’s what He’s talking about in our opening verse; He said, “And ye shall seek me, and find me….” Seeking God doesn’t mean He’s missing, or that you’re looking for Him somewhere; it refers to a strong desire God, for His presence; a strong desire to have fellowship with Him.

This is something that must be evident in your life as a Christian; a strong desire for the Lord, His Word, and His influence in your life. When you have it, you can easily influence those around you with it.

So, cultivate it. It doesn’t come by itself. God’s part is to stir your mind towards it. But it’s your responsibility to maintain your zeal, love and passion for Him to a boiling point. He’ll always call your attention because He loves you and He wants to fellowship with you.

Even now, He’s calling your attention to a greater and higher walk with Him. That’s what He desires, and He knows you want the same thing. So, all you have to do is say “Yes” to Him, and act accordingly. That strong desire will make you an intercessor.

There’re Christians who say well, “The problem is that I’m very lazy to pray.” This has nothing to do with being strong or lazy to pray. It’s a matter of a burden. If you have something that troubles you, you’ll surely want to pray about it. When you really want something, and you know the situation is such that only God can fix, it’ll create a strong desire in your heart to seek Him.

However, you don’t have to wait until you’re in a fix. Be like David who, inspired by a strong desire for the Lord, declared “O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is” (Psalm 63:1).

Prayer...
As the deer pants after the water brooks, so pants my soul after you, O God. You’re my life, my joy, and my satisfaction! In you I’m complete! Thank you for your glory that fills my heart, and your love that overwhelms my soul! I live for you today, and always to do your will and bring you glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Colossians 4:2
Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

Psalm 63:8
My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 1:1-20, Jeremiah 5-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:41-51, 2 Kings 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:09am On Oct 20, 2015
You're Divinely Protected - Tuesday, October 20th

Pastor Chris

And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them (2 Kings 6:16).

There’s a very inspiring story in 2 Kings Chapter 6. The King of Syria wanted Elisha, a prophet of God, arrested. The Bible says, “Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about” (2 Kings 6:14). When Elisha’s servant woke up, he discovered that he and Elisha were completely surrounded, and he became terrified: “…Alas, my master! how shall we do?” (2 Kings 6:15). He lamented!

This was supposed to be a time of panic and trepidation; but Elisha, being a man of the Spirit, said to his servant, “…Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them” (2 Kings 6:16). How inspiring! He saw soldiers on horses and chariots, bearing weapons, yet he was unperturbed. He knew that the heavenly soldiers protecting him were far more than those that were sent to arrest him; he was conscious of his divine protection.

However, his servant was yet to come to that level of spiritual understanding. So, Elisha prayed and said, “... LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha” (2 Kings 6:17). The young man didn’t know that he and his master were divinely protected by unseen multitude of angels. But thanks be unto God, his master knew better!

Just like Elisha, you should be mindful of your divine protection always, because “As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever” (Psalm 125:2). So, fear not! When the enemy shall come against you, like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him (Isaiah 59:19). No wonder He says, “There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone” (Psalm 91:10-12).

Prayer...
Precious Father, I thank You for the multitude of angels You’ve dispatched to watch over me. There shall no evil befall me or my loved ones, neither shall any plague come near my dwelling. I’m protected in my going out and in my coming in, because I dwell in Your secret place. I walk in Your glory and divine protection today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 43:1
But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Psalm 34:7
The angel of the Lord encamped round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 2:1-15, Jeremiah 7-8

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:52-60, 2 Kings 6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:52am On Oct 22, 2015
You Must Go To Church! - Thursday, October 22nd .

Pastor Chris

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which IS THE CHURCH OF THE LIVING GOD, THE PILLAR AND GROUND OF THE TRUTH (1 Timothy 3:15).

You may ask some people, “Do you believe in Jesus Christ?” and they’ll say, “Yes”; but surprisingly, they don’t go to church! Of course, they’ve got a lot of excuses. Some would say they just don’t believe in any church, while some others say there’re different kinds of churches and so, they don’t want to get confused. There’re also those who stopped going to church because they were offended. However, there can be no excuse good enough to justify not going to church.

Fellowshipping with other believers is a crucial part of your walk with the Lord. It must be a priority. Our opening verse says, "…the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth." It’s letting you know the ministry of the Holy Spirit that takes place in the church. Your being in church makes it possible for the Holy Spirit to bring knowledge, understanding, and sound judgment to your life.
I feel sorry for anyone who thinks going to church isn’t important.

David said, “Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word” (Psalm 119:67). For many Christians, before they were afflicted in their jobs, their health, and other areas of their lives, they went astray from the church. And they don’t get to correct their mistakes; they haven’t realized the problem. In the latter part of the verse, David said, “…but now have I kept thy word.” He corrected himself. The Holy Spirit is the Lord of the Church; in Him you’re separated from affliction.

Jesus said, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32). If you don’t go to church, how are you going to learn the Word of God, the truth? If you understand this, you’d be ready to quit any job that prevents you from going to church. The church is the ground and pillar of truth; never forget it!

Prayer...
Dear Father, my spirit is open to receive instruction and wisdom each time I come under the influence and ministry of the Word in church. I’m growing in Christ to be a perfect man, attaining to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. Thank you for teaching me the importance of going to church and being in the environment of faith, where I’m trained to be more effective in the work of the Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Acts 2:42
And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 4:1-16, Jeremiah 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 7:1-10, 2 Kings 9

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:16am On Oct 23, 2015
The Glory Of Our Kingdom · Friday, October 23rd

Pastor Chris

This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him (John 2:11).

Glory is that which inspires, produces or causes honour. If you give honour, admiration, and respect to someone because of something that happened, that thing had glory, because it inspired you to honour that fellow. For example, when someone says, "That meeting was glorious," what exactly made it glorious? It was glorious because we were inspired to honour, reverence, praise, and worship the Lord; thus, revealing the glory of His Kingdom.

Our opening verse tells us, "This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him." When the people saw what Jesus did—when he turned water to wine—they were amazed; they trusted, honoured, and revered Him. The Bible says His disciples believed on Him.

Psalm 145:11-12 says, "They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power; To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom." That’s talking about the splendour or beauty of God’s Kingdom that we’ve become a part of; it’s a kingdom where sickness, defeat, failure and death aren’t real!

Think about the children of Israel and the promises God made to them! He told them they’d never be defeated by their adversaries. He said to them "I’ll take sickness and diseases away from you (Exodus 15:25-26). Then, in Psalm 91:16 He told them, "With long life will I satisfy you." All these and several other blessings in the Old Testament were addressed to the children of Israel. Now, imagine the glory we’ve been called into as new creations, living in the Kingdom of His dear Son!

The Bible says we obtained a better covenant, established upon better promises (Hebrews 8:6). Think about that! The glory of the New Testament, of our spiritual Kingdom, is the more excellent glory; it supersedes what the children of Israel experienced: "...For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious" (2 Corinthians 3:10-11).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your glory that’s seen in, and revealed through me. I set forth your wonderful deeds, and display your virtues and perfections always and in every place! I experience and manifest your prosperity, grace, wisdom and righteousness in an everincreasing measure, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Peter 2:9;
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

1 Peter 1:11
Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 timothy 5:1-25 Jeremiah 13-14

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: John 7:11-19 2 Kings 10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:07am On Oct 24, 2015
He’s The Limit-breaker! - Saturday, October 24th .

Pastor Chris

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

It’s important that you know, and take advantage of the ministry of the Holy Spirit in your life as a Christian. Without the Holy Spirit, all you can do is what man can do; in other words, you’ll be limited. With Him, all things are possible! Your potentials are limitless, because you’re sufficient in His sufficiency.

When the Bible says, “With God all things are possible,” it’s not necessarily telling us that God can do all things; that’s not news. If there’s a God in heaven, then He must be omnipotent and be able to do all things; that’s to be expected. Therefore, when it says with God all things are possible, it’s about who is with you or in you. If God is with you, anything is possible.

Having received the Holy Spirit, you’re that man or woman in whom God dwells; therefore, you’re invincible, with limitless potentials and ability. This consciousness is what inspired Paul to say, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me” (Philippians 4:13). Have the “I-can-do” mentality. You may look small; but with the Holy Spirit, you’re bigger than the world! Refuse to be limited by anything, including money. The Bible doesn’t say, “With money all things are possible.” It says, “With God….”

Does He live in you? That’s what is important! If you’d yield to the Spirit and follow His wisdom and guidance, you’ll never be in a fix, stranded, or helpless in life. Recall the experience of Peter and John at the gate of the temple calledBeautiful. He said to the crippled man, “...Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee…” (Acts 3:6). Peter knew he wasn’t limited. He knew he had something greater than money!
Never measure your life by money or by earthly parameters. The One who lives in you makes all things possible for you; He’s the limit-breaker.

Confession...
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! I’ve been endued with power from on high, to win and reign in life as a king. I’m more than a conqueror, because greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world! My life is for the glory of God!

Further Study:
Ephesians 3:20
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Mark 9:23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 6:1-21, Jeremiah 15-16

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 7:20-31, 2 Kings 11-12

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:29am On Oct 26, 2015
The Word In You—An Inside Force! - Monday, October 26th .

Pastor Chris

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves (James 1:22).

The Word of God wasn’t given to us just to reveal some things to us about God; the Word of God was given to us to live by. Some people only believe the Word; but “believing” isn’t enough; you believe and then act accordingly! You haven’t really believed the Word if you weren’t compelled to act accordingly, because when you believe, you’re compelled to action. We believe to do! We don’t believe the Word for nothing.

In the Old Testament, they were told to obey the Word of God. In the New Testament, we don’t obey the Word of God; we do the Word of God! There’s a big difference between the two. In the Old Testament, the Word was to them an outside force. In the New Testament, it’s an inside force. The Word lives in us today; we’re born of the Word, and thus one with the Word. No wonder we’re called “the epistles” of Christ (2 Corinthians 3:3).

Let me explain something else about the Word that’s so powerful, and it’s important that you catch it: You might have heard the term “You’re what you eat!” What that means is that whatever you feed on goes into your body, and becomes a part of your system. In other words, when you eat physical food, it goes into your system, becomes one with your body and does its work, building it and causing growth and maintenance.

In the same vein, when you “eat” the Word, through study and meditation, the Word goes into your system and becomes one with your spirit! You become the “Word” that you eat. That “Word” becomes a force—an energy—that propels you to act accordingly.

The Word in you will regulate your thoughts and actions, and cause you to walk in righteousness. Acts 20:32 says the Word is able to build you up.

Prayer...
The Word of God is my life and my sustenance; I’m growing steadily by the Word into a mature man in Christ, courageous and bold to fulfil the call of God and live triumphantly for Christ! My spirit, soul and every fibre of my being are fully inundated with the living Word of God and I’m led always in victory and triumph, being kept, preserved and nourished by the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Peter 2:2 AMP
Like newborn babies you should crave (thirst for, earnestly desire) the pure (unadulterated) spiritual milk, that by it you may be nurtured and grow unto [completed] salvation,

2 Corinthians 3:1-3
Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you? 2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: 3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 2:1-26, Jeremiah 19-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 7:45-53, 2 Kings 15-16

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:49am On Oct 27, 2015
There’s Hope For You - Tuesday, October 27th .

Pastor Chris

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope (Romans 15:4).

Psalm 30:5 says, “…weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” That pain, that challenge, is for a moment; therefore, don’t talk about it, talk to it; declare your victory. Many are fond of letting others know what they’re going through in life. You don’t need to announce your problems. Announce your salvation; announce your triumphs and successes.

Learn to look in the right direction. Look unto the blessed hope. That blessed hope is the Lord Jesus Christ. He’s no longer a stranger to you. He’s your Lord and Saviour! So, hold on to your hope, for He’s the anchor of your soul. Let Him change your thoughts, because through hope, your faith develops; your faith arises, because it’s when you hope for something that you believe for it. You must first have an anticipation; you must have an expectation.

The Bible says the expectation of the righteous shall not be cut off (Proverbs 23:18). Your expectation is unique to God. So, always be expectant and excited for the greater glory. If you have difficulties in any area—perhaps at work, in your finance, family, health, etc.—it’s not over for you, because there’s hope. Christ in you is the hope of glory. There’s glory for you in that situation.

Therefore, be positive about life, and walk with a sanctified mind. See through the Word always, and bask in the euphoria of your hope in the Lord.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the blessed hope I have in Christ. Your grace is sufficient for me in all things, and I see through your Word and function with the mind-set of the righteous. Thank you for making me the expression of your righteousness, and effulgence of your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Proverbs 24:14
So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 3:1-17, Jeremiah 23-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 8:1-11, 2 Kings 17-18

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:14am On Oct 28, 2015
The Epistles Of Christ! - Wednesday, October 28th .

Pastor Chris

…Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart (2 Corinthians 3:1-3).

As you study the Word of God, it’s important not to miss the salient points the Spirit of God wants you to grasp. An example of such powerful and important truth is what the Apostle Paul communicates in our opening scripture: we’re the epistles of Christ. What does this mean? It means we’re God’s message; His Word! Halleluiah!

Paul said, “For as much as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart” (2 Corinthians 3:3).

Here, he lets us know why we’re the epistles of Christ. Christ is the Word of God; now Paul says we’re the Word of Christ; you’re a message. No wonder He says you’re the light of the world. God is using you to give a message to the world every day; you’re manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ, written by the Spirit of the living God! That’s why you’re so peculiar!

John wrote concerning Jesus, “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth” (John 1:14). When they saw Jesus in Bible days, they saw the Word; He was the Word that talked, walked, and lived amongst them. No wonder they called Him “Emmanuel,” meaning “God with us!”

However, today, in the New Testament, anyone who wants to see the Word of God should look at you! You’re the epistle of Christ today. So, when you study the New Testament, you’re looking at you. Someone might say, “No; that can’t be; only Jesus qualifies to be so described.” No! James 1:18 says, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth…”; meaning that you’re born of the Word of God. If you’re born of the Word of God, then you’re one with the Word.

Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. We’re the offspring of the Word of God. So, who are we? The Word—His epistles! Glory to God!

Confession...
I’m not an ordinary person; I’m the epistle of Christ. When men look at me, they see the manifestation of the Word of God. I’m a message read of all men, through whom many are coming to the knowledge of Christ! Glory to God!

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 4:1-22, Jeremiah 26-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 8:12-21, 2 Kings 19-20

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:27am On Oct 29, 2015
Stay Positive - Thursday, October 29th .

Pastor Chris

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:8 ).

One of the many beautiful characteristics of the God-kind of love is that it believes only the best about others. Some people get themselves into trouble for believing all the wrong and negative things they heard about others. Never allow anyone bring some negative information into your life to defile the purity of your spirit. Don’t spend time thinking about the negative things, including negative information about other people.

There’re those who develop hatred for others because of what they heard about them. When you see others the way God sees them, you’ll never be negatively influenced by any purported negative information about them. The best thing is to see people and relate with them from the perspective of God’s love. Don’t let anyone incite a dislike in you against someone else. Stay on the positive. Stay with the good thoughts about everyone.

The Spirit of God shows us in our theme verse the kind of thoughts we should have; the things you should set your mind on. He doesn’t tell us to dwell on allegations against people. This is the Word of God. Practise it. You become the reflection of your thoughts. The Bible says as a man thinks in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). Imagine that your life is the reflection of the things itemized in Philippians 4:8. What a beautiful life that’ll be!

The same way you’re expected to be positive about people, you should also have a positive outlook on life; a positive mentality. When there’s a situation you need to deal with, perhaps in your health, or your finances, whatever it may be; be full of joy, because you know that anything is possible. The Word says, “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...” (Proverbs 17:22). James 1:2 says count it all joy when you go through diverse tests; why? It’s because your victory is inevitable!

Refuse to allow anyone or anything knock the joy out of you. Challenges are for your promotion. So, be happy about life, about everyone and about everything! Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear Lord, thank you for your Word that brings purity to my heart. I’m transformed and built up by your Word today, elevated to a higher level of glory, as I think on your Word, joyful and excited about my life and your blessings that I enjoy, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 ESV Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Romans 12:12
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Titus 1-2, Jeremiah 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 8:22-32, 2 Kings 21-22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On Oct 30, 2015
His Word is Light - Friday, October 30th .

Pastor Chris

I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me (Psalm 119:19).

The opening verse was King David talking, and he was wise enough to know he was a pilgrim in the earth. His conclusion spelt out something remarkable about his yearning as he spoke to God: “…hide not thy commandments from me.” That means “Don’t hide your Word from me.”

Why was David so passionate about the Word of God? Let’s read Psalm 119:105: “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” He understood the power and impact of the Word of God. He knew the Word will help him; it was a lamp to give light, and a light to illuminate his path. He knew it wasn’t the “buying” of the Bible that gives light, or the hearing or the preaching that gives light, but the entrance of God’s Word; that’s what gives understanding to the simple (Psalm 119:130). So, it’s not about listening to sermons upon sermons; if the Word doesn’t get into your spirit, it’ll not give you light.

The earth is covered with spiritual darkness, but you need the light—the light of God’s Word—to navigate your way and chart your course victoriously through life. Be passionate about the Word. Let the Word guide and direct your steps!

God’s Word is the light that shows you what reality (truth) is; that’s what reveals the real you. Through the light of God’s Word, you see the beautiful things God has deposited in your spirit. Under His light, you’ll see that you’re more than a conqueror, and that nothing is impossible to you.

There’s so much glory and beauty inside you, but you can only see these good things under the light of God’s Word. God’s Word is the true light. As you study and meditate on it, your path in life will be flooded with light, and you’ll keep growing from glory to glory.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the glory of your Word. Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light that illuminates my path; thus, I see and apprehend the greater levels of glory you’ve ordained for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Titus 3:1-15, Jeremiah 31-32

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 8:33-43, 2 Kings 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:16am On Oct 31, 2015
There’s More To Life - Saturday, October 31st .

Pastor Chris

There is far more to your inner life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body (Luke 12:23 MSG).

Living a comfortable life doesn’t mean that you have nice furniture, you ride a great car or that you have or live in a mansion, or you own a yatch etc. You can have all those things and not be at peace within. Meanwhile, someone can be in the pit, dungeon, or in prison, and be full of joy.

That’s what happened with many of the Apostles. Some were incarcerated, and others were ostracized, but they were all full of joy. The prophets of old had the same experience. They were punished for speaking the truth, and for doing what was right, but they were full of joy. So, joy is in your spirit; true satisfaction is in your spirit.

There’s more to life than the world’s symbols of prosperity. True prosperity isn’t about how many cars you own, or how many houses you’ve built. True prosperity is about the triumph of the Word of God in your life. Has the Word of God triumphed in your life? Has the Word gained mastery over your life? That’s what matters.

How prosperous do you want to be? How glorious do you want your life to be? If you’d meditate on the Word, you’ll have all-round prosperity! You’ll be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth fruit in due season; your leaves will not wither; and whatsoever you do shall prosper. Make the Word your delight and meditation, and your life will be full of glory.

True prosperity is about God’s grace upon your life that causes everything you’re involved with to succeed exceedingly. True prosperity comes with happiness, peace of mind and fulfillment. True prosperity is about the life of Christ revealed in you. True prosperity is having the totality of God’s blessings and grace, and the enablement to impart the same to others also.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for showing me what true prosperity is. Your Word has taken centre stage and continually triumphs in my life. I solely depend on your promotion, prosperity, and supply always. Thank you for bringing me to a place of honour, excellence and glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Peter 1:7-8
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Luke 12:5
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Mark 8:35-37
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. 36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philemon 1:1-25, Jeremiah 33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 8:44-59, 2 Kings 24-25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:25am On Nov 01, 2015
The Communion Of His Body And Blood - Sunday, November 1st .

Pastor Chris

For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me (1 Corinthians 11:23-24).

“Can those who are not born again take the Holy Communion?” someone may ask. No, they can’t. The one who hasn’t given his heart to Christ can’t partake of His life, because the Holy Communion is the communion of the body and blood of Christ. The only way to become one with the Lord is to be born again—to be born into Christ. Everyone who has taken this step qualifies to receive the communion anytime. By partaking of the communion, you reaffirm your oneness with the Lord, reminding yourself of who you are.

We do this according to the instructions of the Master, not so we can remember Him as one who just died for no reason, no! His vicarious death was for a reason. He died so that we may live, and now we live.

In participating in the communion, we remember Him in a celebration of life. No matter the difficulties and challenges you might be facing, as you take the communion, declare that everything is all right. The greater One lives in you, and is in control of the situation. Your confession of victory should be bold and sound, because Christ has given you the dominion and the advantage in life. That’s what you affirm when you take the Holy Communion.

Christ has made you eternally triumphant! Let this be your consciousness as you take the communion. He said, “...do this in remembrance of me” (1 Corinthians 11:24); it’s something He wants us to do often, to inspire our faith again and again: our faith in His vicarious death, and resultant victory and glory on our behalf.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the joy of salvation, and the body of Jesus that was broken for me, so that I’ll never be broken or defeated in life. Thank you, for His blood that was shed for the remission of sins, and by which I’ve become a master over circumstances, a carrier of the divine life, and a joint-heir with Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 53:3-5
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Corinthians 10:16-17
The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 1, Jeremiah 34-35

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 9:1-7, 1 Chronicles 1

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:11am On Nov 02, 2015
Our Training In Righteousness - Monday, 2nd November

Pastor Chris

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord
(Romans 5:21).

Our opening verse talks about the life of righteousness that’s been given to us; the nature of God that’s been imparted into our spirits that makes us like Him. This nature makes you think like Him, talk like Him, and walk like Him; it causes you to reign in life as a king.

Through the Word of God, you’re trained to reign; trained to see and think differently! 2 Timothy 3:16 says, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” The Word of God is God’s instruction manual to train you in the way and life of righteousness, and equip you for greatness.

Through the ministry of the Word of God, and the Holy Spirit, you’re taught how to be a success in life, irrespective of your chosen career. With this training, if you’re a lawyer, you’ll be one with a difference. If you’re in the army, you’ll be a soldier with a difference. It makes no difference what your profession is; you’ll be exceptional, because you function with the anointing and grace to reign.

Romans 5:17 says those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life. Refuse sickness, failure, defeat, and death. Reign in life as a king. Reject everything that’s not of God, and endorse only that which is consistent with His perfect will for you. Talk differently; see differently. You’ve been graced to reign, through righteousness.

Confession...
I reign in life unstoppably, walking in God's abundant grace in Christ! I'm like a tree planted by the waterside, with evergreen leaves! I'm lifted always, over and above circumstances! Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

John 10:10 (AMP)
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Hebrews 2 Jeremiah 36-37

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 9:8-17 1 Chronicles 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:44am On Nov 03, 2015
A Life Of The Word - Tuesday, November 3rd .

Pastor Chris

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:6).

Some people make their lives difficult by living according to their natural, fleshly instincts. Those fleshly instincts are what we call “fallen instincts.” In other words, they’re based on the fallen nature of man. Fleshly instincts can’t help you. They may take you a long way, but they’ll never take you all the way.

It’s easy for some people to pray through their natural instincts when they need help. They cry, “Oh God, please help me! I need some help.” You need to recognize that we’re in a spiritual kingdom that operates with definite principles. To be ignorant of these principles will lead to frustration and despondency. God said, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge...” (Hosea 4:6).

Understand this: when you were born again, you were translated from the domain of darkness—the kingdom of this world—into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son. You live in that supernatural kingdom, and you’ve got to operate from there. Though you’re in the world, you’re not of this world. Philippians 3:20 (MSG) tells us that “…there’s far more to life for us. We’re citizens of high heaven...” therefore, be conscious of your origin and identity, and operate by supernatural principles.

Jesus said the one who’s born again is a mystery to the world (John 3:cool. The principles by which we operate aren’t available to this world. We see and think differently. We don’t talk according to our experiences, what we see or feel. We pray, talk and act according to what the Word says. Glory to God!

Confession...
I’m not moved by what I feel, see or perceive through the senses! I live in, and by the Word! I’m triumphant by the Word, making progress with giant strides. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 2:14 CEV
That’s why only someone who has God’s Spirit can understand spiritual blessings. Anyone who doesn’t have God’s Spirit thinks these blessings are foolish.

Romans 8:6-8
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 3, Jeremiah 38-40

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 9:18-27, 1 Chronicles 3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:43am On Nov 04, 2015
Preserved In Him - Wednesday, November 4th .

Pastor Chris

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith (Hebrews 11:7).

In Genesis, the Lord directed Noah to build an ark because judgment was coming on the world. While he was building, the people scoffed at him because there was no sign of rain. “Will God actually destroy the world with water?” they asked, jeering at him. Noah wasn’t dissuaded however; he carried on till he completed the ark. The Lord had instructed him saying, “Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth” (Genesis 7:2-3).

Noah did accordingly, and soon as he got into the ark with his family, and all the animals, God shut the door after them. Shortly, it got cloudy, and windy; and the rains began to fall until the whole world was submerged in the ensuing deluge. The people thought it would stop, but it didn’t, until it destroyed all men and animals on earth. However, not so for the ark and those in it: the higher the water rose, the higher it lifted the ark and made it easy for it to glide along. The same water that destroyed others preserved Noah and his family, because they were in the ark.

That ark is symbolic of Christ. To be in Christ is to be in God’s secret place of rest and protection. Psalm 91:1-2 says, “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.”

Christ is your refuge! If you’re in Him, you have nothing to fear, because you’re in safety. There may be a social or economic flood destroying men’s lives today, but the same “waters” will bear you up and preserve you.

Confession...
I dwell in Christ, in the secret place of the Most High, where I’m protected under the shadow of the Almighty; my Refuge and my Fortress, in whom I confidently trust! I have no fears, because He’s my safe haven!

Further Study:
Psalm 91:1-13
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. 13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 4:1-13, Jeremiah 41-43

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 9:28-41, 1 Chronicles 4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:27am On Nov 05, 2015
Power Through Our Hands - Thursday, November 5th .

Pastor Chris

And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon’s porch (Acts 5:12).

There’s an enormous release of divine power when we stretch or lift our hands in prayer. The Apostle Paul said, “I would that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting” (1 Timothy 2:8 ). When you lift your hands up to the Lord in prayer, you activate the heavenly powers and make them available on your behalf. So much happens in the realm of the spirit when God’s people stretch or lift their hands in prayer, and some have wondered, “Why is this so?”
You see, your body extremities, such as your fingers, are spiritual points or openings; they’re spiritual vents for either entrance or exit for the Spirit. When we stretch our hands, the anointing is released through our hands. The anointing isn’t the Spirit; it’s the Spirit that gives the anointing, and the Spirit lives in you. He transfers or imparts the anointing through your hands.

The anointing is a special power. It’s the power of God that heals, delivers, removes burdens, and causes people to prosper! The anointing destroys the yoke of bondage, and opens doors! You have something to give; you have something to transfer to others, or to cause a change in your environment and in the regions beyond.

The Bible tells us that by the stretching forth of the hands of the Apostles, many signs and wonders were wrought amongst the people. This means as they stretched forth their hands, hopes were restored; burdens were lifted; sicknesses and diseases were healed; destinies were mended, by the power of the Holy Spirit! The same Spirit is in you today. The blessings of God for others can be released through your hands. Perhaps you’re in a Church service or in your cell group or fellowship meeting, and a call is made to stretch your hands in prayer, towards someone, a group of people or a particular direction; do so with knowledge and the understanding that there’s power released through your hands.

Confession...
I’m full of the Spirit, and the anointing is at work in me! Every time I stretch my hands, the anointing is released and yokes are destroyed, burdens are lifted, hopes are restored, sicknesses and diseases are healed! Thank you Father, for this awesome privilege to release power through my hands and also offer sacrifices of worship, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Exodus 17:11-13
And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed. 12 But Moses hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. 13 And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.

Exodus 14:16
But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.

Exodus 14:21
And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 4:14-5:1-10, Jeremiah 44-47

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 10:1-10, 1 Chronicles 5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by nwakaibe(m): 8:57am On Nov 06, 2015
Increasing Glory .
Friday, November 6th .
Pastor Chris
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18).
Did you know that as a child of God, His glory is in your life? The glory of God is in you, and that glory is continually on the increase as you meditate on, and live, the Word. Every time you go to Church, or attend your group meetings, and listen to the preaching and teaching of the Word of God, the glory on your life increases. As you leave the meeting, you leave with a greater glory than you came with. The same happens when you study and meditate on the Word in your privacy; the glory on you increases.
Of course, you can’t see that glory with your optical eyes, but it’s in you nonetheless. In the realm of the Spirit, if God were to open your eyes to see the glory, you’d be amazed at how glorious you really are. I’m not talking about when we get to heaven; I’m talking about NOW. The glory that exudes from us is so strong and powerful; but it’s not the same for everybody. Some Christians have more glory than others; it’s about how much of the Word of God is working in your spirit! It’s about yielding to and living the Word.
Once, I was praying and I saw this indescribable glory in the realm of the Spirit. The more I prayed and spoke the Word, the more my spirit glowed. Then, the Lord said to me, “You look glorious all the time; you’re a light all the time.” You see, this is what the Word does in our lives: as we behold the Word, we are changed.
The more we contemplate the glory of God in His Word, the more glorious we become. Even now, your glory has increased, because of the Word of God that you’ve received today through this devotional. Take this new level of glory to your job, business, academics, and your environment; influence your world with it. When next you go to Church, know that one of the plans of the Holy Spirit for that day is to make you even more glorious. Add to the glory of your life every day by studying and meditating on the Word.
PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your glory that’s in my life! Your Word is my daily delight, and as I behold the glory, I’m metamorphosed into the same image that I see, from glory to glory! With that glory, I triumph over sickness, diseases, poverty, and reign victoriously, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Further Study: || Exodus 24:15-18 And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount. 16 And the glory of the Lord abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud. 17 And the sight of the glory of the Lord was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel. 18 And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights. ||
|| 2 Corinthians 3:7-11 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious. ||
Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 5:11-6:1-20,
Jeremiah 48-49
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 10:11-21,
1 Chronicles 6
EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:40am On Nov 07, 2015
One Direction Only - Saturday, November 7th .

Pastor Chris

And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great (Genesis 26:13).

There’re those who believe life should be full of ups and downs, but that shouldn’t be your experience. As a child of God, you’ve been ordained to journey only in one direction—upward and forward. That’s the life to which you’ve been called; it’s a life of progress and advancement. You have the nature to be absolutely successful, because you’re the seed of Abraham. You’re an heir of God, and a joint heir with Christ.

Therefore, develop a mentality that’s consistent with who you are in Christ. Refuse to allow thoughts of defeat download into your system. See in one direction only—“northward.” In the Kingdom of God, there’s no south, east or west; only north. In the earth, you have south, west, east, and north, but in the spirit realm, there’s only one direction—north.

Now, this may not mean much to you if you try to figure it out with your earthly mentality. But if you understand your calling and spiritual nativity, you’ll know why God wants you to journey in one direction only. He said in Proverbs 4:27, “Turn not to the right hand nor to the left….” What’s He saying? He wants you to go in the direction of His Word. Refuse to turn to the right or to the left, because there’re distractions and detractors that’ll try to get your attention; don’t look at them. Set yourself on course, on the victory lane.

There shouldn’t be ups and downs in your life; don’t allow it. Look upwards, and go forward! Your life is the story of unending progress. Proverbs 4:18 says, “But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.” Keep making progress from glory to glory.

Confession...
I don’t see as ordinary men see! I see and think only through the Word of God! Therefore, my life is upward and forward only, from glory to glory! Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Proverbs 4:18
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Exodus 14:15
And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:

Genesis 26:13-14
And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: 14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 7, Jeremiah 50-51

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 10:22-32, 1 Chronicles 7

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2015
They Can’t Hear Without A Preacher! - Sunday, November 8th .

Pastor Chris

…And how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? (Romans 10:14).

One of the reasons for the preaching and teaching of God’s Word is to impart faith. Until you hear the Word of God, you can’t have faith in Him. You can’t love someone you’ve never heard about.

Imagine that you have a neighbour you’ve never met. Then, one day, while you were out, fire broke out in your apartment. But thankfully, no damage was done before the inferno was put out. You only came home to see the signs that indeed, there’d been a fire. However, as you stood wondering who the brave person was that put out the fire, someone walked up to you and said, “It was such a huge blaze, but that man over there (pointing to this neighbour of yours whom, you had never met) put out the fire. He even got burnt in the process.”

Now, for the first time, you’re going to feel something towards that neighbour. You’re going to go to him to express appreciation, because you heard what he did. If you weren’t told what he did, and you never knew about it, you wouldn’t have gone to him. But because of what he did, which you’re aware of, you now see him in a new light, and think of him in a new way.

In the same way, if we don’t preach and teach about Jesus, what He came to do, His love, His vicarious death on the cross, and the life of unending victory that He’s ushered us into, the one who hasn’t heard of Him can’t love Him. That’s why you should fuel aflame your passion for the Gospel. Tell of His wondrous works and preach His undying love to others. Our opening verse says, “…how shall they hear without a preacher?”

You’re the preacher in your world: in your home, office, school, and in your neighbourhood. The Lord has anointed you to deliver men from bondage into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, turning them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God (Acts 26:18). Become fervent in soul winning. Talk to somebody about Jesus today!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the passion you’ve put in my heart to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth. I fulfil my role as a minister of reconciliation, manifesting the savour of your knowledge always, and in everyplace, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 6:5-6
And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 8,
Jeremiah 52

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 10:33-42,
1 Chronicles 8

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 264
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.