Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249817 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by 0truthseeker: 8:19am On Nov 26, 2016
The Anointing Is In You - Saturday, November 26th .

Pastor Chris

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him (1 John 2:27).

The Holy Spirit, the one who gives the anointing, lives in you in His fullness. What we need is the recognition and acknowledgement of the greater One that lives in us. He’s as much in you and with you when you “feel” the anointing, as He is when you don’t “feel” anything.

Don’t bring God to the realm of the senses; He doesn’t deal in that realm. Don’t base your Christianity on feelings. Sadly, that’s the only way some know to relate with God; they rely more on “feeling” the anointing to know that God is present. When they don’t “feel” it, they think something is wrong, and they start praying and crying, “O Lord, let the anointing fall on me; I want to feel your presence!” Some even start fasting for the anointing to come. What a misconception!

The anointing is the effect of the workings of the Holy Spirit. It’s also the impact or impartation of the Holy Spirit’s power. For example, when the anointing comes on a clothing material, like the handkerchiefs and aprons that were taken from Paul and laid on the sick (Acts 19:12), that’s an impartation of His power on that material. The question then is, the person of the Holy Spirit, compared to His effect and impartation, which is greater? The person of course! It’s like a man and his shadow.

Begging and crying for the anointing, when the Holy Spirit lives in you, is ignoring the real thing, and pursuing the shadow; that’s not going to work. Stop trying to receive more anointing. Stop wishing for more anointing from heaven. Look inside you. Get to know Christ who lives in you; He’s the anointed One and owner of the anointing. Since He lives in you, it means you can have all the power you could ever need, right inside you. Learn to stir up this gift of God that’s in you (2 Timothy 1:6).

Prayer...
Precious Father, thank you for giving me the Holy Spirit to live in me with His miracleworking ability. You’re able to do exceeding abundantly above all that I can ask or think according to your grace and power that’s at work in me. I recognize and activate that unction today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1 John 2:20
But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 5, Ezekiel 35-36

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 2:1-12, Hosea 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by LambanoPeace: 5:22am On Nov 27, 2016
God’s Dream For You - Sunday, November 27th

Pastor Chris

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God (Ephesians 3:19).

In our study today, we’ll examine two vital thoughts, relating to God’s dream for you. First is that as a Christian, you must realize that you’re vitally the house, the living tabernacle of the almighty God. You’re full of God as Jesus was when He walked the earth. God isn’t any less in you today than He was in Jesus Christ. This isn’t something you’ll have to grow into as time goes by, no; it’s a reality you have to wake up to. You’re the temple of the living God.

1 Corinthians 3:16 says, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” What God wants is that you become God-inside-minded. He’s filled you with Himself. This became possible with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. His resurrection made it possible for us to have and live the God-life.

Secondly, God wants you to know and walk in the full and exact knowledge of His will. He doesn’t want you to ever be in confusion about His will over anything at any time. Jesus was never in doubt of the Father’s will; so, why should you be? When you’re filled with the knowledge (“epignosis”—Greek) of His will, you’ll be able to apply the wisdom of God in fulfilling it.

No wonder the Spirit prayed through the apostle Paul in Colossians 1:9 that this becomes a reality for the Church: “…that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.” He wants this to happen here on earth, not when you get to heaven. It’s His dream for you now. This is one reason attending Church services is very important for you as a Christian.

In the Church, you’re taught the Word of God to build you up spiritually, and to build your faith strong. The Word of God is the will and wisdom of God. To be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom, is to be filled with His Word; and when that happens, Colossians 1:10 says you’ll be fruitful in every good work. What a life!

Prayer...
I thank you, blessed Father, for your mighty hand that’s upon me to walk in your perfect will all the time. I live to fulfil your dream and purpose for my life, to the glory and praise of your Name. Your Word prospers in me today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Peter 1, Ezekiel 37-38

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 2:13-29, Hosea 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by LambanoPeace: 9:24am On Nov 28, 2016
Who Are We? - Monday, November 28th

Pastor Chris

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:26).

In Acts 3:25, when the Apostle Peter was preaching to the Jews, he said to them, “Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant….” Peter was speaking spiritually. He didn’t mean they were the children of the Prophets in the sense that they were born by the wives of the Prophets; no. There’s an understanding we need to get from this that’s very important: When he called them the children of the Prophets, he meant children of the promise, or the spoken Word.

Now, if they were the children of the Prophets and of the covenants, who then are we? A major problem in the world today is identity crisis. Many don’t know who they are. They’re still grappling with the questions: Who am I? What am I doing on earth? What’s my life about? The believers in the early Church didn’t argue with him (Peter), because they knew he was telling them the truth about their identity. They weren’t in the covenant; they were the children of the covenant.

Many Christians celebrate the idea that they’re in covenant with God. No! We’re not in covenant with God; we’re children of the covenant. That’s who we are; we’re the result of the covenant. Galatians 3:27-29 says, “For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”

The Apostle Paul, in the foregoing scripture, lets us know that we’re as much Abraham’s seed as the Jews that Peter addressed in his epistle. The new creation is the actual spiritual seed of Abraham. We’re heirs of the promise. Romans 8:17 says, “…if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ….” That’s who we are; that’s our identity! It’s a present-hour reality. Hallelujah!

Confession...
I know who I am, and what belongs to me. I’m Abraham’s seed, an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ. Christ is in me; in Him I live and move and have my being. Greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world. Satan and the world are under my feet. I live in victory, divine health and prosperity, and my life gravitates upwards and forward only, from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Peter 2, Ezekiel 39-40

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 3:1-10, Hosea 9-10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
Good to be back
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:31am On Nov 29, 2016
Celebrate The Word In Your Life - Tuesday, November 29th .

Pastor Chris

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God (John 1:1).

Some people don’t know how to celebrate the Word of God in their lives. When they hear the Word, to them, it’s just another sermon; so they don’t give personality and honour to the Word. They’ve never placed a premium on the Word of God. The Word should mean everything to you, because our lives are built with it; God builds Himself into us through the Word.

The greatest thing you could ever have on this earth is the Word, because everything came from it; it created the whole world: “All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made” (John 1:3). The Word of God is God. So, always be excited to give glory to, and celebrate the Word. To celebrate the Word is to celebrate Jesus, because Jesus is the living Word.

The true celebration of the Word is doing the Word; living in, and by the Word. James 1:22 says, “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” Some have only stored the Word in their hearts, but that’s not enough. You have to act on the Word. You have to keep meditating on the Word so it’ll grow mightily in you and prevail. As you celebrate the Word, your life becomes the expression and effulgence of His wisdom, glory, and grace. Hallelujah.

Prayer...
Holy Father, I thank you for the wonderful gift of your Word. As I celebrate your Word with joy and excitement, its power is released to accomplish what it talks about in my life, making me the effulgence and expression of your praise and glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Jeremiah 15:16
Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

James 1:25
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Psalm 19:7
The law of the LORD [is] perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD [is] sure, making wise the simple.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Peter 3, Ezekiel 41-42

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 3:11-22, Hosea 11-12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:12am On Dec 01, 2016
Success By The Spirit - Thursday, December 1st .

Pastor Chris

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts (Zechariah 4:6).

Success in life and in any endeavour isn’t in anything that one’s physical might or strength produces or can produce; true success is in the Spirit and by the Spirit. It’s not about something you’re doing or not doing; it’s about your relationship with the Holy Spirit; that’s what makes the difference, and that’s the most important factor for your success. The Bible says, “So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy” (Romans 9:16).

Life is spiritual. Until and unless you walk in the realm which God has brought you into, and function at that level, life will be for you a hard journey. You’ll be making efforts in vain. But if you’re in a passionate, intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit, He’ll breathe on everything you do and see to its success.

The man who’s in fellowship with the Holy Spirit, yielded to Him for guidance and inspiration is the one described for us in Psalm 1:3: “And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” The Holy Spirit is your guarantee for a life of absolute, unending success. He’s the One that glorifies your life and brings you into favours and promotions, and opens doors of blessings for you that no man can shut. He’s all you need.

Let the glory of Christ, resplendent in your spirit and exuding from you, be the attraction in your life. Abide in Him. He’s everything you need. Remember the words of Jesus, “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you” (John 15:7).

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in my life, who causes me to do and walk in your perfect will. I experience, even now, the supply and ministry of the Spirit to be effective in the ministry of the Gospel, communicating your divine presence to my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ecclesiastes 9:11
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race [is] not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

John 15:4-8
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 2:15-3:1-10, Ezekiel 45-46

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 5:1-14, Joel 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Beautiful4u(m): 7:16am On Dec 01, 2016
Rhapsody of Realities.

Topic: Success By The Spirit.

Thursday, December 1st.

Pastor Chris

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts (Zechariah 4:6).

Success in life and in any endeavour isn’t in anything that one’s physical might or strength produces or can produce; true success is in the Spirit and by the Spirit. It’s not about something you’re doing or not doing; it’s about your relationship with the Holy Spirit; that’s what makes the difference, and that’s the most important factor for your success. The Bible says, “So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy” (Romans 9:16).

Life is spiritual. Until and unless you walk in the realm which God has brought you into, and function at that level, life will be for you a hard journey. You’ll be making efforts in vain. But if you’re in a passionate, intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit, He’ll breathe on everything you do and see to its success.

The man who’s in fellowship with the Holy Spirit, yielded to Him for guidance and inspiration is the one described for us in Psalm 1:3: “And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” The Holy Spirit is your guarantee for a life of absolute, unending success. He’s the One that glorifies your life and brings you into favours and promotions, and opens doors of blessings for you that no man can shut. He’s all you need.

Let the glory of Christ, resplendent in your spirit and exuding from you, be the attraction in your life. Abide in Him. He’s everything you need. Remember the words of Jesus, “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you” (John 15:7).

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in my life, who causes me to do and walk in your perfect will. I experience, even now, the supply and ministry of the Spirit to be effective in the ministry of the Gospel, communicating your divine presence to my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

|| Ecclesiastes 9:11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race [is] not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. ||

|| John 15:4-8 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. ||

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
1 John 2:15-3:1-10,
Ezekiel 45-46

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Revelation 5:1-14,
Joel 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:37am On Dec 02, 2016
Three Cardinal Virtues - Friday, December 2nd

Pastor Chris

And now abide these three, faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:13 WESNT).

When Jesus walked the earth, there was something unique and different about His message; it was characterised by these three cardinal virtues: faith, hope, and love.

When He spoke, faith came alive in the hearers. He introduced the Father to them and unveiled the Father’s will for their lives. He let them know what God had done for them and how to walk in their divine inheritance.

Jesus also gave the people hope through His message; He made the future real and gave them a reason to believe in the future.

His message also expressed and communicated the love of God. Not only did He speak words of blessings to the people, He also touched them and related to them with love. He helped them know that the Father loved them, because of the way He (Jesus) loved them. He manifested “Liquid love”—ever-flowing love. You felt it when you were in His presence. Even those He reprimanded felt and experienced His love. He was love in motion.

That was what attracted even the little children to Him; they ran to Him whenever they saw Him. The crowd wouldn’t stop thronging Him; the Bible says, “…And the common people heard him gladly” (Mark 12:37). People from everywhere came to Jesus, to hear Him, and be with Him, because in His words, they heard and saw love. In His presence, they were comforted, strengthened, filled with hope, and their faith came alive.

As a Christian or minister of the Gospel, if you desire the kind of results Jesus had, then these three virtues should be an awesome attraction in your life: faith, hope, and love. They must be evidently expressed in your actions, words, character, and behaviour. In ministering the Gospel, let faith flow from you to your listeners. Inspire hope in their hearts, and most of all, let them experience the love of Jesus, and know in their hearts that He loves them unconditionally. Hallelujah!

Confession...
I’m an able, competent, and effective minister of the Gospel of Christ, manifesting the virtues of faith, hope, and love. I’m spreading the Gospel with passion, fervour and dedication; The love of Christ is evident in my actions, heard in my words, seen in my character, and reflected in my conduct. I’m bringing salvation to people everywhere, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Romans 5:2-5
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Galatians 5:5-6
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 3:11-24, Ezekiel 47-48

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 6:1-10, Joel 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Dec 03, 2016
Christianity Is Based On The Resurrection - Saturday, December 3rd .

Pastor Chris

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:4).

If Christianity were all about salvation from sin, there wouldn’t have been the need for Jesus to rise from the dead. His death on the cross would have been enough; it paid for all our sins and guaranteed complete propitiation. However, that’s redemption, and not Christianity!

Redemption refers to saving someone by paying a price. So when Jesus died, He paid the price for man’s redemption with His own life; He did that for all humanity; not for Christians. The Christian isn’t the man that Christ died for. Look at it this way: when Jesus hung on the cross, in the mind of God, we were all hanging there too (in Him), for He was our representative. When He cried out, “It is finished,” and gave up the ghost, we also died in Him.

Now, here’s the big thing, which Satan didn’t see coming and the angels still marvel at, and seek to look into: Christianity is based on the resurrection of Jesus, and not on His death. The resurrection of Jesus Christ gave us something far beyond redemption; it ushered us into a newness of life. We’ve been raised up together with Christ (Ephesians 2:6).

Romans 10:9 says, “...If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” It lets us know that salvation comes by believing in the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the subsequent confession of His Lordship. A Christian is one who identifies with the resurrected Christ. The Christian has no past, for the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:17: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature”; meaning that he’s a new species; one that never existed before.

No wonder James declares that “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures” (James 1:18). Being born again, therefore, you’re not the “redeemed”; you’re the fruit of the redemptive work of Christ. Redemption was consummated with His death, but Christianity came from the resurrection. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me one with Christ. I’m a new creation and I walk in the newness of life, conscious that I’ve been raised together with Christ, and made to sit together with Him in the place of victory, authority, and dominion forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 4, Daniel 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Revelation 6:11-17,
Joel 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:00am On Dec 04, 2016
Our Glorious Lineage - Sunday, December 4th

Pastor Chris

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever (1 Peter 1:23).

The difference between the Christian and the non-Christian isn’t just in the fact that the Christian goes to church while the non-Christian doesn’t; the difference is in their nature. The Christian has a new nature, the nature of God; his spirit has been recreated to have a new life—the divine life. The Christian is born of God; His origin is in God (1 John 4:4).

It wasn’t just a mere change that took place in you when you were born again; it was an actual translation, a replacement or supplanting of the life with which you were born of your parents, with the eternal and indestructible life of God. It’s a brand new life. You no longer carry the “genes” of your earthly parents; you don’t belong in the lineage of the first Adam; you hail from Christ—the Second and Last Adam.

You’re of a chosen breed; you’re from a new lineage. 1 Peter 2:9 declares, “But ye are a chosen generation….” The word “generation” derives from the root-word “gene,” and it’s akin to the word “lineage.” A gene is the basic unit of heredity in a living organism. Genes determine the physical, mental, and other characteristics an individual inherits from his parents. Therefore, that you’re “a chosen generation” means you belong to a special lineage of “associates of the God-kind,” with divine genetic material (2 Peter 1:3-4).

You have Christ’s “DNA” in you because He’s your root; He’s your life (Colossians 3:4). Hallelujah! This means the natural human life which was terrestrial (of the earth)—that could get sick and afflicted with disease and pain—has been supplanted by the life of Christ, which is celestial and indestructible. No earthly impediments or inhibitions can work against you or destroy you, because you’re a new creation; you’re peculiar. You have the life and nature of your heavenly Father.

Prayer...
Precious heavenly Father, thank you for the blessings of my new life in Christ Jesus! I declare that the lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; I have a goodly heritage. Health is mine! Strength is mine. Thank you for helping me discover myself in your Word, and live the victorious life in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

John 1:12-13
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Peter 2:9 AMP
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God's] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 5, Daniel 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 7:1-10, Amos 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:30am On Dec 05, 2016
Seeing With Your Spirit - Monday, December 5th .

Pastor Chris

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding (Colossians 1:9).

In Genesis 3, we read the account of Satan tempting Eve to eat the fruit of the forbidden tree. Eve, being deceived, ate the fruit and gave to Adam who also ate of it. When this happened, the Bible says, “And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked” (Genesis 3:17); they had a new knowledge.

Hitherto, they didn’t know they were naked, because they had the capacity to see differently in another realm of life. They lost a type of sight (spiritual sight), and fell lower to another type of sight, which was governed by the senses. They thus became sense-ruled. They couldn’t see with their spirits anymore. They had new interpretations to life; interpretations based on sensory perceptions.

This is the case of the unregenerate man: the person who’s not born again; he lacks spiritual insight and foresight. He lacks spiritual understanding and is unable to relate with God in His realm of life. But when you’re born again, you’re awakened to the fatherhood of God; you’re awakened to the realities of God’s Kingdom; you’re brought into fellowship with God.

Ephesians 1:17-18 says, “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened….” Here, the Spirit of God refers to spiritual understanding, which is beyond the use of the mind and the senses. The mind is a tool, but man has a greater capacity beyond his mind. The mind receives information from the spirit and the senses, but there’s an understanding that transcends the mind. That’s why the full, accurate, correct, and precise knowledge of God is a possibility for the one who’s born again—the one whose human spirit has been recreated.

It’s God’s desire that you see differently; that you see with your spirit. It’s the reason the Holy Spirit prays through the Apostle Paul that you be filled with the knowledge of the Father’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding, so that you can “…walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God” (Colossians 1:10). This is possible; walk in the light of it. Hallelujah!

Confession...
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me insight into the mysteries and secrets of the Kingdom. I live above the sense realm. I’m fully aware of the realities of our glorious Kingdom, enjoying my inheritance in Christ. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of man [is] the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Ephesians 1:17-18 AMP
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 John, Daniel 5-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 7:11-17, Amos 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:09am On Dec 06, 2016
The Power Of Your Testimony-Tuesday, December 6th

Pastor Chris

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death (Revelation 12:11).

Testifying to the power of God, the integrity and wonders of His Word, and power of the Spirit in your life is so important. Not only will it cause you to experience more blessings, it’ll keep the devil, his demons, and their nefarious schemes under your feet. When God does something for you, with you, or through you, tell it. Be glad to share your testimonies. Never consider anything the Lord does for you to be too small to talk about. Why is this so important?

Apart from your testimonies glorifying God, and inspiring faith in others, it also causes consternation in Satan’s camp. Not every demon knows you, because they don’t know everything. They may know you as a believer, but they don’t know what you have inside you. They really can’t tell what you think or know. They don’t know if you’re full of fear or full of faith; so, they’re going to test you, to find out.

But when they hear your testimonies; the things that your faith has produced, they take notice and flee from you. So, if for example you show up in a new environment, the first thing you should do is to start testifying. Declare your exploits of faith openly. Tell others about it, and in the process, the demons close by will hear and transmit the message to their cohorts to stay away from you, because they can see that you know who you are. Immediately, they’ll become full of fear and very careful of you because they’re very proud figures and they don’t like to be disgraced. They know if they try to mess around you, you’ll cast them out.

But if you don’t testify, they may not know what God has done with your life. Then they’ll start hanging around you, throwing little darts at you from time to time, just to test and distract you. But the Bible says we’re not ignorant of the devices of the enemy (2 Corinthians 2:11); paralyse him with your testimonies. There’s power in your testimony to completely neutralize the adversary and safeguard you against all his devices. The Bible says, “…Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7). Resist him with the word of your testimony.

Prayer...
Thank you Father, for the opportunity to be blessed by your Word, living in, and by its power and dominion. I testify of your goodness and the victories you’ve wrought through me! I testify of the power of your infallible Word that has brought me into a place of strength, power, rest, and dominion. I testify of the miracles of salvation that you’ve wrought through me, and the deliverance, healings, and prosperity I’ve witnessed and experienced in my personal life. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
Mark 5:18-20
And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him. 19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee. 20 And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all [men] did marvel.

Psalm 89:1 I
will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 3 John, Daniel 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 8:1-13, Amos 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On Dec 07, 2016
The Power Inside You - Wednesday, Dec 7

Pastor Chris

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us (Ephesians 3:20).

The responsibility for your life isn’t so much with God as it is with you. Some people blame God for every unfortunate event in their lives and in the world, and that’s because they don’t know Him.

Indeed, He’s God, and He’s all-powerful; with Him all things are possible. However, the power to change things—His power to produce the miracle you desire or require—is already inside you! It’s your responsibility to activate it.

Our theme verse says, “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.” Whatever God will do in your life is to the extent of the operation of His power in you. So you see, you really can’t, and shouldn’t, hold God responsible for all happenings in your life, neither is He the one “delaying” the fulfilment of His Word in your life; you’re the one to activate the power in you.

It makes no difference what you need; be it healing, increased finances, a new job, a child, growth and expansion in ministry, business or in your career, success in your academics, etc., the power to make it happen is inside you. The Lord Jesus said in Acts 1:8, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you....” That power is the dynamic ability to effect changes, and the quickest way to activate it is speaking in other tongues.

1 Corinthians 14:4 says, “He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself....” That means the one who speaks in other tongues energises or activates himself in the supernatural; he stirs up divine power from within. In 2 Timothy 1:6, Paul told Timothy to stir up the gift of God in him. He was referring to the power of the Holy Spirit, which can be dormant unless activated. Sadly, some Christians have allowed that power lie dormant in them. Don’t let that happen to you; pray in tongues often and stir up that power; put it to work.

The power of God is also activated when you affirm His Word with boldness. God and His Word are one. When you declare the Word concerning any situation, you’re invoking His power to bring about a change in that situation. If you want to see the release of the power of God in your life, maintain the habit of meditating on the Word; contemplate and voice the Word.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the awesome privilege of activating the power of your Spirit within me, to cause a change in circumstances and situations. As I speak in tongues, I’m transported into higher realms of glory, where I reign in righteousness and excellence, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Micah 3:8 Matthew 17:20 Mark 11:23

1 Year Bible Reading Plan : Jude Daniel 9-10
2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Revelation 9:1-10, Amos 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:16am On Dec 08, 2016
The Message Of Faith - Thursday, December 8th .

Pastor Chris

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17).

A clear understanding and communication of the message of faith is important, because faith is a principle by which we live in the Kingdom of God. The Bible says, “…the just shall live by faith” (Romans 1:17). It shows you just how important faith is. You can’t understand and apply your righteousness in Christ without faith.

In Hebrews 11:6, the Bible says it’s impossible to please God without faith. By faith we activate or appropriate the blessings and provisions of Christ made available to us in the Gospel. It’s the reason Jesus taught the message of faith when He walked the earth; He taught the people the principle of asking and receiving. He said to them, “…whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith” (Mark 11:23).

He said if you have faith, nothing shall be impossible unto you (Matthew 17:20). Recall His remarks to many of those He ministered to; He said to them, “Your faith has made you whole.” Don’t be amongst those who underrate the message of faith. It’s the message of victory and triumph. It’s the message Jesus brought, which He’s committed to us to use in changing our world. Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for sending Jesus to the world, and bringing us the message of faith through Him. Faith is stirred in my heart even now, and I’m strengthened in my spirit, and positioned for the life of endless victories and possibilities. I’ve overcome the world; I’m more than a conqueror; Christ is glorified in, and revealed through me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 11:22
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Luke 17:6
And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 1, Daniel 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 9:11-21, Amos 8-9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:27am On Dec 09, 2016
Guard Your Vision - Friday, December 9th

Pastor Chris

Be sensible and don’t tell everything you know… (Proverbs 12:23 CEV).

When you walk with the Lord, He gives you visions for your future; visions about your life, the things He wants to accomplish with you and through you. He causes you to see into the future so you can head for that future. Everybody may not see what you see, or know the future God is guiding you into. But some people try to tell everybody what God is showing them about their future. That’ll be a mistake, except if He’s the one leading you to talk about it.

Understand that Satan doesn’t know what you see, until you tell him; he doesn’t know everything. When he hears about what you see, then he starts scheming how to work out a plan to try to stop you. There’re people who, because they couldn’t keep certain things to themselves, lost the beautiful idea they received from the Spirit. Once they got the idea for something, they started telling people about it, and Satan got wind of it and devised means to stop the idea from materializing. Don’t give him that chance.

Our theme verse says, “Be sensible and don’t tell everything you know….” Don’t always tell your plans to non-Christians. Whatever idea God gives you, get started with it first before talking about it; or else you may never start. It’s not because the people that know about your vision or even the devil can stop you; no. It’s because there’s a spirit that works with them; they may exude a certain kind of negativism that could dampen your zeal for what God wants you to do, if you’re not careful. So, be spiritually smart. The Bible says, “Watch your words and hold your tongue; you’ll save yourself a lot of grief” (Proverbs 21:23 MSG).

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the visions of the great future that you have for me. My heart is flooded with light to see, comprehend, and apprehend my glorious destiny in Christ. I follow the leading of the Holy Spirit as He unveils His plans and strategies to me in executing the ideas you give me for success in life and ministry, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 3:32
For the froward [is] abomination to the LORD: but his secret [is] with the righteous.

Amos 3:7
Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 2:1-17, Hosea 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 10:1-11, Obadiah 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:29am On Dec 11, 2016
The Power Of True Worship - Sunday, December 11th

Pastor Chris

And there I will meet with the children of Israel, and the tabernacle shall be sanctified by my glory (Exodus 29:43).

In worship, God talks to us. As you minister to Him, He ministers to your spirit as well. Heaven is never silent on the worshipper. When you need direction, guidance or a supernatural intervention, worship the Lord. In Acts 13:1-2, the Bible says, “…as they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Ghost said…” letting us know that the power of God’s Spirit is manifested in an atmosphere of true worship.

True worship isn’t the casual rendition of your favourite Christian tunes; it’s the lifting of your heart and hands to the Lord, in reverence of His awesome majesty. It involves making confessions to His Name on the basis of who He is, in line with the revelation of His personality in the Word.

The Lord Jesus, in John 4:23, outlines true worship as that which is done in spirit and in truth; meaning that you’re to worship the Father from your spirit and according to His Word. For example, His Word says, “...and the lifting up of my hands be as the evening sacrifice” (Psalm 141:2); that means one of the ways of effective worship is to lift your hands to the Lord. There’s something deeply spiritual and powerful in lifting your hands to the Lord in worship; you’re offering to Him a sacrifice of sweet smelling savour.

As you sing and bless His Name, lift your hands to Him as well, and focus on Him. Soon enough, you’ll be enraptured in the warmth of His love and the glory of His divine presence. Do this often; not only when you’re in church, but in your room, car, office—everywhere and anywhere!

Recall what the Lord said to the children of Israel in our opening verse; He was referring to the place of worship. That’s where He meets you, and opens your eyes to see in the spirit and helps you receive the divine touch you need for your next level of glory. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I lift my holy hands to you even now, in love, appreciation and worship! You’ve made my life glorious; you’ve made my path straight; you’ve made my destiny one of greatness and never-ending victories and possibilities; for these, I praise your holy Name and extol your majesty. Thank you for your presence and glory in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Timothy 2:8
I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

John 4:23-24
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Philippians 3:3
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 3:7-22, Hosea 7-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 11:11-19, Jonah 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:01am On Dec 12, 2016
Glory in a Dry Land - Monday, Dec 12

Pastor Chris

For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea (Habakkuk 2:14).

The Lord testified of David that he was a man after His own heart (Acts 13:22). When you study about David, you’ll discover he was so passionate about the glory of God. The pursuit of his soul was to have and to see the glory of God. In Psalm 63:1-2, he said, “O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.”

What a declaration! He described the land as “a dry and thirsty land, where no water is.” “Water,” in this context, typifies the Spirit of God. “A dry and thirsty land” typifies a place that’s destitute of the Spirit of God; a desolate land. David saw in the visions of God that in the sanctuary of God, there’s glory, and there’s power; so he yearned to see the same glory in a land destitute of the Spirit of God.

That tells us something; it makes no difference what obtains in the city or nation where you live or the demons in that particular region that hold sway over men’s lives; you can seek the manifestation of the glory of God in that place. It doesn’t matter the wickedness that has festered or the hunger, depravity, terror, and fear that have kept men in bondage; in that “dry and thirsty” land, you can establish the glory of God.

You do this through intercession and proclamation of the Word. Get filled with the Spirit and proclaim the Word over such countries, regions, cities, and towns. Don’t be quiet; keep at it until the anointing wells up in you to proclaim the Word of God that’ll change things. Under that unction, declare with boldness that the glory of God in the Gospel of Christ fills that land. Soon enough, the light of God’s Word that brings salvation, deliverance, and prosperity will shine brightly in those hitherto dark regions, and there’ll be a great harvest of souls. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the glorious light of your Gospel that’s beaming intensely on the dark places of the earth, bringing salvation, deliverance, prosperity, and imparting righteousness to the spirits of men. I declare that your glory covers the earth, lighting men’s lives to do your will, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 74:20-21 Isaiah 60:1-2

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :
Revelation 4, Hosea 11-14

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :
Revelation 12:1-10 Micah 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:30am On Dec 13, 2016
Meditate On His Love - Tuesday, December 13th .

Pastor Chris

Meanwhile these three remain: faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:13 GNB).

Mark Chapter 5 tells the story of a certain woman who suffered haemorrhage for twelve long years, but was made whole by Jesus. Her audacity of faith must have come from what she heard about Jesus: that He radiated, manifested, and expressed the love of the Father. She must have heard how Jesus restored sight to the blind, raised the dead, made the lame to walk, and even restored maimed limbs. She must have been inspired to hear how He spoke loving words to the hurting, the rejected, downtrodden, and broken-hearted.

She was therefore convinced that Jesus wouldn’t reject her if she came to Him. Thus, she pressed through the crowd at the risk of her life to get to Him. Remember, the Law forbade her to have physical contact with others; she’d have been stoned to death if discovered, for daring to appear in public in her condition. But she had heard that the Master touched and healed lepers: outcasts that were ostracised by society. This most certainly lifted her spirit and rekindled hope within her that she could be well again.

In the account rendered in the Book of Matthew 9:21, the Message translation says, “She was thinking to herself, ‘If I can just put a finger on his robe, I’ll get well....” Notice that it started with a thought. She thought she wouldn’t even need Him to notice her; she could as well tap into that love-power. She did, and she was healed instantly.

What are your thoughts about the Master? Do you consciously meditate on how much He loves you? Everything Jesus is and represents is love. His miracles that we read about in the Bible were all love-inspired. His communication and actions pointed everyone to the Father’s love. He was the revelation of God’s love. He said in John 15:9 (MSG), “I’ve loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love.” He’s saying, “Meditate on my love; stay and be at rest therein!” His unrivalled and unconditional love for you should provoke in you such audacity of faith always.

Prayer...
Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for showing me the true nature of the Father, which is Love. I meditate, embrace, and take advantage of His love today, which in turn is expressed in and through me to everyone in my world; your love in me continually compels me to reach out to heal and bless others around me. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 4:7-10
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 5, Joel 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 12:11-17, Micah 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:54am On Dec 14, 2016
Thought Of Possibilities -
Wednesday, 14th December

Pastor Chris

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth (Mark 9:23).

Imagine someone who’s been given up by doctors to die. If he hears and believes in the love of God, hope will be rekindled in him and he’ll immediately start seeing the possibility of a better life. The Bible says, “ ...hope maketh not ashamed...” (Romans 5:5); in other words, hope that’s anchored on God’s Word will never be dashed.

This is why we must keep preaching and teaching about the love of the Father, so the people of the world can hear and dare to believe, that hope may blossom in their hearts. As they continue to hear and meditate on the message of His love, their hope will translate to faith. No matter what despicable condition people might be in, if they can trust in God’s love for them, there’ll be a change.

Someone might say, “But I’ve been in this terrible condition for as long as I can remember; I’ve done everything I know, to no avail.” Well, first, that may be the problem; the fact that you’ve only done all that you know to do. There’s more you should do that you probably haven’t done, like channelling your thoughts rightly about your condition, to think of the possibility of a change.

With God, there’s no such thing as a hopeless situation. As long as you trust in Him, in His love for you, and His ability to put you over, you could have a miracle. Love brings hope. Love inspires faith. God loves you and He already did the ultimate for you. Romans 8:32 says, “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” This is such an important food for thought. It should give you the mentality of possibilities, victories, increase, and abundance.

Think, believe, and accept that the miracle or healing you desire isn’t only possible, but has already been made available to you. 2 Peter 1:3 says, He’s given us all things that pertain unto life and godliness. Quit the struggle. Don’t try to make anything happen, because He’s already made all things yours (1 Corinthians 3:21). Believe, receive, and walk in the light of His Word. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I take advantage of your great love for me, for I know that above all things, you desire that I prosper, walk in health, and enjoy life to the full. I rest and bask in your love, which inspires faith and hope in my spirit, causing me to live triumphantly today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Philippians 4:8,
1 Corinthians 3:21,
2 Peter 1:3

1 Year Bible Reading Plan:
Revelation 6 Amos 1-4

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :
Revelation 13:1-10 Micah 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Dec 15, 2016
His Virtue In Our Spirits - Thursday, December 15th

Pastor Chris

That is why I would remind you to stir up (re-kindle the embers of, fan the flame of, and keep burning) the [gracious] gift of God, [the inner fire] that is in you by means of the laying on of my hands [with those of the elders at your ordination] (2 Timothy 1:6 AMP).

As Christians, we’re not ordinary. Jesus said, “…as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you” (John 20:21). He gave us power and authority to minister and be a blessing to our world. Paul said, “…we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us” (2 Corinthians 4:7). We can minister to the sick, the oppressed, and depressed and have virtue go out from us to them. God’s power in us is to flow from us to those in need of God’s touch in their lives.

This is why you take out time to stir up the power of the Spirit in you again and again; get yourself filled with the Spirit always! Ephesians 5:18 says, “…keep on being filled with the Spirit” (ISV); it’s not a one-off, but a continual experience. You’re to maintain the glow of the Spirit in your life; keep His fire burning in your spirit with unquenchable intensity. Be dressed and fully clothed with Him all the time. Before you hit the streets, “dress” in the Holy Ghost! Soak yourself in Him, and when you face a crisis, His power in you will be activated, for His glory.

Stir that power always by speaking in tongues, meditating on the Word and living out the Word. His glory is in the Word; as you live in, by, and through the Word, you cause His glory and power to be manifested in and around you. Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life, and the effectual workings of that power in and through me. Christ lives in me, and I’m His extension in the world today, to touch, heal, bless, strengthen and uplift. I take advantage of this divine privilege of manifesting the glorious virtues in my spirit to others, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 6:19
And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed [them] all.

Micah 3:8
But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 7, Amos 5-9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 13:11-18, Micah 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:29am On Dec 17, 2016
Endowed To Prosper - Saturday, December 17th .

Pastor Chris

But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth... (Deuteronomy 8:18).

The word “power” in the verse above means an enablement; it means strength or ability. So, it should actually read, “But you shall remember the Lord your God: for it is he that enables, strengthens, and gives you the ability to get wealth.” Throughout the scriptures, the way God enabled anyone was by the Spirit, and through His Word.

For example, we read what He said to Saul in 1 Samuel 10:6: “And the Spirit of the Lord will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.” When the Spirit came on God’s people in the Old Testament, they were supernaturally enabled. Then we read in Genesis 12:2, God’s word to Abraham: “…I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing.” That was an enablement; the ability for greatness; the strength and power to prosper, was conferred on him when God spoke those words to him.

Now, about us, the new creation, Galatians 3 establishes the profound truth that we’re Abraham’s seed. In the twenty-ninth verse, Paul submits, “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Thus, as the seed of Abraham, the supernatural ability for greatness, success and a life of endless victories and possibilities have been conferred on you. Nothing is impossible for you, and with you anymore, because the Holy Spirit lives in you. Your consciousness of His indwelling presence, and walk in the light of His Word about you is your guarantee of a life of ever-increasing glory.

Learn to yield yourself to the Holy Spirit; listen to His voice inside you. He’s the greater One and has brought into your life the supernatural endowment to prosper.

Confession....
The Holy Spirit has granted me the supernatural advantage in life. I’ve been divinely enabled to walk in righteousness, prosperity, health, success, and victory. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I walk in greatness and superabundance today. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
Colossians 1:9-11
For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 9, Jonah 1-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 14:11-20, Habakkuk 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:39am On Dec 18, 2016
Affirming His Greatness In Worship - Sunday, December 18th

Pastor Chris

As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them (Acts 13:2).

Luke, by the inspiration of the Spirit, pens for us how certain prophets and teachers in the church at Antioch ministered to the Lord and fasted, and received guidance and instruction from the Lord. Notice they didn’t have to cry, scream, bawl or wail, “Lord, we want to hear your voice; please speak to us.” All they did was that they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, and He blessed them with His Word and guidance.

How do you minister to the Lord? It’s by worshiping Him, singing, and affirming His praise, making confessions to His Name. The way to make confession to His Name is to affirm His greatness and to declare what He’s done; you proclaim His marvellous works, and attribute the goodness in the world, and the blessings you enjoy, to His mighty Name. You affirm the beautiful things He’s done in your life. And, you confess and speak words that are consistent with what He’s said about Himself.

Hebrews 13:15 says, “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.” The phrase “giving thanks” is the Greek word “homologeo,” which means, “to make confessions to His Name.” This is different from just saying, “I thank you Lord”; rather, you consciously make confession to the greatness of His Name.

You can do that even now! Tell Him how worthy He is, and how He’s given you an indestructible, indomitable and impregnable life. Affirm that He’s the strong and breasted One; the most-high God; the living and faithful God, the healer, the provider and supplier of all good things. Declare that He’s greater than all. As you reverently utter these beautiful words to the Lord in worship, you’re ministering to Him. In turn, He’ll minister to you and speak words to you that’ll launch you into your next and greater level of glory.

Prayer...
Dear Father, you alone are worthy of all praise, and I extol your mighty Name; you’re the healer, the provider, and supplier of all good things; you’re greater than all. Your Name is great and your dominion is everlasting; your love, mercies and compassion fills the earth! You’re glorified in my life, and in all the earth, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Revelation 7:11-12
And all the angels stood round about the throne, and [about] the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, [be] unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 19:1
And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

Psalm 98:1-4
O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory. 2 The LORD hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen. 3 He hath remembered his mercy and his truth toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God. 4 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 10, Micah 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 15:1-8, Habakkuk 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:05am On Dec 19, 2016
Look In The Word To Know Who You Are - Monday, December 19th

Pastor Chris

Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures (James 1:18).

We’re the cream of God’s creation; the first and best of all that He made. We’re the manifestation of His glory; His dream come true. Hallelujah! You may look at yourself, and wonder, “Could this really be who I am?” You don’t seem to have light beaming off you as you walk the streets. You have unpaid bills; the last diagnosis you received from the doctors wasn’t quite encouraging. There’s trouble at home and at work. “How am I the manifestation of the glory of God?” you might be asking.

First, the Word of God is true, irrespective of your experience. What God wants is that you look to His Word always, and not at yourself or your experiences. Meditate on the Word, not on yourself! Meditate on what God says about you: you’re the express image of His person, and the effulgence or brightness of His glory; you’re His trophy! Meditate on that, and as you do, you become what the Word says.

2 Corinthians 3:18 says, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” As you meditate on the Word, you become who and what God says you are. Too many people meditate on themselves and their problems, instead of contemplating the Word. They go through life feeling discouraged, because of what they’ve gone through, or what somebody did or said to them. It’s time to shift focus; fix your gaze only on the Word.

If you wanted to look at your body, you won’t check your shadow to know what you’re like, would you? You’d rather look at the mirror. Likewise, the only way you can know what the real you (your spirit) is like, and the power and glory in you, is to look in God’s mirror. God’s Word reveals who you are, what you have, your abilities, and limitless potentials in Christ; so look in the Word to know who you are.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, which transforms my life and catapults me from glory to glory. I refuse to look at the shadows, but on the realities in your Word, and i’m thus positioned for the transcendent and ever-glorious life of righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Jonah 2:8
They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 11, Micah 4-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 16:1-10, Zephaniah 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:14am On Dec 20, 2016
Curing Unbelief - Tuesday, December 20th .

Pastor Chris

And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching (Mark 6:5-6).

In Mark 9, we read how the disciples of Jesus tried to cast a devil out of a young boy, but to no avail. When Jesus arrived, the father of the demon-possessed boy pleaded with Him for help. Straightway, Jesus rebuked the demon, and the boy was healed instantly. This marvelled the disciples, because Jesus didn’t do anything different from what they did (at least, so it seemed). Distraught, they came to Jesus privately and asked Him, “Master, why couldn’t we cast the devil out?”

The Master replied them plainly, “…Because of your unbelief…” (Matthew 17:20). The disciples certainly didn’t think their problem was unbelief; otherwise, they wouldn’t have asked Jesus the question in the first place. They believed; that’s why they were with Jesus! They thought they had faith; that’s why they dared to cast the devil out! However, Jesus knew better; He stated the missing link as “unbelief.”

Many people find themselves in similar situations today. They wonder why they didn’t get the job or the money, despite all their prayers and confessions. Well, like the disciples of Jesus, it’s because of their unbelief. The fact that you didn’t get what you wanted doesn’t mean the Gospel you received isn’t working. Rather, it simply shows that you need to learn more of God’s Word and act on it. Unbelief is the result of insufficient information from God’s Word. The cure, therefore, is the teaching of God’s Word. Keep bombarding your spirit with God’s Word to rid it of unbelief.

When the Lord Jesus experienced unbelief from the people in His hometown of Nazareth, He resorted to teaching the Word. Mark 6:6 says He marvelled because of their unbelief and went into their villages, teaching the Word. That’s how you get rid of unbelief. When people have difficulty believing, teach them the Scriptures. Explain to them how the power of God works, and faith will be stirred in them to receive whatever miracles they desire, and they’ll be able to retain it.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I rejoice at your Word, which prevails in and through me today. I consciously saturate my heart with the Word of faith, which is able to build me up, and propel me in my destiny in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Romans 10:17
So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 12, Micah 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 16:11-21, Zephaniah 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:20am On Dec 21, 2016
Our Confidence In His Righteousness - Wednesday, December 21st .

Pastor Chris

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Romans 8:3-4).

The Apostle Paul, prior to his conversion, prided himself as being blameless in keeping the righteousness, which is of the Law. He said, “If anyone else thinks he has reasons to have confidence in the flesh—legalistic righteousness or the righteousness which is of the Law—I have more” (Philippians 3:4). He then went ahead to enumerate his credentials: “circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for legalistic righteousness, faultless” (Philippians 3:5-6 NIV).

From the human perspective, he kept the Law perfectly, but when God showed him the imperfection of his life, he conceded that there was no use having confidence in one’s so-called good works or self-righteousness.

The Word declares that the Law made nothing perfect but the bringing in of a better hope did (Hebrews 7:19). But blessed be God! Acts 13:38-39 says, “Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man (Jesus Christ) is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.”

Don’t try to impress God with your religious performances; don’t think the reason He’ll answer your prayers is because you haven’t done anything wrong in the last few weeks; no! He hears and answers your prayer because His righteousness has been fulfilled in Christ, and you prayed in the Name of Jesus. The summary of the Gospel is that you’re found in Christ, not having your own righteousness, but have embraced and are confident in God’s righteousness (Philippians 3:8-9).

Confession...
I boldly affirm that I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. I don’t walk according to my senses, but according to the Spirit; for the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in me. I walk in the consciousness of my righteousness today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 3:21-26
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, [I say], at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 13:1-10, Nahum 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 17:1-10, Haggai 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:06am On Dec 22, 2016
Your Presence Means Blessings - Thursday, December 22nd

Pastor Chris

And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian (Genesis 39:2).

As a Christian, no matter what happens around you, refuse to fret, fear or be discouraged, because you’re the seed of Abraham. Always choose to see things from that perspective. You might say, “But I’m going through difficult times right now; I even just lost my job.” Still, refuse to be discouraged or dismayed. In fact, if you’d only see from the perspective of who you really are in Christ, you’d realise that you didn’t lose your job; the organisation probably lost you!

You’re a treasure, a gem, a star, and a champion! Your presence anywhere means blessings, because you’re the blessed of the Lord! You own the world. Your potentials, abilities, and wisdom are limitless! Your presence in an organisation means blessings for the organisation and everyone in that organisation.

Now, this isn’t for the guy who’s ineffective at work and gets laid-off; no; I’m talking about Abraham’s seed! Abraham’s seed is effective; he’s fruitful and productive in every good work. Whatever he does prospers; that’s his heritage. This is how you must think. Consider Joseph, even though he had been sold into slavery, falsely accused and imprisoned, he was still a blessing, so much so that he was placed in charge of all the other prisoners. Prior to that, as a slave in Potiphar’s house, Potiphar recognised that God blessed him because of Joseph, and made Joseph the overseer of his entire estate.

You’re blessed and you carry the blessing. Where you go, God goes; what and whom you bless, is blessed. Because of you, your school, neighbourhood, city or country is blessed. Recall God’s Word to Abraham, “…and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed” (Genesis 26:4). That’s exactly what we do; we convey and distribute blessings. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for blessing me and making me a blessing. You’ve made me prosperous and effective; a blessing to this world, and a dispenser and distributor of your righteousness, love, kindness and goodness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Genesis 30:27
And Laban said unto him, I pray thee, if I have found favour in thine eyes, [tarry: for] I have learned by experience that the LORD hath blessed me for thy sake.

Genesis 39:5
And it came to pass from the time [that] he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian's house for Joseph's sake; and the blessing of the LORD was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 13:11-14:1-20, Habakkuk 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 17:11-18, Haggai 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:19am On Dec 23, 2016
Never Without Help - Friday, December 23rd

Pastor Chris

I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, desolate, bereaved, forlorn, helpless]; I will come [back] to you (John 14:18 AMP).

The Greek word for “comfortless” is “orphanos,” meaning helpless or fatherless. Jesus, though in heaven, didn’t leave us helpless. He sent us the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit has come to live in you, and as you yield to Him and trust Him with your life, He’ll make you successful in all things. He’s your unparalleled advantage. Those who don’t recognise and fellowship with Him, struggle through life. They’re the ones constantly in need, pain and defeat.

There’s no need for a Christian to pray, “Oh God, help me,” when he has the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is all the help you need. Asking God for help in that manner is praying from a position of disadvantage; Jesus already said that you have a helper in the Holy Spirit. When you pray with such negativism, there’ll be confusion in your spirit, and Satan would take advantage of your ignorance.

Never say, “Lord, help me”; rather say, “I’m mightily helped of the Lord, because the Holy Spirit—my supreme advantage—lives in me.” It’s the responsibility of the Holy Spirit to lead, guide, strengthen, and teach you the things of the Kingdom of God. But it’s your responsibility to yield to Him and let Him have His way in your life. It’s your responsibility to open your heart to Him and live in, and by His Word.

The Bible says, “Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt…” (Colossians 4:6). This means you should only speak glorious things; words that are consistent with the provisions of the Gospel. Therefore, affirm always that you’re never without help. It makes no difference how riotous the storms get or the intensity of the fire; the Holy Spirit is your refuge and strength—a very present help in the day of trouble.

No wonder He says, “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee” (Isaiah 43:2).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I acknowledge the precious Holy Spirit you’ve given me; He’s my Comforter, Counsellor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby. I’m mightily helped of you, and therefore confident that my progress, prosperity and advancement is evident, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 14:26
But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Zechariah 4:6
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This [is] the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 15, Zephaniah 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 18:1-12, Zechariah 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:15am On Dec 24, 2016
The Real Reason For Christmas - Saturday, December 24th

Pastor Chris

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue (2 Peter 1:3).

Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. Christ, the Messiah came in the flesh; He came to live amongst us (and now in our hearts). Christianity is the divine life of Christ operative in a human person. To be a Christian means Christ has taken up His abode in your spirit; you’ve become God’s dwelling place; His living headquarters.

This is what Jesus made possible for us. He didn’t come just to die for our sins, but to give us the God-kind of life. God made us humans but wanted us to have His kind of life. His plan, according to the Scriptures, was that Jesus would be the one to give us that life, and that we should receive it through faith.

Jesus said “For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;” (John 5:26). 1 John 5:11-12 says, “And thisis the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.” You’ve been called to the transcendent life in Christ. The life in you is immune to infection, because it’s divine; it’s the God-life. No wonder we’re called associates of the God-kind; partakers of the divine nature (2 Peter 1:4).

This is what humanity needs—the life of Christ. That life is imparted into the spirit of anyone who receives Christ Jesus as Lord. The natural man, in all his goodness and self-righteousness, is empty until he receives this glorious life of Christ. You can become a partaker of this supernatural life right now by asking Jesus to be the Lord of your life. That’s why Hecame: to give you eternal life and make you one with God; and that’s the reason for Christmas.

Confession...
The life of God is working in me; in every fiber of my being, in every cell of my blood and in every bone of my body. Therefore, I’m an overcomer, victorious and triumphant over sickness, disease, and the negative systems of this world. I reign in life by Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 16, Haggai 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 18:13-24, Zechariah 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:54am On Dec 25, 2016
Christmas Is Christ Alive In You - Sunday, December 25th

Pastor Chris

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10).

The exciting thing about Christmas is the purpose for which Jesus was born; the reason He came. He came that you might have life—the God-life—to the full. Jesus didn’t come to establish a new religion; neither did He come to show us an example of how to live the good life. He came to make us sons of God. John 1:12 says, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.”

God’s desire was for us to have His kind of life, and His plan, according to the Scriptures, was for Jesus to give us this life. 1 John 5:11-12 says, “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.”

The Apostle Paul referenced something very powerful and significant about the Christ-life in us in Colossians 1:26-27. He writes, “Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”

Have you ever tried to imagine what Christ living in a man really means? If Jesus Christ, who opened blind eyes, unstopped deaf ears, gave the lame new legs to walk, healed the maimed, and raised the dead, truly lives in you, what should that make you? It means you’re invincible; a superman; and an extraordinary success; a victor forever! This is what makes Christmas special; it’s Christ alive in you. He came for you, to live in you, and to live through you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the gift of your Son Jesus, whom you sent to give me eternal life. I have eternal life in my spirit, because I’ve received Christ. Christ in me means glory in my life; it means divinity revealed and expressed in, and through me. I’m the expression of the beauties and righteousness of Christ, bringing wholeness, sanity, and salvation to my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 15:5-6
I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 17, Zechariah 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 19:1-10, Zechariah 5-6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:02am On Dec 26, 2016
Appreciate His Love For You - Monday, December 26th .

Pastor Chris

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us (Ephesians 3:20).

The Lord is more committed to your prosperity and progress than you could ever be. No matter the thoughts and desire you have for success, God sure has better thoughts and plans for your success. It brings to mind what the Spirit revealed through the prophet Jeremiah: “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end” (Jeremiah 29:11).

Can you see that? It means that His thoughts towards you are always good; there’s no single thought of evil, sickness, poverty or negativity in His mind toward you. Think about it! Some people have lived with the erroneous belief that God is mad at them, and His disposition towards them is dependent on how good, nice or well-behaved they’ve been, but that’s not true. First, you need to understand that God is love (1 John 4:8,16). Secondly, He is goodness personified.

Luke’s submission in Acts 10:38 gives us an idea of His nature and disposition; His plans and purpose towards His people. It says, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” Let this be your meditation; ponder deeply on the Father’s love and affectionate disposition towards you. He said in 3 John 1:2, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”

Appreciate the Father’s love for you. He loves you more than you could possibly imagine; He loves you more than you love yourself, and he’s more desirous and passionate about your success than you could ever be. He seeks your good all the time. O, how gracious and loving He is!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I’m grateful for your love, and acknowledge your glory in my life. There’s none like you, blessed Father. You’ve made my heart your dwelling place, and beautified me with your righteousness. Your goodness, mercy, and grace follow me all the days of my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 23:17-18 GNB Don't be envious of sinful people; let reverence for the LORD be the concern of your life. 18 If it is, you have a bright future. ||

1 John 4:10
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 18,
Zechariah 4-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 19:11-21,
Zechariah 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:56am On Dec 27, 2016
Focus On Him - Tuesday, December 27th

Pastor Chris

After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward (Genesis 15:1).

God desires to have your attention. He knows if He has your attention, He can lead and guide you in the destiny He’s planned for you. He knows what’s best for you, and what your life should be. There’s therefore nothing for you to worry over, except to live confidently and joyfully in His Word every day. Living in the Word will cause you to walk in the inheritance and destiny He’s ordained for you.

Focus on the Lord. Give Him your all. Delight yourself in Him, and in the fact that He lives in you. He’s everything you need. To have Him is to have everything. In Genesis 15:1, the Lord said to Abraham, “…I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.” That means “I’m all you need; in me, you have everything!” All you need in life is Christ, for Christ is everything.

Let Him be all that your heart longs for. Let Him be all that thrills and satisfies your soul. Never allow anything distract or take your focus away from serving Him as you should. Set your attention and affection on Him and on the things He cares about. Be a soul winner. Your affection shouldn’t be on the transient things of this world: “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth” (Colossians 3:1-2).

All that you are, and all that you have, are in Him. Your greatness is in Him. He’s your reason for being; therefore, focus on Him and live for Him.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I worship and praise you for giving me insight, understanding, and the ability to set my heart and focus on you to see things only from your perspective. I serve you with all sincerity, commitment, and a wholehearted devotion, for you’re everything to me; you’re my strength, shield and exceeding great reward; I rejoice in you forever, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Psalm 37:4
Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Acts 17:27-28
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 19:1-10, Zechariah 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 20:1-15, Zechariah 9-10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:25am On Dec 28, 2016
Fasting—The Real Essence - Wednesday, December 28th

Pastor Chris

Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly (Joel 2:15).

People fast for different reasons. Some fast because they want to get an answer from God, thinking their fasting would compel Him to answer them. They see fasting as a means of getting God to do something He ordinarily wouldn’t have done, had they not fasted. That’s the wrong idea about fasting. I do fast, but I don’t fast to get God to do something for me. If you’re fasting so that God will do something for you, then you’re doing it for the wrong reason, because He’s done everything for you already. He already said, “All things are yours” (1 Corinthians 3:21); so what then is the purpose of fasting?

You should fast, primarily, because it’s good spiritual exercise designed to bring the flesh under subjection of the spirit. Fasting gets you attuned to the Spirit to hear what God is saying, and be guided to do His will and follow His purpose for your life. Fasting helps you to align with God’s will and purpose, and positions you rightly for God’s Word to come to you. God may have been speaking to you and you may have not been picking His signals. However, through fasting you become sensitive and ready to receive the guidance and direction He’s giving you.

Secondly, and very importantly, you should fast as an act of worship to the Lord. You can decide you just want to give the Lord a lot of attention, to love and cherish Him for some number of days or over a period. At such times you stay away from everything else, especially food, and just focus on Him, fellowshipping with Him.

As you prepare for the coming year, take time to fast and pray; but let it be an opportunity to love and appreciate the Lord. Let it be a time to celebrate the Word and make your faith effectual by acknowledging the good things the Lord has done in you, and for you, in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!

Confession...
Precious Lord, my soul thirsts for you. You alone are my heart’s desire and all I want and long for is to worship and adore you, my Lord and my King! Thank you for making my life glorious, and blessing me with all that I require to be effectual in the life of righteousness. I love you blessed Jesus! Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 58:6-8
[Is] not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? 7 [Is it] not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? 8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.

2 Chronicles 20:3
And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 19:11-21, Zechariah 9-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 21:1-12, Zechariah 11-12

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 269
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.