Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:39 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (248610 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:28am On Mar 09, 2017
The Blessings and Privilege Of Prayer - Thursday, a March 9

Pastor Chris

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint (Luke 18:1).

The victorious and triumphant life, which is God-ordained, and His will for you in Christ, isn’t really possible without prayer. The Bible says, “...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much” (James 5:16). Christians who don’t take advantage of the blessings and privilege that prayer provides easily become victims in life. Prayer is a privilege, as well as a right given to us to approach the Father in faith through His Word, and by the Holy Spirit. That opportunity of fellowship is something the Father always wants us to seize and take advantage of.

In Luke 18:1, Jesus said, “…men ought always to pray, and not to faint.” The ensuing parable He told emphasized the connection we have with the Father in our constant communication that builds faith. It’s one of the beautiful benefits of prayer, in addition to the conditioning of your spirit. Thus, you need to be a praying Christian, and not a “playing” Christian; take your prayer life and routine seriously.

Prayer isn’t something you do when you have a need. That’s where a lot of people have missed it. They see prayer as the avenue to ask God for things, whereas, fellowship—deep communion with the Spirit—is the higher purpose of prayer. When you commit to spending time in fellowship with the Lord, you’ll always be synchronized with the Holy Spirit; His will and purpose will be clear to you.

The power and import of prayer isn’t so much in the answers we get when we pray as it is the impact it has on our spirits. Understand that before you ask, God hears you. However, there’s something about prayer, especially praying in tongues, that affects your spirit and causes it to glow. When you pray in tongues often, the glory of God is revealed in your inner man, causing you to function with divine wisdom.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege of prayer and the tremendous blessings and impact it brings to my spirit. My spirit, through fellowship with you is conditioned to know and walk in your perfect will, and manifest excellence always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Please do download more life changing messages through the link:
http:///2dZqtLQ

Further Study:
James 5:16-17 Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]. 17 Elijah was a human being with a nature such as we have [with feelings, affections, and a constitution like ours]; and he prayed earnestly for it not to rain, and no rain fell on the earth for three years and six months. [I Kings 17:1.]

Jude 1:20 AMP But you, beloved, build yourselves up [founded] on your most holy faith [make progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], praying in the Holy Spirit;

1 Corinthians 14:14-15 For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:1-26, Numbers 24-26
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 21:18-32, Exodus 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:33am On Mar 10, 2017
Fasting influences you - Not God - Friday, March 10th .

Pastor Chris

Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words (Daniel 10:12).

The important thing about fasting is the “purpose” of the fast. There’re those who emphasize fasting for long periods, like forty days, the way Jesus did. Well, the quality of a fast isn’t so much the longevity as it is the purpose. Some people erroneously think that the longer the fast, the more God is moved to answer them; no! God isn’t altered or influenced by your fasting. Your fasting only influences and affects you.

Fasting helps you to become more conscious of the divine nature in you. I’m not talking about the kind of fast that’s done amidst all the distractions imaginable, but the kind where the flesh is completely subdued. I’m referring to the kind where you separate yourself from the rest of the world and spend time to pray, study, and meditate on God’s Word. At such times, it becomes easy for the Lord to get your attention, minister to you, and transform your life, because your affection is fully set on Him.

Through this kind of purposeful fasting, your spirit stands up like a giant; your humanity or the influence of the flesh wanes and your divinity rises. At such a time, when you utter a word, it transcends the arena of the human mind; it proceeds from your spirit with the potency and energy of the Holy Ghost. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Precious Lord, my heart rejoices at your Word today. I’m launched into higher realms of prosperity, blessings and glory. I walk in your perfect will for me, because I’m led by your Spirit from within, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Acts 13:2
As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Acts 14:23
And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

1 Timothy 4:7
But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself [rather] unto godliness.
:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 year Bible Reading Plan :Mark 14:27-52, Numbers 27-28

2 year Bible Reading Plan :Matthew 21:33-46, Exodus 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:18am On Mar 11, 2017
Your Position And Authority In Him - Saturday, March 11th

Pastor Chris
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:6).

The Wuest translation gives an excellent rendering of Ephesians 1:21. It tells us that Jesus is “over and above every government and authority and power and lordship and every name that is constantly being named, not only in this age, but also in the one about to come.” There’s so much that we can do when we apply the deep truth revealed in the verse above. Many Christians have been quiet about too many things, living as though they’re hamstrung or victims in life. If only they’d discover their position and ability in Christ, the glory and power they wield in His Name, things will be different.

We’re seated with Christ in the place of power, in a position of authority. This isn’t a fairy tale. We have His dominion. He’s given you the legal right, as well as the ability to use His Name as an instrument. That Name is greater than every government, or institution, name or title that could be conferred, both in this world and in the world to come. Jesus Christ is LORD over all, and the God of all flesh.

With this knowledge, you can, and should, put a stop to the wars, epidemics, wickedness, perils, and havocs the devil and his cohorts concoct around the world. Psalm 46:9 says, “He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth….”Putting a stop to these things is simple. Jesus said, “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 18:19). Put this to work.

We’re the ones in charge! Use the authority and power of His Name in the prayer of agreement to make your life glorious. Use it to install peace in your home, neighbourhood, city, and country. Use it to carry out the works of righteousness, and establish the will of God in your world. Come together with a fellow believer or maybe your spouse and agree on something you want done, or a situation you want changed. Decree in the Name of Jesus, the specific changes you want, on the basis of your position and authority in Christ, and you’ll have a testimony. Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for my position, authority and ability in Christ! I’m seated with Christ in heavenly places, far above all the hardships, troubles, perils and corrupting influences in the world. I dominate and triumph over circumstances today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 2:5-6
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink 6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 2:9-10
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:53-72, Numbers 29-31

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 22:1-14,
Exodus 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:56am On Mar 12, 2017
Subject your feelings to the Word - Sunday, March 12

Pastor Chris .

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Romans 10:9).

When you ask some Christians, “How do you know you’re saved?” they’d say, “I now feel close to God”; but that’s wrong. Salvation or being
born again has nothing to do with how you feel. That you “feel” close to God doesn’t make you any closer to Him than another Christian who may not “feel” that way. It’s got nothing to do with feelings; it’s a matter of faith. The Bible says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith...” (Ephesians 2:cool. We’re not products of our feelings or what our minds tell us; we’re who and what God says we are.

Refuse to be ruled by your feelings and emotions. Refuse to be dominated by your physical senses. Part of Satan’s stratagems is to make people slaves to their feelings. This is why you must “fight” your feelings. Subject your feelings to the dominion of God’s Word.

With respect to salvation, the Bible says if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord of your life, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, salvation is yours. You’re catapulted from the kingdom of darkness into Light (Romans 10:9). Straightaway, you’re born again with the life and nature of God in your spirit. The Word of God is the proof that you’re born again, not your feelings. Romans 8:16 says, “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.”

Feelings are deceptive; they change with situations and circumstances, but God’s Word is immutable. Believe, accept, and live by God’s Word only.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for ushering me into a life that’s beyond the ordinary plane of natural perception. I flourish in the blessings of salvation— deliverance, divine health, preservation, prosperity and wholeness—consummated for me by the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 8:5-9
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Romans 8:12-15
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Mark 15:1-20 Numbers 32-33
2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Matthew 22:15-22 exodus 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:24pm On Mar 13, 2017
Don't Play Light On Speaking in Tongues - Monday, March 13.

He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church (1 Corinthians 14:4).

Speaking in tongues is so important for us as Christians. The Bible says, “For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing…” (Isaiah 28:11-12). Peter describes it as “…the times of refreshing….” (Acts 3:19). There’s refreshing, rejuvenation, and flourishing for the one who consistently speaks in tongues.

Also, speaking in tongues improves you. The Amplified version of our opening verse says, “He who speaks in a [strange] tongue edifies and improves himself….” When you speak in tongues, you become sensitive to spiritual realities; you’re synchronised with the Spirit, and His voice becomes clear to you. Some people say they don’t know when God is talking to them. If they’ll speak in tongues, their spirits will become sensitive to God, to hear and understand His Word.

Another important benefit of speaking in tongues is the purification of your faith. Jude 1:20 says, “But you, beloved, build yourselves up [founded] on your most holy faith [make progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], praying in the Holy Spirit” (AMP). Your most holy faith is your most sanctified faith; unalloyed faith, devoid of doubt or fear. It’s your highest, purest, and best expression of your faith so far. God expects you to build on that “most holy faith” through speaking in tongues.

The Apostle Paul revealed speaking in tongues as one of his secrets of success in ministry. He was bold to tell the Corinthian church, “I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all” (1 Corinthians 14:18). It goes to show how much he spoke in tongues. No wonder, he was so successful. Choose to speak in tongues more than ever. Edify your spirit. Improve yourself spiritually. Flourish and make progress in your life, with speaking in tongues!

Confession...
I flourish daily like the palm tree, because I’m continually filled with the Spirit. As I speak in tongues even now, I’m edified; my spirit is lifted to function from a vantage position of boldness, audacity and victory in Christ Jesus. I don’t struggle, but enjoy unstoppable growth and progress as I receive guidance and light from the Lord. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 14:2 AMP
For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God, for no one understands or catches his meaning, because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding].

Ephesians 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Jude 1:20 AMP
But you, beloved, build yourselves up [founded] on your most holy faith [make progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], praying in the Holy Spirit;

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Mark 15:21-47, Numbers 34-36
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 22:23-33, Exodus 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:56am On Mar 14, 2017
Frame Your World - Tuesday, March 14th .

Pastor Chris

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear (Hebrews 11:3).

The verse above is so powerful! To get the full import of its message, let’s take a closer look at some of the key words. The first one is “worlds,” which is translated from the Greek word, “aion.” Aion refers to the course of life: how things go with you and how they work around you. It refers to the world as it is: its systems and directions—the different eras, like you’d say, “the life and times of Mr James,” or “The era of the Roman emperors,” the age, or successive ages of men or societies.

Another key term is “word,” which is rendered “rhema” in Greek. Rhema refers to the Word that God speaks, which He addresses directly to the human spirit. It’s different from the “Logos” of God, which created the world: “In the beginning was the Word (Logos), and the Word (Logos) was with God, and the Word (Logos) was God” (John 1:1). Our opening verse, however, isn’t talking about the creation of all things. It says, “Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God….” This is talking about your life and your “aion”: using your faith to frame, repair, arrange, or fashion your life and your world to synchronize with God’s perfect will.

This was what the great elders of faith did: They “framed” their world by the Word (Rhema) of God. That’s another key word: “framed,” which is from the Greek, “katartizo.” It means to mend, to fix, to set in order, to arrange, and to fashion. The elders of faith received the “Rhema” of God, and corrected, fashioned their times with “Rhema”—the spoken Word. The Lord Jesus said, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). That’s “Rhema.” When God speaks His Word to your heart, He’s giving you “Rhema” and He expects you to declare it. Use it to frame your life and your future.

Confession...
The Lord has given me control over everything that concerns me. I refuse to be a victim, but live in the victory and authority I have in Christ. My faith grows strong as I give my heart to the Word, making me unshakeable and immovable at all times. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
Romans 10:8
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Hebrews 13:5
[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 year Bible Reading Plan :Mark 16, Deuteronomy 1-2

2 year Bible Reading Plan :Matthew 22:34-46, Exodus 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:13am On Mar 15, 2017
Your Response is Important - Wednesday, March 15th

Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

God’s Word requires your response. Some Christians haven’t realized this; they don’t know what the Word is for. Imagine that when the elders of the church at Ephesus got the message in our opening verse from the Apostle Paul, they went home saying, “O, I love what he said.” That wouldn’t have changed their lives or their situation.

Someone could tell you he has a gift for you and you’d be happy at the gesture. Though you haven’t received the gift, you may probably say to the person, “I’m so happy about what you’ve said; it’s a blessing to me.” You were blessed just because of what the person said; that’s because we can be blessed by words. The Word of God, certainly, will bless you, but it doesn’t mean you’ll walk in the light of the blessing it conveys. You’d have to respond by affirming the same thing in consent: “He hath said…so that we might boldly say…” (Hebrews 13:5-6).

The purpose of commending you to the Word is for the Word to build you up; the Word has the ability to do it. Now, your response should be, “The Word is building me up. Every time I hear and study the Scriptures, I’m transformed, elevated, energized, and my faith is built strong.” The moment this becomes a reality in your spirit, all you see will be strength, victory, progress, and endless possibilities. You’ll discover that you’re getting stronger and wiser by the day through the Word.

He gave us His Word so we can see, apprehend, and affirm all that freely belongs to us in Christ Jesus.

Confession...
I’m what God says I am. I accept and walk in the light of His Word concerning my salvation, righteousness, divine health, prosperity, and protection. I’ve overcome the world, because the greater One lives in me, and He causes me to triumph everywhere, and flourish in all I do. Glory to God!

Further Study :
Hebrews 13:5
[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 year Bible Reading Plan : Luke 1:1-25,
Deuteronomy 3-4

2 year Bible Reading Plan : Matthew 23:1-12,
Exodus 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:00am On Mar 16, 2017
*Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional*

Wisdom Through The Word - Thursday, March 16th .

Pastor Chris

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him (Proverbs 22:15).

There’re people who never make the right choices or decisions or ask the right questions. What happened to such people? How did they become that way? The answer is in our opening verse. It says, “Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child….” Then it says the rod of correction will drive that foolishness far away from him. The rod of correction isn’t a stick or cudgel; that may help in some cases, but the actual rod of correction is the Word of God in your mouth, and the Word of God is the wisdom of God.

Meaning that, the wisdom of God, coming out of your mouth will drive foolishness away from a child so that as he grows up, he gets wiser. The Apostle Paul hinted on this in his address to Timothy. He charged him to continue in the Word, which he had learnt as a child and had made him wise: “And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus” (2 Timothy 3:15).

Many have grown up without the benefit of correction from the tongue of righteousness. Therefore, they’ve grown up in, and with, foolishness in their hearts, making unwise decisions that have made them victims in life. That can change, if such folks would embrace and begin to live out the Word. The Word in you will make you sagacious, discerning, and smart.

Psalm 119:98 says, “Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser….” Through studying and meditating on the Word, your mindset is elevated to think like God. You become accurately insightful, prudent, and excellent. Open your spirit to the Word and you’ll always walk in the wisdom of God, fulfilling His perfect will. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for revealing your wisdom to me in your Word, which leads and guides me in all my affairs. Your Word in my heart makes me wise and excellent. My life is from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Joshua 1:8 AMP
This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success.

2 Timothy 3:15
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 1:26-56,
Deuteronomy 5-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 23:13-22,
Exodus 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:33am On Mar 17, 2017
Growing Strong and Sturdy in Faith - Friday, March 17.

Pastor Chris

And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ (1 Corinthians 3:1).

In 1 Peter 2:2, the Bible says, “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.” Peter, here, was referring to Christians who had just newly received salvation and needed to feed on the sincere milk of the Word to help them grow, which is okay.

But, in 1 Corinthians 3, Paul wasn’t referring to new converts. He used the Greek word “nepios” which refers to someone who is childish in behaviour, attitude, understanding, and particularly, communication. He rebuked the “nepios” for their continued need for milk though they were no longer children. He said, “I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able” (1 Corinthians 3:2).

It’s like when we tell people who have been Christians for a while, “God is going to heal you today. He’ll make a way for you, where there’s no way. He’ll do your fighting for you; just stand back and see the salvation of the Lord.” That’s for “nepios”—babes. Those who are mature don’t stand back to see the salvation of the Lord; they have their spiritual senses exercised, and go in the offensive to take what belongs to them.

The Bible says, “For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil” (Hebrews 5:13-14). Galatians 4:1 says, “…That the heir, as long as he is a child (nepios), differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all.” Did you see that? Though an inheritance belongs to him, he’ll remain a servant as long as he’s a child. This isn’t God’s dream for His children; He wants them to grow spiritually.

Only the Word of God can make you grow up strong and sturdy in faith. Give attention to God’s Word; it’ll build you up spiritually, mentally, and emotionally, and make you a champion in life.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for building my spirit with your Word, thereby causing me to grow strong and prevailing faith. Your Word is my light and my life, and I desire it more than my necessary food, longing for it even as the deer pants for the water brooks, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Ephesians 4:14-15.
That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ:

Romans 10:17
So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 1:57-80, Deuteronomy 8-10
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 23:23-39, Exodus 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:01am On Mar 19, 2017
Let the Word have Power over your life - Sunday, March 19.

Pastor Chris

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all (1 Timothy 4:15).

The Word of God has a ministry in our lives, and this is something that needs to be emphasized in the body of Christ. The Christian ought to be voracious for the Word. You have to always open your heart and mind to the Word to build, strengthen, and establish you permanently to enjoy all that God has made available to you in Christ. We read the Apostle Paul’s admonition to the young man Timothy, saying, “Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them….” What things was he referring to?

In the preceding chapters, Paul had shared specific and vital truths from God’s Word with Timothy; it was those revelations he urged him to meditate upon. If the Spirit thought it fit to give Timothy such vital counsel through the Apostle Paul, then it’s equally befitting to us today. We’re to constantly meditate on the revelation of God’s Word that we’ve received.

Notice also that he said to him, “…give thyself wholly to them….” That means let the Word have power over your life. Let it dominate your thinking, influence your words, and actions. This is something you do consciously; a deliberate response, initiated from your spirit to the Word of God. The result of this is that your “profiting” will appear to all. The Greek word translated “profiting” is “prokope,” which means furtherance, progress, or advancement. This means your progress becomes apparent when you let the Word have the dominion in your life.

Furthermore, the phrase, “may appear,” also in our opening verse, means more than something coming casually into sight; the Greek term is “Phaneros,” which means, “to spread abroad.” Your success and prosperity will “spread abroad,” become widely and openly known, as you meditate on the Word of God. What a blessing!

Prayer...
Dear Father, My progress and advancement are evident and unstoppable. I’m prospering in all that I do, because I live in, and by the Word, inspired always by the Holy Spirit to produce excellence. Thank you for your wisdom that propels me to act on your Word always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 2:21-52, Deuteronomy 13-15
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 24:12-22, Exodus 28

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:15am On Mar 20, 2017
Use Your Gifts For Him - Monday, March 20th

Pastor Chris

So we are to use our different gifts in accordance with the grace that God has given us. If our gift is to speak God’s message, we should do it according to the faith that we have (Romans 12:6 GNB).

As God’s children, there’s something unique about each one of us; we’re all so uniquely graced and gifted by God. The Bible says, …But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that” (1 Corinthians 7:7). Everything you are in Christ—all the gifts, talents, and abilities God has given you—are to be used for His glory. Whatever the Lord has taught you or is teaching you; whatever He has exposed you to and helped you to know, are all for the furtherance of the Gospel. Therefore, find the opportunity to use them to advance His agenda of soul winning.

Prayerfully consider what more you can do for the Lord. What more can you contribute? Become available; let others benefit from the Lord’s investment in you. You may not even know what you can do, but as you make yourself available, God’s Spirit will help you bring your gifts and talents to the fore.

The Lord has called and chosen you. He’s counting on you; He believes in you. He counted you faithful, and gave you the enablement, the supernatural endowment, to do His work: “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry” (1 Timothy 1:12).

Look out for the need around you; find out what’s necessary to be done in the house of God and be inspired to action. Don’t wait. Put all you’ve got into the furtherance of the Gospel. Be willing to spend and be spent for the Gospel. The gifts and talents that you have are for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:12).

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I’m grateful and honoured for the privilege to be a minister of reconciliation. Through me, many are coming to the knowledge of the Gospel of Christ, which you’ve graciously committed to my trust. My passion for the Gospel is fuelled more than ever before, and I dedicate my all to ensuring that your righteousness is established in the hearts of men, all around the world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Matthew 25:14-15
For [the kingdom of heaven is] as a man travelling into a far country, [who] called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. 15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

Colossians 3:23-24
And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; 24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 3:1-38, Deuteronomy 16-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 24:23-33, Exodus 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
We're like Him - Tuesday, March 21.

Pastor Chris

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of Judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17).

The latter part of our opening verse, referring to Jesus, says, as He is, so are we in this world. If we’re as He is, then it’s important to find out from the Word who Jesus is; how did He live when He walked the earth? The Bible tells us that He healed the sick, raised the dead, and cast out devils. Acts 10:38 says, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” His life was an unending stream of the miraculous.

He walked on water. He talked to deaf ears, and they were unstopped. He spoke to blind eyes and they opened. He talked to lame legs, and they were restored. He was such a marvel. At His word, even maimed limbs grew back. When He hushed the raging tempest, His disciples exclaimed in awe, “What manner of man is this! For he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him” (Luke 8:25).

Now, to think that He did all these as a man, having laid His glory aside (Philippians 2:7), beats the imagination. The glorious manifestations of the supernatural in His life happened before He went to the cross. It was after His resurrection that He became the glorified Christ (1 Peter 1:21). This shows who we are, and what we can do today as new creations in Christ Jesus. The image of the glorified Christ we see in the Word is actually our reflection as new creations in Christ.

So, when you read, “as he is, so are we in this world,” you ought to say, “Blessed be God, as Jesus is, with all His glory, authority, and power, so am I today!” Hallelujah. Meditate on this truth. Consciously think, talk, walk, and act like Jesus. Like Him, boldly proclaim the Word to circumstances and situations and there’ll be a change. Heal the sick; cleanse the lepers, and raise the dead! Bless and touch others with the love of God as Jesus did, for you’re like Him.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me all authority in heaven and on earth to walk in dominion and reign gloriously over circumstances. Thank you for making me the effulgence of your glory. I walk in your wisdom, and triumphantly fulfil your perfect will, manifesting your virtues and perfections, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 1:3
Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

1 Peter 2:9
But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

John 17:22
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 4:1-13, Deuteronomy 18-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Matthew 24:34-44, Exodus 30
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:46am On Mar 22, 2017
All Things are subject to you - Wednesday, March 22.

Pastor Chris

And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church (Ephesians 1:22).

The Lord Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father, far above all principality, and power, might, dominion, and every name that is named. He occupies the most excellent and exalted throne there is; and the good news is that we’re seated with Him. Ephesians 2:4-6 says, “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.”

God gave Jesus authority over all creation. At the mount of transfiguration, He spoke out of heaven and said, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him” (Matthew 17:5). God commanded all of nature, animate and inanimate, to be subject to Jesus. Together, we’re reigning over all things; over all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named.

In the realm of the spirit, you seat with Christ; you occupy His place of authority, with the power of attorney to use His name. All the powers of darkness respond to, and recognize, your authority in Christ. Therefore, be bold to exercise this dominion today and always. You’re not ordinary. You operate from a higher realm where your words are backed with divine power. Ecclesiastes 8:4 says, “Where the word of a king is, there is power….”

All authority has been vested on you to alter the circumstances of your life and establish the righteousness of God in the earth. Now, about us, John writes, “…as he (Jesus) is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17). Therefore, when you speak, all of creation responds. In His Name, you can break the influence of Satan over men’s lives, and declare that the light of His glorious Gospel shines in their hearts.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me all authority in heaven and on earth to walk in dominion over all the powers of the enemy. I thank you for bequeathing to me the power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus and utter words of power and effect changes in my life, job, finances, family, health, etc. I speak life to everything that concerns me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:19
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 4:14-44, Deuteronomy 22-24
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 24:45-51, Exodus 31

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by donnie(m): 9:19am On Mar 22, 2017
Weldone Gombs. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:58am On Mar 23, 2017
Grounded and Settled in the Truth - Thursday, March 23.

Pastor Chris

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so (Acts 17:11).

You might have come across certain people who, though have been Christians for long, yet are not grounded and settled in the truth. They still ask the same questions they’ve been asking for years. Even after showing them answers from the Scriptures, they return with the same questions after some time. You may even think they’re honestly seeking answers, but such attitude is the manifestation of their disquieted, roaming, and unsettled spirit. They’re tormented with worry, having difficulty accepting simple realities. How sad!

As a Christian, you need to be deeply rooted and grounded in the faith, and that happens when you give quality time and attention to God’s Word. Your personal study of, and meditation on the Word of God should remain paramount in your heart and on your mind. Don’t assume you already know enough of God’s Word, because you attend church every Sunday. You need to search the scriptures personally for yourself.

Read our opening verse again and observe those the Spirit praised; they were those who after receiving the Word, went back daily to search the Scriptures, to ascertain the veracity of what they’d been taught. They confirmed the Word for themselves and as a result, they couldn’t be deceived. They became settled and grounded on the truth of God’s Word that they’d been taught.

It’s for the same reason that Paul, by the Spirit, admonished the saints in Colosse, saying, “…continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister” (Colossians 1:23). That’s a message from the Spirit to you today: get grounded and settled! Give yourself wholly to God’s Word (1 Timothy 4:15).

Walk in the light of the things you’ve been taught, and have received; take a hold of them with your spirit. Then, the Holy Spirit will fill your heart and mind with thoughts of faith that’ll energize your spirit, such that you’ll always be victorious and unshakable.

Prayer...
Dear Father, as I study and meditate on your Word, I receive the impartation of faith, and your wisdom propels me to act accordingly; your Word prevails in my life and circumstances. I’m built strong, and established firmly in the faith, as I walk in the light of your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 4:14
That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 5:1-16, Deuteronomy 25-27
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 25:1-13, Exodus 32

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:07am On Mar 24, 2017
Be Concerned About the World - Friday, March 24

Pastor Chris

Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you… (1 Samuel 12:23).

A true soul winner isn’t only concerned about the souls in his immediate locality, but also about the evangelization of the world. You must, with renewed vigour, become concerned about the salvation that Jesus Christ has brought to the whole world. No matter how concerned you are about your locality, you must at the same time think about the regions beyond. Jesus puts it clearly in Mark 16:15: “…Go ye into ALL THE WORLD, and preach the gospel to every creature.”

As we anticipate the Master’s soon return, you may never as one individual, be able to go into the entire world and preach to every soul on the face of the earth. However, there’re ways you can still be effective in global evangelism. One of such ways is through intercession; praying for the salvation of lost souls. Every Christian that’s truly been touched by the Holy Spirit burns with passion for intercession. Therefore, be diligent in praying for lost souls and other believers in different parts of the world who may be experiencing challenges and difficulties.

The Bible tells us to pray for those who are in trouble. Many Christians around the world are being persecuted for their faith. Some are being martyred for believing in Jesus Christ. Some are suffering terribly in hospitals, writhing in severe pains, due to sickness and disease. They may not even have enough faith to think about being healed, but your intercessory prayer can help them.

Some Christians are in prison for offenses they didn’t commit. Then you have the orphans, the poor, and those who have been neglected by society. Don’t just wish that things will get better for them; rather, from time to time, intercede fervidly on their behalf! When you’re that concerned about those that are in need, God programmes your life for abundance, success and prosperity; He grants you increased grace to do more for others.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making the souls of men all over the world beautiful to me. I thank you for stirring in me the spirit of intercession, and today, I make power available for salvation, healing, restoration and protection for my brothers and sisters in Christ, all over the world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

1 Timothy 2:1-2
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and [for] all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 5:17-39, Deuteronomy 28
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 25:14-30, Exodus 33
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:38am On Mar 25, 2017
Members Of His Body - Saturday, March 25th .
Pastor Chris

Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid (1 Corinthians 6:15).

In the opening verse, notice that the Apostle Paul used the plural noun “bodies.” He was writing to the Church at Corinth. If he had used the singular noun “body,” it would have seemed right to argue that he was speaking in generic terms, referring to all of us as “the body of Christ”; that is, the mystical body of Christ as referenced in Romans 12:5: “So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.”

He however expresses a profound truth about our individual connection and oneness with Jesus Christ by saying, “…your bodies are the members of Christ….” This is a most powerful truth in God’s Word that you can apply for your health. It isn’t only your spirit that is part of the mystical body of Christ, your physical body is a member of Christ! This means Christ uses, rules, and functions in your physical body. If this is true, and it is true, where then would sickness come from? Christ is in you; He perambulates in you. Blessed Be God!

Ephesians 1:22-23 says “And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him (Jesus Christ) to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.” It says the body of Christ—the Church—is the fullness of Christ. And since your very physical body is part of the whole structure called the body of Christ, it means that you’re the expression of His reality, His grace, glory, kingdom, power and personality! You’re the expression of His fullness: He is your completeness, but without you, the body isn’t complete.

Every one of us is important in the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:27: “Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.” He uses the term “members in particular, showing that each one is important in the structure. Ephesians 5:30 declares, “For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.”

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for sending Jesus to shed His precious blood and die in my place. In this, I rejoice for His blood was shed for my salvation, soundness, and preservation, to bring me into oneness with you. Thank you for the life of glory and excellence that I have in Christ, and the dominion of your Word in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 5:30
For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Romans 8:10
And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 6:1-16, Deuteronomy 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 25:31-46, Exodus 34
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
Joyful Atmosphere - Sunday, March 26th.

Pastor Chris

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

The “fruit of the Spirit” as used above means the product or feature of the recreated human spirit, one of which is joy. Joy is something you have within you; you can be joyful always, irrespective and independent of circumstances. Someone might say, “Well, I find it difficult to be joyful; the difficulties I’m facing are too dire for me to be happy.” But that’s a mistake; the Bible says, “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations” (James 1:2).

Joy is an emotion that is evoked by satisfaction, appreciation, and pleasure. Joy is powerful, and you can fill your home with it. You can control the atmosphere and bring in joy where there was hitherto anger, sadness, and gloom. Satan has no place and stands no chance in an atmosphere of joy. The Bible says the joy of the Lord is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10). The joy of the Lord in your spirit is the strength you need to prevail against the adversary and triumph over adversities.

Express joy, irrespective of how you feel. You don’t need any jester or comedian to exude the joy of the Lord! Just let it out of your spirit! For example, you just arrived home from work; you can light up that joyful atmosphere by announcing your presence with a cheerful, “Praise the Lord, I’m home! What a wonderful day; I’m so blessed and favoured in Christ!” You could even come in singing; making melody in your heart to the Lord. Before you know it, everyone else in your home will get on the joy train with you, because joy is contagious.

Talk happy. Laugh often. The Bible says, “A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing….” (Proverbs 17:22 AMP). Apart from producing health in you, a joyful spirit also causes your spirit to be energized by the Holy Ghost such that it’s easy to receive revelations from God. So, maintain a joyful atmosphere in, and around you always.

Confession...
The joy of the Lord is my strength, and I rejoice in Him today, for He has filled my life with His goodness. I refuse to be perturbed about anything because in Christ, all things are mine. Therefore, I delight myself in Him, excited that He is my life. In Him I live, and move, and have my being! Blessed be God!

Further Study:

Psalm 16:11
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence [is] fulness of joy; at thy right hand [there are] pleasures for evermore.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Isaiah 12:3
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 6:17-49, Deuteronomy 31-32

2 year Bible Reading Plan :Matthew 26:1-13, Exodus 35
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:49am On Mar 28, 2017
You're From Heaven - Tuesday, March 28.

As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven (1 Corinthians 15:48 NIV).

I want you to notice the tenses in the opening verse. It reads, “As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth….” He should have said, “…so were those who are of the earth…,” since the preceding verb is also in the past tense—“was.” He however used present tense, showing that though Adam is no longer here, the people who are not born again are born after him, and are like him—fallen.

The second part of the verse says, “…and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.” Again, examine the tenses closely: He used the present tense for Jesus. While on earth, Jesus boldly declared, “I’m from above” (John 8:23), even though He was born in Bethlehem. Understand that He became the second and last Adam, not when He was born in Bethlehem, but when He was raised from the dead. That’s when He was born again, and became the head of the new creation. So, Jesus “is…,” but Adam “was…!” If you’re born again, you’re born after the man from heaven, Christ Jesus.

You might have heard people say, “I don’t know that man from Adam?” They’re referring to Adam of the Garden of Eden, because that’s their origin. We never talk like that as new creations, because we’re from heaven. You’ve got to know who you are, and declare it. Moses said to God, “Who shall I say sent me?” God replied, “I AM THAT I AM” (Exodus 3:14). He didn’t say, “I don’t know who I am”; He said, “Tell them, I AM sent you.” In the same way, always be bold to declare who you are, and where you’re from. You’re a God-man from heaven. Hallelujah!

Even now, declare, “I’m from heaven; born of the Word and Spirit of the Lord!” You can’t even say that without the anointing being stirred in your spirit! Such a declaration nullifies the thoughts of weakness or impossibility. Never talk like an earthling because you’re from heaven. You’re not ordinary. “But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Saviour” (Philippians 3:20 NLT).

Confession...
Nothing is impossible with me because I hail from above. All the forces of life and nature are at my disposal, they work together for my good because I’m the King’s kid. I’m conscious of my heavenly heritage and walk in the light of who I am; an associate of the God-kind! Glory to God!

Further Study:
John 3:31
He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

1 John 4:4-6
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

John 15:18-19
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 7:36-50, Joshua 1-2
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 26:26-35, Exodus 37
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:57am On Mar 29, 2017
A New Phase Of Increased Grace - Wednesday, March 29th

Pastor Chris

But he giveth more grace… (James 4:6).

The Lord is doing something beautiful in our day. We’re in a new phase in the move of the Spirit, and in this new phase, tremendous things are happening. The glory of the Lord is everywhere. His righteousness has taken over. His grace has multiplied upon the earth. Here’s what you need to know: The Bible says: “…But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound” (Romans 5:20). Yes, we hear on the news, some of the most terrible things happening in different countries around the world today. But the truth is: Satan isn’t more wicked than God is gracious. If Satan can go to high levels in his wickedness, God can go higher in His grace. God’s grace is greater than Satan’s wickedness.

Even though the iniquity of man has so increased (Matthew 24:12), right now, in the realm of the spirit, there’re angels the Lord has dispatched that are more powerful, working with God’s people in leading men to righteousness. Because Satan has become so ruthless in his wickedness and evil, God also has thrown away the limits in these nations, in His pursuit of souls.

Zechariah 4:6 says, “…Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.” We’re currently in an unprecedented move of the Holy Ghost, such as has never been witnessed in the earth. God’s people are going to be passionate about Christ, about the Holy Ghost, about the written Word more than ever before. There’ll be such insatiable hunger in God’s people for the things of the Spirit. Many today who are invoking calumnies against the Church, and persecuting Christians, are going to turn to Christ like Saul of Tarsus did. He went after the Church, but the Holy Ghost went after him.

Though we’re engaged in a warfare, we’re on the winning side. Satan can’t stand the move of the Spirit that’s going on in our day. So be bold and encouraged to preach the Gospel without fear. The Word of God in your mouth is God talking; nothing can stop it. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for granting me insight into your workings in our day, and for making me relevant and effective in establishing your perfect will in the earth. I pray that more of your children will understand the move of your Spirit in these last days, recognising that they’re not ordinary beings, but living tabernacles and epistles of the living Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Acts 2:17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
:21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].
:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Daily Scripture Reading

1- Year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 8:1-21, Joshua 3-4

2 year Bible Reading Plan :Matthew 26:36-46, Exodus 38
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:04am On Mar 30, 2017
Refuse To Get “Old ” - Thursday, March 30th.

Pastor Chris

Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s (Psalm 103:5).

Joshua 13:1 tells us something interesting about the man Joshua. It says, “Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the LORD said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed.”

Being old here isn’t just about being grey-headed; it has to do with relevance to God and the work of His Kingdom. Joshua was a hundred and ten years old when he died, and wasn’t as old as Moses, who died at the age of one hundred and twenty years. Yet, Moses wasn’t described by God as old. The Bible says, “And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated” (Deuteronomy 34:7).

It doesn’t matter if your years are many, refuse to get “old” in your mind. Old people know too much, and their experiences could make them cynical. They know too much of what doesn’t work. They’re very difficult to be inspired because they always remember that someone tried the same thing they’re being asked to do, and failed. But with young people, it’s different. They can’t think much of what doesn’t work; they take up the challenge. They’re adventurous with God, and for God. That’s why God loves to use them. They always want to learn something new.

Your body might age, but refuse to get old. The Bible says, “Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing” (Psalm 92:13-14). Start seeing with the eyes of the Spirit. When you walk in sync with God’s Spirit, you’ll never run out of strength, ideas, and vision. You’re invigorated for life. He’ll constantly renew, refresh, and rejuvenate you through the Word. Paul said, “For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day” (2 Corinthians 4:16). Hallelujah!

Confession...

The Spirit of God strengthens me in my inner man and my youth is renewed as the eagle’s. I refuse to get old in my mind; rather, I open my heart and mind to fresh ideas from God’s Spirit. Nothing can stop me, for I’m daily vitalized and refreshed through the Word.

Further Study:
1 Timothy 4:12
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Ephesians 4:23
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

Isaiah 43:19
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, [and] rivers in the desert.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-year Bible Reading Plan : Luke 8:22-39, Joshua 5-6

2 year Bible Reading Plan :Matthew 26:47-56, Exodus 39
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:20am On Mar 31, 2017
Beyond The Senses - Friday, March 31st

Pastor Chris

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).

1 Corinthians 2:14 says, “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” This is because Christianity is beyond the senses! The lack of understanding of this truth accounts for the frustrations many experience in their faith-walk. God contacts your spirit, not your mind. Faith emanates from your spirit and not your mind; it’s the response of the human spirit to the Word of God. It has nothing to do with the senses.

Our senses weren’t designed to perceive God; we walk with Him from our spirit; we serve Him with our spirit, and understand spiritual realities through the Spirit. Our minds weren’t fashioned for that; only our spirit can relate with God. And then, based on that relationship, we condition our minds from our spirit to go in the same direction, and control our senses to serve our purpose. That means, the character that we express outwardly will always be dependent on the condition of our spirit—who we are inside.

That’s why we need the Spirit of God to guide us from within. He alone can get deep into the human nature to effect the changes that God wants in us—changes from glory to glory. He alone can guide your mind to think like God, talk like Him, and live accordingly. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for guiding me by your Spirit, to think like you and see things from your perspective, and not merely from the natural standpoint. As I walk in the light of your Word, I experience supernatural growth from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 2:9-12
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Romans 8:12-14
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 8:40-56, Joshua 7-9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 26:57-68,
Exodus 40
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:16pm On Apr 01, 2017
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL ..

CELEBRATE YOUR IDENTITY WITH CHRIST...

Saturday, April 1st..

Pastor Chris..

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels (Mark 8:38).

Hebrews 2:11 describes our oneness with Jesus Christ, for which reason He isn’t ashamed to call us “brethren”— that is, His brothers and sisters. Paul, like the Lord Jesus, wasn’t ashamed of His identity with God’s people either. In Acts 20:32 for example, he called the believers in the Church at Ephesus “brethren,” which refers to the brotherhood; fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God. Being born of the Spirit, we’re heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ.

Sadly, some Christians are ashamed to be identified with other believers. When you refer to them as brother or sister so and so, they quickly rebuff it and say, “Just call me by name; don’t add “brother” or “sister” to it.” Never be that way. Your association with Jesus Christ and His Church is the greatest, most honourable and inspiring identity you could ever have. Celebrate it at every opportunity. Seize every moment to glorify Jesus Christ.

Recall the priceless words of the Lord Jesus in our opening verse. If you’re ashamed to let the world—your friends, family members, colleagues, etc—know that you’re born again, and that you’re a member of the household of faith, the Master also will be ashamed to acknowledge you before the Father and the angels.

Irrespective of anyone’s perception of Christianity, we have the most dignified identity; don’t take it lightly! What could be more sublime than being an associate of the God-kind? Always be excited that you’re a Christian. Be unapologetic in declaring your unwavering allegiance to Christ, His Church and other believers. Nothing, and no one should ever make you dissociate yourself from Christ or repudiate your oneness with Him! Even the fiercest threats or persecution from the adversary shouldn’t get you to cower.

PRAYER.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the faith and strength in my inner man, and the courage to be unapologetic in professing my oneness with you, and association with other believers. I’m glad to be in Christ, and belong in the household of God. Nothing in this world could be more sublime than being an associate of the God-kind! Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Luke 12:8-9 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: 9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:1-17,
Joshua 10-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 26:69-75,
Leviticus 1

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:24am On Apr 02, 2017
Working The Word - Sunday, April 2nd .
Pastor Chris

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).

It makes no difference your present level in life; perhaps your current situation is so dire that you no longer see a way out. I have good news for you: the Word of God can lift you from where you are to your next level of glory and success. Read our opening verse again and see part of the ministry, ability, and efficacy of the Word in your life. The Word can build your faith strong; it can build every aspect of your life.

But the question is: how do you make the Word work for you? It’s by personalising it and responding accordingly. Personalising it means you take it as God’s Word to you personally, and then act accordingly.

The Word won’t work for you just because it exists in the pages of the Bible; you have to work it out. Philippians 2:12 says to work out your own salvation; use the Word to create and sustain your victories in life. Every time you study, hear or meditate on the Word, take possession of it; apprehend it and make it yours, and it’ll become a force in your spirit that causes you to speak and act accordingly.

Once you’ve taken a hold of it and allowed it to settle in your spirit, something powerful will result, as seen in the very words of the Lord Jesus: _“If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you” (John 15:7). This means that with the Word in you, you can ask anything you want, and even if it doesn’t exist, it’ll be created! The Word in your mouth is a creative force; it’ll bring forth miracles. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me your Word as the material to build my faith strong, and cause circumstances to conform to the life of glory and limitless potentials I have in Christ. I thank you for your blessings and my glorious inheritance in Christ, which I blissfully enjoy, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:18-36, Joshua 13-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:1-10, Leviticus 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:52am On Apr 03, 2017
Meditation With Celebration - Monday, April 3rd. .

Pastor Chris..

This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success (Joshua 1:8 AMP).

You can make your way prosperous, deal wisely and have good success in every area of your life, and the key to making that happen is meditation on the Word: meditation with celebration. You can literally set a time for your prosperity and promotion. You can tell yourself, “In the next two months, I’m going to achieve a higher level of success,” and it’ll be so, if you’d meditate on God’s Word.

Meditation has three levels. The first level is when you quietly ponder over the Scriptures, speaking and muttering them under your voice. At this level, it’s quiet; someone close to you may not even hear you; however, it drives the Word deep into your heart.

The second level is when you speak the Word aloud, not for the benefit of those who may be present with you, but for your own benefit. In fact, you may be in your room, or any private place, but you’re talking the Word out loud, causing it to gain the ascendancy in you, and drown all negative thoughts.

The third level of meditation is actually the highest level, and that’s our focus in today’s study: it’s meditation with celebration. It’s when you shout or “roar” God’s Word in celebration of your victory. It’s likened to the roaring of a lion at his prey; a roar of joy and celebration: “Their roaring shall be like a lion, they shall roar like young lions: yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry it away safe, and none shall deliver it” (Isaiah 5:29).

At the third level, you’re shouting the Word in celebration because you know that you’ve got the victory! Come what may, nothing can take it away from you! You know that you’re more than a conqueror; an eternal victor in Christ Jesus! Practise this.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for stirring up faith in me, and granting me the wisdom to chart my course in the direction of your perfect will, enjoying the benefits of my transcendent life in Christ! I’m making my way prosperous, making progress, and dealing wisely in all my affairs, because your Word propels and inspires the right actions in me always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
1 Timothy 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Psalm 1:2-3 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:37-62,
Joshua 16-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:11-25,
Leviticus 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:56am On Apr 04, 2017
A Lifestyle of Rest - Tuesday, April 4

Pastor Chris

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things (Matthew 6:31-32).

Many today are burdened with stress and anxiety. They’re worried about their work, family, business, finances, etc. God doesn’t want that for any of His children. Worry sets before you a magnetic force that attracts things that are consistent with it. It has its fears, fears of negative possibilities. If you keep worrying about losing your job, for example, soon enough you’ll lose it.

The cure for worrying is to stay your mind on God’s Word. Philippians 4:6 says, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”So, rather than worry, ask and receive whatever you require, and live in the consciousness of His victory, grace and excellence in the different areas of life!

Anything short of a life of absolute rest, joy, and fulfilment in Christ Jesus, isn’t God’s best for you. Hebrews 4:3 says, “For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.” This is very powerful and touching. God finished all His works from the foundation of the world before He made man, and now He’s at rest. He’s not working or creating new things today nor is He modifying the things He already made. He’s seated in heaven, not pacing and wondering what else needs to be done. This is the kind of life He’s given us; a life free of struggles.

The Bible says, There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief”(Hebrews 4:9-11).

Living in God’s rest is one of the blessings for the new creation, and the way to live in it is living by faith in God’s Word. Embrace the Master’s invitation to a stress-free life, and live accordingly. He said, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30).

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the life of rest, joy, and fulfilment you’ve granted me in Christ Jesus. I’m seated together with Christ in heavenly places, ruling and reigning with Him. Now and always, I function from the vantage position of peace, and dominion in Christ. Blessed be God!

Further Study:
Matthew 6:25-34
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 10:1-24, Joshua 20-22
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:26-37, Leviticus 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:07am On Apr 05, 2017
Don't Succumb to Pressure - Wednesday, April 5

Pastor Chris

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:17-18).

Why should a Christian read the Scriptures, like our theme verse above and still gripe and moan about challenges? It makes no difference the pressure you face from the adversary; refuse to budge, because the greater One lives in you. Never find yourself wearing a sad look, frustrated, because of the challenges you might be facing. That’s what Satan wants; he likes to see that you’re under the pressure; but don’t give him that luxury.

Christ lives in you. Therefore, when you face crises declare, “Greater is He that’s in me than all the pressures and challenges that could ever come against me!” Whatever you may be going through is a light affliction; always remember that. Learn to laugh no matter the pressure, because every adversity you face will produce for you a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. The Word says so; hence, it’s the only outcome to expect. That’s why you must rejoice in the face of adversity. The Bible says, “…the joy of the LORD is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10).

Learn to celebrate, and rejoice in the Lord, especially when the squeeze is on. Refuse to focus on the problem. Fix your gaze on God’s eternal Word. The Holy Spirit who lives in you will make you triumphant always, and in every situation.

Confession...
I celebrate the Word, its effectiveness in me, and power to put me over all adversities. I’m reigning in righteousness, growing in the grace, wisdom and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. I cause circumstances to align with the perfect will of God for my life through my faith-filled confessions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 92:12-15 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. 13 Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. 14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; 15 To shew that the LORD [is] upright: [he is] my rock, and [there is] no unrighteousness in him.

Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed [is] the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. 8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and [that] spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 10:25-42, Joshua 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 27:38-44, Leviticus 5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:49am On Apr 06, 2017
Safe and Secure in Him - Thursday, April 6

Pastor Chris

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore (Psalm 16:11).

When Jesus said, “You’re in the world, but not of the world” (John 15:19), He meant that you operate in this physical environment, but with a different set of rules. LIt reminds of when the children of Israel left Egypt to the Promised Land; they went with their own atmosphere. The Bible says, “By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night. Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people” (Exodus 13:21-22 NIV).

Everywhere else in the desert was hot and arid, but God’s people were protected by His divine presence. The pillar of cloud shielded them from the scorching heat during the day. At night when it was cold, the pillar of cloud became a pillar of fire and gave them warmth. In the days of Noah, God judged and destroyed the world with a great flood, because the wickedness of man was so great in the earth (Genesis 6:5-cool.

However, God instructed Noah to build an ark where he and his family and all he had would take refuge from the deluge. Noah obeyed. When the flood came, it got so high and fierce, destroying all except those in Noah’s ark. While the flood was a form of destruction to some, it bore the ark higher and those inside the ark were preserved. That ark typified Christ. There’s no destruction for the one who’s in Christ; you’re safe and secure in Him for eternity!

The Psalmist said in Psalm 59:16, “But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.” He’s a safe place. If you’re born again, you’re in Him; your life is hid with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3). Christ is your security, defence, and your fortress. It makes no difference what’s happening out there in the world, refuse to fear. You’re not alone: the greater One lives in you, and you live in Him.

CONFESSION
I’m a new creation in Christ, born into God’s glory. I dwell in safety, and I’m shielded from the insecurity, economic troubles, disappointments, poverty, anger, frustration and discomfort in this world. I’m in Christ, and He’s my defence and salvation. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Psalm 91:1-8
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, [and] from the noisome pestilence. 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler. 5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; [nor] for the arrow [that] flieth by day; 6 [Nor] for the pestilence [that] walketh in darkness; [nor] for the destruction [that] wasteth at noonday. 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; [but] it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 11:1-13, Judges 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 27:45-54, Leviticus 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:16am On Apr 08, 2017
Our Inextricable Oneness - Saturday, April 8th

Pastor Chris

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the pre-eminence (Colossians 1:18).

Did you know that Jesus isn’t complete without us? And by “us”, I mean the Church. We’re inseparably united with Him (1 Corinthians 6:17). Ephesians 1:22-23 says God “…put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all.” He’s the one who fills everything (Ephesians 4:10), yet His fullness is the Church, which is His body.

This should help you understand your importance and relevance to Christ. You’re “in Him,” and He’s “in you.” Without you, He can’t reach the hurting and the lost in the world. Through you, He’s able to express His love to others, and establish His Kingdom in the earth. You’re His extension in the earth, because you hail from Him and are connected to Him. He said in John 15:5, “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” It’s the Father’s grand design for Him to need us just as we need Him: He’s our glory as we are His glory.

In John 17:19-21, Jesus prayed, “…that they also might be sanctified through the truth. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.” This prayer is fulfilled in us today—the new creation—we’ve become one with divinity. 1 Corinthians 12:13 says, “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body….” Then, 1 Corinthians 6:17 declares, “…he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.”

You’ve been literally mingled with the Spirit as one divine creation: “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit” (1 Corinthians 12:13).

Confession...
Christ is my life; in Him I live, and move and have my being! As He is, so am I; His glory is resplendent in me. I’m fruitful, productive and excellent, because I’m one with the Lord, being a member of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. Blessed be God!

Further Study:
Colossians 2:9-12
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Ephesians 5:30
For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 11:37-54, Judges 5-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Matthew 28:1-10, Leviticus 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:15am On Apr 09, 2017
Keeping the Word in your consciousness - Sunday, April 9th

Pastor Chris

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all (1 Timothy 4:15).

Meditating on God’s Word helps to bring the Word to your consciousness. For example, Psalm 1:1-3 says, “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” Meditating on the verses above will get you conscious of, and walk in the light of the blessings therein.

Recall what God said in Joshua 1:8: “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”You can be as successful as you choose to be. Your life can be one of infinite possibilities and victories; the key is meditating on the Word.

Meditating on the Word gives you a fixed mental attitude of victory and success. It causes you to see challenges as stepping-stones for your promotion, and not as obstacles. It causes the Word to mingle with your spirit, becoming a force that propels you to positive actions.

Build a consciousness of the Word in your spirit, and no matter what happens, you’ll always be on top. Develop the winning attitude and mindset of a champion through the power of God’s Word.

Prayer...
Your Word, dear Lord, is a lamp to my feet, and a light that lightens my path. As I meditate on your Word today, I’m transformed; my life gravitates upwards and forwards, with your wisdom, glory, and excellence radiating through me. I deal wisely in the affairs of life, because of the consciousness of your Word in my spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:1-21, Judges 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 28:11-20,Leviticus 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:11am On Apr 10, 2017
Your Confession Establishes it - Monday, April 10.

Pastor Chris

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak (2 Corinthians 4:13).

For your faith to produce results, not only must you know the Word and have it in your consciousness, you must speak it forth. The power is in affirmation. This is where some Christians have missed it; they “confess” the Word to “bring it into being.” They’re trying to get God to do something by their confession, but it doesn’t work that way. The Word of God is truth; you must acknowledge it to be so, and have it in your consciousness through meditation, then your confession establishes it. That’s what we read in our opening verse: if your faith is alive, talk! Your mouth establishes the Word of God in your life.

Jesus said in Mark 11:23, “…whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.” When the Word is in your heart, and spoken forth, it becomes a creative force. God’s Word created everything, and as such can create anything: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God…All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made” (John 1:1-3).

Whatever you desire today, the power to make it happen is in your mouth. Jesus said a good man, out of the good treasures of his heart, brings forth good things (Luke 6:45). What are the good things you’ve created in your heart through meditation? Speak them forth! Bring them into being with your mouth. Use faith-filled words to frame your world, and programme your spirit for success and victory.

Confession...
Out of my innermost being, I bring forth good things. I declare that my life is for glory and beauty; and in my path, there’s life, success, victory, and wealth. I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, holy and sanctified unto God! I flourish like the palm tree; I’m long-lived, stately, upright, useful, and fruitful, and I grow like a cedar in Lebanon; I’m majestic, stable, durable, and incorruptible, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Philemon 1:6
That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 18:21
Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:22-48, Judges 9
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 1:1-13, Leviticus 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:35am On Apr 11, 2017
The life Of Faith - Tuesday, April 11.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6).

Every Christian has faith. The Bible says, “For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith” (Romans 12:3). “Every man that is among you” means every one of us in God’s house; God has made available to us, “the measure” of faith, not “a measure” of faith. This means each of us received the same measure of faith when we received salvation.

If a Christian should then say, “I know why my life is full of ups and downs: it’s because I really don’t have faith.” That wouldn’t be true, because without faith, it’s not possible to receive salvation. When you heard the Gospel, it came packaged with faith, and when you acted on it, faith was imparted to your spirit, to use for the rest of your Christian journey. By using it, you strengthen it, and by hearing more of God’s Word, you increase it.

The Lord Jesus, through His teachings and parables, unveiled faith as a lifestyle; it’s not something to exercise once or twice, but all the time. The best way, therefore, to cultivate the faith lifestyle is by having a perfect understanding of His message. For instance, in Mark 9:23, He said, “…If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” He didn’t say that because of a particular day’s challenge. He wanted you to have the mentality that anything is possible; you can do anything, and achieve anything!

Have the mindset of possibilities and victories only. That vision, idea, target, or dream is possible! Stay your mind on the Word; fuel your faith and take the required step. You’re the believing one, and anything is possible with you. Hallelujah!

Confession...
The God-kind of faith is stirred in my spirit, even now! My life is an endless stream of the miraculous, because I live in, and by, the Word, prevailing over circumstances and winning always. Nothing is impossible to me, because my faith is the victory that overcomes the world. Hallelujah!

Further Study:

Matthew 21:21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

2 Corinthians 5:7
(For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley

Hebrews 11:1-3
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:49-59, Judges 10-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 1:14-28, Leviticus 11

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 255
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.