Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249812 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:14am On Aug 01, 2017
Test the Spirits - Tuesday, August 1st

Pastor Chris

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world (1 John 4:1 NIV).

Some people have asked how they can distinguish between false prophets and true prophets or ministers of God. Well, it’s very easy to know a true minister of God. First, a true prophet or minister of God draws people to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ and to the Word, not to himself or to some other gods.

Secondly, he walks in love. 1 John 4:8 says, “He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” Walking in the love of Christ is very important. In addition, there has to be a consistency of the Word of God in his mouth. A true man of God doesn’t falter on the Word of God. He sticks to the Word, consistently maintaining and upholding the integrity of the Word. He proves the Word, first in his own life.

Another distinctive factor of a true minister is that the things he says come to pass. Now, that’s a little tricky, because sometimes, you could have a true prophet, pastor or evangelist make a mistake and say the wrong thing. Such a mistake could arise from his over enthusiasm or expectations of those around him or even because he’s not paying attention to the Holy Spirit. This, however, doesn’t make him a false prophet.

That’s why it’s important for you to know the Word for yourself. Part of the ministry of the Spirit in your life is to teach you the Word. Rely on Him and you’ll never be deceived. “I have written these things to you because you need to be aware of those who want to lead you astray. But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you all things, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie. So continue in what he has taught you, and continue to live in Christ” (1 John 2:26-27 NLT).

Prayer....
Dear Father, your Word is a light to my path and a lamp to my feet. My steps in life are directed and ordered by you, through the Word and your Spirit. I’m positioned in the right place and at the right time for your purpose, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Matthew 7:15-16
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 -Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 6:1-14, Psalms 56-59

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:22-34, Judges 7

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
Be Conscious That He Lives In You - August 3rd 2017

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:26-27).

In 1 Corinthians 3:16, the Bible says, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” Here, the Apostle Paul wasn’t talking about some imaginations or a fable, but a reality: You’re the temple of God and the Spirit of God lives in you. Who is this awesome, wonderful Holy Spirit that lives in you?

In the Old Testament, the prophet Isaiah described Him as the angel of God’s presence: “In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old” (Isaiah 63:9). The word, “Angel” means, “Messenger.” The Holy Spirit is the messenger or the conveyor of the presence and blessings of God. He’s the One that takes God’s presence from place to place. God Almighty is on His throne, but the Holy Spirit takes His presence and His power wherever God wants it.

Think about the fact that the conveyor of eternal verities lives in you! This means no defeat; no frustration; no lack; no failure, but excellence and glory all the way! We read in our opening scripture, “Christ in you, the hope of glory.” In other words, the Holy Spirit living in you means glory, excellence, strength, victory, joy, peace and prosperity in your life.

Now that you know this truth, affirm it always, because the power of the Word of God works through knowledge and proclamation. Until and unless you live with the consciousness that Christ is alive in you, you’ll live an ordinary life! Christ lives in you. He lives in your spirit, soul, and body. He lives in every fibre of your being—in every bone of your body, and every cell of your blood. He is your life. Blessed be God!

Confession...
God has made me His operational headquarters; therefore, I’m not ordinary. I’m a God-carrying vessel, a conveyor of eternal verities; I can do all things. Christ in me means glory, excellence, and victory in life.

Further Study:
Romans 8:11
“But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”
‭‭
John 14:17
“Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.”

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Romans 7:7-25 Psalms 64-67
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Luke 12:49-59 Judges 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:56am On Aug 04, 2017
Heirs of Prosperity - Friday , August 4th 2017

Pastor Chris

And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise (Galatians 3:29).

If as a Christian you’ve been praying, “O God, prosper me,” then you’ve been praying amiss, because our prosperity, as far as God is concerned, is a settled fact. In Christ Jesus, we’re heirs of prosperity. It’s like praying that God should make you a human being. That’s not going to work! In the same way that the righteousness of God was imparted to your spirit when you were born again, prosperity and greatness have been imparted to your spirit.

2 Corinthians 8:9 says, “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.” What does this mean? First, understand that Jesus never became poor spiritually. So, the scripture above is talking about physical, material, and financial blessings. Jesus became poor for your sake, so that from what He gave up, you might inherit abundance.

Think about this: God laid our sins on Jesus on the cross, and conferred His righteousness on us at His resurrection. In Christ, you’re born His heir. All of God’s wealth and resources belong to you because you’re His heir. The Bible says the silver, gold, precious stones and the whole world belong to Him :“ The silver is mine,and the goldsmith, saith the Lord of hosts” (Haggai 2:cool.
“For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains : and the wild beasts of the field are mine…for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof” (Psalm 50:10-12).

So, as an heir of God, and joint heir with Christ, the silver, the gold, the cattle upon a thousand hills, the world and the fullness thereof, belong to you as much as they belong to Him. No wonder the Bible says, “all things are yours” (1 Corinthians 3:21). See yourself in this light, for this is the truth about your prosperity.

Don’t see your job or business as your source of income, but as a medium to bless others. Reject poverty, sickness, and everything that’s inconsistent with the realities of the God-life, and live a joyful, prosperous life every day.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for this great inheritance, which you've bequeathed to me in Christ. I'll never be broke in my life; I walk in abundance, health and success all my days, because that's your desire for me. Thank you for this great honour, in Jesus' Name. Amen

FURTHER STUDY:

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

1 Corinthians 3:21-22 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; 3:22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :Romans 8:1-17 Psalms 68-69

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 13:1-9 Judges 10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:07am On Aug 06, 2017
Bearers of His Virtues - Sunday, August 6th 2017

Pastor Chris

And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me (Luke 8:46).

Acts 19:11-12 tells us that “…God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them ,and the evil spirits want out of them.” Although the handkerchiefs carried the anointing, they couldn’t move around on their own. They had to be taken to the sick or afflicted, and laid on them. Upon making contact with those who were sick or afflicted, miracles happened: “the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

If handkerchiefs or aprons, which have no intelligence, could do such mighty things because of the virtue that temporarily rubbed on them, the human body, which is actually designed to receive and accommodate the power of God will do much more. With its high level of intelligence and its communications and locomotive ability, the Holy Spirit indwelt human body becomes God’s mobile operational centre to shatter burdens, destroy yokes, and completely obliterate sicknesses, diseases, and infirmities. Glory to God!

In Acts 5:14-16, as Peter walked the streets of Jerusalem, people brought their sick and laid them along his path so his shadow could fall on them. The power and flow of the spirit is recognisable. Peter didn’t have to invite people to his shadow. The people acknowledged the presence of the Spirit in him when they saw the supernatural results it produced.

Blessed be God! We’re full of power and virtue, because we have the Holy Spirit! Through us, God communicates and transports His power wherever He desires. When we stretch or lay our hands on anyone, there’s an effusion of divine virtue. When we speak the Word, there’s an outflow of power and grace. We dispense the glory, because we’re God-carrying vessels:
“But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God,and not of us” (2 Corinthians 4:7). Hallelujah!

Confession....
Dear Father, I thank you for the power of the Holy Spirit that resides and is fully operational in me. When I show up, burdens are lifted, and yokes destroyed. I'm a God-carrying vessel, and a dispenser of eternal verities . Blessed be God

FURTHER STUDY:

Isaiah 10:27
And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

Mark 5:27 - 30
When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. 5:28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. 5:29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. 5:30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :Romans 9:1-29 Psalms 74-77

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 13:22-30 Judges 12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:19am On Aug 07, 2017
Sent In His Name - Monday, August 7

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I said unto you (John 14:26).

The opening verse simply implies that the Holy Spirit was sent by the Father in the Name of Jesus. The Holy Spirit doesn’t have a name; His name isn’t “Holy Ghost” or “Holy Spirit.” That’s just a description of His person or character. Howbeit, He answers to the Name of Jesus.

When you call the name, “Jesus,” the Holy Spirit goes into action. He would have had no right to function in the earth the way He does, had He not come in the Name of someone who had a right to the earth—Jesus. Jesus bought the whole world. He’s called the Son of man and the Son of God; He’s hundred percent man, and hundred percent God. He’s the One that has the right to the whole world. He’s the Seed of Abraham, and heir of all things (Hebrews 1:2).

Today, the Holy Spirit takes the place of the absent Jesus here on earth. He’s here to do whatever Jesus would have done. He’s not less powerful than Jesus. In fact, He was the One who empowered Jesus. The Bible says in Acts 10:38, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” He was that Power!

Now, Jesus is gone to heaven, but the Holy Spirit is here with us, to help us claim everything that belongs to Jesus, and live triumphantly to the glory of God, fulfilling our callings and destinies in Christ. We’re His heirs. The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 2:12, “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.” The One with whom we’re dealing owns the whole world. He’s here in the Name of the Seed of Abraham—Jesus.

Remember, God Almighty willed the whole world to Abraham and to his Seed (Romans 4:13). The Bible says that the Seed of Abraham is Christ, and if you belong to Christ, you’re Abraham’s seed and therefore, an heir according to the promise (Galatians 3:29).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege to use and live in the Name of Jesus. I’m always assured of answers, knowing that the Holy Spirit immediately goes to work on my behalf! Thank you for this wonderful blessing, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

John 14:16-19
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Romans 9:30-10:1-21, Psalms 78
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 13:31-35, Judges 13-14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:50am On Aug 08, 2017
His Glorious Presence in Us - Tuesday, August 8th .

Pastor Chris

I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:20).

Moses made a request of the Lord. He said, “…If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence” (Exodus 33:15). Many today, because of these words, also pray, “Lord, if your presence doesn’t go with me, I won’t move.” You need to understand that the Old Testament was a different dispensation from the New Testament. At that time, Jesus hadn’t come; so they couldn’t enjoy what we’re privileged to enjoy today: that is, His glorious presence “in” us.

When Jesus came, the Jews enjoyed the revelation of “Emmanuel,” which means, “God with us.” What a blessing it was for them back in the day when Jesus walked the streets of Galilee, Nazareth and Capernaum! God almighty, tabernacled in Jesus, was with them! O, what a day! Jesus was the Word incarnate.

However, today, revelation has transcended “Emmanuel.” God is no longer just with us, or amongst us, but lives in us through the Holy Spirit. The Bible tells us that this was a mystery that was hidden in ages and generations past, but now has been revealed to God’s saints: _*“To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27).

Christ in you is greater than “Emmanuel!” Jesus has come, and He has died; He was buried, has arisen, and has ascended. Now, He’s seated in the heavenly realms, but through the Holy Spirit, He lives in our hearts. We thus have access to the divine presence twenty-four hours a day!

In Matthew 28:20, He said, “I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” He lives in you now; He lives in every fibre of your being and every bone of your body. Talking about the Holy Spirit in John 14:17, Jesus said, “…for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.” He was with them as He walked the streets and showed great and mighty miracles, but now, He lives in you. Therefore, you can enjoy the glory of God’s presence, lounge in His love, and be suffused in His wisdom and grace, as you revel in the eternal victories He’s wrought for you.

Prayer....
Dear Father, I thank you, for your divine presence in me has made me more than a man. I’m in union with the Holy Spirit, and live above all the limitations of the human realm. Thank you for your love, abundant grace, mercies and goodness that I enjoy today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 11:1-24, Psalms 79-81

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 14:1-14, Judges 15-16

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:24am On Aug 09, 2017
Open Your Spirit To the Word - Wednesday , August 9th

Pastor Chris

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God (Luke 4:4).

God gave us His Word to live by. His Word isn’t just an account of history and prophecy, but the revelation of His will, nature, character and His eternal purpose for man. His Word is full of power and the inherent ability to produce the message it carries.

The knowledge and understanding of God’s Word, therefore, is imperative in your relationship with Him. When you study and understand the Word of God, you’ll not entertain any doubt as to its efficacy. You won’t wonder if it’s His will for you to be prosperous, healthy and successful in life; you’ll simply expect the Word to produce results in your life.

When you meditate on the Word, it gets into your system to correct every anomaly in your life and in your physical body; be it a growth or a deformed heart.

God said, “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it” (Isaiah 55:11). Learn to receive and respond to God’s Word from your spirit and demonstrate an unequivocal faith in its potency and ability to transform you. Your response to the Word is the vocalization of your faith.

It makes no difference what the issue is: whether it’s sickness, bankruptcy, economic recession, marital problems etc.; God’s Word is the solution. Once you locate the Word in that area, you have the answer. Key-in to a life of beauty, glory, rest, success, health, and prosperity by living in the Word. Open your spirit to the Word as the regulator of your life and keep making progress from glory to glory.

Confession...
I live by the Word; therefore, I'm flourishing like the palm tree, planted by the rivers of water, and everything I do prospers. I'm making progress from glory to glory because I live in the Word. Blessed be God!

Further Study:

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 21:32-33
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

1 -Year Bible Reading Plan:Romans 11:25-36 Psalms 82-84

2- Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 14:15-24 Judges 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:16am On Aug 10, 2017
Don't Beg with His Name - Thursday , August 10th 2017.

Pastor Chris

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God (2 Corinthians 5:20).

The Word of God describes us as “Christ’s ambassadors.” This means we’re officially appointed and designated as His legal representatives in the earth.We’ve been given the power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus. We act in His Name. When we affirm anything or make a decree in the Name of Jesus, it’s as though Jesus Himself decreed it.
We speak for Him, or speak in His place, when we use the Name of Jesus.

Some people resort to begging with that Name, and that’s wrong. How can you beg using the greatest and most powerful name there is?
The Name of Jesus is the biggest Name in all the universe, because it belongs to the One who has all power and authority. And He gave you His Name to live by.

Read Paul’s submission in Philippians 2:9-10, as he describes that Name: “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth.” Don’t beg with that name or in that name; rather, make decrees.

Recall what Peter did with that name in Acts 3.
He used it as an instrument against lameness and paralysis. He eyeballed a man who had been lame from birth and said, “Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk” (Acts 3:6). This wasn’t prayer; Peter didn’t beg God to heal the man. What he did was to use the Name of Jesus as an instrument.

When you make demands on the basis of the instrumentality of the Name of Jesus, He sees to it that it happens (John 14:14). Use His Name to put the devil and his cohorts under your feet—where they belong. Use it to establish yourself in the triumphant life, in all-around success, health, prosperity, and joy. Use it to make your life glorious!

Confession...
Dear Father, thank you for granting me the power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus. I take advantage of this wonderful instrument to put the devil and his demons, sin, sickness and death in their place-defeated! The circumstances of life are compelled to work for my good, in Jesus' Name. Amen

FURTHER STUDY:

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Acts 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan:Romans 12:1-16 Psalms 85-88

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 14:25-35 Judges 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2017
The Church : Full of Glory , Power & Might - Friday, August 11th

Pastor Chris

Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness (Colossians 1:11).

The verse above is part of the prayer of the Spirit through the Apostle Paul for the Church. And since it’s the Spirit’s prayer, it means it’s already been answered. It’ll be wrong now to pray, “Lord, strengthen me with all might”; rather, simply affirm that you’re strengthened, not with some might, but with all might by the Spirit in your inner man. This shows just how powerful we are as Christians. We’re invigorated with miracle-working ability. Blessed be God!

Now, if this were about angel Michael, and how he was strengthened with all might, one might say, “Lord, that’s amazing; he’s such a great angel,” but He’s talking about us in the Church—you and me. We’ve been strengthened with all might, meaning that we’re unlimited in the things that we can do. Nothing is impossible with us; we’re unconquerable.

Even in the face of diverse tests, trials, and persecutions, we’re bold and courageous for, and with the Gospel. There’s strength in us to endure and prevail against adversities, and take a hold of every and any blessing that we may require from within. We’re full of joy, irrespective of our physical condition or our environment.

This is the Church of Jesus Christ; there’s no weakness therein. It’s a glorious Church, a singing Church, a triumphant and thriving Church, full of glory, power and might. Hallelujah!

Confession...
I’m strengthened with all might from within by the power of the Holy Spirit. I can do all things and change the circumstances of my life to conform to God’s perfect will for me, through His power that’s at work in me mightily. Hallelujah!

Further Study :
Ephesians 3:20
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Romans 12:17-13:1-14, Psalms 89

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 15:1-10, Judges 19

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:07pm On Aug 12, 2017
SATURDAY, AUGUST 12th 2017.
BORN INTO LIBERTY.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Some Christians, due to their ignorance of the Word, still maintain a “deliverance mentality”: the mentality of always wanting to be set free from one bondage or the other. Even the kind of songs they sing most times show that they lack the understanding of who the Christian really is. In reality, the Christian doesn’t require “deliverance.”
It’s important that we understand the generic terminology in the Epistles used in referring to all of us as having been saved and delivered. The whole world has been saved and delivered by Jesus Christ through His vicarious death. When He died, He died for everybody. When God raised Him from the dead, He was raised for everybody.
Thus, everybody was raised together with Christ, but that’s the legality of salvation.
It only becomes a vital experience for the one who, in accordance to Romans 10:9, proclaims the lordship of Jesus. At that moment, you’re born again, and are translated into the Kingdom of light. You become a child of God. That’s who the Christian is. Jesus didn’t “set you free.” You were born anew. You’re a new creation without a past, born into the presence of God and into righteousness!
James 1:18 says, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth….” God literally gave birth to us, through the Word. If this is true (and it’s indeed true), how could He give birth to people who’ll still be in servitude or bondage to Satan?
It just doesn’t add up. Get to know who you are. You were born into liberty; the liberty to serve God, the liberty to enjoy your life in Him and be all that He’s called you to be. You’re superior to Satan and therefore could never be in bondage to him. Accept this truth and it’ll put an end to the struggles.
All through the ministry of Jesus, He never needed to be set free or delivered from the devil or any trouble; the Bible says as He is, so are we in this world. Acts 17:28 says, “…in him we live, and move, and have our being….” You’re completely shielded from Satan and his devices and therefore, not in need of any kind of deliverance. That’s the greater truth, and that’s the revelation by which you ought to live.
PRAYER.
I’m a new creation in Christ Jesus, born anew into the liberty of the sons of God! I enjoy my life in Christ , having been blessed richly in all things. I walk in favour, divine health and prosperity every day of my life, in Jesus' Name. Amen
FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 8:1-2
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Colossians 1:12-13
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.
Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Romans 14-15:1-4
Psalms 90-93
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 15:11-19 Judges 20

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
He's Given us His Righteousness - Sunday, August 13th

Pastor Chris

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith (Romans 1:17)

Most religions of the world are reflective of man’s efforts to attain righteousness. Men have been seeking the righteousness of God, struggling and trying their best to become righteous. Sadly, even amongst Christians, there’re those still struggling to be righteous, thinking that if they became more righteous, God will hear their prayers.

The righteousness of God is revealed only in the Gospel, and what the message says is that He’s given us His own righteousness, because we couldn’t get or attain it by ourselves. The Gospel is good news, and what it means, in a nutshell, is that you couldn’t be righteous on your own, no matter how you tried. As a result, God had to give you His own righteousness as a gift. All you have to do is to accept His righteousness, and it’ll be imparted to your spirit and you can live accordingly.

That God has given you His own righteousness is such a liberating truth. The gifts and the calling of God are without repentance (Romans 11:29). It’s also something that can’t be improved upon, because it’s perfect, being God’s own righteousness. This means you can never be more righteous than you already are. You can stand before Him now and always, unashamed. What an amazing reality!

That’s the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Romans 3:24 says, “Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.”*_ We’ve been declared righteous by His grace; we’ve been acquitted by His grace. We’ve been freed of all charges. 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

Jesus took our place of sin and gave us His righteousness. We’re thus the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. We’re as righteous as Jesus is, and this is entirely God’s doing: “To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus” (Romans 3:26). Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Thank you, dear Father, for imparting your righteousness to my spirit! I rejoice, knowing that I now stand justified in your presence. Thank you for ushering me into the transcendent life, where I reign and rule with Christ forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Isaiah 53:10-11
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Romans 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Romans 15:5-13, Psalms 94-98

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 15:20-32, Judges 21

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2017
He's Lavished His Love on You - Monday , August 14th 2017.

Pastor Chris

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not (1 John 3:1).

The word, “bestowed” in our opening verse means, “lavished.”Therefore, putting it rightly, it should read, “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath lavished upon us….”

This is the sense in which God has loved us—with an everlasting love: love without limits. Think about it: we, who shouldn’t have been known of God, who shouldn’t have ever come close to God are now, as a result of the superabundant love He’s lavished upon us accepted of Him. We’re now called the sons of God. This is an amazing reality. 1 John 3:2 says, “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be : but we know that , when he small appear , we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”

Notice it’s not talking about us becoming the sons of God when we get to heaven; it’s not a futuristic thing; we’re sons of God NOW!
However, in our outward appearance, we may not look so, but for sure, when He comes, we shall be like Him in appearance. But already, as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17).
As He is loved of God, so are we. The Father loves you as much as He loves Jesus.

You’re secured in the Father’s love; take advantage of His everlasting love for you.
He loves you as though you were the only one on earth! Not only is His love for you without limits, it’s also unconditional. The Bible says, “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us,and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins” (1 John 4:10). Clearly, He demonstrated His boundless love for us, even while we were yet in sin. Have faith in that love, for it’s been poured out abundantly for you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for lavishly pouring out your love upon me and giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness. I can boldly declare that I've been accepted in the beloved, and blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places Christ , in Jesus ' Name . Amen

Further Study :
1 John 3:1 Romans 5:8 John 3:16

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Romans 15:14-33 Psalms 99-101

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Luke 16:1-12 Ruth 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:10am On Aug 16, 2017
We Win All the Time -Wednesday, August 16th .

Pastor Chris

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us (Romans 8:37).

In Christ, you’re ordained to prosper, succeed, and triumph all the time. We’re supremely and transcendentally blessed in Christ. We win all the time, irrespective of the circumstances and situations we’re in.

Some people believe that an ever-winning, ever-triumphant life in Christ is unrealistic; so they live with the notion that “Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.” That’s not for the child of God. God’s blessing for every one of us, irrespective of the challenges, is that you’re more than a conqueror. It reminds of that old song in which the writer said, “God never said there’ll be no rain; He never said there’ll be no sunshine, but He always promised us a heart full of singing.” In other words, no matter what happens, you’re forever victorious.

Read the Spirit’s submission through Paul about this; it’s so inspiring. He says, “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us”(Romans 8:35-37).

We’re not in the dark. We’re not at the mercy of Satan or the hardship in today’s world. In the midst of the darkness, turmoil, the adversities of life, your victory is a settled fact. 1 John 4:4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” This is a present-hour reality.

You’re not hamstrung; you’re not in the battle all by yourself. The Lord Himself said, “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee” (Isaiah 43:2). Blessed be God! Be confident and assured of victory and a glorious life every day, because Christ is in you (Colossians 1:27). That’s your assurance of winning every day. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the life I have in Christ—a life of victory, progress, and success every day. I prosper and excel in all things as I meditate on the Word, and act on it. I win always, because Christ has been made unto me wisdom, and that wisdom which is my unparalleled advantage, is at work in me mightily, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Romans 8:31
What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 1, Psalms 104-106

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 16:19-31, 1 Samuel 1

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:01am On Aug 17, 2017
Tough on the Inside - Thursday , August 17th 2017.

Pastor Chris

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man (Ephesians 3:14-16).

Once, I was talking to someone who said to me, “I think I’m weak inside.” The reason he thought so was because he realized that in many things in life, he lacked convictions. He didn’t seem to have the will or courage to stand for anything. When he didn’t like something, he couldn’t resist it, because he had inner fears. But when you know the Holy Spirit, things are different; you’re tough on the inside.

Our opening text is the Spirit’s prayer through Paul for the Church at Ephesus. He prayed that they’d be strengthened with might by the Holy Spirit in their innermost being; He wanted them to have inner strength, because not many are strengthened from within. The same prayer is a great blessing for us today, since it’s the will of God. God wants you to be strengthened with might by the Holy Spirit in your inner man.

You don’t have to pray again that He should strengthen you, or complain about lack of strength; rather, respond to His Word by declaring that you’re strengthened from within!
If you’ve been unable to make serious decisions in life, because of fear and timidity, this is what you need. Stand in front of the mirror, point to the image on the other side and say, “You’re tough inside! You’re courageous, bold and sound! You’re invigorated with miracle-working ability in your inner man.”

Refuse to allow anyone describe you as weak or feeble. Your strength isn’t of this world; it’s from the Spirit who lives in you. Therefore, you’re up to any task; you’re bold and strong inside, because the greater One lives in you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for you've strengthened me from within; therefore, every form of weakness and fear is gone from me. I'm strengthened with the strength of God, and with joy, I draw water from the wells of salvation, because the joy of the Lord is my strength. Amen.

Further Study :
Colossians 1:9-11
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Corinthians 4:16
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 2 Psalms 107-108

2 Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 17:1-10 1 Samuel 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:16am On Aug 18, 2017
The consciousness of the Indwelling Christ - Friday, August 18th .

Pastor Chris

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith… (Ephesians 3:17).

God wants you to have the consciousness that Christ lives in you. This consciousness will cause you to live supernaturally every day. You’ll no longer have fears or confusion in your life; you’ll no longer think that you’re limited, because you know that Christ in you is everything: It means glory realized, victory assured, success attained, and prosperity guaranteed.

When you have the Christ consciousness, you’ll be a master over circumstances. You’ll have no sense of lack or need, because to have Christ is to have everything. The whole world is yours. The Apostle Paul, mindful of this, affirmed in 1 Corinthians 3:21, “Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours.”

Paul’s consciousness of the indwelling Christ stood him out as an effective apostle of Jesus Christ. In Philippians 4:13, he said, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” In Colossians 1:29, he said, “Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.” You can do anything, be anything, prosper and excel exceedingly in every good work; it’s about your consciousness of the indwelling Christ!

Have you come to know that Christ literally lives in you? He dwells in your heart by faith, which means you don’t have to “feel” that Christ is in you; it has nothing to do with your feelings, because you live beyond the senses. For example, 1 John 4:4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” You ought, therefore, to have the consciousness that, come what may, you can never be defeated! You’re a victor and a champion, irrespective of the tests, trials or challenges that may come against you.

Nothing can overwhelm you or put you down, because Christ, the greater One, lives in you. Have this consciousness.

Prayer...
Christ is alive in me—in every fibre of my being, every bone of my body, and every cell of my blood. I’m living the supernatural life, naturally, because Christ is in me. I have no sense of lack or want, because the One who created all things, and in whom all things consist, is in me, and I reign in, with, and through Him, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Colossians 1:26
[Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 3, Psalms 109-112

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 17:11-19, 1 Samuel 3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:14am On Aug 19, 2017
Filled With All His Fullness - Saturday, August 19th .

Pastor Chris

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be FILLED WITH ALL THE FULNESS OF GOD (Ephesians 3:19).

Real and authentic Christianity is being filled with the fullness of God. Apart from His extraordinary birth, what made Jesus different from every other prophet that came before Him was the Holy Spirit in Him; that made Him the Christ. Some people say that “Christ” merely means the anointed one. Well, there’s a different sense to this. We know the prophets of old were also anointed: Joshua, Moses, David, Elisha, Samuel, Aaron, and several other prophets in the Old Testament. Howbeit, they had the Spirit in a measure.

What made the difference for Jesus is that He had the Spirit without measure; He had the fullness of the Spirit. John 3:34 says, “For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him." The prophets were all given the Spirit by measure. For instance, the Bible tells us about Joshua: “And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him…” (Deuteronomy 34:9). Moses did that because God asked him to lay his hands on Joshua.

However, in the case of Jesus, He was filled with God. He didn’t just have the Spirit of wisdom, He was wisdom personified. The man, Christ Jesus, was filled with the fullness of God, letting us know that we can also be filled with the fullness of God, for as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). The Bible says, “For it has pleased [the Father] that all the divine fullness (the sum total of the divine perfection, powers, and attributes) should dwell in Him permanently" (Colossians 1:19 AMPC).

Colossians 2:10 says, “And ye are complete in him….”You’re complete in the One in whom the sum total of the divine perfection, powers and attributes permanently dwells. What a blessed reality! It means Christ has found a resting place in you. Everything you require in life is within you. You carry the maximum load of God! Therefore, face life with the consciousness of a victor. You can do anything. Hallelujah!

Confession...
Dear Father, I thank you, for I have received the Spirit without measure, because as Jesus is, so am I in this world. I’m filled with the fullness of God; therefore, nothing is impossible to me. I face life with the consciousness of a victor. I can do anything, because my sufficiency is of God. Hallelujah!

Further Study :

John 14:16-17
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Colossians 2:9-10
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* 1 Corinthians 4, Psalms 113-116

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 17:20-30, 1 Samuel 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

Sunday, August 20th .
Pastor Chris

GIVE HIM RAPT ATTENTION .

My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways (Proverbs 23:26).

In your fellowship with God, you must give Him full, undivided attention. It’s a simple reality that some are yet to learn; they’re carried away and distracted by the cares of this world, worried over the things happening around them instead of acting on the Word. Hebrews 12:2 says, “Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith….” To look unto Him is to give Him your attention; to look away from everything else, unto Him.

You must look away from the seeming discomfort, pain, trouble, pressures and adversities of the moment, unto Him. He’s the answer you need. He’s the solution you seek. He’s the way out of every trouble. He’s your light in the midst of the darkness; therefore, focus on Him. Meditate on His Word. Spend time in fellowship with Him, loving Him and pouring out your heart to Him in reverential worship.

Refuse to whine or gripe over anything. Your situation isn’t going to change if you worry from now till the end of the age. Rather, cast those cares and worries on Him, and stay in the Word. Study the Scriptures and listen to faith-building and spirit-edifying messages; give the Word your full attention. Don’t study the Word and do other things at the same time. If you give the Lord your undivided attention, He’ll give you His undivided attention.

At church meetings, you must demonstrate some discipline; don’t move around or be distracted, especially when the Word is being preached and taught. Give your full attention, and you’ll get the best that the Holy Spirit has prepared for you; you’ll get everything, even beyond your expectation and imagination.

PRAYER

Dear Father, my spirit is attuned to you and attentive to hear and receive from you. I look away from everything else, and focus my gaze on you, blessed Lord Jesus; you’re my everything! You’re my light, my strength, my shield, and my salvation. You’re the One by whose grace and power I prevail and triumph always. Blessed be your Name forever. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Proverbs 4:20
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
:22 For they [are] life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

Proverbs 23:26
My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
1 Corinthians 5,
Psalms 117-118

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 17:31-37,
1 Samuel 5-6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:22am On Aug 21, 2017
Habitation of Blessings-Monday, August 21st

Pastor Chris

And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? (Mark 5:30).

One of the beautiful truths about you as a new creation is the fact that you’re a habitation of blessings, a conveyor and distributor of eternal verities. 1 Corinthians 3:16 says, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?”

The Christian is the house of God, the very temple and holy sanctuary of God. God has chosen to live in you, and thus, bless the world—bring salvation, healing, prosperity, deliverance and help to the world through you. Remember what the Lord said to Abraham, “…I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing” (Genesis 12:2); and He really did bless Abraham.

Paul revealed in Galatians 3:16 that the promised blessing wasn’t to Abraham alone but to Abraham and his seed: “Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of one, and to thy seed, which is Christ.” That seed is Christ. Galatians 3:29 says, “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”

Everywhere you go, you carry blessings with you. When you show up, blessings arrive. Whether or not the people realise it doesn’t change the fact that you’re the conveyor of divine blessings. Anybody can receive something from God by touching you. For example, if a sick person, upon realising that you’re born again and have the Holy Spirit, decides to touch you, he or she could be healed without even asking you anything.

If someone who’s dying of cancer, diabetes or any other infirmity only knew that he doesn’t need to cry or beg God for a miracle! If he’d touch a Christian by faith, he’d receive the much needed healing.

Remember, even without the Master’s consent, a certain woman, who had an issue of blood for twelve years, came in the crowd behind Jesus, touched His clothes and her bleeding stopped at once. We carry that same power and blessing in and with us today, because the Holy Spirit lives in us.

Confession...
I’m the seed of Abraham, and therefore, a distributor of divine blessings. Salvation, righteousness, prosperity, healing, God’s goodness, mercies and grace flow through me to bless my world! I bring succour, hope, deliverance, and joy to many, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
1 Peter 2:9
But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

1 Peter 3:9 MSG
That goes for all of you, no exceptions. No retaliation. No sharp-tongued sarcasm. Instead, bless--that's your job, to bless. You'll be a blessing and also get a blessing.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 6, Psalms 119:1-112

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 18:1-8, 1 Samuel 7-8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:22pm On Aug 22, 2017
SEE YOURSELF THROUGH THE WORD - Tuesday, August 22nd

Pastor Chris

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18).

According to the Word, you’re not the sick trying to get healed, neither are you the poor trying hard to be rich. You’re not the defeated trying to become victorious. Rather, you’re the glory of God, a victor in Christ Jesus, the perfection of divine excellence.

A Christian may be diagnosed with some terrible ailments, and given up on by the doctors to die; perhaps that may even be your story, but if you could only see yourself through the Word; that sickness or disease is a mirage. You’re not the sick, weak, frail and dying person the situation or circumstances are describing. You’re whole, perfect, and sound in Christ.

It brings to mind an instance with a young man who had been diagnosed with a deadly cancerous disease, and was told he had a short time to live. He was brought to one of our meetings, and as I stood before him to minister to him, the Spirit opened my eyes to see his true state, because he’s a Christian. Then I saw that there was no growth in his body, no lump, and no cancer. He was perfectly normal. “How come he’s so sick and dying?” I pondered.

Right there, the Lord told me what the problem was: ignorance of the truth. John 8:32 says, “And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.” This is the problem with many; they don’t know the truth; they’ve believed a lie all along and have therefore lived a lie. No wonder the psalmist cried out, “They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness…I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes” (Psalm 82:5-7).

A Christian isn’t supposed to be sick, let alone die of sickness and disease. In Hosea 4:6, God said, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge….” Ignorance is, and has been, the bane of many; they just don’t know their vantage position of health, prosperity and victory in Christ. This is why you have to develop yourself in Christ and in the things of the Spirit; you have to consciously increase in revelation knowledge of the Word and live above this world.

The Word of God is an instruction manual for you to live by and be thoroughly furnished and trained for the Kingdom life: the life of righteousness, perpetual health, wholeness, victory, prosperity and supreme blessings.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for I’m metamorphosed and positioned by the Word for the higher life of glory and triumph, filled with strength, courage, faith and wisdom to do your will, and fulfil my destiny in you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* 1 Corinthians 7, Psalms 119:113-176

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 18:9-17, 1 Samuel 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:46am On Aug 23, 2017
Growing by the Word - Wednesday, August 23rd .

Pastor Chris

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby (1 Peter 2:2).

Growthis intrinsic to life; it’s a natural course of life. Everything that has life grows; it’s one of the characteristics that differentiate living things from non-living things. As a Christian, your spiritual growth and development are so important, and you can only grow by the Word. God’s Word is food for the human spirit.

The Wordtransforms your life from glory to glory when received with faith, meekness, and gladness. It’s like natural seeds that can only grow well when planted in the right environment. Similarly, if you want to grow spiritually, you must expose your spirit to the Word; you must take advantage of every possible avenue to feed on the Word. It’s one of the reasons you must be an active member of a local church, where you learn the Word of God that imparts faith and builds your spirit strong.

Watching yourself grow up to spiritual maturity can be so exciting. It evokes the kind of excitement, and even better, of watching a new-born baby grow, from crawling, to walking, and eventually running. It’s much better to see yourself develop spiritually, such that the things of this world don’t mean anything to you anymore; your choices have changed; your values have changed; things that used to offend you don’t offend you anymore. Your passion and affection are set only on the things of God. What a life!

Now you’ve learnt to take charge of your health. You know what to do when you face crises in life. That’s part of Christian growth! You come to a point in your life where it doesn’t make any difference what comes against you, because you know that you’re more than a conqueror; the greater One lives in you.

This, however, doesn’t just happen; it’s the result of feasting and feeding on the Word.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for putting in me a deep desire to know you through fellowship with your Word. I yield myself to be inspired, taught, educated, and trained in spiritual things, with my faith strengthened to fulfil my destiny in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

2 Timothy 3:15
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 8, Psalms 120-127

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 18:18-27, 1 Samuel 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:05am On Aug 24, 2017
A Heavenly Pantheon - Thursday, August 24th .

Pastor Chris

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (2 Peter 1:4).

The Apostle Peter in our theme verse tells us we’re partakers of the divine nature. The Greek term is “theias-phuseos,” which really means “God-kind.” Being born again, you’ve been brought into fellowship or oneness with the God-kind; it’s a heavenly pantheon.

It reminds of something in the Greek mythology. The Greek pantheon referred to a collection of all their gods headed by Zeus, the chief god. Our theme scripture shows a greater pantheon headed by Jesus, and we’re in that league, meaning that we’re in a fraternity of divinity; a communion of the God-kind. So, we have a language, an esoteric communication, different from the one the world understands. No wonder the Bible says we speak wisdom among them that are perfect (1 Corinthians 2:6).

This is so powerful! Meditate on this and it’ll lift your vision. Suddenly, you’d realize that indeed, you own this world. You’re more than a conqueror. All things are subject to you, because you’re an associate of the God-kind. This is Christianity: that God would bring man into union with Himself! You’ve been born into God’s class. This is God’s dream for you, not when you get to heaven, but in the now! It’s something He already made possible and available in Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:9 says, _*“God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.”*_ This is what the Gospel of Jesus Christ has made us. You’ve been brought into the unity of spirits with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; it’s a fraternity of the God-kind!

Confession...
I belong in the fraternity of the God-kind, having been born into God’s class, with His divine life in my spirit. I’m indestructible, impregnable, and always victorious. I’ve been translated from the ordinary realm of mankind to the supernatural class of the God-kind. Hallelujah!

Further Study :
Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

1 John 1:3
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* 1 Corinthians 9, Psalms 128-134

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 18:28-34, 1 Samuel 11-12

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2017
We Bear Fruits of Righteousness - Saturday, August 26th

Pastor Chris

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Not only has God given us the gift of righteousness, He’s also made us His righteousness. Part of what this means is that we bear fruits of righteousness. Jesus said, “I am the vine, ye are the branches...” (John 15:5). The beauty of a tree is in its branches. You’re the “branch” of Jesus Christ, which means you carry the beauty of the Son of God.

Isaiah 61:3 calls us trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord of hosts, that He might be glorified. Trees bear fruits after their kind. Therefore, you bear fruits of righteousness (Philippians 1:11). You give vent to God’s best. His glory and excellence are expressed through you.

The people of the world should see you and recognise the excellence and elegance of the Spirit that you exude. The Word says so: “For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands” (Isaiah 55:12).

The “trees of the field” are the people of the world; they clap their hands as they recognise and acknowledge the glory, beauty, and perfection of God in your life. As you manifest the joy and peace of the Lord, the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you, in rejoicing. What a glorious life we have in Christ!

Psalm 92:12-14: “The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing.” This is your heritage in Christ. You’ve been established as a tree of righteousness, ordained to produce fruits and works of righteousness.

Confession...
I’m the workmanship of God in Christ Jesus, His perfection of beauty. I produce fruits and works of righteousness. I flourish even in a dry land, growing luxuriantly, and plush like a well-watered garden. I produce results that are consistent with my nature as the righteousness of God. Glory to His Name forever!

Further Study :
Philippians 1:9-11!
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and [in] all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

2 Corinthians 9:10
Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for [your] food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousnesswink

Ephesians 2:10 AMP
For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Daily Scripture Reading...

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* 1 Corinthians 10:14-11:1, Psalms 139-141

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 19:1-10, 1 Samuel 14

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:22am On Aug 27, 2017
The Gift Of Fellowship - Sunday, August 27th .

Pastor Chris

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord (1 Corinthians 1:9).

Being born again, you’re in fellowship with Jesus Christ. The Greek word for fellowship is “koinonia,” which refers to oneness, partnership, communion, and sharing. We’re one with the Lord, and it’s the greatest thing about our Christianity. It’s the whole essence of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ; His vicarious suffering, and triumphant resurrection brought us into oneness with God. It made us joint heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17). You didn’t qualify for it; you didn’t work your way there; it happened through His calling in Christ Jesus.

We’re in fellowship with the Monarch of the universe. 1 John 1:3 says, “…That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.”

It’s impossible for anyone to know this and live in frustration. You can’t understand this and be uncertain about the future, because you know that you’re in league with the owner of the universe, who loves you more than life. It would have been wonderful for us just to be His servants or His favoured creatures, but He chose to bring us into oneness with Himself. It staggers the mind that the great God of glory would bring you into His class!

The Psalmist couldn’t fathom it, and in his perplexity he submitted, “What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet” (Psalm 8:4-6).

Understand that the world belongs to you because you’re in fellowship with the Creator of the universe. You don’t have to struggle to make ends meet. The grace of God pilots you in victory always and in every situation. You’ve been given a life of transcendental blessings in Christ. It’s part of the blessings that being in fellowship with the Lord confers on you.

Confession...
What an honour, blessing and privilege to be in fellowship with the Creator of the universe. Every limitation is removed! I’m at liberty to serve God and live the transcendent life, enjoying my inheritance as an heir of God and joint heir with Christ. Hallelujah!

Further Study :

2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen.

1 John 1:1
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto uswink
:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 2:11
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified [are] all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 11:2-34, Psalms 142-145

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 19:11-19, 1 Samuel 15

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:48am On Aug 28, 2017
The Gift Of The Holy Spirit - Monday August 28th

Pastor Chris

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38)."

The Holy Spirit is God’s gift to you. Part of His ministry in your life is that He makes the Kingdom of God real to you, so that while you’re in this earth, you live as though you’re in heaven. He imbues you with power and ability to live supernaturally and do supernatural things. No wonder Jesus said to His disciples, “…tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high” (Luke 24:49), and when the Holy Spirit came, they were endued with power.

The reason you should boldly talk to a sinner about Jesus is because the Holy Spirit lives in you, and He’ll convict the sinner of his sins and let him know that Jesus Christ is real. We weren’t there when Jesus Christ was born, crucified, buried, or when He resurrected, or ascended, but we believe in Him. It’s become something you can’t take away from us, because the Holy Spirit has imprinted it in our hearts.

Jesus called Him the Spirit of truth—the Spirit of reality—the One who unveils truth to your spirit. If you want to know the truth about anything, the Holy Spirit will unveil it to you. Many walk in confusion because they haven’t taken advantage of His presence and personal ministry in their lives. He’s the One you need for an ever-joyous, ever-winning life.

There’s no Christianity without the Holy Spirit. He leads you in God’s perfect will. In your journey of faith, He guides you away from looming trouble, if your faith isn’t strong enough. However, if your faith is already built strong, He can lead you right into the trouble, because He knows you’re more than a conqueror.

The Holy Spirit is your captain. Fellowship with Him; talk to Him about anything and everything. He’s more real than the air you breathe, and He lives in you.

Confession...
Dear Father, I thank you for the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life. He’s the captain of my life, and I follow as He leads me to fulfil my destiny in Christ. More than ever, I acknowledge your ministry and presence in my life, precious Holy Spirit, as you guide me to know and walk in the realities of the Kingdom of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Acts 5:32

Acts 10:45

Luke 11:13

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:1 Corinthians 12, Psalms 146-150

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Luke 19:20-27, 1 Samuel 16

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:16am On Aug 29, 2017
No Need to Cry - Tuesday, August 29th .
Pastor Chris

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue (2 Peter 1:3).

The Christian is born an heir of God, and a joint heir with Christ. It’s important therefore to know and discover the things that belong to you in Christ; otherwise, you could live a sad and sorry life, instead of the transcendent life He’s given us.

Many wallow in pain and penury, crying every day to God for help, simply because they’re ignorant of His Word. They don’t know, and therefore can’t take advantage of their rights and blessings in Christ.

A dear Christian lady told a story. She had been chronically sick in the hospital, and given up to die. In her frustration, she said, “I cried every day to God, hoping He’d hear my cries and do something about my situation.” Then she got a hold of our teachings, and the messages stirred faith in her spirit. She learnt that Jesus came that we might have and enjoy life to the full; no need to cry and beg God for anything. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ on our behalf has put an end to all of man’s suffering and pain.

Hitherto, she’d been crying and praying, hoping that God would hear her, but when she received the Word and acted on it, she arose, healed by God’s power.

There’s no need to cry anymore! If you choose, you can have a wonderful life. You can walk in the glory of God every day. This is the life of the Christian, provided by the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Your role is to know the Word for yourself; the Bible says through knowledge shall the just be delivered into their inheritance (Proverbs 11:9).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the gift of your Son Jesus, who died and was raised back to life for my justification, that I may live a glorified life. I walk in the light of my victory and righteousness in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

1 Peter 1:9-11
Receiving the end of your faith, [even] the salvation of [your] souls. 10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace [that should come] unto you: 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Ephesians 1:3
Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 13, Proverbs 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 19:28-40, 1 Samuel 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:13am On Aug 30, 2017
Grace:God's gift to You - Wednesday, August 30th .

Pastor Chris

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ (Ephesians 4:7).

Romans 5:17 says, “For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.” This lets you know you’re not to pray, “O God, give me abundance of grace”; rather, you’re to “receive” abundance of grace. The key word is “receive,” which is translated from the Greek word “lambano” and it means to take possession, to seize something and make it yours.

Those who take personal possession of abundant grace shall reign, not beg, in life. They’ll live victoriously every day, over and above circumstances. That’s what it means to reign. Sometimes, you hear people say, “That’s the reigning thing now,” referring to a trend, fashion, etc.; no, they’re wrong. Nothing else is reigning but you, because you’ve received abundance of grace.

The religious mind might question that and say, “How can you say that? Jesus is the one reigning.” Yes, but He’s reigning through you. The way He reigns today is through us—the Church. Hallelujah! This is so powerful.

Many have only understood grace as the bestowal of divine gifts or “unmerited favour”; but grace means much more. It’s to be endowed with the presence of God. That means God has given Himself to you, thereby giving you all that He has.

God’s grace on your life is the outworking or outward reflection of an inward divine influence: the beauty, power, perfection, excellence, virtue, and glory of divinity in your spirit. It’s that divine influence and endowment that beautifies your spirit and saturates your life with favour, acceptability, liberality, advantage, joy, pleasure, and supernatural gift or ability.

Take advantage of God’s grace in your job, family, finances, health and relationships today. Paul admonished Timothy to take advantage of the grace of God (2 Timothy 2:1) and rule over the devil, sickness, disease, the world and its systems.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you, for I’ve received abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness; therefore, I’m reigning in life, over and above the corrupting influences of this world: sickness, lack, and everything that limits. The grace of God is multiplied in my life through the knowledge of the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Peter 1:2
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord

James 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Romans 5:15
But not as the offence, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 14, Proverbs 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 19:41-48, 1 Samuel 18

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:13am On Aug 31, 2017
There's More Grace For You - Thursday, August 31st .

Pastor Chris

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble (James 4:6).

Grace is the supernatural influence at work in you that causes everything you do to prosper; it’s a divine enablement that causes increase, promotion, and progress! However, the degree to which you let the grace of God in you reflect on the outside is up to you. The more you fill your heart with God’s Word and have the Holy Spirit work in your life, the greater the workings of grace in your life.

You can and should increase in that outward reflection of the glory of God in your spirit, to such an extent that others would see it and testify to it. They might not be able to explain it, but they’ll glorify God for His excellence that’s resplendent in you, and in all you do.

Some Christians are asking God for more anointing, but there’s nowhere in the Bible where it’s stated that God will give you more anointing. All you need is more grace. More grace gives you more capacity to accomplish or do more. As you succeed and make progress, God expands your coast; He increases your ability. Hallelujah!

Perhaps you’ve been managing a business at a certain scale, and now you want to grow it to be ten times or even a hundred times bigger, you need more grace. Otherwise, you may not be able to sustain the new level of growth and increase, because you don’t have the capacity to manage the business at that level. Some people think that in such circumstances what they need is more money, no; they need more grace.

Hebrews 4:16 says, “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, AND FIND GRACE TO HELP IN TIME OF NEED .” Which grace do you want? Is it the grace for healing? Is it the grace for multiplication in your business? Is it the grace for winning souls? Do you require more grace to increase your finances? God says to come boldly to the throne of grace, and obtain the grace you need. Take it. You don’t need to ask; it’s yours to take.

You can take advantage of that grace right now and rebuke cancer from your body. Take advantage of that grace right now and walk out of that ailment. Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the grace that’s in Christ Jesus. Now, more than ever, I take advantage of this grace to do exploits for the Kingdom of God. As I meditate on your Word, your grace is being multiplied in my life, and my capacity to achieve more feats for the Kingdom is increased, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

John 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:1
Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 1:2
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 15:1-34, Proverbs 5-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 20:1-8, 1 Samuel 19

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2017
You're His Witness Today - Friday, September 1st .
Pastor Chris

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth (Acts 1:cool.

The apostles in the early Church demonstrated so much power and excellence of the Spirit as they proclaimed the Gospel and turned many to righteousness. Preceding their exploits and spiritual feats was the fulfilled promise from Jesus, which we read in our opening verse. That was their secret and unparalleled advantage: the Holy Spirit coming to live in them.

Take for example, Peter who hitherto, out of fear, denied Jesus before a young girl; after he received the Holy Spirit, the same Peter fearlessly preached the Gospel to a teeming crowd with three thousand souls giving their hearts to Christ at once (Acts 2:41).

The same thing happened with the Apostle Paul after he received the Holy Spirit. Acts 9:20 tells us he went straight to the synagogues and began to preach that Jesus was the Son of God. In 1 Corinthians 2:4, he said, “And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.” He so demonstrated the power of God that on the Island of Malta, the natives concluded that he was a god (Acts 28:1-6).

Today, the same Holy Spirit lives in you. He came to make you a witness of the glory, power and the reality of the Kingdom of God. 2 Corinthians 3:6 (AMPC) says, “[It is He] Who has qualified us [making us to be fit and worthy and sufficient] as ministers and dispensers of a new covenant [of salvation through Christ….” Preach the Gospel fearlessly, and while at it, the Holy Spirit will lead, guide, and energize you; He’ll put power in your words. Just as He did with the early apostles, He’ll confirm the message with indisputable signs, wonders and miracles (Mark 16:20).

This is your day. This is your time. The apostles have gone to heaven. We’re the ones on the scene now, chosen to make known the glories, excellence, virtues and perfections of Christ to the world. Hallelujah!

Prayer....
Dear heavenly Father, I’m so grateful for making me an effective witness of your power, glory and grace to the world. I take my place as an effective minister of the Gospel, delivering sinners from darkness to light, and from sin unto righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Acts 26:16
But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
:17 Delivering thee from the people, and [from] the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

2 Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency [is] of God;
:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 15:35-58, Proverbs 8-9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 20:9-18, 1 Samuel 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:18am On Sep 03, 2017
The Power That Works in You - Sunday, September 3rd

Pastor Chris

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen (Ephesians 3:20-21).

If there’s anything you want God to do for you, the power to make it happen is in you, and not in heaven. Many think that when they need anything, God will stretch His hands from heaven to fix things. No! As a baby Christian who’s yet to understand spiritual things, you may relate to God in that manner and get some results, but after a while, you’ll have to put away childish things.

It’s like what we read about the Apostles in the early Church, when they were being persecuted. They prayed, “And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus” (Acts 4:29-30). At this time, they were still maturing in their understanding of the Gospel; it was still a baby church.

We didn’t read that God actually “stretched forth His hands from heaven” to do the miracles as they requested. Rather, the Bible says, “And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were ALL FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST , and they spake the word of God with boldness” (Acts 4:31). God’s answer was the Holy Spirit whom they had received.

The Holy Spirit is the power of God, and all the power you need for anything. He lives in you. When there’s a matter; when there’s a need, stir up yourself in the Holy Ghost by taking some time to meditate on the Scriptures and speak in other tongues. As you do, the power of the Spirit in you will be activated.

Prayer..
Dear Father, I thank you, for you’re the One at work in me, both to will and to do of your good pleasure. Your power in me is activated to bring forth blessings and miracles today. I declare that my life is as a well-watered garden, and I bring forth fruits, in and out of season, because I live by the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Ephesians 3:20 AMPC
Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]—
:21 To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen (so be it).

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:2 Corinthians 1-2:1-4, Proverbs 12-13

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 20:27-38, 1 Samuel 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2017
We Pray in the name of Jesus - Monday, September 4th

Pastor Chris

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you (John 16:23).

Some Christians pray, and at the end of the prayer, they say, “through Jesus Christ our Lord.” It’s not scripturally correct to pray “through” Jesus Christ; we were never told to pray like that. Praying through Jesus Christ is to make Him a medium. The Christian has arrived in God’s presence, and therefore, doesn’t need a medium. Only the sinner needs a medium; so he calls on Jesus that he might be saved. When he’s saved through Jesus Christ, he’s brought by the power of God into God’s presence, and no longer needs a medium.

There’s a strong, legal difference between praying through Jesus, and praying in the Name of Jesus. To pray in the Name of Jesus is to pray in Jesus’ stead. Asking for something in His Name means He’s actually the one asking for it, and He can’t be turned down by the Father.

Jesus said, “And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full” (John 16:23-24). So, the correct way for us to pray is to the Father, in the Name of Jesus; not even to Jesus Himself, because you can’t pray to Jesus in the Name of Jesus. That wouldn’t make any spiritual sense.

There’re those who say, “When we pray to the Father, Jesus intercedes and begs the Father in our behalf”; no, He doesn’t. In John 16:26-27, He said, “At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.” Notice that He said the Father Himself loves you and doesn’t need anybody to pray to Him for you. So, pray in the Name of Jesus and receive answers. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege to pray in the Name of Jesus, and receive answers. Thank you Lord for the power vested in that Name. Nothing is impossible to me, because I pray in the authority, dominion, and character of the Name of Jesus! I’m a victor forever, ordained to eternal fruitfulness and productivity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Mark 16:17
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

John 14:14
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].

John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:2 Corinthians 2:5-3:1-6, Proverbs 14-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 20:39-47, 1 Samuel 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
The New Creation Was Not Redeemed - Tuesday , September 5th

Pastor Chris

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people (Luke 1:68)

It’s clear those to whom the verse above refers: the Jews; they were the ones that needed to be redeemed, because they were under the curse of the law. Galatians 3:13 says, “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.” Some Christians quote this scripture, assuming it to be applicable to everyone, whereas it applies only to the Jews. Paul was speaking generically as a Jew.

The Gentiles weren’t redeemed from the curse of the Law; they were redeemed from the condemnation of the Law. The very presence of the Law was the condemnation of the Gentiles. When God chose the Jews to be His people, and gave them righteous laws to live by, that immediately condemned the Gentiles.That’s why in Ephesians 2:12, the Gentiles are described as “...aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise,having no hope, and without God in the world.”

However, in Christ Jesus, both the Jews and the Gentiles have been brought together to make one new man that’s neither a Jew nor a Gentile; that’s the new creation: “For he is our peace, who hath made both one (the Jews and the Gentiles) and hath broken down the middle wall of partition…” (Ephesians 2:14).

This new creation wasn’t redeemed from the curse of the Law, because he was never under the curse of the Law; he’s a brand new man that never existed before: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Your life transcends this earthly realm; it’s the life of Christ. You don’t have a past to be “redeemed” or delivered from, for your old nature was crucified with Christ, and now, you’ve been raised to a newness of life. Walk in this consciousness.

Confession...
I’m a new creation in Christ Jesus, born with the life and nature of God! I'm a brand new man that never existed before, living the supernatural life naturally, and flying high on the wings of the Spirit. I'm prosperous, healthy, and strong , making impact with the Gospel, by the Holy Spirit. Glory to God !

Further Study :
2 Corinthians 5:17-21 Colossians 3:8-10 Romans 6:4

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :2 Corinthians 3:7-4:1-18, Proverbs 16-17

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 21:1-9 1 Samuel 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:26am On Sep 06, 2017
He Brings You Out of Trouble - Wednesday, September 6th, 2017.

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace (Ephesians 1:7).

Just as in Colossians 1:14, the word “redemption” above is used as a synonym to the word “riddance.” It’s translated from the Greek word “Apolutrosis,” which means “to be brought out of trouble.” So, when you say, “Christ is my redemption,” it means He’s your deliverance and your deliverer; your rescuer; the One who plucks you out of trouble.

It parallels what the Psalmist said in Psalm 50:15:“…call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.” It doesn’t matter what trouble you get into, Christ is your riddance; He’ll get you out of that trouble. It makes no difference if the trouble was self-inflicted; He’ll get you out. It’s part of the result of His vicarious death, ridding you of or out of trouble.

The Bible says the righteous shall come out of trouble (Proverbs 12:13); that means the righteous may get into trouble, but one thing is certain: he’s coming out of it. It doesn’t matter the proclamation that got you into the trouble; Christ is your riddance. He rids you of trouble, and rids you of anything that’s inconsistent with the provisions of the Gospel. He’s obligated to rescuing you and helping you out of any quagmire.

No wonder the psalmist testified, “He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God…” (Psalm 40:2-3 AMPC). Hallelujah!

Besides the joy and comfort that this brings, it should give you a certain kind of consciousness and confidence to face life every day and win.

Prayer...
I thank you gracious heavenly Father for the excellent life that I have in Christ ! I'm planted on the rock that’s higher than I am , Christ Jesus ! Therefore , I'm not moved by circumstances . I'm a victor forever , because Christ is my riddance . He rids me of any trouble and leads me triumphantly from glory to glory , in Jesus ' Name . Amen

Further STUDY:
Psalm 27:1-2 & 5 Proverbs 12:13 1 Corinthians 1:30 Proverbs 11:8

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 2 Corinthians 5:1-6:1-2Proverbs 18-19

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 21:10-19 1 Samuel 25

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 257
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.