Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,359 members, 7,780,981 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:49 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (248623 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:29am On Apr 03, 2011
Stand Your Ground – Sunday April 3, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest (Joshua 1:9).

Irrespective of the challenges that may come your way, you must learn to stand your ground in faith, knowing that your faith is the victory that overcomes the world. Never allow what you hear or see with your physical eyes cause you to lose heart and start voicing fear; stand your ground and keep talking your way to victory.

Some Christians lose heart and allow fear take a hold of them upon hearing the lies and evil reports from the enemy. The enemy will always seek to put fear in your heart by constantly bombarding your mind with negative thoughts. But irrespective of the negative thoughts or pictures he brings to your mind, refuse to fear, and refuse to speak negatively. Do what Caleb and Joshua did; out of the twelve spies Moses sent to spy out Canaan, only the two of them stood their ground in faith. They said concerning the giants “they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the Lord is with us: fear them not” (Numbers 14:9). That’s the voice of faith, and faith is what gives you the victory.

In Mark 9:23 Jesus said, “If thou canst, believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” Never give up or give in. Keep the switch of faith turned on, for faith never fails! Our faith-filled words in the power of the Holy Spirit always prevail. When you find yourself in an uncomfortable position, don’t fret; don’t despair! Speak words of faith. When things don’t seem to be working out right, don’t say, “Oh God, why me?” Instead, refuse to be discouraged; stand your ground in faith and keep the victory shout on!

Confession
I’m a victor in Christ Jesus. Fear, doubt and unbelief have no place in me, for my faith in God and His eternal Word is the victory that overcomes the world! I refuse to be discouraged because greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world!

Further Study
2 Samuel 22:35
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.

2 Samuel 22:40
For thou hast girded me with strength to battle: them that rose up against me hast thou subdued under me.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 9:37-62
Reading plan Joshua 16-19

2 Year Bible Matthew 27:11-25
Reading Plan Leviticus 3

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:20am On Apr 04, 2011
The Rapture: The Believer’s Hope – Monday April 4, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming (1 John 2:28).

The Bible declares that the Lord is coming again. It’s important that we be ready to meet Him. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 tells us that the dead in Christ shall rise first, and those of us who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the air.

So the question is: Are you in Christ? If you are, then you’re one of the many believers the Lord is coming to receive unto Himself. If however you’re not, you have to give your heart to Christ right away by confessing Him as your Lord and Saviour. The Bible says, “Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation” (Hebrews 9:28).

After receiving Christ into your heart, you have to make sure to receive the Holy Spirit. In Matthew 25:1-13, the Lord Jesus likened the Kingdom of heaven to ten virgins who took their lamps and went forth to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish and five were wise. The five foolish ones didn’t have extra oil for their lamps. Then, at midnight, there was an announcement for the arrival of the bridegroom. While the foolish ones quickly went to get oil for their lamps, the Bible says, “…the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut” (Matthew 25:10).

Now, oil, in this context, signifies the anointing or presence of the Holy Spirit. And according to Scriptures Jesus is the Bridegroom, and the Church is His bride. This means therefore that without the Holy Spirit, a man cannot go in with the bridegroom – for the marriage of the Lamb. No wonder the Bible says in Revelation 19:7: “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.” So, if you’re yet to receive the Holy Spirit, ask Him to come into your life today and He will bring the anointing into your spirit and make you ready for the appearing of the Master.

Prayer
I rejoice that I’m in Christ, and the Holy Spirit lives in me! Therefore I know that when Christ, who is my life, shall appear, I will also appear with Him in glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Colossians 3:4
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 10:1-24
Reading plan Joshua 20-22

2 Year Bible Matthew 27:26-37
Reading Plan Leviticus 4

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2011
Be Committed To The Gospel – Tuesday April 5, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15).

A gentleman once asked me if Christians who never won souls to Christ would go to heaven. His question was based on what the Lord said in Ezekiel 33:26 “…When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman: If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people; Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head… But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand.”

To answer his question, I highlighted three major reasons why we must preach the Gospel and win souls. First is our faith in the Lord Jesus and His glorious gospel; second is our love for Him and hope of His soon return, and then third is His instruction for us to win souls. These three reasons should compel anyone who believes in Jesus Christ to win souls. If you don’t win souls, then your love for the Master is questionable. Then also, your hope of heaven is also called to question, as well as your obedience to the Master’s instruction. So if you’re not a soul winner, it means you really don’t believe, and heaven is a place for believers.

God has determined that souls be won into His Kingdom every day, and He’s given us the responsibility to locate the lost in our world and share the Gospel with them. As His representatives, we must reach the unreached and bring them to Christ; it’s our primary responsibility as Christians. We must tell the untold about the love of God manifested in Christ Jesus. The Apostle Paul, recognizing this, cried out: “…necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” (1 Corinthians 9:16).

Observe his choice of words! Let us therefore be truly committed to the Gospel and see to it’s furtherance around the world.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for reconciling me unto yourself and for giving me the ministry if reconciliation. I boldly demonstrate my love for you today by committing myself to preaching the Gospel to everyone in my sphere of contact, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Daniel 12:3
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 10:25-42
Reading plan Joshua 23-24

2 Year Bible Matthew 27:38-44
Reading Plan Leviticus 5

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2011
The Giving That Stands You Out – Thursday April 7, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, Having land sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles’ feet (Acts 4:36-37).

It’s impossible for a Christian who only gives his tithes and offerings to feel like an accomplished giver, but the Bible lets us know these aren’t enough. Your tithes for example belong to God, and He expects you to give them to Him anyway. The man who does otherwise is a robber: “Will a man rob God: Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings” (Malachi 3:cool.

God is not a man (Numbers 23:19); He’s God. So you MUST give Him your tithes and your offerings, as God. Actually, you pay your tithe; you don’t give it, as you would your free-will offering. So your tithe is not a gift, because you don’t pay a gift. Your offering on the other hand isnt just a donation made to the Church, but a sacrifice offered to a divine being. God actually demanded for it in Exodus 23:15: “…None shall appear before Me empty-handed” (AMP).

So, beyond your tithes and giving your offerings, which are compulsory for every believer, you have to go the extra mile by getting financially involved in the spread of the Gospel. This type of giving is special because it isn’t a compulsion, but is done out of your love and commitment to the Gospel. 2 Corinthians 9:7 (AMP) says, “Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful (joyous, “prompt to do it”) giver [whose heart is in his giving]. This is the giving that stands you out.”

Remember it’s in your interest and in your favour when you give to the Lord, for He has promised great returns and mighty harvest of blessings for the giver. So be sure to be counted among those who give financially towards the things of God. In our Ministry, we have several platforms through which we reach millions of souls around the world every day with the Gospel. Locate such opportunities and participate big-time. That’s how to get relevant in the Kingdom and make your life count.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for the available opportunities I have to give towards the work of the Kingdom today, realizing that they’ve been put in place for me to make my relevance and impact in world evangelism felt through my giving. Thank you Lord, for continuously increasing my capacity to give, in Jesus’ Name. Amen,

Further Study
Luke 8:2-3
And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 11:14-36
Reading plan Judges 3-4

2 Year Bible Matthew 27:55-66
Reading Plan Leviticus 7

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:56am On Apr 08, 2011
Today’s Miracles! – Friday April 8, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father (John 14:12).

Some people have asked how come we don’t see in our day the manifestation of mighty works and miracles as witnessed in the Old Testament. “How come we don’t see such acts as the Red Sea splitting open, and the sun standing still?” they ask. First of all, these things still happen, but they happen only when necessary. Splitting the Red Sea had to do with God bringing the children of Israel out of Egypt into the Promised Land. After Moses performed this mighty miracle, Joshua, Elijah, and Elisha also did at different times.

When Jesus came however, He did something higher than all what those previous prophets did. Instead of splitting the water, He walked on it (Matthew 14:25). That’s a greater miracle and it’s in the New Testament. The others split the water, because they never conceived the possibility of walking on water, but God was taking His children one step at a time.

For Philip, it was much better because he didn’t even have to walk on water; he was carried by the Spirit from where he was to where he needed to be: “And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing. But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea” (Acts 8:39-40). If you study the progression carefully, you’ll discover that we actually have greater miracles today than they had back then.

Comparing yesterday’s miracles with today’s miracles is like comparing yesterdays cars with today’s cars; the difference is clear. The Bible tells us how Jesus healed certain people without necessarily meeting them. He healed the centurion’s servant who wasn’t within proximity. Today, we transmit some of our outreach meetings live via satellite and the internet, and it’s glorious to see how in a single meeting, people in different parts of the world receive miracles simultaneously. These are today’s miracles.

Understand that we’re the ones at the last lap of the relay; the generation that will see the rapture of the Church. Therefore, we should expect to experience a greater move of the Spirit like never before in our day. We’re going to thoroughly shake this world for Christ, and after then, the rapture will take place. So expect greater miracles in our day!

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for the revelation of your Word that confirms indeed that the glory of the latter is greater than that of the former, as evidenced by the miracles that are wrought today by your Spirit, through faith in the Name of Jesus. I’m properly positioned to experience the greater and, mighty move of the Spirit in my day and will do wonders in my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ecclesiastes 7:10
Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not enquire wisely concerning this.

Haggai 2:9
The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 11:37-54
Reading plan Judges 5-6

2 Year Bible Matthew 28:1-10
Reading Plan Leviticus 8

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:11am On Apr 09, 2011
The Faith Builder! – Saturday April 9, 2011 – Pastor Anita

And now brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

The Word of God is the only material given to us by God to build our faith. Romans 10:17 says “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” This means the more of God’s Word you receive into your spirit, meditate on, and put to work, the greater your faith. Without continuously inundating your heart with the Word of God, the challenges of life could overwhelm you, and you’ll faint in the day of adversity.

But with the Word of God in your spirit, you’ll discover that absolutely anything is possible unto you! That’s why a sick person, for example, while studying or listening to God’s Word on healing could automatically have faith stirred in his heart to be healed. The reason is that God’s Word imparts faith and courage to your spirit. It has inherent ability to produce healing, prosperity and all that you desire. As you listen and fill your heart with it, faith rises in you like a giant.

This is the reason God seeks to impart His Word to your spirit. With the Word of God in your spirit, you don’t have to try to make it produce results for you, for it has inherent ability to produce what it talks about. It’s the only material recommended by God to build and bolster faith in you and enable you to live a successful life here on earth. So today, like the Apostle Paul, I commend you to God, and to the Word of His grace, which is able to build you up, and give you an inheritance among them that are sanctified.

Confession
I rule, reign and dominate my world today by the faith of God in my spirit! My faith is alive and producing results today because the Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth, and as I speak it forth, circumstances align with God’s perfect will for my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 12:1-21
Reading plan Judges 7-8

2 Year Bible Matthew 28:11-20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2011
Your Needs Are Already Met – Monday April 11, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it (John 14:13-14).

Only someone with sovereign authority and power can make a statement such as is underlined above. You have to be God to talk like that, and Jesus is Himself God. A man may make promises and disappoint, but not God; He is the Big Boss! He owns everything, and He says “If ye shall ask any thing in my name I will do it” (John 14:14).

You know, some people say, “Well God only grants our needs, not our wants.”But that’s not what the Bible teaches. Jesus said, “Ask anything.” In other words, ‘Ask what you will” (John 15:7). You shouldn’t ask for your needs anyway, because your heavenly Father already knows what you need (Matthew 6:cool. Just as He takes care of the sparrows and the lilies of the valley without them having to ask Him, He cares for your needs.

Jesus said in Matthew 6:28-32 CEV: “…Look how the wild flowers grow. They don’t work hard to make their clothes. But I tell you that Solomon with all of his wealth wasn’t as well clothed as one of them. God gives such beauty to everything that grows in the fields, even though it is here today and thrown into a fire tomorrow. He will surely do even more for you…Don’t worry and ask yourselves, “Will we have anything to eat? Will we have anything to drink? Will we have any clothes to wear? Only people who don’t know God are always worrying about such things. Your Father in heaven knows that you need all of these.”

Wants are different from needs; they’re the extras that make life more pleasurable. The psalmist had this in mind when he said “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want” (Psalm 23:1). Notice he didn’t say, “I shall not need,” because he knew his needs had been taken care of. Also observe the words of the Apostle Paul in Philippians 4:19: “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” He didn’t say “I pray to God that all your needs will be supplied.”

So, don’t exert unnecessary energy in prayer, asking God for your needs. If you recognize any need, call it met, for it immediately falls into to God’s supply-system! Your needs are already met in Christ Jesus; yours is to take possession by faith, for all things are already yours (1 Corinthians 3:21).

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your great love demonstrated towards me in Christ Jesus. I rejoice greatly to know that you care for me and supply all my needs according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus. I give you thanks in Jesus’ Name.

Further Study
Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

John 16:23-24
And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 12:49-59
Reading plan Judges 10-11

2 Year Bible Mark 1:14-28
Reading Plan Leviticus 11

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:13am On Apr 15, 2011
Subject: Faith Responds To The Word! – Friday April 15, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Faith Responds To The Word! – Friday April 15, 2011 – Pastor Anita

So also faith, if it does not have works (deeds and actions of obedience to back it up), by itself is destitute of power (inoperative, dead) (James 2:17 AMP).

As Pastor Chris teaches, faith doesn’t ask “how?” “How do I get the money?” “How can I say I’m healed when I’m still in pain?” These are questions and responses borne out of unbelief. Faith responds only to the Word! Faith is doing what God tells you to do without asking Him how. So when He says “You have everything you need for that project you’re working on,” your faith-response should be “Thank you Lord Jesus! I have everything I need.”

The Scriptures show us examples of men and women who leapt on the truth of God’s Word and received their desired miracle. For example, there’s the touching story in Luke 7 of the Roman centurion whose servant was at the point of death. When he heard that Jesus was on His was to heal his servant, he sent a message to the Master saying “You don’t need to come here Lord! Just say the Word and my servant will be healed.” That was a remarkable faith-response that got the Master’s attention, and the Bible says He marveled at the centurion’s great faith.

On another occasion, a woman came and pleaded with Jesus to heal her daughter who was tormented by a devil (Mark 7:25). The Master said to her, “…go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter” (Mark 7:29). That was all the woman needed to hear, and she knew her daughter had been healed. She took the Master at His Word, and acted on what He said; her spirit got a hold of that word and she got her miracle! This is what you must to do today if you need a miracle. Take God at His Word. Respond in faith on the basis of His Word to you, knowing that He’s able to do exceeding, abundantly above what your mind can fathom.

Understand that faith is active and not passive; it’s the response of your spirit to the Word of God. In other words, faith depends on the Word as basis and assurance for action! Faith acts now because it has taken possession. That’s why the Bible says, “…faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone” (James 2:17). That means faith without corresponding action is dead. Your faith works when you respond to God’s Word by putting it to work in your life.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that transports me into a higher realm of life. I respond today to your Word by faith and receive in my life the harvest of what it talks about it, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 14:25-15-10
Reading plan Judges 19-21

2 Year Bible Mark 2:13-22
Reading Plan Leviticus 15

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2011
Subject: True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word – Saturday April 16, 2011 – Pastor Chris

True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word – Saturday April 16, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name (Philippians 2:8-9).

Humility is a quality of the recreated human spirit that attracts divine favour and promotion. It’s an inner ability – a – vital force – which enables you to respond with absolute submissiveness to the Lordship of Jesus Christ through the Word of God. It’s often expressed in action by the willingness to take on the responsibility of service to others, in loyalty to the Word.

The Lord Jesus lived a practical example of what true humility is. Firstly, He demonstrated His total submission to the will of God as it is written in Hebrews 10:7: “Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.” Secondly, in pursuance of this resolve, the Bible tells us in Philippians 2:6-9, that though He was equal with God, He didn’t count His equality with God anything to latch on to. Rather, He made Himself of no reputation and took upon Him the form of a servant and became obedient unto death. Thus, for this reason God exalted Him and gave Him a name which is above every name.

As believers in Christ, the Scriptures enjoin us to humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God that we might be exalted in due time (1 Peter 5:6). We’re to have the mind of Christ and emulate His humility. True humility for us is to be submissive to the Lordship of the Word of God. So you’ve got to know the Word and let the Word guide your thoughts, your words, and all you do. That’s the way to be submissive to Jesus, for He is the Living Word. And just as Jesus was exalted for doing the Father’s will, you too will be promoted from glory to glory.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for blessing me with your Word and for the glorious life you’ve given me in Christ! I’m glad to have Jesus as Lord of my life; to be controlled and ruled by His Word! Thus, I’m moving upward and forward and prospering in everything I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Peter 5:5-6
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

James 4:10
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 15:11-32
Reading plan Ruth 1-4

2 Year Bible Mark 2:23-28
Reading Plan Leviticus 16

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2011
Refuse To Be Distracted – Thursday April 14, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God (Luke 9:62).

To understand what Jesus wanted us to catch in the verse above, let’s read it from the Living Bible: “Any man who lets himself be distracted from the work I planned for him is not fit for the kingdom.” The work God has planned for you to do is very important and He doesn’t want anything to distract you from finishing it.

A distraction is an obstacle to attention; it is that lingering concern that takes you away from the things that really matter to God. For instance, a lady who’s seeking to get pregnant could be so distracted by her “need” to the point that that’s all she prays, talks and thinks about! Now, instead of praying progressively about her life and the lives of others, all she prays is “Oh God, give me a child.” That’s a distraction.

The Bible says, “Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart” (Psalms 37:4). If you refuse to worry, but rather delight yourself in serving the Lord, everything will fall into place for you; He’ll grant your heart’s desires. Refuse to be distracted by the cares of this life. Don’t allow the negative things people say about you get your attention. There’s so much of God’s work to be done, so you can’t afford to let such things distract you.

The one important question the Lord will ask you when you stand before His Judgment Seat is about the work He gave you to do – about the Gospel. All excuses will be irrelevant. Keep your focus on the goal from now, so that at the end of time, you’ll be able to boldly declare like the Apostle Paul: “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7).

Confession
I refuse to worry about anything in this life because I’m a child of God, and I know all things work together for my good. No negative thought, comment or situation can distract me from the work God has planned for me to do! I’m living every day, to fulfill my destiny in God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Proverbs 4:25-27
Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil

Mark 4:19
And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 14:1-24
Reading plan Judges 17-18

2 Year Bible Mark 2:1-12
Reading Plan Leviticus 14

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:39am On Apr 18, 2011
The Guide Within – Monday April 18, 2011 – Pastor Anita

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statues, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them (Ezekiel 36:27).

The first requirement for salvation according to Romans 10:9 is for you to declare, profess, announce, and affirm the Lordship of Jesus Christ over your life: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Lord means master, controller, instructor, caretaker, and leader.

It brings to mind what David said in Psalm 23:2: “He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.” Thus, you have a controller within, who leads you, guides you and tells you what to do such that you don’t need a code of conduct to do what’s right. He’s within you, guiding you as to specific steps to take, specific thoughts to think, and specific things to do. As the Psalmist says, “…He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness, for His name’s sake” (Psalm 23:3).

There’s a force of wisdom and righteousness at work in you now, because the Greater One lives in you! He guides and instructs you from within – in the paths of righteousness – propelling you to do right and fulfill the will of God for your life. This is the reason the Apostle Paul in his epistle to the Romans declared that “…sin shall not have dominion over you …” (Romans 6:14).

Sin can no longer have the mastery or lordship over you because you’ve yielded to the Lordship of Jesus. Now, you have inside you a propelling force from within to do the will of God: “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13).

Thus, you can break the power of sin and put an end to any bad habit in your life today. You don’t have to despair of life because hitherto, you’ve tried fruitlessly to desist from terrible sinful habits! All you have to do is proclaim: “In the Name of Jesus Christ, sin has no dominion over me. I break its hold right now, by the power of God’s Spirit,” and that’s it! You’ll be free. Praise God!

Confession
Jesus Christ is Lord of my life; I refuse to be in bondage to any habit or lifestyle that’s contrary to the Word of God. I have the Greater One living in me, and He guides and propels me from within, in the paths of righteousness and leads me to fulfil my destiny in God!

Further Study
Ezekiel 36:26-27
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 17:1-19
Reading plan 1 Samuel 3-7

2 Year Bible Mark 3:8-19
Reading Plan Leviticus 18

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2011
Be Strong And Courageous; Irrespective Of your Experiences! – Wednesday April 20, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).

In life, even as Christians, some people sometimes go through some very unpleasant experiences and pains. It could be some lofty expectations that didn’t come to pass, or even the sudden death of a loved one. Such challenging moments often pose serious tests to our faith, leaving us with the choice to either cave in and be overwhelmed, or embrace our circumstances with the right attitude of faith and be strengthened.

Our opening scripture is quite instructive as to what we must do in such trying moments. The Apostle Paul, in those verses, acknowledges the tribulations he encountered and the ensuing comfort he received from the Lord. He added that the comfort he received was to the intent that he might be able to comfort others who are in trouble, by the same comfort with which he was comforted by God. In other words, Paul chose to see his trials as moments of training, to prepare and equip him with the ability to help others in their times of trouble. What an attitude!

He didn’t grumble, complain, become discouraged or blame God for allowing such pains to be his lot. He looked away from them and took a hold of the comfort of the Spirit so he could help others by comforting them with the Word. In 2 Corinthians 4:17, he alluded to those trials and pains as “light affliction.” This should be your attitude as a child of God.

It’s important that you don’t allow any hurtful or unpleasant experience overwhelm you! Never allow yourself to be weighed down in the dust of pain and misery! Rather, always, be hopeful and courageous, irrespective of your experience. This is the winning attitude.

Remember that God has given you His life which you’ll account for. So on the day of reckoning you’re not going to use the excuse of pain and disappointments you experienced as reasons you couldn’t fulfill His calling for your life. So I urge you to be courageous and put on strength today, and always, irrespective of the challenges you may have faced.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for the comfort of the Scriptures! Your Word indeed is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. I’m so grateful to learn from you today that no matter what happens, I’m a victor in Christ Jesus! I maintain that right attitude of faith and victory today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 18:15-43
Reading plan 1 Samuel 11-13

2 Year Bible Mark 4:1-12
Reading Plan Leviticus 20

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:04pm On Apr 21, 2011
A Continual Overflow – Thursday April 21, 2011 – Pastor Anita

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit… (Ephesians 5:18).

In our opening scripture, the Apostle Paul was writing to a Church that was already acquainted with the doctrine of the Holy Spirit. He wasn’t telling them to receive the Holy Spirit afresh! As you study the book of Acts, you would see that from time to time, Luke, by inspiration of the Holy Spirit talked about the Apostles and how that they were constantly filled with the Spirit.

In Acts chapter 2, when Peter and the other believers received the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, they were filled with the Holy Spirit, simultaneously. But they continued to experience other times of infilling. An account is recorded in Acts 4:31: “…when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.” This wasn’t referring to the Apostles alone, but all the other believers with them.

The story in Acts 4 also tells us of Peter and John’s arrest while they preached that Jesus had resurrected from the dead. But while the magistrates, elders and scribes were assembled in Jerusalem for Peter’s trial before the Sanhedrin, the Bible says “Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel…” (Acts 4:cool. Notice that this incident wasn’t referring to Peter receiving the Holy Spirit, but that he was filled with the Spirit.

A Christian who has received the Holy Spirit without experiencing this continual infilling will live an ordinary life in this world. The Apostle Paul lived an extraordinary life because he understood the importance of being constantly filled with the Spirit. To the Church in Corinth, he said “I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all…” 1 Corinthians 14:18). You can get yourself filled with the Spirit today as you speak in other tongues, study the Word of God, and give yourself to it in meditation.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for filling me with your precious Holy Spirit, and causing your Word to dwell in me richly, causing my heart to overflow with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs that declare your goodness, mercy and grace to all generations. Amen.

Further Study
Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Ephesians 5:18-20
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 19:1-27
Reading plan 1 Samuel 14-15

2 Year Bible Mark 4:13-20
Reading Plan Leviticus 21

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2011
You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Friday April 22, 2011 – Pastor Chris

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming (2 Thessalonians 2:7-cool.

The Apostle Paul in our opening scripture talks about the second coming of Christ, and shows us that we’re the restraining force against evil in our day. The only reason satan has not led the world to man’s total annihilation is because of the resistance put forth by the body of Christ – the Church (1 Corinthians 12:27). Our presence in the earth preserves it, and forbids satan from unleashing terror upon it.

But someone might say, “There’s so much evil and terror in the world already.” Well, that should let you know how much worse it could have been but for our being here! We’re the ones preserving the earth (Matthew 5:13) and limiting the power of the evil one.

Man, on his own, is capable and wicked enough to destroy himself: “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, and evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come form within…” (Mark 7:21-23). But the prayers of the saints have prevented satan in our day and in days gone by from holding sway over men’s lives. For example, when the death angel came into Egypt, he needed a sign (blood marks on the lintel and doorposts) of the children of Israel to restrain him from destroying God’s people.

Same way, you’re that preventative power against evil today in your home, in your family and amongst your loved ones! The fact that you belong to Christ means His blood is marked on you, and His Name is named upon you! Therefore, when the evil one comes, he passes over you and those of your household. Your presence in a place prevents the devil from dominating and wielding wicked influence over the lives of men and women in the place, because you represent the Body of Christ there.

Understand that you’re the reason there’s a check on the works of darkness in your world, such than men’s lives are preserved and influenced with the Gospel. That’s why you shouldn’t take prayer lightly, especially praying in the Holy Spirit. It dispels the works of darkness and puts to flight the devil and his cohorts. As you speak in other tongues, satan and his demons are perplexed and frustrated, and their evil works vanquished!

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for making me the restraining force against evil in my family, and in my world! Indeed, I’m the light of the world and the salt of the earth! Therefore I stand my ground in intercession today and declare that the forces of evil in and around me are quelled and overturned in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 6:10-18
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 19:28-48
Reading plan 1 Samuel 16-17

2 Year Bible Mark 4:21-29
Reading Plan Leviticus 22

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:38am On Apr 23, 2011
You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Friday April 22, 2011 – Pastor Chris

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming (2 Thessalonians 2:7-cool.

The Apostle Paul in our opening scripture talks about the second coming of Christ, and shows us that we’re the restraining force against evil in our day. The only reason satan has not led the world to man’s total annihilation is because of the resistance put forth by the body of Christ – the Church (1 Corinthians 12:27). Our presence in the earth preserves it, and forbids satan from unleashing terror upon it.

But someone might say, “There’s so much evil and terror in the world already.” Well, that should let you know how much worse it could have been but for our being here! We’re the ones preserving the earth (Matthew 5:13) and limiting the power of the evil one.

Man, on his own, is capable and wicked enough to destroy himself: “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, and evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come form within…” (Mark 7:21-23). But the prayers of the saints have prevented satan in our day and in days gone by from holding sway over men’s lives. For example, when the death angel came into Egypt, he needed a sign (blood marks on the lintel and doorposts) of the children of Israel to restrain him from destroying God’s people.

Same way, you’re that preventative power against evil today in your home, in your family and amongst your loved ones! The fact that you belong to Christ means His blood is marked on you, and His Name is named upon you! Therefore, when the evil one comes, he passes over you and those of your household. Your presence in a place prevents the devil from dominating and wielding wicked influence over the lives of men and women in the place, because you represent the Body of Christ there.

Understand that you’re the reason there’s a check on the works of darkness in your world, such than men’s lives are preserved and influenced with the Gospel. That’s why you shouldn’t take prayer lightly, especially praying in the Holy Spirit. It dispels the works of darkness and puts to flight the devil and his cohorts. As you speak in other tongues, satan and his demons are perplexed and frustrated, and their evil works vanquished!

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for making me the restraining force against evil in my family, and in my world! Indeed, I’m the light of the world and the salt of the earth! Therefore I stand my ground in intercession today and declare that the forces of evil in and around me are quelled and overturned in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 6:10-18
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 19:28-48
Reading plan 1 Samuel 16-17

2 Year Bible Mark 4:21-29
Reading Plan Leviticus 22

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2011
God Knows What To With You! – Sunday April 24, 2011 – Pastor Anita

O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off (Psalm 139:1-2).

You may have assessed your life and wondered why God would be interested at all in someone like you. Perhaps, you’ve always thought of yourself as a “no good”, a wreck and a failure. Or maybe those around you have often reminded you of how you’ll never amount to anything in life. But I want you to know that God’s opinion of you is completely different. He knows what to do with your life; you’re not a surprise to Him at all!

God is experienced in bringing people up. I often remind Him of this when I pray and mention the names of those I’ve read about in the Bible, like Moses, David, Solomon and many other individuals whose lives are a great inspiration to me. So you see, your case is not strange to Him. He knows exactly what to do to train someone like you, and make you the success that He planned for you to be. He’s not confused at all as to what to do about your situation!

God is Omniscient, so there’s nothing He doesn’t know about. Your life or the situation you may be in right now isn’t confusing to Him. He doesn’t need to sleep over a thought concerning you, wondering what to do about your situation. He knows all the mistakes you could ever make. All He wants is for you to trust Him to make you that man or woman He’s created you to be, for He’s able to do anything.

He’s the Master builder, life-maker, and life-giver. Today, He says to you, “Follow me and I’ll make you…!” Give Him your heart, and let your eyes observe His ways. Trust Him with your life and do His Word, and He’ll cause all your heart desires and dreams for success to come to pass.

Confession
I refuse to be discouraged by the circumstances around me, for I most assuredly know that my life is secure in the Lord my God. My trust, O Lord, is in you alone, for you’re my strength, my glory and my song! I love you so much! I thank you, because ever before the foundations of the earth, you ordained me to be a success; you’ve made my life so beautiful!

Further Study
Jeremiah 32:27
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 20:20-21:4
Reading plan 1 Samuel 20-22

2 Year Bible Mark 5:1-13
Reading Plan Leviticus 24

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2011
What have You Done With The Word? – Tuesday April 26, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Put into action the word I covenanted with you when you left Egypt I’m living and breathing among you right now. Don’t be timid. Don’t hold back (Haggai 2:5 MSG).

There’s a new understanding the Spirit of God wants us to have as to the way He wants us to think and function in life. He wants us to know it’s our responsibility, not God’s, to see to it that His Word comes to pass in our lives! His Word has already been given, and it’s forever settled in heaven (Psalm 119:89). He said in Isaiah 55:11 “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”

Thus, the infallibility and power of God’s Word is incontestable. The Word will work and produce results for anyone who acts on it. So your responsibility as a Christian is to work the Word and bring it to pass in your life! Someone may say, “I’ve been a Christian for twenty five years, but I can’t see what the Word of God has done for me!” The Word of God wasn’t meant to do anything for you; it was given to you to live by; to chart your course in life, you’re the one to do something with the Word! So what have you done with the Word? That’s the question you should answer!

For example, at the beginning of this year, the Lord gave you His Word – a theme for the year. What have you done with that word? You’re supposed to take it and run with it! You tell yourself “I’m going to be a burning and a shining light everywhere I go! The fire of God for the Gospel will burn in my bones; therefore I’ll not keep quiet but make His salvation known to the world! I’m going to light up my world and impact the lives of men and women with the power of God!”

If this becomes your consciousness you’ll be amazed at the extent and magnitude of your testimonies of victory and success at the end of the year! Some people who don’t understand this are still expecting the year to bring them something, not realizing they’re the ones to bring something into the year by acting on the Word. God’s Word always produces results when you act on it! If you sit and wait for the results to come, you’ll never get them.

Think for a moment about 1 Peter 2:24: “…by whose stripes ye were healed,” what have you done with this truth? For a Christian to cry to God for healing having come across this truth means he’s ignorant or trying to shelve his responsibility. You’re the caretaker of your body and you ought to decide what happens to it. If anything goes wrong with it, then heal it with the Word of God! Do something today with the Word that has already been given to you!

Confession
I’m what God says I am. The Word of God is working in me mightily and moving me forward. This I prove today by putting it to work in every area of my life and I see it produce in me what it talks about. Praise God!

Further Study
James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 22:1-38
Reading plan 1 Samuel 26-28

2 Year Bible Mark 5:21-34
Reading Plan Leviticus 26

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:47am On Apr 28, 2011
You Stand In Jesus’ Stead – Thursday April 28, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you (John 16:23).

As Christians, we don’t need an intermediary between us and the Father. Hence we don’t pray to the Father through Jesus, but in the Name of Jesus. To pray through Jesus is to make Him a medium or intermediary to the Father, and that’s wrong. But to pray in the Name of Jesus means your standing in the place of Jesus; you’ve become His voice!

All through the Scriptures, there’s no place where the Christian is asked to pray to Jesus or through Jesus. Neither do you ask the Father to grant your request for “Jesus’ sake,” for God wouldn’t answer your prayers for Jesus’ sake. He loves you as much as He loves Jesus. So when you pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus, it’s as though Jesus Himself were praying, because you stand in His stead.

In Philippians 2:9, the Holy Spirit reveals to us through the Apostle Paul that “God also hath highly exalted him (Jesus), and given him a name which is above every name.” In other words, the Name of Jesus is the biggest Name in heaven. So whatever you ask the Father in the Name of Jesus is granted you because of the authority of JESUS – the One in whose Name you’re asking!

Jesus gave us the legal right to use His Name. Not having the right understanding of how to use that Name will make your prayer life ineffective. We have the right of attorney to function in His stead, the same way a delegated member of a presidents cabinet can represent him at a state function.

So every time you pray to the Father, in the Name of Jesus, be conscious that you’re praying in Jesus’ stead; therefore, whatsoever you ask the Father in His Name, He will give it to you. Jesus has delegated His authority to you; the same authority He had on earth. So today, you can request anything in His Name, and it will be granted you.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank you for teaching me how to pray the right way, using the Name of Jesus! I declare today that I’m making progress in my life and bringing glory to you because the Name of Jesus is named upon me! I function in, and by the power of that Name today! Hallelujah!

Further Study
John 16:23-27
And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 22:66-23:25
Reading plan 2 Samuel 1-3

2 Year Bible Mark 6:1-13
Reading Plan Numbers 1

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by nork: 11:54am On Apr 28, 2011
An eerie observation of stupidity
I have no other way to describe what i am about to say besides the above caption. First is there a price tag on salvation?, i dont recall any point in time when jesus charge or placed monetary or legal values on his doctrines. If i recall he did say that the word of God is for everyone who wants to hear it, not unless of course he meant anyone who could afford it. Let's reiterate to the bibles recollection of jesus lashing out near physically at people selling stuff in his temple/ church as u prefer. Considering that was thousands of years ago and also the dynamic nature of today's concept of a market, what excatly would u call selling of this book rhapsody of reality, hummm? and what would u call the existence of trade marks on the house of God hmmm? I know u twisted minded BLW zealots, have more than enough responses borne from ur twisted understanding of the bible, indoctrinated into ur nibble minds by a man trying to play God, but whats worse is how stupidly u contradict ur own beliefs to serve one man. What are the benefits and adversities of making posts of this book which i assume is enhancing your fantasy (not faith)
Benefits i assume are, broader communication, greater reach, convinces, indirect communication (i.e. some of contrasting faith reading and drawing upon its stupidity) and generally enhancing a bandwagon of mediocre. Not bad, for the so described
Adversities would then be restriction to only those who want to hear but cannot afford, delay in comprehension of the word, because equating the lags means those who don't have and cant afford it need to borrow and hence wait until owners have finished, hence creating a disposition procrastination (also related to availability per household), humane and regional factors some people are not within proximity but other forms of media communication exist such the post made of its content and the list goes on
Then there is the other personal adversity such copy right and legal implication which only one seeking to make profit. (Faith for sale eh? great business concept thinking ill try this)
Of all there conditions which is most beneficial to the actual spread of Christianity or to the so called spiritual welfare (Absolutely daft) of a christian
Second since when did Christianity become a tool for profit making , i thought it was for charity, well maybe pastor chris gives all the profit from this book to charity (Yeah right)
And third to the one who said pastor chris and pastors are givers (Are u for real?), Seriously did such less than intelligent conception come out of human being.Or is just that for argument safe u were pushed to the wall and needed a recovery response so u said something as unguided as that. Since when are millionaires the greatest givers, dont u know that give more to collect thrice as much or have u forgotten your churches are now INC and PLC, Profit making organization not non-profit making if he gave so much how come there are more broke people in your congregation than well to do. If he converted his assets to lets say micro finance loans for poor people in BLW, do u know how many of the low income earners in your church that would help, infact how many lives it would change in a single instant, Giver indeed. Hey dont get me wrong oh, if it were me i wouldn't give a cent to anyone, if i give at all it just for CSR; i mean since when does the farmer decide he needs to give corn or crop money, that's just stupid business.
Ill be stupid to say don't fool urselves because u already have, and beyond any hope for that matter. If u can sit and worship God in a highly organized market, then whats the point, if the one rule of ur doctrine u simply cast to the wind because one man made u forget who u are and what u stand for, whats the point, the bible indeed says there will be false prophets but i think u all never considered the false prophet resides in your business enterprise not church.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:31pm On Apr 30, 2011
Joy Unspeakable And Full Of Glory! – Saturday April 30, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory (1 Peter 1:cool.

Psalm 16:11 says” Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.” This lets us know that the presence of God in your spirit brings indescribable joy to your life. That’s the joy Peter describes in our opening scripture as unspeakable and full of glory. The joy of the Lord is a product of your recreated human spirit.

Some people haven’t understood the power of a joyful spirit; otherwise, they’ll always let the joy of the Lord that’s in their spirit gain the mastery. Christianity is not a life of gloom and sadness; it’s a call to the triumphant, joyous and blissful life in Christ. You’re called to live joyfully in Christ every day.

Perhaps you haven’t realized it, but it’s your responsibility to keep the joy of the Spirit bubbling in your life. Whenever something tries to bother or depress you, don’t submit to it. Rather, consciously subdue it with the joy of the Lord from within your spirit by laughing your way to victory.

As Pastor Chris says, practice laughing sessions. Joy and laughter, the Bible says, refreshes you like medicine: “a merry heart doeth good like medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones” (Proverbs 17:22). The joy of the Lord in your spirit removes heaviness and gloom from you such that you’re always exuberant with praise to the Lord and excited about life in Christ.

Satan and the cohorts of darkness can’t stand an atmosphere of joy, love and gladness! Therefore maintain a joyful atmosphere in your home and all around you at all times, irrespective of how you feel! Remember, the joy of the Lord is your strength, so even in the face of challenges you can rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory, knowing that your victory is assured.

Confession
I rejoice exceedingly today with joy unspeakable and full of glory, for he Lord has done great and wondrous things in my life! Thus, my heart rejoices in His goodness, for He has filled my mouth with laughter. I’m strengthened because the joy of the Lord in my spirit is my strength. Gloom, depression and heaviness are far from me, for I carry an atmosphere of joy with me everywhere I go, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Nehemiah 8:10
Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our LORD: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

Isaiah 12:3
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 23:50-24:12
Reading plan 2 Samuel 7-8

2 Year Bible Mark 6:30-44
Reading Plan Numbers 3

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:46pm On May 02, 2011
A Fraternity Of The God-kind! – Monday May 2, 2011 – Pastor Chris

…Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High (Psalms 82:6).

The ancient Greek and Romans societies had pantheons to which they often held their devotions. A “pantheon” is the collection of all the gods of a religion. Paul acknowledged this when he visited Athens in Acts 17:22-23: “…Men of Athens, I notice that you are very religious in every way, for as I was walking along I saw your many shrines…” (NLT). They built shrines to gods – mere idols made from perishable materials like stone, wood and iron.

The Bible however tells us of another pantheon, an assembly of gods, headed by the Lord Jesus Christ. The Apostle Peter talked about in it 2 Peter 1:4: “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these we might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” The phrase “partakers of the divine nature” indicates that as believers in Christ, we’re in fraternal union with divinity! We’re comrades, associates or fellows with divinity.

The expression “divine nature” derives from the Greek “theias phuseos,” which literally means, “an association of the God-kind.” This means that if you’re born again, you’re an associate of the God-kind; you’re in fraternity with divinity! It means you’ve been born into God’s class, with His nature and character in your spirit.

You’ve been translated from the ordinary realm of mankind to the supernatural class of the God-kind. You’re no longer at the mercy of what life hands down to you; rather, you can decide what you want to see because God has placed all things under your feet (Ephesians 1:22). He has made you to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, where you reign victoriously over satan, sickness, failure and death.

This is Christianity! That God would bring man into His own class of being! No wonder the Bible says, “…Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High” (Psalms 82:6). You’re in vital union with the Godhead. Now, you can better appreciate how come you’re superior to satan and have dominion over the forces of darkness! It’s the result of your fraternity with Deity.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for bringing me into fellowship and union with you, thereby, making me an associate of the God-kind and a member of the assembly of the saints in light! I reign in life as a king and rule over all circumstances today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
John 1:12-13
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 24:36-53
Reading plan 2 Samuel 12-14

2 Year Bible Mark 7:1-13
Reading Plan Numbers 5

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:14am On May 06, 2011
The Father’s Love Is In You – Wednesday May 4, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us (Romans 5:5).

The highest revelation of Christianity is Christ in you, living out His love in you. That’s because love is the highest and topmost quality of God’s character, so much so, that the Bible says, “…God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him” (1 John 4:16). As a Christian, your life ought to be an outshining of God’s great love – His unconditional and self-giving love! You’re a testimony of the Father’s great love.

“But God’s love is too high; how can one ever attain to such high level of love?”
you might ask! Well, Jesus already prayed in John 17:26: “And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.” Sometimes I read this verse and cry because it’s just too much. Jesus asked that our heavenly Father’s love may be in us. We know God heard His prayer because in Romans 5:5, Paul tells us that the same love Jesus prayed about has now been shed in abundance in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

So, you don’t need to try to attain to God’s level of love, for His love is already in you, and it ought to drive you into action for the Kingdom. The Bible says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). God’s love for the world drove him to give His very best for the salvation of others.

This also should be your testimony; the Father’s love in you should compel you to give your all to the Lord and dedicate yourself to the expansion of His Kingdom. It should motivate you to preach and give big-time for the propagation of the Gospel! The Father’s love in you should compel you to lay your all down for the Lord and live unto Him: “For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again” (2 Corinthians 5:14-15).

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for bringing your great love into my life. Your love is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit and it drives me today to put in everything and do all that is required for the message of the Gospel to reach out to the ends of the earth, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 John 4:12-16
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 1:19-51
Reading plan 2 Samuel 18-19

2 Year Bible Mark 7:24-37
Reading Plan Numbers 7

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:17am On May 06, 2011
Faith And Corresponding Actions – Friday May 6, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?, (James 2:19-20).

Many people mistake believing for faith; but believing is not faith, and faith is not believing. When you receive God’s Word into your heart and believe what it says, that’s just the first step in the equation; there must be corresponding action to your believing.

For example, the Bible says, “…With the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (Romans 10:10). So, when you heard the Gospel and were convinced in your heart to believe Jesus died for you, you were made right with God. But that didn’t suffice for your salvation; there had to be a corresponding action of confessing the Lordship of Jesus over your life! It was that confession that catapulted you into salvation.

No matter how a man may cry and be grateful to God for sending Jesus to die for him, if he doesn’t confess the Lordship of Jesus over his life, the salvation that Jesus brought wouldn’t be a vital experience in his life. This principle is the same for every other aspect of your life as a Christian. You must not stop at merely believing what the Word says; you also must act on the Word.

Faith leaps on the Word; it believes the Word and acts accordingly. Faith has to have action to it; “Isn’t it obvious that faith and works are yoked partners, that faith expresses itself in works? That the works are “works of faith”? The full meaning of “believe” in the Scripture sentence, “Abraham believed God and was set right with God,” includes his action. It’s that mesh of believing and acting that got named Abraham named “God’s friend” (James 2:21-23 MSG).

Confession
Not only do I believe what the Word says about me, I endorse and establish it to be real in my life through my confessions of faith! The Word of God produces in me today a harvest of what it talks about as I put it to work and act my faith in every situation and circumstance of life, irrespective of any adversity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
James 2:21-23 (AMP)
Was not our forefather Abraham [shown to be] justified (made acceptable to God) by [his] works when he brought to the altar as an offering his [own] son Isaac?
22You see that [his] faith was cooperating with his works, and [his] faith was completed and reached its supreme expression [when he implemented it] by [good] works.
23And [so] the Scripture was fulfilled that says, Abraham believed in (adhered to, trusted in, and relied on) God, and this was accounted to him as righteousness (as conformity to God's will in thought and deed), and he was called God's friend

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 3:1-21
Reading plan 2 Samuel 22

2 Year Bible Mark 8:10-12
Reading Plan Numbers 9

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:09am On May 07, 2011
Let Nothing Stop You! – Saturday May 7, 2011 – Pastor Chris

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6:14).

There’re too many today in the Church who are overburdened by the weight of sin-consciousness - the ‘feeling’ that they’ve sinned or have done something wrong. Satan uses this as a weapon to keep them in bondage and make them ineffective. They constantly have this guilt-feeling that makes them think they’re not qualified or good enough to be used of God.

What they need to realize is first, that the sin-problem has been dealt with by Jesus. The Bible says 2 Corinthians 5:21, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” So sin is no longer a factor. Plus that, God is not a man (Numbers 23:19), and doesn’t judge or see the way men do. He enlisted you into the ministry to do His work and enjoy His best not because of your own good works or self-righteousness, but because of His faithfulness and grace: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” (Ephesians 2:cool.

God has counted you faithful, putting you in the ministry (1 Timothy 1:12); therefore nothing and no sin should hinder your faith or dampen your zeal from doing His work. Remember, you didn’t call yourself to do His work, He called you; and before He called you He knew you. He knew all the mistakes you could ever make, yet He justified you and commissioned you to go in His Name and preach the Gospel to every creature. So you have a responsibility to do God’s work; let nothing stop you.

2 Corinthians 3:5-6 says, “Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” God did this in spite of you: He qualified you and made you an able minister of the New Testament. He’s already done it, and it’s irrevocable (Romans 11:29). Therefore refuse to allow sin or a guilt-conscious distract you from ministering to the Lord or from fulfilling your purpose as a minister of reconciliation. Get busy for the Lord and stay on task as a soul-winner!

Prayer
Blessed Father, I love you, and nothing can take my heart away from serving you and fulfilling your purpose for my life! I’ll always bring you glory through service in your vineyard, and in the preaching of the Gospel, for that’s what my life is for, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Hebrews 12:1
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 3:22-36
Reading plan 2 Samuel 23-24

2 Year Bible Mark 8:13-33
Reading Plan Numbers 10

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:47pm On May 27, 2011
Wisdom Positions You In The Place Of Opportunity – Friday May 27, 2011 – Pastor Anita

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all (Ecclesiastes 9:11).

Sometimes in a sporting tournament, we find the athletes or club sides touted to win or set a new record loose out to the underdog. Often times, favourites and more skilled teams fall by the wayside in football tournaments. This same scenario plays out in other games too, and in the game of life itself, showing that there’s more to life than training to be the best. There’s more to life than being the “most qualified or smartest” person around.

The Living Bible renders our opening scripture thus: “the swiftest person does not always win the race, nor the strongest man the battle, and that wise men are often poor, and skillful men the battle, and that wise men are often poor, and skillful men are not necessarily famous; but it is all by chance, by happening to be at the right place at the right time” (Ecclesiastes 9:1 TLB). Here, the Scriptures reveal the importance of being positioned in the place of opportunity; it’s a positioning by grace, where you’re in the right place, in God’s time! It’s a place where things work out for you without you having to struggle.

As you function in the wisdom of God, you’re positioned in His place of opportunity where you’re propelled to do the right thing, at the right time, in God’s way. And thanks be unto God, Christ has been made unto you wisdom from God (1 Corinthians 1:30); so you don’t lack wisdom. The wisdom of God in you will guide and lead you in the path of God’s destiny for your life. So declare always that divine wisdom is functioning in you, and thus you’re positioned in the place of opportunity at all times.

Confession
I’m rightly positioned today, in God’s place of opportunity for me. Wisdom guides me and moves me from within to take the right steps that are consistent with God’s purpose and calling for my life. I will never lose my way.

Further Study

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible John 13:1-30

Reading plan 2 Kings 20-22

2 Year Bible Mark 13:12-23

Reading Plan Numbers 30
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:09am On May 29, 2011
Safeguard The Word In Your Heart – Sunday May 29, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life (Proverbs 4:23).

In Mark chapter 4, Jesus tells us the parable of the sower: “…there went out a sower to sow: And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up…” While explaining the parable, He revealed that the seeds that fell by the wayside represented those who heard the Word and didn’t understand it; hence satan came immediately and stole the Word from their hearts (Mark 4:3-4, 14-15).

The first time I read this portion of Scripture, I was amazed that satan could steal the Word of God. But then I realized that satan could steal it from those who don’t understand it. Also, many lose the Word in their heart through fear, which is a manipulative tool of the enemy. Never give room to fear in your heart, for fear chokes the Word. Rather, through faith, receive the engrafted Word of God into your spirit and safeguard it therei

Everything in life stems from the Word of God. God’s Word, which encapsulates prosperity, health, success and victory is in your heart, and the devil is bent on stealing it from you. Therefore, you’re to mount guard over your heart and safeguard the Word in your spirit. The way to do this is through prayer and meditation. Meditation drives the Word deep into your spirit, causing your understanding to be broadened and as such the Word you’ve received stays.

Prayer, on the other hand, concretizes it! Through prayer your spirit is positioned and conditioned rightly to receive and retain God’s Word. So, when you hear the Word, as you’ve done even now, don’t neglect to drive it deep into your heart by meditation, and then concretize it with prayer! Otherwise, you could be creating an inroad for the enemy to steal it from you. Never let that happen.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for granting me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of you, and for enlightening the eyes of my understanding to know your will and walk in your ways! I declare that your Word takes root in my spirit today, bringing forth the fruits of what it talks about it, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Psalm 119:98-99
Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

Proverbs 4:20-22

My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible John 14:15-31

Reading plan 1 Chronicles1-2

2 Year Bible Mark 14:1-11

Reading Plan Numbers 32

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by inedi: 3:37pm On May 29, 2011
welcome back
i've missed this thread so much
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:05pm On May 30, 2011
Love – A Way Of Life – Monday May 30, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth hath fulfilled the law (Romans 13:cool.

As hard as the children of Israel tried to obey the Old Testament Law, they couldn’t. Worse still was the fact that if they broke just one commandment, they had broken the entire Law: “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all” (James 2:10).

God saw their helpless situation and came to their rescue by sending Jesus. The Bible says. “And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to the cross” (Colossians 2:13-14). Jesus abolished the Law and brought us all into His love.

How exciting and comforting to know that you don’t need to strive to fulfill the Ten Commandments, let alone the entire Law! When you walk in love, you have fulfilled the law: “Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law” (Romans 13:10). The Old Testament folks couldn’t function in love as a way of life. But as a new creation, love is intrinsic in your nature; you don’t need to be commanded to love for love has become your way of life.

The Bible says in Romans 5:5 that the love of God is shed abroad in your heart by the Holy Ghost. That love is what compels you to do the will of the Father and live for Him: "For the love of Christ constraneth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again" (2 Corinthians 5:14-15).

So, if you’re born again, walking in love doesn’t have to be a struggle because you’re not trying to obey commandments. You were born with the nature of love; therefore, you can love God and love people naturally for you have in you the love-nature of your heavenly Father!

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me your nature of love and for granting me an understanding of your great love, that I may experience it in all its fullness and express same to everyone in my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Timothy 1:8-9

But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for

sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Romans 13:10

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible John 15:1-17

Reading plan 1 Chronicles 3-4

2 Year Bible Mark 14:12-21

Reading Plan Numbers 33

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:46pm On May 31, 2011
Your Divine Destiny Starts In Christ! – Tuesday May 31, 2011 – Pastor Chris

But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee (Acts 26:16).

The account in Acts chapter 9 shows us how Paul, who was hitherto a notorious persecutor of the Church of Jesus Christ, received salvation on his way to Damascus. His encounter with the Lord changed him forever. Not only did the Lord save him from sin, He also brought him into His divine destiny in God, giving him the responsibility of taking the Gospel to the Gentiles: “…He is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake” (Acts 9:15-16).

No one in the Scriptures ever began to journey in their divine destiny until they first had as encounter with the Lord. Paul lived as a blasphemer, and a persecutor, injurious to the Church until he met with Jesus. Prior to his conversion, he was out of God’s divine destiny for his life. But immediately after his glorious encounter with the Lord his life became structured in line with divine destiny. Paul testified of this in 1 Timothy 1:12-13 when he said, “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.”

Now, 2 Corinthians 5:17 says “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” Until a man submits to the Lordship of Jesus, he isn’t in God’s divine will and his life is out of course. Your divine destiny begins at the point you receive Jesus as Lord of your life. That’s when you’re set on God’s preordained pathway of glory and success, which He prepared for you before the foundation of the world.

So, if you’re born again, happy are you; for it means you have a destiny in God which you must fulfill. But if you’re yet to give your heart to Christ, you must do that right away by confessing Jesus to be the Lord of your life, and that He died on account of your sins, and was raised back to life for your justification. Then and then alone are you awakened to the fatherhood of God and ushered into your divine destiny in Him!

Confession
I’m set on the path of success, glory, victory and divine destiny! I’m walking in preordained pathways, for predestination is at work in me! The course of events in my life has been structured by God to bring Him glory, having established me to fulfil my destiny of Him!

Further Study

Ephesians 2:10 AMP
For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Colossians 4:17
And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible John 15:18-16:16

Reading plan 1 Chronicles 5-6

2 Year Bible Mark 14:22-31

Reading Plan Numbers 34
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:38am On Jun 01, 2011
Blaze Through The Barriers – Wednesday June 1, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:19).
Someone once asked me if it was possible for satan to place a hindrance on the path of someone who’s born again and filled with the Holy Spirit. Emphatically yes, but that doesn’t mean anything! As a matter of fact, the easiest challenge to handle as a Christian is that which is masterminded by satan.

In 1 Thessalonians 2:18, Paul revealed how he and his team encountered hindrance from satan: “Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again: but Satan hindered us.” Now, Paul was full of the Holy Ghost, and had the Word of God dwelling in him richly, and he discerned that it wasn’t just some natural form of hindrance, but one caused by satan. But that didn’t in any way impact negatively on his ministry. He still did all that God called him to do and fulfilled his God-given destiny.
Understand that the more effective you are for the Lord and in your faith-walk, the more satan seeks to stir adversities against you. But you need not worry about him; he not a factor at all! He and demons are intelligent beings, and they understand and respond to spiritual authority. When you come against them in the Name of Jesus, they’ve got no option but to flee. So, you can blaze through every opposition; not only are you protected from the assault of the enemy, you have the power to cast him out.

Jesus made it clear that we would face tribulations, but He assures us of victory all the way (John 16:33). So it makes no difference the hindrances or obstacles satan tries to place on your path, you’re to blaze through them and walk in victory.
Satan knows you have authority over him; he’s aware Jesus has given you all authority: “Behold I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you” (Luke 10:19AMP). As long as you know the power you wield in the spirit and use it boldly, giving no place to fear, you’ll always be victorious in life and nothing can hinder you!

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you or giving me authority and power over all the ability of the enemy, and for your mighty hand of protection that’s upon me! I take advantage of my authority in Christ today, and declare that no work of the enemy shall dominate in and around me, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Mark 16:17 MSG

These are some of the signs that will accompany believers: They will throw out demons in my name, they will speak in new tongues, they will take snakes in their hands, they will drink poison and not be hurt, they will lay hands on the sick and make them well."

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible John 16:17-33

Reading plan 1 Chronicles 7-8

2 Year Bible Mark 14:32-42

Reading Plan Numbers 35

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:05am On Jun 08, 2011
Heal The Sick – Wednesday June 8, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick (Luke 9:1-2).

God wants us to pray with faith, boldness and the expectation that what we decree in prayer will come to pass. He has given us the authority in the Name of Jesus to issue decrees with daring audacity and have them established.

Some religious folks however gripe at our boldness, asking, “Who do they think they are, giving such decrees?” They expect us for instance, to pray and ask God to heal the sick, instead of taking it upon ourselves to command the sick to be healed in the Name of Jesus. Well, first of all, the Bible never says we should pray to God to heal the sick; rather, we’re to heal the sick.

There’s no place in the Scriptures where God asks that we pray to Him to heal the sick. In Matthew 10:8, Luke 9:2, Luke 10:9, Jesus charged the disciples to heal the sick; He didn’t ask them to pray to Him or to the Father to heal the sick. In Mark 16:17-18 He said, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” Jesus made it clear that we believers have been given the authority in His Name to heal the sick.

In the third chapter of the book of Acts, while Peter and John were at the gate of the temple called Beautiful, they met a man who was impotent in his feet; never walked from birth. Notice Peter’s language to the man: “…Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk” (Acts 3:6). He didn’t pray that God should heal the sick man. He was conscious of the authority he had and knew that though he couldn’t give the man money at that point in time, he could ‘give’ him healing in the Name of Jesus.

The nature of God has been imparted to your spirit if you’re born again, therefore you’re to reign as a king in life (Romans 5:17AMP).

When you pray for the sick, make bold decrees! Command the devils responsible for the sickness to come out and that the sick be healed in the Name of Jesus. Expect a change every time you issue such commands. This is the kind of prayer James refers to as prayer of faith in James 5:15.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for my words are imbued with authority from the Spirit. Therefore, I speak forth authoritatively, healing the sick, cleansing the lepers, raising the dead, casting out devils, and demonstrating God’s love to my world, in the Name of Jesus.

Further Study

Matthew 10:7-8

And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Luke 10:8-9

And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you: And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible John 21

Reading plan 1 Chronicles 26-29

2 Year Bible Mark 15:33-47

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 6

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 249
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.