Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Sex Education - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sex Education (529 Views)

African Parents And Sex Education; How Was Puberty Like For You? / Confessions Of A Mother Of Three On How She Gave Her Children Best Sex Education / Parents Divided Over VERY Detailed Sex Education Children's Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Education by personal59: 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
good day house,
please am really worried about my ward base on this topic because we all know sex education is important especially to the girls among them but my problem is how do I go about it like how to start, where to stop and what and what to discuss so as not to open them up into another unforseen circumstances.

I will like those in the house to please help out

mature people only please.
Re: Sex Education by personal59: 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
please stop viewing alone I need good comment or does it mean that no one understand the concept of sex education just like me cos I don't understand
Re: Sex Education by jaszplus12(m): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
good.
this usually is clumsy to most parents and most times procrastination comes in and the issue is shelved and the children are left to their own and whatever they learn about that may not be as worthy as when parents teach the children.
recently the need to start early has become necessary because the children themselves are exposed so early especially from movies and obscene music videos that have now become the norm.
if you have been friendly with your kids from onset it becomes easier to talk about sex to them without being shy or clumsy.
you may take the opportunity when for instance you're all watching a movie and a steamy scene is shown...use that as impulse to start the topics on sex and sex education. of course be sure that the younger crew are exempted.
soft questions like "do you know what happened between the man and woman in the movie as they lay in bed?"
their answers will generate more questions and make sure you assure them they're free to talk RESPECTFULLY about the topic.
never make jesting or scornful remarks about the subject or about anyone.
create in them the notion that sex is for adults and MARRIED adults. always in a gentle way tcondemn premarital sex.
mention the inherent consequences and be sure to always respect their comments and contributions.
try to also make them value their bodies and understand that flaunting and exposure of flesh doesn't glorify the MAKER rather debases the person and exposes such person to abuse and sex crimes...
like I said their comments and questions will help you chart the way you will also go about talking teaching and training them on the topic. cheers.

1 Like

Re: Sex Education by personal59: 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
thank you brother on closeness we are very close just don't know how to start or end nd the person in question is my junior sister 12-13yrs of age and will be in ss1 upon resumption since we all know how it all goes as far back 2001 wen I was in that class too am scared cos crush will start and abnormal exposure etc just post it as a parent so as to know hw to go about it.
thanks once again and on closeness we are way too close been the last born

please need more view to it
Re: Sex Education by jaszplus12(m): 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
mostly you will find that its not a topic for everyday. try to find a convenient time that has a relaxed atmosphere... then casually chip in one or two things...
subsequently you will graduate into ADVICE.
meaning you will now be in a better position to advice about what to do and how to cope with friends or peers who surround them daily.
one thing ...always allow their peers into your home so as to monitor their activities. be friendly to their pals too so they will always love to be around you...then you use the opportunity to discuss with them together. you will realize they (your kids and their pals) will bond to you better and always want to hear from you ...
Re: Sex Education by jaszplus12(m): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
personal59:
thank you brother on closeness we are very close just don't know how to start or end nd the person in question is my junior sister 12-13yrs of age and will be in ss1 upon resumption since we all know how it all goes as far back 2001 wen I was in that class too am scared cos crush will start and abnormal exposure etc just post it as a parent so as to know hw to go about it.
thanks once again and on closeness we are way too close been the last born
I'm happy to hear you're close. its very vital.
well, break the ice and your wife should also be part of the discussion. always read for greater knowledge in advance so they will believe you know EVERYTHING!! that way they won't seek knowledge anywhere else.
Re: Sex Education by personal59: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
jaszplus12:
mostly you will find that its not a topic for everyday. try to find a convenient time that has a relaxed atmosphere... then casually chip in one or two things...
subsequently you will graduate into ADVICE.
meaning you will now be in a better position to advice about what to do and how to cope with friends or peers who surround them daily.
one thing ...always allow their peers into your home so as to monitor their activities. be friendly to their pals too so they will always love to be around you...then you use the opportunity to discuss with them together. you will realize they (your kids and their pals) will bond to you better and always want to hear from you ...
hmmm, sincerely I lagged in this are because I don't know who her friends just because am not always around but will work better on that area

1 Like

Re: Sex Education by jaszplus12(m): 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
personal59:

hmmm, sincerely I lagged in this are because I don't know who her friends just because am not always around but will work better on that area
ok...
make time and ask here to invite her friends then have a great time with them.
even if any of her friends is "looking" wayward never condemn her or say "I don't want to see you wit that girl!" that girl may just be lacking in guidance and you might just be the one to be the change agent!
Re: Sex Education by jaszplus12(m): 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
personal59:

you should then find time and let her invite her friends home so you can also know them. with time you will then use an opportunity to talk with them. don't form a habit of telling her "I don't want to see you with this or that girl" even if that girl "looks" or "behaves" wayward. you may just be the change agent for that girls life... I'm now talking from experience.
Re: Sex Education by personal59: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
jaszplus12:

you should then find time and let her invite her friends home so you can also know them. with time you will then use an opportunity to talk with them. don't form a habit of telling her "I don't want to see you with this or that girl" even if that girl "looks" or "behaves" wayward. you may just be the change agent for that girls life... I'm now talking from experience.
hmmmm thank you really appreciate will work on it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Low Sperm Count And Low Sperm Motility / If You Want To Avoid Health Issues , Use Tumeric / Earn N15,000 By Referring A Client To Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.