Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District (36943 Views)

Nigerian Railway Shuts Train Services Nationwide / Nigerian Railway Corporation Allegedly Hired 3 NAF Helicopters To Guard Train / Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by Deltagiant: 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2017
Splitting Nigeria is the solution!!!
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by Ejanla07: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
shobroy10:

The best option they have

my yoruba muslim brother they will get thr Biafra. grin

nothing our ewedu eating heads can do about it. they will build a country they ve passion for....

because whoever take over will be scared of mass action from emboldened youths....
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by bkool7(m): 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2017
ExpensiveG:
Dis government don tire person

sad

Nah all the government
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by calddon(m): 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
Chukazu:

Can I use your pix to do a better write up?
Yea but proper photo credit should be made
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by Princedapace(m): 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
Bolustical:
It is their problem, not ours.

When their self professed son GEJ was in power,

They saw him work on the Abuja-Kaduna rail road,

They saw him construct roads in the north and build Alamajiri schools,

The Igbo elders were more interested in money sharing and not infrastructural development,

Politics is all about interests,

Reason why we SWers are wiser, now that we are are the center, all rail projects have been initiated from Lagos(Lagos-Ibadan, Lagos-Kano, Lagos-Calabar)

Road projects too are not left out. (Lagos Ibadan Exp Way must be concluded)

That is what politics is all about-interests and not gragratic emotions.

My brother... U dey believe these politicians? No be Ibadan wey I visit recently? We need to stop this make e pain another tribe man mentality.. Politicians are the same.. From east to west to south to north.. They av abandoned Nigerians..

2 Likes

Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by Explorers(m): 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
God save th country, nice shots though.

calddon did u take the shots yourself?
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by calddon(m): 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2017
Explorers:
God save th country, nice shots though.

calddon did u take the shots yourself?
yes
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by iamcy(m): 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2017
Looks like end of the world scenes from a post apocalyptic movie lipsrsealed
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by Explorers(m): 5:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
calddon:
yes

Cool...Phone?

1 Like

Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by shobroy10(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
Ejanla07:

my yoruba muslim brother they will get thr Biafra. grin

nothing our ewedu eating heads can do about it. they will build a country they ve passion for....

because whoever take over will be scared of mass action from emboldened youths....

Imagine uve segregated yoruba's into 2, mind u united we stand that's why we are different from other tribes we don't discriminate
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by FatherJP(m): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
Yet unemployment is ravaging us in this nation
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by laka2016: 5:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
I want totally agree with the above writer. The rot in the railways is not just in the eastern part of Nigeria. it cuts across the whole country.
I had a bitter experience in March this year when I went to Lagos from Sokoto and now decided to return via the railway at least to Zaria. I made this decision because of the media harp about the railway and how improved its services has become.I regretted that decision. we left Lagos like 2 hours behind schedule and wasted too much time waiting at Abeokuta. I was so surprised when we got to Ibadan, there was no light in the station. we got there at night and the whole station was in darkness and even in the darkness I could see so much pot holes in the station floor at Ibadan. I was shocked with the state of disrepair at the station. The Oshogbo station was not too bad though when compared with all the others I've seen.You would not believe it that by the time we passed offa by say 30 minutes,our train derailed. it was just God that saved us. our coach got disconnected from the rest and the engine and then it started going at this speed that I cannot fathom. We were all saying out supposed last prayers when suddenly our coach just stopped again.we were all thanking God for saving us from the calamity that just passed us bye.We had to be transfered to the moving part of the train and then taken to Ilorin. it was from Ilorin that another train carrying a jack now went back to rescue our derailed train.That was where my adventure ended. I abandoned the train at Ilorin to go and join a vehicle going to Sokoto from the park jeje.
I testified in church and warned all members to be wary of the Nigerian railways. I told them, the railway is just a moving corpse, an accident waiting to happen.
So in summary the rot is nation wide. As for me and my family we will not enter the train from Lagos to Kano.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
They are busy lying to Zombies.
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by bigfish3k: 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
Bolustical:
What should we now do to it?

You cannot expect a Nigerian government to fund a Biafran project,

Please continue your agitations and politics of hatred,

It will speed up the actualization of Biafra,

Then Biafran Ministry of Transport will revive the rail sector.

hypocrisy is when u still drill oil from biafran land and yet cant fund biafran projects. leave our resources alone let us manage it ourselves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by fpeter(f): 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
Jiang:

Hijacking comment from a smart poster grin

Funny enough, i didn't see that comment anywhere.
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by calddon(m): 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
Explorers:

Cool...Phone?
Gionee m6
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by Explorers(m): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
calddon:

Gionee m6

Waoh.....Its perfect bro.
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by kikake: 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
BUHARItesticles:
Amaechi @ work to please his slave master.

Amaechi after commissioning Nigeria's first ever standard gauge rail lines and stations costing $1.059 billion in northern Nigeria; he set out to build another standard gauge railway system costing about $400 billion between north and southwest Nigeria.

The east and southsouth regions have to wait.

That's the lion of Ubima for his admirers in the southwest and northern regions.
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by bibe(m): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
pheesayor:
Lagos-Calabar will pass through the south eastern states as well

I don't think so. I recall the incidence at the senate or house of rep (not very sure which one) where they were debating on passing the loan request of about $1.5b (again not certain of the exact figure).
The SE senators/reps noted the SE wasn't captured and were supported by the SW colleagues amid some commotion.
I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by bashydemy(m): 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
ExpensiveG:
Dis government don tire person

sad

What did last Government did in that region that make you guys want to die for them?
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by bashydemy(m): 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
SageTravels:
This is not time for Blame game. Not time to call on past administration because they have admitted they mistakes btw nobody is perfect. This is time for APC to prove to the eastern region that they have got they back covered.

Somebody should tag mister for transportation Hon Rotimi Amaechi. His attention is needed.

You mean the same eastern region that hate FG with passion? Who will start in that place and allow IPORK to attack them.. haha
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by kikake: 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2017
nextprince:
Hmmm.
But the descendants of Table Tops are saying their ogogoro master had completed everything.
Abi na from 2015 till date the thing reach this level?

Continue to deceive yourself with your ogogoro president talk.

Your masters with their military leaders who presided over Nigeria for about 40 years before 1999 looted the oil revenues, and worse, did not understand that decaying infrastructures like power, water supply, railways, telephones etc., had to be replenished.

Jonathan you call ogogoro and clueless started to build and finished Nigeria's first standard gauge rail lines worth $1.059 billion in the north.

Can you imagine your saviours in power today to ignore their regions but build such expensive standard gauge rail in other regions?

These days, some vocal people in the SS are bribed to denounce agitation for Biafra including the SS, so as to let the political status quo remain.

The political status quo is the geese that lay the golden eggs are deprived of good food, but good food given to barren geese.
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by bashydemy(m): 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
BUHARItesticles:
Amaechi @ work to please his slave master.

You mean same way GEJ worked to pleases his slave masters?
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by nextprince: 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2017
kikake:

Continue to deceive yourself with your ogogoro president talk.

Your masters with their military leaders who presided over Nigeria for about 40 years before 1999 looted the oil revenues, and worse, did not understand that decaying infrastructures like power, water supply, railways, telephones etc., had to be replenished.

Jonathan you call ogogoro and clueless started to build and finished Nigeria's first standard gauge rail lines worth $1.059 billion in the north.

Can you imagine your saviours in power today to ignore their regions but build such expensive standard gauge rail in other regions?

These days, some vocal people in the SS are bribed to denounce agitation for Biafra including the SS.

Bla bla bla, pls which first class railway did he start and finish? In which obodo?
What did he do with the huge resources at his disposal you are talking about one "starting & finishing" first class railway which cannot even be substantiated with any practical or documented evidence.

"Looted the oil revenues", na your oil revenue? Why are you crying more than the bereaved? Allow the oil producing states to cry na? Abi na ya oil? Shuooo.

1 Like

Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by kikake: 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
nextprince:

Bla bla bla, pls which first class railway did he start and finish? In which obodo?
What did he do with the huge resources at his disposal you are talking about one "starting & finishing" first class railway which cannot even be substantiated with any practical or documented evidence.

"Looted the oil revenues", na your oil revenue? Why are you crying more than the bereaved? Allow the oil producing states to cry na? Abi na ya oil? Shuooo.

If you had head, you should have noticed that Jonathan started and finished the Kaduna to Abuja standard gauge railway lines and stations that coat $1.059 billion.

Yes, I come from an oil-producing state .
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by kikake: 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
kettykin:
infrastural grave yard , sometimes i feel anyone defenfing the rants that the problem of Nigeria is solvable is just big fool. Nigeria seems to have gone beyond the salvage period, the same thing is obatinable with the coal industry, tire factories etc

For those from the east, west, north and south who are still eating fat from the carcass of decaying Nigeria, they tell the people the lies that the country can still be salvaged.
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by kikake: 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
Bolustical:
It is their problem, not ours.

When their self professed son GEJ was in power,

They saw him work on the Abuja-Kaduna rail road,

They saw him construct roads in the north and build Alamajiri schools,

The Igbo elders were more interested in money sharing and not infrastructural development,

Politics is all about interests,

Reason why we SWers are wiser, now that we are are the center, all rail projects have been initiated from Lagos(Lagos-Ibadan, Lagos-Kano, Lagos-Calabar)

Road projects too are not left out. (Lagos Ibadan Exp Way must be concluded)

That is what politics is all about-interests and not gragratic emotions.

What a country Nigeria with groups having your sort of attitude to its political and development process:

before long, it shall be, there was a country called Nigeria. Take this to the CBN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by cunley(m): 8:11pm On Jul 19, 2017
Shey bi na una wan Biafra? Oya make una dey develop dey go.
Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by valarinz: 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2017
shobroy10:
My ppl from the East stop acting as if ur region is the only place left out in Nigeria. If you want to know how bad Nigeria is journey from kano down to Lagos u will see how Nigeria is. How many railway stations are up to Nigeria standard leave foreign standard now. Only that of Abuja the rest get as E be so we are all together in this stop thinking and believing outside Eastern part the rest region are finding it funny.

Anything u want to term me go ahead am a Yoruba guy and proud to be Lagos, Ibadan, Osogbo even though renovated down to Kano all have abandoned equipments like that so stop painting it as if east is left out of Nigeria.

We won't say much u ppl will start talking Biafra this Biafra that u are not the only one that want a better livelihood but violence and strict agitation sometimes brings pain and sorrow e.g Sudan,Libya, Syria etc sometimes drinking garri in peace is better than taking chicken in fear. Yorubas are not Fools pls we are just conscious

Bros, na wetin come warrant all these tribal superiority rant now,

Re: Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District by goaldynboy: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
Chai!! The marginalization of southeast is obviously calculated and vindictive! Anybody that oppose BIAFRA must die! Starting from Buha..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is My Visa Agent A Scam? / Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) / The Sorry State of The Lagos-Badagry Expressway This Morning - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.