Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb (1762 Views)

Manchester United Vs West Ham (3 - 1) On Sat, 21st Dec 2013 / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April / Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by Cristalz(f): 9:22am On Feb 05, 2010
Manchester United will be looking to close up the 2-points gap between them and 1st placed Chelsea on the League table. A win will put the club at the top of the table. . .how long they remain there will depend on the outcome of Sunday's clash between Chelsea and Arsenal. With the team currently in good form, Portsmouth are going to have a rather daunting task on Saturday.
United are likely to keep a similar look to the team that took care of Arsenal. Rio Ferdinand will not feature as he completes the second of a four-game domestic ban (although he’s contesting the extra match ban for a ‘frivolous’ previous appeal). Nemanja Vidic is also recovering from a calf injury, meaning Wes Brown should partner Johnny Evans at centre-back.
[url=http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&redirectorid=news_story&newsid=6646080]Read more[/url]

Having had as many changes of owners as wins this season, it’s been off-the-field activities rather than the football which has dictated Pompey’s fall to the foot of the Premier League. With all the uncertainty off the pitch, Avram Grant’s side have suffered the side-effects as they go into Saturday’s game without a win since late October.
The end of the African Nations Cup means Nadir Belhadj, Hassan Yebda and Aruna Dindane all returned for their midweek game against Fulham. However Nwankwo Kanu has yet to arrive since being out on duty with Nigeria, while Papa Boupa Diop and Michael Brown remain sidelined.
Portsmouth are expected to put up a good fight though, as they struggle to survive the murky waters of relegation.
Avram Grant will be relying on Frederic Piquionne to do some damage at OT. Piquionne, on loan from Lyon, scored in back-to-back games against Chelsea and Liverpool before Christmas. The 31-year-old would love a strike at OT to revive his hopes of making France’s World Cup squad.

Match will be on DSTV. . .SS4.
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by tkb417(m): 9:29am On Feb 05, 2010
4-0 it will end

C'mon Rooney get a brace and increase ur tally to 22 league goals

Nani and Scholes to complete the tally
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by Emperoh(m): 11:43am On Feb 05, 2010
Common reds. . . , we can do it. . . . I hope Papa Kai increases his tally!!
I will hope nothing unforseen happens here but confidence is sky high!!
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by chamotex(m): 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2010
United! United!! United!!!

3 points in the kitty
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by HNIC(m): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2010
Pompey wins 2-1
Remember 2008 FA cup match when O.T was desecrated.
Prince Boateng and Utaka for Pompey
Consolatory goal for Nani
Come on Pompey!!!
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by MrTA(m): 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2010
Pompey wins 2-1
Come on Pompey!!!

And then you woke up from your dream and realised what really happened was that Man United spanked Arsenal at the Emirates 3-1.
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by HNIC(m): 5:58pm On Feb 05, 2010
Mr_TA:

And then you woke up from your dream and realised what really happened was that Man United spanked Arsenal at the Emirates 3-1.
@MR Too Awful,
Make your own predictions and face front!
The thread was opened for anyone to talk about the match
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by abrahym(m): 8:47pm On Feb 05, 2010
wayne wonder must score a brace or hatrick, ill be satisfy with 4-0 bashing
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by presido1: 2:11pm On Feb 06, 2010
HNIC:

Pompey wins 2-1
Come on Pompey!!!
Shame no dey ur dictionary?
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by niniman(m): 3:44pm On Feb 06, 2010
Manchester United v Portsmouth line-ups:

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Brown, Jonathan Evans, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Fletcher, Nani, Berbatov, Rooney.
Subs: Kuszczak, Owen, Park, Fabio Da Silva, Gibson, De Laet, Diouf.
Portsmouth: James, Vanden Borre, Rocha, Wilson, Ben-Haim, Webber, Hughes, Mullins, O'Hara, Belhadj, Piquionne.
Subs: Ashdown, Owusu-Abeyie, Finnan, Boateng, Dindane, Yebda, Basinas.
Referee: Lee Mason (Lancashire)
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by niniman(m): 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2010
goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by Sauron1: 5:23pm On Feb 06, 2010
What a goal by Berbatov!!!!

4-0.
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by chamotex(m): 5:27pm On Feb 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

What a goal by Berbatov!!!!

4-0.

We need to increase our tally . . . anything less than 7 and I wont be happy
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by Sauron1: 5:28pm On Feb 06, 2010
chamotex:

We need to increase our tally . . . anything less than 7 and I wont be happy

I agree with you.
Still think Nani is better on the right though.

Another own goal/Nani!!!!
Nani now scares EPL defence to score goals.

5-0.
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by debosky(m): 5:28pm On Feb 06, 2010
Berbatov has mental problems - he won't score easy chances but will score hard ones.

Reminds me of another confused MOFO - Adebayor.  grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by debosky(m): 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2010
That must be the best own goal EVER. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by Sauron1: 5:31pm On Feb 06, 2010
debosky:

That must be the best own goal EVER. shocked shocked shocked

At this rate, Nani will win the PFA player of the season.
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by debosky(m): 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

At this rate, Nani will win the PFA player of the season.

For where. . . . he bribed players to score own goals to make him look good. he will soon run out of cash. grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by Sauron1: 5:41pm On Feb 06, 2010
debosky:

For where. . . . he bribed players to score own goals to make him look good. he will soon run out of cash. grin

Did he buy Clichy and imp Nasri too?
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by chamotex(m): 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2010
debosky:

Debo, do us a favour tomorrow by beating the Chavs and I'll give you one Ekiti babe . . . . Deal?
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by chic2pimp(m): 5:44pm On Feb 06, 2010
Berbasulk always scores when the game is over and done with embarassed embarassed
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by presido1: 5:46pm On Feb 06, 2010
Yaradua score today grin grin grin Good
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by Sauron1: 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2010
chamotex:

Debo, do us a favour tomorrow by beating the Chavs and I'll give you one Ekiti babe . . . . Deal?

We don't need their help.
Even now. . . . .A goalless draw is the best result for United.

FULL TIME. . . . .5-0 and some simpletons still think we miss Ronaldo.
It's been a wonderful fortnight for us.

61 league goals scored already. . . .highest scoring team in the league!!
SAF is god.
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by presido1: 6:26pm On Feb 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

61 league goals scored already. . . .highest scoring team in the league!!
SAF is god.
Gayners celebrated this last two weeks like the trophy is @ hand. U know they celebrate anything.
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by ritchboy(m): 6:47pm On Feb 06, 2010
Seriously, if United win the league again this year, Arsenal & Chelsea should be turned into rugby teams.
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by aieromon(m): 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2010
I don't see gayners doin' us any favors.let's focus on whippin' Villa,Milan and Everton,then invite Cheski to come collect some whooping.
Gaynners sucked at the Emirates and are gonna suck tomorrow.
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 06, 2010
HNIC:

Pompey wins 2-1
Come on Pompey!!!
Really?
Even if you were wan.king,that scenario would NEVER have come up.
I thought your guys were facing a crucial game tomorrow.And while I back your team to win(more in hope),I'm really not so sure about the result,especially since I heard Drogba has been shopping for baby oil to use in the bi-seasonal despoiling act.
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by Sauron1: 9:13pm On Feb 06, 2010
chic2pimp:

Berbasulk always scores when the game is over and done with embarassed embarassed

Oh yeah?

The openers against Stoke, Blackburn, Sunderland and Burnley don't count?
You are a twunt!
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by chic2pimp(m): 10:16pm On Feb 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Oh yeah?

The openers against Stoke, Blackburn, Sunderland and Burnley don't count?
You are a twunt!
Will you sharrap dia

None of those teams are what we call quality teams. I expect a £30m signing to do more than score against Burnley,Stoke e.t.c
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by Tatase(f): 12:31am On Feb 07, 2010
chic2pimp:

None of those teams are what we call quality teams. I expect a £30m signing to do more than score against Burnley,Stoke e.t.c

Whether you beat Stoke or Burnley or you beat Chelsea or Arsenal, it's still the same 3 points. There are no extra points for beating big teams, and that's what trophy-winning teams realize. Collect your points where you can o. There's no trophy for beating the big teams and losing to the small ones (re: Liverpool and last season, Chelsea).

As for when Berbatov scores, it's all the same to me, 5-0 will always have a better ring to me than 4-0. So if he wants to score the 21st goal sef of the match, I'm not mad as long as it's within the 90mins and we win.
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by tkb417(m): 6:43am On Feb 07, 2010
Good point Tatase
Nice one!
Re: Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb by Emperoh(m): 10:36am On Feb 08, 2010
. . . . . good job!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man City Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Unsung Heroes Of The English Premier League / Arsenal Have Agreed A New Kit Deal With Puma Worth £170m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.