Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,458 members, 7,781,315 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:24 PM

Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog (5941 Views)

I Will Design A Standard Wordpress Adsense Niche Blog / Is It Ok To Have A Multi Niche Blog? / Which Is More Profitable Between Owning A Website And Owning A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
webmasters in the house, pls, which is more profitable to venture into?
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Weezyclan(m): 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
Choose the one in which you are more
comfortable with. Multi niche require lot of
efforts as you will need to update the content for all your categories/topics where
as Single niche does not have that restriction. I also end up converting my multi niche blog to single niche & I am happy about my decision. I am listing my reasons why I did so. May be it can help you to understand it better: SEO is difficult for multi-niche blog SEO is a bad idea for a multi niche blog. If you are covering many scattered categories/topics on your blog then you are affecting your SEO badly. As we know about the SEO
and Search algorithms are changing every
day. Various search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing are ranking websites based
on brand and possession. Let me give you a
simple example – Say you are interested in
sports (let’s take football.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Weezyclan(m): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
Say you are interested in sports (let’s take football). You search in
search engines for “What are some of the
greatest footbal matches of all time” or ‘’Top Less Known facts about footbal”. The search engine provides you many results. Let’s take two example of search results – Blog 1 – A blog which is dedicated to football (or in broader term – Sports)
(Niche blog) Blog 2 – A blog which contains many topics
such as Sports, Technologies, Health,
Photography etc. (Multi Niche Blog) So out of these two blogs, which would you choose? I would certainly select the first blog, as it is likely to offer more quality content (because it is a blog dedicated
specifically to the topic of football), and it will
offer a cleaner and better user experience. Same is the case with the search engine as
well. Google team is bringing new algorithms
regularly just to make sure that only quality
Blogs/website appears in SERPs (Search
Engine Result Pages). That’s why the single niche blog has a good
opportunity.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
Good one, wizzyclan. Op you can still do multi niches if you are sure of growing readers. If you have a large subscription base and fanbase on social media it would work.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by successincentiv(m): 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
I will always tell you to go for a niche blog.

Niche blog will make you an authority

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by joebeckz(m): 7:24am On Jul 20, 2017
This thread brought back an old feeling.
When you are presented with an examination paper with questions u know nothing about and instructions says attempt all. Where u wan start from.

I know most readers just de read and would be as confused as I am.
Thanks to the 1st and second comment.
I have a little idea what the thread is all about.
Now I Sabi wetin niche multiple and single be, lol

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by pauljumbo: 7:25am On Jul 20, 2017
Both of them is profitable

Once you decide to work hard and be patient you will always succeed with both.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by chinawapz(m): 7:32am On Jul 20, 2017
A single niche blog is highly profitable if you are very good at it.
I am a web developer and web designer, I can develop the blog of your dream at a cheaper rate.
Call or WhatsApp: 08130767357
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:32am On Jul 20, 2017
If you are thinking of monetizing, go for multi multi niche.

Not definitely entertainment
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 7:38am On Jul 20, 2017
In this era, nothing works better than NICHE MARKETING.

More so, even if you want to turn your blog to an AUTHORITY BLOG, it must be focused on a particular niche.

However, you can go for multiple nich, if you can afford to spend money to pay writers like ARIANA who pays a lot of writers to write for her blog...that her blog RAKES in over $100 million per month.

Mind you, don't build your blog on the sole purpose of getting traffic from search engines like Google.

Google doesn't care whether your blog is niche focus or not...they rank sites for different ranking factors they CHANGE ALL THE TIME.

Infact, you can't imagine the number of times Google has change their algorithm...it's just crazy...so, you ranking today...does not mean you will rank tomorrow.

I could remember when niche came into existence, a lot internet marketers started blogging...those guys made bastard money in few weeks...it wasn't long before Google change algorithm, and every lost their money maker.

In conclusion, go for niche to be focus and market it yourself on social media.

Facebook is preferrable to others because you can target demography of your blog audience.

In fact, it better than Google in conversion...that is...it is easier to get someone from Facebook than Google.

Later on, when you are an authority in the niche you want, you can move to another niche. By the time you are moving to another niche, you won't have prolem with first one because it's making enough money to sustain itself.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by olayiwola4u(m): 7:42am On Jul 20, 2017
Weezyclan:
greatest footbal matches of all time” or ‘’Top Less Known facts about footbal”. The search engine provides you many results. Let’s take two example of search results – Blog 1 – A blog which is dedicated to football (or in broader term – Sports)
Photography etc. (Multi Niche Blog) So out of these two blogs, which would you choose? I would certainly select the first blog, as it is likely to offer more quality content (because it is a blog dedicated
offer a cleaner and better user experience. Same is the case with the search engine as
opportunity.

Weezyclan, you are right as well
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 20, 2017
Multiple niche is not easy except you have authors..I prefer niche blogging http://domaindome.org
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by ibietela2(m): 7:49am On Jul 20, 2017
I cover all Health topics
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Sanchez01: 7:55am On Jul 20, 2017
One major problem with multi niche blogs is that they require a whole lot of effort than single niche blogs.

Concerning SEO, it would be better you stay within a niche and become a force therein rather than push yourself unnecessarily into copying and pasting as the demands with multi niche blogs.

A pitfall, however, would be monetization. Certain niches are more profitable than others and just in case your niche of interest is one with little earnings, you would need to concentrate on growing your fan base than those who do health/tech niches, save people contact you to advertise on your blog.

Either way, it is better to focus on a niche. You would know so much in little or know time since your attention would not be divided.
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by celebtalk: 7:55am On Jul 20, 2017
Please is www.nigerianinfopedia.com a multi niche blog?
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by pseenzu: 7:57am On Jul 20, 2017
someone should help with a good web hosting site without no transferring of domain name in nigeria
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Magicdon(m): 7:59am On Jul 20, 2017
chinawapz:
A single niche blog is highly profitable if you are very good at it.
I am a web developer and web designer, I can develop the blog of your dream at a cheaper rate.
Call or WhatsApp: 08130767357

Please i need ur assistance on my blog. I applied Google adsense and i was given some instructions on wat to do. U can take a look at my blog n tell me wat to do
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Mayor38(m): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2017
I think with hardwork both are very profitable
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by MrTechy(m): 8:36am On Jul 20, 2017
A single niche blog is good for affiliate marketing... Too too gud.

Why multi niche is good for any monetizaton method,
check http://www.1960tech.com.ng
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by RapportNaija(m): 8:47am On Jul 20, 2017
If you can generate millions of traffic, multi niche not bad. You do not worry about SEO because traffic itself will push you to become an authority blog. Eg. Punchnh, Vabguardngr... They post anything from news to tips...

But if u dont have money to invest, better stick to one niche and do SEO like mad... Eg. Ogbongeblog

For multi, u got to depend on Ads to make money.

For single, when u get a good DA and PA, you can then do CPA/affiliate marketing, accept dedicated sponsored guest posts and all...

My take, do whatever works for you!
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by CelestineC(m): 9:01am On Jul 20, 2017
Single niche still rocks more these days

However there are still a lot of other factors e.g

A single niche without original contents is rubbish

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by kodefreak: 9:16am On Jul 20, 2017
Blogging works out from the amount of effort you put on it. You can grow a single niche blog or a multi niche blog if you follow the right practices. You must have or have everything necessary to grow your fans base.

I am a Web/Mobile Developer who's spent a couple of years figuring out what works off and on blogging.

Whatsapp/Call: 07030740617
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by leksmedia: 9:23am On Jul 20, 2017
Mostly a multiple niche but If you can incorporate CPA into your blog, you also do your SEO , you might be doing better than a multiple niche blog . for your website design contact www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by CosmicJames(m): 9:53am On Jul 20, 2017
À multi-purpose blog is more profitable than single purpose blog. When you go niche, you limit yourself and the amount of traffic you are capable of getting as well as the money you can be making.

Note: Whether niche or multi-purpose, no one is easy to start from scratch and grow to become very popular. Infact, à multi-purpose blog seems easier to build than a niche blog as you can post vertually anything on the site.

I'm currently building a social network that I initially wanted to make it niche purpose.
But after a careful considération of the fact that I was limiting myself by creating a niche site, and the fact that I can become a giant social site in the future if I go multi-purpose, I decided to change my focus from niche social network to multi-purpose social network.

You will make better decisions if you project Manu years into the future while making that decision -- CosmicJames

My advice:instead of putting so much efforts in building a niche blog for Google to rank it in top search result, put that same efforts on building a multi-purpose blog and load it with unlimited contents for human consumtion. Don't build à site for Google, build it for human beings.
Google is a Robot.

Want to see my multi-purpose social network ?
Here is the link:
www.kikimat.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 20, 2017
Weezyclan:
Choose the one in which you are more
comfortable with. Multi niche require lot of
efforts as you will need to update the content for all your categories/topics where
as Single niche does not have that restriction. I also end up converting my multi niche blog to single niche & I am happy about my decision. I am listing my reasons why I did so. May be it can help you to understand it better: SEO is difficult for multi-niche blog SEO is a bad idea for a multi niche blog. If you are covering many scattered categories/topics on your blog then you are affecting your SEO badly. As we know about the SEO
and Search algorithms are changing every
day. Various search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing are ranking websites based
on brand and possession. Let me give you a
simple example – Say you are interested in
sports (let’s take football.
I get...thanks man
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 20, 2017
Weezyclan:
opportunity.
helpful
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 20, 2017
Nice topic. I opened a blog lately and I talk about photography and Vidoegraphy practises and techniques in Nigeria. Guys check it out for me please, what do you think?

www.fototech.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by Innov8ve1: 10:30am On Jul 20, 2017
the way people here are talking about google algorithms you'd think they were part of the team that created google panda. There are many top blogs that are multiniche and also single niche. you cant write off former because of seo algorithms. if you put in much effort into your blogging career either as a single niche or multi niche, you'll be successful.

i blog at www.naijadailyfeed.com

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by abbakin: 10:52am On Jul 20, 2017
If you are new to blogging, doing things right at the start is going to be a good idea.

You can always start small and grown overtime.

As a blogger who wants to make your post keyword-targeted, SEO Optimized and ready to drive new traffics to your website, you need to start by learning these key skills:

9 SEO Strategies That Will Get Your Blog On Top Of Google in 2017

https://abbakin.com/seo-strategies/

Read: 6 Steps on How to Start Online Business and Make Money out of It

https://abbakin.com/online-business-start-guide/

Related: Creating Quality Content for Your Business or Website: The 7 Elements

https://abbakin.com/creating-quality-content/

Hope these tips would help.
@abbakinglova
Re: Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog by spafu(m): 11:04am On Jul 20, 2017
Came to learn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Google Now In Hausa And Yoruba / :: Dhtml Framework Evolution / Cash Awoof Registration Guide: How To Register And Make ₦200,000 Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.