Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? (936 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Conduct A DNA Test? I Can't Believe What I Saw / Are Inverters Worth It? / Use These 20 Tests To Know If She Is Wife Material - Joro Olumofin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
Recently a lot of discoveries have been made with the help of DNA tests of men raising children that aren't theirs. A lot of men are playing victim and saying they would test their children. Some even went as far as saying they would save up for it(LOL), while others say they would do it behind their wives back.

Statistics reveal that 3 out of five married men are raising children that are not biologically theirs. When every baby is born everyone croons and says things like 'omo mummy', 'omo daddy'. It is safe to say that at birth babies look like their parents biological or not so why is everyone crying for a DNA test.

If it was found out that one or all of your children weren't yours, you would unleash war and scatter the home you built with your hands. But think to yourself, if the role was reversed and you got a side chick pregnant or put her and the child in a flat somewhere and your wife found out, although there would be trouble, after family is involved, the woman still has to accept her fate that the husband has a child outside.

Although the woman is wrong, men are to blame, especially those that say they want baby mamas. Forget davido and wizkid and don't be deceived, society still frowns at and judges a pregnant young woman with no ring on her finger. Desperation drives her to marry or face the consequences of single motherhood. What goes around comes around.

Then there is the case of men with low sperm count. Trust me, out of 100 couples with infertility, 30% is due to the men, 30% due to the women, and the remaining both are at fault or with no known cause. But in every O&G clinic 99% of the time,women present for infertlity when couples are meant to go together. When tests are given for the husband to do sometimes we don't see them again. Most women who got children from outside, especially when their husband had no idea of their sperm count were told by their mother inlaws to seek children elsewhere.

If you still want to go for a DNA test go ahead, but at what cost. Going for the test shows lack of trust for your spouse which is a recipe for divorce.
Children are a blessing biological or not, you shouldnt stop being a father to them becos of a simple test has still has a margin for error. Don't let your love be conditional.

Finally to the women out there, please practice family planning, your church/ mosque doesn't need to know about it. They certainly wouldn't be on your side if it is found out that your husband isn't the father of your chidren. For those of you who think you can use pregnancy to trap a man, may lightning strike you seven times and infuse you with a new brain cos your old one was used for peppersoup by the witches in your village.

If you want to mention the whole post just type funmisticqueen instead but you can quote any part of concern. This is just my humble opinion, i don't want to argue , no insults please cos we are civilised people (except some) but I would like to hear what you think.
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
Where exactly are you driving to?

3 Likes

Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by harbjar(m): 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Recently a lot of discoveries have been made with the help of DNA tests of men raising children that aren't theirs. A lot of men are playing victim and saying they would test their children. Some even went as far as saying they would save up for it(LOL), while others say they would do it behind their wives back.

Statistics reveal that 3 out of five married men are raising children that are not biologically theirs. When every baby is born everyone croons and says things like 'omo mummy', 'omo daddy'. It is safe to say that at birth babies look like their parents biological or not so why is everyone crying for a DNA test.

If it was found out that one or all of your children weren't yours, you would unleash war and scatter the home you built with your hands. But think to yourself, if the role was reversed and you got a side chick pregnant or put her and the child in a flat somewhere and your wife found out, although there would be trouble, after family is involved, the woman still has to accept her fate that the husband has a child outside.

Although the woman is wrong, men are to blame, especially those that say they want baby mamas. Forget davido and wizkid and don't be deceived, society still frowns at and judges a pregnant young woman with no ring on her finger. Desperation drives her to marry or face the consequences of single motherhood. What goes around comes around.

Then there is the case of men with low sperm count. Trust me, out of 100 couples with infertility, 30% is due to the men, 30% due to the women, and the remaining both are at fault or with no known cause. But in every O&G clinic 99% of the time,women present for infertlity when couples are meant to go together. When tests are given for the husband to do sometimes we don't see them again. Most women who got children from outside, especially when their husband had no idea of their sperm count were told by their mother inlaws to seek children elsewhere.

If you still want to go for a DNA test go ahead, but at what cost. Going for the test shows lack of trust for your spouse which is a recipe for divorce.
Children are a blessing biological or not, you shouldnt stop being a father to them becos of a simple test has still has a margin for error. Don't let your love be conditional.

Finally to the women out there, please practice family planning, your church/ mosque doesn't need to know about it. They certainly wouldn't be on your side if it is found out that your husband isn't the father of your chidren. For those of you who think you can use pregnancy to trap a man, may lightning strike you seven times and infuse you with a new brain cos your old one was used for peppersoup by the witches in your village.

If you want to mention the whole post just type funmisticqueen instead but you can quote any part of concern. This is just my humble opinion, i don't want to argue , no insults please cos we are civilised people (except some) but I would like to hear what you think.
rather find a way to punish the woman but not the children... they re faultless and i shouldn't blame them for the sins of their mother.. GOD FORBID this kinda of situation though
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
I agree totally, but punish? Oh well.
harbjar:

rather find a way to punish the woman but not the children... they re faultless and i shouldn't blame them for the sins of their mother.. GOD FORBID this kinda of situation though
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by VargasVee(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
harbjar:

Did you have to quote the whole post

2 Likes

Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2017
Op I thought you once said you are in the field of medicine

You should have experienced the emotions that comes with DNA test before
Do you think it is worth it based on your observations?
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by VargasVee(m): 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
When would you lots stop blaming men?

Now we're the ones prompting ladies to promiscuity?

I don't get it.

1 Like

Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2017
grin I am in my house chillin.
Rorachy:
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
I honestly don't think it is worth it except maybe in some of the cases where the children want to find their fathers and not everyone is happy in those cases especially the father's wife and children, but if anyone wants to go ahead, we need the money anyways.
sunshineG:
Op I thought you said you once said you are in the field of medicine

You should have experienced the emotions that comes with DNA test before
Do you think it is worth it based on your observations?
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
funmisticqueen:
I honestly don't think it is worth it except maybe in some of the cases where the children want to find their fathers and not everyone is happy in those cases especially the father's wife and children, but if anyone wants to go ahead, we need the money anyways.
so it is not worth it then
Honestly as someone with little experience regarding such issue like me, I may be curios, but I will rather be save than sorry
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
Sure thing
sunshineG:
so it is not worth it then
Honestly as someone with little experience regarding such issue like me, I may be curios, but I will rather be save than sorry
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by tosyne2much(m): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hmmmm.. I'm speechless
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
Due to breakup in most marriages, I suggest that DNA would be the best option
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by LePrezident(m): 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
funmisticqueen:
[s]Recently a lot of discoveries have been made with the help of DNA tests of men raising children that aren't theirs. A lot of men are playing victim and saying they would test their children. Some even went as far as saying they would save up for it(LOL), while others say they would do it behind their wives back.

If you want to mention the whole post just type funmisticqueen instead but you can quote any part of concern. This is just my humble opinion, i don't want to argue , no insults please cos we are civilised people (except some) but I would like to hear what you think.[/s]

Sorry but stop saying rubbish. If a man wants to do DNA test is it your DNA? So he should foolishly take care of somebody else's child? What is the cost of DNA compared to a lifetime of taking care of another man's child.

I don't know what your headache is unless you plan to give another man's child to another man angry

3 Likes

Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by pharmguru: 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
t

4 Likes

Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
Whatever dude, dont get an aneurysm on my account.
LePrezident:

Sorry but stop saying rubbish. If a man wants to do DNA test is it your DNA? So he should foolishly take care of somebody else's child? What is the cost of DNA compared to a lifetime of taking care of another man's child.

I don't know what your headache is unless you plan to give another man's child to another man angry
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
Rorachy:

to mile 2 to collect the dna test result
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by ikp120(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
Worth it 100000000000000 percent!
Before the woman go kill me one day with stories that touch.
Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 08, 2018
When a man has a child outside marriage he takes care of the child with his own finances not with his wife's and most times he doesn't bring the child home, and everyone is aware even the wife while if is the other way around the man takes care of another man's child unknown to him, if she could take the child to his/her biological father there wouldn't be a problem. I will do a DNA test trust or no trust.

1 Like

Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by milemimi93(m): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2018
DNA to me, it's worth more than the relationship itself.

1 Like

Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by babyfaceafrica: 10:31am On Aug 08, 2018
worth it...knowledge is power

1 Like

Re: DNA Tests, Worth It Or Not? by Shegzy8(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2018
Op is mad..just spitting trash like an slowpoke..it's not your dna so get the Bleep off, no excuse for been promiscuous..
Imagine op saying some times the mother in-law encourages the wife to get pregnant outside..as in, who says that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Virgin Nigerian Girl Posts On Facebook In Search For A Guy To Deflower Her / I Went To A Traditional Wedding / Lol When A Mugu Have Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.