Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? (18419 Views)

When Your Fiance/fiancee Is Disturbing You For Sex / '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Collyno82(m): 6:26am On Jul 20, 2017
sheunpompey1:
OP, Though nice question but I will suggest u follow your BELIEF. I worship with Deeper Life and I am married. The essence of informing your pastors or leaders is for guidance. You may finds it very absurd and obsolete telling someone u want to marry a lady. But let me tell u, the pastor is just a third party whose duty is to guide. The Marriage committee are meant to put you through marital doctrine and germain issues in marriage once the two of you have been certified fit to marry each other.
I never regret ever getting married in Deeper Life and I wish you all the best.
na so una dey frustrate people upandan. no be so una talkam pastor k pikin go marry person wey wear see tru dress wed him wife. y una no suspend him
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 20, 2017
No its not ok,your pastor is there to guide your decision and support you in prayers not to make a decision for you. People have sadly mis interpreted this role . You first have to get the consent of the person you are getting married to ,like someone asked "is it your pastor you are getting married to?.

1 Like

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mikejj(m): 6:40am On Jul 20, 2017
well as for me i will nt let him know before dating a girl in my church,letting the girl parents know is more preferable,maybe wen you have started the relationship you can let your pastor know so he will join you in prayers.telling your pastor at first before meeting the girl is not a bad decision its your choice.
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Psoul(m): 6:52am On Jul 20, 2017
sammykess:
Nice One, I don't know if it's biblical, because they will tel you that you must follow biblical standards. It's like this, the pastor will confront the sister with a mask identify of the brother and see if God has reveal the name of the brother to the sister

Please you guy should stop all these. Which Biblical Standard.
Let me tell you the truth. Success in marriage does not depend on how much a Christian you are. It is solely dependent on ur compatibility, understanding, mutual love, endurance and able to forgive each other. These characteristics can be found in both born again Christians, Non-Born Agains, Moslems, Atheists, Traditionalists and any tribe. So once u fail in these characteristics, even if it is Pope with all the religious leaders confirmed ur marriage is bound to fail.

In as much as it is important to carry your religious leader along in your marriage, it should not be a rule that if you did not tell him or her first that there will be a punishment against you.

Let me still tell you why I beliv the above statement I made. In the Bible, God created Adam and wanted to make Adam happy by giving him Eve. When there was problem, Adam blamed God for giving/imposing Eve on him instead of letting him take total responsibility of taking who he want as partner.

After this, as we read in other chapters that follow, God then said; "He who finds a woman finds a good thing and obtains mercy from God"
You see from here that God has removed His hand from giving men wives. You should go out and find first,then God will come in to favour you. So your Pastor telling you that he wants to inquire if God has approved your marriage or not is out of place. Why do most marriages so "approved" by God do fail?

What I beliv u should do is, when you are ready to get married, u may need to inform ur Pastor so that he will be praying for you to make a wise choice and for God to direct ur feet aright.

Churches should stop colonizing their members spirits and mind.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 20, 2017
sammykess:
Dear Landers, is it morally right first to inform your pastor as regards your intention to marry a sister in the church before you approach the lady for marriage, am saying this because Most churches see it as offensive, I want sample opinion nairalanders
Did the pastor inform you before he married his wife?? Whatever happened to the girl's parent
It's a pity that you want to consult your pastor before proposing, what if you you tell him and he tells you his daughter is the right person for you?
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 20, 2017
sammykess:
Nice One, I don't know if it's biblical, because they will tel you that you must follow biblical standards. It's like this, the pastor will confront the sister with a mask identify of the brother and see if God has reveal the name of the brother to the sister

Na so
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 20, 2017
serenegroup:
sammyk sounds like a deeper life. well I was delayed unnecessarily because I told her first and she accepted. when I was asked in the committee of elders the reason for telling her first, I told them it's because I don't want to be rejected, cos I have seen many brothers close to me rejected by sis.
My brother, there is no page in the Bible that says you should go and meet your pastor and the church committee so he can propose to your girl for you. Why won't the girl reject the brothers, when they feel you are too chicken to profess your feelings. Don't get me wrong, I just feel that pastors are trying to play God nowadays. It's better if your parents go to propose for you than your pastor.... Believe me, my distant relation almost got doomed because of this act. The pastor said there is a lady God has for him in church, my relation being a loyal member of AG decided to heed to the pastors advice but when he brought the girl home every one rejected because she was way older than the Guy. The guy wasn't comfortable with the idea when the pastor told him at first but he wanted to please the pastor, putting his happiness in jeopardy. He got sense and had to tell the pastor he was going to marry who he choose and today, he is happily married.

1 Like

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 20, 2017
You have to inform the pastor first so that if the pastor is dating the girl you want to marry, the pastor can make some necessary adjustments.

Now, if the pastor has other girls and can sacrifice the girl to you, he will allow her to marry you.

If the pastor suspects you to be a stubborn person, he will stop the girl from marrying you and he will make it look as if the choice from the girl.
This is so, because you, as a stubborn person, will stop the girl from continuing dating the pastor after marriage.

Furthermore, if the pastor considers you as a weakling, he will give his full consent immediately with the believe that in a week, he will get 5 days se.x, you will get a day as the husband while the girl rest on the seventh day.

I have said it before and I'm saying it again, if you approach a lady with the intention of marriage, and she takes you to her pastor instead of her parents, my brother, kekwee nkwucha.
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by nayosman: 7:11am On Jul 20, 2017
Why must you tell a pastor, is that not stupidity? Suppose, the pastor secretly likes the girl, what would you do.
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by PrettyGaby(f): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2017
Don't worry. it's the pastor that you will marry, y'hear?
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by pweetiedee(m): 7:14am On Jul 20, 2017
ololadeking:
surprise us say something more resonable,fool of our time

and you think you are wise for saying what he said is foolish?

he is actually almost right...

I personally know two church girls that av been sampled by most of d guys in church....and I have heard about many. It happens. So be careful when marrying a "church girl".
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Prettyenit18(f): 7:14am On Jul 20, 2017
shocked
sammykess:
^^^^some churches go as far as suspending the person
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 20, 2017
Edkoliba:
Is OK to let your Pastor know,as your spiritual father and also depending on his spiritual level and understanding. Telling him is for him to pray with u and also for good counselling. If you are a True Christian especially a worker in the church. It's Important that he knows.
I can't tell my pastor because nowadays you don't know who is for God or not. If I was a man, I preferably pray and if I am convinced, I will go and propose to the girl then go and tell pastor that I have found a girl. So he can pray for us to confirm....... Not to help me propose!!! Baba, if I happen to be the girl, trust me, I won't be happy.

1 Like

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 20, 2017
ololadeking:
surprise us say something more resonable,fool of our time
In my entire existence on nairaland, I have not seen someone as f.oolish as Nwammaikpe....
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 20, 2017
GoodMuyis:
Yes, So that you wont be proposing to a married woman,

in case she did not tell you b4
So they don't break proposal ni?
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by bacilus(m): 7:21am On Jul 20, 2017
only if telling the pastor will guarantee true happiness and longevity of the marriage. mtchwwww.
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mapist(m): 7:26am On Jul 20, 2017
Benita27:
Is it the pastor you want to marry or the girl?.

Some peeps are just dumb, true..
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mapist(m): 7:29am On Jul 20, 2017
ExpensiveG:

Suspend ke

For wetin shockedshocked

Dem chop craze be dat. If na me dem suspend, na to waka go find another church or I go just kuku ma stay house worship my own God. Abi dey gum my legs for dey church..... shooo shockedshocked.

Madness inside religion..smh
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by peter0071(m): 7:31am On Jul 20, 2017
in my opinion, I dont think it's a bad idea...(not a must though). When i wanted to marry my girl, i told my friends, Told my parents and family, and told my pastor (who happens to my my good friend too)...and i got GUIDANCE in my approach to that marriage project. My pastor NEVER interfered in my plans...He gave me his FULL SUPPORT and even assisted me financially when the going got tough. LEts not act as ifour pastors are marriage destroyers. This is my humble opinion!

1 Like

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by juman(m): 7:33am On Jul 20, 2017
ochukwuma15:
You have to inform the pastor first so that if the pastor is dating the girl you want to marry, the pastor can make some necessary adjustments.

Now, if the pastor has other girls and can sacrifice the girl to you, he will allow her to marry you.

If the pastor suspects you to be a stubborn person, he will stop the girl from marrying you and he will make it look as if the choice from the girl.
This is so, because you, as a stubborn person, will stop the girl from continuing dating the pastor after marriage.

Furthermore, if the pastor considers you as a weakling, he will give his full consent immediately with the believe that in a week, he will get 5 days se.x, you will get a day as the husband while the girl rest on the seventh day.

I have said it before and I'm saying it again, if you approach a lady with the intention of marriage, and she takes you to her pastor instead of her parents, my brother, kekwee nkwucha.

grin grin grin

Pastors of nowadays that sleep with many female members of their worship shops.
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by SirGoldEjike(m): 7:33am On Jul 20, 2017
serenegroup:
sammyk sounds like a deeper life. well I was delayed unnecessarily because I told her first and she accepted. when I was asked in the committee of elders the reason for telling her first, I told them it's because I don't want to be rejected, cos I have seen many brothers close to me rejected by sis.
in my district here i know of not less than 5 Brothers and a sister that was rejected by their supposedly ''will of God'' and the embarrasment no be here oooo! Its true that we must submit to Authorities because they are ordained by God, but for this crucial matter i wont submit totally,

I rather inform the Sister 1st, get her consent whether positive or negative then Face the consequences!

#AmNotaSlavetoChurchDoctrines

3 Likes

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mapist(m): 7:36am On Jul 20, 2017
serenegroup:

Sorry to say, you seem gullible. You were delayed for wat? Are they God? Well, i honestly dont know what to type at this point but please bro, never let another man decide your life for you and more importantly, your relationship with Him.
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by bigdot1759(m): 7:37am On Jul 20, 2017
this is d most weaken part of human been instead of go straigth to Almighty God na ur pastor wey no know anything u go meet we've abandon Bible & God for our Pastor as a xtian & as a muslim we've abandon Allah & Al-Qur'an for our Imam
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by elmagnifico411(m): 7:38am On Jul 20, 2017
Benita27:
Is it the pastor you want to marry or the girl?.
wanted to ask the same question o
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mapist(m): 7:38am On Jul 20, 2017
tosyne2much:
All this "I need my Pastor's validation before I propose a woman" is bullcrap. And I see that only people with insecurity issues are usually fond of involving their pastors in things that can practically be solved with common sense

Some will even tell you according to their doctrine, your pastor is responsible for wooing a lady on your behalf. Soro niyen? undecided

Baba Adeboye said, shine your eyes when picking a wife and never let any pastor recommend a wife for you. He said the highest a pastor can do is to counsel you. Finish!!!

U have said it all.. oro oshi....i just weak for all these kind of posts sef, a swear embarassed

1 Like

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mapist(m): 7:40am On Jul 20, 2017
sammykess:
I want to know if it's biblical broo, Good one from Baba Adeboye

How ll it be biblical to seek your pastor's consent to marry? I tire for una o. What will you seek when you meet her parents?
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mapist(m): 7:43am On Jul 20, 2017
SlayQueenSlayer:
My girl is fond of bringing up her pastor's name when we discuss important issues. I made it clear to her that I am having non of that. I am not marrying her pastor's daughter so I won't see him. My business is with her family.

Tiri Gbosa + my bae for one week for you...pastor fire.
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mapist(m): 7:45am On Jul 20, 2017
Edkoliba:
Is OK to let your Pastor know,as your spiritual father and also depending on his spiritual level and understanding. Telling him is for him to pray with u and also for good counselling. If you are a True Christian especially a worker in the church. It's Important that he knows.

grin grin grin
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mapist(m): 7:46am On Jul 20, 2017
Threebear:

My sister, the things I read here. I tell you, religion have dislocated some people's brain.

Honestly, i say i don tire for the kind of things i read here. I go soon deactivate my akkant.
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mapist(m): 7:48am On Jul 20, 2017
KenModi:

I am Catholic and I dnt give two flying fvcks abt the opinion of my priest on the woman I intend spending the rest of my life with.

Abi na d fada/pastor wan marry d woman??

If my church refuse to join us in holy matrimony or even cause a delay in our schedule because I didnt inform them prior to wooing my lady, I go just go find any bible "believing" church around my area.

If those ones no gree to, I go simply pay my wife bride price, carry am enta house; after all na so our ancestors do am before oyibo people impose christianity on us.

No need to bother sef..do court wedding and traditional. God don recognise una b dat; witnesses go obviously dey too so, what's the big deal about church wedding? Cant even imagine my priest delaying my marriage assuming I'm to marry within my church.
Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by mapist(m): 7:49am On Jul 20, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
I see u have overdosed ursef with religion again as many Africans.. As u sleep tonight please think about ur life.. Read ur Bible very well.. Xtians now worship pastors even pay pastors to pray for them.. Where in the Bible did you read about this? God said believe in me and me alone but nowadays u lots worship and pray to men instead.. I know some opium overdosed ones will not agree but in the end wat is my bizness.. Ur doom ur life.. Livefree or diehard..

U bad abeg cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? by SirGoldEjike(m): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2017
sheunpompey1:
OP, Though nice question but I will suggest u follow your BELIEF. I worship with Deeper Life and I am married. The essence of informing your pastors or leaders is for guidance. You may finds it very absurd and obsolete telling someone u want to marry a lady. But let me tell u, the pastor is just a third party whose duty is to guide. The Marriage committee are meant to put you through marital doctrine and germain issues in marriage once the two of you have been certified fit to marry each other.
I never regret ever getting married in Deeper Life and I wish you all the best.
I also worship with Deeper Life, Bro inasmuch as their marriage Procedures are Good they are too religious and not spiritual, we call it ''holiness'' but the truth its dosnt dispict holiness,

Am a Youth and a Youth leader in my district, it would shock you to know that 90% of the youth in the church are not ok with the way and manner marriages are carried out in the church and this over the years have led to mass exodus of highly gifted youths from the church! Its more like a Bondage, Yes and i forsee more coming if the church dosnt look into it! I see inconsistency in these Rules and Regulations,

The idea of proposing to the sister after seeing the MC is become a stumbling block to many even leaders, since its not entirely Biblical when not adjust it for the sake of the Future of the church

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? / Daddy Freeze To MFM: Praying For Your Enemies To Die Is Anti-christ Doctrine / Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.