Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,781 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (4085 Views)

Rabiu Musa: Malami As Champion Of Nigeria’s Justice System / Omoyele Sowore And Dr. Rabiu Ahmed Rufai At Sokoto Rally. #thealternative (PICS) / Omoyele Sowore And Dr. Rabiu Ahmed Rufai Visit Nigerian Customs Service(PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
Quick Biography And Political History

Young Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso was born on 21 October 1956 in Kano State. He attained Loughborough University of Technology (1983 -1985) in United Kingdom where he got his master's degree in Water Engineering. Kwankwaso was an active student leader during his school days and was an elected official of the Kano State Students Association. Kwankwaso work as a principal engineer the Kano State Water Resources and Engineering Construction Agency (WRECA), for a period of 17 years

In 1992, Kwankwaso was elected as Right Honorable Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives under the Peoples Front faction of the SDP Led by General Shehu Yar'adua.

During the 1995 Constitutional Conference, Kwankwaso was elected as one of the delegates from Kano, as a member of the Peoples Democratic Movement led by Yar'adua. He joined the PDP in 1998 under the platform of Peoples Democratic Movement in Kano.

His Excellence Engr Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso contested the Pdp governorship primaries in 2003 defeating the current governor of Kano state Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje who he later made him his duputy. Kwankwaso won the governorship election in 2003 but lost reelection in 2007 to Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau.

Kwankwaso was subsequently appointed as the Minister of Defence by the then President Olusegun Obasanjo's in 2003. In 2007, he was appointed as the Presidential Special Envoy to Somalia and Darfur by the Obasanjo administration after losing the bid from his party to contest the 2007 general governorship election. He continued to use his influence at the Federal level to undermine his opponents especially the Kano State Government.

Kwankwaso was reelected for a second term as Kano state Governor on 26 April 2011 and sworn in on 29 May, 2011. In 2015, Kwankwaso contested the APC Presidential primaries but lost to Muhammadu Buhari. Distinguish Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso was elected as Senator representing Kano State Central Senatorial District Seat on 2 March 2015.

Meet The Man Who Transform Kano In To A Mini Dubai

Education And Health
Engr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso was the only Nigerian Governor to build two state Universities which are Kano State university of science and technology and Northwest University Kano.

Apart from the existing schools of nursing in Kano, Kwankwaso established additional four school of nursing across the state 1. School Of Post Basic Nursing Gezawa 2. School Of Nursing Danbatta 3.School Of Nursing Madobi aand also an informatics school and many more.

He declared a free education from primary school up to university for all Kano indigenes.

He offered scholarship to hundreds of kano citizens in both local universities here in Nigeria and abroad countries like China, Egypt, India etc to study piloting, Nursing, Engineering and Medicine among others.

Apart from declaring free education, student are being conveyed in luxury buses from their streets of abode to schools and transported back home after lesson hours.

Infrastructure

He handed over the Nigeria's largest bridge on land.

He build and modernize almost all roads around Kano metropolitan area.

Also he built two underpasses and a new University.

He built 3 new ultra modern cities namely Kwankwasiyya, Bandirawo, Amana cities.

He also built a hydroelectric power station in Tiga which is still under construction.

This is just few highlight-ion and not a comprehensive essay.

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
NEW CITIES BUILD BY KWANKWASO AND BUSES FOR CONVEYING STUDENTS.

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
Northwest University Kano

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by 1N9a: 11:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by azimibraun: 11:52pm On Jul 19, 2017
Mini Dubai? If I ws kwankwaso, I will ensure this op is locked up. But on the other hand, the Man is very qualified for the job. I may never vote for him, but I will not discredit a qualified person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by 0b10010011: 12:11am On Jul 20, 2017
grin grin grin grin

MOD should please move topic to the Comedy section!

grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:16am On Jul 20, 2017
Another Vegetable in the making.
Looks healthy now but as soon as he is sworn in his real deadly Jihadist tendency will sprout. That is if he ever win.

Trust our Men of God to pray down one terrible sickness on him. Send him to Saudi or London to face his creator one on one

4 Likes

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Flashh: 12:23am On Jul 20, 2017
Another freaking lame political propaganda.

11 Likes

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Kyase(m): 12:39am On Jul 20, 2017
Flashh:
Another freaking lame political propaganda.
mitcheew lame what? Who is more qualify?
KWANKWASO and apakbio 2019

come beat me i dey house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 20, 2017
Kyase:

Look at them, they just they spew trash and hatred, none of them made a point from the original post.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Flashh: 12:51am On Jul 20, 2017
Kyase:

You can just singlehandedly put them there. Na your hand power dey na. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Kyase(m): 12:54am On Jul 20, 2017
Flashh:

You can just singlehandedly put them there. Na your hand power dey na. grin
before unko, you think say 1 vote na small thing?

1 Like

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 20, 2017
azimibraun:
Mini Dubai? If I ws kwankwaso, I will ensure this op is locked up. But on the other hand, the Man is very qualified for the job. I may never vote for him, but I will not discredit a qualified person.

Reason why you won't vote 4 him?
Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by peteregwu(m): 1:00am On Jul 20, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
Another Vegetable in the making.
Looks healthy now but as soon as he is sworn in his real deadly Jihadist tendency will sprout. That is if he ever win.

Trust our Men of God to pray down one terrible sickness on him. Send him to Saudi or London to face his creator one on one

Guy abeg no kill me with laughter. Na true you talk, dem no no say, we get prayer warriors seated in heavenly places watching every moves of the so called cabals that wants to turn things around for evil. Na sickness and diseases we go pray down on them.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Blue3k(m): 1:09am On Jul 20, 2017
The guy seems to have nice track record. Anyway why did he only go for indigenous a third of resident for free education. It would only require a bit more tax money from everyone. I would need to know his stances on national issues mainly economy, devolution of federal power by adding items to concurrentl ist.

He also built a hydroelectric power station in Tiga which is still under construction.

He built 3 new ultra modern cities namely Kwankwasiyya, Bandirawo, Amana cities.

Yeah Kano has nice looking road network in city.

What makes these city Ultra Modern? What services and amenities do that others dont?

The power station sounds cool.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by limeta(f): 1:13am On Jul 20, 2017
Northerner, Muslim can never be my president ,never again.
Thank God for kanu .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by ismhab(m): 2:03am On Jul 20, 2017
MrHowto:
Northwest University Kano
Point of correction, this Yusuf maitama sule university.
Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 20, 2017
ismhab:

Point of correction, this Yusuf maitama sule university.

I know. The change is yet to be reflected.
Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by navada99: 2:08am On Jul 20, 2017
limeta:
Northerner, Muslim can never be my president ,never again.
Thank God for kanu .

Nne watin concern us with Nigerian President anymore, the can have one of their cattle as their president for all we care.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by tit(f): 3:18am On Jul 20, 2017
as buhari rush to meet oyo governor after riot between oyo and fulani,
na so kwankwaso rush to bail fulani killers in ife last year.
he has rushed around to supply fulani with arms and ammunition in taraba and delta.
(secret service is watching him. his convoy just deliver armaments in trouble area but dambazau and mallam daura is protecting him)

if you dont have sense put him in the assole rock

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 20, 2017
MrHowto:
Quick Biography And Political History

Young Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso was born on 21 October 1956 in Kano State. He attained Loughborough University of Technology (1983 -1985) in United Kingdom where he got his master's degree in Water Engineering. Kwankwaso was an active student leader during his school days and was an elected official of the Kano State Students Association. Kwankwaso work as a principal engineer the Kano State Water Resources and Engineering Construction Agency (WRECA), for a period of 17 years

In 1992, Kwankwaso was elected as Right Honorable Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives under the Peoples Front faction of the SDP Led by General Shehu Yar'adua.

During the 1995 Constitutional Conference, Kwankwaso was elected as one of the delegates from Kano, as a member of the Peoples Democratic Movement led by Yar'adua. He joined the PDP in 1998 under the platform of Peoples Democratic Movement in Kano.

His Excellence Engr Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso contested the Pdp governorship primaries in 2003 defeating the current governor of Kano state Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje who he later made him his duputy. Kwankwaso won the governorship election in 2003 but lost reelection in 2007 to Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau.

Kwankwaso was subsequently appointed as the Minister of Defence by the then President Olusegun Obasanjo's in 2003. In 2007, he was appointed as the Presidential Special Envoy to Somalia and Darfur by the Obasanjo administration after losing the bid from his party to contest the 2007 general governorship election. He continued to use his influence at the Federal level to undermine his opponents especially the Kano State Government.

Kwankwaso was reelected for a second term as Kano state Governor on 26 April 2011 and sworn in on 29 May, 2011. In 2015, Kwankwaso contested the APC Presidential primaries but lost to Muhammadu Buhari. Distinguish Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso was elected as Senator representing Kano State Central Senatorial District Seat on 2 March 2015.

Meet The Man Who Transform Kano In To A Mini Dubai

Education And Health
Engr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso was the only Nigerian Governor to build two state Universities which are Kano State university of science and technology and Northwest University Kano.

Apart from the existing schools of nursing in Kano, Kwankwaso established additional four school of nursing across the state 1. School Of Post Basic Nursing Gezawa 2. School Of Nursing Danbatta 3.School Of Nursing Madobi aand also an informatics school and many more.

He declared a free education from primary school up to university for all Kano indigenes.

He offered scholarship to hundreds of kano citizens in both local universities here in Nigeria and abroad countries like China, Egypt, India etc to study piloting, Nursing, Engineering and Medicine among others.

Apart from declaring free education, student are being conveyed in luxury buses from their streets of abode to schools and transported back home after lesson hours.

Infrastructure

He build and modernize almost all roads around Kano metropolitan area.

Also he built two underpasses and a new University.

This is just few highlight-ion and not a comprehensive essay.

Mini Dubai?

With about 5 million almajiris littering everywhere.

Ops, weldone

5 Likes

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Annie939(f): 3:44am On Jul 20, 2017
he's dreaming

1 Like

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Jengem: 4:33am On Jul 20, 2017
President of northern region u mean

If kwankwaso win presidential election in nigeria, i will renounce my citizenship

5 Likes

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by sublimes: 5:25am On Jul 20, 2017
A religious fanatic, an Islamic extremist.

5 Likes

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 20, 2017
Is it not obvious no sane reputable person to govern this country.. its either they are corrupt, tribalized, regionalized, or stooges to all of the above..

And you know the major problem, if we eventually get an almost right person, the crowd would be bought against him/her, the senate would be bought against him/her.. the masses would be bought against him/her.

We need someone who would look these old men in their faces and spit on them if they are against progress of the nation.. but are we united enough to support that one person?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by SmartchoiceNGR: 6:00am On Jul 20, 2017
sublimes:
A religious fanatic, an Islamic extremist.
Add supremacist to the list

2 Likes

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by SmartchoiceNGR: 6:01am On Jul 20, 2017
Esseite:
Is it not obvious no sane reputable person to govern this country.. its either they are corrupt, tribalized, regionalized, or stooges to all of the above..

And you know the major problem, if we eventually get an almost right person, the crowd would be bought against him/her, the senate would be bought against him/her.. the masses would be bought against him/her.

We need someone who would look these old men in their faces and spit on them if they are against progress of the nation.. but are we united enough to support that one person?
We need to break into regions asap. Let all regions control their own resources.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 20, 2017
the same old politicians and the vicious circle continues.... i will rather vote for a pig as my president than to vote for him.

1 Like

Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 20, 2017
Alas,the new "saviour" is just another old man.
Re: Meet The President Of Tomorrow His Excellence Engineer Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by Atiku2019: 7:12am On Jul 20, 2017
grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? / Obasanjo Reveals Lists Of Regions To Be Islamized And Fulanized / My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.