Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria (48202 Views)

Don’t Be Fooled: Senate Releases Names Of 42 Banned Malaria Drugs / Senate Releases Names Of Banned Anti-malaria Medicines / 42 Anti-malaria Drugs Banned In EU, But Still Sold In Nigeria Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by loadedvibes: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2017
Pharmacies
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by shorlla(m): 8:15am On Jul 20, 2017
Which ones are now approved.. since all these ones are banned.
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by itiswellandwell: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by annnikky(f): 8:16am On Jul 20, 2017
Pictures could've been more better to explain all these so that people can take note of them undecided

1 Like

Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 8:16am On Jul 20, 2017
Ayam not understanding jor. Just tell us those that are safe to take.
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by yankeedude(m): 8:17am On Jul 20, 2017
Correct
Ijaya123:

Na to begin take agbo remain be that.
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Ayolachris: 8:17am On Jul 20, 2017
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:17am On Jul 20, 2017
dammy13:
​The Nigerian Senate has listed about 42 anti-malaria drugs that have been banned in Europe but are still sold in hospitals and pharmacies in Nigeria.

The lawmakers raised the alarm that all the forty two anti-malaria drugs were still being stockpiled, sold and consumed in the country.

Hence, the Senate has mandated its Committee on Health (Secondary and Tertiary), led by Senator Olarewaju Tejuoso, to urgently carry out a holistic investigation into the matter and report back for further action.

Raising the motion earlier, Senator T.A Orji, Abia Central said, “The Senate notes that recently the European Union banned the sale and consumption of 42 Anti-Malaria Drugs in all countries within the European Union.

“It notes that the 42 Anti-Malaria Drugs are: Alaxin 60mg tablet (dihydroartémisinine)B/8; Alaxin oral suspension (dihydroartémisinine) FL/80ml; Amodiaquine 200mg compressed B/1000; Amodiaquine 200mg compressed B/1000; Arinate 100mg tablet (artésunate) B/6; Arinate 50mg tablet (artésunate) B/6; Arsumax 50mg tablet (artésunate) B/12; Artemax 60mg tablet (dihydroartémisinine) B/8; Artémédine 40mg capsule (artemether) B/12; Artémédine 50mg tablet (artemether) B/12; and Artenam 50mg tablet (artemether) B/14.

“Also on the list are Artenam 60mg tablet (artemether) B/8; Artésiane 300mg child powder oral suspension (artemether) FL/38g; Artésunate 100mg compressed B/120; Artésunate 50mg tablet B/120; Artexin 60mg tablet (dihydroartémisinine) B/8; Camoquin 200mg tablet (amodiaquine) B/9; Camoquin 200mg tablet (amodiaquine) B/25 blisters.”

Others include: Camoquin 200mg tablet (amodiaquine) B/55 blisters; Camoquin 200mg tablet (amodiquine) B/24; Camoquin 600 mg tablet (amodiaquine) B/3; Camoquin oral suspension 50mg/ 5ml (amodiaquine) FL/60ml; Cotecxin oral suspension (dihydroartémisinine) FL/80ml; Cotecxin 60mg tablet (dihydroartémisinine) B/8; Daraprim tablet (pyriméthamine) B/30; and Falcinil 50mg tablet (artésunate) B/12.

http://fabinfos.com/senate-releases-list-42-banned-anti-malaria-drugs-still-sold-consumed-nigerian/

Lalasticlala Ishilove Mynd44 Seun Dominique

the list above is 26, where are the rest that made it 42
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 20, 2017
Nafdac died with Prof Akunyili.
Wicked country and citizens

1 Like

Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Shieldjnr: 8:18am On Jul 20, 2017
Ok
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Ayolachris: 8:18am On Jul 20, 2017
It worked eventually...he was healed... I am confused here joor.
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by vitalisspecial: 8:20am On Jul 20, 2017
[b][/b]PLEASE, LET'S BE GUIDED AND SAFE LIFES.
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by muller101(m): 8:20am On Jul 20, 2017
Amodiaquine?I took that stuff last week. It almost killed me .
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by muller101(m): 8:20am On Jul 20, 2017
Ayolachris:
in February dis yr, d health centre clossest to me gave us artesunate syrup for my child. It worked eventually.... My boy was healed... I am confused here joor.
that drug almost killed me o.
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Kiakia(m): 8:21am On Jul 20, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
When did Senate turn to Nafdac?
Good question! Besides, the so called senate did not list the malaria drugs available for consumption in Nigeria.
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by diegwu01: 8:21am On Jul 20, 2017
The Ministry of Health or NAFDAC should be releasing this list Not the Senate,
Why Should Senator Kashamu or Theodore Orji be giving me a list of Drugs i shouldn't take?
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by project56: 8:22am On Jul 20, 2017
dammy13:
​The Nigerian Senate has listed about 42 anti-malaria drugs that have been banned in Europe but are still sold in hospitals and pharmacies in Nigeria.

The lawmakers raised the alarm that all the forty two anti-malaria drugs were still being stockpiled, sold and consumed in the country.

Hence, the Senate has mandated its Committee on Health (Secondary and Tertiary), led by Senator Olarewaju Tejuoso, to urgently carry out a holistic investigation into the matter and report back for further action.

Raising the motion earlier, Senator T.A Orji, Abia Central said, “The Senate notes that recently the European Union banned the sale and consumption of 42 Anti-Malaria Drugs in all countries within the European Union.

“It notes that the 42 Anti-Malaria Drugs are: Alaxin 60mg tablet (dihydroartémisinine)B/8; Alaxin oral suspension (dihydroartémisinine) FL/80ml; Amodiaquine 200mg compressed B/1000; Amodiaquine 200mg compressed B/1000; Arinate 100mg tablet (artésunate) B/6; Arinate 50mg tablet (artésunate) B/6; Arsumax 50mg tablet (artésunate) B/12; Artemax 60mg tablet (dihydroartémisinine) B/8; Artémédine 40mg capsule (artemether) B/12; Artémédine 50mg tablet (artemether) B/12; and Artenam 50mg tablet (artemether) B/14.

“Also on the list are Artenam 60mg tablet (artemether) B/8; Artésiane 300mg child powder oral suspension (artemether) FL/38g; Artésunate 100mg compressed B/120; Artésunate 50mg tablet B/120; Artexin 60mg tablet (dihydroartémisinine) B/8; Camoquin 200mg tablet (amodiaquine) B/9; Camoquin 200mg tablet (amodiaquine) B/25 blisters.”

Others include: Camoquin 200mg tablet (amodiaquine) B/55 blisters; Camoquin 200mg tablet (amodiquine) B/24; Camoquin 600 mg tablet (amodiaquine) B/3; Camoquin oral suspension 50mg/ 5ml (amodiaquine) FL/60ml; Cotecxin oral suspension (dihydroartémisinine) FL/80ml; Cotecxin 60mg tablet (dihydroartémisinine) B/8; Daraprim tablet (pyriméthamine) B/30; and Falcinil 50mg tablet (artésunate) B/12.

http://fabinfos.com/senate-releases-list-42-banned-anti-malaria-drugs-still-sold-consumed-nigerian/

Lalasticlala Ishilove Mynd44 Seun Dominique
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 8:23am On Jul 20, 2017
source??
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 20, 2017
artesunate is favorite antimalaria drug.
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Rapture4real(m): 8:28am On Jul 20, 2017
veekid:

Artesunate is everywhere now

Artesunate is a chemical composition contained in any ACT drug.The problem is not that but the brand or maker who has compromised the pharmacological standard of the drug.Put in another way,people calling Jesus in a church is not the issue but what is the foundation of d church.It is not every bread that is made of flour that is good.The problem is not the flour but the baker.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Bashnigga(m): 8:28am On Jul 20, 2017
They should've released a list the endorsed ones na so that we'll knw the drugs to be buying sad sad
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 20, 2017
this one follow??

Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Armstrong34(m): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2017
yankeedude:
Are these not all the malaria drugs in town? Which one go come remain?
.....my brother na Lumartem I dey use since o.....thank God it's wasn't on the list because am still on the dose

1 Like

Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Sunglass20(f): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2017
Give us reasons why you are banning them pls. This follow -follow copy-copy thing no carry weight. We need Trials and proofs why you are banning them. Oshe.
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Meritocracy: 8:31am On Jul 20, 2017
All the tablets are NAFDAC certified, you should take it up with them instead of senate floor
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by ikorodureporta: 8:33am On Jul 20, 2017
Chloroquine is nt there
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 8:36am On Jul 20, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Did I just see Artesunate there?

I took that shît last week Friday.

Be calm bros,you are safe.The reason for the ban by WHO is to prevent development of resistance,when used as monotherapy and not because it's harmful,artesunate injection is recommended for treatment of severe malaria by the same WHO. It's also used orally for treatment of uncomplicated malaria when combined with other antimalarial drugs with long half life in the form of ACT. PEACE

2 Likes

Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by MicroBox: 8:37am On Jul 20, 2017
Invite Ministry of health and NAFDAC then nominate some members of senate committee on health to work together to investigate and take proactive measure in stopping the said drugs...
Senate should stop acting like running a parallel Government with FG. .

But if you want to do your Ajayi work, take your time investigate the product names like Lonat, Amala etc and list them cause that is the language Nigerians will understand and personally deter from those drugs and not telling us clovergen2dimetrin, idiotmatrin syrup, rubbishcogen baby powder mtswww.

1 Like

Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by Slurity(m): 8:40am On Jul 20, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Did I just see Artesunate there?

I took that shît last week Friday.
Don't panic, its a specific brand of a particular gm mixtures that was ban. check the gm of the components if it tallies with what you used before you panic
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by wacoj(m): 8:45am On Jul 20, 2017
Is my doctor aware of this at all?
He recommended Artusunate for me not long ago!
Re: Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria by water4: 8:54am On Jul 20, 2017
stepo707:
How do they enter the country?

THE BIG QUESTION..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Shows Impressive Transformation 5 Months After Suffering Burns / 10 Effects Of Alcohol on The Body / What Helps You Sleep At Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.