Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here - Nairaland / General (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here (50466 Views)

Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / Share Your Frightening But Funny Stories / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Divay22(f): 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
Suspect33:
looking at the bolded, maybe am not an introvert after all, i dont give a sh1t about pple
You might be, this cruel world is turning us into something else.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by pinkpant: 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
Quick question... can an introvert decide not to marry or the ones already married thinking of leaving their spouses to be alone? Anyone here?
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Dshocker(m): 5:46am On Jul 23, 2017
Uniqueness01:
I don't keep friends, don't go to parties whether birthday or wedding sad even when I am among the bridal train or asoebi I don't attend receptions because I don't like staying out for long...my tailor will be vexing that all this your body and style I am making for you suppose bring more customers for me o I will belike I go try cheesy cheesy and people will think I am forming cool
And when I finally go out people will belike where this girl dey since.......

Now that I am working,after office my house straight cheesy

And you think its the best for a woman
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 23, 2017
MobileGees:
On average, 75 year old has spent 25 years asleep, 5 years eating and 10 Years of doing other miscellaneous things that a total of 40 years wasted either you like it or not.

Most introverts lie to themselves that they find solace in their loneliness which I know it's a big lie which is why most introvert easily gets depressed and are not able to Overcome their emotions, like I said this life is too short to "come and go" and die heart attack due to depression

The funniest parts is when to introverts fall in love with each other, they will just be looking at each other like zombies waiting for who would make the first move. They hardly get a girlfriend even if they do it doesn't last which makes most of them find solace in masturbation, the worst of it all is that most of the female ones will
never reach orgasm, one of the best gift of life.

Even job self them no fit get because most employers will prefer to employ an extroverted person to an introvert which limit their chance of getting a good job.

In a short note, an introverted attitude is a curse which only the brave are able to break free except for deliverance from a pastor grin

Cc: Cleopatra4
lamarrj
SPEEDEPITOME

lol, yhur clueless ain't yhu?,lemma enlighten yhu.

social events are generally draining to an introvert who is conscious of every little tiny data, which naturally the extroverted mind would naturally filter just don't give a Bleep about to actually notice .

from everyones fake body language, to the mood of the gathering, to who is who, analysis of the topic been discuss etc, an introverted mind is aware on a level, the extroverted mind can not access.

introverts ain't shy, or lack confidence, they require permission, they're modest,considerate, to sum it all self conscious. normally I could rather not talk to any chick, Buh if am truly interested the conversationalist comes out, an introvert is intelligent enough to figure out a conversation blind spot n strongest spot.
I naturally get people addicted to me, I have friends that have said told me

"guy when yhu turn yhur light on, nothing can stand you,yhur just irresistible".

here is the thing, its draining not because we introvert ain happy or something but because, our energy comes from internal stimulate not external, introvert literally live on the inside than outside.

so after shining my light, I need to go some where quite to recharge my battery.

depression is a thing of every being on earth as long as yhur human, every emotional uprise like excitement, joy ,happiness etc has a down swing bias depression. depression in itself is not bad, its how its handled.

the one thing a rich introverted mind knows how to how to handle effectively and is depression.

lemma paint yhu a scenario.
an introverted mind is intelligent enough to know there is no smoke without fire, so if they are depressed they go in to handle that depression, they face it head on, they are comfortable enought to indulge their down swing, till it passes.

an extroverted mind is like a bird, the smoke irrigates him/her, so instead of looking for the fire they fly away in pursue of excitement or a place without smoke, an extroverted mind is hardly capable of realizing the quote not to talk of bracing up to it, its a denial mechanism, its a short time psychological cure.

the joy and happiness of an extrovert depends on everything around him, the joy of an introvert depends on the stability of everything inside him, so introvert would generally spend more time inside, tidying and feeding their mind than out.

and extrovert would generally spend more time playing PS, tidying up his room to impress ,cause once yhu are impressed by an extrovert and extrovert is impressed of himself bias versal, feeling dope,going to parties, talking to people or girl that they probably ain't interested in, just to be the bubbly one and scared of seeing self "meaning everybody else seeing him/her as dull" that's an extroverted thing.

extrovert get a bad rap in this world cause, the population is predominantly dominated by extrovert 8-2,sometimes 9-1.

as a law, an introvert most come out into the external world for fresh air. research yhur marine biology "practically every aquatic animal comes to the surface for fresh air, at alternating periods" so also an introvert they most come out for air, when an introvert comes out only to find self out numbered and clearly different with the finger pointing and weird look humans naturally give, they begin to think something is wrong with them or their way of life is wrong, cause let's face everybody else is thinking it.

it takes a mentally rich introvert to see self as original and in real light.

and nigga by the way the human brain is constantly active, there is literally no such thing as loneliness on the inside.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 23, 2017
abeg biko fellow introverts, yhu have an actively outgoing self don't deceive yhur self take a look at what yhu care about, yhur interest, yhu can go on for hours talking about novels,music,books practically anyone yhu care about, the trick is looking for the right audience that share that interest, yhu don't go to a bar expecting to talk about chemistry or some Novel yhu read, yhu go to a book reading group or something.

-yhu don't go to a party expecting to talk about an art piece, yhu go to a gallery or art sell.

the key to both introvert and extrovert is interest, find the right audience with the right interest.

most of my friends are one or another techy, into music or vivid dreams, like nigga on a mission to accomplish the impossible, and they're extroverted.

they wanna write a proposal am the guy to talk too.

they wanna host a show, want a particular artist, I know how to get their managers contact, "I don't go to shows myself or party Buh I love music, everything is pure analysis to me, do this do that".

I don't spend much time time talking about girls, only do that when nature calls " wink" or it concerns the said listening ears.

I spend most of my time reading or coding, and sometimes I don't want to fully concentrated on what am doing, I go to my chatty friend place, get him talking while I code, feeding him just enough to get em talking. sometimes I tell them I just need them to keep talking.

they can afford to play around, and forget the fact that they don't have money for the said dream, while I figure out ways to get em, at least work towards that dream.

I can afford to keep a serious face cause I have a chatty Gemini extroverted freak as a business partner and friend. though sometimes I just I just want to slap him,Buh that's the beauty of it, we are codependent even though its not obvious.

the key is the interest and looking for where yhur interest and skills are applicable, seeing introverted social life as a disadvantage I'd not kool, what about the extroverts that are hardly capable of deep thought and intelligent conversation.

duo extrovert think well on the short term and lie a lot, we introvert well on the long term, and prone to honesty.

my said friend once lied to cops that he was a practising laser from Abu zaria, it was night luckily the cops were this local quacks so they believed him,without asking for I'd, this guy is just 18yrs old,
that lie is a short term lie, if I lie for yhu hmm, even when yhu research it, yhud find am telling the truth Buh am still lying, long term lie introverted thing.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by JhyMedex: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2017
hinky:

Same with the guys... And also there is a difference between a timid person and an introvert
Tanx so. much 4 pointing dt out ... Am President of 3 different organizations.. n an official in like 2 odas..
Bt once am done wit dese tins.. I luv me ma alone time.. Use em to think, read n wat not..grin.. BTW if u seee outside U'll Neva knw am an introvert except I tell u..grin..

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by JhyMedex: 11:56am On Jul 23, 2017
wins18:
Being an introvert comes with some down sides, as an introvert I have my own challenges or should I call it excesses lol.
I miss my chances on getting that pretty crush of mine, I fear rejection and I am yet to device a means of handling such when it occurs, even though when the green light is at its peak.
Another one is that I find it hard to maintain closer relationship with people, they complain I don't call them, truth is I prefer texting instead.
Share yours too lets know ourselves better.

Tin is 4 me I dnt see being am introvert as a challenge... It's just d way I feel I can gets best out of my self.. My default state is INTROVERSION.. I however Can modify masef to b watevayd situatyat hand demands.. I believe in being Wateva u av to be to get d best outcome out of any situation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Cleopatra4(f): 3:14pm On Jul 23, 2017
chalantmike:

lol, yhur clueless ain't yhu?,lemma enlighten yhu.

social events are generally draining to an introvert who is conscious of every little tiny data, which naturally the extroverted mind would naturally filter just don't give a Bleep about to actually notice .

from everyones fake body language, to the mood of the gathering, to who is who, analysis of the topic been discuss etc, an introverted mind is aware on a level, the extroverted mind can not access.

introverts ain't shy, or lack confidence, they require permission, they're modest,considerate, to sum it all self conscious. normally I could rather not talk to any chick, Buh if am truly interested the conversationalist comes out, an introvert is intelligent enough to figure out a conversation blind spot n strongest spot.
I naturally get people addicted to me, I have friends that have said told me

"guy when yhu turn yhur light on, nothing can stand you,yhur just irresistible".

here is the thing, its draining not because we introvert ain happy or something but because, our energy comes from internal stimulate not external, introvert literally live on the inside than outside.

so after shining my light, I need to go some where quite to recharge my battery.

depression is a thing of every being on earth as long as yhur human, every emotional uprise like excitement, joy ,happiness etc has a down swing bias depression. depression in itself is not bad, its how its handled.

the one thing a rich introverted mind knows how to how to handle effectively and is depression.

lemma paint yhu a scenario.
an introverted mind is intelligent enough to know there is no smoke without fire, so if they are depressed they go in to handle that depression, they face it head on, they are comfortable enought to indulge their down swing, till it passes.

an extroverted mind is like a bird, the smoke irrigates him/her, so instead of looking for the fire they fly away in pursue of excitement or a place without smoke, an extroverted mind is hardly capable of realizing the quote not to talk of bracing up to it, its a denial mechanism, its a short time psychological cure.

the joy and happiness of an extrovert depends on everything around him, the joy of an introvert depends on the stability of everything inside him, so introvert would generally spend more time inside, tidying and feeding their mind than out.

and extrovert would generally spend more time playing PS, tidying up his room to impress ,cause once yhu are impressed by an extrovert and extrovert is impressed of himself bias versal, feeling dope,going to parties, talking to people or girl that they probably ain't interested in, just to be the bubbly one and scared of seeing self "meaning everybody else seeing him/her as dull" that's an extroverted thing.

extrovert get a bad rap in this world cause, the population is predominantly dominated by extrovert 8-2,sometimes 9-1.

as a law, an introvert most come out into the external world for fresh air. research yhur marine biology "practically every aquatic animal comes to the surface for fresh air, at alternating periods" so also an introvert they most come out for air, when an introvert comes out only to find self out numbered and clearly different with the finger pointing and weird look humans naturally give, they begin to think something is wrong with them or their way of life is wrong, cause let's face everybody else is thinking it.

it takes a mentally rich introvert to see self as original and in real light.

and nigga by the way the human brain is constantly active, there is literally no such thing as loneliness on the inside.
Mehnn.....
Nice one..
Couldn't reply his mention was thinking of what to write wink
U just came to my rescue grin
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
cn
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by justice2017: 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2017
Fellow Introverts,

It has been nice reading about our experiences. I can relate with most of the things shared. I am equally an introvert, i can boldly say it has both the good and the bad sides. There is nothing wrong with your personality as an introvert. I have over the years tried to work on myself, it does not mean i am no longer an introvert. I still spend most of my free time indoors, i avoid crowded places and i find it cool being alone.

However, i realized i usually miss out of opportunities as people dont know i have certain talents and abilities. I have come to accept that there is a difference between being timid and being an introvert. So i started making conscious efforts to work on my timidity and over time i could stand any where to express my opinions. It was not easy initially but i was determined to break free of the fear. I started by being open when i'm in my comfort zone, i will volunteer to work on projects/programs i would normally turn down if selected.

Over the years i have been able to add value to people i come in contact with and this gives me a lot of satisfaction

I have come to appreciate my person as an introvert and i no longer feel being bad or moody.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2017
iPurge:

ok. so Wich one are u? do u prefer to be in d midst of pple or u get ur energy while alone
Staying in the midst of people for SOCIAL RELATIONS drains the life out of me. I'm at my best when I'm alone.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
I see most of you writing that being an introvert makes it hard for you to speak in public. Well I don't really agree, cause I know extroverts who also find it hard speak in public. Personally, I'm an introvert who doesn't have a problem with speaking in public. It all boils down to self-confidence wink

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by judgedredd22(m): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
Uniqueness01:
I don't keep friends, don't go to parties whether birthday or wedding sad even when I am among the bridal train or asoebi I don't attend receptions because I don't like staying out for long...my tailor will be vexing that all this your body and style I am making for you suppose bring more customers for me o I will belike I go try cheesy cheesy and people will think I am forming cool
And when I finally go out people will belike where this girl dey since.......

Now that I am working,after office my house straight cheesy

you are the highest 1000 yards wife material o! grin grin grin grin grin come and collect ring sharperly!
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by judgedredd22(m): 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
Jigba:
I see most of you writing that being an introvert makes it hard for you to speak in public. Well I don't really agree, cause I know extroverts who also find it hard speak in public. Personally, I'm an introvert who doesn't have a problem with speaking in public. It all boils down to self-confidence wink

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by jojothaiv(m): 12:40am On Jul 25, 2017
Nofuckgiven:
A baby daddy? Congrats.
Nah, It's Personal Though...

Thanks...
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by jojothaiv(m): 12:41am On Jul 25, 2017
walexzee11:
Not so good, break out of your shell bro. For how long would you be timid and can't approach a lady @ 27yo!
Still Working On It Bro!
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by thesuave10(m): 12:42am On Jul 25, 2017
JhyMedex:

Tanx so. much 4 pointing dt out ...
Am President of 3 different organizations.. n an official in like 2 odas..

Bt once am done wit dese tins.. I luv me ma alone time..
Use em to think, read n wat not..grin..
BTW if u seee outside U'll Neva knw am an introvert except I tell u..grin..

My man you're not an introvert. You're more of an ambivert. The fact that you want to be alone after all the work doesn't make you an introvert. You're more of a sanguine phlegmatic or a melancholic phlegmatic
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by wins18(m): 9:27am On Jul 25, 2017
lelvin:
You guys got me smiling at my phone like a mumu. It's not easy being an introvert, some times I wake up and I don't want to talk to anyone. And they will be like, 'what's wrong with you'.
You all know how it is in our head! We can love ehn! But when we hate, even the devil sits to learn. #1L
Hahahaha you've got me with that line, how I wish I can learn to forgive and overlook somethings...but no way, reason I don't go looking for trouble is that I don't forget easily, and I don't forgive either.
If you offend me, our relationship takes a new shape, never will I relate with you like before, the love/kindness/pity whatever I have for you before vanishes into the thin air instantly. I don't talk anyhow to people and I wouldn't want anyone to talk anyhow to me, reason I speak less and avoid mistakes at all cost.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by wins18(m): 9:59am On Jul 25, 2017
Heterodox:
On the contrary, the contrary is the case. People find it hard to keep you as friends. You know what, no matter how one day, someone will appreciate you for being you. If Introverts are complaining, what do schizoid like us do?
I was looking for your like in this post bro, lol, its a long story sha. you are not alone, we have countless number of people going through that in Nigeria, its another hell on earth, I am a survivor and it has opened my eyes physically and spiritually about the world we live in. That shi is not for the faint hearted, if you are not mentally strong, you endup killing yourself to ease the pain,lol.
Wish more victims will openup,so that other will know they are not alone, and perhaps find solace, but they fear for the unknown, all I know is that it doesn't hit ordinary individuals like that, it goes for the geniuses only, some special kind of breed.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nofuckgiven: 10:34am On Jul 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

Nah, It's Personal Though...

Thanks...
Suit yourself

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by wins18(m): 10:35am On Jul 25, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

You have a disorder. I advise you seek help while you can.
You might not see it that way if you had had an encounter with schizo, good advice though, hope my friends will be free someday just like others who made it.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Heterodox(m): 11:52am On Jul 25, 2017
wins18:

I was looking for your like in this post bro, lol, its a long story sha. you are not alone, we have countless number of people going through that in Nigeria, its another hell on earth, I am a survivor and it has opened my eyes physically and spiritually about the world we live in. That shi is not for the faint hearted, if you are not mentally strong, you endup killing yourself to ease the pain,lol.
Wish more victims will openup,so that other will know they are not alone, and perhaps find solace, but they fear for the unknown, all I know is that it doesn't hit ordinary individuals like that, it goes for the geniuses only, some special kind of breed.
I think that's right. Schizoids are special and have this unusual high IQ. We are just wired in
a certain way no one understands except our kind alone. Most times when I look at the world I see things people won't see. When I give spirituality a view I see a technology beyond our understanding and not our reasoning. When I think about humanity, my hearts breaks down. By default I understand virtually every personality on earth, even the complex female gender but then, though I know these things I will rather keep quiet not because I am shy or whatever because my views are in another dimension. I don't get angry neither do i get offended. What I enjoy doing most however is critical thinking, and soon I will be sharing the knowledge I have acquired with the world through writing and music. But one thing I note is everyone around me love my lifestyle. Because if I don't tell you what I am, you can
never guess it out. Never.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Heterodox(m): 11:54am On Jul 25, 2017
pinkpant:
Quick question... can an introvert decide not to marry or the ones already married thinking of leaving their spouses to be alone? Anyone here?
Only Schizoids can do that. No other personality posses the emotional ability to stomach the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by oluwalewis(m): 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
sunshineG:
grin bro why my number now?
I think you should get a chicks number jare
Only a chick can tell you how to get a chick

Don't you think wink

Who knows maybe he is a gay. grin grin grin
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by oluwalewis(m): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
pterson:
We're on the same wavelength bro. Someone noticed and confronted me sef so I had so spill the beans as to why I didn't come. The told me I missed so much but it can't beat the peace I would get being alone...

Are we really that worse,
at my working place, they say i look gentle judging by my face and my attitude but i am far from it once with my clique.
My project administrator recently said someone that sees me would think I am shy but i am far from it and the truth is I am a complete introvert but falls under the second category of introverts, to round things up< i am adventurous and never scared of anythn thanks to been an arien so people call me a green snake under a green grass, some even say I am too extravertish but the truth is though I am not an outdoor type, I am not scared of attending parties and events as i blend easily into them
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by oluwalewis(m): 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2017
tobbie247:

well...If we have something in common. say, she's reading a book I like or I had seen her somewhere before.

but on a random, I don't think I'd do that.
I can easily approach a lady that is not on motion.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by pterson(m): 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
oluwalewis:

Are we really that worse,
at my working place, they say i look gentle judging by my face and my attitude but i am far from it once with my clique.
My project administrator recently said someone that sees me would think I am shy but i am far from it and the truth is I am a complete introvert but falls under the second category of introverts, to round things up< i am adventurous and never scared of anythn thanks to been an arien so people call me a green snake under a green grass, some even say I am too extravertish but the truth is though I am not an outdoor type, I am not scared of attending parties and events as i blend easily into them
lol, Mr snake. It only gets better I think
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by oluwalewis(m): 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
MobileGees:
On average, 75 year old has spent 25 years asleep, 5 years eating and 10 Years of doing other miscellaneous things that a total of 40 years wasted either you like it or not.

Most introverts lie to themselves that they find solace in their loneliness which I know it's a big lie which is why most introvert easily gets depressed and are not able to Overcome their emotions, like I said this life is too short to "come and go" and die heart attack due to depression

The funniest parts is when to introverts fall in love with each other, they will just be looking at each other like zombies waiting for who would make the first move. They hardly get a girlfriend even if they do it doesn't last which makes most of them find solace in masturbation, the worst of it all is that most of the female ones will
never reach orgasm, one of the best gift of life.

Even job self them no fit get because most employers will prefer to employ an extroverted person to an introvert which limit their chance of getting a good job.

In a short note, an introverted attitude is a curse which only the brave are able to break free except for deliverance from a pastor grin

Cc: Cleopatra4
lamarrj
SPEEDEPITOME

The reason I am happy that I'm an introvert is because extroverts basically suffer from intellectual myopia cos they talk too much and think less, besides introverts are more intelligent and animated than extroverts.
Young man,do your research before you comment on an issue like this.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by oluwalewis(m): 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
tobbie247:

so Java is double dating?

so Java is double dating? angry I can't believe she's cheating on me. after so many hours of intimacy. cheesy

You guys are really missing, I am a full introvert, though, I exhibit some of your traits but attracting and getting females aint a big deal to me cos I have outgrown it and I am a fun to be with even in my moody periods

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by oluwalewis(m): 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
pterson:
lol, Mr snake. It only gets better I think

I think a lot even when I am communicating with someone but that doesnt mean you shouldnt have fun, you just need to outgrow it
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by pterson(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
oluwalewis:

I think a lot even when I am communicating with someone but that doesnt mean you shouldnt have fun, you just need to outgrow it
I'm trying but the way I am help me think ahead of others and I kinda like it.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Celsony: 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2017
Celsony:

No wonder we all wanted a quite wedding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Pick Your Sleeping Pattern, Mine Number 4 / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Public? / The Top Fastest Things Around The World(2015).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.