Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here (50484 Views)

Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / Share Your Frightening But Funny Stories / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by tobbie247(m): 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
sunshineG:
grin How bro "was" ? Are you dating now ? smiley
yeah...I'm dating my laptop. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
meelorlah:
I don't like going out, I don't like crowded and noisy areas so I detest parties. I don't know how to keep up with people so I hardly keep friends. I get emotional easily and I can be very teary. I don't like picking calls too, I'd rather send messages. I trust people easily. I hardly ask for things.

I'm getting over some of them though, especially the trust part.

Wow! I can relate with most of this. cheesy wink I'm allergic to parties even if I'm forced to attend, I will just sit at a corner observing everyone yet, hiding my eyes from meeting someone else's own. I don't know how to keep friends, maximum of 3 months, I would be bored and tired, that their calls won't even move me. I don't miss people. Highly emotional and I trust people even at first sight.

10 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
pterson:
Being introverted is cool but the only downside is that people would take you as Anti-social and crap. I once did a mad thing, I paid for a picnic and decided not to go. Instead I travelled somewhere else just to avoid the crowd. so mad...

This particular last part happened to me yesterday. Rummie was to collect an award in a dinner party. After paying for the award, he got broke and I paid for the tickets and drinks , only for me to decided not to attend again. They tot it was a joke until I took a stroll till they left for the party. Many attimes, I used to fee like hitting the cinema or parties but the fear of the crowd do turns me off and if I manage to attend, I will just miss my steps on entering with the tot that everyone looking at me.

Chai embarassed embarassed

15 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
tobbie247:

yeah...I'm dating my laptop. cheesy
grin bro go out and find a girl jhoor

Take your time though, if you are new to the game
Don't rush cause some girls can spot a rookie from a distance grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
drunkpunk:
This is just so ....... It's called social media for a reason.
Social media... Socializing in d internet
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
..... Double post....
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by tobbie247(m): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
sunshineG:
grin bro go out and find a girl jhoor

Take your time though, if you are new to the game
Don't rush cause some girls can spot a rookie from a distance grin grin

I'm naturally too seriously with everything I do. how far? send me your number let's talk. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
tobbie247:

I'm naturally too seriously with everything I do. how far? send me your number let's talk. cheesy
grin bro why my number now?
I think you should get a chicks number jare
Only a chick can tell you how to get a chick

Don't you think wink

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by tobbie247(m): 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
Neyoor:

This particular last part happened to me yesterday. Rummie was to collect an award in a dinner party. After paying for the award, he got broke and I paid for the tickets and drinks , only for me to decided not to attend again. They tot it was a joke until I took a stroll till they left for the party. Many attimes, I used to fee like hitting the cinema or parties but the fear of the crowd do turns me off and if I manage to attend, I will just miss my steps on entering with the tot that everyone looking at me.

see my people oh! cheesy
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by pryme(m): 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
wins18:

Learn how to control that bro, its dangerous, speaking from experience.
I became a free man the moment I disovered that the problem we have is just our 'thought' and learning how to live a life of no worries, giving Zero f u c k to the world,lol.

At some point in life, you will realize why you give a fvck in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by pterson(m): 8:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
Neyoor:

We're on the same wavelength bro. Someone noticed and confronted me sef so I had so spill the beans as to why I didn't come. The told me I missed so much but it can't beat the peace I would get being alone...

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
tobbie247:

see my people oh! cheesy

You nkor.. tongue Can u approach a lady in public. Me I will just turn to a stutterer embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by kuchikau1: 8:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
I dnt date gals dat Menstruates. Gals wey blood dey comot frm deir toto every 28days. Spits
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by tobbie247(m): 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
sunshineG:
grin bro why my number now? I think you should get a chicks number jare Only a chick can tell you how to get a chick
Don't you think wink
haba now...I wasn't asking your number for that. cheesy just for normal talks.
I have my laptop already... thank you. tongue
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Ghosttt(m): 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
I can't imagine myself being an introvert. The tot of it makes me embarassed
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
My boyfriend/husband must be an extrovert. I Can't continue living in a shell. I need to explore the world and see it in all dimensions and perspectives. Introverts tend to view the world from only one point of view- loud, scary, discomforting and unnerving when in actual fact there's more to it. There's the good, exciting, dynamic and interesting part of it. I want to see life and people this way.
Although I can't help but just think of how amazing it would be if I end up with someone that's just like me. Where we don't need to have conversations, there'd be comfort in our silences, we'd spend long hours indoors doing introvert things. where we could spend long hours together without saying a word but understanding each other's thought perfectly well, where we'd decline every invitation to attend whatever event because we'd rather stay home and read a good book or just enjoy the comfort of being secluded . Where we'd not really have any friends because we are more than enough company for each other. Who else can relate?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
tobbie247:

haba now...I wasn't asking your number for that. cheesy
just for normal talks.

I have my laptop already... thank you. tongue
grin grin
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by tobbie247(m): 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
Neyoor:

You nkor.. tongue Can u approach a lady in public. Me I will just turn to a stutterer embarassed embarassed

well...If we have something in common. say, she's reading a book I like or I had seen her somewhere before.

but on a random, I don't think I'd do that.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
Inanna:
My boyfriend/husband must be an extrovert. I Can't continue living in a shell. I need to explore the world and see it in all dimensions and perspectives. Introverts tend to view the world from only one point of view- loud, scary, discomforting and unnerving when in actual fact there's more to it. There's the good, exciting, dynamic and interesting part of it. I want to see life and people this way.
Although I can't help but just think of how amazing it would be if I end up with someone that's just like me. Where we don't need to have conversations, there'd be comfort in our silences, we'd spend long hours indoors doing introvert things. where we could spend long hours together without saying a word but understanding each other's thought perfectly well, where we'd decline every invitation to attend whatever event because we'd rather stay home and read a good book or just enjoy the comfort of being secluded . Where we'd not really have any friends because we are more than enough company for each other. Who else can relate?
are you an introvert ?
I can't believe it ?
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by tobbie247(m): 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
Inanna:

me...

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by ORIJIN201(m): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
Being an introvert unfortunately, never make friends except we have something in common or have thesame area of interest like being in thesame department in school or we are fans of the same soccer team.
I used to be afraid of rejection, but after being rejected by 2 girls, now I can handle it.
To be honest this world and it's people can be very unforgiving.
To be able to suppress my true nature I chose to be humorous when am in school although I have a good sense of humor, I want pple around me to have a good laugh and enjoy their selves when am around. But I don't get close enough for you to know me, I only let you know what I want you to know. Where am living its more than a year now I don't have any friends. So its a diff. Scenario when am home just me and my self in my playing game on my laptop or doing something else or am here on nairaland.
I have just been rejected by a girl I really like a lot, been trying a lot to let her see I have good intentions. Was talking to her today in the middle of a convo she just told me to keep quiet tried to say a word again she told me to keep shut lol, didn't say anything till I left (we were walking together in a pack) it was quite embarrassing. Didn't say anything to her she felt guilty and kept looking at me all through till I left. Because I told her my feelings she just misbehaves and feels she is entitled to do anything she likes, but guess what I will leave it to her, there are other girls out there.

14 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
tobbie247:

well...If we have something in common. say, she's reading a book I like or I had seen her somewhere before.

but on a random, I don't think I'd do that.

Hmmmmn. You still try but yet u r not man enough tongue tongue
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2017
Don't be deceived by my abrasive attitude here. It's just a facade. I'm actually ridiculously reserved and anti-everybody. Lol.

sunshineG:
are you an introvert ?
I can't believe it ?
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by tobbie247(m): 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
Neyoor:

Hmmmmn. You still try but yet u r not man enough tongue tongue

thank you. cheesy I don't need to know all the ladies in the world cheesy
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by wins18(m): 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
meelorlah:
I don't like going out, I don't like crowded and noisy areas so I detest parties. I don't know how to keep up with people so I hardly keep friends. I get emotional easily and I can be very teary. I don't like picking calls too, I'd rather send messages. I trust people easily. I hardly ask for things.

I'm getting over some of them though, especially the trust part.
lol, funny enough we all have same issues, work on it, try to force yourself out of your shell until it becomes part of you, countless opportunities has been missed because of this lifestyle of ours, The light in you is not meant to be kept under the roof, or at your bed of comfort. Shine your light for all to see, never allow anyone to dull your sparkle, we are all destined to be great in life but all this pose as limitations on our way, so I urge everyone to comeout, shine your light, explore the world, conquer more territories and broaden your horizon!
#peace

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
Inanna:
Don't be deceived by my abrasive attitude here. It's just a facade. I'm actually ridiculously reserved and anti-everybody. Lol.

I am so surprised oo, I almost can't believe you
But why do you throw all those insults?
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
wins18:
lol, funny enough we all have same issues, work on it, try to force yourself out of your shell until it becomes part of you, countless opportunities has been missed because of this lifestyle of ours, The light in you is not meant to be kept under the roof, or at your bed of comfort. Shine your light for all to see, never allow anyone to dull your sparkle, we are all destined to be great in life but all this pose as limitations on our way, so I urge everyone to comeout, shine your light, explore the world, conquer more territories and broaden your horizon!
#peace

It is easier said than done. Just think about the comfortability and peace of mind that would be hindered if one struggled to move out of the shell. How about the impression that is synonymous to low self esteem, like a situation where u will be cornered in a dilemma that what if" they don't like me, they don't appreciate it or it doesn't go well with them.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by meelorlah(f): 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2017
tobbie247:

is there a way out?
are we stuck forever?
will the world ever understand us?
[left][/left] hmmm, you're sounding like you're not really pleased with who you really are....they could be rheorics though
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
Just because I'm an introvert doesn't mean I can't be foul-mouthed. Plus like I told you before, I get irritated by bullshit easily.
sunshineG:
I am so surprised oo, I almost can't believe you
But why do you throw all those insults?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by wins18(m): 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
Neyoor:

It is easier said than done. Just think about the comfortability and peace of mind that would be hindered if one struggled to move out of the shell. How about the impression that is synonymous to low self esteem, like a situation where u will be cornered in a dilemma that what if" they don't like me, they don't appreciate it or it doesn't go well with them.
Yea, I once harboured those thoughts too, but who cares wether they like you or not bro, truth is that everybody is not gonna like you no matter how good you are, just don't bother at all. Know your right and never give in to intimidation, mantain your stance and fight for your right.
You have every right to be happy and enjoy the world you are in, so the only person who has that key, and that can quarantee it is you!
#HAKUNA MATATA

6 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by dstringer: 9:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
I dn get it.when u all say u don't like to attend party.I'm an introvert and I love to attend parties.a moment I could be so quiet and d next I'd be disturbing d neighbours from our closet continent wit my noise. I once had a situation where I sat close a group of people at an event without talking.but when I started my own d girl close to me was like.I thought u don't know how to talk.after d event she was like i want to knw u Nd ur place kind of stuff.Nd she follewed me home even though I stylishly insisted she shouldn't .d tin we had didn't last long though I get bored easily Nd tend to walk away to a fresh challenge.
PS.dnt be decurved introverts are not boring they are d funniest people to be with but sadly the choose wu they want to be with from my own experience dnt change who u are BT try to be a better version of who u are

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by tobbie247(m): 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
meelorlah:
[left][/left] hmmm, you're sounding like you're not really pleased with who you really are....they could be rheorics though

it's not that I'm not pleased with who I am. I am perfectly normal. I just ask funny questions sometimes. I asked those because it's quite hard being an introvert in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Pick Your Sleeping Pattern, Mine Number 4 / Over 2 And 2.5 / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.