Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice (29978 Views)

Which Course(s) Can A Student Apply For With This WAEC Result? / Please I Need Suggested Topics For Biochemistry Seminar Presentation / Please Is This Waec Result Good Enough To Study Business Admin In Lasu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by donefezy: 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
Your physics is what spoilt the results.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
No be chemist wey dey sell drugs?

This qualification is too much
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by BlueRayDick: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
This is poor. I advise you enrol for this Nov/Dec GCE and make ur papers. Aside this, u should really work on your physics and try to get the basics cos you will continue from where you stopped at d SSCE when u gain admission.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by jamislaw(m): 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
@ Op what happened? Physics is the easiest science core subject to pass.
A.B.U will not admit you with that result.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by salt1: 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
OceanmorganTrix:
all d MATHEMATICS in 2017 WAEC i've seen so far r all B3

I'm surprised at the pass rate in Mathematics this year.
Even my niece who was almost failing Maths in her school exams scored B3 in WAEC.
I've seen E8 though
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by tasieije: 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
Chidizman:
I'm curious. How did you pass mathematics so well, but failed Physics? I don't think that result can get you an admission in any of the aforementioned institutions. Write Neco and balance the odds.
my dear ask her o
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Freeman59: 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
How compulsory?

Uncle, to gain admission to study any science course, you need five credit passes including mathematics and English language, physics and chemistry.

Stop asking like you don't already know.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by judey1992(m): 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
Iloveafrica:
Good morning sir/ma
please, I fractured my wrist and a cast was placed on it since 6 weeks ago.
my concern now is that, I heard a lot of people saying "An arm cast becomes itchy whenever it's healing" but in my own case, for the past 6 weeks that the arm cast has been there, I've never felt any itches on the wrist.

What could be the cause?
last time i checked, NAIRALAND wasnt a hospital. go meet your doctor
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Temptee101(m): 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
Slurity:
As a science students, No admission for you at all say less biochemistry. F9 in Physics is a bad market
Chai .... English has really suffered in your hands. Look at the gibberish you put up there yet you claim to be educated and at the same offering advice to someone. smh
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by keenn: 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
for any science course, it is essential you have your basic science at credit level (c6 And above)

physics
chemistry
biology
math
eng

though your grades in other courses were impressive but d deficiency u had in physics as nullified your result.

this makes it no different from someone who didn't pass any especially if u are eyeing schools like unilag that takes only one sitting.

my advice, go back and retake And ensure u pass the basic 5 above at credit level.

this is the bitter truth

good luck

2 Likes

Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Slurity(m): 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
How compulsory?
very very very very very very. I still have about 19 more if you need to be sure how compulsory
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
Freeman59:

Uncle, to gain admission to study any science course, you need five credit passes including mathematics and English language, physics and chemistry.

Stop asking like you don't already know.
sorry I'm not a science student.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
Slurity:
very very very very very very. I still have about 19 more if you need to be sure how compulsory
19 more what?
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by notoriousbabe: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
Herbal medicine is the only course you can read with those results
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by bellazz(m): 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=ThisTrend post=58645734]I'm a Science student, here's my WAEC result.
I'm planning to study Biochemistry in University.

Do you think I'll be admitted into my choice of Institution... I'm aspiring to study at Unilorin, OAU, ABU, Futminna or Unilag. Do you think any of the University above would accept me??

Geography; E8
Civic Education: D7
English Language; C4
Mathematics; B3
Agricultural Science; C4
Biology; C6
Chemistry; B3
Physics; F9
Dye and Bleaching; F9

Which other science courses do you suggest for me??

Go for something Agricultural Related... my opinion though

2 Likes

Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by thestevens: 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
no no no, it not at all, I'm a biochemist, I know what I suffered because of a pass in English. I will advice you write neco or GCE
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
Victornezzar:
Could av given u d go ahead but sister ur physics spoilt everything, dd u write neco
Some schools myt still accept u sha, I know of 1 Catholic university wey dey accept anything, lemme keep shut grin

You know say that "holyman" dey swear for people abi?
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Pope22(m): 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
#Copied

CORRECT UTME SUBJECT COMBINATIONS FOR ALL THE COURSES.

Major reason why I decided to go through pains to post this information is because some of you aspirants are always misinformed. Someone listed his utme subjects and his scores for me and asked me the right course he should change to, I told him to change to social work. He started arguing with me that mathematics is required for social work (according to Jamb brochure), I tried to inform him that most of the subject requirements listed in Jamb brochure are not accepted by some schools for most courses, the argument continued and I wish him good luck. There are some courses in Jamb brochure listed for some courses which are not accepted by some schools. I have worked in Jamb for more than 10 years now and I know how people always miss admission because of wrong subject combinations. When it hapens, they will be storming our office for us to do magic for them. Go through this post and see the correct subject combinations for all the courses before you change your course and also to know if you made a mistake during your Jamb registration so that you can change course also. Once you change course, you will never change it again. This post or change of course application is not only for those who score low in Jamb, someone who made a mistake during Jamb registration can also use this opportunity to make some changes.

A. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE:
(ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, PHYSICS & CHEMISTRY)

B. FACULTY OF ARTS:
(ENGLISH, CRK, LITERATURE & GOVERNMENT)

C. FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES:
(ENGLISH, BIOLOG, PHYSICS & CHEMISTRY)

D. FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION:
(ENGLISH, MATHS, ECONS & ACCOUNTANCY/COMMERCE)

E. FACULTY OF DENTISTRY & MEDICAL SCIENCES:

F. FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
(ENGLISH, CRK, LITERATURE & GOVERNMENT.
Others sub departments listed below and their utme subjects are:
- Education/Chemistry are: ENGLISH, CRK, LITERATURE & CHEMISTRY
- Education/Biology are: ENGLISH, CRK, LITERATURE & BIOLOGY
- Education/Maths are: ENGLISH, CRK, LITERATURE & MATHS
- Education/Physicis are: ENGLISH, CRK, LITERATURE & PHYSICS
- Science Lab. Tech are: ENGLISH, CHEMISTRY, PHYICS & BIOLOGY
Someone who chose any course under Arts can change to any of these courses in education.

G. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING:
(ENGLISH, CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS & MATHS)

H. FACULTY OF ENRIONMENTAL STUDIES:

I. FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES:
(ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, PHYSICS & CHEMISTRY)

J. FACULTY OF LAW:
(ENGLISH, LITERATURE, GOVT & CRK)
If you chose any course under Arts, you can change to Law.

K. FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES (Pharmacy):
(ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY & PHYSICS)
Someone who chose medicine, any course under biological sciences, Agric and health sciences can change to Pharmacy.

L. FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES:

M. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES:
(ENGLISH, GOVT., LITERATURE & ECONOMICS)
NOTE: For those going for Economics, the subject combinations are:
(ENGLISH, ECONOMICS, LITERATURE/GOVT & MATHEMATICS)
For those going for Psychology, the subject combinations are:
(ENGLISH, LITERATURE, GOVT & BIOLOGY)

M. FACULTY Of VETERINARY MEDICINE:
Someone who chose medicine, Pharmacy, any course under biological sciences, agric and health sciences can change to any of these courses in veterinary medicine.

Please bear in mind that some courses such as combined biological sciences, combined physical sciences, combined social sciences, combined arts, etc cannot be found in Jamb database for some schools during change of course, they are possible through supplementary admissions. If there are other questions or other things that are not clear to you concerning utme subject combinations for schools for courses, kindly drop them as comments or call 08070314305 or send me a message via my facebook (ODIRA OKAKA). Those of you who wish to be assisted in admission this year in any school are free to call for procedures.

Share!

OD (HD ICT, JAMB) - 08070314305

1 Like

Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Victornezzar: 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
BroZuma:

You know say that "holyman" dey swear for people abi?
dat deir reverend father ahbi
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Amoyinoluwa24: 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
Fact is, your physics result is the only issue here. Everything else you need for biochemistry is in good standing

1 Like

Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by pat1612(m): 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
Dont do it if you dont have plan for further studies or a better job u can getter instead go for organic chemistry or analytical.

Just my view for your info i am a first class biochemistry graduate and not working in any field related close to it angry
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Agricultural Science; C4, Chemistry B3

I THINK u r good to go

he needs physics....the 5 science subjects English,math,bio,chem,phy must be credited
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
Botany, Zoo,,, then maybe faculty of agric.... crop or animal science can accept an F in physics. The only problem is that grades in waec have points now, me I went to school in the 'olden days'.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Freeman59: 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
ThisTrend:
I'm a Science student, here's my WAEC result.

Do you think I'll be admitted into my choice of Institution... I'm aspiring to study at Unilorin, OAU, ABU, Futminna or Unilag. Do you think any of the University above would accept me??

Geography; E8
English Language; Co
Mathematics; B3
Agricultural Science; C4
Biology; C6
Chemistry; B3
Physics; F9
Dye and Bleaching; F9

But op, how were you able to pass mathematics and failed physics?

1 Like

Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by deewhydoski(m): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
Na physics spoil ur result...No federal universities in Nigeria will give u science courses with this ur F9 in physics. F9 in physics na bad market.
Is it possible for someone to have B3 in maths and Chm, and then F9 in phy. Ur result get k leg
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Victor08032(m): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
Go &Ask Google
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
Victornezzar:

dat deir reverend father ahbi

Nna nah my mouth you wan learn whistleblowing?
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Victornezzar: 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
BroZuma:

Nna nah my mouth you wan learn whistleblowing?
Wats my biz with him
dat school dat wasted my time for a whole good 2 years
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
Victornezzar:
Could av given u d go ahead but sister ur physics spoilt everything, dd u write neco
Some schools myt still accept u sha, I know of 1 Catholic university wey dey accept anything, lemme keep shut grin
do yhu mean madam Madonna..... grin
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by ThisTrend(f): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
pat1612:
Dont do it if you dont have plan for further studies or a better job u can getter instead go for organic chemistry or analytical.

Just my view for your info i am a first class biochemistry graduate and not working in any field related close to it angry

Organic chemistry
will I get admission with this result?
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Rakiticbarca: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
ThisTrend:
I'm a Science student, here's my WAEC result.

Geography; E8
English Language; C4
Mathematics; B3
Agricultural Science; C4
Biology; C6
Chemistry; B3
Physics; F9
Dye and Bleaching; F9

these subjects:

English Language; C4
Mathematics; B3
Biology; C6
Chemistry; B3
should give you Science Laboratory Technology in a polytechnic of your choice, after which you apply for a DE, but make sure you make up your result while running the ND programme.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University / Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.