Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice (29969 Views)

Which Course(s) Can A Student Apply For With This WAEC Result? / Please I Need Suggested Topics For Biochemistry Seminar Presentation / Please Is This Waec Result Good Enough To Study Business Admin In Lasu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Victornezzar: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
Sharming95:
do yhu mean madam Madonna..... grin
Yeah Bro grin
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Jazmiynne: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
ThisTrend:
I'm a Science student, here's my WAEC result.
I'm planning to study Biochemistry in University.

Do you think I'll be admitted into my choice of Institution... I'm aspiring to study at Unilorin, OAU, ABU, Futminna or Unilag. Do you think any of the University above would accept me??

Geography; E8
Civic Education: D7
English Language; C4
Mathematics; B3
Agricultural Science; C4
Biology; C6
Chemistry; B3
Physics; F9
Dye and Bleaching; F9

Which other science courses do you suggest for me??

I do not know how things operate in the schools you have in mind.

But I have a B.Sc. in Biochemistry from Uniport and I didn't use Physics. Actually, the original admission I got was for Maths/Statistics, but on getting to school to do clearance, we realized that I had mistakenly omitted inputting my Physics result on my portal during registration. For that reason, I was told I couldn't proceed with admission into Maths/Statistics because physics is a prerequisite for the course.
Fortunately, I was with my mum who is my very own God-sent angel in human form. Our two craze together inside ICT cos I passed physics, infact I was with my WAEC statement of result showing my B3 in physics and now they are telling us story. Long story short, I was eventually able to go through a rejection process and amongst the other courses I was told to pick from were Biochemistry, Industrial chemistry, Microbiology, Animal and Environmental Biology (AEB). I chose Biochemistry, and every day since then, I am grateful for that physics omission.

Summary of the long story is that I think you are good to go with your result! Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, and Agriculture is the combination that sets you on course.

However, do not box yourself into a corner. Get the Jamb booklet and check on the schools you intend to apply for and see plainly their course requirements for Biochemistry.

I wish you success dear. Go and succeed smiley

4 Likes

Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by MizAijay(f): 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
Physics is a foundational course for biochemistry so you might need to rewrite and get a C at least. Wish you all the best.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by jammyunn(m): 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
ThisTrend:

Do you think I'll be admitted into my choice of Institution... I'm aspiring to study at Unilorin, OAU, ABU, Futminna or Unilag. Do you think any of the University above would accept me??

Geography; E8
English Language; C4
Mathematics; B3
Agricultural Science; C4
Biology; C6
Chemistry; B3
Physics; F9
Dye and Bleaching; F9

OAU and FUTA would accept you without physics
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by pfadom: 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
Physics is an issue that is quite critical for admission into Biochemistry especially in a competitive environment.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by jammyunn(m): 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
Jazmiynne:

I do not know how things operate in the schools you have in mind.

But I have a B.Sc. in Biochemistry from Uniport and I didn't use Physics. Actually, the original admission I got was for Maths/Statistics, but on getting to school to do clearance, we realized that I had mistakenly omitted inputting my Physics result on my portal during registration. For that reason, I was told I couldn't proceed with admission into Maths/Statistics because physics is a prerequisite for the course.
Fortunately, I was with my mum who is my very own God-sent angel in human form. Our two craze together inside ICT cos I passed physics, infact I was with my WAEC statement of result showing my B3 in physics and now they are telling us story. Long story short, I was eventually able to go through a rejection process and amongst the other courses I was told to pick from was Biochemistry, Industrial chemistry, Microbiology, Animal and Environmental Biology (AEB). I chose Biochemistry, and every day since then, I am grateful for that physics omission.

Summary of the long story is that I think you are good to go with your result! Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, and Agriculture is the combination that sets you on course.

However, do not box yourself into a corner. Get the Jamb booklet and check on the schools you intend to apply for and see plainly their course requirements for Biochemistry.

I wish you success dear. Go and succeed smiley
you are the very few people who have made sense on this thread. It all depends on the school. Like you mentioned uniport, OAU and FUTA are the other federal universities that I know who can admit her without physics
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Jazmiynne: 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
MizAijay:
Physics is a foundational course for biochemistry so you might need to rewrite and get a C at least. Wish you all the best.

This is very untrue. Physics cannot be a foundational course for biochemistry when the term biochemistry is obviously a collabo of Biology and Chemistry.

During my time as a BCH undergraduate, we did Physics ONLY in 100 lvl and 1st semester of 200lvl. A total of 3 Physics courses out more that 40courses in the entire 4year period.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by remiopash: 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
ThisTrend:

Geography; E8
English Language; C4
Mathematics; B3
Agricultural Science; C4
Biology; C6
Chemistry; B3
Physics; F9
Dye and Bleaching; F9

Having gone through this thread,a lot of people here don't know how to give advice .The young lady did well except that she has F9 in physics,which does not mean that the whole world has collapsed on her.Try to put yourself in her shoes by trying to figure out the kind of stress she went through before achieving the results.Please,try and check the minimum requirements of those schools you have chosen as related to Biochemistry before making another attempt at writing another exams.Some schools can take Mathematics in lieu of physics.The money and time can be spent on another educative programs e.g computer training or even writing JAMB ..but if you have the time and the cash then register for another O level exams. Goodluck!!!
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
owaeghianye:
Na once them go just know say nor be you Use your brain write this exam.
How you go get B3 for mathemics and chemistry then you come get f9 for physics
Na wetin too much exam malpractice they cause be this.
una focus too much on mathemics and physics. Then on the day of physics the exam malpractice come cast. The thing nor come flow well
If not as mathematics and chemistry be B3. Then your physics supposed be C4 or C6 assuming say na you use your head write am
Sometimes he good make we dey read small even if Expo go flow at least Jack small thing before you enter exam hall in case the Expo matter cast.

lol
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by patola080(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
ThisTrend:

Geography; E8
English Language; C4
Mathematics; B3
Agricultural Science; C4
Biology; C6
Chemistry; B3
Physics; F9
Dye and Bleaching; F9

u should have pass Dye and Bleaching too now
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by MUSTEPHA45(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
I think you should change your course because physic.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by paulynpen(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
Futa will accept you. Just go there yourself and make enquiry. If you need help let me know. Congratulations
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by ivolt: 1:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
With your physics F9, I will advise you start preparing for another WASSCE.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by SEEDORF441(m): 1:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
OceanmorganTrix:
all d MATHEMATICS in 2017 WAEC i've seen so far r all B3
u are on point
i ave 4 b3
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by eyiye(f): 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
My brother had A1 in Maths and am still surprised.

salt1:

I'm surprised at the pass rate in Mathematics this year.
Even my niece who was almost failing Maths in her school exams scored B3 in WAEC.
I've seen E8 though
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by SEEDORF441(m): 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
20% pass physics this year
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by MizAijay(f): 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2017
Jazmiynne:

This is very untrue. Physics cannot be a foundational course for biochemistry when the term biochemistry is obviously a collabo of Biology and Chemistry.

During my time as a BCH undergraduate, we did Physics ONLY in 100 lvl and 1st semester of 200lvl. A total of 3 Physics courses out more that 40courses in the entire 4year period.

I see the word 'foundational' threw you off balance. What I meant was that the OP has to pass physics to get admitted as a biochemistry student. Without a doing well in O'level physics how is the OP going to pass physics in 100lvl. I'm also a biochemistry graduate if you may know.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Mekanus(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
Waec candidate, try harder next year.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by kingtblackhoc(m): 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
OceanmorganTrix:
all d MATHEMATICS in 2017 WAEC i've seen so far r all B3

look harder mate, mine is B2
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by UncutSk(m): 2:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
Try again bro
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by cy4cent(f): 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
ThisTrend:

Geography; E8
English Language; C4
Mathematics; B3
Agricultural Science; C4
Biology; C6
Chemistry; B3
Physics; F9
Dye and Bleaching; F9

Study in Philippines
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by NigerianScholar: 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
ThisTrend:

Geography; E8
English Language; C4
Mathematics; B3
Agricultural Science; C4
Biology; C6
Chemistry; B3
Physics; F9
Dye and Bleaching; F9

Instead of letting random people without certainty tell you. Some will say yes. Others will say no . Why dont you look for the school's brochure and confirm. A simple google search will help. There are many uni aspirant groups here. For oau,unilag etc
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Jazmiynne: 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
MizAijay:

I see the word 'foundational' threw you off balance. What I meant was that the OP has to pass physics to get admitted as a biochemistry student. Without a doing well in O'level physics how is the OP going to pass physics in 100lvl. I'm also a biochemistry graduate if you may know.

Lol I refuse to drag words with you. Maturity is shown in the ability to express one's opinions and views without resorting to maligning another. If you knew better, you'd not have typed the first sentence of your post. On that note, you are forgiven.

OP u sef, is it that you just felt like opening a thread? What happened to simply consulting JAMB brochure? undecided

Oh and about this...
Without a doing well in O'level physics how is the OP going to pass physics in 100lvl.

Did you also do Metabolic Pathways in your WAEC? So how did you manage to pass the course as an undergraduate? Or you failed it? undecided
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Acme77: 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
No dearie.
You need PHYSICS
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by hgnbello(m): 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2017
those uni u mention above nt gona be easy cz u will c pple with A's that choose there.. dat physics is no good.. jx try nd complete ur result.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by akinboluwarin(m): 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
You can't study BCH without Physics OP, take another o'level exam.
Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Jazmiynne: 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
OP this is what you should have done. According to the 2017/2018 JAMB brochure I found online, if you must do Biochemistry, you must rewrite WAEC to get Physics. I therefore stand corrected as the standard has changed. Maybe you could pray to turn back the hands of time just a little and your result would take you there.

As it stands though, going by this brochure, its either you look for another course or write another WAEC.

Cc: ThisTrend

Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
kingtblackhoc:

look harder mate, mine is B2

1 Like

Re: Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice by Kingpinukecy(m): 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
Try ur luck my guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FUTMinna Orders 100-Level Students To Withdraw / Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This / I Am Grateful For The N250 Gift- Uniport's Best Graduating Pediatrics Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.